MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – As usual I will be LA starting today at 4:45pm EDT until Monday morning for weekend family duties. Access will exist but be sporadic.

@Anyone questioning MoS’s play
– yes, he always tries to be ‘Useless Eugene’ early in games regardless of alignment. He thinks it helps him seem ‘less threatening’ when he is Town and helps make sure he isn’t an ‘easy’ meta target.

@Dol Edd
at the bottom of my post. And the question is for your slot. You are only one slot and Hydra or not one of you needs to explain that to me.

I also agree with Feysal in that as someone who doesn’t play at Westros I find all the “Westros meta” talk to be as useful as a wet paper-bag. From what I have gathered Westros plays on a short cycle very similar to the site I played on before coming here. I would not try to cross-meta significantly from that site to here given the large differences it site norms and playstyle differences due to the short timeframes for Days.

@Also
– making the list for PlessieZar reminded me of something I wanted to say for future reference … if someone claims a somewhat non-standard Cop role in this game don’t immediately attack the absurdity of the role. I’m not going to elaborate on why just yet but do keep it in the back of your mind once I’ve prediciabely been Nightkilled early on.

--

PlesZar wrote: Could somebody who played in AFFC perhaps make a list of who was scum for me? As far as I can tell, it's not been revealed on the game thread, which currently only goes up to page 60 / the start of day 3 (I assume because of the board crash a while back?).

Scum in AFFC Mafia were –

Zoraster (who was Mod-confirmed Treestump scum from Page 1)
MoI
Shadow1
Zdenek
Pine
Greenknight

Shadow was the only scum to get lynched when I faked a Cop guilty on him.

--

Sala wrote: @MoI: Umm, no, not unfinished. I do have a certain game you should be very familiar of where I did use the list.

Why does this matter?

Because I’ve noticed a tendancy for newer / weaker scum players to try to mimic the beheaviors of stronger Town (or Town perceived) players as a manner of buddying. It usually manifests itself in undertaking behaviors they don’t normally due.

As an example – Katsuki in Plum and Andrius’s Lord of the Rings Mafia suddenly started using “Town / Scum lists” (see Posts 121 and 188) out of the blue. He explains at 293 that it is his first time using it (and he ‘liked” it). Yet he’s never done it since. The reason why? He was wanting to subtly mimic stronger players (the DGB / Ellibereth hydra being the best example) also doing it.

I’ll have to review but I don’t recall you ever doing that on a consistent basis Day 1 in games before. It dinged my scumdar since some strong players (Benmage / Regfan) who are using lists here.

--

Dol Edd wrote:(Also, everyone should reevaluate/recheck their read on Regfan. I got bad vibes from his ISO. I think because he came into the game strongly, people assumed right away he’s town [me included]. Seems like his posts of summaries/reads on a lot of players strike me of what I tend to do as scum (seeexample). OTOH, I’m not familiar with Regfan-meta too much, so I’m not sure if he tends to do this as town.)

Regfan makes summaries as both Town and scum so it’s completely Null as far as alignment goes for him to use them.

--

Feysal wrote: As I was reading Tammy's #423 I was thinking of how a common scum symptom is difficulty in finding suspects.

Do you really think this is that viable a tell in a game you think is Multiball? Scum have every reason to scum-hunt in a Multiball environment. Personally I find it to be a “Not used to the noise” tell in Large games for players with no MS experience.

--
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark

Day 1, Votecount 19

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Starbuck (1) - redFF
SnowStorm (4) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Feysal
Minimum (6) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, StefanB, Benmage

Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (2) - Amrun, Minimum
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
BBmolla (1) - Hyperion
Dolorous Edd (1) - Jal
Tyene Sand (1) Mastermind of Sin
Hyperion (5) - Pandora, BBmolla, Staeg, Plum's Yo Mamma, Dolorous Edd

Not Voting (4):
Mockingjaye, kortul, Bvoigt, sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • redFF is V/la until Friday.

CHOOSE TO OINK LIKE A PIG

Tyene Sand (2) - Feysal, Mastermind of Sin
Dolorous Edd (2) - hasdgfas, Hyperion
Feysal (2) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20
Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (3) - Regfan, Tyene Sand, Plum's Yo Mamma

Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
redFF (3) - Benmage, Minimum, Pandora

Shadow1psc (3) - BBmolla, StefanB, MagnaofIllusion

Not Choosing (10):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, kortul, redFF, Amrun, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Jal, Sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 am

Post by kortul »

Greetings. I was following the thread so far, but sometimes was just skimming, at the peak of thread activity. Now, since i am in the game, merely skimming isn't enough, so will do a reread. I am on vacation with a family, and we are visiting friends in US, so will steal night time for reread.

For now, UNVOTE: and
Unchoose

P.Edit.
Mod,
guess i should be in a counts instead of my predeccessor. :)
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

@MoI

I assumed that was for Arthur to answer..

My comment about appealing to my "my scummish nature" is the running joke on westeros as in everygame I play in I am a suspect, people always find reasons to see me scummy, which makes it hard to play as scum alot of time..

As for Arthur's comment I can't I don't know his answer on meta at all, but for me you can use it all you want, but just know you will look bad if you are wrong :P

I honestly can sepeculate that what Arthur is actually refering too is that On Day 1 is is harder to get a solid read on people based on anything, even meta, and alot of it is gut feelings and assumtions..

It is not until later in the game that people will start to show patterns and start to really show scummy stuff..

this is only my second game on MS so It very well could be different here with the long Day1 as I am totally used to the 32 hr days at the Westeros Mafia
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

>.< I will start signing them sure i think

-Alek
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 am

Post by redFF »

Hi I'm back ill get to reading this probably tomorrow
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

@Lyanna

I was finished with Pandora, if you were expecting more I am sorry for dissipointing you then..

I understand others have defended the "Multiball slip" but I say that Pandora's defense felt defenseive rather then debatable, if you understand what i am saying..

The others seemed to defend in more like town would, while Pandora seemed like he was defending a partner in Trouble...

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:52 am

Post by Benmage »

Sal, There was nothing worthwild in this: post 278

In post 286, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:
Regfan and MagnaofIllusion are also decently strong townreads, although I won't explain either for
now for reasons.

Super secret reason not to explain a town read.... pffft :roll: :roll:

In post 298, Hyperion wrote:Continuing This...

Continuing what your first post was a bunch of quotes ??? post 241

In post 323, Minimum wrote:
5) Benmage, I don't have a particularly high opinion of my scumhunting, but I'd trust myself with a vig a lot more than I'd trust you. Speaking of which, you never explained why you were so interested in Minimum's vote for Starbuck (and then for Snow Storm).

You need me to explain why I questioned unexplained votes?

In post 345, Regfan wrote: I'm getting a similarish vibe from him here than I did in White Flag where he was town.

Odd reference.. I thought a lot found me scum in WF. I may be senile here.

(So yeah still quite a ways back... more to come later )
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm gonna wait to update readslist till I'm caught up.. off of where I am, I'd like to be choosing Shadow... I think Jal n Sal are town... Hype maybe noobtown.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:24 am

Post by Staeg »

Okay umm how about the hydras started acting like one slot instead of two mason/scumbuddies
This is mostly @DEdd, but also a bit about others
sa vrede?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

In post 409, Staeg wrote:I would still like starbuck to die (who STILL hasn't nameclaimed), but I'm more or less alone there.

Why do you want Starbuck to nameclaim? Until she's in danger of being lynched, it's antitown. If she was at L-1, we'd want to hear her name and flavor, but until then, all it does is give more information to the scum.

In post 456, BBmolla wrote:
In post 451, bvoigt wrote:What was the purpose of asking this?

What was the purpose of asking
this?

Out of all the posts in this game

Page 1, I know, but it sounded like possible rolefishing. What were you expecting for an answer? "Yes, all the people with alts are using their actual rolenames from the game"?

In post 488, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’d also consider a wagon on Bvoigt for as it looks very much like the “Stall out commenting on anything of recent vintage to look active while not being held accountable for being up-to-speed” style posting scum love to use to active-lurk along. Nothing in that post is meaningful (he asks questions about comments on Page 1 which have long been settled, takes three positions that have been more or less long settled and convienently falls on the right side in each, and makes a throwaway fence-sit on a post of mine).

Though I see why you thought I was fencesitting on your post, that wasn't my intention. I think it was a scummy post.

I think Lyanna is town. Should probably reread Minimum and Edd. Even though they've posted a lot, I haven't really "noticed" them.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 535, bvoigt wrote:Why do you want Starbuck to nameclaim? Until she's in danger of being lynched, it's antitown. If she was at L-1, we'd want to hear her name and flavor, but until then, all it does is give more information to the scum.

And to the town. Why did she claim VT? Because she volunteered to be chosen. If she was getting chosen, why not nameclaim, and if not, why claim VT? The thing is, even if her name gives us nothing, her doing so (or in this case, not doing so) gives us info.
sa vrede?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 am

Post by StefanB »

Bvoight: Why is a nameclaim more dangerous, than the allready claimed role?

A lot of people seem to be in catchupstate at the moment.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:44 am

Post by bvoigt »

For the moment, though, she's nowhere near being chosen. I just don't see how we can use her nameclaim to help us. Stefan, I don't think it's more dangerous, but it's still additional information for the scum.

VOTE: Salamence
Choose: Feysal

Sal is my top suspect right now; I will post a case on him soon. Feysal I'm less confident about, but he's the best option out of the people who currently have Choose votes.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 535, bvoigt wrote:Page 1, I know, but it sounded like possible rolefishing. What were you expecting for an answer? "Yes, all the people with alts are using their actual rolenames from the game"?

It was more annoyance with the alts and how useless they are in this situation, simply causing me to have to keep checking the front page to remember who is who.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:01 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 538, bvoigt wrote:For the moment, though, she's nowhere near being chosen. I just don't see how we can use her nameclaim to help us. Stefan, I don't think it's more dangerous, but it's still additional information for the scum.

Well, I guess that my point isn't that she should nameclaim but more that she's scum for not nameclaiming.

(also I don't think that scum gain more info from a nameclaim than townies do, especially if it's coupled with a VT claim, but I don't want to go rolefishing)
sa vrede?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:15 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 535, bvoigt wrote:Though I see why you thought I was fencesitting on your post, that wasn't my intention. I think it was a scummy post.

Good. Please elaborate on what was scummy specifically in terms of scum motivation.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Salamence20 »

BV, what do you want from me? I alreaddy gave out reads and the like.

MoI wrote:Because I’ve noticed a tendancy for newer / weaker scum players to try to mimic the beheaviors of stronger Town (or Town perceived) players as a manner of buddying. It usually manifests itself in undertaking behaviors they don’t normally due.

As an example – Katsuki in Plum and Andrius’s Lord of the Rings Mafia suddenly started using “Town / Scum lists” (see Posts 121 and 188) out of the blue. He explains at 293 that it is his first time using it (and he ‘liked” it). Yet he’s never done it since. The reason why? He was wanting to subtly mimic stronger players (the DGB / Ellibereth hydra being the best example) also doing it.

I’ll have to review but I don’t recall you ever doing that on a consistent basis Day 1 in games before. It dinged my scumdar since some strong players (Benmage / Regfan) who are using lists here.

Ok, I see where you are going with this, but I must ask, why must I be obvscum? What if I am just town trying to play with the big boys
and failing either way he plays

I don't think I've used lists on day one because most day 1 games I play are really short. But I was asked to give reads and the like, and I gave them. The only scum game I played was one where I tunneled on my rival who tunneled me, only to be lynched and to use WIFOM to get a town player lynched.

Personally, I learned that posting alot makes me scummy, and I am trying to get better at my posting rate and scumhunting, most of which I haven't done much.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

VOTE:
Hyperion - First of all, read how completely terrible that vote on BBMolla was. Second of all, look how in his catchup posts, he attacks TWO people specifically- one for the vote, and one for the choosing. I'm excited for the replacement so I can push through the lynch harder, but this person is pretty clearly scum and should be lynched now. Could use a few more votes here, but if you all want to be stubborn, that's fine.

CHOOSE:
Shadow - Currently posting scores and scores of bullshit, and is focused mainly on defending himself and instead of scumhunting, insists that he always scumhunts when he's scum in multiball. Which is pretty fucking scummy not only because he's trying to confirm he's town through self meta, but he's trying to say that he's only a non-contributor when he's town, which is lies and lies and lies.

Unchoose, Choose: Shadow

I don't think the Minimum lynch is going through any time soon, and I've seen enough flashes of town where I'm not exactly ready to lynch them today. I also haven't seen many people explain or reinforce minimum reasons lately and no one is asking for them, so that wagon needs to be dissolved or reinforced.

People on their one man crusade wagons should probably start compromising a tiny bit; this long into the game without any actually strong wagons is just pitiful.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

Biggest wagon of the game had SEVEN people on it.
Time to step it up a bit.

Shadow at the bottom of the screen, why the hell are you voting Magna?
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 543, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Shadow - Currently posting scores and scores of bullshit, and is focused mainly on defending himself and instead of scumhunting, insists that he always scumhunts when he's scum in multiball. Which is pretty fucking scummy not only because he's trying to confirm he's town through self meta, but he's trying to say that he's only a non-contributor when he's town, which is lies and lies and lies.

Your reading comprehension is off the charts terrible.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:03 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 419, Shadow1psc wrote:Snap decision, I vig someone like MoI, or hascow. Not for any reason other than they've burned me as scum before and I know they're crafty as hell.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 395, StefanB wrote:Okay
Unchoose

Choose: Shadow

Will think later who is better to lynch, who to be our assasin (if we have to use this tactics. :wink: )
At the moment I am using this as 2 votes.

So Stefan, have you given this some thought yet? Who would you rather send to the wall?

In post 499, Dolorous Edd wrote:
As for you,
I haven't played with Zar much
as he mods just about every game On Westeros..

Alek I don't remember us playing any games ever, so I don't know where/what you're basing your meta on me :S
89 (The R'hllor game) was your first mafia game, right? The only game I've played since is 91.5 (the Double handed Mafia Mini), which you did not play.

In post 501, SnowStorm wrote:
:roll: No, it means I'll be able to read them better once there's more than meta to work with, like a lynch...

Your passive stance is out of character though. Why aren't you questioning players? Isn't there anything that you have found odd this far in game?

~Zar.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Benmage »

fuckit
unchoose choose Shadow

choo choo

my buddy law school grad party + taking lil bro to udelaware tomorrow.. means my weekend will be busy.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Benmage »

blah
unchoose choose Shadow

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”