Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Shadow

Unchoose, Choose: Shadow

Coo coo kachoo!

In post 522, StefanB wrote:

MoS: Is that normal for MoS regardless of alligment?
I have seen him playing with short snippes at the beginning of the day as scum. (Link hope that works):

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18732

(It also has Amrun and Quilfordtown and me as SK)

Man, I wish I bothered to try that hard on Day 1s anymore...that game took a lot more effort.
Permanent V/LA.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Jal »

Time to try and get myself back into this.

I've played once briefly with Hyperion before and he came across as a very scummy player even though he was town. I can
kinda
see his thought process behind his BBmolla vote in post 298, but I can't quite tell if that's just him being willfully dense or not. He strikes me as a player you have to "wait and see" to find his proper alignment.

I'm getting slight scum vibes from Snow mostly due to post 194 wherein he talks about scum not killing Jon Snow if we send them to the wall. Especially when he asks "What do you think?" It feels like a callback to Dolorous Edd's post 14 which someone called a town-tell not much sooner. I know someone said Snow's over-thinking of the flavor is a town-tell of sorts, but I just don't think his post seemed completely genuine.

@Snow
: Who do you think is scummy?
@Plums Yo Mamma:
Which one of you are at the helm in your recent posts? What are your thoughts on SnowStorm?
@Shadow
: I really don't see much content from you, except mainly you talking about yourself. What are your thoughts on some of the bigger wagons in the game so far?
@Dorlous Edd:
Have you yet answered the question at all regarding your thoughts on Minimum and that wagon? I know Pandora asked you earlier, but your only reply was,

In post 86, Dolorous Edd wrote:No, but neither do you seem like you have an opinion for why you're voting them.

Which, other than expressing nothing of value, you just deflected the question back at them. I also see you didn't underline Benmage putting Minimum in the scum category, which I assume to mean you didn't necessarily disagree with his placement of Minimum there at that time. So what are your thoughts - or am I just missing this?

VOTE: SnowStorm
Choose: Dolorous Edd

Where did Starbucko go?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Prince's Pass is one of the principal overland routes from the Stormlands to Dorne. It is located in the Red Mountains of Dorne.

Day 1, Votecount 20

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Starbuck (1) - redFF
SnowStorm (5) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Feysal, Jal
Minimum (6) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, StefanB, Benmage

Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (3) - Amrun, Minimum, bvoigt
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
BBmolla (1) - Hyperion
Hyperion (5) - Pandora, BBmolla, Staeg, Plum's Yo Mamma, Dolorous Edd
Shadow1psc (1) - Mastermind of Sin

Not Voting (3):
Mockingjaye, kortul, sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • MOI is V/la. Hyperion is V/la.

CHOOSE DRAMA

Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (3) - hasdgfas, Hyperion, Jal
Feysal (3) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, Bvoigt
Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (2) - Regfan, Tyene Sand
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
redFF (2) - Minimum, Pandora
Shadow1psc (6) - BBmolla, StefanB, MagnaofIllusion, Plum's Yo Mamma, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin

Not Choosing (8):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, kortul, redFF, Amrun, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.i
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Minimum »

Whee, I'm seeing
Wicked
tonight! :D (It's pretty easy to guess whether this is Mina or CES based on who would be excited by this and who wouldn't be caught dead in the theatre.) So just a couple of quick points before I go:

1) Um...guys? Why are you
Choosing
Shadow? He's either 1) scum, or 2) seriously going to shoot one of Cow/MoI based on "them having fooled him before." He should not be let anywhere near a gun.

(Actually, I missed that post before--as well as the fact that his vote is on MoI
only
because he's misread MoI before, and thinks that's legitimate at this point in the game. I haven't liked his interactions with Plumamma on this page. Also, it just occurred to me Regfan's reasons for trusting him were terrible; they were literally, "Shadow can't be scum, because scum never argue hard against someone's lynch!" Changed my mind. I'll give Shadow
a few more RL days
to look like Innocent Shadow--even if he thinks no one will listen to his precious cases, that doesn't stop him from making them.)

2) Since people keep bugging me about it...my "null" read was changed to slight town, because although I found the argument itself nitpicky, her thought process and her reference to discussions with Nacho looked real. (I find I usually dislike Plum's cases--not so much that she suspects the wrong people, just that her reasons for suspecting whom she does always seem alien to me). But I wasn't confident on it, and didn't really want to give her a gold star immediately after she'd posted words. Just calling her town for posting a fairly generic post would be making her feel comfortable for no reason. And I don't know, I was kind of hoping it might provoke some reaction from the slot.

By the way, who has made the hydra's most recent posts? (p-edit: nevermind, Jal asked first.)

3) mockingjaye, you've mentioned quite a few things you dislike that people have said, but do you have any concrete reads? Also, why are you not voting for or choosing anyone? (I feel like most of your points against our slot are not tied to alignment--for example, there is no contradiction whatsoever between saying "Salamence's post doesn't clear him" and "Nothing we've posted, so therefore I don't particularly object to being suspected.") For the record, I liked Starbuck's self-Choose mostly just because the tone of her posts felt like a beleaguered townie under pressure who thought she was sacrificing herself for the good of the town. You didn't get that sense from her posts? MoI just self-Chose with no explanation. All I'll say is that my understanding of Benmage's and MoI's characters is different from yours; I think Benmage's arrogance manifests itself very differently from MoI's, and I could conceivably see MoI feeling persecuted and having a deflated opinion of his Mafia abilities right now.

4) MoS:
In post 358, Minimum wrote: Tierce, why did you vote to Choose us in the same post that you said we were a bad lynch? Yes, we'd be a better Choose than lynch, but you haven't mentioned a single negative thing about our slot until we became the leading lynch.

I thought it was implicit that I'd found it scummy.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

The incongruence that the Dolorous Edd hydra displays is quite unlike Pandora's. In fact, with the way Alek's first posts were, no, I'd say there is absolutely no sense in saying that the towntell of hydra-ness was 'burned' already by Pandora. Alek's initial posts even show that he didn't read Pandora fully (since he missed some of their Feysal points), so what makes you think that he gave such detailed thought to someone calling a towntell on it? Either way, I'm not interested in spending more time today on this slot and I'm shelving it as town. However, in the meantime:
In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 386, Tyene Sand wrote:
In post 385, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 374, Tyene Sand wrote:Aaand the major hydra dissonance just showed that Edd is (are?) town (again).
Can't say I agree with this. The hydra dissonance displayed by Pandora earlier seemed very natural; that's a town-tell, sure. But the Alek/Arthur dissonance? Meh.
Individual scumhunting from Arthur/Alek. They're likely wrong in their top scumspects, but the way their reads differ don't really speak of someone who's bothering to check with their buddy to make sure they don't mess up their reads or accidentally write themselves into a corner. I'd like them to patch it up, as with Pandora, but initially? Alek came in and threw down reads with major disregard for what Arthur had already said. Yes, this is a towntell from them.
That might be a town tell for a lot of people, and the hydra might be town. However, this is not a town tell for those two particular people. Staeg mentioned how this was already called a town tell for Pandora, so it doesn't really apply the second time.
And, well, this is Alek and Arthur, so it's not exactly a towntell
from them
Please explain this bit, little wolf.
In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:She's a Sand Snake from Dorne and while her house may have never bowed to the throne, it's a vastly inferior place than the north.
All bark, are you?

Pless is indeed sniping from the sidelines. I don't know if this is a typical feature of his play, but for example, calling Arthur out on hypocrisy as he does in is pretty pointless and reads like an unnecessary attempt to rile him up. Hypocrisy is not a scumtell.
Something else I'd like from Pless--follow-up on the reason you about his townread on me.
However, with all things considered, I can sense some natural hydra interaction between them that feels like town discussing reads.

I have trouble reading StefanB. Not just this game, we've played together before, and the language barrier really gets to me. I'm hopping through two languages
and it still doesn't make sense
. (No, don't replace out, but please try to be a bit more clear, I'm not a native speaker either.) Regardless, comes across as really honest in a subject I'd expect him to dodge if he were scum.

Shadow1psc's jumps between happy funtimes to being apparently irate are very odd. I need to poke at this further. He sounds honest when he discusses theory, sure, but I think he'd be honest about theory regardless of alignment, so that is hardly aalignment-indicative in any manner, shape or form.
In post 452, Regfan wrote:His walls behind what he thinks is optimal town play comes across as him really believing it
See above as to why I disagree with this.

I wouldn't call Hyperion's a , and I'm surprised he describes it as so. BB, you have a tendency to accumulate a few votes on the early days; how come
one
vote draws such a visceral reaction?

SnowStorm's comes across as very forced. It seems like he's covering his ass with that Benmage vote/townread; now he's admitting (again) that he thinks Benmage is town, and that admitting to it makes the vote lose its power--so... you were voting a townread: what was the intended 'power' about the vote that
admitting it is on a townread
makes it lose? It makes no sense, it's not even fishing for reactions or seeing who jumps on the wagon; it's literally a useless vote. What's more, here he is admitting it is a bad vote for all intents and purposes, that unvoting is boring, but chooses to leave a useless vote there when he has things like an apparent scumread on me. Makes very very little sense from town, but makes sense like scum scouting out a wagon possibility before hopping on it.
In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:I don't think it's inherently scummy, but when I've done it I've usually made an announcement that that is what I have done and that I will move it when I decide who it's going to go onto if I for whatever reason don't unvote (but that's usually when we're nearing deadline and I'm actively searching for someone to vote instead.) And, this is the problem I'm having is that you're not actively looking for suspects; you're not actively engaging with anyone in the game really. You picked up on the Ben issue and I have no problem with that, but that is pretty much all you have done other than discuss theory. And then you gave a few townish reads and said that there was pretty no scum reads, basically you nulled everyone. The manner in which you gave your reads was rather stilted as well. All of this made me suspicious. If it were just the vote, and you were being active in the game, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
Exactly this, though it hurts me to admit that the wolf might have a point. He had a somewhat viable suspect elsewhere, and just sits there on that vote he called useless. It feels like he's choosing not to engage.

I expect ~things~ from redFF. I also expect to be disappointed.

Staeg, there is no reason for Starbuck to nameclaim. She claimed VT, let it lie. We don't know what powers scum might get from learning players' character names, so please,
shut up

In post 435, Lyanna Stark wrote:If it's a bit of nervous posturing, you might want to stop as it's not doing you any favors and is going a long way to destroy the town vibes Arthur gave your hydra.
Why would you say this...? The way you deal with Alek is weird, it comes across as "watch it, I'm getting a bit of a scumread on you", and my brain just goes and tacks "stop it before I have to bus" to the end of your sentences. :| Why the kid gloves?

I'm actually quite uncomfortable and suspicious towards the way Feysal acted in toward me. He's the first to want to put things into context, yet the way he treated my reason for my Choosing of Lyanna at the
beginning
of the game, which was clearly explained to Benmage as part of a conversation, was as if it was something that had something to do with the
then-present
gamestate. It feels artificial and scummy.
In post 448, Feysal wrote:
[Among other things, MagnaofIllusion is a townread]
for being less confrontational than I'm used to seeing him.
This is quite ridiculous, as anyone who has played with MoI-town knows he's confrontational regardless of alignment.

Quite curious as to why MoS
is
was voting and choosing me, as there is absolutely no pressure behind that. Anything you want to talk about, MoS? People have brought this up, and then you without any kind of follow-up. I know town-MoS to be lazy, but I don't know him to ignore people's reads and comments about him.

In post 446, Minimum wrote:It seems like multiple players in this game are bold-facedly admitting to not reading the thread and just sheeping whatever case the first player who looks town makes (which I find not so much scummy as antitown, although my other half would disagree with me).
Uhm. :shifty: It's not actually antitown--Regfan is a better scumhunter than I am and I'm lending strength to his choices. CES could tell you this about sheeping, but
anyway

Amrun, thoughts on the game? If you're reading the latest string of posts and feel comfortable enough to comment on theory-points, where are
your actual reads
?

Dislike Plum so far. Her targets are all so easy.

In post 525, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Sala wrote: @MoI: Umm, no, not unfinished. I do have a certain game you should be very familiar of where I did use the list.

Why does this matter?
Because I’ve noticed a tendancy for newer / weaker scum players to try to mimic the beheaviors of stronger Town (or Town perceived) players as a manner of buddying. It usually manifests itself in undertaking behaviors they don’t normally due.

As an example – Katsuki in Plum and Andrius’s Lord of the Rings Mafia suddenly started using “Town / Scum lists” (see Posts 121 and 188) out of the blue. He explains at 293 that it is his first time using it (and he ‘liked” it). Yet he’s never done it since. The reason why? He was wanting to subtly mimic stronger players (the DGB / Ellibereth hydra being the best example) also doing it.

I’ll have to review but I don’t recall you ever doing that on a consistent basis Day 1 in games before. It dinged my scumdar since some strong players (Benmage / Regfan) who are using lists here.
I'm going to cut you right here re: Salamence and copying behaviors/sheeping. I like your reasoning, but he actually does this kind of thing as town.

In post 503, Eddard Stark wrote:
Alleras, known as The Sphinx, is a novice studying at the Citadel in Oldtown. He was nicknamed the Sphinx by Leo Tyrell. His mother is a trader and he claims to not be a noble's son. Interestingly enough, Alleras is Sarella spelled backwards. Sarella Sand is one of the Sand Snakes of Dorne, and looks
very like
Alleras. Curious!
My little sister has such interesting pastimes.

Townreads: Lyanna Stark, Regfan, Dolorous Edd, Pandora, MagnaofIllusion, Starbuck, (StefanB, Plessiezarus, BBmolla)
Scumreads: SnowStorm, Shadow1psc, redFF, (Plums Yo Mamma, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Minimum)

UNCHOOSE: Minimum
CHOOSE: Feysal
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 226, Starbuck wrote:But how will we know that we are choosing scum? We don't. So why not have some control over this rather than none at all?

How will we know the person the chosen townie shoots is scum? God damn.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

Cerywn's Bible anyone?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Sword of Omens has requested replacement. Beginning to look now.

---

---

Greenknight replaces Sword of Omens.
War has arrived!

Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 545, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 543, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Shadow - Currently posting scores and scores of bullshit, and is focused mainly on defending himself and instead of scumhunting, insists that he always scumhunts when he's scum in multiball. Which is pretty fucking scummy not only because he's trying to confirm he's town through self meta, but he's trying to say that he's only a non-contributor when he's town, which is lies and lies and lies.

Your reading comprehension is off the charts terrible.

Thank god, because if I read that right, this game would be far too easy for me and Plum to plow through. So set me straight and explain where I got it wrong. Also, voting MoI because he fooled you once as scum is bad. Do better than that, please. Sheep onto a wagon if you need to, just don't do that.

Jal, the most recent couple of posts was Nacho. I currently am leaning scum on SnowStorm but am waiting for Plum to do her ISO of him before making that solid scum. I wouldn't mind switching my vote to him if you switched your choose to Shadow, though (hint hint hint).

Tyene Sand wrote:Dislike Plum so far. Her targets are all so easy.

I'm going after the easy scum today, yes. Do you know why? Because it's page 23, and the largest wagon we have had isn't even halfway to majority. We aren't going to lynch scum if we can't get a lynch, and there's absolutely no problem in going for the easier to read players before the big fish. (also I am waiting for Plum so we can discuss the more difficult reads, but that's BESIDE THE POINT) And you seem to share my philosophy, no? Do you think Snowstorm is a difficult target?
also is there anything I can do to get you to choose Shadow instead of Feysal? company's better this way.

Mina, I'm not so afraid of a shitty vig shot if shadow is chosen to be the assassin. After he's chosen and before the lynch is reached, he will have plenty of players giving him advice on who to shoot, and I'm sure he will not stubbornly shoot Cow or MoI if we yell at him not to. Luckily it doesn't matter cuz he's scum, so.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

salamence, chillin at the bottom... care to play a game?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 507, Feysal wrote:
As I was reading Tammy's I was thinking of how a common scum symptom is difficulty in finding suspects. I did not like SnowStorm's either,
in particular the joke about unvoting being boring because it did not allow for that kind of situation was bad. Situation like what?
I was reminded of Mikujin way back in Storm of Swords, and how he was never able to form any suspicions during his time in the game. SnowStorm is starting to look suspect in the same way.

The situation was thinking that I was contradicting myself with the town read and vote, when the town read nullified the vote. I basically used that to reaction testing, since I had no better place for my vote.

In post 547, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 501, SnowStorm wrote:
:roll: No, it means I'll be able to read them better once there's more than meta to work with, like a lynch...

Your passive stance is out of character though.
Why aren't you questioning players? Isn't there anything that you have found odd this far in game?

Umm, it's not. I'm really not an aggressive player; I only get aggressive when more aggressive players aren't playing, like in smaller games and later game days (or when someone really annoys me...). As for odd things, yeah, I've found some but I need to do some re-reading. I don't want to start asking about things that have already been explained or that are from a different player, I need to make sure the odd things are really odd. And I'm not talking about anything specific here, just in general.

In post 551, Jal wrote:
I'm getting slight scum vibes from Snow mostly due to post 194 wherein he talks about scum not killing Jon Snow if we send them to the wall. Especially when he asks "What do you think?" It feels like a callback to Dolorous Edd's post 14 which someone called a town-tell not much sooner. I know someone said Snow's over-thinking of the flavor is a town-tell of sorts, but I just don't think his post seemed completely genuine.

@Snow
: Who do you think is scummy?

Of all the people voting me I think you presented one of the worst reasons. Why would I (or anyone in my position) as scum, make that post?

I don't have any scum reads atm, as I said, I need to re-read. But I do have some bad feelings about Minimum and now about you.

In post 554, Tyene Sand wrote:
SnowStorm's comes across as very forced. It seems like he's covering his ass with that Benmage vote/townread; now he's admitting (again) that he thinks Benmage is town, and that admitting to it makes the vote lose its power--so... you were voting a townread: what was the intended 'power' about the vote that
admitting it is on a townread
makes it lose? It makes no sense, it's not even fishing for reactions or seeing who jumps on the wagon; it's literally a useless vote. What's more, here he is admitting it is a bad vote for all intents and purposes, that unvoting is boring, but chooses to leave a useless vote there when he has things like an apparent scumread on me. Makes very very little sense from town, but makes sense like scum scouting out a wagon possibility before hopping on it.
In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:I don't think it's inherently scummy, but when I've done it I've usually made an announcement that that is what I have done and that I will move it when I decide who it's going to go onto if I for whatever reason don't unvote (but that's usually when we're nearing deadline and I'm actively searching for someone to vote instead.) And, this is the problem I'm having is that you're not actively looking for suspects; you're not actively engaging with anyone in the game really. You picked up on the Ben issue and I have no problem with that, but that is pretty much all you have done other than discuss theory. And then you gave a few townish reads and said that there was pretty no scum reads, basically you nulled everyone. The manner in which you gave your reads was rather stilted as well. All of this made me suspicious. If it were just the vote, and you were being active in the game, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
Exactly this, though it hurts me to admit that the wolf might have a point. He had a somewhat viable suspect elsewhere, and just sits there on that vote he called useless. It feels like he's choosing not to engage.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

(this is the answer to that last quote, which wasn't included in that last post due to failure in the copy/paste process)

The vote initially demonstrated that I suspected Benmage. Now it is a useless vote. But don't say I'm "scouting for wagons", it would have been much easier for me as scum to just echo someone else's suspicion and jump on their suspect. I really can't see how anyone would do this play as scum. I know I'm very far from looking town, but scum? You're not just accusing me of being scum, you're accusing me of being stupid-scum. According to all of you I just keep digging myself deeper with each post; everything I do is scummy, everything I don't do is scummy. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Btw, I never said I had a scum read on you. I had a town read on you and then you posted something I didn't like and explained it. There was no reason for me to vote you, since I believed your explanation.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Hey Jal, what are YOUR thoughts on Minimum? You keep asking that to D.Edd but you never expressed any thoughts on Minimum yourself.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 554, Tyene Sand wrote:Please explain this bit, little wolf.

They're fairly impulsive and they're unlikely to have done the things the tell implies they weren't doing as scum anyway.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 417, Tyene Sand wrote:You say that as if I'm ever not-Town, Griff. You should know better.

I don't have much in the way of scumreads. SnowStorm, redFF, I-can-go-with-Minimum. SnowStorm is easily the strongest of those. I also need to check Hyperion, but that won't happen tonight.

You should stop assuming stupid = scum, btw.
The way your Salamence read progressed was a clear sign of that. (And yet, it was a clear BBtown, so
that
was nice.)
In post 268, Tyene Sand wrote:MoI--why is the hydra suspect for jumping on Feysal's multiball mention while you are disregarding others who have done the same? Namely, me.

Frankly I think the way they are dismissing scumreads on themselves as ridiculous speaks of Town.
The two quotes above show why I'm wary of SnowStorm and really want this wagon to go through. He seems to be deliberately use my words for 'things one should qualify as town'. After LLD manipulated me with this in Maf.Maiden, I'm not letting the following fly:
In post 561, SnowStorm wrote:(this is the answer to that last quote, which wasn't included in that last post due to failure in the copy/paste process)

The vote initially demonstrated that I suspected Benmage. Now it is a useless vote. But don't say I'm "scouting for wagons", it would have been much easier for me as scum to just echo someone else's suspicion and jump on their suspect.
I really can't see how anyone would do this play as scum. I know I'm very far from looking town, but scum? You're not just accusing me of being scum, you're accusing me of being stupid-scum. According to all of you I just keep digging myself deeper with each post; everything I do is scummy, everything I don't do is scummy. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Btw, I never said I had a scum read on you. I had a town read on you and then you posted something I didn't like and explained it. There was no reason for me to vote you, since I believed your explanation.

(I hope CES enjoyed the musical! ;))
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Minimum »

You should let it fly though? That's not at all common scum behaviour.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I don't even know what to tell you... This just got ten times more ridiculous. I'm laughing right now.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Hyperion will be unable to post due to the V/la so I'm now looking for a replacement.
War has arrived!

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Thanks, Mina.

In post 553, Minimum wrote:4) MoS:
In post 358, Minimum wrote:
Tierce, why did you vote to Choose us in the same post that you said we were a bad lynch? Yes, we'd be a better Choose than lynch, but you haven't mentioned a single negative thing about our slot until we became the leading lynch.

I thought it was implicit that I'd found it scummy.

Yea, I definitely have a problem with Choosing someone you'd object to lynching, as they should be essentially the same thing, because you should try to target scum for both.

That's not the only problem I had with it:

In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:I find it curious that you have null reads on three of the weakest players in the game.

How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover, we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched, now would we?

UNCHOOSE: Feysal
CHOOSE: Minimum

1) Choosing someone that you call a bad lynch (as Mina pointed out)
2) Calling out redFF's scumminess, but then neither choosing nor voting him, instead Choosing someone else for a shit reason
3) The little joke flipped off at the end about CES's record of not getting lynched doesn't sit right with me either, but that's more of a gut thing.

If redFF ever flips scum, I'd bet money that this is Tierce as a scumbuddy here.

That said, I'm bored, so baaaaaaaa. Wake me up if we ever get back to Tierce-scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Cogito Ergo Mum: Call me paranoid maybe.

In post 568, Mastermind of Sin wrote:1) Choosing someone that you call a bad lynch (as Mina pointed out)
2) Calling out redFF's scumminess, but then neither choosing nor voting him, instead Choosing someone else for a shit reason
3) The little joke flipped off at the end about CES's record of not getting lynched doesn't sit right with me either, but that's more of a gut thing.
If redFF ever flips scum, I'd bet money that this is Tierce as a scumbuddy here.
That said, I'm bored, so baaaaaaaa. Wake me up if we ever get back to Tierce-scum.

1) My Minimum read, for the nth time, is the-power-of-sheeping-Regfan. And yes, I Choose differently than I Vote and I've explained why.
2) redFF was V/LA, and
I was voting him at the time.

3) So... why do you have a problem with me making jokes here, but never had an issue with me and Vi chatting each other up in Otherworld?

Yes, that was tremendously convincing. You're not even reading my posts, since you're blatantly ignoring this:
In post 81, Tyene Sand wrote:
CHOOSE: redFF

Unnecessary posturing.
In post 82, Tyene Sand wrote:Let's reverse that, actually.

UNCHOOSE: redFF
CHOOSE: Feysal

UNVOTE: Feysal
VOTE: redFF
In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover, we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched, now would we?

CHOOSE: Minimum

I was voting redFF at the time of that post.
My vote changed to SnowStorm in .

There is a difference between being lazy and just pushing shitty cases, which is what you were doing, given that you had no awareness of who I was voting.

CHOOSE: Mastermind of Sin
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 569, Tyene Sand wrote:And yes, I Choose differently than I Vote and I've explained why.

[.....]

There is a difference between being lazy and just pushing shitty cases, which is what you were doing, given that you had no awareness of who I was voting.

CHOOSE: Mastermind of Sin

Please explain, on you basis that you already explained in how you treat both choose and vote, why MoS is a better choice than a vote.

Because the way I see it, you're saying that if MoS is town, you would trust him with a vig shot while knowing he was being lazy and pushing shitty cases as town?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

No. If he's town, he's being lazy, yes. But I think he's scum who is pushing shitty cases. Lazy != shitty cases, that's what I meant. "What you were doing" refers to "just pushing shitty cases", not to "being lazy".

MoS is a good player when he deigns to pay attention to the game. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't throw a vig shot away on a bad target just because he's lazy when
alive on D1
. His laziness has several reasons, and while I disagree with them, I understand where it comes from and it's characteristic of his D1 play.

The
suspicion
on me is scummy, though, because it's a sign that he went from laziness to making a veritably crappy case on someone with faulty facts.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Pandora »

Sorry for my absence; experienced unexpected LA. Will post soon.

-- Quiford
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Amrun »

bleagh

Still trying to locate catch - up time here; every effort will be given to complete it before I go to bed tonight.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Shinori replaces Hyperion