Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

hasdgfas wrote:
In post 798, Tyene Sand wrote:
@Hascow, why are you ignoring my ?
Because there's nothing to address?

In post 264, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 247, Tyene Sand wrote:I find it curious that you have null reads on three of the weakest players in the game.

How sad that this thread would ignore redFF's scumminess. Minimum is a bad lynch and, moreover, we wouldn't want to ruin CES's record of not getting lynched, now would we?

UNCHOOSE: Feysal
CHOOSE: Minimum
This is a really bad post in pretty much every respect.
In post 645, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 643, Minimum wrote:While we're at it, why did you find this post of Tierce's bad? What's your current read on Tierce?
What's "this post of Tierce's"? And Tierce isn't in this game, unless I'm missing something.
There is this. is the post Minimum asked you to explain. I'm Tierce. What are your issues with ?

(Assuming that you don't mean the 'bad lynch'/'choose them' bit, which I've already explained in .)
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Andals are one of the three major ethnic groups of Westeros. Their arrival caused the fall of many of the kingdoms of the First Men which had developed in the wake of the Pact with the children of the forest and brought the Faith of the Seven to the Seven Kingdoms.

Day 1, Votecount 27

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Starbuck (1) - DCXLVI
SnowStorm (7) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Feysal, Jal, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion

Minimum (4) - Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, greenknight
Salamence20 (4) - Amrun, Minimum, bvoigt, Mastermind of Sin
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shinori (3) - Pandora, BBmolla, Staeg
Shadow1psc (1) - StefanB
bvoigt (1) - Plum's Yo Mamma
Jal (2) - SnowStorm, Dolorous Edd

Not Voting (3):
Mockingjaye, kortul, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • MOI is V/la.

CHOOSE LIGHTS

Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (2) - hasdgfas, Jal
Feysal (5) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (2) - Regfan, StefanB
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
Shadow1psc (4) - BBmolla, MagnaofIllusion, Mastermind of Sin, Lyanna Stark
greenknight (5) - Plum's Yo Mamma, Minimum, Tyene Sand, Pandora, Plessiezarus

Not Choosing (6):
Mockingjaye, kortul, DCXLVI, Amrun, SnowStorm, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.

Any mistakes, please point them out.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unchoose, Choose: Feysal
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 788, Salamence20 wrote:MoI: what is your read on me, shinori, and MoS?

MoS: Gut is nothing. But ok

Gut is everything. Gut is more reliable than cases. I'd trust my gut over my brain ANY day.

In post 790, Salamence20 wrote:MoS: What are your reads?

Don't have a list, per se.
Permanent V/LA.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

Ok, I have finally skimmed through enough of this to make some sense out of what is happening.

Things I think I know:
-Dolorous is town. From the posts of hers I skimmed its clear she is active and definitely scum hunting which is good.

-
Tierce's
Tyene Sand's reaction to me joining the game was just very odd. Before reading the thread I start commenting on the few most recent posts and she
somehow takes offense at that, yes it may have been something minimal, but hey, I was trying to figure out what was going on in the game and my posts did not warrant that type of negative reaction. Not sure how to read her right now. I'm worried that she is one of those players I just always think is scummy.

-I think MoI and shadow are also town. The selfvote from MoI and the sarcasm from shadow seem to show more of a town mindset, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

-Not liking benmage much, mostly for his first two posts, he makes a silly RVS post and immediately follows it up by...chiding everyone for not taking the game seriously...

-Feysal seems to be trying way to hard to say the right stuff. The multiball "slip" doesn't concern me much. The very neutral play-style coming from here does. I'll post some examples of it tomorrow, but looking at his ISO seems proof enough.

@everyone, if you have played with shadow before, any info about his town/scum meta?

Choose:Feysal

VOTE: Jal I'm tired so I'm going to blatantly sheep Dolorous on this one.

and yes, I'm aware I'm joining two of the bigger wagons. It's not my fault they got caught before I joined.

Townreads: Dolorous, MoI, shadow
null leaning scum: Tierce
Scumreads: Jal, Feysal

I'll have more later but this is a good starting point for a game this big.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by Pandora »

In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:
and yes, I'm aware I'm joining two of the bigger wagons. It's not my fault they got caught before I joined.

Jal (2) - SnowStorm, Dolorous Edd

Uh. Sensitive much?

And how can you think Not-Tierce is inherently scummy. I cannot fathom the universe you live in.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Still lurking, life's busy, will make time tomorrow.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 779, Pandora wrote:On the other hand this Shinori wagon disintegrating is depressing. Looking back at the current voters, Beyond Staeg's vote he never mentions HyperShinori again. He's also still on his original choose on Starbuck.
Droopy dog
Molla isn't much better. asdfkg Edd does the same thing am I the only person on this wagon actually reading the fucking posts of the person I'm voting for instead of getting comfy while having wall arguments with everyone else? No wonder this isn't happening. If someone were to put a gun to my head right now and make me choose I'd go for SnowStorm but I was wondering if maybe the multiple people who mentioned HyperShinori looks scummy could look at him and vote him for being scum? -.-

We think Shinori is looking
much
worse than he ("they" now, I guess) did before his last few posts (and we originally thought that Hyperion looked okay). (When asked when and why he's decided SnowStorm looks scummy he posts a wall of quotes, glosses them with a couple of slightly disingenuous sentences, and then votes for him? Really?)

But SnowStorm is still the better option, we think. Sorry.

In post 794, Dolorous Edd wrote:Jal is totally scum. Seriously. No jokes. Go ISO him in Newbie 1237 and go look at this. In 1237 he was so town it hurt by like mid-day1. His overall tone and everything feels so off this time.

Plus also, this way you don't need to respond to his(?) questions or criticisms in Post 664? We have Jal as something of a town-read, ourselves.

You're going to have to spell out the huge difference between Jal's play so far in this game and in Newbie 1237, because I'm not seeing it. Also, since you've interacted with Jal (and even brought up Newbie 1237) before this, why is it only now you're so suspicious?

In post 794, Dolorous Edd wrote:Plus his Snowstorm vote is crap. In the same post where he votes, he simply says that he is getting "slight scum vibes" from Snowstorm and he doesn't think his posts are "completely" genuine. This kind of ambiguous statments feel forced as hell and he looks like he is trying to justify bandwagoning Snow.

Didn't you spend ages in Post 664 and Post 701 attempting to explain why you thought it was fine to vote for somebody you didn't have a strong-scum read on? Or was it a different hydra-head who told us that "you don’t really necessarily have to believe with all your soul and heart that someone is scum to be voting/choosing them at this point"? :roll: Why did you not react to Jal's "crap" vote when it was cast? You've made plenty of posts since then.
Other than Snow recently voting for Jal
, what's changed to make you reconsider it?

What do you think about Snow, by the way? Is he still null? For that matter, did you ever explain
why
SnowStorm was null? You failed to answer the question in Post 470 ... did you ever come back to it?

In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:Ok, I have finally skimmed through enough of this to make some sense out of what is happening.

Things I think I know:
-Dolorous is town. From the posts of hers I skimmed its clear she is active and definitely scum hunting which is good.

Dolorous Edd is male. (Didn't somebody else have this same confusion earlier?) I'm not sure how skimming can tell you somebody is "definitely scum hunting", but okay. You can definitely pick better people to sheep though.

-I think MoI and shadow are also town.
The selfvote from MoI
and the sarcasm from shadow
seem to show more of a town mindset
, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

-Not liking benmage much

Didn't Benmage also self-Choose? Why is it a town-tell for MoI and not for anybody else?

What an odd thing to say. Jal only had two votes when you posted this. SnowStorm, Minimum, Salamance, and even Shinori were all bigger wagons at that point. If anything, you seem to be
avoiding
saying anything about the "bigger wagons".

~ Pless
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by Regfan »

Benmage, I will make a significant effort to cut on the length of my walls then. In return can you explain Mina/Salam/Molla/Snow town-reads for me.

Pless, there's a big differene between what I consider to be stronger town and scum reads, I'll admit my scum reads can often be hit and missish like in WoT though I think the only scum player I town-read there was Matt, the rest were all in weaker scum tiers and in White Flag my town-read on Johhog wasn't based on Isa so much but on his past meta. Either way as Tammy put it she has a habit of reading Tierces play as scum and I did the same thing in Kdubs game but when you learn that certain aspects of her play are just what she's like then it's much easier to get a read on him by looking at what she's actually done in the game, who she suspects and why and all of those look very very town this game. Also I get your reservations about Edd but I disagree, they have far too many town-tells.

Sala, I still want you to answer for me please.

Right now here's where I'm sitting:

Town Reads (S->W):
Pandora, Edd, Tyene, Pless, Lyanna, MoI, Benmage,
Hasdgfas, Staeg, Jal, Starbuck, Bvoigt, Kortul, Mockingjaye, Shadow.
Need to focus on re-reading:
RedFF (?), Feysal (?), Plum (?), Shinori (?), Salam (?), Greenknight (?), MoS (?), Molla (?), Stefan (?), Amrun (?).
Scum Reads (S->W):
SnowStorm, Minimum.

I would bet the game on the bolded being correct, legit 100% certain on those reads being right so if I die they're never for lynching, ever. All my other reads can be taken with a grain of salt though and most of my scum-reads are still very weak in contrast to my town reads. I'll try and take my laptop with me to the club so I can get through the need to re-read through pile and actually read through Plums Green case properly.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

We’re prepping for Hurricane Isaac down here in Louisiana. It looks like it will make landfall around New Orleans some time on Tuesday night CST. Just a head’s up about my potential situation this week.

Also, I'm dividing my post so as to not to have such a massive wall. I did try to make it as reader-friendly as possible. I have been pretty well-focused on just a few people at the moment, too, so I will save addressing a lot of little things for the next post rather than trying to tie up a lot of loose ends in this one.

Shadow:
/twitch

Starbuck:
Thank you for your answers. I don't really agree with the choice you made to claim when you did, but I don’t have anything to add to that right now. I will probably have a few more questions after you do follow up some more. I’d also specifically like to see your read of Minimum, at least in regards to her defense of you as being “beleaguered.”

Plessy:
You bring up a good point about my Hyperion read, and I get what you’re saying, but I was more or less was reading it like this: the fact that Edd had speculated that the game would be multiball in pre-game is really a moot point post-PM distribution, when all anyone could assume would be that only scum would know something like that for sure, so Hyperion choosing to make a case of it still feels like reaching to me.

As for the chorus of defense lobbed his way, I haven’t had time to track down any of his meta, and nothing concrete has really been provided as an example within this thread, and I can’t really give a lot of merit to others basically telling me to trust them on that without some sort of support. Also, Shinori hasn't changed my mind so this slot is still on my list.
may the odds be ever in your favor...
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

Minimum/Mina:
I generally don’t vote right away, especially after I’ve gotten a late start, because I want to suss out feelings. My personality is generally pretty intuitive, and so I like to poke around and get responses to things I personally have problems with so I can see if my feelings about things are on track or if I’m just imagining things before making my initial vote because it helps keep me organized.

Regarding my first post, no, I didn’t really address alignment directly, but the people I mentioned are those who I have the most questions for/about to begin with, and I usually just try to keep my focus limited to around three to five people at a time, hounding them until I am satisfied that they are scum or until they convince me otherwise.

I did make note of certain comments of yours that while not necessarily alignment-indicative, really stand out to me as being off. As the game continues I know I can come back to that post and see how I was feeling early on, which may be helpful in later days after a lot of time and words have passed.

Back to your response, I have a few questions. You suggested MoI might have made a self-nom because he was feeling emo or that he might be “feeling persecuted and having a deflated opinion of his Mafia abilities right now” . Why do you think he might have been feeling that way by the time he posted? I have always gotten the impression that MoI doesn’t really care what other people think or don’t think about him and instead just plays the game to win. I can also think of several reasons MoI cast a self-nom when he did, too, and only one of those reasons is scummy. Do you really think that MoI is emo or has a deflated opinion of himself? Do you really think he is the type of player who would try to get rid of you regardless of your respective alignments?

Also, can you explain why you feel that Starbuck was a “beleaguered townie under pressure who thought she was sacrificing herself for the good of the town” ? I mean, people were asking her questions and she had some votes on her, but I don’t really see how she was that beleaguered and there was no way was she going to be lynched that early on in the game, so no, to answer your question I definitely don’t get the sense that she was sacrificing herself at all.

In regards to your and specifically
Minimum/Mina wrote:2) something along of the lines of "Oh, I bet someone is going to vote me for being overdefensive or appealing to emotion for this. And someone else for looking 'too concerned with appearances.' And someone else will go, 'oh, you also faked being angry in the First Law game, so FOS: Minimum,"

I really don't like the way it feels like you try to cut off any criticism regarding your outburst in and , which makes your outbursts seem much less genuine and a lot more manipulative to me. Because when I first read 641 and the subsequent posts, I started feeling bad for you, and then I realized what was happening and got a bit angry, especially at this kind of statement:
Minimum/Mina Post 718 wrote:because now there are people in the game who don't hate me,
I also feel like you are trying to escape from legitimate criticism for pulling that move by what you said in 718. You were being overdefensive, and those posts ARE AtE, and I have to question your motivation for using it. It really feels, more than anything, that you were trying to clean the slate and redirect the attention away from your wagon, and it really just confirms my scum read on you.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

Dolorous Edd:
Reading Edd is tedious for me, which is why I tabled him instead of including him in my initial post. I think what bothers me most about him is the amount of time he spends telling, not showing, that he is town. For example, basically everything in is awful: for one thing, much of it is dedicated to Arthur's theorycrafting rather than scumhunting. Also in this post, he does his best to assert that his playstyle is evidence that he is town, and basically I feel like if he
were
town then he wouldn't have to spend so much time explaining to us why his approach is town. He also revisits the whole "multiball slip" again, carefully expressing that is fine for him to THINK that the game is in MB, but the way he "thinks" of it is different than the way Feysal "assumes" it.

On top of that, in both and in , he goes into great detail about why his vote on Hyperion is a great way to create much-needed pressure, never mind the fact that Hyperion was gone by that point and a pressure vote is essentially meaningless. And yes, I know he was asked for Reasons by Plessy, but in explaining his pressure-theory he really just basically said he didn't have to have Reasons in a fancy way.

Combine his superfluous exposition with his reluctance to answer questions, the amount of dissonance between heads, and then posts like this one.
Edd/Arthur Post 644 wrote: *sigh* I knew at some point I’m going to have to come face to face with this, but seriously in all honestly, I really don’t know. I just can’t seem to get a read on them. I mean, I don’t oppose a lynch on them, but at the same time I don’t really support one. I seem to be better at evaluating the events surrounding Min (who’s voting, who’s not, etc.), but I really can’t seem to grasp a read on them :/ I will try to ISO them (again) in a bit, to see if maybe I can come up with a read.
So, he doesn't know how he feels about them because he can't read them, but he doesn't oppose a lynch on them, but he doesn't support one either, and he'll keep looking into that. Right.

This kind of tapdancing to avoid pinning down a read, especially on an active player who has been under fire, tells me that he's just keeping his options open for future voting and not really concerned with their actual alignment. It's also not really the first time he does it: his call for everyone to reread Regfan in without following that up with anything substantial--like a pressure vote or even a solid case--is another instance of this. Furthermore, in and , he puts Regfan on his list of those who "look good" for entering the game strongly, though in , when he is finally answering questions, he's back to being paranoid about Regfan, but he makes sure to establish that he has more of a town read on him despite that.

Overall I really just feel like Edd is trying to play it safe with his reads, and I don't like how he has started telling us how town he is rather than just being town.

-----
My strongest scum reads are on Shadow, Edd, Minimum, and Shinori. I'm still have about a few others I want to look into, but that will have to be later today, and I'm not 100% sure where I want to put my vote.

For now:
Choose: Shadow
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

Post by greenknight »

ISOed snow. I think snow admitting he didn't have scumreads when pushed in #328, and not feeling any pressure to form some scumreads in a hurry despite the fact he was picking up heat for it is a town tell. Also, the carelessness exhibited regarding his Benmage vote shows that he's not concerned about his image, another town tell. Snow has been playing a cautious game, and I don't see cautious scum leaving themselves such obvious openings to be attacked on, when it's easy to find posts you can call scumreads on in such a large game.

I think Jal's vote on snow is weak, but don't get the meta argument from Edd concerning the Newbie game either. And the timing of Shinori's move to Snow, just when it looks like the Minimum wagon is stalling and Shinori might become the next lead wagon, is suspicious.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 807, Plessiezarus wrote: Didn't you spend ages in Post 664 and Post 701 attempting to explain why you thought it was fine to vote for somebody you didn't have a strong-scum read on? Or was it a different hydra-head who told us that "you don’t really necessarily have to believe with all your soul and heart that someone is scum to be voting/choosing them at this point"? :roll: Why did you not react to Jal's "crap" vote when it was cast? You've made plenty of posts since then.

Umm, are you planning to aggrivate me on purpose? But I'll play your little game.

Pless
asks
for why Arthur votes Hyper (nevermind like 2 days after).
Arthur answers him.
Unfortunately, Arthur is a very non-static person.
So while PlessZar is on the satellite delay, Arthur has already moved past that, and has found a better place to move his vote, esp considering he doesn't think THAT VOTE IS DOING MUCH THERE ANYMORE.

If you're going to jump on every little move and need ever little idea that forms in my head, then I'm sorry, but this is becoming both mentally exhausting and ditracting.

In post 807, Plessiezarus wrote: What do you think about Snow, by the way? Is he still null? For that matter, did you ever explain
why
SnowStorm was null? You failed to answer the question in Post 470 ... did you ever come back to it?

You want me to explain...
why
he's null?!?!

Yea. Okay.

I'll get to Mockingjaye's post later. Maybe.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

I'll let Pless
continue to aggraviate you
handle the other things in this post.

In post 813, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 807, Plessiezarus wrote: What do you think about Snow, by the way? Is he still null? For that matter, did you ever explain
why

You want me to explain...
why
he's null?!?!

Yea. Okay.

Sure we do?

You and SnowStorm have a similar sign-in date to Soph's board, and have been in basically every game played there since (looking back at the records, SS's first game was 82.75, and yours was 83). Given the many games you've played together,
something
in his play must be striking you as off to warrant a null? Right? What is it? (Here's an altless one for the curious). How are SS's reactions even remotely similar to what he normally plays like?

~Zar.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Pandora »

I am such a terrible person and Shadoweh hates me but I will have a post in 48 hours or so, felt like it would be a good idea to go over our townreads.

-- Quilford
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:-I think MoI and shadow are also town. The selfvote from MoI and the sarcasm from shadow seem to show more of a town mindset, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

-Not liking benmage much, mostly for his first two posts, he makes a silly RVS post and immediately follows it up by...chiding everyone for not taking the game seriously...

What's this? You like my Self-Vote while not liking Benmage's first two posts which also contain a post 1 Self-Vote?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 am

Post by Pandora »

In post 816, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:The selfvote from MoI and the sarcasm from shadow seem to show more of a town mindset, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

What's this? You like my Self-Vote while not liking Benmage's first two posts which also contain a post 1 Self-Vote?

I think the real problem with those few sentences lies here:
In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:The selfvote from MoI and the sarcasm from shadow seem to show more of a town mindset, scum generally don't play that loosely. (at least from my experience)

-- Quilford
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 797, hasdgfas wrote:I've contributed less because there's too much talking for me to contribute to.

Oh, but the second I go on a long winded rant about why I don't contribute as much and I'm scum. Good catch :roll:
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:12 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 757, Shinori wrote:I have a town read on him, whoever we pick dies yes but the way I see it, giving scum a second shot won't help us. I'd rather send a townie and ask them to shoot who we think is scum. We are gonna lose a townie either way, however picking the townie ourselves is still better than letting scum do it.

How is that any different then say, picking someone who we think is scum?

I mean if we pick a townie and they are just going to pick someone we choose, then why don;t we choose that person to begin with?

Honestly, It makes more sense to pick somone we believe could be scum on the off chance they will

1) If they are scum win for us

2) If they are not scum, then:
a)We get rid of a scummy player
b)We still have a small chance they will hit scum.

By picking someone we believe is VT, all we are doing is taking away a town read? HOW DOES THAT HELP TOWN?

Please someone actually think about this? Scum would want us to choose someone we believe is town so that they can keep the suspecious people around..

So how about we actually treat this as a second lynch, for which it really is is just a secondary lynch..
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:50 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 813, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 807, Plessiezarus wrote: Didn't you spend ages in Post 664 and Post 701 attempting to explain why you thought it was fine to vote for somebody you didn't have a strong-scum read on? Or was it a different hydra-head who told us that "you don’t really necessarily have to believe with all your soul and heart that someone is scum to be voting/choosing them at this point"? :roll: Why did you not react to Jal's "crap" vote when it was cast? You've made plenty of posts since then.

Umm, are you planning to aggrivate me on purpose? But I'll play your little game.

Pless
asks
for why Arthur votes Hyper (nevermind like 2 days after).
Arthur answers him.
Unfortunately, Arthur is a very non-static person.
So while PlessZar is on the satellite delay, Arthur has already moved past that, and has found a better place to move his vote, esp considering he doesn't think THAT VOTE IS DOING MUCH THERE ANYMORE.

If you're going to jump on every little move and need ever little idea that forms in my head, then I'm sorry, but this is becoming both mentally exhausting and ditracting.

Kind of baffled by this reaction, to be honest :?. We're not trying to aggravate you for the sake of it at all -- we're asking you questions about your votes and your reads because, apparently unlike several other people, we're not convinced that you're town yet and want to get a better handle on what you're saying.

We're not trying to focus unduly on you or single you out in any way -- you're not even one of top scum reads (in fact, if forced to choose at gunpoint we'd probably guess you were town). But you have more posts than most people playing, so (inevitably, I think) we probably find more questions to ask you than we do, say, redFF. If we're really upsetting you for some reason, then we can only apologise: this isn't a deliberate strategy on our part, and it's not how we want to play the game. (Though, really, we're not quite sure why
being asked to explain your opinions of other players
in a game of mafia should prompt this sort of anguished response :?.)

For the record, I first asked you to explain your Hyperion vote the same day you cast it (I'm pretty sure I asked as soon as I'd read it, in fact, though Zar may have posted a couple of times before that). You might have taken days to answer, but that's hardly a result of
us
failing to keep up.

But more importantly, you seem to have (unintentionally?) completely missed the point of Post 807. I wasn't saying "why did you move your vote off Hyperion?", which is the question you seem to be answering. I was saying "if Jal's vote for SnowStorm looks so bad, why did you not comment on it at the time?".

... honestly, if it's only going to irritate you to answer this, feel free to not bother. Seems pretty obvious you're not getting Chosen or lynched today, and we have better suspects to push and question before deadline. Happy enough to listen to Regfan and leave you alone for now (at least for the Day).

~ Pless
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: MoI

Seriously? Now all of a sudden you want to say SS has been posting crap? Why havn;t you mentioned him before now?

Oh and your fake rage about the Mina/Ces wagon falling off made me laugh..

Now you are going to try and lurk the rest of the time away...good

Maybe it would be easier to get you lynched then as I find you vote on Snowstorm scummy as hell and your whole attitude anti-town.

You havn't had anything to say about SS, until now when the suspicion on him got turned up? WHy is that? Why didn't you point out his crap before hand?

I mean you had plenty of time to point out and comment on other people, and obviously you have been paying attention to SS before this, but you never commented on it, Why?

-Alek(this post and the one before it)

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

@ Mockingjaye

Your Whole case on Us is just one sided? Why is it that everything you pulled came from just one person(Arthur)? Did you take my posts also into context?

You should as that way you get a complete read on us, and not the half-assed one you posted..

Choose:Mockingjaye

I feel your case was lazy scum just picking are one or two things and trying to say that the person is scummy without reading everything..

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

Also
@Mockingjaye

WHy are you choosing your main scum read instead of voting him? Also, why are you not voting another scum read?

I mean you are not even voting at all? Seriously why?

-Alek again(as if you didn't know)

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Bumping vc
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”