BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

No, normally she identifies who I am and reads me accordingly.

There was some game where I said something about Ducks and Chickens and apparently what I said only made sense to me, so sometimes she jokingly references that. I've never really seen her get like this with me.

What I don't understand is why she got emotional because she thought I was reaction testing her while insisting she would not get emotional. It's also what probably makes her town.

Her assuming that I could not possibly think she is scum is probably Town Tammy tbh. Scum Tammy thinks that everyone thinks she is scum.

Apparently my meta on her is false(according to her), so what do I know.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 871, Pandora wrote:I have honestly never seen anyone do that to you. I've seen people who honestly believed you had ill intentions accuse you of being scum, though their ability to read you was an entirely different matter. How exactly does pissing you off further BBmolla's scum agenda, which is usually to lurk out talking to people?

And stop cutting me -.- It is like impossible to get a post out here

Probably none, and to be honest, he's probably town here.

In post 872, BBmolla wrote:I'm actually kind of hurt. No joke.

Pandora is Tammy town?

I'm possibly just being thrown off by her attitude towards me which I've never seen before.

If you weren't just trying to revoke me for a reaction bate/test, I'm sorry I called you a child. You're usually better at reading me than that and the manner that you went about calling me scum seemed more like that's what you were doing.

In post 873, Pandora wrote:I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I kind of thought she was town in Otherworld. I don't think she's done anything scummy though.

You did? <3

In post 874, Pandora wrote:Her having this argument with you reads pretty genuine actually. Have you ever argued with her in a mafia before? >.> I don't mean this offensively, Tammy, but taking an attack on alignment as a personal assault is the part you should try to stop. You should trust the people you play with to be playing mafia with you, not prod-with-a-stick-until-rages-happen.

It's one of the things I'm working on, but I'm not perfect.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Regfan »

Feeling significantly better about Molla again, his interactions with Tammy come across as town and I like his town-read and reasoning behind it on Shinori; it being that teaching a new player is easier in a hydra as town because you can discuss players, reads and situations whereas as scum it's a lot more about avoiding the spotlight. I also like Shadows "finally can post this game about Sala", I know in a lot of my past games I was dying to be able to reference games that lead towards my reads waiting for them to end so it's a relatively big town-tell and there's much better places for people to be choosing than him, much.

Really don't like DCL's replace in at all. It's actually terrible, he jumps into a discussion he has little context about and then proceeds to state reads on a very minimal percentage of the playerlist not mentioning or commenting on a lot of the bigger things going on. Not just that but his Jal vote and scum read is "Sheeping Edd" rather than saying why he thinks the slot is scum at all. Comes across as him not even really reading the thread and latching onto a few things.

I...don't know what to make of Stefans latest posts, they contain very little stances and signs of scumhunting and seem incredibly fluff-based. Tierce, mind taking a look at him for me because I found his very early posts genuine but thinking he might be scum now.

Edd, I don't see your Jal scum-read at all, I don't think his play this game and the game you linked has that much differences at all and I think the only real difference activity/stances ect. has to do with this being a larger game and I don't see his SnowStorm vote as bad. Also MoI is town, please move your vote.

I still need to focus on re-looking at Plum and their cases on Greenknight and Bvoigt and want to take another look over at Mockingjaye and Salam too.

Town Reads (S->W):
Pandora, Edd, Tyene, Pless, Lyanna, MoI, Benmage, Hasdgfas, Molla, (Gap), Shinori, Staeg, Shadow, Jal, Kortul, Feysal, Starbuck, MoS.
Null/Need to focus on:
Plum (?), Salam (?), Greenknight (?), Mockingjaye (?), Bvoigt (?), Amrun.
Scum Reads (S->W):
SnowStorm, Minimum, Stefan, DCL.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 875, BBmolla wrote:No, normally she identifies who I am and reads me accordingly.

There was some game where I said something about Ducks and Chickens and apparently what I said only made sense to me, so sometimes she jokingly references that. I've never really seen her get like this with me.

What I don't understand is why she got emotional because she thought I was reaction testing her while insisting she would not get emotional. It's also what probably makes her town.

Her assuming that I could not possibly think she is scum is probably Town Tammy tbh. Scum Tammy thinks that everyone thinks she is scum.

Apparently my meta on her is false(according to her), so what do I know.

Congratulations on getting the part in your play BB.

Pretty sure I responded to you like this when I replaced into star wars. I remember you getting frustrated with me being condescending in response to you calling me scum.

Your meta on this page is correct ;)

I actually meant to bring up your read on shinori and I saw that regfan agreed. I didn't get the impression that it was a new player hydraing with him, just a new player to this site. I also had the opposite reaction as both of you because I've seen shinori play scum more than once. He's fairly nervous as scum and readable, so when he said he was adding a friend, I wondered if it was more to help him not be so nervous as scum.

shinori
is your hydra partner new to the site or new to mafia?
Winter is Coming

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Amrun »

I'm ... failing horribly. So sorry. I've been per-occupied with medical issues but that's no excuse. Every time I sit down to seriously attack this game, I get hopelessly sidetracked. I've made a little headway and I can reasonably expect to be finished tomorrow after I have my doctor's appointment and don't have that to eat away at my attention anymore.

But Tammy looks really town from the most recent pages I've skimmed.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:
UNCHOOSE:

VOTE: Mockingjaye
CHOOSE: Feysal
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

Was just planning on just reading this thread before bed, but this needs a response.

In post 877, Regfan wrote:he jumps into a discussion he has little context about

Why is this bad? I was just trying to figure out what was
currently
going on by asking questions and such. Of course I'm going to have little context about it, I'm pretty sure I started posting before I had done much (if any) reading on the game.

In post 877, Regfan wrote:then proceeds to state reads on a very minimal percentage of the playerlist not mentioning or commenting on a lot of the bigger things going on.

It's nice to know that you expected me to have reads on every player in a 28 player, 35 page game after skimming the thread for a little less than an hour.
In post 804, DCLXVI wrote:
I'll have more later but this is a good starting point for a game this big.

I like what you're doing here Reg. You went and placed high expectations on me. (Must have reads on everyone and know the context of the game,) and of course being that I had just replaced in there's no chance I would meet either of those so you get an easy way to call me scum. I'm sure their is a name for this logicall fallacy you are promoting but I can't think of it now.

In saying I had two few reads you conveniently missed the part where I said I would be giving more later. In fact I'm find adding Regfan to my scumlist. His attack on me is very terrible and quite frankly a bit opportunistic.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I doubt scum-Shinori would answer that question honestly, Tammy, since it's an obvious towntell for him to pick a newbie partner. Either way, I like BB's reasoning, even though the rest of his posts make me wince. Stop buddying me.

Regfan--StefanB is one of the players I have issues literally reading, but I'll try. I don't like how he's poking at irrelevant stuff like it's somehow part of the game. However, even though it can be a bit of overjustification, I like this:
In post 395, StefanB wrote:Okay
Unchoose

Choose: Shadow

Will think later who is better to lynch, who to be our assasin (if we have to use this tactics. :wink: )
At the moment I am using this as 2 votes.

Minimum: I have trouble letting this point go, but okay will not mention it again, but for that my vote stays on you, until you prove your so called obvious townness. I think your slot is scum, if you like this stand okay...
The last lines to Minimum sound pretty genuine of town not convinced with arguments. I don't think scum would word it in this manner.

I'll give this a better look, but not tonight. My sleep times are all messed up and it's time (at 6 am >.>) to do something about it.

I dislike the votes on Jal. Feels like a comfortable wagon that can be pushed a bit each day without making headway while giving the voters an appearance of :effort:. Jal reads town at a glance.

Amrun probably needs to die.

PEdit: Holy overreaction batman.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 853, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 822, Dolorous Edd wrote:
@ Mockingjaye

Your Whole case on Us is just one sided? Why is it that everything you pulled came from just one person(Arthur)? Did you take my posts also into context?

You should as that way you get a complete read on us, and not the half-assed one you posted..

Choose:Mockingjaye

I feel your case was lazy scum just picking are one or two things and trying to say that the person is scummy without reading everything..

You do realize you're a hydra right? That means you are read as a whole. No one is going to go through and double check to make sure they read equal parts arthur to equal parts alek, especially ones who don't know how to decipher you (yes, I know you sign your posts but still). I actually find it pretty funny that you're upset your posts were picked apart, especially considering that your posts are far and away scummier than what arthur has posted. If you wanted to make sure you got lots of special attention you maybe should have signed up as yourself instead of as a head of a hydra.

Okay..is that not the point? Why just pick out those things from Arthur that everyone else has already commented on? Don't find it odd that not one of my "scummy" posts was commented on? I mean really? I don't think they really read the Hydra but picked out a few things others have already commented on and is trying to make a crappy case... and THEY DIDN'T VOTE AT ALLL
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 882, Tyene Sand wrote:PEdit: Holy overreaction batman.
Pardon me for breaking character. A reference to House Lothston or House Whent of Harrenhal would have been more appropriate here.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

TOWN FOR EVER AND EVER

2) Lyanna Stark (Tammy)
6) Tyene Sand (Tierce)
14) Regfan
18) Benmage
22) Pandora (Hydra)
25) BBmolla

LEANING TOWN

5) Staeg
9) MagnaofIllusion
redFF11) DCLXVI
12) hasdgfas
22) Pandora (Hydra)
24) Starbuck
26) SnowStorm
28) StefanB

NULL

1) Minimum (Mina/CES)
Petyr Baelish7) kortul
10) Plum's Yo Mamma
13) Shadow1psc
pappums rat15) Amrun
sword of omens16) greenknight
17) Bvoigt
19) Mastermind of Sin

LEANING SCUM

Hyperion8) Shinori
23) Salamence20

IS SCUM

3) Mockingjaye
21) Feysal
27) Jal

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 883, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 853, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 822, Dolorous Edd wrote:
@ Mockingjaye

Your Whole case on Us is just one sided? Why is it that everything you pulled came from just one person(Arthur)? Did you take my posts also into context?

You should as that way you get a complete read on us, and not the half-assed one you posted..

Choose:Mockingjaye

I feel your case was lazy scum just picking are one or two things and trying to say that the person is scummy without reading everything..

You do realize you're a hydra right? That means you are read as a whole. No one is going to go through and double check to make sure they read equal parts arthur to equal parts alek, especially ones who don't know how to decipher you (yes, I know you sign your posts but still). I actually find it pretty funny that you're upset your posts were picked apart, especially considering that your posts are far and away scummier than what arthur has posted. If you wanted to make sure you got lots of special attention you maybe should have signed up as yourself instead of as a head of a hydra.

Okay..is that not the point? Why just pick out those things from Arthur that everyone else has already commented on? Don't find it odd that not one of my "scummy" posts was commented on? I mean really? I don't think they really read the Hydra but picked out a few things others have already commented on and is trying to make a crappy case... and THEY DIDN'T VOTE AT ALLL

But you didn't say that. You said that your posts were not specifically commented on. If you were meaning what you said now, which makes a lot more sense, btw given your reaction, you should have said that to begin with. I don't find anything odd in them not voting considering that they said they had a few people they were trying to decide between before they placed their vote. Some people are cautious voters.

I like this reaction though. It feels genuine.
Winter is Coming

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 886, Lyanna Stark wrote:I like this reaction though. It feels genuine.

I
am
town, after all.

~Arthur. I'm not sure about Alek though. He might be scum Image.

Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Post by Shinori »

Friend is just new to the site.

He's not new to mafia. Also he hasn't even come to fully read the thread yet so I'm busy trying to catch him up. =|

If need be I could link some games where he has played on another site. He's been playing for a few months easily.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

Ftr, 880 and 885 are me (Arthur) and 883 is Alek. I can understand how this can get confusing, esp when we are posting at the same time.

(And sorry for the fluff :()

((And don't think I missed your question Zar! I promise I'll get to it tomorrow :D))

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 886, Lyanna Stark wrote:

But you didn't say that. You said that your posts were not specifically commented on. If you were meaning what you said now, which makes a lot more sense, btw given your reaction, you should have said that to begin with. I don't find anything odd in them not voting considering that they said they had a few people they were trying to decide between before they placed their vote. Some people are cautious voters.

But they used the Red Choose? I mean I could understand not doing both, but one or the other? Come one? I am sry but it just feels way off too me...

Also: Not I am gonna actually sit back and Confirm my reads with Arthur as We are having some conflict issues on who we think are town and who we think are scum...

Right Now I agree with him on Mockingjaye and Fenysel so I am okay with those votes

-Alek

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 887, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 886, Lyanna Stark wrote:I like this reaction though. It feels genuine.

I
am
town, after all.

~Arthur. I'm not sure about Alek though. He might be scum Image.

well you aren't termed 'the innocent one' for nothing.

In post 888, Shinori wrote:Friend is just new to the site.

He's not new to mafia. Also he hasn't even come to fully read the thread yet so I'm busy trying to catch him up. =|

If need be I could link some games where he has played on another site. He's been playing for a few months easily.

Thank you. I don't need a link to meta though. I just wanted to clear up the varying impressions we got.

In post 890, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 886, Lyanna Stark wrote:

But they used the Red Choose? I mean I could understand not doing both, but one or the other? Come one? I am sry but it just feels way off too me...

Also: Not I am gonna actually sit back and Confirm my reads with Arthur as We are having some conflict issues on who we think are town and who we think are scum...

Right Now I agree with him on Mockingjaye and Fenysel so I am okay with those votes

-Alek

It doesn't seem strange to me though. I didn't choose someone for a week, and am trying to figure out where I'm going to move my vote/choose to. Not everyone is comfortable just moving their votes around. Some people are more cautious. They gave a list of four people I think and said they needed to look at those people again to decide where they were sticking their vote; it's not odd to me.
Winter is Coming

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Regfan »

Lyanna, I'll admit the fact the hydra-partner of Shinoris isn't 'new' does weaken the town-tell but while he may be nervous and weak as scum I don't think his solution to counter that would be bringing into it another player he has to have hydra-interactions with since they'd have to fake read disagreements ect.

Tierce, redeeming factor of Amruns slot is that it was Pappums and I had a town-read on him. Need content from her soon though, like real soon.

DCL, the point and comments you were trying to 'catch yourself up with' were useless and spending time trying to try and get aquainted with it is and was pointless, the time would be much better of served actually reading the game. And I don't expect 28 reads at all but 5 reads with 1 of them being entirely a sheeping of a town read is literally no contribuition and content whatsoever, there's no need to post snippets here and there when you're not caught up with the game. Natural town thought process is catch-up, then post reads. Not post 1-2 reads then catch-up, the later is more likely from scum wanting to seem contributory and active. The "Adding more later" does nothing for me, especially when your reads and post insinuated you'd read a decent portion of the thread which isn't the case if those were your only reads that you had to elaborate on. Oh and also can you link me to a town and a scum game where you've replaced into please.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Post by Minimum »

Is he any good at playing scum?

Regfan wrote:Lyanna, I'll admit the fact the hydra-partner of Shinoris isn't 'new' does weaken the town-tell but while he may be nervous and weak as scum I don't think his solution to counter that would be bringing into it another player he has to have hydra-interactions with since they'd have to fake read disagreements ect.

That sounds like an unlikely thought pattern.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Iron Victory is a longship captained by Victarion Greyjoy. Iron Victory leads the Iron Fleet to Slaver's Bay to retrieve Daenerys Targaryen and her Dragons.

Day 1, Votecount 30

SnowStorm (9) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Feysal, Jal, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Pandora, BBmolla

Minimum (3) - Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark
Salamence20 (5) - Amrun, Minimum, bvoigt, Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shinori (1) - Staeg
Shadow1psc (1) - StefanB
bvoigt (2) - Plum's Yo Mamma, greenknight
Jal (2) - SnowStorm, DCLXVI
Mockingjaye (1) - Dolorous Edd

Not Voting (3):
Mockingjaye, kortul, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • MJ may be V/la for a hurricane.

CHOOSE TO BE CREATIVE

Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (2) - hasdgfas, Jal
Feysal (7) - Salamence20, Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori, Mastermind of Sin, DCLXVI, Dolorous Edd

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (2) - Regfan, StefanB
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
Shadow1psc (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye
greenknight (6) - Plum's Yo Mamma, Minimum, Tyene Sand, Pandora, Plessiezarus, BBmolla

Not Choosing (4):
kortul, Amrun, SnowStorm, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.

Any mistakes, please point them out.

Prodding Starbuck
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 877, Regfan wrote:
Really don't like DCL's replace in at all. It's actually terrible, he jumps into a discussion he has little context about
and then proceeds to state reads on a very minimal percentage of the playerlist not mentioning or commenting on a lot of the bigger things going on. Not just that but his Jal vote and scum read is "Sheeping Edd" rather than saying why he thinks the slot is scum at all. Comes across as him not even really reading the thread and latching onto a few things.

Oh, I wanted to touch on this yesterday, but somehow it escaped me.

I think that actually makes DCL/his slot
more
town. I don't think scum would jump in right away with little context and everything. They would be more cautious, they would take time to reread and actually form a full list of reads to look like they are contributing and being active, while what DCL did reads more as a lazy townie who is eager to get in the game.

In post 814, Plessiezarus wrote:Sure we do?

You and SnowStorm have a similar sign-in date to Soph's board, and have been in basically every game played there since (looking back at the records, SS's first game was 82.75, and yours was 83). Given the many games you've played together, something in his play must be striking you as off to warrant a null? Right? What is it? (Here's an altless one for the curious). How are SS's reactions even remotely similar to what he normally plays like?

~Zar.

See post 885. I re-read him, and he is leaning town now. I think a lot of people were just ganging up on him pointlessly, and I know that can get overwhelming, esp when you just see a bunch of people jumping on you and not really understanding the reasoning. He does actually read like genuine SnowStorm, and the little tone difference is accountable for playing on a different site, etc.

(If I may point out something though, I do think his explanation for why he doesn't want to re-read past games and all that talk about meta seems like overjustification, so I'm torn :/ But he reads genuine in the rest.)

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:18 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

Okay, trying to sort out my null pile.
Spoiler:
In post 885, Dolorous Edd wrote:NULL
1) Minimum (Mina/CES)
Petyr Baelish7) kortul
10) Plum's Yo Mamma
13) Shadow1psc
pappums rat15) Amrun
sword of omens16) greenknight
17) Bvoigt
19) Mastermind of Sin

Starting with Bvogit.

In post 535, bvoigt wrote:
Why do you want Starbuck to nameclaim? Until she's in danger of being lynched, it's antitown. If she was at L-1, we'd want to hear her name and flavor, but until then, all it does is give more information to the scum.

I knew I caught a bad vibe from this the first time I read it. How would it give more information to the scum again? You seem to be missing the why, and is just throwing out vague statements that may seem like town by saying “the boogieman will get more info.”

But, do you not think that scum already have fake name-claims? Actually, if you are scum, you would know that, and saying this to try and make yourself look town.

In post 538, bvoigt wrote:For the moment, though, she's nowhere near being chosen. I just don't see how we can use her nameclaim to help us. Stefan, I don't think it's more dangerous, but it's still additional information for the scum.

VOTE: Salamence
Choose: Feysal

Sal is my top suspect right now; I will post a case on him soon.
Feysal I'm less confident about, but he's the best option out of the people who currently have Choose votes.

But he just
happened
to be the highest wagon? Bandwagoningmuch?

In post 613, bvoigt wrote:So, here's why I think Sala is scum:

Spoiler:
His first three posts are all useless. He said he was catching up in another thread, and I'm sure that's true. But why bother making those posts at all? They add nothing new to the game. It looks like scum trying to appear helpful and avoid accusations of lurking.

Despite its length, his catchup post really doesn't have a lot of scumhunting IMO. Again, it seems like he's trying to appear helpful, rather than actively looking for the scum as a townie would.

Furthermore, I just noticed that he voted Minimum in his very first post, and has kept that vote there for the entire game, with no explanation AFAIK. @Sala: Why do you think Minimum is scum?

His other 3 scum reads, according to #433, are Shadow, SnowStorm, and Hyperion. So all 4 of his scum reads are popular wagons, and 3 of the 4 are arguably easy mislynches. Overall, it looks like these reads are mainly "following the crowd" without adding any of his own reasoning.

This is what I said I hate earlier.

Trying to justify a vote
after
you voted. It scummy as hell, and it looks like you are trying to contrive reasoning to make your vote look better.

Conclusion:
- Bvoigt leaning scum.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

So I'm leaving for Atlanta here in a bit for Dragon Con, so I'll be V/LA until at least next Weds. I will have my laptop and be able to check in.

Can someone sum up the current wagons for me?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Shinori »

In post 893, Minimum wrote:

Is he any good at playing scum?

Regfan wrote:Lyanna, I'll admit the fact the hydra-partner of Shinoris isn't 'new' does weaken the town-tell but while he may be nervous and weak as scum I don't think his solution to counter that would be bringing into it another player he has to have hydra-interactions with since they'd have to fake read disagreements ect.

That sounds like an unlikely thought pattern.

He's only rolled scum like..2-4 times max. I think it's been 3 times. Not sure. But all-in-all I feel that on the other site I play scum a bit better than him.

Frankly I play better on another site than I play here. And that partially has to deal with environment and what not. I'm quiet over here and pretty lurky because that's how I tend to be when I join a forum until I really get used to that forum/playing group there.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So five days or so to deadline and we still are getting vanity 1-off votes from people?

Read Snowstorm's ISO. Count actual scum-hunting posts or posts with opinions on who is scum. Vote.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”