Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Come-Into-My-Castle is a game played by multiple individuals, usually children. Tyrion Lannister notes that the game is designed to teach noble children about courtesy, heraldry, and the friends and enemies of their house. Usually only nobles play the game, as commoners do not have castles.

Day 1, Votecount 31

SnowStorm (9) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand, Feysal, Jal, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Pandora, BBmolla

Minimum (3) - Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark
Salamence20 (5) - Amrun, Minimum, bvoigt, Mastermind of Sin, Shadow1psc
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
Shinori (1) - Staeg
Shadow1psc (1) - StefanB
bvoigt (2) - Plum's Yo Mamma, greenknight
Jal (2) - SnowStorm, DCLXVI
Mockingjaye (1) - Dolorous Edd

Not Voting (3):
Mockingjaye, kortul, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • MJ may be V/la for a hurricane.

CHOOSE TO SMILE

Tyene Sand (1) - Feysal
Dolorous Edd (2) - hasdgfas, Jal
Feysal (7) - Salamence20, Bvoigt, greenknight, Shinori, Mastermind of Sin, DCLXVI, Dolorous Edd

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (2) - Regfan, StefanB
Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
Shadow1psc (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye
greenknight (6) - Plum's Yo Mamma, Minimum, Tyene Sand, Pandora, Plessiezarus, BBmolla

Not Choosing (4):
kortul, Amrun, SnowStorm, Benmage

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'. Once a choose has 15 votes it will be locked in but not end day.

Any mistakes, please point them out.

Prodding bvoigt
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 899, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Read Snowstorm's ISO. Count actual scum-hunting posts or posts with opinions on who is scum. Vote.

That doesn't actually mean he's scum though. It can pretty much mean he's overwhelmed, or is trying to figure things out and stuff.

And the fact that there is no better VOET wagon near the SS one is pretty depressing :/
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 901, Dolorous Edd wrote:That doesn't actually mean he's scum though. It can pretty much mean he's overwhelmed, or is trying to figure things out and stuff.

It can also mean he's scum. I'm not relying on your Westros meta at all. And no, he's not trying to figure things out. You accomplish that by asking questions / pointing out behavior that is suspect. All he's doing is basically prod-dodging and responding to votes with "I disagree".

Frankly given that today's mechanic is being used as second lynch and the first wagon I supported stalled out (Miniscum) I'm not going to worry myself over lynching a player who has a equal chance of being scum or just useless Town.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 902, MagnaofIllusion wrote:All he's doing is basically prod-dodging and responding to votes with "I disagree".

That's a pretty terrible way to put that, I like the level of effort SnowStorm is putting in and it seems genuine. You more accurately described Hascow than you've described Snowstorm here.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 902, MagnaofIllusion wrote:It can also mean he's scum. I'm not relying on your Westros meta at all. And no, he's not trying to figure things out. You accomplish that by asking questions / pointing out behavior that is suspect. All he's doing is basically prod-dodging and responding to votes with "I disagree".

How is his play much different, than say Bvoigt, or Mockingjaye, or Shadow, or even Starbuck or something? Just because they might put an effort here and there to look like they are contributing? And how is this different than SS? At least SS seems genuine. Your reasoning can be extended to a number of players in this game, and it's not great reasoning for catching scum in any game in the first place.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Feeling a bit under the weather, so don't expect me around. This is a full Zar post.

In post 881, DCLXVI wrote:
I like what you're doing here Reg. You went and placed high expectations on me. (Must have reads on everyone and know the context of the game,) and of course being that I had just replaced in there's no chance I would meet either of those so you get an easy way to call me scum. I'm sure their is a name for this logicall fallacy you are promoting but I can't think of it now.

In saying I had two few reads you conveniently missed the part where I said I would be giving more later. In fact I'm find adding Regfan to my scumlist. His attack on me is very terrible and quite frankly a bit opportunistic.

My biggest problem with DCL's is not his hyperbolic reaction
per se
, but the way that Regfan's comments on DCL were chainsawed to use against him. Feels manipulative.

@ the Stark-Girl:

We have a fairly strong read on both ScumStorm & MiniScum (I've been wanting to use that name for a bit xD), the former being in the OMG-SO-SCUM tier for both of us, while the latter I have a weaker confidence about (mostly because Mina's annoyance reads as legit to me, and I don't feel confident about hypo-MinaScum going about poking MoI as much; my opinion on CES' remains unchanged, though). Anyway, your comment "still can't get to town on SnowStorm" in , seems to imply there's something about him making you hesitant about considering him obvscum here. What is it?

~.Zar
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 904, Dolorous Edd wrote:How is his play much different, than say Bvoigt, or Mockingjaye, or Shadow, or even Starbuck or something? Just because they might put an effort here and there to look like they are contributing? And how is this different than SS? At least SS seems genuine. Your reasoning can be extended to a number of players in this game, and it's not great reasoning for catching scum in any game in the first place.

Well frankly this list you provide makes me wonder.

Bvoigt and Shadow1 - I have scum reads on them (and if you bothered to check would see I am Choosing Shadow) so you are agreeing with me here.

Mockingjaye's posts actually have content and present opinions on who might be scum. That couldn't be more different than Snowstorm's posting. Trying to link a low volume high content poster like Mockingjaye to Snowstorm is terrible, frankly.

Starbuck's play is also terrible but I see signs of Town-Starbuck in there. In other words my Starbuck meta says Town.

Being 'genuine' is a crappy platitude that means absolutely nothing.

I'll wait for you to link me to posts by Snowstorm that say "Town" to you since everything in this post is "Why aren't you suspecting others (incorrectly I might add) for the same thing", aka the "Look over there" defense.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 905, Plessiezarus wrote:My biggest problem with DCL's 881 is not his hyperbolic reaction per se, but the way that Regfan's comments on DCL were chainsawed to use against him. Feels manipulative.

I cut it apart to respond to specific points. Can you point out how I manipulated or misrepped or are you just going to generalize?
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Prodding StefanB
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Benmage »

*headdesk* omggggg can we just kill someone so you can all stop posting much....
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:42 am

Post by kortul »

Battery died during a flight sooner than i expected, so i still have 14 pages ahead. On a bright side, vacation is over, and i should be able to find time at work to finish this marathon. Still, we are 5 days from deadline, and 28 players means large momentum of wagons, so i will try to make a compromise with my pedanticism and decide on a vote today. At least i will give it a try - pick the players i strongly suspect as of page 23, and ISO them. If after the ISO i will still believe them to be scum, i'll vote/choose them. If not, so be it, will continue tomorrow, 30 hours without sleep is too much.

For now i don't like the play of SnowStorm, Shadow1psc, and to lesser extent Salamence20, BBmolla and Mastermind of Sin. So i will quickly ISO the first two to see if something changed on the last 14 pages. If anyone interested, right now my town reads are (S->W) Lyanna Stark, Regfan, Plessiezarus, MoI, Tyene Sand, Staeg, Plums Yo Mamma, Feysal, and hesitating on Minimum and Dolorus Edd. I know, that there are some cross suspicions among them, but that doesn't mean they can't be town together.

Btw, are hydras always so strange? I thought the heads work together, not separately. Here sometimes i am at loss about two-headed craziness, like liking one head and suspecting another.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 am

Post by greenknight »

Phone posting for a few days and my last attempt to post got eaten. Sigh

I don't think snows lack of scum reads for a while is scummy, rather it shows he has a higher threshold for calling a scum read on someone than most. Also think if he was scum he'd fake a scum read or two after being questioned to avoid heat. From non contribution point of view there are clearly worse plAyers. Bvoigt and sala Are better lynches today
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 909, Benmage wrote:*headdesk* omggggg can we just kill someone so you can all stop posting much....

In post 900, Eddard Stark wrote:Not Choosing (4): kortul, Amrun, SnowStorm,
Benmage

In post 900, Eddard Stark wrote:Not Voting (3): Mockingjaye, kortul,
Benmage

This is rather amusing.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

I don't know that I've seen town benmage exasperated at the amount of content in a game before.
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

If Bvoigt is scum for thinking Sala is scum because he doesn't realize Sala is VI status, I'm scum too.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 912, DCLXVI wrote:This is rather amusing.

Do you have the energy to place a real vote yet?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 913, Shadow1psc wrote:I don't know that I've seen town benmage exasperated at the amount of content in a game before.

Link exasperated scumBenmage please.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 916, Benmage wrote:
In post 913, Shadow1psc wrote:I don't know that I've seen town benmage exasperated at the amount of content in a game before.

I don't know that I've played as scum with you. Just seems like a bitch move. That goes for everyone wimping out at the amount of content
in a 28 player game
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Should be, played with you, where you are a member of a scum faction.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 917, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 916, Benmage wrote:

I don't know that I've played as scum with you. Just seems like a bitch move. That goes for everyone wimping out at the amount of content
in a 28 player game

So there's no point to your statement... got it.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

No, my point directly at you as that you haven't taken the "I'm awesome don't give a shit" town benmage stance yet, and
you in particular
balking at the size of the game doesn't sit well with me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 920, Shadow1psc wrote:No, my point directly at you as that you haven't taken the "I'm awesome don't give a shit" town benmage stance yet, and
you in particular
balking at the size of the game doesn't sit well with me.

But your data of
me in particular
is quite lacking. ...And I think my awesome towness has been made quite apparent. Didn't you yourself previously call me town? (anyways this convo is pointless)
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 am

Post by kortul »

After the ISO of
SnowStorm
i believe he is scum.

I don't like his entrance post - question is ok, but vote feels wrong to me, without even waiting for the answer (apparently it wasn't a rhytorical question). In the next post he repeated the question, but kinda forgot to follow it afterwards. Just some time later Benmage become his townread.

After that i see mostly passive stance, answering questions or commenting. Without some follow-up analysis that doesn't really help to advance the game.

When first time i read following remark, it caught my eye. It was made after the comment of Regfan, that Snow
"has a lot of experience over at westeroes where I'd argue players are better at keeping up with spam-post-days due to the 32 hour deadlines and no, entire reason behind why I think he's scum isn't all meta based."
In post 360, SnowStorm wrote:Btw, I think it's worth mentioning that in all my mafia experience at Westeros I've only been mafia once.
To me it sounds like "i don't have much experience of keeping the pace as scum, give me a break", because i just don't see what else he was addressing there. If someone has another vision of why was it made, i am listening.

I don't see him keeping a vote on his town read all that scummy, just silly. I suspected this to be some reaction test, and he said so in 560, but if that was a test, i didn't see any conclusions from Snow.

His latest posts finally show some halfhearted scumhunting, mostly on those who vote him. But with three scum reads (Jal, bvoigt and Shinori), he uses only his vote, even though he thinks that choosing should be used as a second lynch.

VOTE: SnowStorm

I am too tired to ISO my second strongest suspicion atm, and even if after the ISO i will believe he is also scum, using CHOOSE on him would be more sensible, therefore i will do the ISO tomorrow.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 922, kortul wrote:I am too tired to ISO my second strongest suspicion atm, and even if after the ISO i will believe he is also scum, using CHOOSE on him would be more sensible, therefore i will do the ISO tomorrow.

"I haven't read someone, but I bet you after I do, they'll be scum!"

Top notch stuff from the guy with 5 posts all of which talk about trying to catch up.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 923, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 922, kortul wrote:I am too tired to ISO my second strongest suspicion atm, and even if after the ISO i will believe he is also scum, using CHOOSE on him would be more sensible, therefore i will do the ISO tomorrow.

"I haven't read someone, but I bet you after I do, they'll be scum!"

Top notch stuff from the guy with 5 posts
all of which talk about trying to catch up.

The content from the rest of Kortul's last post was fine, nice misrep on him.

I'm going to second benmage's request for whatever meta thing you had on him.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”