Micro 18: Train Station in Winter Normal Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by PMysterious »

Now it makes sense to add a Godfather in this game. I'm starting to feel that DarklightA might be the one to go.

VOTE: DarkLightA
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by shos »

In post 206, gorckat wrote:
Vote Count:

McStab: (3)
evilpacman18, DarkLightA, shos
DarkLightA: (1)
McStab
ChannelDelibird: (1)
Malakittens

Not Voting: (2)
PMysterious, ChannelDelibird

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline: Monday, Sept 4 @ 5 PM EST
(expired on 2012-09-04 17:00:00)

I am on slightly limited access the next three days (budget meetings at work and back to school for my daughter). I will be checking the thread at least about this time each morning and in the evenings at least once after 7 pm.

In post 207, ChannelDelibird wrote:VOTE: DarkLightA

I think Mala's probably his goon.

In post 225, PMysterious wrote:Now it makes sense to add a Godfather in this game. I'm starting to feel that DarklightA might be the one to go.

unofficial VC:
DLA: stab, cdb, pm
stab: epm, shos, DLA

Mala, you need to make your choice. if you think there's a godfather, lynch DLA. else, lynch mcstab. I can really see no point in having this day go longer.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Godfather would be pretty useless with a track in the setup. Much more likely that there's a roleblocker in the setup.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Dunno if that's been mentioned, I haven't read the last page.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by shos »

good! more reason to vote stab.
epm, read the last page.
stab said that he thinks a rb is op in such a setup. why do you think that godfather is useless? the track is just oneshot.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count:

McStab: (3)
evilpacman18, DarkLightA, shos
DarkLightA: (3)
McStab, ChannelDelibird, PMysterious
Malakittens

Not Voting: (0)

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline: Monday, Sept 4 @ 5 PM EST
(expired on 2012-09-04 17:00:00)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Well the setup in the case of a godfather is such that scum could both be caught on Night 1 without having much say in the matter. An RB gives them a bit more balanced control over their own fates.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by McStab »

Godfather makes track justifiable. A Godfather can't be copped but can be tracked. Doc makes cop justifiable. Two shot makes cop realistic. Godfather balances for two shot cop.

Both scum can't be caught on Night One if they aren't utter morons. The Godfather obviously stays home until the goon is dead.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by McStab »

Mala, if there is a Godfather in this setup, it makes ABSOLUTE sense that he wouldn't do the killing Night One. GF + Goon means the Goon does all the killing while GF stays home.

7:2 mountainous wouldn't be balanced (scum get big advantage). Add a two-shot cop and it equals out. Add a Godfather and scum get an advantage again. Add a 1 shot doc to protect the cop, 1 shot track to get the GF, and you rebalance the setup.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

I'm not playing setup speculation anymore.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by McStab »

But you will blindly follow investigation results despite all other evidence pointing to the contrary
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm

Post by shos »

In post 235, McStab wrote:all other evidence

if you present me any evidence except setup specs of yours, I'll jump the hammer like a horny dog.

McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:30 pm

Post by McStab »

In post 57, DarkLightA wrote:Sorry for not posting earlier.

PLEASE SOMEONE:
Unvote from the wagon! We can't afford to lynch someone prematurely in a micro game. Sala's play has been scummy, but we have to have a longer day. If nothing else, we'll have something to look back on tomorrow.
A wagon moving that fast means that scum are probably a driving factor.

So far these are my notes:
- PMysterious, as McStab noted, is more than likely town. This is easy to see from his meta if anyone wants to take the time to do so.

In post 36, McStab wrote:I am seriously expecting to find scum amongst Sala or
PM
on Day One, if there is scum to be found.

PM isn't scum this game
, I'm like 95% sure. We really shouldn't push him because he falls apart. Let's leave it at that.

I will hold my hammer until A)Sala claims B)Everyone gets a post in. I seriously think Salamence is scum though, just from his behaviour.

McStab, you're going to have to explain this to me. Firstly, what's with the PM contradiction? And secondly,
I do not like your behavior so far in the game, especially your first post where you declared your intent to hammer, and the loose case on Sala that you seem to think is so significant. SERIOUSLY! You posted three comments to quotes and ask people what they think of your CASE...

From gut reaction I think shos looks scummy as well. The rest are null/town.

For now:
VOTE: McStab

Coming in White Knighting, also declaring that it's a scum wagon. He's never actually voted for anyone who was on the wagon throughout this game. Calls PM town "due to meta". I never determined my PM read from meta; I determined it from his first sentences. I fail to see how PM's meta can support this read. Can you specifically reference a game where he exhibited distinctly town behaviour similar to this, DarkLight?

Misconstrues an easy to understand statement (shos, your excuse is that your english isn't so good, am I correct? I don't see DarkLight's excuse flying).

Sala was exhibiting scummy behaviour, and yes, I intended to hammer. If RVS wagons didn't eventually lead up to a hammer, what's the point? If you want to actually attack any of my individual points against him, or somehow argue he was a paragon of town behaviour (evidence to the contrary exists in his self-hammer), then please, go ahead and point it out.

Gut read of scummy shos is bad. Doesn't seem to follow this read up with anything either. Distancing, as DarkLight also doesn't vote for shos.

So, to summarize:

1. White Knighting Sala (knowing all too well it's likely he'll be hammered anyway).
2. Buddying to PM and forming a townread on him for indiscernible reasons.
3. Calls shos gutscum for no apparent reason, despite guttown behaviour he was exhibiting at this stage in the game. Doesn't vote for him either; blatant distancing.
4. Calls wagon "scum motivated" without voting anyone on the wagon.
5. Attacks me for intent to hammer despite me having sound reasons to do so. Doesn't attack any specific reason I give.
6. Deliberately misconstrues statement I made.

In post 88, DarkLightA wrote:It's late; I'm tired, but for now I just have one thing to say:
That was ridiculous. Thanks for those who unvoted, but if you were town and helped that wagon, be ashamed of yourself.

^More whiteknighting. Obviously anyone on a wagon of someone who self-hammered themselves they play such a bad town game should be ashamed.

In post 93, DarkLightA wrote:I'm with EPM on this. McStab, it's looking bad for you.

^Blatant buddying/sheeping without contributing any more reasons.

In post 101, DarkLightA wrote:This must be the worst OMGUS I have seen in a while. How come you haven't suspected me and EPM before we voted for you?

^Process of Elimination, your arguments against me were terrible and weak (a townsperson wouldn't try to manufacture a case that wasn't there; scum would), and you'd only made one post. Keep in mind that I didn't vote you when you voted me Day One, so your OMGUS argument is weak as hell.

In post 107, DarkLightA wrote:Okay, that heated up quickly.

In post 104, Malakittens wrote:How come you didn't vote McStab prior to suspecting him, DL?

Ehh.. What?? Why would I vote someone prior to suspecting them? :lol:

In post 105, ChannelDelibird wrote:
Pretty much. Just illustrating my point.

Reread didn't tell me much apart from that McStab is town and DarkLight is scum.

Got all high-and-mighty on Day 1 when Sala was (RIGHTLY) racking up votes. Looks very much after the flip that he knew Sala was town and was setting himself up to say "I told you so, look how town I am for not falling for that wagon". His McStab vote is pretty terrible - it's not as if there had been any time to establish much suspicion on anyone else. Day 1 was Salamence's day alone, it's no surprise. He's just trying to ride the McWagon home on the back of that mislynch.

I'm sorry that I was annoyed at a person being lynched on page 4. Please forgive me.
Are you saying I'm *wagoning* on McStab? I actually was the *first* person to vote, if you'd care to read.

In post 106, ChannelDelibird wrote:Oh, hey, Mala came in while I was writing that. So it's Lynch-1. No unvote from me.

This is suspicious. Very suspicious, because of the anti-ninjaing system that's in place on the forum. Why would you read Mala's post, still post after all, and then add the additional post rather than amending your first one?

^You're mad someone got lynched being Page 4? That person lynched themselves, and they acted scummy. You're blatantly misconstruing it as though some person acting innocent and towny got quicklynched for no reason. There are plenty of reasons, and you've yet to counter any of them.

As for you being the first person to vote me, you were the first to vote me on Day One (for bad reasons, as I've already shown) and you blatantly sheeped EPM Day Two, so yes, you were wagoning.

CDB pointed out that he was putting the L-1 vote, and said he wasn't unvoting. Because presumably he wants you lynched. The fact he explained this and then you pass it off as your own conspiracy theory proves how you're grasping at straws.

In post 111, DarkLightA wrote:Interesting.

But are you people seriously saying that you supported a 4th page lynch?

^Yes, a townie willing to self-hammer himself may as well be Policy Lynched anyway. Not that I was voting him as a Policy; I was voting him because of the reasons I outlined. But yes, I was fine with a Page four lynch. Lynches on Page three have caught scum before, and I'm sure there's been page two lynches as well that have.

In post 154, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 153, Malakittens wrote:I still don't see how Bird is town... -.-

Bird isn't in this game.

Also, seeing that PM was a town PR was incredibly easy, mostly due to his crystal clear meta. I can explain it post-game, or you can see for yourselves.

^Obviously not easy enough for scum to see, or he'd be dead, wouldn't he? The fact that I realized this Day One and tried to avoid pressure on him to prevent claiming PROVES that I can't be scum. Your meta townread is ridiculous. Mind showing us where exactly his play fit his town meta? Also you never said or even alluded to him being a PR Day One. You blatantly buddied him.

In post 159, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 135, shos wrote:about daytalk:
MOD: can you tell us if mafia have daytalk?

This really rubs me the wrong way.

^More distancing without voting.

In post 166, DarkLightA wrote:McStab and Channel have been passively buddying quite a bit in the game.

^I think he's super town. He evidently thinks the same, which is why I'm not hammered yet. If you think I'm "passively" buddying him, then you have a very broad definition of passive and a very broad definition of buddying. I have voiced concern at the prospect of his lynch, and I have voiced it aggressively, not passively. This is protecting (because I think he's town) and aggressive.

In post 178, DarkLightA wrote:Shos, I don't see a slip in PM's words. I don't understand why you see a slip. PM is the most obvious townie in the game. I knew he was a townie PR from the third post, as previously mentioned (well, partly mentioned anyway). PM is *not* to be a suspect as of now.

I'm thinking about this:

It seems to me like there is no 3rd party in this game. We've only had one NK, and the game seems too small for it.
So we're left with only scum.
It's a 9-player game, and we've got some power roles. I have no experience in game balancing though. Is it more likely that there are 2 or 3 scum?
If there are 3 scum, we are currently at LYLO.
In that case, PM and EPM are conf town, since they didn't hammer me when I was at L-1, despite posting.

^^Further evidence that you yourself knew you didn't know if he was a PR day one, when you use the word "partly".

Thanks for stating the obvious with the "no third party". Nice try trying to push a fake LyLo situation and clearing EPM while you're at it. If there was three scum, and you legitimately believed that, then any vote on ANYONE (and there have been votes on shos, myself, you, and EPM) should've led to a quicklynch. You cannot think that if you possess any logic whatsoever, regardless of your lack of experience with setup speculation.

In post 215, DarkLightA wrote:This is getting ridiculous. I don't care whether CDB or McStab are lynched; they're both scum.

I have to go now, but I'll be back with more soon.

^Can be translated directly into: "I'm getting nervous, just hammer McStab before I get hammered, oh btw I will post real content sometime".

Now, are you going to lay out your hammer shos, and buy yourself some last minute towncred, or will you forever hold your peace with your scum partner?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Post by shos »

fuck this shot VOTE: DarkLightA and this is the hammer.

I'm still not comfortable with this lynch. you better be right on this; if you're not it's me vs you tomorrow probably, for my zigzag and your well, I frekin made a gameplan consisting of lynching you, so meh. this game is fuckincredible.

PM, protect the cop.
Cop, eh..do your thing =\ I'm not even sure if you should be aiming to find another conftown or to find scum. think about this well. of course if we have a GF flip that's an easy thought ;)

well nothing else to say, I'm going to work.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by shos »

we didn't even ask for a claim now that I look at it.
*sigh* flip gf ><

McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:06 am

Post by McStab »

I wasn't expecting that, but I like it. I'm personally hoping he flips goon, which I think is a high enough possibility:

A) When DarkLight first got to L-1, EPM didn't come out with the innocent result for awhile. This could imply EPM is scum who came up with the idea to save his partner.
B) Two shot Cop may fit well with PM, but it's also a convenient scum claim at this point in the game. An innocent on his scum partner and a guilty tomorrow on a townsperson, and we lose the game.

Also, the cop should investigate one of myself or shos tonight, if DarkLight flips town, in my opinion. Although it'll only confirm me as town, I understand that's not evident to everyone else, and as shos says, we are the prime lynching targets tomorrow should DL flip town. If DL flips scum, I think it's safe to consider myself, CDB and PM as conf. town, so really Mala or Shos would be fine selections.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:07 am

Post by McStab »

In post 239, shos wrote:we didn't even ask for a claim now that I look at it.
*sigh* flip gf ><

If DarkLight flips anything but scum or townie, we have a fakeclaim amongst PM (highly unlikely) or EPM. Three town PRs would be highly unbalanced against most scumteams in a Micro.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count:

DarkLightA: (4)
McStab, ChannelDelibird, PMysterious, shos
McStab: (2)
evilpacman18, DarkLightA
Malakittens

Not Voting: (0)

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Another day of grumpy accusations in the confines of the women’s lavatory ends in another hanging death. The furious cranking of a windup emergency radio found in the supply closet allowed the briefest of news to be heard of the outside world...60mm of snow! Grocery stores have exhausted all dairy and bread products and martial law has been declared by the mayor! (The radio commenters mentioned how composed Stephanie looked...typical.)

The Star Spangled Banner sounds to be looping over the PA throughout the train station. Muffled chants heard through the vents started the day strong, but have become whimpers. “French toast for the people!” they started. Now the voices from the platform wail, “Toast”.

DarkLightA,
Townie
, has been lynched.

Night 2 deadline: Thursday, August 30 @ 5 PM EST
(expired on 2012-08-30 17:00:00)
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 am

Post by gorckat »

About 5 am, the heat stopped working. The lights dimmed soon after. Gunfire echoed in the lobby and screams echoed from the platform below.

Fortunately, the makeshift barricade was holding the chaos out of the survivors hiding place.

At first, none of the survivors were noticed to be dead. But one of them didn’t come out of their stall. Because they weren’t in the stall.

They had been shot in the storage closet and their blood was all over everything. Have fun cleaning the...cleaning supplies.

McStab,
Townie
, has been killed Night 2.

Vote Count:

Not Voting: (5)
ChannelDelibird, PMysterious, shos, evilpacman18, Malakittens

5 alive, 3 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline: Monday, September 10 @ 5 PM EST (rounded up from the 8th to fall on a Monday)
(expired on 2012-09-10 17:00:00)
Last edited by gorckat on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am

Post by PMysterious »

I freaking knew it. I clearly knew it.

@Cop: Any reports?
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:24 am

Post by Malakittens »

Waiting on EPM, but it's odd how neither EPM or PM got killed.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Malakittens »

Oh and Shos HIGH FOS for Day 2 play.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 am

Post by PMysterious »

On top of that, we now know its Lylo. We can't afford to make anymore mistakes. We also know that there is probably no Godfather in this game as well. If there is, we are screwed.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Malakittens »

Interesting possibility of a PM/EPM scum team, but hmhm.
I didn't like Shos asking for PM's meta. I didn't like Shos hammering DLA after two people said he was innocent and especially when he kept saying lynch McStab, lynch McStab.
I still don't think CDB is town, but whatever.

If EPM, PM are infact town then the scum team is shos/CDB
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

Post by Malakittens »

Actually pretty certain gut feel tells me it's Shos/CBD

Vote: Shos

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”