Micro 18: Train Station in Winter Normal Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by shos »

epm's 289 is good, but it raised in me the thought that epm-mala ia also a possibility =\

that should answer 293 too. it can also be epm/cdb tho. *sigh* if I didn't notice this it would be just a supereasy vote on mala :(

294 and 295 are bullshit. THIS IS NOT CONTRIBUTING DAMMIT.

@296: O RLY? you know your alignment and claim townie?!?! wow! what an unexpected twist in the plot! my OMGUS on post 6 was so awesome man -_-
I'm continuing to push beacuse we've literally proved that there is no scum roleblocker, and this means that there is a godfather, and this means that you being copped town actually raises more eyebrows than it lowers.
setup/role specs are scummy? since when? EPM and MCSTABBY did that too, that's A, but you know what, make that B because A is THAT IS ANALYSIS THAT CAN PROVE FAULTY SCUM FAKECLAIMS. if you really don't get it OMGUS.

" Why don't you freaking think I didn't want to answer and you kept freaking pushing. " what does this mean? O_o

I'm not getting your next line's logic. he hammers himself, but...something completely different happened...so I'm still scum for being on Sala wagon? and then I looked fake? what? have you even read D2?

and you think that NK analysis > setup specs in scumhunting. riiiight. N's entire ISO is 7 posts in which he only votes Sala. he mentioned cdb ONCE. you know how I would analyze this? 'a kill to confuse town, because why would scum do that'. I do it as scum myself if there's no lead on who to lynch. if I were scum I'd shoot PM N1; not because he is a PR, but because he is unpredictable, and according to Umbrage's scum guide, this means he is the most dangerous. so that's my NK analysis for you. about mcstab...well it was pretty obvious that it's me or mcstab getting lynched today, at least that's what it looked like before the NK, so I'd assume it's setting me up for a lynch. EPM also had a solid town read on me and it looked like he was going to cop one of us; so perhaps it's an attempt to NK the cop-target or something. that's still wierd because killing PM would do the same effect, so I think it's the first guess that works - trying to frame me. This works with you being godfather, if you didn't get it, btw.

what? did he selfhammer?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count:

ChannelDelibird: (3)
Malakittens, evilpacman18, ChannelDelibird

Not Voting: (2)
PMysterious, shos,

5 alive, 3 to lynch.

Clearly the gunfire, screaming french toast rioters, loos of heat and impending loss of light rattled the survivors. All of them wanted out of the ladies' room but only one faction was walking out alive.

ChannelDelibird,
Mafia 1-Shot Framer
, has been lynched.

Night3 deadline: Friday, August 31 @ 5 PM EST
(expired on 2012-08-31 17:00:00)

**I will reopen the game early by unanimous vote via PM of all living players**
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:10 am

Post by gorckat »

It is cold. The bodies have started to rot. The fluorescent lights flicker weakly. The world outside the women’s room is quiet.

Desperation is tangible in the air as the last survivors seek each other out. Sleep has become exhausting.

One of their own is dead not by a bullet, but by the gun itself...pistol whipped in the cold, fading light.

60mm? 75mm? More? How much snow has wrought this mayhem, where rioters sack a train heading to a French Toast convention and are put down by the National Guard...that’s what happened, isn’t it?

The evil in this lavatory cannot be allowed to escape, and so it won’t...

evilpacman18,
2-shot Sane Cop
, was killed Night 3.

3 alive, 2 to lynch.

Deadline and vote count to updated when I get home in a bit.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by shos »

I've already explained why PM can't be scum - cop (now confirmed) wouldn't survive N2 if PM was scum. so that means

VOTE: Mala.

PM, you can lay the hammer for a GG and town win.

I'll lay down a full case for you just to be as sure as I am.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by shos »

my setup specs after the Framer flip, it makes me even more sure:

A godfather is a passive ability that prevents cop from finding out about mafia.
A framer is an ACTIVE ability that is much much harder to implement, but if it is done correctly, it makes town lynch a townie, and the damage is much worse.

so it's like in numbers, where godfather has value of 0.5 with say 0.75 chance, and framer has a value of 1 but with 0.25 chance, so they're around equal. My point is that a 1-shot framer is VERY weak. You have onl one shot to hit the same person that the cop is hitting. I bet that it was used in N2 to frame mcstab or me.
Against a 1-doc and 1-track(PM) together with a 2-shot cop, this is waaay overpowered town, which suggests another scum PR. since there is no roleblocker, and this is a micro normal so rolecop will be useless, it has to be a choose-one-night godfather together with the framer. This way the mafia's power together adds up to equal one full godfather, which makes purrrrfect sense.

1-shot mafia framer (CDB)
1-night mafia godfather (MALA)
1-track-1-doc town JOAT (PM)
2-shot town cop (EPM)
5 Vanilla townies (Sala, N, DLA, McStab, shos)

is a balanced logical micro setup.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by shos »

How comes EPM died and not PM? PM was conftown for the reasons I've already mentioned. but EPM was as sure as me that Mala is the final scum, and n a 3p lylo of {shos, EPM, Mala} mala would be lynched as quick as you can say your name. more reason to believe Mala=scum godfather.
CDB quickhammered himself immidiately after me and EPM settled that we both think mala&cdb are scum. probably did that to cut our discussion so that you can kill EPM and get into a 1v1 against me with the hope that PM, who you all seem to think is stupid, will vote me. Well first he's not that stupid and second *I* am not that stupid and I'm good in scumhunting so you guys are going down.

even THE COP HIMSELF was willing to lynch Mala.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by PMysterious »

All right, all right. Keep your pants on.

Intent to hammer in a few hours.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by shos »

Let's go over his game and see more.
~~~
Oh that's an easy start: Mala was on the Salamence wagon too! remember how he accused me of being scum for being there? oh the hypocrity. Funny how you said that by PoE it has to be me and forgot to mention that there's only one conftown on the wagon, being N. (not counting Sala of course).
and OH MY GOD look at this. Mala wrote
"Distancing yourself much from that Sala lynch aren't we there DL?

You can say what you want, but it didn't help matters much that Sala self-voted or didn't try harder to fight off his wagon."

So he's even admitting that the Sala wagon doesn't help, and despite that he came to attack me for being there? funny scumslips.

going over Mala's ISO, not even once he cooperated with CDB. he distanced himself like hell. Let's open the mala-epm scumgame and see. Links:

game is http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=275
QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/yVeTM87YFhuG

*reads*

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by shos »

This is game over, you can just hammer at will -_- it's not like my main point on him is something he can defend against.. All the stuff I'm providing right now is additional in case you're not sure..

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by shos »

oh man this is perfect,
PM, IF YOU'RE SURE, HAMMER. IF YOU'RE NOT SURE, READ THEIR QUICKTOPIC
. it literally is gold, and it's short:

Mala wrote:
"I'll most likely buss you if I get closed to being lynched."
and
"I will not at all defend you at all because that will give out hints. I'll probably stay away, but give a slight scum read if you do something scummy and if it continues I'll probably vote you."
This is wonderfullllll.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by PMysterious »

True. Sorry Mala.

@shos: If you're Mafia, I am seriously gonna go cry in a corner after the game and I will fully apologize to the whole town for screwing us over.

VOTE: Malakittens
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by shos »

found another Gem. Remember when Mala accused mcstab/cdb scumteam with the fact that they both blacklisted Sala for his selfhammer?
well in look what Mala says about Sala's "can I self hammer"
"Said that to make you unvote? Sala I'll be amazed if you don't get mod kicked for that if you did it. Against your WC."
So...it's modkickable offense, and against WC, but it's not right to blacklist him after he does that.? MOAR contradictions lol.

Mala, next time, you should know that if you are scum you have to be consistent, lol. I understand that this is the second scumgame you're playing with the first being the one above, but this is basics, come on..

oh and look at this in :
"Not really. Just because they didn't visit someone one night doesn't exactly mean they didn't make the kill THAT night."
oh so if it doesn't mean that they didn't make the kill in another night, how comes that when you accused me of hammering DLA, you said that I hammered him after TWO people confirmed him town?? when actually it was really 0 people, not even one..

bonus: amazing misrep on .

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by shos »

AWWWWW YEAHHHHHH

*sigh*

don't cry lol, I planned this whole thing ahead XD all I had to do was copy-paste now.
le quicktopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/FUCPFAwpTr

gg guys. this game was enormously exciting for me to play. I enjoyed each and every one in the game, even Sala.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by shos »

for the record, this is my next post, supposedly:

oh and look how he distanced himsefl through the whole game from CDB, and coming yesterday, he says oh yeah it is cdb/shos scumteam and votes ME instead of CDB. Then, when EPM says he thinks I am town, you automatically buss CDB, and EPM suddenly gets himself killed.

dude you're totally nailed here. may as well selfvote too lol XD three of those in one game..that's gotta be the wierdest thing ever..

and then there's the thing that is most eyecatching. in post 258 . Godfather role has been practically the main topic of the game since . You've just been skimming the thread I guess, since the wagons were Mcstab and DLA, who are both town, so you had no reason to participate in the discussion, just wait and let the townies kill themselves, while you sit on the fence.

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count:

Malakittens: (2)
shos, PMysterious

Not Voting: (1)
Malakittens

3 alive, 2 to lynch.

shos immediately prepared a necktie to be the last Malakittens would ever wear...

The gnawing hunger and in PMysterious' belly was unbearable...the limited food, granola bars, candies and chewing gum had run out. PMyst wanted to go home...he didn't believe the snow had shut everything down the way it sounded. shos was so sure and confident that PMyst knew he was right.

PMyst helped shos strangle Mala.

Together they cleared the barricade and stumbled into the cold morning in Penn Station's lobby. Windows were shattered, benches overturned and bodies slumped here and there. shos knew PMyst was a liability...someone else might convince him that shos was the bad guy.

shos shot PMyst in the back of the head before making his way out into the ankle deep snow that had pushed Baltimore into the stone age.

Malakittens,
Townie
, was lynched Day 4
PMysterious,
JOAT
, was endgamed
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by gorckat »

Here is the dead talk: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/dFf4zDi32nj

I kept all my game stuff (rules, roles, flavor and actions) here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o9C ... dr6Ko/edit

Feel free to browse. There was a slight edit or three to wording of role PMs to clean them up- I think the cop and the mafia had very minor changes.
Last edited by gorckat on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by shos »

*sigh* I was so stressed about this game. lots of credit has to go to CDB.

PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by PMysterious »

YOU FREAKING JERK! I KNEW IT WAS YOU ALL FREAKING ALONG!
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by PMysterious »

"sigh" Now I might as well PM all of the Town players.
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Oh. Wow. I thought we were completely boned. Nice one, shos!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:52 pm

To complete a thought I started on the Dead Thread but wanted to wait until the end of the game to finish: I like the setup's intention and philosophy very much but the potential for the entire scumteam to be caught in one night by investigative roles makes me a little uncomfortable.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing in this game, though! Thanks gorckat for modding - I enjoyed the flavour throughout!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 pm

In post 317, PMysterious wrote:YOU FREAKING JERK! I KNEW IT WAS YOU ALL FREAKING ALONG!

And this is why we take our time in 3p LyLo.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Also, shos posted the Mafia QT link one letter short: here it is.

Our entire gameplan rested on Pacman explicitly not investigating Mala the night before my lynch. Thought that and my Framer flip had destroyed us.
#greenshirtthursdays
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by PMysterious »

I trusted Shos because I had a thought that my thoughts we're wrong. But I had no thought in speed-lynching a Townie. I was mainly hoping that was Scum instead. :(
Show

Modded Games

Currently Modding Games
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by gorckat »

I'd love feedback on balance. pacman's and Battousai's reactions to my "Sane Day Cop" claim in a recent game were the original inspiration for the setup. It morphed a lot, but that game spawned this one.

Goon
1x Framer
2X Cop
JOAT (1x Doc, 1x Track)
5x Townie

In hindsight, I would probably swap the Track for something less powered. I think PMyst made a mistake firing night one. Even though a power might have gone to waste, the odds are better it'll be useful used late.

I think setup spec killed the town. This setup was, to an extent, meant to punish it. Take what you are given (cops and tracks) and run with it. The Framer is needed for balance, and he might have needed to be a mafia JOAT- something like 1x Frame and 1x Rolecop or something.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”