Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:07 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 24, Prof. Guppy wrote:
In post 6, Benmage wrote:
And if you were scum what would you have claimed?

I'm not going to answer that because it feels like you are trying to bait me.

If I did, for instance, say "As scum, I would claim to be Power Role X."...

As scum you would claim a PR for no reason? Thats fucking retarded. Don't be obtuse. The point is you saying your town doesn't mean you couldn't or wouldn't do the exact samething as scum.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

What, exactly, are you trying to say, Benmage? Do you think I'm scum for claiming VT, or don't you?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Benmage »

I think you're incredibly foolish for claiming VT because people will rage later if you claim something else later. Moreover if its true (yeswifom) you've lowered the NK pool for scum to shoot at.

-And the jurys out on your alignment... welcome to the game barely starting.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:33 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

You make a good point, Ben. Sadly it's too late for me to do anything about it now.

Where the hell is everybody else?
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:59 am

Post by McStab »

Sorry but
Mod, I will be VLA for up to one week, I should still be able to maintain some limited access.
Sable Tip
Sable Tip
Townie
Sable Tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 am

Post by Sable Tip »

Reading through the game so far:

Firstly,
FOS
on both Robbnva and Fourseen Circumstance for the ridiculously-rapid wagon on Benmage.

Robbnva, could you explain what happened in your last 9p that made you want to run someone up as quickly as possible?

Prof Guppy definitely seems off to me – second post is way too early for a claim, especially one like VT. Benmage has already covered most of this, but it’s worth mentioning that Guppy seems almost antagonistic to me in how he’s talking about his claim.

Benmage: I don’t like this bit:

In post 25, Benmage wrote:

As scum you would claim a PR for no reason? Thats fucking retarded. Don't be obtuse. The point is you saying your town doesn't mean you couldn't or wouldn't do the exact samething as scum.

Prof Guppy did not say he would claim a PR without reason if he were scum, yet your post seems to be written as if he did say that.

I also don’t like the phrasing of this post:

In post 9, McStab wrote:You went first, and he's way too serious, so someone's definitely going to vote him. I just wanted to make sure no one got off the hook for not conforming.

Ugh. It feels like everyone’s jumping straight onto my scumdar.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 30, Sable Tip wrote:Reading through the game so far:

Firstly,
FOS
on both Robbnva and Fourseen Circumstance for the ridiculously-rapid wagon on Benmage.

Robbnva, could you explain what happened in your last 9p that made you want to run someone up as quickly as possible?

Prof Guppy definitely seems off to me – second post is way too early for a claim, especially one like VT. Benmage has already covered most of this, but it’s worth mentioning that Guppy seems almost antagonistic to me in how he’s talking about his claim.

Prof Guppy did not say he would claim a PR without reason if he were scum, yet your post seems to be written as if he did say that.

I also don’t like the phrasing of this post:

In post 9, McStab wrote:You went first, and he's way too serious, so someone's definitely going to vote him. I just wanted to make sure no one got off the hook for not conforming.

Ugh. It feels like everyone’s jumping straight onto my scumdar.

@ sable

Sure thing, my last 9P which was fairly recent, we got a player to l-1 by page 2, based off that we caught scum and lynched him day 1. After that we were able to win the game on day 3 by process of elimination and probably some bad NKs

I'm a fan of quick lynching, mostly because it puts scum in an awkward position.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

Didn't meant to quote that post. smh.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 30, Sable Tip wrote:

Guppy opened this game and for zero reason claim VT... no votes on him, no pressure... did it to spurr discussion. (I'm assuming here he is indeed a VT).\
-Then in my hypo scenario of him scum, he gave an example of him claiming a PR as scum. Which is completely absured. AS NOONE, let alone scum would open a thread claiming a PR just to "spurr discussion".

Get it?
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

See, this is exactly why I didn't want to answer the question in the first place! Benmage took what I said out of context, and now he's using it as pretext to paint me scummy. You can't go around asking loaded questions like that, dude.

Sable Tip
Sable Tip
Townie
Sable Tip
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 am

Post by Sable Tip »

Vote: Prof Guppy

You seem a little too on-edge here for my liking.

It looks to me like Benmage was trying to point out how an unprompted VT claim really doesn't say anything about your actual role (as there's no reason you couldn't do that as scum) but makes it easier for scum to rolehunt and generally leads to confusion and frustration.

Robbnva: If I've read your last post right, you're a fan of quicklynching because in the past, you've gotten lucky with it? Or do you mean that you ran one person up to L-1 really quickly and as a result, someone else melted down and revealed themselves?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Next time you come in here, you come heavy..or not at all.

Second Votecount of Day 1

1. Camilla (0):
2. McStab (0):
3. Prof. Guppy (1): Sable Tip
4. Sable Tip (0):
5. royalpaladin540 (0):
6. Benmage (3): Dunhamganger, Robbnva, FourseenCircumstance
7. FourseenCircumstance (1): McStab
8. Robbnva (0):
9. Dunhamganger (0):

Players not voting: Camilla, Prof. Guppy, royalpaladin540, Benmage
Players on V/LA: McStab (9/9)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The current wagon leader is
Benmage
at L-2.
Deadline: September 21st @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 35, Sable Tip wrote:
Vote: Prof Guppy

You seem a little too on-edge here for my liking.

It looks to me like Benmage was trying to point out how an unprompted VT claim really doesn't say anything about your actual role (as there's no reason you couldn't do that as scum) but makes it easier for scum to rolehunt and generally leads to confusion and frustration.

BINGO BANGO. This. I called Guppys move altogether alignment telling null... but also if town, a poor decision.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:21 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Robbnva wrote:Hey guys, heads up, I'm v/la until the 10th.

@ mod - a pm this game was open would have been nice

vote: benmage

After my most recent 9P game, we need to get someone to L-1 ASAP. Trust me.

fos: Dunhamganger

Scum.

FourseenCircumstance wrote:
vote benmage
for posting and voting when he is in V/LA eventhough he never said he was going away in game.

fos robbnva
for that terrible Reasoning of his FOS and Vote.

Double scum.

McStab wrote:
Unvote

For the worst wagon ever.

Vote: Fourseen Circumstance

For the worst reasons to vote ever.

Town.

ProfGuppy wrote:What, exactly, are you trying to say, Benmage? Do you think I'm scum for claiming VT, or don't you?

Noobtown.

ProfGuppy wrote:You make a good point, Ben. Sadly it's too late for me to do anything about it now.

Where the hell is everybody else?

Oops, back to noobscum.

Benmage wrote:I think you're incredibly foolish for claiming VT because people will rage later if you claim something else later. Moreover if its true (yeswifom) you've lowered the NK pool for scum to shoot at.

-And the jurys out on your alignment... welcome to the game barely starting.

Unvote

ProfGuppy wrote:See, this is exactly why I didn't want to answer the question in the first place! Benmage took what I said out of context, and now he's using it as pretext to paint me scummy. You can't go around asking loaded questions like that, dude.

Jumpy noobscum.

Happy to see either ProfGuppy or FourseenConsequences hang.

Vote: FourseenConsequences
. I think a wagon on him yields us the most information right now.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:48 am

Post by Benmage »

Ehh why cant Guppy be noobtown?

Unvote vote FourseenCircum

Now I remember FC... he'lll lurk, lurk, and lurk somemore. And his logic will be :eek: :eek: .... Anyways we will not find a better lynch D1, so its a go!

CHOO CHOO
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

He's appealing to emotion, he's buddying with you, and he's trying to pass the buck by pretending to be really concerned about the lurkers.

Fourseen is still better.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In post 40, Dunhamganger wrote:He's appealing to emotion, he's buddying with you, and he's trying to pass the buck by pretending to be really concerned about the lurkers.

My "lurker concern" is genuine. This is a game of information based on information based on information, and we need as much information as we can muster. That means everyone needs to contribute.
Mod: Can you please prod the players who have yet to post?

I'm not going to argue the other points you made, because those are valid.

I'm not ready to jump on your wagon yet. I want Fourseen to make another post first.

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 40, Dunhamganger wrote:He's appealing to emotion, he's buddying with you, and he's trying to pass the buck by pretending to be really concerned about the lurkers.

Take your buzzwords and shove them.

AtE isn't a scumtell and it isn't scummy. I hate morons who toss those around like they mean something.

Why did you just essentially ignore Prof. Guppy's VT claim to begin with? Telling him "don't do that" isn't something I'd expect a scum hunting townie to say. That's why I fos'd you and I see you are still playing the "ooh look at me I'm going to toss baseless accusations around to seem pro town".

Why did you call me scum, FC scum, flop on prof guppy but when you list 2 names you wanted dead, my name wasn't mentioned?

Why did you call me scum? Cause i wanted benmage run up or cause i fos'd you?

Lol go learn to play

I want to vote you but prof. Guppy did sonething much worse.

Prof guppy, when you fos'd benmage, you said you didn't want to vote cause you didn't want scum to hammer this looks like you knew he was town. The claiming VT like that to pass off the n00b town isnt working for me either.

Gonna say you and your distancing buddy are scum together, worse case you are a VI who will do nothing but ruin the game as you lack basic fundamentals.

vote: prof. Guppy

I fully expect backlash, bring it on.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by McStab »

Durham and Ben are town. Sable not sure. Guppy unsure. Gonna go ahead and call out a Fourseen and Robb scumteam, especially with the hypocritical, fake distancing FoS on Robb from Fourseen. Plus Robb has ignored the whole issue with Fourseen.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In post 42, Robbnva wrote:
Prof guppy, when you fos'd benmage, you said you didn't want to vote cause you didn't want scum to hammer this looks like you knew he was town. The claiming VT like that to pass off the n00b town isnt working for me either.

Gonna say you and your distancing buddy are scum together, worse case you are a VI who will do nothing but ruin the game as you lack basic fundamentals.

Robb, there is a 7/9 chance that Benmage is town. I was trying to be cautious. This is just the way I play the game. I could just as easily say that you are scummy for wanting a quick lynch without any scum hunting at all.

Some players, like you, want to lynch first and find scum later.
Some players, like me, would rather find scum first and then lynch the scum.
Neither playstyle is any more or less scummy or town.

And what are those "basic fundamentals" you claim I lack?

Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:18 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 43, McStab wrote:Durham and Ben are town. Sable not sure. Guppy unsure. Gonna go ahead and call out a Fourseen and Robb scumteam, especially with the hypocritical, fake distancing FoS on Robb from Fourseen. Plus Robb has ignored the whole issue with Fourseen.

Durham is scum, guaranteed. Im not scum, guaranteed.

What issue have I ignored? I have ignored no issues.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:26 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 44, Prof. Guppy wrote:
In post 42, Robbnva wrote:

Robb, there is a 7/9 chance that Benmage is town. I was trying to be cautious. This is just the way I play the game. I could just as easily say that you are scummy for wanting a quick lynch without any scum hunting at all.

Some players, like you, want to lynch first and find scum later.
Some players, like me, would rather find scum first and then lynch the scum.
Neither playstyle is any more or less scummy or town.

And what are those "basic fundamentals" you claim I lack?

You realize if scum had hammered, we would have found 1 right away right? Day 2 we would have lynched the hammer leaving us to find 1 more scum. And yes 7/9 he is town, but you fos'd him which means there is a chance you think he is scum. Saying "I think there is a chance you are scum but dont want scum to hammer you" doesnt add up.

The fundamentals you lack are the basic ones to play this game. You just claim Vt on page 1, that right there proves you have no clue what you are doing. You are worried about people not posting, yet it's the weekend and a holiday weekend at that. Let the mod prod people.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Robbnva wrote:Lol go learn to play

Aw, poor baby :(.

Robbnva wrote:I fully expect backlash, bring it on.

Yawn.

Robbnva wrote:I want to vote you but prof. Guppy did sonething much worse.

Scum.

ProfGuppy wrote:I'm not ready to jump on your wagon yet. I want Fourseen to make another post first.

This kind of elaborate caution gets us nowhere. As a claimed vanilla townie, and a newer player at that, you have precious little going for you. Your vote is the one thing. Use it.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In post 47, Dunhamganger wrote:

ProfGuppy wrote:I'm not ready to jump on your wagon yet. I want Fourseen to make another post first.

This kind of elaborate caution gets us nowhere. As a claimed vanilla townie, and a newer player at that, you have precious little going for you. Your vote is the one thing. Use it.

Hello, pot? This is kettle. You're black too.

You seem to really want me to put Fourseen at L-1 over one bonehead post. Why? It seems to me like you know he's town and want him dead before he can answer for his action. When and if I vote for someone, it's because I think they are mafia.

VOTE: Dunhamganger

Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Attaboy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”