The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Kinetic »

Last game of Group C.
MC versus MKP.
My feelings are very conflicted right now as I want them both to win. :(
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:
In post 1748, redFF wrote:
In post 1747, Kinetic wrote:And before you say it, yes I know the players in Kespa are not to be blamed for the company itself being a dick, but all the same, my feelings aren't swayed by that argument right now.

It's not an argument though it's literally the truth.

also how about destiny's dick.

Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it. They don't want to rock their boat, and sure, I understand that. But that doesn't make them completely blameless here.

And can we not talk about some guys dick? Seriously, take it to F62, this is a starcraft thread, not a dick thread.

i guess you never saw the tweets then.... ಠ_ಠ
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:
In post 1748, redFF wrote:
In post 1747, Kinetic wrote:And before you say it, yes I know the players in Kespa are not to be blamed for the company itself being a dick, but all the same, my feelings aren't swayed by that argument right now.

It's not an argument though it's literally the truth.

also how about destiny's dick.

Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it. They don't want to rock their boat, and sure, I understand that. But that doesn't make them completely blameless here.

And can we not talk about some guys dick? Seriously, take it to F62, this is a starcraft thread, not a dick thread.

Erm... several KeSPA players did speak out saying they wanted to play in GSL and didn't understand KeSPA's actions.

Also, all I'm going to say on the Destiny subject is... this is like the third or fourth big "incident" he's been involved in, and how many teams have ditched him now? Surely he's got to work out that his behaviour is destroying what little chance he has of being a figure in the NA/EU scene eventually... right?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:16 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Erm... several KeSPA players did speak out saying they wanted to play in GSL and didn't understand KeSPA's actions.

Didn't Bisu or Stork write a whole article on TL?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:55 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it. They don't want to rock their boat, and sure, I understand that. But that doesn't make them completely blameless here.

In BW proteam houses were like sweatshops.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 am

Post by Kinetic »

Well, I must have missed those articles then.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1749, Kinetic wrote:Meh, at the same time you don't hear the Kespa players speaking out against it.

Have you actually seen KeSPA's track record? Not even their whole issues with Gretech and MBC/OGN before that. I'm talking the shit they do that just doesn't make sense to players. They had such an impact on several games that they even made TeamLiquid's power rank once. Their idea of "free agency" almost led to Jaedong retiring based on issues that arose with how it was run.

They are extremely controlling, and generally stepping out of line with their opinion is suicide.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Kinetic »

All my hate to Kespa, truthfully. I don't disagree there.

But I feel like if the Kespa players come and take over and become the best it will just lead to another Kespa controlled game where only Korea is allowed to spectate like SC1. As I see it, even though the Kespa players are nearly blameless in this whole thing, if they start and keep winning that possibility becomes more and more likely. So for the time being, I'm cheering for the non-Kespa players.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by AGar »

Actually, we're all pretty sure KeSPA is going to wait until they can leverage the shit out of GOM (aka, the KeSPA players start dominating all around - within six to ten months would be my guess) and then just kill GOM.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hence, why I want Kespa to die in a fire.

With that being said, there is a new player in the game this time, Blizzard has a much bigger hand in the pot than in SC1. There are rumors that one of the reasons Kespa flinched was because of Blizzard behind the scenes. If Kespa takes over it'll send death knells into the international scene, which Blizzard will not tolerate I bet.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1759, Kinetic wrote:death knells into the international scene

I don't think the foreign scene needs any help from Kespa in this regard.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 am

No LAN = Blizzard having much stronger control of the competitive scene than KeSPA will. I really doubt KeSPA will have as much of a stranglehold over SC2 as BW simply because Blizzard have a lot more say as to whether a tournament goes ahead.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by AGar »

As far as I can tell, Blizzard really isn't any position to pull the plug now on KeSPA. They got their licenses, as far as I understand, they're shit is good as golden. Now KeSPA just sits patiently until next October, playing nice. Their players get good and surpass the ESF players with their superior work ethic and insane regimens (those 14-hour days aren't going anywhere anytime soon, compare that to any ESF team-house and it's like going from boot camp to pre-school), and whatever relevant players are remaining on the ESF teams get poached by the fat stacks KeSPA teams have backing them from their corporate sponsors. KeSPA has already started to do their catering to the international audience with English casters now (go fuck yourselves, all of you - btw). GOM dies a slow painful death as they slowly bleed out when KeSPA flexes their muscle. KeSPA players will get pulled and scheduling conflicts will arise out of nowhere.

Also, Blizzard still wins out because people buy HotS and Void-of-whatever and keep watching their game be played and collecting their cut of the pie. They're not going to shut down OSL/PL because KeSPA isn't playing nice with GOM - KeSPA will proceed regardless, for starters, and plus GOM still loses when their league doesn't have any relevant players.

International scene isn't exactly booming guys. MLG Summer Championships had one of the lowest turnouts since SC2 hit the Pro Circuit. Foreign players as a mass do not have the drive that their Korean counterparts do, and this gap is now nearing the point of no return. Fewer foreigners will place in events, and there will be a sect of viewership that tunes out pretty soon. The oversaturation of the Korean players is already a major turnoff for me in the international scene. I didn't even watch any of TSL this time around, because it was basically Code A light. Most events are becoming that with a few foreign players making some splashes but standing no real chance. Slowly, we're probably going to approach the old segregation we had in Brood War, which is sad because this was the chance the players had to close most of the distance in front of them in BW.

Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Klazam »

Any reason why this thread is basically about the pro scene and not about scummers playing for fun?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

because no scummers play anymore
green shirt thursdays
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

and probably wont until Heart of the Swarm comes out, and that'll last for around 6 months before back to pro scene only
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:46 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I don't think I'm getting the expansion.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1764, xRECKONERx wrote:because no scummers play anymore

i still play frequently.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I still play, but I rarely play normal games. I love the Campaign, and I really like Custom games, but I rarely play anything else anymore. I do love the Pro Scene though and attend any events in Florida that I can.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:34 pm

I took a series off a Masters player today 2-0.
soon
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1769, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I took a series off a Masters player today 2-0.
soon

Nice, i just switched to zerg and am still only in plat. I still can beat some Diamond players. I mostly falter in my late game and what not.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 am

I hate mirror matchups so much. Literally every TvT I play goes to 30+ minutes (mostly because of my preference for mech play) and the last one just went up to 63 minutes.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:24 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

In post 1771, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I hate mirror matchups so much. Literally every TvT I play goes to 30+ minutes (mostly because of my preference for mech play) and the last one just went up to 63 minutes.

Damn, i hate ZvZ's too, it's such a coin flip some times, same as PvP. I wish i was decent as Terran. I'm probably at a high silver/low gold as terran, but i'd love to take more time and learn some good Terran builds.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1771, Knight of Cydonia wrote:I hate mirror matchups so much. Literally every TvT I play goes to 30+ minutes (mostly because of my preference for mech play) and the last one just went up to 63 minutes.

Welcome to Brood War TvT, where every game was an hour long slow waltz of seige tanks and wraiths!

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 am

In post 1773, AGar wrote:

Welcome to Brood War TvT, where every game was an hour long slow waltz of seige tanks and wraiths!

But without the auto-firing siege tanks to make you actually pay attention to your shit!

Return to “The Arcade”