Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1746, Tyene Sand wrote:Edd, that reeks of being a QT post misposted to the main thread.

This, on the other hand is highly preposterous. The QT looks no where near the main thread, nor would he be asking a question to the mod there -_- How was this your first instinct?
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Mmyep. And it means Shadow1psc is NOT aligned with Saporerint's faction, because otherwise he wouldn't need to worry about being targeted unless lolgambit, and that gambit would more likely be claimed than outright performed with actual actions.

Excuse me, let me park my vote on scum for a little while.
VOTE: Saporerint

Hai scum.

PEdit: It has been known to happen. And why would he not ask questions to the mod (or other scumbuddies) via scum QTs? Most mods allow for that. It was my first instinct, then it hit me that, especially with the account slip, it was really intended as a PM and Iecerint failed horribly.

This feels like a cheap tactic of catching scum, but excuse me if I'm going to seize it. :mrgreen:
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I just went through my role PM and the samples on the first page. No, sorry, there is absolutely no excuse for a town player to make that question to the mod.

If there are guns (hey scum! want to crosskill?), aim them at Saporerint tonight. (Or bvoigt, we can play musical chairs with the lynch order.)
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Saporerint »

So, Sapo just showed me this. O_O

That was indeed a mispost meant for the Mod. We've had a back-and-forth starting from Shadow's result claim, and I had my reply on a different tab.

The back-and-forth started because I was surprised by Shadow's claim of explicit differences between null results and roleblocked results. I can't elaborate further. :?

- Iec
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Of course there is a difference. It's called "no result" or "your target has no active abilities". What Shadow1psc described corresponds to a role with three result types: negative, roleblocked and positive. Like Normal Cops and Trackers.

So unless you are going to claim you roleblocked Shadow1psc (which you didn't since you don't have active abilities), this discussion makes no sense from the POV of someone who is trying to figure out Shadow1psc's role--why would you be wondering about YOUR active abilities?

I understand you can't get close to the discussion you had with the mods, but this is very damning evidence, Iece.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by Minimum »

Will this still look suspicious if you claim or is there actually something going on that made that question a natural one, Saporerint?
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1751, Tyene Sand wrote:

Please put your vote on Bvoigt -__- We are not having 2 competing wagons of scummies. And frankly, Bvoigt still has a higher percentage of hitting scum (though they are both high indeed :p)
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I intend to vote bvoigt, that wagon is awesome. But I'm waiting for him to speak up first and I'm parking my vote on Other Scum while waiting for it--this feels good, so excuse me~
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 1756, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 1751, Tyene Sand wrote:

Please put your vote on Bvoigt -__- We are not having 2 competing wagons of scummies. And frankly, Bvoigt still has a higher percentage of hitting scum (though they are both high indeed :p)

competing wagon? don't panic about the competing wagon.

shinori should be jailed since people talked about it anyways, sadly enough. a more anonymous bit would've been far more entertaining, but, we live and we learn.

sapo is scum, yeah.
Saporerint
Saporerint
Townie
Saporerint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Saporerint »

In post 1754, Tyene Sand wrote:[T]his discussion makes no sense from the POV of someone who is trying to figure out Shadow1psc's role--why would you be wondering about YOUR active abilities?

What I accidentally posted is part of a longer back-and-forth. You're interpreting it out-of-context.

I've sent Faraday a PM to see how much other context I can provide. <_<

@ Mina -- It will be clear why Shadow's result claim prompted me to start correspondence with the Mod. That line itself may still be weird depending upon how much context I'm allowed to provide.

- Iec
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1759, Saporerint wrote:What I accidentally posted is part of a longer back-and-forth. You're interpreting it out-of-context.

I've sent Faraday a PM to see how much other context I can provide. <_<

@ Mina -- It will be clear why Shadow's result claim prompted me to start correspondence with the Mod. That line itself may still be weird depending upon how much context I'm allowed to provide.

- Iec

Umm, obv you can pretty much say anything without directly quoting it? There is no guarantee what you'll say is true, and you can pretty much be making up whole conversations, so I don't see why it should cross any lines...

Ex, Regfan saying he asked the mod about the public jail, and explaining what the mod said, etc.

Also, I think the active/passive/factional abilities are pretty obv (can they get any more obv than (A) (P) (F)?). So I don't really see why you should be digging on further for that other than that you have some weird ability that you want to make sure is not active so you can get your story straight if ever investigated by Shadow.

Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Pandora »

The longer this day goes on the more of my face is getting stuck in a huge facepalm. At least there's good news and bad news this time. I'm not promising to jail anyone in public. Although it wouldn't be hard to guess who I'd pick.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Pandora »

Zdenek, Tyrene. You're both pretty. There are so many scummier things to hit. It's nice to know what the ownage feels like from the other side instead of being the scum-replacee into town ownage.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sapo is scum, yup yup.

Can we just lynch Bvoigt now?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Post by Pandora »

##Vote: Bvoight
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Bvoigt
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Post by Regfan »

We're not lynching until Maguatroll catches up on some of the reading and posts his thoughts as well as all the people who just got prodded (Feysal/Mocking/Starbuck) come in and post. I still think Shinori outting whatever information he has today rather than in the future is better.

Also bleh, Ices PM-Posting means the slot is probably scum, I don't see any other real reason for that question to be asked.

In post 1731, Zdenek wrote:Scum
Tyene Sand (Tierce)

You're really wrong on this read. You really really are. I would bet almost anything she's town. I suggest stepping back and re-reading her ISO later on, you'll find that her scumhunting, demeanor and play is actually incredibly townie despite her mind-changes on a few people. Her paranoia about scum in the strong players is super genuine and the manner of her pointing out the Feysal multiball 'slip' as well as Ices PM-posting 'slip' are extremely town.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Post by kortul »

Saporeint, i would like to hear the whole explanation, once you will clear it with the mod. And on day 2. Though, for now i fail to see what discussion can lead to this question from town. Still, if you are town, there would be at least two scum parties on you anyway, so there's no reason to hide the information.

Edd, BBmola, are you in a hurry? I think we should hear Saporeint story today. And also give those MIA time to pick up their prods (in case more replacements will be needed), and if there are no more strong objections on jailing Shinori, allow a day or two for everyone to actually send their jail PM votes. Bvoigt wagon isn't going to run away.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

I've just finished reading today and don't have time to respond thoroughly right now. Regarding the jailkeep, I think everyone should confirm in thread that they've sent their vote in before we end the day. I haven't sent mine in yet and probably won't until later this afternoon or evening. Also, BVoigt is at L-4, and I agree some things still need to happen before the day ends, so I'm holding on to my vote for a while longer.
may the odds be ever in your favor...
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:01 am

Post by Staeg »

Yeahhh that was a scumslip alright

Re: me being lynched if bvoigt flips non-stannis scum... Uh, I guess so? I mean, I can't actually defend against "you have bad interactions bro"
sa vrede?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

First of a couple of big hydra posts (well, mostly Pless-written, as is probably obvious, but still). Going to look at the Stefan wagon in this post, and then the DCLXVI wagon. Then our updated reads, and some reaction to more recent posts (Sap's slip does seem like a scum-slip to us -- we don't really like the idea of jailing Shinori though).

STEFAN WAGON

NB. For ordering purposes, we're counting Lyanna as the fourth vote, which she was for most of the wagon, and not the 14th (which she became by removing vote for a short period at the end of the day.

(1) Who voted Stefan and why?

Spoiler:
Thought Stefan was likely scum

(1st vote) Regfan: had Stefan as a strong scum-read; repeatedly voiced suspicion of him before and after claim (basically all his last few posts before the day ended). The way this all develops seems very natural.
(3rd vote) Saporerint: : "Stefan is so scummy" // : "The contrast [between Starbuck and Stefan] is mainly that [Starbuck] was not scummy"
(5th vote) Kortul: : "i don't really believe [Stefan's VT] claim now"
(7th vote) bvoigt: : "Can you give an example of a Faraday game where an evil-seeming character was actually town? The only possible explanation I see here is that Stefan is scum and screwed up." [obviously this is stupid for all sorts of reasons. Other than this, bvoigt gave no thoughts on Stefan]
(9th vote) Mockingjaye: "[if he's the High Sparrow] I don't think he could have a strictly pro-town agenda" [better breadcrumb spotting but still terrible reasoning for a Faraday-modded game]
(13th vote) Pandora(Quilford): : "It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong with his posting, but something's definitely awry. ... I think he's scum." [note: later suggests a null read -- : "I guess I don't see a reason not to lynch Stefan but it seems like people are just being randomly run up until we hit VT's to lynch." // explicitly votes to secure a lynch in . But the scum read was there, and I don't see where it went.]

Claimed a null read on Stefan

(2nd vote) Tyene Sand: : "I don't even have a decent read on him one way or another" // : "I think StefanB has a few townish things, but ... I'm not seeing anything that is particularly making me defend him" // (various later posts)
(4th vote) Lyanna Stark: : " I just read his iso twice and haven't found a compelling reason not to vote." // (later unvoted to allow for for discussion // re-voted in

Said that Stefan was probably town but voted to get a lynch

(11th vote) greenknight: : "Not seeing the case against stefan his claim post reads pretty genuine" // votes in Post 1502: "I guess we're stuck with this"
(14th vote) Jal: : "I think Stef is town" but voted to get a lynch
(15th vote) Plessiezarus: duh

No given opinion on Stefan

(6th vote): DCLXVI: voted for Stefan in
(8th vote): Staeg: in argues (slightly) against Stefan being the "objectively best lynch". Only votes for him after bvoigt claims. Had suggested some suspicion of Stefan (much) earlier in the day though, but by had apparently stopped suspecting him. Maybe this should be in the town-reads pile?
(10th vote): MagnaofIllusion: votes for Stefan after Bvoigt's claim in - no other opinion on Stefan given
(12th vote): BBmolla: votes for Stefan in : no reason given and no prior opinion about him

Summary

6 people voted for Stefan because of some sort of scum read:
=> Regfan (1), Sap (3), Kortul (5), bvoigt (7), Mockingjaye (9) and Pandora (13)

2 people voted for Stefan while claiming a null read:
=> Tyene Sand (2) and Lyanna (4, 14 after unvoting)

3 people voted for Stefan despite suggesting they thought he was town:
=>
greenknight
(11), Jal (14) and Plessiezarus (15)

4 people voted for Stefan and gave no read or opinion on him at all:
=>
DCLXVI
(6), Staeg (I think?) (8), MagnaofIllusion (10) and BBmolla (12)

We know now that greenknight was town and that DCLXVI and (it's very likely) bvoigt were scum.

A lot of the people claiming a scum-read on Stefan gave some pretty feeble reasons. In particular,
bvoigt
and
mockingjaye
stand out here.
We'd also like
Pandora
to clarify/explain their apparent change of read on Stefan between and
First they claim a scum-read on Stefan and don't vote for him. Then they claim a null-read and do vote for him? Why?

We also didn't and don't really see why
Saporerint
was so convinced that Stefan was scummy. Still don't like his insistence that Stefan was "objectively" the best lynch.

Not explaining his votes seems, sadly, to be
BBmolla
's standard approach to the game. Would like to know what
Staeg
was thinking though --
Staeg, did you suspect Stefan when you voted for him, or did you not?

People who make sense as scum on this wagon: Saporerint, kortul, bvoigt, mockingjaye, MoI

Not sure what to think about: Pandora, BBmolla, Jal, Staeg

(2) What other wagons were these people on?

Spoiler:
Almost everyone who voted for Stefan also Chose DCLXVI. Analysis of this wagon will follow -- for now we want to look at people who didn't. There were only five people who didn't (and one of them is dead already):

- Saporerint
- Mockingjay
-
Greenknight

- BBMolla
- Jal

Interestingly enough though, these are actually some of the people we're most suspicious of on the Stefan wagon.

What did these people say about DCL, and how did they choose instead?

Sap: claimed a town-read on redFF in . However, the other head claimed to think DCLXVI looked bad (in ). Ultimately listed DCL as scum in . Will talk about this more when we look at the DCL wagon.

Mockingjaye: claimed not to have got a read on DCLXVI yet ("still reviewing") in . Claimed a town read in ("DCL has been quite sincere in his latest posts").

BBMolla: was "fine with" Choosing DCLXVI in but unchose in . Seems par for the course with BBmolla -- see our analysis of the DCLXVI wagon, I guess.

Jal: claimed in that redFF's actions up to and including replacement "just struck me as town.". Seemed fairly sympathetic to DCL's plight - "Unfortunately, you're the Plain Jayne non-PR slot people were hoping for." // (after DCL claimed to be frustated by this) "I get it. I've been there.". Don't think Jal would interact on the thread this way with a scum-partner. Still like our town-read on Jal.

Summary

We were hoping to find people who claimed a scum read on DCLXVI but didn't actually choose him. Those are the people most likely to be his partners, we think.
Saporerint
fits this profile best. (
BBmolla
did choose then unchoose, but this seems to fit a lot better with the "town BBmolla is a bit of a sheep" meta-read we have than it does with anything scummy.)

(3) Who (seriously) voted for Stefan at some point during day 1 but wasn't on the wagon at the end?

Spoiler:
Edd - after repeatedly listing Stefan as a town read (see ), joined Tyene in sheeping Regfan and votes Stefan in . I ... don't understand why he did this? He had scum-reads, and the Stefan wagon was hardly the only place to vote at this point. Of course, in the very next post he seemed to remember he had Stefan as a town-read and bvoigt as a scum-read, so moved his vote back there.
This seems like more 'Edd is weird' evidence, not an attempt by scum to encourage a mislynch while avoiding blame for it.

MoS - voted for Stefan for soft-claiming Tyrion (in ). Don't understand this at all - MoS has played in other Eddard Stark games. How would this make sense from scum? Minimum challenged this at the time. MoS unvoted ... then jumped back on again later... and then unvoted again (listening to Minimum's urging for a no lynch).

Really don't like the initial vote (and I disagree profoundly with the wisdom of a deliberate day 1 no-lynch), but
this also doesn't look like scum trying to urge the wagon on without being involved

Plum's Yo Mamma - claimed that "Stefan reads scummy" way back in and seemed hostile in . Think that makes them the
only
person to ever suspect Stefan and not end the day with a vote on him. Later posts (like ) show no sign of suspecting Stefan, and Plum never really comments on the wagon. Then again, Plum was pushing the bvoigt wagon pretty hard, and was apparently never around after bvoigt claimed.
Rereading Plum has made me doubt my earlier town-read
but there's nothing concrete I can point to as being suspicious here.

Summary

Was hoping to see evidence of people urging the wagon on from outside. But it largely seems this just didn't happen -- instead, anybody who had anything bad to say about Stefan just voted for him. Indeed, even people who had nothing bad to say about Stefan were happy enough to do that ;).

Only person who stands out in a bad way here is
Plum
. They didn't have much bad to say about Stefan, but their failure to comment on the wagon at all looks weird. Then again, they weren't really around at all at the end of the day. Would have been nice to hear what they thought about deliberately ending the day without a lynch.

Overall Summary

Looking over the Stefan wagon has made me feel better about a few people -- though mostly people I already had as town-reads. There are also several people who stand out as possibly opportunstic scum jumping on an easy mislynch. The people I most suspect as a result of this analysis are those who gave bad reasons for joining the wagon.

These people were
Saporerint, kortul, bvoigt and mockingjaye

I'm also slightly suspicious of people who joined the wagon with no reasoning, or who seemed to encourage it without ever joining it.

These people are
MoI, BBmolla, Staeg and Plum

Analysis of the DCL Choose-wagon and updated lists of reads to follow.

~ Pless
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Looking at the other wagon now:

DCLXVI WAGON

In post 1558, Eddard Stark wrote:
No More Choosing

DLCXVI (15) - Tyene Sand, Plessiezarus, Regfan, Pandora, Feysal, Lyanna Stark, Kortul, Plums Yo Mamma, Staeg, Dolorous Edd, SnowStorm, Shadow1psc, bvoigt, DCLXVI, MagnaofIllusion

The speed at which DCL drew all those Choices makes me pretty sure some of the people Choosing him were scum-partners opting to bus him. Who could that be (other than bvoigt, perhaps)? Let's take a look.

Questions about each person on the wagon:

(1) Did they vote based on a scum-read or for some other reason?
(2) If the former, how had their views on redFF/DCLXVI evolved up to this point? Had they mentioned him at all?
(3) What were the competing wagons at the time?

Also: (4) Who, if anybody, voted to Choose DCLXVI but later unvoted?
(5) Who, if anybody, claimed to suspect DCLXVI but didn't Choose him at all?

People on the wagon

Spoiler:
Tyene
: voted to Choose DCL in ; this post has no explanation for the Choice but it clearly builds from earlier suspicion of the slot and some recent-ish interaction with DCLXVI when he replaced in. More justification in a subsequent post, (by which point the DCLXVI wagon had actually grown quite a bit).

Only Choice wagons with any support at the time of 1222 were Feysal's (10) and greenknight's (9, including Tyene herself). Feysal had been a weak scum-read of Tyene's up to this point, so wouldn't have been surprised if she went back to that wagon.

Fairly confident Tyene isn't on the same scum faction as DCLXVI
. Going into this reread I figured there was a chance she could have been bussing (DCLXVI had been picking up some votes), but on closer inspection this just doesn't make any sense. Still lingering suspicions, but if she's scum it's on a different faction, I think.

Regfan
: originally voted DCL (in ) since "there's no support" for his preferred wagon on Stefan or Minimum. Moved to Choose instead in after Tyene's Choice.

Regfan had has DCL as a scum-read based on his posts after replacing into the game (). Originally voted for DCL because people were reluctant to vote Stefan; switched to Choosing DCL and voting for Stefan after Tyene and I had made the Choose wagon more viable than the lynch wagon.

By this point Feysal's wagon was the only one with any real support (9 votes) ... DCLXI had 3, kortul had 4 and greenknight (with 5) was clearly no longer an option.

Still have a decently strong town-read on Regfan and this hasn't done anything to change that. Bussing is more credible here than in Tyene's case, but I don't see any reason to suspect it (if anything, it's a bit unlikely, I'd say).

Regfan is also unlikely to be on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI

Pandora
: Chooses DCL in based on an earlier (and sustained) scum-read (see , for instance).

Analysis of the competing wagons for Choosing are (unsurprisingly given the timing) much the same as for Refan. Feysal's was the only wagon with anything near 15 votes, and it hadn't much momentum left at this point. Only other rival wagon was kortul's (still with 4). While Pandora had kortul as a town-read (see 1136 again), they had Feysal as a strong-scum read. So, much as with Tyene, I'd have been unsurprised to see them Choose him again.

Bussing is more of a possibility here, of course (DCLXVI was on five votes to be Choosen already). Don't really understand why Feysal wasn't Chosen, actually --
after Choosing DCLXVI, did Pandora even
mention
Feysal again
?

Still, vague suspicions aside, we've had Pandora as a town read for a while now, and this hasn't changed that. Therefore we think
Pandora is unlikely to be on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI
(but a little more likely than Regfan, probably?).

Feysal
: Claims a "leaning scum" read on DCL in the post he Chose him (that's ). Would seem more honest to us to say he Chose DCLXVI to keep himself alive (he was still the only competing wagon, after all).

Had had nothing to say about DCLXVI before this post, and gave no opinion about redFF either.
Could easily see Feysal as being on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI

Lyanna
: First person Choosing DCL not to claim a scum read. (Choose in ; in confesses that she is "more confident in DCL flipping town" [than in Shadow doing the same, presumably?} but says she doesn't like any of the alternate wagons either.

Later posts (like ) suggest this was more or less a policy-Choose: Lyanna simply though Feysal would be more useful left alive if both were town. Don't think this is the approach a partner would take while bussing (why not try to get some credit for actually suspecting the partner you're voting for?) and (since we're fairly sure Tammy is town
anyway
) we think
it's very unlikely Lyanna is on the same scum faction as DCLXVI

kortul
: Says he is "leaning scum" on DCL when he Chooses him in

No previous discussion of redFF or DCL. On the other hand, it wouldn't have been too hard for scum-kortul to justify moving to Feysal's wagon -- he had listed him as a town-read (see ) but only a weak one.

That said, the position of the vote on the wagon (and the lack of any competiting options beyond Feysal) make us think that
there's a decent chance of kortul belonging to the same scum-faction as DCLXVI

Plum/Nacho
: Chooses DCL in . Don't really understand if this was based on a scum read or not. No further mention of DCL anywhere that I can see.

At this point the wagons on Feysal (on 9) and on DCLXVI (on 8) were neck and neck. Just no other credible options.

We had a strong town-read on Plum last week, but we're rapidly losing confidence in it.
Could easily see Plum as being on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI.

Staeg
: Chooses DCL in . Seems like this was more of a policy Choose + a preference for Choosing DCLXVI over Feysal.

Moved off the kortul wagon to Choose DCL. Seems correct in assessing the kortul wagon as non-viable at that point.

Although the timing of the vote fits with a partner bussing, I think that (as I said about Lyanna) a scum in this position would manufacture reasons to suspect DCL beyond "he'll eventually be mislynched if he's town, and if not, he won't be of much use". Also , his reaction to DCL's essentially posthumous "I was really town!" claim seems genuine. Our town-read on Staeg isn't all that strong, but he seems more likely to be scum on an non-Stannis faction, if at all.

It's possible Staeg is on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI, but I would lean towards thinking he isn't

Edd
: Chooses DCL in despite recently having listed DCL as "leaning town" (in ) and continuing to suggest that DCL was town (in ).

What's really off about this is that in 1242 he has Feysal as a strong scum read ... and Feysal was still the competing Choose wagon. Why move off somebody you think is scum and onto somebody you think is town when
these are the only competing wagons
?

This really doesn't seem to make any sense.
Edd, please explain this decision for us.
We still have a (weakish) town read on Edd, but stuff like this doesn't help at all. It just feels like he's not really paying attention to the game (despite all the posts) - even now he's not a hydra, his positions jump around like crazy from post to post.

Shadow
: Chooses in to "lock in our Choose". Is explicit in that his motive is to prevent a possible last-minute move to Feysal.

I don't think there was really any chance of this happening though.

Really, analysis in this case seems pointless before we see how bvoigt flips. If bvoigt is a member of the Stannis faction then Shadow very probably isn't. Just don't see Shadow claiming on a partner like this -- as others have said, it's suicidal.

If bvoigt is in a different faction, however, then I don't see anything here ruling Shadow out as a partner to DCLXVI.

bvoigt
: Again, no point analyzing this now. We're lynching him today anyway.

MoI
: Final Choose-vote for DCL (in ). No explanation given in this post, though he had previously said (in ) that he'd choose DCL over Feysal if he had to (but preferred Minimum to both).

Very hard to imagine DCLXVI not being Chosen at this point (even without any more votes, his was the biggest wagon left and there was no appetite to move elsewhere). Timing of the vote doesn't feel like bussing to me, though it's possible I guess? DCL and MoI had had little interaction before this - MoI had queried the inconsistency in DCL liking MoI for his self-choose but not liking Benmage's self-choose (in and ), and that's about it. Think the dismissive "shouldn't have self-voted then" in response to DCL's post-Chosen town-claim () reads genuine, but meh.

It's possible MoI is on the same scum-faction as DCLXVI. We would guess not though.

To summarise
:

Breaking down the wagon (with people very unlikely to be partnered with DCLXVI at the top, and people we can easily see as partners to DCLXVI at the bottom), we'd rank the people on it as:

Tyene
Regfan, Lyanna
Pandora
Staeg, MoI
-
kortul
Feysal, Plum

People above the line are those we'd be a least a bit shocked to see partnered with DCL; people below the line are those we'd not be shocked by at all.

No opinion yet on: Edd (
he's weird?
waiting for him to answer our question), Shadow (waiting for bvoigt's flip), bvoigt (lynching him anyway, not because of any connection with DCL)

People not on the wagon

We're interested in people who voted for DCLXVI or redFF at some point but didn't end up on the final wagon, or in people who claimed to suspect redFF but never Chose him. Would expect to find scum-partners in at least one of these groups.

Spoiler:
A. People who voted or Chose DCL before Tyene started the wagon, and didn't join it

Don't care about random votes, but only votes/Chooses that seem to be the result of some actual suspicion.

Benmage
: didn't "like how redff entered the game" in (agreeing with Tyene's early suspicions) and Chose him in . Continued suspicion in later posts. Still talking about liking a DCL lynch or Choose in . Started insisting DCL's VT claim made him town in . That said, his urging DC to vig somebody other than Regfan, his insistence that DC was "bleeding town" and his lack of any real effort in moving the wagon all seem to point towards "wrongly confident town" and not to scum defending a partner in trouble.

Think the evidence points towards the conclusion that
Benmage is probably not in the same scum faction as DCL
. People who have played with Benmage can correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems the sort of attitude he had as town in past Eddard Stark-modded games.

B. People who were on the wagon but later jumped off

Minimum
: first chose redFF (following Benmage?) in . Continued suspicion of the slot for a while (see for instance , and others). Choses DCL in , just as the wagon gets underway, but unchooses in , saying they "don't have high hopes that DC will flip scum right now". (DCL was at L-1 at this point).

None of this really seems to suggest a scum-connection between the two of them. Minimum was actively voicing suspicions of redFF/DCL all game, and voted and chose several times. The unvote comes at the worst possible time if they're partners -- it's too late to change the inevitable, and seemingly costs Minimum the credit for pushing the lynch.

Therefore
Minimum is probably not in the same scum faction as DCL

Stefan
: doesn't matter, he was town

BBmolla
: Chose DCL in , unChose (for no particular reason, other than perhaps 'other people were doing it') in . As far as I can tell, he never said anything about redFF or DCL before or after this. Could be a partner (trying to bus at first, then hoping that Minimum's unChoose was a sign of things to come?), I guess -- but I don't really see it. (My town-meta on BBmolla is that he tends to be lazy and sheep people more than he should -- does anybody disagree with this?) Anyway,
Molla is a possible but perhaps unlikely partner to DCL

C. People who claimed to suspect redFF/DCLXVI but never voted for him

Saporerint
: just after the wagon starts, suggests that DCL "is scummy mainly because of early reactivity and later relative lack of scumhunting" (see ) (one of the hydra-heads later claimed a town-read on redFF, but the other disagreed). Lists DC as scum in . By , both heads were agreeing that DC looked bad. No vote or Choose forthcoming though ...

Summary
:

People in groups A and C seem more suspicious than those in group B, all else being equal. The wagon picked up steam very quickly once it got going -- doesn't feel like scum would be happy about getting off, knowing what the ultimate flip would be.

Ranking these people in the same way as above (with very unlikely partners at the top and very possible partners at the bottom):

Minimum, Benmage
BBMolla
-
Saporerint

Summary of the Summaries

Having gone back and read through the wagon (and the people who perhaps could have been on the wagon, based on earlier suspicions or votes, but weren't) we think that Saporerint, kortul, Feysal and Plum all merit a closer look. All four would make a lot of sense as DCLXVI's partner, we think.

Merging the two earlier lists, I'd rank possible partners (from least likely to most) as

Tyene
Regfan, Lyanna
Pandora, Minimum, Benmage
Staeg, MoI, BBmolla
-
kortul
Feysal, Plum, Saporerint

Updated reads coming up in a bit.

~ Pless
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

kortul wrote:I think we should hear Saporeint story today.

And I do not because it will almost certainly end in a claim and we can worry about that tomorrow, if they are not dead.

In post 1769, Staeg wrote:Yeahhh that was a scumslip alright

Re: me being lynched if bvoigt flips non-stannis scum... Uh, I guess so? I mean, I can't actually defend against "you have bad interactions bro"

And so defend yourself you won't. I don't exactly approve.

Pless wrote:Only person who stands out in a bad way here is Plum. They didn't have much bad to say about Stefan, but their failure to comment on the wagon at all looks weird. Then again, they weren't really around at all at the end of the day. Would have been nice to hear what they thought about deliberately ending the day without a lynch.

I talked about vanity wagons, I told ABR to vote bvoigt, I yelled at Stefan for not voting bvoigt. I do believe my opinion of the wagon was pretty clear, if I say so myself.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:20 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 1772, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:

And I do not because it will almost certainly end in a claim and we can worry about that tomorrow, if they are not dead.

Better he claims now than tomorrow? For obv lynches like that that are being lined up it is easier for a vig, etc to kill them at night instead of having us waste a day just wagoning him and it's better that he knows what he's taking out instead of then Iec turning out to be a stong PR or something <_<

In post 1771, Plessiezarus wrote:Edd: Chooses DCL in 1289] despite recently having listed DCL as "leaning town" (in 1242) and continuing to suggest that DCL was town (in 1323).

What's really off about this is that in 1242 he has Feysal as a strong scum read ... and Feysal was still the competing Choose wagon. Why move off somebody you think is scum and onto somebody you think is town when these are the only competing wagons?

We still have a (weakish) town read on Edd, but stuff like this doesn't help at all. It just feels like he's not really paying attention to the game (despite all the posts) - even now he's not a hydra, his positions jump around like crazy from post to post.

Umm, I'm not really sure? I
think
I was thinking that the DCL wagon was more likely to be chosen since everybody started jumping on it.

And seriously, after DCL claimed, I really didn't want to run up another person for a claim with the amount of people that had claimed. So I just stuck on the DCL wagon.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:23 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1773, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 1772, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:

Better he claims now than tomorrow? For obv lynches like that that are being lined up it is easier for a vig, etc to kill them at night instead of having us waste a day just wagoning him and it's better that he knows what he's taking out instead of then Iec turning out to be a stong PR or something <_<

In post 1771, Plessiezarus wrote:Edd: Chooses DCL in 1289] despite recently having listed DCL as "leaning town" (in 1242) and continuing to suggest that DCL was town (in 1323).

What's really off about this is that in 1242 he has Feysal as a strong scum read ... and Feysal was still the competing Choose wagon. Why move off somebody you think is scum and onto somebody you think is town when these are the only competing wagons?

Umm, I'm not really sure? I
think
I was thinking that the DCL wagon was more likely to be chosen since everybody started jumping on it.

And seriously, after DCL claimed, I really didn't want to run up another person for a claim with the amount of people that had claimed. So I just stuck on the DCL wagon.

Fun fact: If you count the times I alt slipped, it doesn't really amount to that much ;)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”