Mini 1370: Possessed Pastors in a Paranoid Parish: Who Won?!

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Tierce »

I'd just like to say that Empking has been posting elsewhere. No amount of chronic lurkerdom excuses being lynched without speaking a word here and not giving input on his action last night. He's scum.

Mod Father come here we are purging the Church with fire and the Lord's love what is this you're saying about 'real life'.

Oh. Right. Sleep.

PEdit: Town. I dislike the fact that we're not butting heads
yet
, but Town.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 603, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So Amrun … I trust you now understand I’m Town. If it isn’t clear I can elaborate if necessary but I doubt I will need to.

Oh, please do elaborate. Also, you say the last votes were bussing. You were the hammer.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Tierce »

Hey.

rapidcanyon. (And assorted others, I think.)

Stop pushing for MoI to claim, goddammit.
It can be an actual action, it can be a gambit,
it can be MoI MoIing,
it can be something else entirely. It's not for us to mess with. Let scum wonder and fret over it and
leave it damn well alone

You're Town. Start playing like it. I understand the eagerness, but this is the kind of thing you don't mess with on D2, on the second scum flip (we need an happy dance smiley). Let sleeping dogs lie and we'll see what happens to the softclaim stuff.

Not
letting scum have all the info is one of the most useful Town aspects. They are the informed majority already, don't give them more of an advantage. I almost suicided as scum in one game because I didn't have complete and correct info, I want the remaining scum to have similar worries here.

Let them sweat over MoI and don't worry about it for now.

We now return to your scheduled broadcast of sleepy-times.
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

After reading in more detail, it is obvious Eidolon is town. Her posts about the Zyrc FOS make sense. She also voted for Maemuki fairly early (again FOS on DeasWave for calling it wishy-washy).

She also kept going after Empking before the tracker result. She specifically picked him to question out of everyone involved.

I am thinking DeasWave and Magna are both scum. Probably Hiraki as well. I'd rather lynch Magna but I am cool with lynching DeasWave if everyone thinks Magna is town for some odd reason that they won't explain.

Pedit: I think I have an idea what you are talking about. I'll lay off of him.

Oh, well, if Magna plays like a dumbass every game, don't blame me for finding him suspicious.

@ Magna, I highly suggest you start playing pro-town instead of being a dick. Your behavior and refusal to answer my initial questions is making you seem very scummy.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 728, rapidcanyon wrote:Oh, well, if Magna plays like a dumbass every game, don't blame me for finding him suspicious.
Believe me, I'm not.
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by seilkops »

After reading in more detail, it is obvious Eidolon is town.

Wut? She can't be bussing?
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by rapidcanyon »

In post 730, seilkops wrote:
After reading in more detail, it is obvious Eidolon is town.

Wut? She can't be bussing?

I know her meta. She doesn't bus unless she has to. Also, she pressured Empking before there were results on him. She hasn't been as aggressive as I know her to be as town (see Chosen Mafia Open 441 where she was town) but overall, I get a town read based on how quick she was to pressure Zryc who was replaced by Maemuki and flipped scum and then she picked Empking to pressure. Bussing one scumpartner is rare for her let alone bus her entire team.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Is it in twilight? Just got to my hotel in Dublin. Holy Shit this thread exploded. I'll comment if I can catch up before lock.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Re Moi/Quilford/Tierce: Holy fuck stop acting like high schoolers.

Re RC: Just protect someone and crumb it.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Post by Quilford »

That's not very helpful.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Post by Quilford »

I'm pretty sure our little spat was over before you decided to comment on it.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Post by Quilford »

Now sssh and let's watch DY flip Empking-scum.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 691, DeasWave wrote:I'm pretty certain that the last scum is going to be either Eidolon or Amrun.

I dont think its Amrun. I think its Eidolon...And if not her then MAYBE Seil. Im pretty sure the following are town anyways:
Tierce
MoI
Amrun
Quilford
Hiraki
RC

Which leaves you, Eid, Seil. Eid is hte most probable scum of those. I really need to reread all 3 ISO though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'll do those ISOs and make a case for the most scummy person after the Empking flip in case it isn't scum (but I mean really it has to be). RC jumped off the deep end, Im 99.9% confident in him being town.

I'm not seeing MoI scum. Yes hes aggressive and a douchebag. Much like me except we have some differences. I respect his play style though and I don't see any reason to suspect he is scum right now.

RC: Would you knowing Eidolon's meta encourage her to switch it up?

Agree with Tierce on the Amrun/MoI weirdness. Given that they both aren't scum and both seem able to clear each other I'm cool with it for now. Seilkops/Eidolon/DW. Guaranteed last scum in there. I kinda don't think its Seil because of his snippet about being upset that IceGuy flipped town. I've actually lost sleep over being wrong before. (Fortunately Mae wasn't one of those times for me).

Eidolon: Her Zyrc case was never really going very far and it looks an awful lot like bussing. I really need to read the ISO to get a good feel for it in its entirety. Fact of the matter is she kept lightly FoSing Zyrc a lot just to end up going for Amrun and someone else (DW?). Then she finally moved her vote back after Tierce did serious case making.

DW: His wagon spec is ehhhhh. Heavily dislike his Amrun push. Need to reread ISO.

More tomorrow morning when its not
4am
12 noon. UGh.
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:12 am

Post by DeasWave »

In post 733, AngryPidgeon wrote:Re RC: Just protect someone and crumb it.

:?
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
But only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 am

Post by DeasWave »

In post 728, rapidcanyon wrote:I am thinking DeasWave and Magna are both scum. Probably Hiraki as well. I'd rather lynch Magna but I am cool with lynching DeasWave if everyone thinks Magna is town for some odd reason that they won't explain.

So basically you think the scumteam is Maemuke, myself, Magna, Hiraki and Empking. Five scum. In a mini.

okay.jpg

~ DW
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Going into Night I’m thinking that either Seil or Hiraki are going to eat hot Vig death. That’s my read at this point anyway assuming Empking is scum (which looks to be confirmed by his avoidance of thread).

Also Mass-claim tomorrow is probably the correct move.

--

Tierce wrote: Believe me, I'm not.

Insert trombone trill here …

BTW … if this game turns into a “Last Scum Hiding” game and Tierce makes it to LYLO lynch her. I doubt it will come to that but for someone so universally obv-Town (see Rapid’s leg-humping posts as evidence) she should not ever sniff 3-player LYLO. If she does she’s scum.

--

Eid wrote:I think deaswave is just reaching on me because he thinks i'm a good mislynch target. even though i've made a lot of pro-town actions today, people seem to find my statements scummy.

I don't really like hiraki's play but i'm not certain that he's scum.

Well if I had to choose one between Deas and Hiraki as the last scum (assuming Empking flips scum of course) I’d go with Hiraki. I’m having a hard time seeing Deltawave’s response to my “if Mae flips Town you just claimed scum” post as coming from Mae’s scum partner. He was way too concerned with being painted as scum if Mae flipped Town. Maybe Delta has a bit more deviousness in him than I have seen in the past but I don’t really see that as a reaction coming from someone being told “Hey, if Mae flips Town you are scum” when they know Mae is going to flip scum.

As to the “Bussing” issue I can see why people consider your Zyrc interactions to be scum-scum. You called Zyrc scum early, let that read go fairly easily in my opinion, and really only got back on Mae late in the day after dallying with Amrun. That fits into the pattern of distancing between scum partners early when neither is under significant pressure (Rapid was hogging the glory early on). I don’t think it is but your “my interactions ring true” isn’t exactly compelling support. Just an FYI for the future.

--

Rapid wrote: I did. He is just being a jerkbag. No reason not to lynch him.

I don't get what this whole deal is with Magna.

Why is everyone essentially saying "he is always a dick. Leave him be."

We need players to help the town and play pro-town. If he doesn't, we lynch him.

You need to either grow up. I can’t be more clear. You aren’t going to want to play on MS if you think everyone who isn’t “Smiles and Rainbows” to you needs to be lynched. I’ll be frank – you’ve gotten treated with pretty cushy kid gloves to this point. I’ve really restrained my desire to yell at you for your Newb play. If you think my play here is offensive I can list at least a half dozen players that will send you catatonic the first time you encounter them.

Rapid wrote: More bullshit and fake-bussing. Of course Magna knew that Maemuki would flip scum. He sets up a hypothetical scenario where he is required to FOS his scumbuddy which he knows won't happen.

This is exactly why no-one takes you seriously. You are arguing for a 4+ person scum-team in a Mini Theme game. Mae has already flipped scum. You aren’t arguing that Empking isn’t going to flip scum. Yet you are painting DeasWave and myself as partners.

Rapid wrote:Oh, please do elaborate. Also, you say the last votes were bussing. You were the hammer.

Get ready to be angry – I’m not going to elaborate. I know you don’t understand but it’s better off for Town if I don't.

Please link me to my post that said yesterday that “the last votes were bussing”. I’ll be waiting for you to either do it. Because you can’t Why you are attributing posts to me I never made I’m not quite sure.

And for the record – if you think me hammering Mae at deadline is scum-motivated play you really need to go back to Road to Rome. If I was her partner (which I’m not) I could have easily let deadline run out without moving my vote to hammer her. Which is what Seil did. But since you don’t have a good grasp on what is actual scum motivated play you’ve got him as a Town read.

Yes, I’m calling your play bad. Learn to live with being criticized.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:03 am

Post by DeasWave »

If Empking flips scum, Quilford is going to be a prime night kill target. That means you must be on that RC. If you're not then I will be displeased with you.

~ DW
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Book of Vote Counts, Chapter Two, Verse One (as of DeasWave's vote in his #657)

An excommunication has been achieved.

Empking (6): Eidolon, Quilford, MagnaofIllusion, Tierce, Amrun, DeasWave

Quilford (1): Empking
Eidolon (1): AngryPidgeon
Not Voting (3): rapidcanyon, Hiraki, seilkops

With 11 alive, it took 6 to excommunicate and 6 to have no excommunication.

Stay tuned for the flavor scene and Empking's flip.

As ever, if you have an questions or concerns, please let me know!
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:29 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

If anything, the church's task on day one had been far easier.

They searched high and low for evil in their midst, and what they found was, well, basically, a country bumpkin preacher with a real penchant for being a hardass.

Surely there were...more...sinister elements at play in some of the congregants?

You know, along the lines of, say,
Opus Dei
the Illuminati
whatever crap Dan Brown happens to be putting out these days.*

Indeed, there was.

Just as you had rooted out the brotherhood of the Poorly Portrayed Pastors with the excommunication of Maemuki the previous day, it turned out that Empking, so claimed Quilford, belonged to the same shadowy brotherhood of shadows and conspiracies and...erm, shadows.

In true Empking fashion, he said little in his own defense as he was quickly singled out and voted upon for excommunication.

That is, until the final vote was cast by DeasWave, upon which time Empking took out a multiple-corded whip and began flagellating himself in repentance for having been found out as a member of the Poorly Portrayed Pastors.

So he was either into bondage, or he was one of the true fanatics...

As it so happened, he was indeed the latter.

Well, I guess he could be the former as well. Certainly not mutually exclusive.

Empking,
Silas the Monk, Poorly Portrayed Pastors Mafia Goon,
was excommunicated on Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Players with access to QT's may now use them. Any and all actions are due to me by 9:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Thursday, September 13.

* That's the last dig I take at Dan Brown in this game. Promise.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Based on your feedback, maybe I shouldn't cease the Dan Brown insults...

So, if you rearrange the letters of this flavor scene, they will spell out, over and over in perfect succession, "Dan Brown is a ridiculous tool who gives hack writers a bad name."

The remaining congregants of the Church of MafiaScum, fresh off another successful excommunication, piled into the pews once more the following morning, hoping to hear a word of hope to inspire them on their continued quest to rid the parish of evil.

Naturally, since you are reading this, you realize that this was never going to be the case.

For two reasons.

The first is that the scheduled preacher was assassinated.

The second was that even if he hadn't been assassinated...you still probably would not have received a word of hope.

Why?

That preacher's sermon was entitled "God and Me: We're Hardly Best Friends."

That preacher's name?

Rapidcanyon.

But dying in service to his church was perhaps inspiring after all--even as burnt out as he had become, Rapidcanyon's Father Donovan died rather than submit to
Nemo the Antichrist
Dan Brown
the Poorly Portrayed Pastors.

This was not all, however, as you discover, sitting slumped over in the sanctuary's side chapel, the body of Hiraki, in whose hands you find the notes for a wedding he was planning...a wedding for Mr. Slave and Big Gay Al!

Hopefully this doesn't delay their nuptials...

rapidcanyon,
Father Donovan, Church-Aligned Bodyguard,
was assassinated on Night Two.

Hiraki,
Father Maxi, Vanilla Churchgoer,
was assassinated on Night Two.

It is now Day Three. With 8 alive, it is 5 to excommunicate and 4 to have no excommunication. The deadline is currently set for 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) on Thursday, September 27.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So Amrun please confirm what I think you will be confirming ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

I don't know why you have to clarify. :/ You're just guaranteeing you die before being useful again... Can you please tell me why you went out of the way to make this so obvious?

I shot Hiraki with a crossbow that MoI gave me. It was a one time use item.

I was torn between DW and Hiraki after overnight analysis, but since MoI favored Hiraki as well, I went with that.

VOTE: DeltaWave
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by seilkops »

I'm going to be V/LA for much of tomorrow, so try not to kill anybody gaiz.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Tierce »

@DarthYoshi: I will be V/LA from the 15th to the 22nd due to the Violet
Reviewer
Skittle.
(I shall refrain from tickle torture for the Forbidden Fruit of Setup Knowledge.)

That claim was unnecessary. :|
But since it's out in the open, there is something that makes no sense: why Amrun, who you were pushing throughout D1 and were apparently not convinced was Town? What changed, MoI?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”