Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:03 am

Post by Regfan »

Staeg, I also want to hear a little more of the flavour that explains why he's Lannister Alliance related. Find out how much you can share from Faraday and post it please. (Faradays online now)
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Aelinor Targaryen was the daughter of Daeron II Targaryen and was married to her brother Aerys I Targaryen. Her brother shunned her bed and Queen Aelinor remained a maid and childless.

Day 3, Votecount 3

Staeg (2) - Pandora, Minimum

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Scumhunter

Not Voting (18):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Dolorous Edd, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Saporerint, BBmolla, Jal, Regfan

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)
MagnaofIllusion is V/la. Tierce is V/la

Day 3, Godhand Count

Not Godhanding (21):
Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Dolorous Edd, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Saporerint, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal

With 21 alive it takes 12 to Godhand. No Majority = No..um Godhand.

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)

Spoiler: Trial by Combat
Trial by Combat

Only blood can pay for blood. A life for a life. A
Trial by combat
has been called. Saporerint and Dolorous Edd will participate. One of them will die today, you will decide which of them that is.

The person to reach a majority vote first will die. Should no one reach majority then one of Saporerint/Dolorous Edd will die at the end of the day, anyway. However should someone reach majority they will die and be flipped immediedately during the day. Should both participants gain an equal amount of votes then the person who got to that number first will die. Should no one decide to hurt anyone then one of the participants will be randomly struck down by the Gods.

To 'vote' use the hurt tags. HURT: Saporerint or HURT: Dolorous Edd. Once you have 'hurt' you cannot 'unhurt'.

I will update the hurt count once someone has hurt a player. It will not be in each votecount, due to space. Dolorous Edd and Saporerint are already hurting each other. Because well...only one can survive...dun dun dun!

'Hit 'em where it hurts'

Dolorous Edd (1) : Saporerint
Saporerint (1) : Dolorous Edd

Not hurting (19)
: Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal.

A majority will kill someone.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 am

Post by Staeg »

Quite literally THE only thing that tells me that I'm town is that the charade is NEARLY done.

Also, I investigated Minimum. Not a Frey.. Both investigation choices are on targets that I'm leaning town, but not really convinced, and would trust if they're town. Minimum's investigation choice also had the added reasoning that as scum they might opt to go for a weird fakeclaim.
sa vrede?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2022, Benmage wrote:Now than Staegs slow claiming is driving me fucking nuts

Maybe we Should push Staeg through... allow him to get in a nother cop, and if he's lying we auto lynch D6.

How in the hell is Staeg's "investigation" results worthwhile at all given what we know about the setup?

Do you think there are Freys hiding in the Aegon / Stannis factions?
Do you think the Freys are a THIRD Mafia faction when two flipped Freys were Town Masons?

Staeg is by almost all accounts likely some sort of Role-Cop and made up the "Frey Cop" claim in a panic knowing his links to bvoigt (which I pointed out yesterday) were strong. No chance in hell he is getting Godhanded.

--

Also before I forget - remind me to talk about BBMolla later when I have serious time.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2028, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Staeg is by almost all accounts likely some sort of Role-Cop and made up the "Frey Cop" claim in a panic knowing his links to bvoigt (which I pointed out yesterday) were strong. No chance in hell he is getting Godhanded.

In panic? I was well aware that if I wasn't getting lynched today, then tomorrow. I had 2-3 nights/days to plan for this. What the hell are you trying to say?
sa vrede?
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:29 am

Post by kortul »

New mechanics each day, excellent work by mod. It gives us new opportunities each time. So, my thoughts about Godhand. It sounds cool, but the delay is too long.

Alignment is revealed at the
end
of Day 5. This is the beginning of Day 3, and we have 21 player currently alive. So far we are losing 3-4 players per day/night cycle, and if we won't somehow eliminate a faction or get lucky with protective actions, this will continue. At the beginning of Day 4 we will most likely have 17 (+-1) players, Day 5 - 13-14, Day 6 - 9-11. That's 10+ players dead. Basicly we are choosing someone, who we want to see in MyLo/LyLo if he is town, and want to be sure that if he survives he
IS
town.

I hope we want to improve the chances of not wasting the reveal alignment part,
so choosing a player who is likely to be wagoned before the Day 6 is bad idea
. Also, protection for a night 4 is needed, and for future nights if he will be revealed as town.

As for ultimate protection for a Night 3 - if we are serious about using Godhand to full potential, this is just a passive bonus.

In post 1976, Lyanna Stark wrote:You think has a chance to either alignment but are unlikely to be night killed or lynched and could be a danger in lylo?
This would be a perfect candidate, but so far i don't see, how those who are inlikely to by lynched can be also unlikely to be killed, that's counter-intuitive.

Since i don't know who is real good player in endgame situations, i am ok with choosing for godhand those, whom i've seen in action in other games - MoI, Tyene, Magua. I view Regfan as town anyway, so may agree to godhand him just for the sake of one night protection.

Dolorus Edd role makes sense for a town role, and even if it was given to scum somehow, this is multiball - let scum worry about it.

*sigh* Call me stupid, but from his initial comment ("because of weird stuff i got in my pm last night") i assumed that Shinori got PM similar to what BBmola mentioned on Day 1, and that he just couldn't decide whether to reveal it or not. Not revealing seemed to be more beneficial to a town, if scum can't find their buddies. After his claim today as a strange tracker, i am frustrated. While such eagerness on Day 2 makes him more likely to be town in my eyes, that comment on day 2 wasn't needed at all, since the lynch was already obvious, and he could have spent night 2 for another track...
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:57 am

Post by kortul »

There are two things that i don't like about Staeg claim.

After day 1 we had two claimed Freys, both masons. If Staeg is Frey cop, why he decided to ignore them, and not use an ability where it could be useful to town? And why investigate Regfan, who suspected both of them and couldn't be yet another Frey mason? Moreover, there was little chance that Regfan would be wagoned and forced to claim anytime soon, so how the information that he isn't Frey would help Staeg to get a better read on Regfan?

And second, if Freys are the allies of Lannisters, why town will be given cop power of revealing Freys, and not the family aligned with one of the scum factions? I may be wrong about this one, though, and this may be usual thing -
those familiar with theme games on site, does it make any sense?
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 am

Post by kortul »

I have a question to those familiar with a book - was Stannis faction there strong? It isn't related to today discussion, just noticed something while doing ISO's, and the answer to my question may be relevant for a better read.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:07 am

Post by Jal »

Okay people need to be more clear.

In post 1602, Shinori wrote:I'm fine with BVO lynch, however if Bvo flips town we look at staeg and shadows because of weird stuff i got in my pm last night.

What were you told in your PM?

Explain what you meant by this:

In post 1623, Shinori wrote:No I think I actually have info that potentially pegs someone as scum along with BVO. It could implicate bvo as town though but it's also something I don't fele at liberty to discuss because it could just be more beneficial to scum than town.

--

In post 1995, Staeg wrote:Because he was a person that I'd trust with an inno if town and want deadeadead if scum.

What?

So are Reg and Min not Frey's then?

I'm leaning towards what MOI is saying at the moment.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Jal »

Kortul makes a really good point in post 2031.

kortul wrote:I have a question to those familiar with a book - was Stannis faction there strong? It isn't related to today discussion, just noticed something while doing ISO's, and the answer to my question may be relevant for a better read.

No, not really strong.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:15 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

I have to run out, but real quick. Wyman Manderly is technically a part of the Lannister Alliance as the Lannisters believe that Wyman Manderly has killed Davos in the books and is on their side. And, it's not until their journey north to Winterfell that he starts showing any sign of rebellion (with the exception of just prior in sending Davos to find Ricken). His role searching Frey's makes sense for his character as the Frey's have been holding Wyman's son captive since the Red Wedding and killed another one if I remember correctly.

It's also a really limited role. It reminds me of the role I had in Faraday's Wheel of Time game at another site. I had an investigative role that only told me if the person was a woman with magical powers. It didn't tell me anything about alignment or what power they had, and basically all I could do is bust if someone lied about that one aspect. The scum team was given a full investigative role though. I don't know how much relevance that has to this game, but I'm trying to figure out what use a Frey Cop would be to a scum team.

Kortul - I'm not sure what you're questioning about my statement about people who are unlikely to be nightkilled and unlikely to be lynched. There are always people like that in games.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2031, kortul wrote:After day 1 we had two claimed Freys, both masons. If Staeg is Frey cop, why he decided to ignore them, and not use an ability where it could be useful to town? And why investigate Regfan, who suspected both of them and couldn't be yet another Frey mason? Moreover, there was little chance that Regfan would be wagoned and forced to claim anytime soon, so how the information that he isn't Frey would help Staeg to get a better read on Regfan?

I was expecting the masons to get dealt with by themselves, even without my intervention (if not that night, then the next). Already explained Regfan0

Jal, yes, Min and Reg are not Freys.

The thing is, when I got my role, I immediately went "well, the freys don't actually LIKE the lannisters, so I guess they could maybe be scum?" This kinda waned when I saw the Walder twins flip town, but those two were just kids; they didn't have any clue of what's going on in the game of thrones.

In fact, anyone more apt than me in these things, which side did the Freys choose during Robert's Rebellion?
sa vrede?
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:28 am

Post by kortul »

Lyanna, i wasn't questioning you - on the contrary, i commented to show how the ideal candidate looks like, it is just hard to find such.

@Staeg - so if you found Regfan to be Frey, what would you do? Just trying to understand your logic.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Magua »

Let's see.

saporerint is gonna die, right after they claim. Ambivalent about them actually being scum, but my townread on Edd was strong to begin with, and is now so strong it punches through walls. Want to do this as soon as possible to get the flip.

Godhand I was super excited about because I thought it would reveal alignment at the end of the Day and the person would be protected this Night, but then I read Feysal's thing and reread and yeah. That makes it not really quite so good. Don't want to use it on someone scummy, because then you're putting off their lynch until D6 in the event they're actually scum. It could be used on someone townie so they can't be killed N3, which is nice but public and all. I want to use it on someone who I'm not confident in, but who I probably would not lynch in the next two Days regardless. Thinking about it, I really want to use it on Tierce so I can stop worrying about her.

@Regfan:
Your hangup with flavor is terrible. It's either really his role, or it's a fakeclaim provided by Faraday/Seacore. Shit, son, Benmage was schooling you on how this works. kortul is the one I see asking the actually useful questions like "Why did you not investigate a claimed Frey?"

I guess a follow up question for Staeg is:
@Staeg:
You say you investigated Regfan to keep the shitflingers off of him. What did you think being a "Frey" meant N1?
Ninja'd.

Mmmmmm. This would be a lot easier in my mind if Shinori hadn't been all "STAEG I HAVE INFO YOU'RE SCUM OH HERE IT IS LET ME TELL YOU EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU RESPOND." Seriously, in the future, just be like, "Staeg, claim" and then see what happens -- telling him what you know only lets him lie better if he's scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Magua, Plum fits the bill on someone to Godhand.

Hard read. Could go either way. Not someone to be lynched soon. Awesome if D6 shes town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Staeg »

If I found Regfan to be a Frey, I'd consider him to be "gut town" and slightly more likely to be town.
sa vrede?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Zdenek »

I expect I'll be hurting Saporient, but I am willing to wait for a claim.

As far as the Godhand thing goes, I'd like to use it on someone who is null through scummy, but unlikely to be lynched/a good player who if confirmed as town, could have a positive effect on the game. My preferences are, Tyene Sand (Tierce), Minimum (Mina/CES), Benmage and Magua.

As far as this Staeg business goes, the more I think about it the more I think that he is a scum-mason hunter because to me that makes a heck of a lot more sense than him being a weak-town cop (being able to only detect Frey's) and while there is some chance of him being able to detect scum fake-claims, that would require the mods to have given the scum Frey fake-claims and put a Frey cop in the game, which seems somewhat bastard. Basically the only way I can see him as town is if there are a bunch of Frey's in the game, which is conceivable because there are a lot of them, but I think it would be weird, and we have no reason to think that's the case.

MoI, I'm still wondering why you thought Cow was town.

bvoigt defended Starbuck pretty aggressively, and Starbuck had nothing to say about bvoigt, so I would be happy to lynch Scumhunter sometime.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

HURT: Sapo

Half the hydra has posted on site since thread opened. I see no point in waiting for this particular discussion since we have to get Godhand sorted out and that WILL take time. This is just a repeat of bvoigt lurking his Doom away.

--

Zdenek wrote: MoI, I'm still wondering why you thought Cow was town.

Um, good for you?

I found his early play and reads to closely mirror mine. I’m Town. If I feel bothered I’ll link to early posts of his that I agreed with.

My questions to you – why the strong focus on Cow (now Magua) and my read on him? Do you think Magua is scum? Why did you choose me last Night?

--

Staeg wrote: In panic? I was well aware that if I wasn't getting lynched today, then tomorrow. I had 2-3 nights/days to plan for this. What the hell are you trying to say?

So why did you ‘know’ you were getting lynched other than you being linked via Night Action to a scummy target choice and by dayplay and votes to scum? There have only been 2 Nights total in the game. By 2-3 do you mean 3 periods of Nightalk with your partners (Pre-game and N1 and N2) perchance?

--

Pandora wrote: Uhm. With bvoight being roleblocked scum, and two other kills against masons, aren't all the scumkills accounted for?

Shadoweh are you on crack? I ask because this makes no sense from someone not chemically altered.

1. DCL shot one of the Masons with his Strongarm Vig shot. Not a normal scum kill.
2. bvoigt being roleblocked doesn’t mean much given he was very unlikely to be delegated to make the kill for the Aegons unless the team was collectively stupid enough to think he wasn’t getting Tortured by Shadow.

So no, all the potential scum kills are not directly accounted for.

--

Regfan wrote: Staeg, let me make sure that I get this completely right. You claim that you investigated me N1, then come end of N1 and start of D2 you state that you have 'bad guttish feelings about me' but don't claim any information, the only way that it even makes an ounce of sense is if you 'guiltied' me in which case you'd come out stating and claiming your guilty and your Post 1995 states as much. So you investigating me, getting an innocent and then stating a scum-read on me makes no sense whatsoever. I know your online now so want to explain it to me?

This codifies why Staeg is our normal lynch today. His claim makes no sense in context as being a Frey Cop is pretty much meaningless (Town can be Non-Frey and Scum seems very unlikely to be at all given the source flavor).

Staeg is a Rolecop or sum such other Scum investigative role who made up the Frey Cop as a means to suggest why they tracked who they did.

--

Dol Edd wrote:Also, remember what BB said - Aegon's troops are split up so they don't know each other.

I wanted to address this specifically because I think quite a few assumptions are being made bout BB’s claimed information. Here is what BB claimed –

So apparently I recieved a letter from someone, it says that Aegon Targaryen's forces are split up so that some do not know who the others are. After some extensive research(AKA, googling Aegon Targaryen) I've come to the conclusion this is probably good knowledge for the town to know because they look like bad guys.

So I’d like BB to clarify something for me before this “Aegon team is separated” gets ingrained as gospel.

BB
- Please specify what you mean by “I received a letter” as it relates to actual mechanics. How did this information come to you, specifically?

--

Minimum wrote: p-edit: that was Mina, and I actually missed that you'd included yourself on the list (I read "myself" as part of "My list"), but 1) I would godhand myself over several of the names on that list (because clearing a group suspect is better than making sure that a widely trusted player is double-confirmed in a game with crosskills), 2) missing something like that is not even the slightest bit alignment relevant, and 3) that doesn't explain why you were pushing us to the ground on D1 but then stopped despite claiming to still suspect us. I asked because some of the players on your list were bizarre, and I wasn't sure if the problem was with your strategy or your scum/null reads. I have no problem with choosing players you'd like to have around even if they were scum, but it's a complete waste of a guaranteed sane mod investigation to use it on someone who's trusted and likely to be nightkilled.

What players on the list are bizarre? My strategy is rock solid so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Not a single name on that list is universally Town-read.

Well to point 3 – what exactly did you expect yesterday? Bvoigt was dead scum walking. I’ve already stated my case regarding you well enough that it doesn’t bear repeating. Yeah … I think you are scum. Your reaction to my self-choose has never been explained in a way that makes any sense from a Town perspective. The fact that your Day 1 wagon was very, very difficult to build in comparison to the ease with which wagons of large size formed on Feysal / Snow / Greenknight indicates you are more likely scum than Town. And let’s look at some of your bvoigt posts Day 1 –

Minimum at 455 wrote: bvoigt, you're right--that catch-up post did suck, for a number of reasons (and not because it was short).

Well that’s a whelming lack of anything concrete disguised in sentence that looks to call him scummy but actually says nothing (sucking isn’t alignment relevant, see Scumhunter for examples).

Minimum at 643 wrote: I think my reads are probably shittier than they usually are, because I'm too inclined to feel positively about people (like bvoigt and MoS) whose play looks scummy but who are defending us (either directly, or by chainsawing people who attack us). So it's hard to untangle "people who are playing toward a scum wincon" from "people I want to (metaphorically) die in a fire." It's a bad sign when I'm getting paranoid of my town reads for no reason whatsoever other than "They're voting me/don't like me/kind of looked at me funny."

Here’s a well-crafted “let’s fence-sit” post on bvoigt (also on MoS). You call his play as scummy looking (not scummy, just scummy looking) but say you think he’s Town for defending you. You’ve allowed yourself to go either way on his alignment down the line.

Minimum at 1028 wrote: Bvoigtwagon seems to me mostly a matter of him being not that strong a player but not to the point where it looks like an easy lynch. His posting seems fine to me.

I already pointed this out Day 1 – this looks very much like a partner trying to give bvoigt “Weak Player” defense points.

At you agree with Regfan’s opinion at 1096 that bvoigt is more likely Town than not for doing some ‘Town’ things.

Minimum at 1327 wrote: (By the way, PlumNacho's hop onto Shadow bugged the shit out of me. They made a huge case on bvoigt that singlehandedly started the wagon, don't ever back down from it...but then when Shadow's wagon gains momentum mostly as a counterwagon to bvoigt...without even mentioning bvoigt, they make another big case on Shadow, and hop over? This was when bvoigt hadn't said a single word in his defence. They don't even seem to have a moment of town "Hmm, should I switch wagons? Both of these are good," self-reflection. Just another giant case to persuade people onto Shadow.)

This screams buddy in trouble foreknowledge. Your slot hasn’t expressed as scum read on bvoigt. Yet you are orchestrating an attack on Plum’s slot for hopping off bvoigt to Shadow. The undercurrent here … you know that bvoigt is scum and Shadow isn’t your partner and when bvoigt eventually flips scum

Minimum at 1434 wrote: To be completely honest, I just want this on the record for postgame: if I (Mina, since this post is short enough to be ambiguous) was alone, my vote would definitely be on bvoigt right now. But I'll leave hydra dissonance out of the thread. Right now I feel that just about everyone else (well, possibly not Saporerint, since most of the towntells they've dropped don't count for much if this is multiball) who has had a major wagon on him/her today is town based on either claims or reactions.

Right here we see cute use of ‘Hydra Dissonance’ to explain why you haven’t been pushing bvoigt when the theme coming from the slot is “bvoigt isn’t scum” prior to this. Also note … not a single bit of reasons why Mina would vote bvoigt.

@Minimum
– I think I know but please indicate which of the posts I have quoted in this response were Mina written.

Minimum at 1437 wrote: So bvoigt, you coincidentally think that both the leading Choose wagon AND the leading vote wagon other than yourself are both scum? There are no doubts whatsoever in your mind?

Also, what exactly is the scum motivation for DC to behave like this? Why exactly is he trying to get towncred by his case on Lyanna? (I'm missing a step in your argument.)

In A Clash of Kings, he made Sandor Clegane and Petyr Baelish townies (where town were the Starks), and Tyrion Lannister Mafia. (He also made Melisandre a fakeclaim.) But more likely, he fucking gives scum fakeclaims. EVERY SINGLE GAME, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. So Stefan's softclaim is null at absolute best.

Furthermore, what the fuck? He hasn't actually 100% softclaimed Tyrion, anyway. It might be the language barrier.

This is annoying. I hate it when I suspect the lynch option(s) that hasn't claimed more than the lynch option who has claimed. (Personally, I'd go bvoigt>Sapo>Stefan, but my other half would probably veto this order.) I also think Feysal is moderately more likely to be scum than DC now, too (although his long reads post seemed more genuine than the one he did in Court of the Gods on the verge of being lynched).

More “Oh, I would totally vote bvoigt if CES wasn’t vetoing my righteous scum-hunting” posting.

Minimum at 1476 wrote: My gut feeling is that bvoigt is lying about his claim, but it's poor play to risk it on D1.

Pretty self-explanatory.

Minimum at 1550 wrote: No.

What information are we getting if five people go, "Shit, no time. *piles vote on him*" There is literally nothing to analyze in multiple people voting someone they don't actually suspect and using "it was deadline" as an excuse. The people on the tail end of the wagon will just be the people who happened to be online. It's completely null.

If you have doubt on Stefan's alignment, then go ahead and lynch him for the "flip". But every instinct in me is screaming that he's town...and furthermore, no one is arguing otherwise. Lynching him today when everyone thinks he's town is pointless.

Having a flip doesn't help if we already know what the flip will be.

Just because it's good play 95% of the time to lynch someone you don't suspect on D1, doesn't mean I think it's good play here.

...you know what?

VOTE: bvoigt

I don't think we should lynch bvoigt right now. But I'm leaving my vote here just in case Edd has actual information making him scum, just in case it's needed.

Read this carefully.

1. Strongly defends Stefan who was going to hang as a claimed Vanilla Day 1. Classic “scum positioning against the lynch on bad Town” play.
2. Read the last sentence – they don’t want bvoigt lynched but are voting him on the off chance Edd has ‘information’ (thus nudging Edd to claim if he is indeed an alternate Vig).

Summary – that whole sequence of post reads as partner who first wants to get pressure off the slot early on when there isn't a strong push. Later they transition to a 'bvoigt is scum' position well after he's been wagonned and Stefan was going to take the rope Day 1.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1337, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1335, Minimum wrote:(Speaking of which, BBmolla, was that information you heard in your role PM, or a mod message was just randomly sent to you in the middle of the day?)

Latter.

Gonna shower than get back to this thread with thoughts.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2042, MagnaofIllusion wrote:My questions to you – why the strong focus on Cow (now Magua) and my read on him? Do you think Magua is scum? Why did you choose me last Night?

Because I didn't see why Cow should have been town, I am trying to get a better read on that slot, and knowing why you think what you do could be helpful.

I think Magua could be scum, but he's not in my top choices at the moment.

Because I think you are probably town and a likely target for a nightkill, so a good person to protect at night.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Dolorous Edd draws his sword, a smirk on his face. Saporerint lunges for him and misses. His blade flashes out cutting Saporerint's face.
First blood.
(Totally just flavour for everytime uses a hurt)

Dolorous Edd (1) : Saporerint
Saporerint (2) : Dolorous Edd, MagnaofIllusion

Not hurting (18)
: Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal.

A majority will kill someone.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:59 am

In post 2043, BBmolla wrote:Gonna shower than get back to this thread with thoughts.

Ok thanks for the quote ...

Did anyone get a PM Day 2 that they didn't mention before? Now would be the time to fess up.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 2031, kortul wrote:And second, if Freys are the allies of Lannisters, why town will be given cop power of revealing Freys, and not the family aligned with one of the scum factions? I may be wrong about this one, though, and this may be usual thing -
those familiar with theme games on site, does it make any sense?

A weaker cop basically. Can only confirm certain people as town. Useless when finding scum. Genius really. Would be fine for any alignment.

What happened to your hydra buddy Shinori :|

Minimum (Mina/CES) - Unsure
Lyanna Stark (Tammy) - Town
Mockingjaye - Who the hell is this. ISO reveals that I have no idea in regards to alignment.
Dolorous Edd (Ser Arthur Dayne/bodean44) - Town
Staeg - Townish.
Tyene Sand (Tierce) - Town.
kortul - Gives me bad vibes. Scummy.
Shinori - Townish.
MagnaofIllusion - Townish.
Plum's Yo Mamma (Nacho/Plum) - Donno.
Magua - Scum? Yeah scum.
Regfan - Donno.
Zdenek - Town?
Benmage - Donno
Mastermind of Sin - Scum
Feysal - Scum?
Pandora (Shadoweh/Quilford) - Townish
Saporerint (Iecerint/Saporovirus) - Scum
Scumhunter - Donno
Jal - Scum

tldr, my reads suck.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Benmage »

K, Molla is scum.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:32 am

Post by BBmolla »

That's fine.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”