Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Ok this process is taking forever and a day and it doesn’t seem to be helping anyone. I’m just going to read the ISO’s and post general thoughts down here, because I’m creating walls and I hate walls. I need to just trap my thoughts down into short, concise bullet points as to what my reads are.

Dividizzle: New Town. As far as I can tell I see genuine scumhunting coming from him, even if it’s not going anywhere.

Eleison: Town. His logic makes perfect sense, even if I disagree with it. Disagreements do not equal scumtells.

Evilpacman: Null. Leaning Scum. Started out really strong and has dwindled off into obscurity.

Hiraki: Lone Wolf Anti-Town. Isn’t contributing to the overall scumhunting process. Doing his own thing, active lurking. Not very useful at all, but not scum in my eyes.

Jun: I’m thinking town at this time. His reasons for town/scum reads are horrible, and wanting to guess the set up and wonder if it’s ok in this meta to lie about your role is also quite scummy. But I’ll take it as new town trying to figure out how Mafia works here for now.

Maenara: His playstyle is very annoying. With the whole kiddie talk and “me no likey” all over the place. Can’t decide if that’s distracting scum or distracting town. But from the actual content of his posts, I’m gonna say town. He points out the inconsistencies in other peoples arguments without necessarily trying to push cases on people like scum would.

McStab: I really liked his early game strategy to get discussion going by trying to form a PM Wagon. But since then he’s dropped off the face of Mafia. He has said it’s due to school, and I get that. But his first worthwhile post back is a random off the wall case against Dividizzle? From my previous game reads that had McStab in them he seemed to be more of a town leader and very aggressive scum hunter. This time is not the case, so I’m gonna say scum.

NJAC: Null leaning town. After rereading both his and Jun’s ISO’s I can see that his defense of Jun’s play is genuine. I still don’t like his insistence that he wasn’t defending Jun, but at the moment his ISO isn’t looking to me like opportunistic scum.

Crap...I'm failing really hard at making my thoughts concise. Fuck it, more ISO's coming your way.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Pirate Mollie: This ISO confused the hell out of me because there are several posts that I did not notice during my standard read through of the thread. He seemed horribly stuck on my listing 3 players as “low hanging fruit” for like, half a dozen posts and just wouldn’t let go for a long time. I guess I’m glad I missed those posts, because I’d probably be tunneling really hard on her right now if I saw those posts and how much she’s whining that I thought three new players were scummy. Considering I’m new myself. Objectively speaking, I want to say Pirate Mollie is town. The only real interaction I see that raises red flags for me is her desperation to get Slandaar to participate in triangulation, with Slandaar distancing very heavily away from Pirate. Which at a glance looks to me like Mollie is desperately reaching out to scumpartners to trick the town into believing that they are “triangulating” as pro-town dudes working towards the betterment of the town. But Slandaar doesn’t want to get caught up in any sort of connection with Mollie lest one of them get outed early on. Everything else makes me want to say town, but this whole desperation triangulation strategy is reading scummier and scummier to me as the days go on.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 349, Hiraki wrote:You have
votes on you.

MAYBE 4.

I guess you're gonna die now.

I guess. :cry:

lol, out of all of that exchange you manage to leave out that maenara stated that I was at L5.

obfuscation is scum's tool and I don't think it is feigned. why are you leaving her alone hiraki.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Smashbard »

PMysterious: A big fat null until more posts come out from him. Seriously, there is nothing on here that let’s me know a thing. If somebody makes a case of lynch all lurkers I’d suggest PMysterious so far. But other than that I got nothing.

Shinori: Probably the King of Anti-Town. Can’t say scummy at the moment anymore. Mostly because I think at least a new scum player would replace out for the sake of his team. But he actively, annoying tells us how much he has zero interest in this game and all he’s going for is trying to Eleison lynched. I take it back Eleison, Shinori is Hiraki Jr.

Slandaar: In isolation he seems like the most pro-town person to me thus far. His problem mostly at this point is Pirate Mollie. This is by far the most intriguing situation to me. Pirate Mollie seems town, but is buddying hardcore to Slandaar. Slandaar seems town to me, but asks a lot of questions without providing a lot of answers or elaborations on his own reads. A lot of this could be solved with a Pirate Mollie flip. Depending on Mollies alignment, that’s going to ultimately determine whether or not I believe Slandaar is town or scum.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Telo: Null to Anti-Town. Hasn’t posted much of anything. What he has posted is distracting. But his whole “It would be cool to randomly guess scum” seems like a new town post to me. Time will truly tell what I think of Telo.

Theomoaner: Seemed really scummy in the beginning due to a lot of weak scumhunting. But the more the day has gone on the more effort I see coming from Theo, being one of the only guys who’s caught a lot of slips from Jun and Pirate Mollie and stuck to them. That doesn’t change my reads on Jun or Mollie, but it certainly allows me to trust that Theomoaner is town.

Thurhame: Currently in the process of getting replaced. But regardless, his early wagon hopping on Theo and then pretending like every little thing he did was scummy seemed to be like the definition of fake scumhunting. This might be a bias read due to my read of Theo being town, but until we hear something from his replacement then I’m afraid I believe this slot is scum.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Smashbard »

So to paraphrase everything into one simple list, here's my reads.

Pretty Sure Are Town:
Dividizzle.
Eleison.
Hiraki.
Jun.
Maenara.
Shinori.
Theomoaner.

Nullreads:
Evil Pacman (Leaning Scum)
NJAC (Leaning Town)
Pirate Mollie (Leaning Town)
PMysterious (Just Null)
Slandaar (Leaning Town)
Telo (Leaning Town)

Pretty Sure Are Scum:
McStab.
Thurhame.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Smashbard wrote:Not very useful at all, but not scum in my eyes.
I can not believe you of all fucking people are saying this

credibility

lost
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Smashbard »

I'm pretty sure you don't view anybody in this game as having any credibility at all. It's ok little Hiraki, you keep playing you're little one man mafia game like you're the only one who matters. Run along now little Hiraki, you're doing such a good job! Yes you are! Yes you are little Hiraki! Don't let those mean little mafia players force you to be useful, you're your own special little snow flake. Keep it up little guy!
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by Jun »

I think it's strange how Pirate Mollie is reacting badly to the pressure of votes on her. I also think it's curious how she had me down as a scum read (i.e. attacking the low hanging fruit, herself! -> self defined scum tell), and suddenly switched me to a town read that she would consider triangulating with as soon as I expressed interest in triangulation. To me the first two examples seems very scummy, and the third seems like scum trying hard to lead the daychat via triangulation and is willing to go against her prior reads in order to find enough people on board with this proposal.

Smashbard's Post #351 seems really interesting and is making me reconsider my town read on pirate mollie. Seeing stuff like this is making me consider him leaning more town than scum in my reads because he provides good insight, imo.

These recent posts have given me a worse impression of pirate mollie and a better impression of smashbard. I suppose I should go re-iso them as my next course of action, but I'm a little short on time atm.

For now at least, I'd like to see how Pirate Mollie reacts to even more pressure.
VOTE: Pirate Mollie
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by Jun »

Sorry, I forgot to unvote my previous vote. For the sake of clarity, unvoting all previous votes:
UNVOTE: Eleison
UNVOTE: Pirate Mollie

And now to revote:
VOTE: Pirate Mollie
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 357, Smashbard wrote:I'm pretty sure you don't view anybody in this game as having any credibility at all. It's ok little Hiraki, you keep playing you're little one man mafia game like you're the only one who matters. Run along now little Hiraki, you're doing such a good job! Yes you are! Yes you are little Hiraki! Don't let those mean little mafia players force you to be useful, you're your own special little snow flake. Keep it up little guy!
Smashbard wrote:Joined : July 10, 2012

damn you got me
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 360, Hiraki wrote:

damn you got me

You don't have to worry about this newbie "getting you" little Hiraki. You're a useless anti-town distraction, but you're town all the same. It's ok little Hiraki, I'll work twice as hard to make sure you don't have to do a single thing but bitch all game long. It's what you're good at after all.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Yes you got me again

I must be bitching in my posts rather than proving a point by being a sarcastic douche

In addendum, do not associate me with the word little.

I've had real life problems with that word, thanks. So I'm going to ask you to end it there now.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

there is a question for you hiraki
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Maenara »

Smashbard, stop it.

Hiraki may be bitchy all around, but you are doing personal attacks on specific players. That's not cool. Attack people's playstyles as much as you want, but don't descend to this level. That sort of behaviour is far more childish than any "Me no likey" or grouchy snarkiness, and it goes against the spirit of the game. Yes, we need to be able to get people emotional, to make them slip up, but there are limits to everything. With all due respect, I think you've overstepped that particular threshold.

...and as for Eleison making sense; are we even reading the same game?
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by Smashbard »

In post 362, Hiraki wrote:Yes you got me again

I must be bitching in my posts rather than proving a point by being a sarcastic douche

In addendum, do not associate me with the word little.

I've had real life problems with that word, thanks. So I'm going to ask you to end it there now.

My apologies. I certainly do not want to bring up bad memories for you. So I am sorry for referring to you as little.

I am sure you will understand out of respect for this game that I will simply ignore what you have to say unless I see something of actual content. Because obviously our interactions are going to prove to be a detriment to actual scumhunting from now on.

In post 364, Maenara wrote:Smashbard, stop it.

Hiraki may be bitchy all around, but you are doing personal attacks on specific players. That's not cool. Attack people's playstyles as much as you want, but don't descend to this level. That sort of behaviour is far more childish than any "Me no likey" or grouchy snarkiness, and it goes against the spirit of the game. Yes, we need to be able to get people emotional, to make them slip up, but there are limits to everything. With all due respect, I think you've overstepped that particular threshold.

...and as for Eleison making sense; are we even reading the same game?

Understood. It is perfectly ok for people like yourself, Hiraki, Eleison, and others to make derogatory attacks against new players, about how we know nothing and are useless distractions, but not ok when one of us actually fights back against your abrasive and offensive play. Duly noted.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

life has hit pretty hard. Hope to be back tomorrow evening.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Post by mykonian »

votecount

pirate mollie (5): thurhame, theomoaner, Hiraki, maenara, jun
jun (2): Telo, evilpacman
shinori (2): smashbard, pirate mollie
eleison (1): slandaar
dividizzle (1): mcstab
telo (1): eleison
slandaar (1): NJAC
mcstab (1): shinori

not voting (2): pmysterious, dividizzle

With 16 players it is 9 to lynch (8 to no lynch)

Deadline is on the 30th of september
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:25 am

Post by Eleison »

My apologies. Weekend projects, and frustration with my wife and kids and work all combined made me unable to focus and dedicate time to this game. But I'm back on the weekday grind, so I can muster up the effort and give this game my second wind.

To start. ##UNVOTE (Telo)

Yes, I still think Telo is scummy. No, I don't think Telo is the priority.

Shinori:

In post 290, Shinori wrote:I never once said I was joking. I just had a joking manner because I felt like joking around. I never said it was an RVS or a joke vote though, you just made an assumption.

Well, if you had clarified this at any point, we wouldn't have had to waste time and effort prodding you to show enthusiasm and actually explain yourself (which you did here in 2 sentences, and could've done at any point).

In post 293, Shinori wrote:
Fine lynch me. I don't care.

Cool. Anti-town. How the hell is this supposed to give us a good read of you, and a stronger read of whoever it is that you're attacking, (in this case, me)? If you can't bother to want to keep yourself in the game, then obviously your motivation is lacking, or you're preparing to throw in the towel. Either way, it's not helping anybody.

In post 282, Shinori wrote:It's meta from the only site that I know of that Elieson has played on where I play each day in mafia games with Elieson and have played with him there for months.

Therefore it's accurate.

Still no interest in this game because half of the logic stated between people isn't that good. Mine included because I'm too lazy to actually type up something to say why your scummy.

Nope. Still hanging on meta. Then not interested in working up more logic (though you do when prodded).

I dunno, I can't really tell at this point whether you're just the most anti-town player I've ever seen, or one of the scum players in the game

Jun:

In post 300, Jun wrote:Just did an ISO of this game. I'll reread it non-iso'ed later. For now this will have to do.

My reads (in no particular order):

Scum:
Eleison
– early/mid posts are completely devoid of content. I don’t like how he also won’t post his town reads because I think that it’s important to see if we can come to a consensus on some confirmed town for the triangulation. Votes what I consider a low hanging lurker fruit (Telo) who is already going to be V/LA until after the weekend. Very defensive about getting called out about his meta by Shinori.

I think Eleison is my largest suspect for now, and his flip would give town the most information, imo. I don't like how PMysterious is lurking so much, but I'll drop it for now since he is gone and my vote there obviously isn't doing anything.

Like I said, I'd rather not out my town reads unless they're on the chopping block. It gives the mafia a better idea of who's not going to be mislynched (in other words, who to kill early).

Dividizzle:

Considered following the theme of ISO'ing you, since other players are doing so, and I agree. Posting more will give us the opportunity to look at you as though you are more town or scum, but not posting as much (like you are), has blessed you with the ability to be relatively ignored. Being a wallflower does not make you town. Right now you're not really contributing. You're defending yourself. Scumhunt please.

Pirate Mollie:

Here we go.

In post 335, pirate mollie wrote:
anyways it was just an idea, I like to start on d1 cos on some sites I am nked very early and I like to try to maximise the amount of info that I can get for my team. this is a team game after all.

Did you really post this? Are you really getting info for your "team"?

In post 348, pirate mollie wrote:lol. circling the wagon.

I bet scum win more games on here than town. vt btw bet it is glaringly apparent!

voting for someone you believe is town just cos you don't like them maenara is just flat out anti-town. I think especially in an untimed game. wondering if maybe I was right with my first post as to who stood out which would be ironic cos the whole reason I joined this site and wanted to play in a completely different environment was cos I wanted to get past things like second guessing myself!!!!1!

it has been a long time since I have been the d1 lynch but the last time I was it was in an untimed game too and the reason was similar cos there was a bottlenose of info provided at the time in the game thread.

but anyway, good luck town!

Giving up at L-5? What is it with this game and antitown maneuvers? If I had a nickel, seriously. If anything, you should be policy lynched (or shot by a hypothetical Vig) for throwing in the white towel so early in the phase.

Between you and Shinori, I've seen enough of this anti-town behavior. I'm voting for you over him though because while he's gradually progressing from obvscum to possible antitown, you're doing the opposite. You're suggesting "triangulation", an easily backfire-able plan, filling the thread with posts that make sense only about half the time, and dropping crumbs left and right.

VOTE: PIRATE MOLLIE
Eleison
Eleison
Townie
Eleison
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:59 am

Post by Eleison »

trying this again.

UNVOTE: TELO

VOTE: PIRATE MOLLIE

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:41 am

Post by Slandaar »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mollie
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Since nobody else feels it's important, I'd like to point out that Pirate Mollie is at L-2.

Speaking of which.
Unvote Shinori

Mollie, if you are lynched and you flip town, who are some of your biggest scum reads at the moment? Are they or are they not currently on your wagon?

My list has you as null leaning town. So think of it as a dying wish. Who would you prefer we look into the most if you die today? Of course if I'm wrong and you flip scum none of this will be relevant. But I'm of the suspicion that your lynch at this time is based on policy and not anyone really feeling you're scum.
Telo
Telo
Goon
Telo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Telo »

Back from hunting. Real Hunting :cool:
Unpacking and cleaning needs to be done but wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm back.
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by dividizzle »

Hmmm, Mollie is getting some quick votes. Can we all get a chance to read an iso and look back at some moments from earlier before anybody adds to it?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 371, Smashbard wrote:Since nobody else feels it's important, I'd like to point out that Pirate Mollie is at L-2.

Speaking of which.
Unvote Shinori

Mollie, if you are lynched and you flip town, who are some of your biggest scum reads at the moment? Are they or are they not currently on your wagon?

My list has you as null leaning town. So think of it as a dying wish. Who would you prefer we look into the most if you die today? Of course if I'm wrong and you flip scum none of this will be relevant. But I'm of the suspicion that your lynch at this time is based on policy and not anyone really feeling you're scum.

thanks smash.

yes I think scum is on my wagon. I keep reshuffling my pile cos there is some super scummy things going on.

maenara - I can't decide if scum or retarded town. leaning scum. also she never answered my question as to why she had jun in both her town pile and scum pile.

jun - her vote switch looks terrible. leaning scum.

hiraki - he has done a couple of things that are scummy for instance his fade then re-emergence to get in on the bw early. I think his taking offence to the word "little" and him in the same sentence to be funny since he called everyone "motherfuckers" from the get go. looks like scum emotional manipulation to me.

I don't like mcstab's case on dividizzle. thurhame and telo are not getting their hands dirty. you having your vote on shinori but putting them in your town list pings hard.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”