Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Jal »

@MoI:
I want to change my Hand of God thing to be solely on Minimum.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Minimum »

Why does any of that matter, Jal? Edd is doubleplustown.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Jal »

Well, I do think he is probably town.

I'm mostly frustrated and surprised what he says actually gets anywhere.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:36 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 2149, Jal wrote:

Get your "unnecessarily aggressive" crap out of here. Reread the thread and come back to me also. Or instead of standing on the sidelines today, just vote for me so we can
just make sure
what my alignment is because I am really sick of your "I DUNNO HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS" shenanigans.

Hmmm...first off I don't take orders from anyone, so yeah. I'll let you keep your head this time though, I'm nothing if not benevolent. :p Annnnnnnd you are proving my point about your unnecessary aggression. I'm making an observation, one that I've been noticing and have been trying to make sense of. You don't like people commenting on the way your interacting with others and noting the oddities? You do realize you're playing mafia right and thats the point?

Eh, not standing on the sidelines, so I'm not sure your point. Also, why do you want me to vote you so badly. Why do you want edd to vote you so badly? Or why do you want us to think you want us to vote you so badly. You do realize that he has a scum read on stage too and that you're not the center of his world, right? What do you make of his alignment that he decided stage should be lynched today and not tomorrow according to his plan? I can, to a certain extent, understand some of your frustration if you're town and edds coming after you. He's pretty persistent but he's always reevaluating so it doesn't phase me one bit that he's switching up his lists.

Why would I vote for you when I haven't decided if I believe your attitude is reminiscent of scum attempting to replicate an innocent aggressive playstle and failing miserably or a frustrated innocent who's a bit newish and trying to keep up and is lashing put at anyone who comments on them.

Reaaaaallllllyyyyy couldn't care less if your sick of me not being sure about some things. I'm not going to force reads for you or anyone. I care more about trying to be as accurate as I can. Sometimes it comes quickly, other times it takes more thought.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Minimum »

Who are your suspects here, Jal? (You don't have to mention Staeg although it's worth pointing out that the Mason point is pretty weak.)
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 2152, Jal wrote:Well, I do think he is probably town.

I'm mostly frustrated and surprised what he says actually gets anywhere.

If you think he's town, why the attitude? If you thik he's town then you have to believe his suspicions are genuine. Therefore, the cocky aggressive how dare you attitude doesn't make as much sense and you seem to be fighting for the sake of fighting.

Why are you frustrated and surprised anything he says gets anywhere and how do you see anything he says getting anywhere? He's been calling you scum, and I only remember two, at max, others saying this as well. (this is from memory and could be wrong. Feel free to point out where I was mistaken, and note I don't care about being. Wrong so no reason to rant about that either).
Winter is Coming

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:53 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 2122, Staeg wrote:And another thing: are we agreed that I have something that investigates stuff (aka do you think that me and shinori aren't buddies, and even if we are, it goes a bit further)? This goes to everyone.

Possibly? I mean it makes the most sense. And shinori's not behaving like scum so it makes sense? But I'm not understanding the point of the question.

I don't thik the investigation choices are bad given the reasons though. I think most of the games I've played in peoples choices have been called absolute crap, so I don't think that's a fair point being brought against you.
Winter is Coming

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 2143, Jal wrote:
Eduardo, I am not interested in your little diatribes. I am asking you a question on something you have not fully explained. Just straight-up give me an answer instead of giving me this accusatory word vomit. Perhaps I don't quite understand the mechanics of your role. I want you to explain it to me before going any further down this line of discussion.

I'll make it clear as to what I was trying to get at though.

Why aren't you voting for me? If I am scum, why aren't you doing much about it? You call me scum, but you really don't do very much about it other than arbitrarily defining actions of mine as being scummy. You say things here and there, but you don't really
push
it. You don't actively engage in trying to get me gone. I seem to be just "there."

Okay, I'll put it in the most basic way I possibly can, and then I'm going to stop continuing this utterly pointless conversation.

Dol Edd here suspects you.

Unfortunately, since there is more than one scum in this game, Edd has other suspects too.

In the same world Edd has been living in, there is also this other dude - let's call him Sapo - who made it pretty obv that he is scum.

When it came time for Edd to use his ability, instead of going after someone he suspects, he decided it was best to go after someone who was obv scum by helping the town save one day, instead of Edd deciding on a person from his suspicions and having the obv scum be the lynch.

Edd still has many suspects. And he is not retarded. He knows who can likely get lynched in a given day, and who can't. He knows Player A - let's call him Staeg - is one of his suspects, and he also sees that they are likely to be able to get today.

He also knows that player B - let's call him Jal - while also being one of his suspects, does not really have a chance to get lynched today.

He also knows (as you should prob know) that Player B - or Jal as we called him above - has a very low chance of getting anywhere near LyLo. He will get lynched sooner or later.

So, Edd decided (rather wisely if I say so myself) to push one of his suspects who can possibly get lynched today and then keep his other suspects for others days, since, you know, they're not going anywhere.

PS: "Perhaps I don't quite understand the mechanics of your role. I want you to explain it to me before going any further down this line of discussion."

^ Hi Staeg 2.0. Any other people going to try hardcore rolefishing this game? Please come out now and support your committee here.

Why do you want to know how my role works? So you know when to kill me? Or when to roleblock me? Or what?

In post 2143, Jal wrote:
There is nothing to explain with that question other than it's very unlikely Staeg as scum would claim his real role (by role I mainly meant character in regard to Kortul but I guess also role). Yes. I believe he at the very least has a similar role. I already said I am leaning to MoI's opinion in that he is probably a role cop of some sort.

The thing to explain is
why
it is "very unlikely Staeg as scum would claim his real role ". I mean, Wyman Manderly is very in the gray area. I really don't believe that would be given as a fake-claim. Like Regfan said, I am positive that what the character he claimed is his real character. But it can still go either way.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1971, Minimum wrote:Could you explain your jailvotes, Feysal and MoS?

I got outvoted on how to use the jailvote, so as to make my vote hopefully actually matter, I picked someone I had relatively high on my town list, aka Minimum.

In post 2029, Staeg wrote:
In post 2028, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Staeg is by almost all accounts likely some sort of Role-Cop and made up the "Frey Cop" claim in a panic knowing his links to bvoigt (which I pointed out yesterday) were strong. No chance in hell he is getting Godhanded.

In panic? I was well aware that if I wasn't getting lynched today, then tomorrow. I had 2-3 nights/days to plan for this. What the hell are you trying to say?

Something about this response reads "I've been preparing my fakeclaim for 2-3 days now, how dare you claim that I panicked!" It's a common response for scum to get indignant about being called scum for something that doesn't actually apply, even though they are actually still scum.

Vote: Staeg

Godhand: Plum, MoI, Tierce, Feysal
Permanent V/LA.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Magua »

Godhand: Plums Yo Mama

Moving Jal to Townieland because of his spat with Dolorous Edd. Moving Lyanna down towards scum. Still fine with a Staeg lynch for today.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Post by kortul »

My thoughts after the reread of bvoigt, Salamence, Saporeint, some ISO's on those voting them and protecting them, and the reread of events of Day 1 since the Plum case (and first vote) on bvoigt.

If all Aegon members know each other
, then Starbuck and Mockingjaye best fit as possible Aegon members.

Starbuck.
Saporeint in 1186 comes with town read on her, but his wording is pretty vague - "Somehow I come away thinking she's likely town, though -- this is too much like asking for it to come from scum." It also leaves him room to invert this read later, if needed. I already told about certain similarities of bvoigt comments on Starbuck and Sala/Sapo, it cannot be intentional, but if they were both his partners, this could be subconscious thing. And she ignored both slots and their wagons.

Mockingjaye
(11 posts total, so less sure about her). There were no interactions, no opinions from bvoigt and Sapo on her, and she managed to avoid them as well, concentrating on her own targets. At the end of Day 1 she appeared whenever there was an alternative wagon.

Less likely fit, but still possible are BBmola and Jal. While BBmola was consistent in his scum read on Sala/Sapo, he insisted that "This Bvoigt lynch is awful and pushed by scum.", yet made no serious attempts to defend bvoigt or recruit more votes for Sala wagon. Both Sala and Sapo had him as town read. As for Jal, i don't like that he made no attempt to vote (push) Sapo wagon when he thought that Sapo is scum (maybe that's just a difference in our approach to the game and he really believed that wagon was dying), and delayed with bvoigt read until the last moment.

If not all Aegon members know each other
, then i can also see Plums Yo Mamma as possible Aegon member. Their stance on Salamence was peculiar. In 1085 they say, that "would be more than happy with 2 of {Sala, Bvoigt, greenknight} offed today.", and in the same post "Sala must show up. Dammit.", which means that their read isn't as strong as they claim it to be (and later references to Sala prove that). After the replacement the only mentioning of the slot on day 1 was "saporint hydra is already obvtown, which is pretty cool."

After the day 2 slip from Sapo Plum said that "sapo is scum, yeah." (1758), but then were against full claim on day 2 in 1772, and finished with "I don't feel uncomfortable giving Saporient the benefit of the doubt for the nonce, as it happens." (1853). It feels like an attempt to give the partner time to come up with a decent explanation, at the same time claiming suspicion.

Sapo on Day 1 was "I think Plum's case on bvoight was a misrepresentation", yet Plum never made it to his scum read. And, Sapo tied his flip to someone else - "If Plum ever flips scum, I would look extra hard at Hyperion/Shinori".

On the other hand, Plum case and stance on bvoigt look natural through all the game, so if Aegon members know each other, then Plum is unlikely to be in that faction, imho. Since Plum is the most likely candidate to be subjected to Victarion's awesomeness today, guess the point is moot and his alignment will be known without setup guesses. Still, i want this godhand thing to be completed first, to understand whether i can rely that Plum alignment will be known and ignore these suspicions.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by kortul »

To continue MoI work i will update current unofficial godhand vote. Since my candidates are not popular choices, i don't mind clearing my suspicions of Plum via godhand, or join the company on Minimum.

GODHAND PSUEDO VOTE COUNT

MoI (5) – MoI, Pandora, kortul, Mjaye, MoS
Tyene (6) – MoI, kortul, Zdenek, Plum, MoS, Lyana
Plum [2](12) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Staeg, Plum, Dol Edd, BBMolla, Mjaye,
Regfan
, Lyana, MoS, kortul

Magua (7) – MoI, Pandora, kortul, Zdenek, Plum, Mjaye, Lyana
Regfan (2) – MoI, Mjaye
Benmage (7) – MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum, MJaye, Lyana
MoS (7) – MoI, Pandora, Minimum, Regfan, Plum, MJaye, Lyana
Minimum (10) - MoI, Pandora, Dol Edd, Zdenek, Plum, Jal, Feysal, BBMolla,
Regfan
, kortul

Feysal (2) – Lyana, MoS

No Current Preference – Tyene, Shinori, Scumhunter

It takes 11 Godhands to finalize the event for everyone but Plum.
Plum takes 9 Godhands since Benmage and Magua has already voted.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by kortul »

@Staeg - when you said "I'll probably answer kortul's question later", did you mean "probably answer" or "probably later"? Because my answer to your first part was in my previous posts already, and i want to understand the second part, since you believe they are logically connected.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Godhand: Plum’s Yo Mamma

It pretty clearly has shaken out to between these two and I would much rather Plum Yo be Godhanded than Minimum. And since MoS is too lazy to bother to read the thread and see that continuing to pile regular votes on Staeg BEFORE the Godhand is finalized is stupid I don’t want to put it off any longer and risk herp-a-derp blowing of the ability.

FOS - MoS
(hey, that's a little rhyme thing too ... nice)

--

Staeg has a question in to answer if he’s Town. If he is Scum he should feel free to ignore it.

--

Jal wrote: Feel free to catch-up and read the rest of the thread to understand what I was getting at. Yeah, I think there's a possibility he's not being honest in his scum read towards me. It doesn't feel like he actually thinks I am scum. Glad we have you to keep us on the ball in that regard, though. Might have gotten confusing for everybody else skipping the walls.

Also, I never said that him having multiple scum reads in a multi-scum game is scummy. I never said or implied or even tried being "outrageous" somehow makes me town nor did I say that to make me seem town. That is only you trying to imply these things onto me. Why ask pointless questions which were never implicated? Get this nonsense out of here. If you're going to try to make up some things to paint me unnecessarily scummy, at least have it be based on something.

Well putting aside the pointless “Oh, you are so stupid” tone that pervades this response let’s get down to brass tacks.

There is no point to your question to Dol Ed if you think he is Town. Your question clearly meant to indicate that you found his play and read on you was suspect. Dismissing it with “I never intended that to get out” handwaving isn’t a defense. Yes, your question did assert in an indirect manner that his read on you was scummy for not Dueling you today.

Here’s my issues – you claim to be Town. Dol Ed chose actively to duel Aegon scum as opposed to you. I would have more than likely supported Dol Ed if he chose you. I’m guessing many other players would as well given the responses to you in thread. So what I am seeing is you having an issue with his choice of not Dueling Town you as opposed to Scum which I don’t see as making much sense.

Further that you have a problem with his wanting to lynch Staeg (who you also have a scum-read on per your vote) as opposed to you today doesn’t make sense to me from a Town perspective. You seem more focused on discrediting his scum-read on you as opposed to reading his alignment.

Your reactions to Tammy and myself follow a pattern I am seeing – very reactionary play. Perhaps it is you getting acclimated to the site … I can’t tell.

Jal wrote: I'm mostly frustrated and surprised what he says actually gets anywhere.

And this is why I’m now turning my attention your way. You’ve spent tremendous energy calling out Dol Ed and anyone who questions you on why you are doing that as opposed to hunting scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:03 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

A thrall is an indentured servant in the Iron Islands. Thrall may only be obtained by paying the "iron price" (capturing them by raiding) under the Old Way. They are not slaves since they may not be sold and they may not be obtained by paying the "gold price." Their children may be free if they are drowned to the Drowned God. House Codd is descended from thralls and salt wives.

Day 3, Votecount 8

Staeg (7) - Pandora, Minimum, Dolorous Edd, Magua, Jal, Mockingjaye. Mastermind of Sin

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Scumhunter
kortul (1) - Plums Yo Mamma
Minimum (1) - MagnaofIllusion
Tyene Sand (1) - Zdenek

Not Voting (9):
Lyanna Stark, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, Benmage, Feysal, Pandora, BBmolla, Regfan

With 20 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)
Tyene Sand is V/la. Mockingjaye is V/la

Day 3, Godhand Count

Victarion had become impatient. He fondlef his axe as he would a lover (rough and not for very long) and walked back and forth, pacing. Which one of these would be thralls would come dance with death, with him? He could crush them, but it amused him greater to play their game.

Plums Yo Mamma (2): Benmage, MagnaofIllusion

Not Godhanding (29):
Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Dolorous Edd, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal

With 20 alive it takes 11 to Godhand. No Majority = No...um Godhand

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)

My internet is still down, so Nexus will still be around to look after stuff.
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 am

In post 2164, Eddard Stark wrote:Staeg (7) - Pandora, Minimum, Dolorous Edd, Magua, Jal, Mockingjaye. Mastermind of Sin

So it would fantastic if a couple of you could unvote until Godhand is finalized.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 am

In post 2159, Magua wrote:Godhand: Plums Yo Mama

ITT we discover that Magua is Red-Black colorblind.

Yes, that's sarcasm people.

Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:07 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 2142, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Staeg - so is Shin scum?

Might very well be. Not sure what everyone finds so town about him, and a voyeur/follower wouldn't surprise me as scum.

Kortul, I meant that I might answer it later (depending on what happens in-thread, obv). I'll answer it after I wake up and if ~things~ don't happen.
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Staeg »

GODHAND Plums Yo Momma
sa vrede?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 am

In post 2167, Staeg wrote:Might very well be. Not sure what everyone finds so town about him, and a voyeur/follower wouldn't surprise me as scum.

Well that's a very nice "maybe" answer but doesn't really match your reaction to his claim. In all your post regarding Shin where you explain your actions you make not a peep that his choice was in any way suspect. Your post treat him as a Town Powerrole giving results.

Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Dolorous Edd »

UNVOTE:

GODHAND: Plum's Yo Mamma
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Magua »

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

GODHAND: PLUM'S
FARADAY'S
YO MOAMA
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:29 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Prodding Pandora
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:09 am

Post by kortul »

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

Kortul is scum too. He's theorizing about the Aegon not being split up which is just retarded and an attempt to look busy. Why would I make that up if I was scum? What benefit does that have? Or why would someone send a letter with fake information like that?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”