Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Hey let me have my fun!
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

The Ashford Tourney took place in the year 209 AL. It is one of the most famous tourneys, due to the death of the Hand of the King. Lord Ashford staged the tourney to celebrate his daughters thirteenth name day. His daughter was the Queen of Love and Beauty and would have five champions to defend her honor. All entrants would otherwise be challengers but if anyone defeated the a champion, they would take their place as the new champion. After three days of jousting, the remaining champions would determine if Lord Ashford's daughter retained the title of Queen or if another would wear it.

Day 4, Votecount 2

4nx3ty (1) - Minimum
Benmage (1) Lyanna Stark

Not Voting (15):
4nxi3ty, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline
: 6th October at 19:30am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-10-06 14:30:47)
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 2272, Benmage wrote:Lets hope for your case thats a real read. (Albeit terrible) And not just "
he won't answer my question the way I want herpderp" *takes ball and leaves*

Oh for my sake! I have a tendency to attribute blatant obtuseness to town, but I seem to remember you bragging about your scum game, which would mean that you have the capability of pulling that off as scum as well. No herpderp about it. If I can't make a determination of you from your answer to a simple question, I'll figure out another way to. And, no I didn't have a read on you either way, hence why I asked. If I had a town read on you, I probably wouldn't have even asked you about that. Well, maybe I would have but meh who knows.

In post 2273, Benmage wrote:Actually sure. Why am I scum?

OH! We're supposed to start voting for people we think are scum??? I wasn't aware of that. I thought we could just vote for anyone, even if we thought it was likely to be a mislynch, if we had ~reasons~. Glad you cleared that one up.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 2274, Minimum wrote:Not helpful, Tammy. Just play around benmage and vote for the evil mockingjaye; it's what all the cool people are doing.

But yesterday all the cool people were voting for the "evil" Staeg, and look where that got us. Besides, I'm not sure on Mockingjaye. I re-read through her this morning, and with the exception of her not being on one of the major choose wagons, I'm not seeing a whole lot of alarms. I need to re-read again though, but for some reason I didn't think she fit with Sapo/sala/bvoigt, I can't remember why I thought that though, so this might be negated when I read again. The not being on either of the major choose wagons would only make sense if she DCL and Feysal were partnered though, because why wouldn't she just choose Feysal if partnered with DCL?
Winter is Coming

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Or even choose DCL to make herself look good. I don't get why she'd choose you guys when your choose wagon had died down.
Winter is Coming

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2277, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 2273, Benmage wrote:Actually sure. Why am I scum?

OH! We're supposed to start voting for people we think are scum??? I wasn't aware of that. I thought we could just vote for anyone, even if we thought it was likely to be a mislynch, if we had ~reasons~. Glad you cleared that one up.

Your sarcasm is a good way to dodge of the question.

You have no reason to think I'm scum, but are mad I didn't answer the question the way you wanted and are still pouting... how cute.

In post 2277, Lyanna Stark wrote: And, no I didn't have a read on you either way, hence why I asked. If I had a town read on you, I probably wouldn't have even asked you about that. Well, maybe I would have but meh who knows.

Well iso the 90 pages of content. And go with that, than 1 questions...ZzzZZzZzz getbetr.

Yeah my scum games perfect. So you think I'd come out and say "I felt that would be a mislynch"...and not have a bangup reason?

Note this, if I was scum: I'm several steps ahead of you.

Is this back n forth benefiting the game?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Benmage »

@Lyanna who is your top 3 scum reads?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:55 am

Post by Benmage »

^Oh also if you could list your top 3 from yesterday (if its different)

Thank you.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Pandora »

I don't remember Minimum claiming an investigative role either. I see someone already cleared it up though.
Re: greenknight, I vaguely recall him looking like the best of the options at the time.

Greyscaling a PR sounds.. counterproductive. Hah, you can't kill them, we killed them first! Like the Death Note movie. We should just act like this is a regular lynch. I don't think there are any easy targets left. I think Anxiety trying to get us to murder Shinori is slightly scummy though.

Oh my god please stop this is the dumbest thing.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:58 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Enacting ignore Benmage as suggested now.

Hahahahah...if you think I'm going to answer questions from you Benmage when you refuse to answer a simple one from me.

I don't answer to others. Silly peasants should know that by now.
Winter is Coming

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:07 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2284, Lyanna Stark wrote:Enacting ignore Benmage as suggested now.

Hahahahah...if you think I'm going to answer questions from you Benmage when you refuse to answer a simple one from me.

I don't answer to others. Silly peasants should know that by now.

Ugh I thought you might be a bitch about this.

FINE.

Lets see. Staeg lynch? Well yeah I thought he was more likely town than scum. Pretty sure I hinted as much or atleast counterered some of the complaints against him. Namely the questioning of Manderly's alignment (which was retarded). Anyways. Like I said more town than scum... what does that mean? Was I 100% sure he was town... hellls no. Let say 60-40. 40% chance of flipping scum is still pretty solid. Especially since I haven't done recent analyzing, nor really wantedto/felt the need to. There were several prominent players against Staeg. I felt like his lynch proposal would've been a recurring theme. PoE was against him imo. And there was no strong alternative wagon. (Did answering this question do anything?)

Now, I would appreciate it if you answer my question.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Pandora »

Cruising through MockingJaye's posts but first I wanna ask a simple question.

In post 2247, Zdenek wrote:Shinori gets one post to explain himself.

Why?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:11 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2218, Feysal wrote:I see Staeg just got hammered. Under the circumstances, I will finish reading during the night phase, and post what I have now.

In post 2209, Minimum wrote:MoS and Feysal... the fact that you apparently had a town read on us doesn't justify your jail. There was 1) no chance whatsoever that we were getting nightkilled on N2 (since quite a few people wanted to lynch us) and 2) no chance that a jailkeep wagon was going to happen on us. What was the purpose of your strategy?

There was no strategy. I had no idea who was likely to gather votes other than Shinori, and I did not want to vote him because I was fairly sure no scum would try to kill him for that precise reason. I would have been fine with any of my town reads being jailkept, and you had risen to strong town at the end of day one, so I picked you. I was not really aware how many people thought the same, or how many did not.

It is also about Shinori that I want to talk about. I don't think his claim adds up. He claimed to be a type of tracker that learns the nature of the action but not its target. That role is called a follower, and I'm sure Faraday should have known that and used the correct role name instead of sort-of-like-tracker-but-not-really. Another thing is that he claimed that his information would implicate someone as scum with bvoigt, or possibly bvoigt as town, and I don't see how his ability would provide links to bvoigt or anyone else. He was asked to explain his thought process, to which he replied simply that he thought his result made Staeg more suspicious. Why? All that ability would have told him is that Staeg investigated someone. Without even knowing who that was, I don't see how Shinori could begin to speculate on scum investigative roles.

In case Staeg is scum and was forced to claim his true role like Regfan theorized, I could easily see Shinori in the other scum team. His story simply does not make any sense.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Minimum »

In post 2278, Lyanna Stark wrote:But yesterday all the cool people were voting for the "evil" Staeg, and look where that got us. Besides, I'm not sure on Mockingjaye. I re-read through her this morning, and with the exception of her not being on one of the major choose wagons, I'm not seeing a whole lot of alarms. I need to re-read again though, but for some reason I didn't think she fit with Sapo/sala/bvoigt, I can't remember why I thought that though, so this might be negated when I read again. The not being on either of the major choose wagons would only make sense if she DCL and Feysal were partnered though, because why wouldn't she just choose Feysal if partnered with DCL?

Sample size of 1 is meaningless.

Anxijay is scum because:
1) deliberate narrow focus (in multiball)
2) not being her obvtown self
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 am

Post by Jal »

Prod dodging until I have more time to read a few pages after lunch.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 am

Post by Minimum »

1) is also why Jal is scum (and the associated scum mindset does also go some way to explaining her weird behaviour around Edd Yesterday.)

P-edit: Hi.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 am

Post by Pandora »

Eh for the sake of not arguing someone else's defense I'll wait for Shinori to answer the main questions (Which seem to be 'why did he think Staeg being a rolecop implies bvoight town and why he didn't claim his role name). I think since it came after Staeg's hammer it looks more like lining up lynches in a Staeg was town therefore Shinori must be a scum kind of way.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:20 am

Post by Pandora »

- All of these are Shadoweh for the Attitude-impaired btw. Quilford had some emergency thingy come up so unless it's signed by him it's probably me
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Benmage »

I still don't see why Shinori hasn't claimed all his results.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Yes, it did. Because the morning of the lynch I was a little surprised to see you voting for him when you had countered the issue about the fake claims/role issue. And I'm trying to make sense of everyone right now. Now, do I think that you would, as scum, go yeah I thought that would be a mislynch. Probably not, but I have a whole swathe of people I have pretty much no read on at the moment.

So, to answer your question, I don't know right now. I've been fairly useless with scum reads this game and part of that is because of how the game has gone, and I tend to be a bit cautious with reads anyway, especially when I make a lot of mistakes in a recent game. I tend to get lazy when we have confirmed scum. So, day two was basically about the bvoigt lynch and waiting to see what he flipped, then the first part of yesterday was about sapo/edd and waiting to see what they flipped then the godhand. I was just starting to get back to re-reading and analyzing the game when you guys piled up on Staeg Wednesday, which is especially annoying after I spent a good chunk of time on Wednesday looking at Staeg and his connections to sapo/sala/bvoigt. And I don't read in night, so I'm pretty much starting from scratch again right now. I have people I feel really good about (Regfan, Pandora, BBMolla, Zdenek) then people I feel relatively good about to varying degrees (Magua, Minimum, Tyene, Plum and you actually). Then there's everyone else that I'm unsure of and I need to spend time looking at.

And this was a longer answer than you probably wanted or needed and now I'm late to throw some d20s and kill things.

I only voted for you to see what your reaction would be though and see if your reaction would help me with my read on you. I'm going to leave it while I'm out though because it looks pretty there.
Winter is Coming

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

^^^to Benmage
Winter is Coming

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Benmage »

Your Paragraph on reads pretty much sums up the answer to why I voted him. Which is why I questioned the questioning of my vote. There was a lot of "going through the motions" the past recent days. The obv bvoigt lynch. The duel, the godhand etc etc...but all that doesn't really mean people couldn't, or shouldn't have been pursuing scum reads.

And as I said.. there was no alternative wagon imo, and I felt Staegs lynch would've been a recurring theme.

Lots of analyzable information to go off of now.

Plus we have a godhand tomorrow which will be fun.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:22 am

Post by kortul »

@
Shinori
, i'd like to hear more about your thought process and conclusions.

During day 1 Staeg was your town read(750), then changed to scum read (1185), partially meta based (1413). You checked your scum read at night, and found out that he "performed an investigative role on N1" (1992). In 1623 you said "I think I actually have info that potentially pegs someone as scum along with BVO. It could implicate bvo as town though".
How your investigation was connected with bvoigt?
In 1992 you said "I'm the type of tracker thing that tracks a person and learns what they did that night but not to who they did it to."
What exactly do you learn? The name of the ability that was used, or just the type (ivestigative, protective, etc)?

In post 2249, Shinori wrote:I jumped to conclusions and thought scum role cop
along with something I can't quite say cause rules
, it seemed like he was following his scum meta to me partially. That and his play and connections/reactions didn't look good to me. So I thought he was scum. I pushed what I thought was scum.
What was that part about rules?

And can you elaborate on meta part, you mentioned it twice, on Day 1 and Day 3.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:57 am

Post by kortul »

Thought about Greyscale - essentially it is a delayed lynch, that also makes someone a doublevoter in process (and we can't control the second part as well).
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Shinori »

For what it matters, I am Aenys Frey. My ability is called Frey power.

The person i targeted night 1 was staeg and he investigated.
Night 2 no report.
Night 3 my target did nothing.

In-depth stuff later because I'm busy and stuff. Just wanted to get a quick post in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”