Micro 34: Bay Cruise Normal Mafia (Day 3- Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I don't know. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but I don't see the point of that closing of "withholding comment on the rest". You're anticipating a question on "an event that's taken up a decent portion of the topic"? Maybe I'm forcing myself to scumhunt too hard, but that just sounds really fake to me. Over-defensive and premeditated.

Like, what were you going to say? "I cover all contingencies with my closing statement. You can't call me scum because I said that I was withholding comment on anything else!" And what did you think you didn't cover adequately?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Empire »

I didn't think I covered the whole Baldanders/roflcopter/username interaction from earlier adequately.

I can see how you would view it as overly defensive but the name of the game for me is to be as transparent as possible with what I'm thinking on pretty much everything.

If you want to continue this discussion, I don't mind, but I'm more interested in hearing your reads thus far on the others.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, from as early on as we are, I'd say projectmatt and Verity are both suspect to me. I think they're both most responsible for holding this thread up and making activity suffer. I want to see what comes of Baldanders vs Michel. CDB needs to post more. I feel okay with username and rofl right now.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Post by Empire »

What is it that's making you feel okay with Username and roflcopter? Because...I don't know, man, I'm having a hard time finding anything with those two.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

username is acting bold and affirmative. rofl is asking questions and standing his ground. Both of them have given me good vibes.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hi.

I don't think Micheal is scum. I think he's town actually, at least his whole "analyze everything to the point of nonsense" personality/attitude rings as town.

In post 34, Baldanders wrote:god forbid anybody stray from the d1 quickwagon

tell me, how is a michel lynch not viable?

is awkward/his push sucks

Empire is pending town.

In post 45, Empire wrote:Just
I also have a weak-ish townread on projectmatt at the moment, partially based on ancient off-site meta. I found his reaction to be very natural. .

My reaction to what?

In post 52, RedCoyote wrote:Well, from as early on as we are, I'd say projectmatt and Verity are both suspect to me. I think they're both most responsible for holding this thread up and making activity suffer. I want to see what comes of Baldanders vs Michel. CDB needs to post more. I feel okay with username and rofl right now.

Explain to me, RedCoyote, how on earth you feel that I am in fact responsible for holding the game up because I had not posted in 48 hours?

Also, your push on Empire is poor, in my opinion.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Empire »

Basically, projectmatt, I find it unlikely that #6, #10, and #18 (especially the latter two) would have come from you as scum.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

projectmatt - Why does Michel's personality make him town? Overanalysing sounds like - and you make it sound like - something that he would do as both town and scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Empire »

@CDB:
What do you think of Baldanders since he has posted some content?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm

He's not the scummiest person I've ever seen but I'm always wary of people attacking a convenient style rather than an actual alignment tell - Michel seems like one of those where, if they can get a wagon going early based on style, it suits scum big-time. I'm happy with my vote on him at the moment (plus that page 1 stuff was pretty bad).
#greenshirtthursdays
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

Verity (4)
: RedCoyote, Empire, roflcopter, projectmatt
roflcopter (2)
: MichelSableheart, iamausername
Empire
: Verity
MichelSableheart
: Baldanders
Baldanders
: ChannelDelibird

Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.[/b]

Deadline is Tuesday, October 2, 5:00 PM EST: (expired on 2012-10-02 17:00:00)
Last edited by gorckat on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

matt 55 wrote:Explain to me, RedCoyote, how on earth you feel that I am in fact responsible for holding the game up because I had not posted in 48 hours?

Come on, matt. Every post prior to this one has been fluff (Verity vote notwithstanding, but that's why I'm making this argument to begin with... holding the thread up with posts like that).

---

CDB 59 wrote:He's not the scummiest person I've ever seen but I'm always wary of people attacking a convenient style rather than an actual alignment tell - Michel seems like one of those where, if they can get a wagon going early based on style, it suits scum big-time. I'm happy with my vote on him at the moment (plus that page 1 stuff was pretty bad).

I had to check a couple of times to make sure I was reading this comment right. You're suspect of Baldanders for attacking Michel purely on his posting style (as you'd argue), but you admit that Michel's style is conducive to successful scum games. If that's the case, why fault Baldanders for acting on that? Or am I missing something?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:00 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

In post 41, roflcopter wrote:
In post 38, MichelSableheart wrote:The lack of explanation for his pmatt FoS rather then vote,

can you really not tell that it was a joke? i qft'd a random vote

That's still no explanation.

If you had voted pmatt, I would not have batted an eyelid. Joke voting without thought happens all the time in the early game (unfortunately). However, placing a FoS in the early game is significantly more unsual. The only reason I can think of to place a FoS is if you don't want to place a vote for some reason. So why wouldn't you want to place a vote on pmatt? If you had wanted to see the reaction to your original vote, you would probably have said so rather then ignoring and brushing away the point. The same is true for other pro-town reasoning. Only when your motives are dubious (for example, not wanting to vote a scumpartner) would I expect you to avoid the issue.

Empire's "withholding comment" seems an attempt to be thorough rather then artificially pumping a post. Considering the amount of content already present in #45, there's no reason for him to add fluff.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 62, MichelSableheart wrote:If you had voted pmatt, I would not have batted an eyelid. Joke voting without thought happens all the time in the early game (unfortunately). However, placing a FoS in the early game is significantly more unsual. The only reason I can think of to place a FoS is if you don't want to place a vote for some reason. So why wouldn't you want to place a vote on pmatt? If you had wanted to see the reaction to your original vote, you would probably have said so rather then ignoring and brushing away the point. The same is true for other pro-town reasoning. Only when your motives are dubious (for example, not wanting to vote a scumpartner) would I expect you to avoid the issue.

i didn't want to change my vote. it seemed like something fun and different to do. you're seriously making a mountain out of a molehill on this one. why do you keep pounding this point? its almost like you're using it as an excuse to ignore most of the rest of the the action.

redcoyote is town. thats by far my strongest read. i'm still happy with my verity vote.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:10 am

In post 61, RedCoyote wrote:
CDB 59 wrote:He's not the scummiest person I've ever seen but I'm always wary of people attacking a convenient style rather than an actual alignment tell - Michel seems like one of those where, if they can get a wagon going early based on style, it suits scum big-time. I'm happy with my vote on him at the moment (plus that page 1 stuff was pretty bad).

I had to check a couple of times to make sure I was reading this comment right. You're suspect of Baldanders for attacking Michel purely on his posting style (as you'd argue), but you admit that Michel's style is conducive to successful scum games. If that's the case, why fault Baldanders for acting on that? Or am I missing something?

You've misunderstood me - I'm saying that Michel's style is one that scum might think they could use as the basis for a bullshit early wagon. I'm not saying that Michel's style makes him more likely to be scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Baldanders
Baldanders
Townie
Baldanders
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Baldanders »

empire - yeah michel looks better after his #38 but the town go-getting isn't genuine. "yo" was generic first post tripe, very few possible explanations for that and zero would be useful. question for michel: how would answers from me, cdb and pmatt have affected your reads on us?

redcoyote - how does your read on matt hold up after his content post

don't see scum intent in roflcopter making a fake fos then defending it to death. would actually attribute this to silly town.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by gorckat »

Verity has not picked up either PM sent to them and has not been on site in ~85 hours. Looking for replacement.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by gorckat »

Verity is replaced.

zoroaster replaces Verity.

Long live zoroaster.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Empire »

Zoroaster, how far into your stomach did your heart sink when you got a scum PM?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

zoroaster(4)
: RedCoyote, Empire, roflcopter, projectmatt
roflcopter (2)
: MichelSableheart, iamausername
Empire
: zoroaster
MichelSableheart
: Baldanders
Baldanders
: ChannelDelibird

Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.[/b]

Deadline is Tuesday, October 2, 5:00 PM EST: (expired on 2012-10-02 17:00:00)
Last edited by gorckat on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

Greetings everyone. I will read this thread swiftly.

Roflcopter wrote:this is a very good point

fos: projectmatt
May I inquire onto why you didn't vote him? You are suspicious of him, no?

In post 11, ChannelDelibird wrote:UNVOTE: projectmatt
VOTE: iamausername

Die.
May I ask why you would attack his position rather than Roflcopter's? I believe that roflcopter's stance is scummier. Not only did Roflcopter agree with Projectmatt without telling anyone why(to be fair, this isn't the strongest claim I have) but Roflcopter only FoS'd. His vote is still in RVS yet he can make a serious FoS? I don't buy it. I sense fear in his gameplay.

In post 20, ChannelDelibird wrote:UNVOTE: iamausername
VOTE: Baldanders
I can agree with this stance. However, why the sudden shift from calling iamausername scum to this? As much as I'd like to say that you were bluffing, you look pretty serious here ChannelDelibird.

In post 36, Baldanders wrote:find verity's post pretty null for rvs since there indeed wasn't much to do. the chances of michel getting an answers conductive to scumhunting were low & his question to me is loaded
Yet we had a page of fairly decent content from about 4-5 people. Your content is on someone who hasn't really talked yet. That's not very impressive to me.

I'm glad that Michael picks up on my views in post #38.

In post 48, RedCoyote wrote:Anticipating what? Anticipating someone suspecting you?
Why did you immediately write off that comment as something of a fearful comment? It seems you put too much forcefulness on your thought pattern there, in my opinion.

RedCoyote wrote:rofl is asking questions and standing his ground.
I'm sorry but the stated, in post 54, is completely false. He only asks one question (Isolation Post 4), placed a qft reasoning when it really doesn't look like one in retrospective (Isolation Post 5) and hasn't stated why he suspects Blanders yet. I don't see that he's town at all, frankly.

RedCoyote wrote:username is acting bold and affirmative.
How is this a town tell though? Couldn't scum act just as bold and affirmative? I believe this tell you're using mainly applies for newbies which are pretty variable anyway.

I'll end this post with an analysis of Michael and Baldanders because I am
really
having a hard time remembering why people believe they are scummy and what my viewpoint on these players is.

Empire wrote:Basically, projectmatt, I find it unlikely that #6, #10, and #18 (especially the latter two) would have come from you as scum.
I have a bit of a problem with this point as well though--and I only realized it after reading a quote from Projectmatt's posts that I realized it was there.

Empire wrote:partially based on ancient off-site meta.
It's been a good year since Projectmatt joined Mafiascum.net

I'm not too sure when this off-site meta was, but you don't believe that projectmatt might've changed within that time?

In post 58, Empire wrote:
@CDB:
What do you think of Baldanders since he has posted some content?
Why didn't you answer ChannelDelibird's question?

roflcopter wrote:you're seriously making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.
If I'm able to detect it on my first read through, then I'm not sure how much credibility this point has. Granted--I realize that this account does not have much credibility either.

In post 68, Empire wrote:Zoroaster, how far into your stomach did your heart sink when you got a scum PM?
Mod: I think you sent...

Hey! I see what you did there! :D

Ah, I see why Blanders is in a fit now. Michael didn't place down a vote.

I don't have a problem with that. It's a tad bit annoying but not everyone should be obligated to place down a vote at RVS. I find it null/null after reading on and seeing how the argument erupts. Nothing really notable to comment on except for that part. I was just really confused in the end on how Blanders got a tunnel on Michael even though I could barely remember what Michael did.

Now, back to the vote count, I don't understand why I'm in this hot situation. Verity made one post and I was even happy to see a correlation in my thoughts and ChannelDelibird's thoughts on how it should be done. All I have to say is that I hope I'm not dead by the time I come back because I am enjoying this game a lot at the moment.

However, if I am lynched, I'd like to state that my main FoS for the moment would be roflcopter. After that? I'm not very sure. I'd need more content to single out a second suspect. I find it that it's probably in the pool of ChannelDelibird, RedCoyote, Empire and projectmatt--a very vague suspect pool indeed. I really do just need more content to make a choice of a second suspect. One isn't bad at the moment though, so I'll go ahead and act upon my intentions.

Unvote, Vote: Roflcopter

Finally, as a disclaimer, I am an alt account. If you feel that I've said something too oddly, it's mainly for the purpose of keeping this alt a secret to my best ability. I believe I have succeeded in that aspect if I had to actually say it!
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Post by Empire »

It's been a good year since Projectmatt joined Mafiascum.net

I'm not too sure when this off-site meta was, but you don't believe that projectmatt might've changed within that time?

The off-site meta is somewhat recent if you compare it to how long he's been on MS, I guess. I've played with projectmatt off-site as recently as about a month or so ago and I played my first ever game on this site with him (Mini 1373 - a cookie if you can guess my main). It's possible that he might have changed but I'm finding it unlikely at the moment.

Why didn't you answer ChannelDelibird's question?

Uhhhh...as far as I can see, he never asked me a question.

(as a sidenote, I still have no idea how to do neat multi-quotes)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Empire »

EBWOP: Meant to include this in the earlier post, but forgot. Zoroaster, can you elaborate on your scumread in roflcopter a bit for me please?
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

Empire wrote:Uhhhh...as far as I can see, he never asked me a question.
My mistake! That was to Projectmatt and not to you. Apologies!
ou
Empire wrote: It's possible that he might have changed but I'm finding it unlikely at the moment.
I understand. It's nothing major but I was just pondering that idea.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 57, ChannelDelibird wrote:projectmatt - Why does Michel's personality make him town? Overanalysing sounds like - and you make it sound like - something that he would do as both town and scum.

No, I feel like his over analyzation is a sign of a town being excited about the game starting and getting really in to it. I think this games it makes him town, yes.

In post 61, RedCoyote wrote:
matt 55 wrote:Explain to me, RedCoyote, how on earth you feel that I am in fact responsible for holding the game up because I had not posted in 48 hours?

Come on, matt. Every post prior to this one has been fluff (Verity vote notwithstanding, but that's why I'm making this argument to begin with... holding the thread up with posts like that).

Fair enough, some of my posts have been fluff (the whole family joke was also to see how people would react and who would take it seriously, though) and my vote on Verity was not one either. I thought that it was a stretch to say that I was holding the thread up - but mm, fair enough.

@Roflcopter, do you feel that Micheal is likely town or scum due to his push on you?

Zoro's first post rang off as town, considering moving my vote on someone, I'll decide on that tomorrow

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”