Micro 34: Bay Cruise Normal Mafia (Day 3- Game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Empire »

Zoro's first post rang off as town, considering moving my vote on someone, I'll decide on that tomorrow

Agreed but I still want to hear his reasoning for voting roflcopter because it's kind of unnerving that his only suspect is the counter-wagon to his own lynch.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 73, Zoroaster wrote:
Empire wrote:Uhhhh...as far as I can see, he never asked me a question.
My mistake! That was to Projectmatt and not to you. Apologies!

I hadn't posted since he asked the question, it was answered now.

In post 75, Empire wrote:
Zoro's first post rang off as town, considering moving my vote on someone, I'll decide on that tomorrow

Agreed but I still want to hear his reasoning for voting roflcopter because it's kind of unnerving that his only suspect is the counter-wagon to his own lynch.

I agree, also:

Finally, as a disclaimer, I am an alt account. If you feel that I've said something too oddly, it's mainly for the purpose of keeping this alt a secret to my best ability. I believe I have succeeded in that aspect if I had to actually say it!

is pretty bad
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

Roflcopter's FoS on Projectmatt, including the explanation, feels fake. There's just about no reason to fake an FoS. He could've just done something like #sarcasm or even /sarcasm.

He was fearful of putting him at an L-1 position.

Even if he was joking, why didn't he just vote? He would've been at L-2 or L-1. I've been at L-1 for a good while now and no one has hammered me. I feel pretty safe. Perhaps Page 1 is a different scenario than Page 3. I'm extremely doubtful of that fact though. Also add in this little bundle of stuff that sums up the later portion of his posts:

Zoroaster wrote:I'm sorry but the stated, in post 54, is completely false. He only asks one question (Isolation Post 4), placed a qft reasoning when it really doesn't look like one in retrospective (Isolation Post 5) and hasn't stated why he suspects Blanders yet. I don't see that he's town at all, frankly.
I think I have a pretty tight case on Roflcopter.

projectmatt wrote:is pretty bad
May I ask why?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by projectmatt »

I dunno, it sounds kind of like a "sorry if I said anything scummy in this post, but I'm an alt so it's OK" excuse post.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Zoroaster »

It wasn't intended to hit that way.

It was more for the fact to say that I'm going to awkwardly phrase things so no one knows my identity.

If I said something scummy and you point it out, I'm not going to back and say that I had a disclaimer at the end and that's what happened.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Empire »

Hmmmm...

UNVOTE:

Going to give the thread another close reread but right now I'm thinking the scum team might be in roflcopter, CDB, Baldanders, and Username by PoE.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Baldanders wrote:question for michel: how would answers from me, cdb and pmatt have affected your reads on us?
There were several ways you could respond to my question. If you actually tried to answer, I could get a feeling for how defensive you are. Would you go out of your way explaining why you only said "yo", answer succintly, brush it off? Ignoring it, or acknowledging it jokingly as you did is pretty null, but it shows at least that you are not mightily concerned.

The question to CDB was serious. The difference between his wording to pmatt and iaaun was noticable. If his response had implied that that difference was unintentional, I would have kept a close eye on the way the interactions between CDB and the other two developed, keeping in mind that the difference could possibly be a freudian slip. With the difference being intentional, however, there's far less chance of that.

As for the question to pmatt: consider the difference between "just joking", "it was a joke" and "it was a joke, ok". Each shows different levels of concern and annoyance. pmatt worded his answer in surprisingly neutral tones, almost devoid of emotion.

@Baldanders: I don't think there was scum intent behind Rofl's FoS, but it could be a scum slip, subconciously avoiding voting a partner. And his reaction to my question doesn't sit well with me at all. First ignoring, then brushing it off, then downplaying it. It feels to me like he's trying to use a "head in the sand" technique to make suspicion on him go away.

@pmatt, empire: could you perhaps explain why Zoroasters first post is giving you town feelings? It struck me as mildly scummy. The full PBPA seems overdone and his response to being at L-1 feels a bit off.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:44 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 70, Zoroaster wrote:
In post 11, ChannelDelibird wrote:UNVOTE: projectmatt
VOTE: iamausername

Die.
May I ask why you would attack his position rather than Roflcopter's? I believe that roflcopter's stance is scummier. Not only did Roflcopter agree with Projectmatt without telling anyone why(to be fair, this isn't the strongest claim I have) but Roflcopter only FoS'd. His vote is still in RVS yet he can make a serious FoS? I don't buy it. I sense fear in his gameplay.

On the contrary, I actually thought it was a bit townish of roflcopter to blatantly not blend in there.

Zoroaster wrote:
In post 20, ChannelDelibird wrote:UNVOTE: iamausername
VOTE: Baldanders
I can agree with this stance. However, why the sudden shift from calling iamausername scum to this? As much as I'd like to say that you were bluffing, you look pretty serious here ChannelDelibird.

The iamausername vote was based on a mild gut scumread off his vote on matt, not really anything I had an awful lot of confidence in. Baldanders was definitely the better vote.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 am

That said, gut still says iamausername is scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 am

Post by Empire »

Michel, I'll answer your question later tonight when I have more time. Just wanted to ask this:

@rofl:
Can you explain your townread on RedCoyote please?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:59 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 70, Zoroaster wrote:I'll end this post with an analysis of Michael and Baldanders because I am
really
having a hard time remembering why people believe they are scummy and what my viewpoint on these players is.

literally thinking this is too scummy to be scum. jesus christ. "i have a hard time remembering what my viewpoint on these players is". WHO SAYS THAT. who actually types those words into a post? fuck me.

Finally, as a disclaimer, I am an alt account. If you feel that I've said something too oddly, it's mainly for the purpose of keeping this alt a secret to my best ability. I believe I have succeeded in that aspect if I had to actually say it!

uggggggggh. no one cares about your secret identity, aquaman. just play the game.

so anyway, Michel and Zorro are kind of on the right track, but they have some tremendously ridiculous ideas about why rofl FoSd pmatt. he wasn't 'subconsciously avoiding voting for his partner', that's absurd. he knew full well what he was doing.

rofl is scum because he's trying really hard to control the direction of conversation. post 35 was the first sign of this; marshalling Badlanders into talking about Verity and not Michel. this was why i initially voted rofl; Badlands already explained why he was voting Michel, so that can't be what rofl was asking about. he wanted Badlands not only to explain why Michel's actions were scummy but to quantify how they were
more
scummy than Verity's lack of actions, which is essentially an impossible task. the only purpose i can see to asking that question is to create a phantom link between Badlands and Verity so as to facilitate pushing a lynch on one or both of them later.

and post 63 is even more blatant. his decision to FoS matt instead of voting him was obviously a calculated decision designed to provoke a reaction, but when Michel questions him about it, he tries to shut down that line of conversation by:
a) claiming it was just a joke. i do not buy this for one second; i have never known rofl to be a "lol RVS is ~wacky fun time~" kind of player.

b) making vague threats towards Michel for asking the question.

In post 63, roflcopter wrote:its almost like you're using it as an excuse to ignore most of the rest of the the action.

i mean, this statement is just absolute bullshit; Michel is clearly not using it as an excuse to ignore the rest of the action, because Michel is clearly not ignoring the rest of the action. it's essentially saying "if you continue to attack me, i will go for your jugular" which is horrible scummy intimidation tactics, plain and simple.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:41 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

zoroaster(3)
: RedCoyote, roflcopter, projectmatt
roflcopter (3)
: MichelSableheart, iamausername, zoroaster
MichelSableheart
: Baldanders
Baldanders
: ChannelDelibird

Not Voting (1)
Empire

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Tuesday, October 2, 5:00 PM EST: (expired on 2012-10-02 17:00:00)
Last edited by gorckat on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:52 am

Post by Zoroaster »

ChannelDelibird wrote:On the contrary, I actually thought it was a bit townish of roflcopter to blatantly not blend in there.
So what made iamausername scummier?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:09 am

His post kinda felt like what I would have done if I were scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
Zoroaster
Zoroaster
Goon
Zoroaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:03 am

Post by Zoroaster »

I understand what you're saying. I just don't see that. I guess we'll leave it at that.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

@iaaun: You may be right that rofl's FoS was calculated to provoke a reaction, but his response to my questioning makes even less sense then.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Baldanders 65 wrote:how does your read on matt hold up after his content post

Well, I'm not going to give him a pat on the back for doing what he's supposed to be doing after I called him out on it, but we'll see. I'm not voting him, so take that how you will.

---

Zoro 70 wrote:Why did you immediately write off that comment as something of a fearful comment? It seems you put too much forcefulness on your thought pattern there, in my opinion.

Perhaps. I'm trying to figure out what the man is doing. The idea behind the "withholding comment" just seems off to me. His use of the word anticipating confirms in my mind that it was meant to cover his bases more than anything else.

Zoro 70 wrote:I'm sorry but the stated, in post 54, is completely false. He only asks one question (Isolation Post 4), placed a qft reasoning when it really doesn't look like one in retrospective (Isolation Post 5) and hasn't stated why he suspects Blanders yet. I don't see that he's town at all, frankly.

I just finished a game where rofltown played very similar to this. As of right now, I feel confident in my townread of him. He makes short, quick comments, and he's not afraid to move his vote around if need be. That kind of attitude gives me comfort. It tells me that he's less likely to have an agenda.

Zoro 70 wrote:How is this a town tell though? Couldn't scum act just as bold and affirmative?

Come on. How is anything a town tell? Couldn't scum act townie? Couldn't scum act scummy?

In my experience (and read this comment in the most general sense possible), when players are less cautious and less afraid to take action, they're more likely to be town. That's what I get from username as of right now. You can agree or disagree, but don't try to get overly academic with this. You can "what if?" anything to death.

---

matt 74 wrote:(the whole family joke was also to see how people would react and who would take it seriously, though)

I call bs on this. You've got to be kidding me. Setting aside Michel's cluelessness, what did you think you'd possibly get out of it, reaction-wise?

matt 74 wrote:Zoro's first post rang off as town, considering moving my vote on someone, I'll decide on that tomorrow

I disagree somewhat, but let's leave that. If you got a townread off of that post, why would you need to "consider" moving your vote. This is exactly the kind of overcautiousness that strikes me as scummy. Basically you're saying here that you want to keep your "potential" townread at L-1 (who knows, someone may lynch him!), while you think about moving your vote.

Even a straight unvote without revoting may be better than letting a person you think could be town sit at L-1.

---

Empire 75 wrote:Agreed but I still want to hear his reasoning for voting roflcopter because it's kind of unnerving that his only suspect is the counter-wagon to his own lynch.

I don't like this point either. If you thought that his attack on rofl was opportunistic, then you should call him on it. This sounds like you're pussy footing around the issue. "He seems town, but I'll leave him at L-1 anyways".

---

Zoro 79 wrote:It wasn't intended to hit that way.

It was more for the fact to say that I'm going to awkwardly phrase things so no one knows my identity.

If I said something scummy and you point it out, I'm not going to back and say that I had a disclaimer at the end and that's what happened.

username says this later on, but I just want to add to it. No one cares, bro. Maybe take that to General Discussion and get your attention fix there, but I'm just here to play the game. I'm not here to wonder about your identity or play 20 questions. As far as I'm concerned, I'm playing with someone I've never played with before unless you say otherwise. And that's that.

---

Empire 80 wrote:Going to give the thread another close reread but right now I'm thinking the scum team might be in roflcopter, CDB, Baldanders, and Username by PoE.

I generally despise unvoting without revoting, but, as I said above to matt, at least you are following through.

---

Michel 81 wrote:@pmatt, empire: could you perhaps explain why Zoroasters first post is giving you town feelings? It struck me as mildly scummy. The full PBPA seems overdone and his response to being at L-1 feels a bit off.

I agree with this. I didn't feel particularly moved by Zoro's post. He just seems scummy for different reasons now.

---

CDB 83 wrote:That said, gut still says iamausername is scum.

It's probably time to move off your gut and onto something a bit more meaningful, CDB.

---

username 85 wrote:"i have a hard time remembering what my viewpoint on these players is". WHO SAYS THAT. who actually types those words into a post? fuck me.

Lol, agreed.

username 85 wrote:i mean, this statement is just absolute bullshit; Michel is clearly not using it as an excuse to ignore the rest of the action, because Michel is clearly not ignoring the rest of the action. it's essentially saying "if you continue to attack me, i will go for your jugular" which is horrible scummy intimidation tactics, plain and simple.

I disagree with this though. I guess Zoro gives Michel more reason to keep it up, but I think rofl's playstyle is rubbing you and him both as scummy when it's more just rofl trying to encourage pressure on Verity. You see this as rofl trying to manipulate the conversation; I see it as him scumhunting.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:30 am

Post by RedCoyote »

That post is probably a little long, but this game could stand to have some more to read anyways.

tl;dr = Zoro is still scummy, matt and Empire are scummy as well (although I'm less sure of Empire). CDB is getting worse. username and rofl are still townie. Not much has changed.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:47 am

Post by projectmatt »

I was surprised by the completely relaxed and casual tone Zoraster's first post was able to take if he was replacing in to a scum slot nearing a lynch.

In post 80, Empire wrote:Hmmmm...

UNVOTE:

Going to give the thread another close reread but right now I'm thinking the scum team might be in roflcopter, CDB, Baldanders, and Username by PoE.

Oh, do you actually have a legitimate townread on Zoras?

I don't completely agree with username's reasoning in post #85 and I don't quite want roflcopter lynched today but a few posts he has made have set me off pretty badly (ie: his overly panicky response to Micheal makes me think at least that if rolfcopter is mafia Micheal is confident town (although granted, i already read him as town).

In post 91, RedCoyote wrote:

matt 74 wrote:(the whole family joke was also to see how people would react and who would take it seriously, though)

I call bs on this. You've got to be kidding me. Setting aside Michel's cluelessness, what did you think you'd possibly get out of it, reaction-wise?

matt 74 wrote:Zoro's first post rang off as town, considering moving my vote on someone, I'll decide on that tomorrow

I disagree somewhat, but let's leave that. If you got a townread off of that post, why would you need to "consider" moving your vote. This is exactly the kind of overcautiousness that strikes me as scummy. Basically you're saying here that you want to keep your "potential" townread at L-1 (who knows, someone may lynch him!), while you think about moving your vote.

Even a straight unvote without revoting may be better than letting a person you think could be town sit at L-1.

RedCoyote, the concept of reaction testing is not foreign to you. Do you think that
wasn't
a test? Granted it wasn't a super complicated planned out reaction test, but I'd figure I'd say something like that after getting pressured to both start conversation and be able to read the responses. I wasn't expecting any response in particular.

Read: Zoro's old slot was scummy, Zora kind of dropped a towntell in his post but I wasn't sure whether or not I bought it and wanted to give more time to consider. I didn't really care that my post was still on him considering literally nobody was going to quickhammer.

unvote
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

Micheal, RedCoyote and Empire are all town to an extent. I think there's a probable scum between username/roflcopter and I would lean on roflcopter being the one between them at the moment. Withholding vote for a few hours as I need to think
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: projectmatt

way too much fence sitting. i didn't know one person could sit on so many fences at once.

re: my town read on rc - my impeccably tuned towndar (aka gut) and his first post miller claim
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

roflcopter (3)
: MichelSableheart, iamausername, zoroaster
MichelSableheart
: Baldanders
Baldanders
: ChannelDelibird
zoroaster
: RedCoyote
projectmatt
: roflcopter

Not Voting (2)
Empire, projectmatt

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Tuesday, October 2, 5:00 PM EST: (expired on 2012-10-02 17:00:00)
Last edited by gorckat on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:21 am

Post by projectmatt »

i don't think i would qualify outing 4 townreads but wanting to think about who you vote for a few hours and changing your vote later in the night as fence sitting
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Empire »

Michel, to respond to your earlier question about Zoroaster, I think he's town for a number of reasons. For one, I actually liked his reaction to being put at L-1; his claim that he's really enjoying the game doesn't strike me as something scum would say in response to their slot being placed at a rapid near lynch and his outing a dying FoS seems genuine as well in light of that. I don't think Zoroaster would out his reads in that manner as scum, even as WIFOM - from a scum perspective, no information is better than some information, even if its credibility would be questioned after a flip. Yes, it is possible that Zoroaster knew he wasn't going to be hammered but the haphazard, anxious style of posting puts all of this in context. I also liked his backing off of questioning CDB in #89. I think, as scum, Zoroaster would harp on this issue rather than back off. And honestly, what kind of mafia blatantly admits to not having read the thread closely? Only thing I don't like about him is his frankly bizarre attack on roflcopter - nothing about his play seems to imply he's scared at all. Not sure how he's getting that. Overall, though, I think he's a pretty decent townread.

RedCoyote's recent posting is giving me great vibes. His stance on over-cautiousness seems like something I could definitely see him taking as town and and the fact that he has not switched his vote onto myself or projectmatt lends credence to the notion that he's not pushing on us in an opportunistic sense. I also liked that he backs down from potential conflicts that can swallow up the thread with tangential clutter (see his "don't try to get overly academic line" after his discussion of theory).

Username's case on roflcopter makes a lot of sense, especially on a re-read of the early parts of the thread. I also dislike that roflcopter's contribution since then is to attack projectmatt for "fence-sitting," completely ignoring Username's post.

With regards to CDB, I'm slowly starting to get the impression that he's forcing his reads with #88 being the worst offender.

Here's where I stand overall:

Reads:

Town (S->W):
MichelSableheart, RedCoyote, projectmatt, Zoroaster, iamausername
Null:
Baldanders
Scum (S->W):
roflcopter, ChannelDelibird

Don't to vote quite yet since I feel like I'm very very very close to getting a good grasp on this game and I'd prefer to vote when that happens.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Empire »

EBWOP: Should say "Don't want to vote" in that last line.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”