mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:34 pm

Post by mathcam »

Hm. Nice post, inHim.

I continue to think that bluemonick's parting post should not be ignored. Since inhim's bought himself a little slack, I'll
Vote: Max.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

BabyJesus wrote:
Harry_Potter wrote:The fact that BJ is not only acting weird, but is also on mathcam's list of possible suspects leads me to think he would be a suitable 4th prospect. He was the penultimate voter on that wagon. I'm going with my instincts on this.

vote Baby Jesus
piling on to get a train going on an innocent noted. Your instincts suck. Actually you are scum, but if you weren;t scum, you're instincts would suck.

vote scum Harry Potter

git er done.
your attempt at diversion/derailing and its "success" at getting armlx to vote HP instead of you (yes I know he claims it was b/c HP voted BJ) while not bothering to answer any charges against you is noted.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote:Page 4 was more of a general statement for "early in the game." But I like to see the defensiveness. Thumbs up for bad cover.
Heh. My favorate fake scum tell that people, especally scum, love to abuse. Attack someone, then when they defend themselves, say they're being defense. Never fails.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:On that note,
unvote
vote:Fritzer
. I know he loves to bandwagon, but that vote just seemed beyond the pale.
This is the first post that made my head turn toward Yos. "I know... but" seems a scummy way to defend a vote. It's also interesting to note that he was getting after DGB voters... and that I currently find zu_Faul scummy. I'm sensing a connection here.
DGB freaked out, seemed to get really upset and asked to be replaced, and then...Fritzer jumped on her bandwagon for no apparent reason. I do expect bandwagony behavior from Fritzer, but that just seemed disturbing and wrong even with that background. I always give people a certain amount of leeway based on their normal playstyles, but that dosn't mean I won't vote for them if they seem to go completly overboard. And while Fritzer bandwagon votes all the time, I can usually see why he's voting where he is, even if I don't agree with the reason. Here, it made no sense at all.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
SpamWise wrote:Holy crap, I think we've done something bad wagoning viper (if my supposition about his role is correct)
Huh?

Not sure why you would make a post like this...if you think viper's pro-town, and you think he's given some hint about his role (I don't see it, but whatever), then why would you draw attention to it, instead of just putting it in your notes and keeping it under your hat? Why would you give hint
s to the possible role of some other player you think is pro-town?
The wording here makes the skin crawl. It's like you're wanting other people to think viper has a pro-town power role, but using SpamWise as a meatshield.
The point was, I couldn't think of any pro-town reason for SpamWise to say that, at all, and I could think of several scummy reasons why he might do that; for example, to try and stop the bandwagon on viper, or to fish for pro-town roles. When someone does something that a pro-town person should never do, of course I'll point it out.
InHim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:One problem I have about spamwise is this. He said this:
SpamWise wrote:Holy crap, I think we've done something bad wagoning viper (if my supposition about his role is correct)
But then he kept his vote on viper for another 4 days, only removing it because "the bandwagon was stalled."

If I suddenly came to the conlcusion I might be bandwagoning a pro-town power role and wanted to avoid the person having to claim, I'd just quietly unvote or move my vote without making a big deal about it. Spamwise did just the opposite; made a big deal about it (perhaps to fish for viper's role?) but keeping his vote there anyway.

It's also interesting to note that while spamwise loved the viper wagon and the max wagon, the one wagon he has avoided is the mlarker wagon. He never even commented on it at all, and neither bogre or mlarker ever said anything about him, which makes me wonder if they might be scumbuddies (although I realize I'm getting pretty speculitive here).

Spamwise, what do you think about the Bogre/Mlarker wagon? Bogre, what do you think about the Spamwise wagon?
And again, from viper to mlaker.
And again, I was simply pointing out Spamwise's actions made no sense as pro-town actions. He was at least confusing, and at worst scummy. Can you think of a good pro-town reason for him to act the way he did day 1, especally that bizzare "Oh my god, we did something bad bandwagoning viper!" post?

Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Btw, what are the offices for?
Um, dosn't your role PM say you're in the office of Jack Irving, and tell you what is in that office?
Ooh, this sounds coachy.
What are you talking about? I would assume that everyone, both scum and town, would already know all of that, as everyone is in an office. I thought I was simply stating the obveous.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
lordy wrote:I suspect the moving of offices has to do with the moving of roles.

As such, if im correct, ibby is now a cute little townie.

Awwww.
---

Second of all, if you do know that for some non-public reason, why would you share that information with the scum?

---
I'm going to call this "The Good Scumaritan" - a role that many mafia love playing for the town. Just point point point at all the information that the scum could be gathering. You get to point the finger at other people, but also help your scummates in case you make a departure.
Again, I was pointing out that someone's actions made absolutly no sense from a pro-town point of view. I made a post attacking lordy's illogical and scummy post from every direction, showing that there was really no reason for a pro-town person to do what he did in any situation no matter what he thought. That's what good guys are supposed to do. Sheesh.

Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Looks like it's time for me to make a lurker list.

Lurker List:

BabyJesus: Not really a lurker, he did just post on the 1’st, but does it seem to anyone else he’s not posting as much as usual? He’s only posted twice since July 11’th, and I’d like to hear more from him.

Harry_Potter: He just posted, and he did say he’d be out of town until Augest 10’th so there’s no sense prodding him. Nonetheless, even before he said that, he only posted 4 times all game, and has said almost nothing. Once he gets back, we really need to hear a lot more from him.

MrBuddyLee: Lurker. Has not posted since July 18’th. Mod, please prod him.

PookyTheMagicalBear: Lurker. Has only posted once in the past month.

bluemonick (replacing viper0933): Has only posted once since he replaced viper, and that was about a week ago.
Meh, I just don't like this. There's bound to be better options at this point in the game beyond a lurker lynch.
Stopping and pointing out who the lurkers are, in order to get them to post and to put pressure on them, IS A PRO-TOWN ACTION. Duh. I never said "we should lynch a lurker", although I generally don't think that's a bad idea. Especally in a large game, I almost always make lurker lists, and quite a few times the way people react to being listed as lurkers help me catch scum. I wish other players would keep better track of lurkers and keep an eye on them, but they generally don't, so I have to.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Take a look at Himaliayn mafia, recently finished over in the New York forum. I was a townie, and I was on nearly every single bandwagon all game, townie or scum.
Well pin a rose on your nose. I'm not all that concerned with what you've done in the past. It holds no bearing to me, and furthermore seems like a scummy defense, especially when you yourself point out your previous game and your previous playstyle. Oh, but I am concerned with what you've done this game. And one such thing was
not
voting bluemonick. Yes, you have given reasons, but
you still didn't vote for him, a scummy scum scummer.
The point is that when a newbie is squirming and looking scummy, it's not always good to jump on the bandwagon right away, especally if there are already a lot of other people on the bandwagon; I sometimes prefer to to sit back and question them first, especally if we're in no rush. There's certanly nothing scummy about that, and I have done that in the past quite a few times as town. It's a good pro-town stratagy. In this case, I actually think that the way I did it, forcing blue to answer questions while threatening him with my vote, played a major role in his complete breakdown. My vote was not on him when he died, but yet I think I played a major part in finding scum. See how that works? And if you actually were to take a look at day 1 of Himalyn mafia, you would see that almost the exact same stratagy worked almost exactally the same way there. Don't just brush it off; if you actually want to find scum, and aren't just trying to shift attention away from yourself, go take a look.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote: I disagree with the lordy bandwagon. What has he done to seem scummy? There was some confusion over his so-called claim, but I read that as other people misinterpretating what he originally said.
The suspicious things about Lordy was that he first speculated in thread that someone else was a vanillia townie, which is something you should never do as town, then when she voted for him for that he flipped out and OMGUS voted for her back. Both are scum tells.

Anyway, I do think that bluemonick's post was very suspicious, and I'm considering voting him, but I'm not going to join it just yet as it's moving quite fast, I'll wait for him to try and clarify whatever it was he was trying to say in his rather bizzare last post.
STALLING.
Or perhaps I just wanted him to have a chance to actually answer instead of getting lynched? Because I wanted to find out if he was actually scum instead of just lynching him for acting just like he always acts?

While people hate to go too deeply into WIFOM, stop and think about it for a second. If either Viper or Blue was my scumpartner, I'd have thrown him under the bus day 1, no question. I'd have certanly made sure to have been on his bandwagon on the day he was lynched.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Actually, that's a very good point, ibaesha . Harry Potter's the last person who should be attacking someone else for lurking.

unvote

vote:Harry Potter
Great voting.
Yeah, I thought so. Thanks.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
mathcam wrote:
Yos wrote:Actually, at the time I was suspicious that it might be Brian McQueso who was his scumbuddy, but that's clearly not true.
Yeah, me too. But that the initial guess was wrong doesn't mean we should stop looking.

Cam
Fair enough. Still, while blue was perhaps was not the greatest stratigic thinker at mafia, it is still quite possible that the only purpose of that comment was to get back at Brian and/or other people on his bandwagon for getting him run up like that. The comment really did feel like a barb specfically directed at Brian, and Brian seemed to think so as well based on his later post.
I really think you're downplaying the possibility that bluemonick
did
point toward other scum, and that now you're trying to hide this person by pushing it all on Brian.

And I think you're not actually looking for scumtells anymore, if you ever were. Because it sure dosn't sound like it, it sounds like you're assuming I'm guilty for completly BS reasons and trying to then make logical deductions from that non-fact.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Yes, I never did vote for bluemonick. The reason is the same one I just gave last page for waiting on voting for Lordy, except it's even MORE extreme in this case; as of the time of the posting, I was currently in something like 3 or 4 games with bluemonick, and in EVERY SINGLE ONE of those games he was looking incredibly scummy and seemed to be working as hard as he possibly could to get himself lynched. So rather then vote for him right away, I kept asking him questions, and doing my best to try and find out what his alignment was; I'd rather try to figure him out instead of just lynching him everywhere if he just always looks scummy. I kept pressure on him, and it was actually after attempting to respond to several of my questions when he completly broke down and confessed in that bizzare way. After that point I of course would have voted for him, but someone hammered him before I had the chance.

(shrug) In general, I often feel like I get better responses to questions if I demand someone answers my questions when I haven't voted for him yet, but while making it clear that I might vote for that person if they don't answer or if I don't like their answers. That's a common playstyle for me, especally when trying to figure out if a suspicious looking newbie is scum or just a townie playing badly, and I think an effective one; for example, look at the first day of Himalayan Mafia, where I asked Tidus several questions and kept putting pressure on him all day without voting for him, until he finally cracked and self destructed; and again, in that game, I never actually ended up voting for him.
:roll:
Heh. Good, logical response.

My play so far this game has been good, solid, pro-town play, including not jumping on the blue bandwagon right away without trying to queston him farther first. Yes, blue turned out to be scum in this game. Dispite that, I still think I made all the right plays based on what I knew at the time.
Inhim wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Also, I should note that the key scumtell that started the bandwagon that ended up in bluemonick's death was the fact that he voted for me with a completely craplogical reason.
What, because bluemonick voted you makes you innocent?
Not at all what I said, and I think you knew it.

Now that we know Brian was town and Blue was scum, we have a very good idea of what happened yesterday, based on what Brian said he was trying to do and what Blue did. Brian set a trap, attacking me for very weak reasons, hoping scum would jump onto the bandwagon. The newbie scum Blue fell for it, following Brian in voting for me, using complete and utter crap logic. The town lynched Blue.

One thing about that kind of trap, is that
it can only work if I'm not in Blue's scum group[/b]. The primary scum tell that Blue committed for was that he was trying way to hard to attack me and to get me lynched with absolutly no good reason.

You seem to think Blue is such a bad and transparent player that he would actually say "hey, by scum buddy is voting for me" and you would believe it. A complete newbie fell into a trap, follows an experenced player onto a bandwagon, using total crap logic, and then completly folds when attacked on it to the extent that he actually confessing being scum. Now, do you seriously expect any of us to actually believe that that that newbie was just trying some elaborate ploy there to try to distance himself from me?

The reason crap logic is a scum tell is because scum use it to defend themselves or each other, or to attack townies.

Anyway, nice attempt to try to divert the town by attacking me instead of defending yourself. How about you actually go back and respond to some of the points TSS made against your predecessor, masterchief?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

BabyJesus (3): Mastermind of Sin, TheCesspit, Harry_Potter
inHimshallibe (3): the silent speaker, Yosarian2, spectrumvoid
Harry_Potter (2): ibaesha, BabyJesus, armlx
Yosarian2 (2): PookyTheMagicalBear, inHimshallibe
mathcam (1): zu_Faul
Max (1): mathcam

Not Voting: Colonel Kurtz, Coron, Fuldu, Max, MrBuddyLee, mystery meat of doom

10 to lynch.
Success breeds suspicion
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:
Harry_Potter wrote:The fact that BJ is not only acting weird, but is also on mathcam's list of possible suspects leads me to think he would be a suitable 4th prospect. He was the penultimate voter on that wagon. I'm going with my instincts on this.

vote Baby Jesus
piling on to get a train going on an innocent noted. Your instincts suck. Actually you are scum, but if you weren;t scum, you're instincts would suck.

vote scum Harry Potter

git er done.
your attempt at diversion/derailing and its "success" at getting armlx to vote HP instead of you (yes I know he claims it was b/c HP voted BJ) while not bothering to answer any charges against you is noted.
"charges against me?"

I must have missed them. Please bump my scum tell. tia.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, nice attempt to try to divert the town by attacking me instead of defending yourself.
Did you really just type that?
How about you actually go back and respond to some of the points TSS made against your predecessor, masterchief?
Really... this just happened? Of course, I should have known this would be the response - trying to make me look all pushy, when I have no choice but to come in and push. Yes, I said I'd try and answer questions, but understand that I am
not
Masterchief (thank goodness), and so I can not definitively give any good reasons behind judgment calls.

Also... notice the wording. "nice attempt" ... He's trying to manipulate you guys!

And... "the town"? Not "us"?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by Yaw »

Well, since Max has posted elsewhere and picked up his prod, he obviously doesn't want to be in this game. Or many others, judging by his message history.

LoudmouthLee replaces Max. I'm really hoping that's the last one.
Success breeds suspicion
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I'm here. Let me thumb through the pages. Expect my first post of content tomorrow or wednesday.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, nice attempt to try to divert the town by attacking me instead of defending yourself.
Did you really just type that?
Um, yes. When I voted for you, I said I wanted to give you a chance to defend yourself before you were lynched. You have completly refused to do this, at all, instead launching an incredibly detailed point-by-point attack on me. Fine; whatever, attack me if you want, that's how the game is played. But I still want to hear you defend some of the key points he made about MasterChief's behavior yesterday.

Let me put it this way...yesterday, while not voting for him, I kept the pressure on blue. I demanded over and over again that he start making sense, that he answered questions, and did my best to keep the focus on him. He eventually completly broke down and actually confessed to being scum, and was prompty lynched, without my vote only because I was not online at that moment.

Meanwhile, your predecessor, MasterChief, did none of that. What he did do was vote blue, but as he did so he said the reason he was voting Blue was because he "didn't want to look like he was protecting him". He never actually made a single argument against Blue, but clearly wanted to be on Blue's bandwagon so as to not look like he was his scumbuddy.

If you were reading this game, which of those two people seems more suspicious to you?

How about you actually go back and respond to some of the points TSS made against your predecessor, masterchief?
Really... this just happened? Of course, I should have known this would be the response - trying to make me look all pushy, when I have no choice but to come in and push. Yes, I said I'd try and answer questions, but understand that I am
not
Masterchief (thank goodness), and so I can not definitively give any good reasons behind judgment calls.

Also... notice the wording. "nice attempt" ... He's trying to manipulate you guys!

And... "the town"? Not "us"?[/quote]

Well, yes. It is a nice attempt to get the focus off you. It might even work. This attack on me is completly irrelevent to the reason people are voting for you. That dosn't really prove you're scum, of course, as a good guy who's worried he might get lynched might also to try to shift the focus away from himself, but you certanly haven't given me any reasons to re-think my reasons for being suspicious of you.

And yes, if you want to play semantic games, you are trying to shift "the town's" attention away from the actions of your predecessor. Of course you attacking me is not going to shift my attention away from you, and of course that wasn't your goal. So I wouldn't say you were trying to shift "our" attention, I would say you were trying to shift the attention of the group as a whole; IE, the town.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:One thing about that kind of trap, is that
it can only work if I'm not in Blue's scum group
. The primary scum tell that Blue committed for was that he was trying way to hard to attack me and to get me lynched with absolutly no good reason.
tags fixed
Actually, done properly, this can be a very effective scum gambit. Wait for someone to make a poorly reasoned argument against a scum buddy. Reiterate the argument in a way that makes the flaw in the argument a bit more apparent. Wait for someone to notice and point out the flaw. Remove vote from scum buddy and apologize for not seeing the flaw in the original argument. Wait for town to turn against the maker of the original argument. Instead of just focusing attention on someone outside the group, you've now both distanced yourself from your scum buddy
and
focused attention on someone outside the group. It's riskier, certainly, but with a much higher degree of reward.

Of course, whatever bluemonick was trying to do, it clearly wasn't done properly.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:31 pm

you voted for armlx for no reason, then your next post called bogre scum, and you spent the next 3-4 posts talking about how we are lynching bogre, but you never once voted him. That kind of play is someone who wants to get a bandwagon started while seeming to join later when he finally votes them. You were also on the bluemonick wagon, jumping on there to make yourself look less scummy when he came up protown.
Permanent V/LA.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:33 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

My play so far this game has been ... not jumping on the blue bandwagon right away without trying to queston him farther first.
The thing is, with the Lordy bandwagon, you only
looked
like you were doing that, you weren't actually doing it. You made a couple of posts calling him scummy without voting, then a few people voted
but Lordy hadn't responded yet
, and then you dropped the vote on. Nor did the speed of the bandwagon trouble you when you did. So what changed?
You were also on the bluemonick wagon, jumping on there to make yourself look less scummy when he came up protown.
Whaa...?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote:
My play so far this game has been ... not jumping on the blue bandwagon right away without trying to queston him farther first.
The thing is, with the Lordy bandwagon, you only
looked
like you were doing that, you weren't actually doing it. You made a couple of posts calling him scummy without voting, then a few people voted
but Lordy hadn't responded yet
, and then you dropped the vote on. Nor did the speed of the bandwagon trouble you when you did. So what changed?
Well, one big difference was that the primary scum tell Blue did, to follow an experenced player onto a bad bandwagon with bad reasoning, was one that I see a newbie townie doing almost as easily as a newbie scum, so I wanted to get a better read on him before I voted. The major scum tell Lordy did, which was to suddenly declare someone to be a vanillia townie under odd circumstances, was something I was having more trouble picturing a good guy doing. So, while questioning blue and trying to find out more about him, I keep my vote on Lordy until I got a better idea of exactally where blue stood.
You were also on the bluemonick wagon, jumping on there to make yourself look less scummy when he came up protown.
Whaa...?[/quote]

Heh...should clearly have been "to make yourself look less scummy when he came up scum".
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Fuldu wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:One thing about that kind of trap, is that
it can only work if I'm not in Blue's scum group
. The primary scum tell that Blue committed for was that he was trying way to hard to attack me and to get me lynched with absolutly no good reason.
tags fixed
Actually, done properly, this can be a very effective scum gambit. Wait for someone to make a poorly reasoned argument against a scum buddy. Reiterate the argument in a way that makes the flaw in the argument a bit more apparent. Wait for someone to notice and point out the flaw. Remove vote from scum buddy and apologize for not seeing the flaw in the original argument. Wait for town to turn against the maker of the original argument. Instead of just focusing attention on someone outside the group, you've now both distanced yourself from your scum buddy
and
focused attention on someone outside the group. It's riskier, certainly, but with a much higher degree of reward.

Of course, whatever bluemonick was trying to do, it clearly wasn't done properly.
Well, I suppose that would be a possibility if it was an experenced player. Does Blue really look like the kind of player who would try something quite that complex?

Here, take a look at the post in question.
bluemonick wrote:
In every other game I've played with Yosarian, I've tended to agree with his logic and can understand a lot of the things he does.
I tend to agree, he's seems less of an "investagator" in this particular game and more like 'laying back'.

Im feel comfortable:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2
Does that really look like he was "trying to show the flaw in Brian's argument"? Or does it look more like he was just tagging along hoping for a bandwagon on me?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:44 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, I suppose that would be a possibility if it was an experenced player. Does Blue really look like the kind of player who would try something quite that complex?
No, he doesn't. There wasn't a vote to go with that argument. I just wanted to point out that that piece of your defense wasn't very strong.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:26 am

Post by mathcam »

But combining his defense with this point about Blue does make the argument pretty strong -- If Yosarian and blue were scum together, I think we can pretty safely neglect most of the intricate distancing schemes from consideration. In fact, this is true for anyone, not only Yosarian, and is also the reason I think it's silly to dismiss Blue's turning in of his scummate on the grounds that it was probably a clever ruse on Blue's part -- If Blue were capable of something that crafty, he wouldn't have been lynched.

Cam
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:28 am

Post by Yaw »

Extending deadline until
Saturday, September 9 at 11PM EDT

Three reasons:

I want to give LmL a fair chance to catch up, knowing he's busy in meatworld at the moment.

I want to give the people returning from vacation with reasonable V/LA notices a fair chance to catch up as well.

I just started They-Won't-Let-Us-Call-It-A-Teacher's-College, and the first week is
packed
. So this will take a bit of a load off me by reducing work for this game down to (most likely) vote counts.

Meanwhile, it's still a retractable deadline and participation has been getting better recently. Keep it up.
Success breeds suspicion
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:42 am

Post by the silent speaker »

The major scum tell Lordy did, which was to suddenly declare someone to be a vanillia townie under odd circumstances, was something I was having more trouble picturing a good guy doing. So, while questioning blue and trying to find out more about him, I keep my vote on Lordy until I got a better idea of exactally where blue stood.
Still, you voted Lordy not when you noted the tell and not when his reponse made a vote on those grounds warranted, but in between. I'm questioning your role in the Lordy bandwagon here, not the bluemonick one; mathcam's thoughts on the interaction between you there are much in accord with mine, although I don't rule out crude distancing attempts just because we can safely rule out sophisticated ones.
Heh...should clearly have been "to make yourself look less scummy when he came up scum".
I reasoned that far on my own :), but even corrected, MOS's logic doesn't make much sense. It's heads I win, tails you lose. I'm trying to decide whether that plus the slip is Freudian and means he expects armlx to be pro-town, Freudian and means he and bluemonick are allies, Freudian and means that they aren't allies, or not Freudian at all, just MOS being his usual self.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

the silent speaker wrote: Still, you voted Lordy not when you noted the tell and not when his reponse made a vote on those grounds warranted, but in between.
(reads back)

Ok, this was the timeline.

First, Lordy made the initial scummy post. I questioned him on it.

Then, he responded with a post (post 540) that failed to answer my main concerns, and OMGUS voted Ibby.
lordy wrote:Actually, no I messed up the offices. Im thinking of the fact that offices determine your role based on my role pm.

And who was in ibby's office resterday? Spamwise.

Vote: ibby

I was merely voicing my theory, and you guys had a nice jump, so
MajorHandOfSuspision: Spamwise.

My first reaction to post 540 was that he hadn't responded to or even seemed to necessarally understand the main point I rased against him, so I repeated it.
Yosarian2 wrote:
lordy wrote:Actually, no I messed up the offices. Im thinking of the fact that offices determine your role based on my role pm.

And who was in ibby's office resterday? Spamwise.

Vote: ibby

I was merely voicing my theory, and you guys had a nice jump, so
MajorHandOfSuspision: Spamwise.
Um, you do understand why it's suspicious that you tried to out a vanillia townie, no matter if your reasoning was correct or not, right?
A little later that day, MOS questioned the reasoning of his vote on Ibby, which I hadn't really paid much attention to when I first responded to Lordy's post, but he was right; there was no good reason for that vote on her he made, and combined with the earlier issues I'd had with him that seemed more then enough reason for a vote.
Yosarian2 wrote:Yeah.
vote:Lordy
"I think X is just a vanillia townie" is suspicious enough; then randomally OMGUS voting that same person (who he just said he thought was a townie?) just pushed it over the edge for me.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:44 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Back. Will read and post tonight...
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Sorry guys, I forgot about this game for a while because I was using someone else's computer and the bookmarks were gone. I'll post content later today.
Blank.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I'm back too. It's nice to see active replacements.

I agree that bluemonick's statement about being nabbed by his scumbuddy is something that shouldn't be ignored. The problem I'm having with it is that the first person that comes to mind for me is Fuldu, who has appeared fairly pro-town to me. He essentially was the one that called BS first and the wagon initially formed based on his argument, which I very much agreed with.

Others who look like possibilities are Masterchief (now InHim) and Yosarian. It's interesting that those two are now at each other's throats. MC based on the post where he made his vote. I know this is difficult to defend replacing in for inHim, but unfortunately actions of the predecessor don't just magically disappear. My thinking with Yosarian is more based on the fact that, his questioning did help lead to MC's breakdown, as he's said himself, regardless of if he actually voted or not. My problem with the Yosarian theory is that, like me, he was attacked by bluemonick with spurious reasoning.

I'm not quite sure why TSS made me the most likely candidate for being the scumbuddy since he didn't give any reasoning behind it. While I know that I am not who he (bluemonick) was referring to, I will say that bluemonick attacked me based on shoddy reasoning to which I responded. As I did so, he dug himself deeper. I don't consider that nabbing him.

There's been some comments about my interactions with Yosarian. Yes, we're getting along well in this game. On my part, I've felt that Yosarian's points have been sound and haven't found much that he's done to be suspicious. I also think some of this comes from Day 1 when Yosarian and I were both more active than most other people in the game.

I'm still suspicious of Harry Potter. He hasn't given me much reason to move my vote. I do realize a deadline is coming and will be willing to move my vote elsewhere if necessary before then.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:33 am

Ibby, not to derail you from your current vote, but would you care to share your thoughts on BabyJesus and the fact that he is ignoring the charges brought against him?
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:38 am

Post by ibaesha »

I don't really know about BJ. To me he appears to be doing his typical thing so it's difficult to judge. I'm not opposed to moving my vote to him as we approach deadline based on his unhelpfulness, but the same could be said for Harry Potter.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:31 am

My point is that his play SEEMS consistent, but if you look at the content (such as WHO he's voting for rather than just the fact that he's votehopping), you see that he looks decidedly less protown than usual.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”