Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:04 am

Post by Zdenek »

So yeah, reading the thread, I'm laughing my ass off at Thor defending himself by asking people to explain how he's scum in any way. It's scum complaining about being caught for what he thinks is the wrong reason (except, it's not the wrong reason.).

Jal obv. town is something I totally don't see considering her pushes on almost conf. town, after they were almost conf. town.

To regfan, I've explained my town read on MockingJaye. Yes, there's a serious lack of posting from her, but when she showed up she looked okay. It's true that she fits with both scum teams, but for me the game is not at the point where I'm willing to lynch a slot that's not a scum read because of PoE. That said, Anxiety's push against Jal when he replaced in, and now backing off of Thor is a problem for me, but only if one of them flips scum, and I'd rather investigate that possibility by lynching Thor

Just to clear this shit about what I was saying about Feysal's meta up. I simply don't think that his meta is going to get us very far in trying to read him. He's obviously a player who pays attention to his own meta, and I strongly suspect he's sort of player who will try to adjust his play. I think that the case for him being scum is fine and that the defense of him being town based on his meta is weak. He's never been my first choice, but it's compromise time, so I'm happy to vote there.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Timeater »

Jal obv. town is something I totally don't see considering her pushes on almost conf. town, after they were almost conf. town.

Examples of this?
watch for the eggshells
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 4, Votecount 20

Thor665 (5) - 4nxi3ty, Minimum, Zdenek, Tyene Sand, Lyanna Stark
Timeater (4) - Magua, Feysal, kortul, Regfan
Feysal (6) - Plums Yo Mamma, BBmolla, Pandora, Benmage, AuororusVox, Timeater

Zdenek (1) - Thor665

Not Voting (1):
Shinori

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline
: 9th October at 19:30pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-10-09 14:30:47)
kortul is V/la
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2809, Feysal wrote:I am sick, tired and frustrated with the game, and thoroughly disgusted by Plumamma.

Why aren't you replacing out then?

In post 2820, Tyene Sand wrote:What is it with replacements in this game insisting on killing my townreads on their slots?

I dunno, you still haven't explained how I did it - even though I've asked.

In post 2825, Zdenek wrote:So yeah, reading the thread, I'm laughing my ass off at Thor defending himself by asking people to explain how he's scum in any way. It's scum complaining about being caught for what he thinks is the wrong reason (except, it's not the wrong reason.).

You also still haven't really said how I'm scum other than that I'm "ridiculous" so, yeah, I'm whining about it - is that why I'm scum now, or was there previous reasoning?
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:30 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 2828, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2820, Tyene Sand wrote:What is it with replacements in this game insisting on killing my townreads on their slots?
I dunno, you still haven't explained how I did it - even though I've asked.
It's a good thing that I don't have to explain myself to you, then.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Don't you think pointing it out would help all those other idiot towns to vote correctly?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2828, Thor665 wrote:You also still haven't really said how I'm scum other than that I'm "ridiculous" so, yeah, I'm whining about it - is that why I'm scum now, or was there previous reasoning?

Thor is playing dumb.

I've been clear.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2828, Thor665 wrote:You also still haven't really said how I'm scum other than that I'm "ridiculous" so, yeah, I'm whining about it - is that why I'm scum now, or was there previous reasoning?

Thor is playing dumb.

I've been clear.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2826, Timeater wrote:

Examples of this?

Jal 1044 - Snowstorm after the mason claim.
Jal 2118 - D. Edd after he'd just dueled scum.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 2830, Thor665 wrote:Don't you think pointing it out would help all those other idiot towns to vote correctly?
That's boring and I'm not about to bother with a case for you to deconstruct. People should just sheep Minimum.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2832, Zdenek wrote:Thor is playing dumb.

I've been clear.

This is your stated case thus far;

You voted Feysal, said nothing about him, attacked me when I tried to figure out if the meta arguments regarding Feysal made sense or not, said that now Feysal is obv. town,
and conclude by acting as though you saw him as obv. town before I tried to work out if the meta arguments made sense

I don't understand how that makes me scum even if it was true, and it has bits that aren't (highlighted in red).

In post 2834, Tyene Sand wrote:
In post 2830, Thor665 wrote:Don't you think pointing it out would help all those other idiot towns to vote correctly?
That's boring and I'm not about to bother with a case for you to deconstruct. People should just sheep Minimum.

This case on me must be awesome indeed, let's quote Minimum's case;

In post 2728, Minimum wrote:Thor is being really obvious, damn.

Let's not waste any more time and string him up.

Yeah, I'm being "obvious"
Obvious in what way? Like, as in what did I do that was obviously a scum action?

Why is this so hard to get anyone to say?
Oh, right, derp wagon with scum pushing on it - nevermind.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
In other news, Zdenek still needs rope even though he is apparently obv. town in ways no one can explain.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Zdenek »

You've also misrepresented my argument for why I think that the meta arguments about Feysal aren't strong.

In post 2835, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2832, Zdenek wrote:Thor is playing dumb.

I've been clear.

This is your stated case thus far;

You voted Feysal, said nothing about him, attacked me when I tried to figure out if the meta arguments regarding Feysal made sense or not, said that now Feysal is obv. town,
and conclude by acting as though you saw him as obv. town before I tried to work out if the meta arguments made sense

I don't understand how that makes me scum even if it was true, and it has bits that aren't (highlighted in red).

In post 2740, Thor665 wrote:Actually I did it from your reaction to his meta, but, yes, my belief of your alignment colored my belief of his and vice versa. It's very Catch-22
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

That quote strengthens what I'm saying and doesn't suggest that I retroactively made the read backwards in time. It specifically has me even saying when you presented that case was when my opinion shifted - so...
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:28 am

Post by Timeater »

In post 2833, Zdenek wrote:
In post 2826, Timeater wrote:

Examples of this?

Jal 1044 - Snowstorm after the mason claim.
Jal 2118 - D. Edd after he'd just dueled scum.

not buying it really...though maybe i need more context, idk

zdenek can you share your reads on everyone else on the thor wagon?
watch for the eggshells
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2828, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2809, Feysal wrote:I am sick, tired and frustrated with the game, and thoroughly disgusted by Plumamma.

Why aren't you replacing out then?

Replacements ruin games.

Why are you asking this question... and or making the comment?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2838, Timeater wrote:zdenek can you share your reads on everyone else on the thor wagon?

I think Anxiety is probably town, but that's mostly PoE.

Minimum could easily be scum.

Tyene was my strongest scum read, but that read's been weakened by Shinori not tracking her anywhere yesterday and the fact that all of the flips so far have been goons. Also almost everyone else calling her obv. town until recently has caused me to shelve that.

Tammy was a very strong read early in the game, but that's weakened over time, but I'd still say that she's town.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2837, Thor665 wrote:That quote strengthens what I'm saying and doesn't suggest that I retroactively made the read backwards in time. It specifically has me even saying when you presented that case was when my opinion shifted - so...

Then explain how you came to your reads, because that ...vice versa ... catch-22" business in your post make no sense to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2839, Benmage wrote:Why are you asking this question... and or making the comment?

I'm scumhunting - after he answers it I'll be willing to expand, but not before. This isn't rocket science, it is mafia.

Also asked you a question asking you to weigh in on anything. I suppose that technically this counts, but it leaves me sad, so I'll try to be more directed.

What are your reads on Minimum, Zdenek, and Feysal?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2841, Zdenek wrote:
In post 2837, Thor665 wrote:That quote strengthens what I'm saying and doesn't suggest that I retroactively made the read backwards in time. It specifically has me even saying when you presented that case was when my opinion shifted - so...

Then explain how you came to your reads, because that ...vice versa ... catch-22" business in your post make no sense to me.

I said that your take of his meta made him look town.
I also noted that seeing your take of his meta made you look scum.
Considering your push both actions compounded on each other - making a Catch-22 strengthening cycle as well.

Seemed pretty clear what I meant to me - and I can't figure out where you think I was saying I had the read *earlier* than that, wanna clarify that?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Timeater »

bit of a non sequitur here

Does everyone agree that we are dealing with 4 man scumteams, where currently the Stannis faction has 3 players left and the Aegon faction has 2 players left?
watch for the eggshells
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2842, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2839, Benmage wrote:Why are you asking this question... and or making the comment?

I'm scumhunting - after he answers it I'll be willing to expand, but not before. This isn't rocket science, it is mafia.

Also asked you a question asking you to weigh in on anything. I suppose that technically this counts, but it leaves me sad, so I'll try to be more directed.

What are your reads on Minimum, Zdenek, and Feysal?

-Asking a player why he hasn't replaced out... scumhunting... and when he says the same response I just did... What have you ascertained?(As it'll probably be a few RL days before he posts again... and I'd wager a million hats he doesn't bother with your (imo) useless question when there's so much more to be concerned with.)

-Ah yes weighing in... sorry couldn't stop laughing at the initial pointless redunculous assertion. But uhmm we'll go with Slight town-N/A(forgetwhozedreplaced)-and scum... and once again mention I have much to read if I ever eventually get to it.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2843, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2841, Zdenek wrote:

I said that your take of his meta made him look town.

You don't think that after being caught for something as scum, Feysal would try to correct for that?'
Thor wrote:
I also noted that seeing your take of his meta made you look scum.

As far as I can tell, that's because of a misrepresentation on your part of what I said.
[quote="Thor"}
Considering your push both actions compounded on each other - making a Catch-22 strengthening cycle as well.
[/quote]
This is multiball, so that's bullshit.
Thor wrote:
Seemed pretty clear what I meant to me - and I can't figure out where you think I was saying I had the read *earlier* than that, wanna clarify that?

Because you said:
In post 2709, Thor665 wrote:I see him as obv. town - that seems self explanatory at that stage.
You are pushing the wagon.
You are doing so with questionable logic.
QED

which implies in part that you think he is town, and that you think I am scum for pushing a wagon on town. The argument that he'd be cleared as town because someone scummy is pushing the wagon is wrong because this is multiball. Implying that you needed to have a town read on him before hand.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2844, Timeater wrote:bit of a non sequitur here

Does everyone agree that we are dealing with 4 man scumteams, where currently the Stannis faction has 3 players left and the Aegon faction has 2 players left?

I think that's a good guess, but in ASOS there was a larger scum team of, I think, 5 and a small one of 2, so I wouldn't necessarily bet on them being symmetric.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:56 am

Post by Timeater »

Rereading the first few pages there is Feysal's dreaded 'multiball slip.'

Does it still hold up at this point in the game?

I'm gonna say yes

Pedit:

------------------

I know for a fact that Faraday would never:

1. Have uneven scumteams.
2. Have multiball teams larger than 4v4

Read Chrono Trigger neightborhood qt if you doubt me.
watch for the eggshells
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 2848, Timeater wrote:1. Have uneven scumteams.

He modded ASOS, so this is wrong.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”