Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1021, AngryPidgeon wrote:Venmar's claim does seem to hold up. His inventions are very appropriately named and I can't think of why Farnsworth would be scum. Venmar, thoughts? How likely is it that there is a town doc AND mafia doc? I've been loosely assuming that it isn't likely.

- I still don't understand why there has to be a scum doctor. Either the scumteam has a scum doctor, in which case it could explain the failed kills from Piggy, or a roleblocker which would explain Cheery's failed protections. In either case, we either lynch Piggy or Cheery, and i don't want to lynch Cheery.

This is so hard... I want to lynch Piggy to be honest, while also i want to lynch Evil / Qwints. Basically, we lynch Piggy on the suspicion that she is a mafia member, and we get to find out if there's a roleblocker or a doctor depending on what she flips. Or, we lynch Evil and see if Eidolon is telling the truth because at this stage during the night one of the scum is roleblocker/protecting while the other is killing. I want to lynch Piggy, because i REALLY want to believe that Eidolon is town telling us the truth.

UGHHH.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1025, Venmar wrote:I want to lynch Piggy, because i REALLY want to believe that Eidolon is town telling us the truth.

Why would you want to lynch Piggy due to this specifically then and not Qwintz/Cheery? I know you said you have a gut town on Cheery or what not.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If Piggy flips town, then that means she killed Blastoide and tried to kill Qwints. That means that Qwintz was protected by a doctor or she was roleblocked (and Im assuming Cheery is claiming to have protected Roflcopter). Now, if Cheery is also town then we have an issue because he was roleblocked and Qwintz was protected. (Possible but Im still riding the assumption that there isn't a regular doctor and a mafia doctor). So this SEEMS to imply that one of Cheery/Piggy MUST be scum. And I don't think both are (previous post). So if I were a gambling man (and I am) I'd throw down on the team being Eid/Qwints + Cheery/Piggy.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

To further my train of thought, if Cheery/Piggy are both town then the last two scum almost have to be PRs (RB and Doc specifically). And they would have to be among Eid/Qwintz/Evil. Qwintz/Evil is thus impossible because of the negative track. Evil/Eid is improbable to me because Eidolon then lied for him and that would be suicide should he flip scum. Also they then protected Qwintz just to mess with us? Qwintz/Eid is possible and that makes Eid the doc / Qwints the RB. Circular logic is circular.

Anywho, the only VT/VT pairing it could be is Eid/Qwintz. The others are impossible or very unlikely. Even still, I find this one somewhat unlikely but possible.

This is all based on the assumption that Venmar's claim is too good to be fake.

All that said, I do still firmly think that both scum aren't PR claimed and that means I want to lynch from the VT pool.
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

In post 1027, AngryPidgeon wrote:So if I were a gambling man (and I am) I'd throw down on the team being Eid/Qwints + Cheery/Piggy.

If piggy is mafia, I still don't see why they would kill random (Blastoide) over either PR (rofl, fake-claimed rapidcanyon).
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Cheery/Piggy
GS/Inventor VS goon/goon?/doc? Kind of unbalanced in favor of scum team in this event unless its 3xgoon which is improbable. I need to reread the claiming timeline D3, but I think the claim timeline makes this unlikely.
Cheery/Qwintz - GS/Inventor/2Vig VS Doc/goon/goon
Piggy/Qwintz - GS/Inventor/Doc VS RB/goon/goon? - unlikely due to GS presence?
Piggy/Eid - same as above
Qwintz/Eid - GS/Inventor/Doc/2Vig VS goon/RB/doc - seems a little unlikely but possible.

Cheery/Qwints, you scum? Evil why you lurking?

P-edit: if its Piggy + Cheery/Eidolon/Qwintz(#Q) then why kill blastoide? I tend to agree. N2 really needs more consideration than Im giving it. Basically Rofl survived just to be NK'd night 3 do the idea that maybe they left him alone because they are unafraid of him seems a little absurd. It DOES seem likely that he was targeted by the mafia that night. But in that even we know that RC must have been RB'd and that Piggy IS a vig. This also implicitly clears Cheery. That makes the team Eidolon/Qwints.

Tl;dr of my memoirs? Qwints should probably die.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by qwints »

I understand that the Blastoide kill is a weird scum kill, but explain to me why town-alligned piggy kills him? Read piggy's iso, the only thing he says about Blastoid before the kill is "That leaves vijay which I shall see what Fitz does with that slot, AP, Blastoid, Eidolon, #Q and rofl. All of which have town reads - except #Q, he is null until I ISO him."

I think it's more likely that scum said "Hey, let's kill Fry" then a vig said "Hey, I'll kill a lurker who claimed fry." Re-read day 2, and tell me how a town vig pulls the trigger on Blastoid. Also, remember that piggy was trying to cast down on rofl's claim on day 2. Combine that with opposing the TF lynch on his first post, and trying to delay the TF lynch after the rofl guilty and I don't see how he's possibly town.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, so we entered D3 with the Watcher/GS claim.

RC states that no one targeted Rofl N2.
RC states that Tangion/Piggy targeted Eidolon N1.
Piggy claims Vig and that she doesn't know what Tangion did N1.
Venmar claims role madness.
at 631pm: I ask if she has restrictions
at 632pm: She says 2x Vig.
Cheery makes his first post to CC Rc by saying that he targeted Rofl.
Then he claims Doc.
Eid claims Vt.

P-edit: Ok, well I want to do ISOs when I get home.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

God I hope that there is no rolecop. That would add SO many complications.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Quick question before I go into deep deep analysis of why I killed Blastoide because clearly that's what qwints wants here - Why are we all assuming the scum power role cannot make both block/protect
and
kill? Many a game I have played as scum, and many of those I have been a PR, and in all of them I was allowed to make both the kill and the [insert PR ability here]. There's no real reason why this game would be any different and the mod would specifically say - No! The PR can only do their ability and the goons have to do the kill!

I'm just saying, Evil isn't cleared in the slightest. He's probably just a goon, and didn't do anything last night because his partner did. I'm really only willing to lynch evil or qwints today. I'll re-read Cheery... I doubt my mind-set will change on him, but it might.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 409, PiggyGal15 wrote:Toonfighter - I very much dislike this lynch, not to say I don't think TF isn't scum, he's just a null read. I would really love him to come out of hiding and talk to us. If anything, I'd lynch him for lurking... but at this point, I'm tempted to say it's inactivity, not lurking.

I will say this is a REALLY awkward bus/defense/towncred attempt if it is one.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Derp. FTR, Im not supporting a PR lynch today. Reason: Venmar's claim is probably too good to be scum (in fact, so much so that he probably dies tonight). That leaves Piggy/Cheery. Im unsure what to make of them except that them being scum together is pretty unlikely.

That means that at least one of the scum is in the Non-pr pool. Lets kill it and hope its the RB.

@MOD: Is it possible to use items and roles in the same night? (Assuming you are willing to answer that).

Eidolon....................Eidolon. Ya. Her. My rescan of her ISO is........
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 618, PiggyGal15 wrote:
I am the one who shot Blastoide. I thought he might be
lurking scum
and he was my scummiest read with
barely any scumhunting and few posts.

Also, PoE.
I wasn't going to vig any claimed PR - whether I thought they were lying or not - which meant rofl and rc were completely out of the picture.
AP, Cheery and Eidolon were town so that left Venmar, Blastoide, Q, and havingfitz.
Q and havingfitz were pretty much null by the end of the day so that really just left Venmar and Blastoide for my vig shot. Venmar was actually contributing good stuff so I went with Blastoide.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

In post 1036, AngryPidgeon wrote:
@MOD: Is it possible to use items and roles in the same night? (Assuming you are willing to answer that).

Whats an item?

Whats a role?

Whats a night?

Aka, I'm not answering that. If you have a question pertaining to your role then you PM me, for I will not say a word of anything in this thread about my setup.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Some help you are :P
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Whats a help?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh mer gerd. Im writing this all out on paper logic puzzle style. Gimme a bit.

Eid: how do you know it was a tracking item?
Cheery: who did you target.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by qwints »

Okay, this is going to be complicated, so bear with me. Can someone help me confirm that I've got all this right?

Assumptions:
1) There are only 2 mafia left
2) There is no serial killer
3) All claimed PR's are telling the truth

Day 1: VT mislynch

Night 1:
Cheery protects [evil]
Rofl investigates ToonFighter (gun)
Venmar gives [evil] the f-ray
[Piggy] doesn't shoot
Scum kill DGB

So far, so good. Scum are happy with an ascomist lynch. (AngryPidgeon,
DrippingGoofball
Blastoide
roflcopter
Toon Fighter,
Venmar, [qwints]). Then they kill off an active town member who, despite her being on a wrong wagon, they saw as a threat.

Day 2: Toon Fighter lynch after guilty claim.

Night 2:
Cheery protects rofl
Rofl investigates AP (no gun)
[Evil] investigates AP (normal F-ray)
Venmar gives Eidolon the smell-o-scope
[Piggy] shoots Blastoide
Scum kill rofl (fails)

The day is pretty normal. After failing to succesfully push a case, rofl claims guilty and TF is quickly lynched. (Venmar,
roflcopter
, Eidolon,
rapidcanyon
, [evil], AngryPidgeon). AP, Eidolon and Venmar are all on TF during the day before the claim. Piggy, the vig, holds back on hammering in 489, but does point out that rofl is unlikely to be scum if TF is scum in 492. Because of the RC watcher claim, everyone thinks RC or rofl will be dead in the morning.

Instead, the scum try to kill rofl, presumably blocking RC. Rofl investigates AP (as predicted in his 550 accusation of AP). [Evil] investigates AP - perhaps because he thought rofl would be dead?

Day 3: RC lynch after RC's is caught in his lie

Night 3:
Cheery protects rofl (fails)
Rofl investigates ?
eidolon investigates [evil] (no action)
Venmar gives AP ?
[Piggy] shoots [qwints] (fails)
Scum kill rofl

The RC lynch was pretty inevitable once RC was caught in his lie. ( Cheery Dog,
roflcopter
, PiggyGal15, Venmar, AngryPidgeon). Mafia doc protects [qwints] while mafia RB blocks Cheery.

We arrive on day 4 with:

AngryPidgeon, double confirmed to be without a gun.
Cheery Dog, a doc with one successful protect and one failed protect after being outed
Eidolon, a townie who has cleared evil
qwints, a townie who's done nothing
PiggyGal15, a vig with one successful shoot and one failed shoot after being outed
Venmar, a triple confirmed inventor
Evilgorrilaz, a townie cleared by Eidolon
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I havent done any ISO, just got home. Leaning Eidolon right now.

The failed vig on Qwints is really notable though. Obviously it means either Piggy is lying (and therefore is scum), was roleblocked (and then Cheery is scum), or Qwintz was protected (and therefore is likely scum)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

What if Cheery is an RB?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1021, AngryPidgeon wrote:
@Cheery: Did you claim to target Rofl last night I assume?

Yes, and the mod confirmed he got it before today started.

I'd also like to put out a friendly reminder that Angry could still be the mafia doctor.

also UNVOTE: , I just noticed that I went way to far ahead with my reasoning for that vote when I catching up.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Do you really think there are 2 doctors in one game? And if I am the doctor, then who is my RB partner?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

If all the powerroles currently claimed are telling the truth, yes.

Your RB partner would be qwints, since he didn't die after vig shot.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hm k. Well Im not 100% sure what to say about that except that your suspicion kind of adds up.

I will say that Professor Venmar gave me a gift last night.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by Venmar »

I wouldn't specify on what you got AngryPidgeon, keep it to yourself unless you want me to reveal it, as if to make you more certain for my role. I also understand your paranoia that I might be scum, which is fine, but i am curious as to how you can still think that, a fake claim is not given a targeting power, your theory would require me to a scum inventor, which we should all know is not the case with the scum doctor and scum roleblocker theories.

In post 1045, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 1021, AngryPidgeon wrote:
@Cheery: Did you claim to target Rofl last night I assume?

Yes, and the mod confirmed he got it before today started.

I'd also like to put out a friendly reminder that Angry could still be the mafia doctor.

also UNVOTE: , I just noticed that I went way to far ahead with my reasoning for that vote when I catching up.

- "Friendly" reminder? I think scum doctors would still show as guilty to gunsmiths because they're scum for one, and logically a cunning doctor working for the mafia is bound to carry a pistol rather than the normal syringe or knife.

- What was the point of that "reminder"? As a "town" doctor you really should have no reason to believe the scum have a doctor of their own, in which case your comment is concerning to me. What were you planning to accomplish with your comment?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”