Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2915, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:if you vote Feysal, you can free me up to scumhunt elsewhere
if you vote Timeater, Feysal is actually forced to do things after he flips town
either vote is better than insufferable Zdenek vote

1. Oh posh.
2. But if Feysal is scum and I am right about Timeater this is incredibly dumb.
3. Except that either he and I are talking from totally different universes, or he is scum?

Though, seriously, tell you what, I'll lulz hammer right now if you tell me your take on the Zdenek/Thor back and forth? Who do you think is scoring more points there and why? Because I feel I am blatant winning and am being ignored, and I think everyone voting me can't explain their case because there isn't one, and I might be down to slam Feysal and call it a scumbuddy rush to save - but only if I'm right in that perception.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Minimum »

Though, seriously, tell you what, I'll lulz hammer right now if you tell me your take on the Zdenek/Thor back and forth? Who do you think is scoring more points there and why? Because I feel I am blatant winning and am being ignored, and I think everyone voting me can't explain their case because there isn't one, and I might be down to slam Feysal and call it a scumbuddy rush to save - but only if I'm right in that perception.

This is the worst excuse ever to set up a quickhammer on someone you've been calling town and who hasn't even claimed (particularly since you're asking someone who just called you obvtown and is out for Feysal's blood).

You apparently thought Feysal was super-town because Zdenek voted him (despite being multiball), and now you're willing to vote him solely because you wouldn't be a counterwagon unless he was scum? Furthermore, this depends on whether you scored more "points" on Zdenek? (Personally, I don't even care who's "winning" the debate or doing a better job of arguing their points. In fact, part of what bugs me about your posts is that your arguments feel very mechanical. I just think Zdenek's posts look like town and yours look like scum--although part of this is based on CES's confidence, because usually when he's REALLY confident as opposed to just stubborn, he's right.)

If you want to make it super-easy for us to get you lynched tomorrow (because right now, it's like pulling teeth), then go ahead. But I actually ISO'd Feysal today, and have gone from thinking he's an acceptable compromise lynch to a bad one. If you only look at the surface and the pattern his actions fall into, he looks like a good target, because he's inactive, gets overemotional, has given up on defending himself, and has singlemindedly tunneled on Starbuck's slot. But when I look at the actual details of his posts more closely, I feel that he's being genuine about having trouble keeping up with this game and being angry that his reads are ignored. (I can give more concrete examples if it'll sway anyone, since I realize "gut" is kind of weak. But Feysal isn't the kind of player I believe can
fake
rage.) Also somewhat null because this is multiball, but I buy a lot of his scumhunting throughout the middle of D1.

Seriously. Do you want me to quote posts by Lyanna and Zdenek actually saying why you're scummy? Particularly since you seem to keep pretending that Zdenek in particular never argued any points against you beyond "Thor should be playing better than this" when he repeatedly explains just why he finds your vote on him scummy, and Lyanna has got into a wall-off with you.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

In post 2916, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:
In post 2878, Tyene Sand wrote:Replacements and townreads: Thor replaced Jal/Pine, a slot I was reading as Town. Timeater replaced Starbuck/Scumhunter, and I've made plenty clear that this is a strong townread. Their actions so far aren't impressing me.
so why not trust your old townreads a little bit and vote for someone you find unreadable?
No thank you, still busy sheeping Minimum. I've seen Thor argue the exact same way as scum an I'm not buying his nonsense.

Are you seriously telling me that Feysal's hypo-scumteam is so incompetent as to not help him/nudge him via QT during the night phases, at least? Because Feysal looks seriously abandoned like only town-Feysal would be at this stage. I am not moving and I will not contribute to a Feysal lynch.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

unvote
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Minimum - I know that I think the Feysal case is bunk, I've said as much. Nice to see you agree though. Also, his take on Feysal and his take on me is meaningless to the Zdenek question I have except for my own edification.

Also, you still haven't explained jack on me yet, so feel free to do that while we wait for me to lulzhammer.

Or maybe, y'know, explain to me how I'm utter nuts for not only thinking how what I'm doing isn't scummy but that I've winning/have won the debate with Zdenek?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2928, Lyanna Stark wrote:
unvote

Wanna vote Zdenek or explain how I'm crazy and vote me?
That would be sexy.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Maybe one day you'll explain to me how mafia is about "winning" arguments instead of using them as springboards for figuring out alignments and getting your scumreads lynched, Thor. As it stands, I believe your play reeks of scum from that attitude.

...there I go arguing with my scumreads again. I hereby refuse to turn this into a back and forth and I'm thankful there is a night phase coming up.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

THOR YOU QUIT DERAILING MY WAGON OR I WILL VOTE YOU
GOD DAMN IT
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 2925, Thor665 wrote:Though, seriously, tell you what, I'll lulz hammer right now if you tell me your take on the Zdenek/Thor back and forth? Who do you think is scoring more points there and why? Because I feel I am blatant winning and am being ignored, and I think everyone voting me can't explain their case because there isn't one, and I might be down to slam Feysal and call it a scumbuddy rush to save - but only if I'm right in that perception

I don't want your lulzhammer.
If you want to talk about Zdenek/Thor, talk about Feysal/Nacho. What the hell am I not seeing that everyone else is? Why is he town?

In post 2926, Minimum wrote:I can give more concrete examples if it'll sway anyone

This is what I would like very dearly.

Right now, the only reason I see people disagreeing with me is because Feysal is lurking too hard, or because I'm pushing it too hard and I have confirmation bias. This isn't exactly acceptable to me, so please stop ignoring me. Please.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Damn you people. You know how susceptible I am when I'm in a state of self-doubt.

Thor - I'm not voting zdenek. He would need to dance though the thread singing I'm a scumbag baby in order for me to vote him. He's a town read...I don't vote town reads.

As far as you winning this argument, you're not. Your argument is unsound and is not based in the facts of the situation or in his motivations. You took a post out of context and started arguing...you say scum him doesn't like votes on him, but I'm willing to wager that town him doesn't either. You are not seeking Zedenek's alignment, you are constructing your argument to prove why he is scum. Th meta argument between the two of you is irrelevant as well, saying you are better in other games doesn't mean anything to your alignment here. I'm not really sure why you're trying to push that because you seem to be obfuscating the issue by using whatever argument he makes and turning it back on him to make him look bad. Furthermore your trying to paint his voting you immediately due to functionally no pressure is bad. You're not even looking at why that wasn't even scummy that he did that, in fact the act was more town than anything. If you were town here, you'd be trying to determine alignments rather than placing alignments. I'm not seeing that on a genuine level at all.

Regarding feysal - as I re-read through him today I was reminded how much I hated on a gut level his choose vote on tyene, it was awful. I also have a problem with him calling moi town too soon. I know I said this on day one but it struck me as off. In GvE he seemed so genuinely paranoid of moi and they were quite obviously town in that game, but he hounded them the entire day one. He talked about the shameless lies moi was known for on day two when pine took flack for investigating them. So, his immediacy in giving him a town read read off, though I will accept some games you get reads differently than others. I know that feysal is a Waller and explains things in detail, but the way he explained his "multiball scum slip" read as over forced and off...mostly the kind of how dare you suspect me in this way thing rubbed me the wrong way. (not the how dare you aspect because, hello, but the way that he constructed his argument)

Meh, I'll re-vote in the morning. I'm still okay with a feysal lynch. I'm also still fine with a thor lynch. I'll also contribute to the Tim lynch if that picks back up - lack of town read + really liking the pleasant 75 degree game we've had for the most part makes that lynch fine as far as I'm concerned.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Magua »

Timeater lynch isn't happening today.

VOTE: Feysal
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2933, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:If you want to talk about Zdenek/Thor, talk about Feysal/Nacho. What the hell am I not seeing that everyone else is? Why is he town?

The case on him is 'playstyle' and shallow to my perception.

:Oh, look, he didn't interact with these scummy people, he must be a scum buddy!"
"He also didn't interact with the other team's scum...he must be...a potential scumbuddy...yes...?"

All that establishes is his play lacked functional interactions and also that a number of players also basically ignored him.
Scum from two different teams calling the lurker on the town side of null hardly sells me either.

The best you have is the soft support for the scumbuddy while trying to push through another lynch, but I'm not sure that's as much of a slam dunk as you think it is.

Wanna tit for tat me now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Lyanna - how did I misconstrue his case?
Also - his meta reaction to me as scum when i was town and his comments about the 'Thor iz betta' case really are quite applicable. Also him saying they're not for an awkward hypocrisy angle that doesn't hold through to hand wave it away doesn't either.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Minimum »

Thor, so are you saying that you asked Nacho his thoughts on you vs. Zdenek just for your personal edification? That threat to hammer Feysal if Nacho reassured you that you were totally making Zdenek look like Barack Obama in the first presidential debate--it wasn't true?

Also, how much of this game have you read? And do you have a reason for thinking Feysal is town in a vacuum, not just "People's reasons for suspecting Feysal are bad"?

I was going to tell you why I suspected you
again
, Thor, but then I remembered this:
In post 2741, Thor665 wrote:Why am I such an obv. scumbag?
I would expect Mina to want to scream that one from the heavens to prove how clever she is, so...?

And I think I should learn to control my raging ego and not show off.

To add to Lyanna's point, I'll add that I wouldn't have minded if you found Zdenek's interpretation of Feysal's meta suspicious, but then you 1) pushed that one point beyond all proportion, acting as though he was confirmed scum, and 2) seemed not to have noticed that the rest of Zdenek's play was town-motivated, or that those kind of opinions aren't out of character for him.

(Tyene, remind me to link to that article if I somehow end up in a game with MagnaofIllusion again and he goes, "You've just announced that you refuse to respond to my point-by-point rebuttal of your post, or to interact with me in anyway? That means I win, because you've given up!" Speaking of which, I think I'd be less confused if this was MoI and not Thor. I'm surprised to see someone who says "BullSmurf" with a straight face be so abrasive and irritable this game. Link to a scum game where he played similarly to this--ideally with an explanation as to how--by the way? And while you're at it, the game where Timeater swore off making personal attacks ever?)

I'm not StefanB-level confident that Feysal is a mislynch, Nacho. (My weak gut town reads--as opposed to my
strong
gut town reads--aren't super-reliable, and I might be severely underrating his scum game.) I'd also feel a lot better if he wasn't using his temper tantrum as an excuse to avoid the thread. And I believe that you believe in your case on Feysal.*

But this post, in particular, looks genuine--the bolded as well as other comments he's made feel as though he's genuinely angry that he can't keep up with the game, and in more of a town "not enough time to scumhunt" way). It's also the unbridled rage he manifests at having his Starbuck case doubted, and his reaction to the people voting him for what he sees as stupid reasons (yes, I'm a hypocrite for finding it scummy when Thor does it, but I think this is player- and context-dependent). Even when Feysal is scum, he isn't duplicitous when it comes to his emotions. I agree with Tammy that his first couple of posts were bad, but later on, it seemed as though he was trying to read people (although yes, multiball). This post is pretty solid, for example. His greenknight reread wasn't as bad/confirmation-biasy as I'd remembered it being at the time, either.

My other half also thinks Feysal is a suboptimal lynch due to being generally easy to read--therefore, if we're
not
confident on his alignment yet, we should wait a day phase or so for it to become obvious one way or another.

*Since you said you wanted people's reads on you: at the time, I felt as though your reaction to the Choose kind of cleared you, since you seemed genuinely eager to get chosen and helped the wagon along. Since then, I had some niggles based on your inactive period and based on a couple of things you've said that felt a bit forced/overconfident, but found you protown overall...but it takes a lot of energy and stress for me to decide if someone's scum, so it's a waste for me to expend it on you.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2938, Minimum wrote:Thor, so are you saying that you asked Nacho his thoughts on you vs. Zdenek just for your personal edification? That threat to hammer Feysal if Nacho reassured you that you were totally making Zdenek look like Barack Obama in the first presidential debate--it wasn't true?

The world shall never know because Nacho refused to play.

In post 2938, Minimum wrote:Also, how much of this game have you read? And do you have a reason for thinking Feysal is town in a vacuum, not just "People's reasons for suspecting Feysal are bad"?

I've read what I've said I read - I haven't been shy about clarifying that.
And, yeah, if you take away the reasoning for not liking the case I don't have any reasoning for not liking the case.

In post 2938, Minimum wrote:I was going to tell you why I suspected you
again

Link to the first time you did (maybe even a rough post number or page number or something)?
I missed it.

In post 2938, Minimum wrote: 1) pushed that one point beyond all proportion, acting as though he was confirmed scum, and 2) seemed not to have noticed that the rest of Zdenek's play was town-motivated, or that those kind of opinions aren't out of character for him.

1. This only counts if you think I'm making up the points and don't believe them - I will presume you don't find the aggressiveness of the push to be unusual for me because you should know better than that. So...I don't see the tell there really.

2. Correct, I have not noticed this.

In post 2938, Minimum wrote:I'm surprised to see someone who says "BullSmurf" with a straight face be so abrasive and irritable this game. Link to a scum game where he played similarly to this--ideally with an explanation as to how--by the way?

Why would you need that, you think I'm scum.
Wouldn't you want a town game of the same?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2939, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2938, Minimum wrote:I was going to tell you why I suspected you
again

Link to the first time you did (maybe even a rough post number or page number or something)?
I missed it.

2875?
Where you point out that it's scummy for me to have accurately noted that Zdenek is pulling the 'Thor should be betta' tell from his rectum?

You also have the 'Thor is really obvious' post - but I don't think that one counts.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by Minimum »

Thor, if all you have for me is flippant obtuseness and whining, then I'm not going to bother engaging with you, just yelling, "Lynch Thor! Lynch Thor! Lynch Thor!" over and over again. If you'd taken the effort you've expended chasing down anyone who looks at you funny to explain every point they mean and clogging the thread with quote walls, and used it to read the game (or at the very least, the players you claim to find obvscum/obvtown), then you would not be in this mess in the first place. You sound increasingly as though your only goal is self-preservation.

I've hinted at my reasons in my posts. If you can't find them, I don't care.

You're claiming that Feysal is town because according to you, the entire case against Feysal is based solely on connections to flipped scum (which isn't actually true). But you haven't said anything to show you've so much as read a single post by Feysal. Feysal can be scum and still fit as a partner to both scumteams. Never mind that Zdenek has already called you on your moving the goalposts re: your Feysal read.

And I only asked for a scum game because Tyene said you played
like this
as
scum
? Duh?
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 4, Votecount 24

Thor665 (3) - 4nxi3ty, Minimum, Tyene Sand
Timeater (2) - Feysal, kortul
Feysal (8) - Plums Yo Mamma, Pandora, Benmage, AuororusVox, Timeater, Zdenek, BBmolla, Magua

Zdenek (1) - Thor665
4nx3ty (1) - Regfan

Not Voting (2):
Shinori, Lyanna Stark

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline
: 9th October at 19:30pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-10-09 14:30:47)
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Post by Minimum »

Magua, you should move your vote to Thor. Your reasons for suspecting him are a lot stronger than those for suspecting Feysal.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by Minimum »

Oh, a random question:

AurorusVox, what made you decide that Timeater of all people was the best person in the game to declare your bestest buddy ever and sheep blindly? Particularly since he'd just replaced in?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Post by Regfan »

11 hours until deadline and I like zero of the leading wagons. I'll be on for the next 8ish hours, if no one joins me on 4nxiety in that time then I'll move at deadline but SERIOUSLY, read and then help me actually lynch fucking scum.

In post 2905, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:No. It brings up the fact that Feysal only having one scum read that he has not added to since PAGE FUCKING 3, which is not a meta point that tunneling = scummy because that's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that he is pushing and pushing for reasons that are sorely fucking outdated, which is scummy. Not that he is tunneling. I never said or implied that he was scummy because he was tunneling.

Yes, you guys did, it was the absolute crunk of Plums case, it's spoilered below, the argument of 'NOT UPDATING READ = SCUM!" that you're bringing up now also isn't strong, interaction wise there's little between Starbuck and anyone, and Scumhunter and anyone because of their sheer lack of contributions and content and Starbuck pretty much didn't post anything for a 10 day or so period with Scumhunter proddoding and trolling for a similar length, so overall there was little to nothing for him to update his read upon or change his mind so you pushing that he's scum for not changing his mind, updating his read and such is pure shit. Seriously.

Spoiler:
In post 2545, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:I don't buy Feysal being completely tunnelvisioned laser-focused Town.

Seriously. He funnels all of his energy into ignoring the lot of this and repushing his Starbuck case and prod-dodging. Feysal, I am not interested in your Starbuck case or attacking it, and neither is my other head. Frankly. The fact that you're still pushing this case as-is and daring anyone to make points against it if they want to have any say regarding you and your scumhunting is stupid. We've gone past the point that Starbuck is in this game to make argument about Starbuck-specific things. We've gone way way past the point that anyone arguing about a case specifically on Starbuck's actions is useful or coherent. Note that I'm not saying your case isn't lucid; I'm sure in itself it is perfectly understandable. But it's nice and easy to make a case that is days old and have that be your contribution, and challenge everyone who thinks you're being lurky and disingenuous on that. It's nice and easy to make a case and that is damn well why cases are scummy. It's nice to make a dramatic front about "That is the story Starbuck would have us believe, and far too many accepted her explanation".
But that doesn't make you more of a scumhunter or less of a posturer

In post 2907, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Regfan, you should especially pay attention to this vote unless you already forgot the StefanB lynch.
In post 1660, Regfan wrote:don't think Shadow faking what essentially is a guilty on Bvoigt here as scum at all, it'd be suicidal which unfortunately means that my town-read on Bvoigt is wrong and even worse it means that Nacho wins a round.

Yes, and your Greenknight case was wrong and my DCL one was right, so all up I don't see any reason why I should be ignoring you being wrong here and sheep.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

Regfan wrote:so overall there was little to nothing for him to update his read upon or change his mind so you pushing that he's scum for not changing his mind, updating his read and such is pure shit.

Come with me, Regfan.

In post 507, Feysal wrote:
UNVOTE: Starbuck
VOTE: SnowStorm

I'm no more fond of Starbuck than before,
but she is also not doing anything.

Now, if Feysal doesn't exactly feel like he has the material to keep the Starbuck lynch going, then why would he post something like this? If he is the stubborn townie who is absolutely convinced that he is right, then why would he back down now? My opinion is because he got distracted by a shiny juicy wagon and decided to follow it for a while. Yours is...?

In post 1115, Feysal wrote:UNVOTE: SnowStorm
Unchoose: Tyene Sand

Now, after wagoning a claimed mason, Feysal reanalyzes things a bit by unvoting, unchoosing, and presenting his case on Starbuck. But does he revote her? Nope. Instead, he presents the case for pretty much no reason (there were two solid wagons at that point and he commented on neither of them when he most definitely either could have or attempted to restart the Starbuck wagon on his own, but did not.
He eventually ended up voting bvoigt near the end of the day, which is good stuff but he pretty much dropped Starbuck to the wayside until someone voted scumhunter at the beginning of today. Hmmm...

And then, he's posted this:
Feysal wrote:Speaking of absurdities, watching this Thor wagon has been a constant experience of what-the-hell. No way I'm joining that, even to save my own life, even though I currently hate him for that speedlynch for yucks quip. You could not think of anything more discouraging to post, could you? Since seeing that I have done no more than skimming along. I don't much care to see what sort of abuse is in store for me in those posts I did not read.

Which makes sense because so many people are calling him town for his tunneling habits. Doesn't quite make sense to lynch him over yourself, but HEY.

Speaking of Feysal's tunneling habits, have you noticed that his frustration has been less about the fact that Starbuck was getting lynched and more about my attacks on him?
Yeah.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Post by kortul »

I checked the ChronoTrigger game, and Feysal feels different there, both in playing style and on emotional level. I agree that he may adjust his playing style, but i am not sure whether he is good enough to fake changes on emotional level as well (being mostly a logical player). His town games differ too, so i can't say he is matching his town meta either. I still slightly suspect Feysal logically, but don't see him as scum emotionally.

I still suspect Timeater slot, but after this entrance claim that i don't like, Timeater play today is natural.

Zdenek first posts on Feysal meta weren't exactly clear, and i can see why Thor665 attacked him, but the very next post explains his thoughts, so Thor continuing his attack isn't exactly logical in my eyes. But if he is town this is genuine attack, for reasons/logic known only to him, and if he is scum then the most probable reason for attack is deflecting people from a buddy wagon, and without the knowledge of Feysal alignment this reason is only speculative.

UNVOTE:

Timeater lynch isn't happening today, chances for 4nx are even smaller, and while i had slight suspicions on Jal, Thor play today makes sense mostly if he is scum together with Feysal, so lynching Feysal first is more logical. Which means that even though i don't like it, i am
ready to hammer Feysal

I am here until deadline and want to give a chance to those who want to say something to give their thoughts before the night, so will do it a bit later. Oh, and Stannis faction may take another look at my observations in post 2637.
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

Minimum, I appreciate you. The first post you quoted was the basis of my townread for a while which was slaughtered after an in-depth reading of him, so I do see your point. But then there was this:

In post 2938, Minimum wrote:It's also the unbridled rage he manifests at having his Starbuck case doubted, and his reaction to the people voting him for what he sees as stupid reasons

Which I somewhat disagree with you on. Based on how strongly he felt about the Starbuck wagon, he let it go far too easy. He did not complain when he did let it go at the beginning (when he felt the strongest, presumably). Hell, he didn't even complain when the Scumhunter/Timeater wagon rose and fell. I probably just got done saying this, but I find it a scumtell when people are more indignant in their cases being attacked as opposed to the wagon on their scumread disintegrating.

Also sort of in that vein, he never really seemed to reread Starbuck or Scumhunter or Timeater; he just reused the intial case and said "welp, no one's done anything amazing so I am obviously right". Even now, I am rereading Feysal and going through his meta and looking through his posts and actually checking things, but I don't really feel he's done any of that.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 2946, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Now, if Feysal doesn't exactly feel like he has the material to keep the Starbuck lynch going, then why would he post something like this? If he is the stubborn townie who is absolutely convinced that he is right, then why would he back down now? My opinion is because he got distracted by a shiny juicy wagon and decided to follow it for a while. Yours is...?

I think his moving vote was due to him realizing that his case wasn't going anywhere (Not neccesarily that it was wrong or that he lost faith in it but rather a realization that he's better of voting elsewhere for the time being) and him voting an alternate scum-read makes sense there.

In post 2946, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:Now, after wagoning a claimed mason, Feysal reanalyzes things a bit by unvoting, unchoosing, and presenting his case on Starbuck. But does he revote her? Nope. Instead, he presents the case for pretty much no reason (there were two solid wagons at that point and he commented on neither of them when he most definitely either could have or attempted to restart the Starbuck wagon on his own, but did not. He eventually ended up voting bvoigt near the end of the day, which is good stuff but he pretty much dropped Starbuck to the wayside until someone voted scumhunter at the beginning of today. Hmmm... [Snip] Speaking of Feysal's tunneling habits, have you noticed that his frustration has been less about the fact that Starbuck was getting lynched and more about my attacks on him?

Don't think making a case but not laying down a vote is a big thing at all. Think he 'he dropped the case by the wayside' is more of him not being super active to push it the way it needed to be done. Do agree that his frustration with being suspected rather than a Starbuck lynch not going through is bad but at the same time I think he's just annoyed, incredibly annoyed with the game as a whole and his last few posts show that.

I'll make you a deal though since it seems inevitable that Feysal will get hammered and no one will join me. If he flips scum, I'll humbly sheep you tomorrow and you'll have control of my vote barring it being on a super strong town-read but if he flips town then I own your vote for the entirety of tomorrow. And just a heads up, this still counts if I die tonight where you can automatically assume that my strongest scum-read is still 4nxiety and vote him. Do we have a deal?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”