buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:26 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 1446, Maenara wrote:
In post 1445, combinatorialEnigma wrote:This is Mafiascum, not some social justice warrior idiot's tumblr.

In post 0, mith wrote:#You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site. Within a game, criticism of another player's play is acceptable - making it personal is not, and may result in action by the moderator of that game. Outside a game, determination of the intention of the poster will be made by mith, or someone appointed by mith.
# Most "swear" words are not banned. However, going out of your way to annoy or upset users who find certain words offensive falls under the previous guideline.
# Certain words which are particularly offensive to a group of people (by race, gender, sexual orientation, or mental capacity) may be deleted on sight depending on the context.

Indeed. This is Mafiascum. And you might wish to acquaint yourself a bit better with the bloody rules of the place, instead of insulting me when I ask another player to keep it a bit more civil.
I don't think much of a distinction can be made between calling someone a retard and claiming that someone has limited mental capacity. Either way, I shouldn't answer personal insults with personal insults and for that I only blame myself. I'll try to be more civil.
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 am

Post by combinatorialEnigma »

Can we just lynch someone before this game crashes and burns even harder, and then never speak of this whole shitstorm again?
"Pro-town - the new anti-town behavior." ~buldermar
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 am

Post by mykonian »

votecount

combinatorialEnigma (5): jun, majiffy, smashbard, dividizzle, maenara
maenara (5): hiraki, NJAC, combinatorialEnigma, theomoaner, buldermar
hiraki (1): Thebuttonmen

not voting (1): 10506670

With 12 players it is 7 to lynch (6 to no lynch)

deadline is on the 27th of oktober
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

I like Maffy's style.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Smashbard »

*Sigh*.

If Enigma can't be scum because of his attitude, what use is he being kept around? If he has truly lost any interest in this game and doesn't want to play anymore, he needs to replace out. I know that's a daunting task for any potential replacement to take on, but at this point I have only two options.

1) Lynch Enigma. And let the chips fall. If we as a town suck so fucking much that we can't possibly catch scum in a million years, scum deserves to win. Because whoever they are they have remained so under the radar that we will never be able to catch them without an investigative role.

2) Keep Enigma alive. Where he proceeds to never be useful, never scumhunt, never pose his opinions, fill the thread with spam and otherwise become a third party Town Outsider whose sole goal is to ruin the game for everybody else by refusing to help us reach our win condition.

What is the point? If we're going to lose anyway, I offer myself up for the Lynch if Enigma comes up town. Because at that point, I would be just like him. I would just want to throw in the towel and let scum win.

I believed Pirate Mollie to be scum trying to undermine the towns efforts without a shadow of a doubt.

I believed Shinori was scum trying to lay lo and fence sit his way through the game, without a shadow of a doubt.

I believe Enigma to be scum who's made a huge scumslip and proven that Jun is town, without a shadow of a doubt.

If I continue to be wrong with example #3, I may just retire from Mafia as a player and just Mod games from now on. Because obviously my scumdar is so far off it's rocker the Scum must be high fiving each other during the night phase on how little effort they have to put in this game because the retarded ass Mason is doing all the work for them.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:57 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 1448, Maenara wrote:1) I meant that I'm a new player playing sorta poorly, in case you hadn't noticed. "Depending" on me is stupid; you should listen to my opinion, and weigh my arguments, but depending on me is out of the question, and hence a lousy hypothetical.

Just to clarify: are Buldermar and Theo obv. town? and when you said "depending on which
side
you lean to", what do you exactly refer to with "side" and how it relates to Buldermar and Theo, who of them is in the good side?

Now, just because you're a newb it doesn't mean you can't understand the game and be confident about yourself, right? Buldermar led the Shinori's wagon and he was wrong, he's not been in the site much longer than you, but he was confident about his read and tried to lead town where he thought was the best lynch. Think about it and tell me why town couldn't depend on you at any moment, just like it could depend on any of us...

Your play is harmful for town as you just point out some "scummy" things but you're not confident about it (and don't even care to press your scummy read enough) and spread your votes everywhere when there's a chance. If your wagons don't gain the "traction" you expect, maybe it's because you're not pushing enough, so you, in an OPPORTUNISTIC way, simply goes over someone who has gained that "traction".

This play of you is making you look very scummy and that's why my bet is on you...
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Smashbard »

In post 1455, NJAC wrote:
In post 1448, Maenara wrote:1) I meant that I'm a new player playing sorta poorly, in case you hadn't noticed. "Depending" on me is stupid; you should listen to my opinion, and weigh my arguments, but depending on me is out of the question, and hence a lousy hypothetical.

Just to clarify: are Buldermar and Theo obv. town? and when you said "depending on which
side
you lean to", what do you exactly refer to with "side" and how it relates to Buldermar and Theo, who of them is in the good side?

Now, just because you're a newb it doesn't mean you can't understand the game and be confident about yourself, right? Buldermar led the Shinori's wagon and he was wrong, he's not been in the site much longer than you, but he was confident about his read and tried to lead town where he thought was the best lynch. Think about it and tell me why town couldn't depend on you at any moment, just like it could depend on any of us...

Your play is harmful for town as you just point out some "scummy" things but you're not confident about it (and don't even care to press your scummy read enough) and spread your votes everywhere when there's a chance. If your wagons don't gain the "traction" you expect, maybe it's because you're not pushing enough, so you, in an OPPORTUNISTIC way, simply goes over someone who has gained that "traction".

This play of you is making you look very scummy and that's why my bet is on you...

For this, my scum read of you dissolves.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 am

Post by NJAC »

@Smash: Stop your frustrated attitude. Man it's a game sometimes you win, sometimes you just don't. Why do you give up at this point, when there's still so much to try and we need you cause you're one of the two confirmed townies?

If you truly believe someone is scum, go ahead and push his lynch with all you have. If you're not that sure, generate content that helps you decide, and also listen to the other players who are actually interested in the scumhunt. You, Majiffy and Jun should join us...
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

In post 1454, Smashbard wrote:*Sigh*.

If Enigma can't be scum because of his attitude, what use is he being kept around? If he has truly lost any interest in this game and doesn't want to play anymore, he needs to replace out. I know that's a daunting task for any potential replacement to take on, but at this point I have only two options.

1) Lynch Enigma. And let the chips fall. If we as a town suck so fucking much that we can't possibly catch scum in a million years, scum deserves to win. Because whoever they are they have remained so under the radar that we will never be able to catch them without an investigative role.

2) Keep Enigma alive. Where he proceeds to never be useful, never scumhunt, never pose his opinions, fill the thread with spam and otherwise become a third party Town Outsider whose sole goal is to ruin the game for everybody else by refusing to help us reach our win condition.

What is the point? If we're going to lose anyway, I offer myself up for the Lynch if Enigma comes up town. Because at that point, I would be just like him. I would just want to throw in the towel and let scum win.

I believed Pirate Mollie to be scum trying to undermine the towns efforts without a shadow of a doubt.

I believed Shinori was scum trying to lay lo and fence sit his way through the game, without a shadow of a doubt.

I believe Enigma to be scum who's made a huge scumslip and proven that Jun is town, without a shadow of a doubt.

If I continue to be wrong with example #3, I may just retire from Mafia as a player and just Mod games from now on. Because obviously my scumdar is so far off it's rocker the Scum must be high fiving each other during the night phase on how little effort they have to put in this game because the retarded ass Mason is doing all the work for them.

Enjoy your retirement.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Maenara »

In post 1455, NJAC wrote:
In post 1448, Maenara wrote:Just to clarify: are Buldermar and Theo obv. town? and when you said "depending on which
side

Theo and Buldermar were the only ones actually arguing for stuff, and they disagreed. Hence that.

Buldermar said "Hey, let's do a compromise lynch" and we all did it because time was running out. It's not the same situation.

I press my bloody read, but people ignore it. There's nothing bloody opportunistic about abandoning one's pet wagon and compromising towards the end of the day.

None of what you're saying is making actual sense, and I don't see you scumhunting at all. Should I revoke my town-read on you, or are you going to say something useful? Your playstyle-critique-to-scumhunting ratio is not particularly good. That needs to change.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

Post by theomoaner »

I'm trying hard to come up with a game related post here but there is nothing mush happening so...

@Smash: If you were right all the time there would be little point in playing.

@CE: Stop posting, you don't want to play, fine. Just stop trolling everyone else.

Honestly, this game at the moment is like taking my youngest to school, and watching how the under 10's interact with each other.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

Post by theomoaner »

^ *much*
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Smashbard »

Sure. Lets lynch Mae. Hes still one of my scumreads. And I'm tired of the Dividizzle Tunnel.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Smashbard »

Unvote.
Vote: Maenara.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1434, buldermar wrote:Good job placing into a game with this lazy an attitude. You've proven to be even more useless than the first Mason - a shame that two powerroles would be wasted this way.

Are you kidding me right now? I hunkered down and read 55 pages for a slot that would have stagnated and hurt town without it. You can go fuck yourself.

Bard get your vote back on CE.

CE lynch is ultimately more beneficial than any other lynch today; concretes 2-3 solid alignment-based player interactions, and removes an anti-town at best player.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Smashbard »

Majiffy makes me smile. Funny ass dude. Just sayin.
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by Majiffy »

CE is starting to remind me of SleepyKrew.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Jun
Jun
Goon
Jun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Jun »

This is ridiculous. CE is the biggest scum, anti-town player and yet everyone in this game refuses to lynch him. All he's doing is trolling, yet now Smashbard removes his vote from CE? CE, Buldermar, and Majiffy are just flaming each other with rude and inappropriate language that I was also directed at me a few pages back.

-request replacement

Sorry, I just can't play with Buldermar and CE anymore because of their continued rude behavior in this thread, to me and to the other players in this game. It's frankly unacceptable and leaves a really bad taste in my mouth about this game.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by NJAC »

Wow, don't take it personally Jun. There's a lot of frustration here so you may understand why the tone is getting like that. Remember: it's just a game.

And @all: calm down, take it easy and be tolerant wit those who think different than you...
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by NJAC »

I'm off now, will come later to see what's going on...
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

In post 1467, Majiffy wrote:CE is starting to remind me of SleepyKrew.

Who? I assume this is a bad thing?
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Also, now that Jun's replacing out, quick survey, who of the original players are actually still in the game?
dividizzle
dividizzle
Goon
dividizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by dividizzle »

Jun, please reconsider. This is a very difficult game to replace into and a very crucial point in that game. Finding a replacement and getting him/her caught up would be difficult.

I personally would like to hear opinions from those not on either of the two wagons. @Buttonmen and @numbers : How do the two wagons look to you from the outside and what is your motivation for your current vote status (on Hiraki or no voting)
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1471, combinatorialEnigma wrote:Who? I assume this is a bad thing?

Not necessarily. I think he's a pretty cool guy, eh. He just plays like shit in mafia.

||

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”