Asshat Mole 2012 - Episode 2 (Don't Forget the Rules)

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:00 am

Post by Blackberry »

I think to decide this is a fair manner, anyone that got a 0 or negative score on the first challenge should be ineligible, leaving...

Chevre: 3 Correct/0 Incorrect (+3)
Xalxe: 3 Correct/1 Incorrect (+2)
Blackberry: 2 Correct/0 Incorrect (+2)
D3f3nd3r: 3 Correct/2 Incorrect (+1)
inspiratieloos: 7 Correct/4 Incorrect (+3)

Since
inspiratieloos
&
Chevre
got the highest scores, I'm fine with choosing between them. As stated, I believe this is the fairest method of selection and will encourage ALL of us to perform our BEST in the future if we reward those that are actively trying to win challenges.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:03 am

Post by RedPanda »

I object.

The mole probably knows all the information anyway to help them make a good score.

and four of you in that list didn't even try to guess for eleven. and I believe that is an automatic disqualification for my vote.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 76, RedPanda wrote:I object.

The mole probably knows all the information anyway to help them make a good score.

and four of you in that list didn't even try to guess for eleven. and I believe that is an automatic disqualification for my vote.

Trying to guess for ELEVEN indicates selfishness/wanting an exemption. The goal of the challenge was NOT to guess ALL the players. The goal was to get a POSITIVE score so that we can earn money for the pot. The five players that scored a positive indicated that they knew how to get a POSITIVE score and indicate they are TRYING to help the team get more money. Anyone that got 0 or negative indicated that they were willing to risk a negative or low score and does not care about helping the GROUP get more money. If we choose any of the other players to give the opportunity to get an exemption, they will fight hard for the exemption and not help us get money. However, these players have indicated they are trying to get money for the group, meaning if we want to pick someone who is going to be more likely to NOT fight for their exemption and be more likely to help us make money, we want to choose someone from this group.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:19 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 76, RedPanda wrote:I object.

i didn't try to guess for 11 because any guess i'm less than 50% confident in is a net loss for the team, so that logic is complete and utter bullshit
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:22 am

Post by RedPanda »

I think the mole is the only person who wouldn't want exemption in this game.

and you're talking like $50 to the pot is a big deal. Its not. Negative $50 is also not that big of a deal.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 79, RedPanda wrote:I think the mole is the only person who wouldn't want exemption in this game.

and you're talking like $50 to the pot is a big deal. Its not. Negative $50 is also not that big of a deal.

I don't care for an exemption in this game (especially Round 1) and I am not The Mole >_>. I care more about helping the team make money and screwing up the Mole's plans than I do about my own personal gain. Negative money to the pot is a factor, it indicates which players WANT to help the team out vs. which players are taking risks that harm the team.

Also, RedPanda, you just stated you think The Mole is more likely to know more answers. Logically speaking, if you can't get the exemption your best bet is The Mole winning an exemption because if he wins it doesn't affect your chances of survival. Therefore it is logically in *your* (RedPanda's) best interest to vote for one of those players that you think is also The Mole.

BENEFITS
of selecting someone from that list:
  • They've indicated they want to make money, and are less likely to actually GO for the Exemption. If nobody wins an exemption this round, YOUR chances of survival go up.
  • Rewarding players that are helping the team encourages all players in the future to work towards making money and discourages the scummy players who just throw every challenge because they
    think
    people will suspect them as the mole if they do (i.e., 'trolls').
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 75, Blackberry wrote:I think to decide this is a fair manner, anyone that got a 0 or negative score on the first challenge should be ineligible, leaving...

Since
inspiratieloos
&
Chevre
got the highest scores, I'm fine with choosing between them. As stated, I believe this is the fairest method of selection and will encourage ALL of us to perform our BEST in the future if we reward those that are actively trying to win challenges.

Don't forget Xalxe, who at least ensured that everyone knew/could have known that he was playing and thus probably earned ~€300 that way.

RP, it is about showing commitment to at least try, if the set a baseline that those that help to get the group ahead are in turn helped by the group then it will hopefully motivate people to help the group even if they even if they have a choice to do something that would be more directly in their own favour.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 79, RedPanda wrote:I think the mole is the only person who wouldn't want exemption in this game.

it is

$1950 swing either direction if everyone who didn't guessed the maximum

there's no reason as a player in this game to not want the mole to get an exemption btw; the mole getting an exemption changes nothing, another player getting an exemption increases the chance you will get eliminated, thus your logic is shit and backwards
stream

RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 am

Post by RedPanda »

I think its in my best interest to get your vote for exemption.

I've actually been subtly trying to tell you guys to vote for me. :)
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 am

Post by JDodge »

tl;dr OH LAWDY JESUS NO WHAT IF THE MOLE GETS AN EXEMPTION FROM THE QUIZ THEY'RE ALREADY EXEMPT FROM

i actively want the mole to get the exemption in the game if i don't get it myself
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 83, RedPanda wrote:I think its in my best interest to get your vote for exemption.

I've actually been subtly trying to tell you guys to vote for me. :)

you're about as subtle as a brick being fired out of a civil war era cannon at a drum shop
stream

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

popcorn.gif

RP's logic is shit, but props for proposing different solutions.

I think I'm only comfortable voting for myself (obv) or inspie. There are a couple others on whom I could be swayed, but yeah.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 am

Post by JasonWazza »

There is one thing BB missed in his logic, he didn't take into account who actually found the thread.

So i am
Voting: inspiratieloos
for the exemption.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 81, inspiratieloos wrote:
In post 75, Blackberry wrote:I think to decide this is a fair manner, anyone that got a 0 or negative score on the first challenge should be ineligible, leaving...

Since
inspiratieloos
&
Chevre

Don't forget Xalxe, who at least ensured that everyone knew/could have known that he was playing and thus probably earned ~€300 that way.

I fall under the same scenario as you just mentioned Xalxe did.

Here is my proposal:

If you all want to vote Blackberry, I will NOT go for the exemption if it jeopardizes adding money for the pot
. I highly suspect the scenario will be Exemption Candidate (fighting for exemption) vs the 11 others (fighting for money). If I am selected at the Exemption Candidate, I will throw the challenge to you guys so you can earn money for the sake of the team. I will do this for several reasons...

• I care more about adding money to the pot
    and thwarting the Mole's efforts.
  • I do not care for an Exemption in Round 1.
    There is only a 9% chance of being eliminated, I'm not going to go for an exemption at the expense of 11 other people.
  • I care more about my reputation
    , and am not going to lie to you all to get an Exemption Round 1 which I quite bluntly do not feel I need at all. I would rather show you all I am in this for the team's sake.

If not voting for me, I'd rather vote for CHEVRE or INSPIRA. The only hesitation I have about inspira is that he did in fact guess 11 people for the first challenge, indicating
he feels the need to go for an exemption
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 am

Post by JDodge »

blackberry you lie in these games all the time bullshit your reputation

if elected i promise to do nothing but stay black and die
stream

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 81, inspiratieloos wrote:Don't forget Xalxe, who at least ensured that everyone knew/could have known that he was playing and thus probably earned ~€300 that way.

In post 87, JasonWazza wrote:There is one thing BB missed in his logic, he didn't take into account who actually found the thread.

Just to point out, these two things are also both things that
I
did as well (posted to let everyone know I was playing, actually found the thread).

JDodge, please point out where I lie to benefit myself at the expense of everyone else. If people actually took time to LOOK at my track record, they would find I often keep to my word, especially when I make deals.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 89, JDodge wrote:blackberry you lie in these games all the time bullshit your reputation

JDodge speaketh gospel.

In other news, VOTE: inspiratieloos
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 90, Blackberry wrote:JDodge, please point out where I lie to benefit myself at the expense of everyone else. If people actually took time to LOOK at my track record, they would find I often keep to my word, especially when I make deals.

Seafoam Islands.

I will literally point this out every fucking time you try to do this.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am

Post by JDodge »

don't have to go searching for things people know as fact

you're the one who offered me a coalition with xalxe and then backed out when i said ok~
stream

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Will note vote for BB, for the reasons JDodge stated.

I'll vote for anyone else.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 92, Xalxe wrote:
In post 90, Blackberry wrote:JDodge, please point out where I lie to benefit myself at the expense of everyone else. If people actually took time to LOOK at my track record, they would find I often keep to my word, especially when I make deals.

Seafoam Islands.

I will literally point this out every fucking time you try to do this.

Seafoam Islands
- how far were we into the game before I broke my word? Also, this is an example were I broke YOUR trust, not the trust of the group. I had more people on the other side who I trusted/trusted me than I did your side.

If I am a liar - why did I bluntly tell you to your face "Nevermind, I do not trust you." That seems like something an HONEST person would say, not a DISHONEST person.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 am

Post by JDodge »

like there are few things guaranteed in these mishmash games:

1. i will either be unattached and make it far or make alliances and fall around mid-game

2. blackberry lies

3. jathan is always around whether you know it or not
stream

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 95, Blackberry wrote:
If I am a liar - why did I bluntly tell you to your face "Nevermind, I do not trust you." That seems like something an HONEST person would say, not a DISHONEST person.

you went back on a deal really fucking quickly
stream

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 93, JDodge wrote:you're the one who offered me a coalition with xalxe and then backed out when i said ok~

(also offered to work with others too)

(there's a reason I didn't respond to the PM)
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:20 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

BB, give it up. You're not getting this exemption. Most of the people in this game won't vote for you no matter how much you say. And saying that you don't lie, then syaing thsat you'l llie most of the way through a game is back tracking.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae

Return to “Social Game Archive”