Micro 66 - Robo's F11 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:32 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

If you say gut again, I'm going to assume you're sheeping me. Jus' sayin'.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Wait wat. I'm on Myst now. Never mind.

I don't know why you're on Mit. Now I'm confused. What sort of reaction test are you going for?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Mitillos »

Well, either way, I can't respond to something as insubstantial as "gut". @Tazaro: If you think I am scummy, by all means keep your vote on me, but do look for actual reads, based on reason, instead of feeling.
@Anyone and everyone: What do you think of Klick's insistence on not mentioning PMyst's meta, his vote on Mala and his subsequent unvote? What do you think of Mala's claim about PMyst's meta being too easy for scum to attack? Is either of those scummy? Both? Neither? I'd ask for thoughts on Riggs' lack of content too, but he said he won't be back until today, so that's another stalled place.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Tazaro »

In post 149, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 148, Tazaro wrote:Basically, gut
You just said PM/Riggs were your other guesses. :neutral: Why Mit?

>meant to quote your vote, but it's difficult to change that on my phone<

No, those two would be the most scummy BY DEFAULT, by my asssessment, in the event that no other vote were decided upon.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Tazaro »

In fact, by virtue of the reaction, Mitillos is not a terribly good one to decide upon, so
UNVOTE

PMysterious
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

I'm confused.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Tazaro »

You know what?
A just plain
UNVOTE
. I want reads based on missing people's getting the show on the road with their playing, which hasn't happened.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

And unvoting will make that happen?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Tazaro »

No. Unvoting BEFORE that happens because it will be more informative WHEN that happens
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Mitillos »

As I said, PMyst has been on the site, without talking. Either he can't talk, for whatever reason, or he chooses not to. If it's the former, there's not much we can do, unless either he becomes able to talk and does so, or he is replaced once a prod hits and so on. So, in that case, it is irrelevant (in terms of his reaction) if you vote or not. If it's the latter, i.e. he chooses not to talk, then more votes will mean more pressure, making him more likely to talk.
options
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Tazaro »

For the time being, I am picturing the default situation as "PMysterious is flaky."
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
CommieX
CommieX
Goon
CommieX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 am

Post by CommieX »

V/LA until Saturday (at the latest, depending on meatworld constraints).

I'm really sorry guys, I'm just bogged down right now and I need to rid myself of distractions until the weekend.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Wat. If he's very readable, then it doesn't matter who's played with him before and who hasn't; he's very readable to everyone. Even if they aren't very experienced, they should know the basics of what scum do and what town do; we're not in the newbie forum after all.

No. Misunderstood me. I believe that those who don't know PM or haven't played with PM doesn't necessarily know how to read him. Last game I played with PM, besides F&I, there was an inexperienced scum team who did not know how to read PM. After comments were issued to lay low on PM one of the two scum ended up asking about his meta and when PM was not NK'd led me to believe that person was possible scum.

@Mit: have you recently played any games with PM, if so link please.

I have not been trying to keep pressure off PM, but I was simply reaction testing the waters of players whom I have never played with before. Weak as it was lead me to believe Mit can be possible scum.

Not really understanding Taz's recents votes.

@Klick: I still don't understand how you can get a read off a player by one post. To me it feels like you are trying to defend PM without actually specifically stating that. With that I'm not entirely sure which motivates its from.

@GNR: since your lab is over. Any thoughts on current events?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Mala: I've never played with PMyst before, but because I stalk several games at a time, I've seen him before. I believe it was in Newbie 1275.
options
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 152, Mitillos wrote:
@Anyone and everyone: What do you think of Klick's insistence on not mentioning PMyst's meta, his vote on Mala and his subsequent unvote? What do you think of Mala's claim about PMyst's meta being too easy for scum to attack? Is either of those scummy? Both? Neither? I'd ask for thoughts on Riggs' lack of content too, but he said he won't be back until today, so that's another stalled place.

PM being easy to read is true, however only once you get to know what he plays like. I've completed one game with him, and had mostly read him wrongly.
Although I haven't played with him where he hs been scum yet, I believe based on his meta and what people have told me about it, he acts completely differently from the two alignments. (although I think he has caught onto this since he has managed to win some games as scum recently)
I felt like Klick's plan of not talking about his meta may have been able to draw him out of the woodwork to actually chat (and pretend we don't actually know his playstyle)

I find both of the PM talk about meta to be in the null territory, though I didn't like Klick's vote and then unvote. (or Taz trying to make it out as if that was an actual case)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 am

Post by Tazaro »

Is this a perfect game in which to talk about a policy lynch?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:31 am

Post by Mitillos »

Doubtful. Policy lynches are probably not good ideas. What exactly were you thinking of?
options
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Tazaro »

Would PMysterious be consider-able, in the light of common knowledge, as a policy lynch?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Mitillos »

I'd rather we get answers than risk a mislynch, without even getting information.
options
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Eh. I really dislike policy lynches. There's only two players who I will attempt to PL and they are not in this game. Honestly, I rather go for information as a scummy player than risk killing a town just because of the way they play.

Not trying to stop your discussion and I'm totally open to talking about it, but I'm not willing to help PL.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by PMysterious »

In post 167, Tazaro wrote:Would PMysterious be consider-able, in the light of common knowledge, as a policy lynch?

To answer. pretty much. PLing me is the same thing as saying, "Hey! This guy's an idiot for lurking. Let's lynch him." So, yeah, I am a policy lynch whether I'm a PR or not. It hurts to say something like that.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@PMyst: And you're still not responding.
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 152, Mitillos wrote:@Anyone and everyone: What do you think of Klick's insistence on not mentioning PMyst's meta, his vote on Mala and his subsequent unvote?
What do you think of Mala's claim about PMyst's meta being too easy for scum to attack?
Is either of those scummy? Both? Neither? I'd ask for thoughts on Riggs' lack of content too, but he said he won't be back until today, so that's another stalled place.
I don't think his insistence on not mentioning Myst's meta was significant under any light. It was a reaction test. Reactions were had. His vote for Mala seemed like Klick, but his unvote was a bit odd. I don't think that that was really what Mala was saying. Could you elaborate (I bolded it)? Klick seemed townish until his recent lurking. I know he can be an incredibly active player. His lurking seems out of place. Though, if I remember correctly, he told me he's more active as scum (and he was scum in the game I modded), so it could be pointing to him being town. I am totally unsure of Mala at the moment.

In post 153, Tazaro wrote:No, those two would be the most scummy BY DEFAULT, by my asssessment, in the event that no other vote were decided upon.
In other words, not scummy; deadline/policy lynches. Yes?

In post 154, Tazaro wrote:In fact,
by virtue of the reaction
, Mitillos is not a terribly good one to decide upon, so
UNVOTE

PMysterious
What reaction are you referring to?

In post 158, Tazaro wrote:No. Unvoting BEFORE that happens because it will be more informative WHEN that happens
How will it be more informative? Please explain.

In post 162, Malakittens wrote:I have not been trying to keep pressure off PM, but I was simply reaction testing the waters of players whom I have never played with before.
Weak as it was lead me to believe Mit can be possible scum.
Why is the last sentence in past tense? Do you still think Mit is scum? Why/why not?

In post 165, Tazaro wrote:Is this a perfect game in which to talk about a policy lynch?
Absolutely not. Please don't.

In post 167, Tazaro wrote:Would PMysterious be consider-able, in the light of common knowledge, as a policy lynch?
No. That won't happen. I won't allow it. Policy lynches are bad in general, bad for the town, and just take the fun out of the game. I especially don't want to use one on Myst who I know has the potential to
BE ACTIVE

In post 169, Malakittens wrote:Eh. I really dislike policy lynches. There's only two players who I will attempt to PL and they are not in this game. Honestly, I rather go for information as a scummy player than risk killing a town just because of the way they play.

Not trying to stop your discussion and I'm totally open to talking about it, but I'm not willing to help PL.
Why are you so... Wishy-washy with this? If you disagree with policy lynches and won't help move them along, then why would you be okay with someone continuing a discussion about them and whether they're a good option or not?

In post 170, PMysterious wrote:To answer. pretty much. PLing me is the same thing as saying, "Hey! This guy's an idiot for lurking. Let's lynch him." So, yeah, I am a policy lynch whether I'm a PR or not. It hurts to say something like that.
I feel like you just soft claimed... Are you scum again, PM?

Also, I know you can be more active. Participate or replace out. Same with any other lurkers. Scum, town, PR, whatever. Lurking isn't fun for anyone, and it usually only makes you a deadline lynch.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Tracey. Will explain at my earliest convenience. This was the scumread I was hiding, but what reminded me of it is her "Is that a soft claim?" shit.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Malakittens »

/steals mom's IPad to post.

Eh. I was trying to explain basically why I did it at that point so because I was referring to something I did earlier in the day I went and used past tense. I still think Mit is scum yes.
Reasons:
[*] He didn't do well regarding my reaction test. I do agree it isn't a strong case and not really expecting people to follow basically on that. I do think that scum would like to force pressure or a lynch on PM early if they did know his meta because it narrows their field to search.
If people aren't commonly aware of PM's meta they are either going to ask for it to see if they can get a read or will have to do research, but even then researching and then making the correct decision can be hard.
[*] I didn't like how he was also squirming in his posts, it felt as if he had something to hide.

---

I'm not really wish-washy persay. I want to get some reads on people whom are either currently null, but also sometimes scum have a chance at slipping up when answering this sort of discussion.
The only thing that gives me pause that Mit could be town is his post #168. This gives a vibe of wanting to hunt. Town can use scummy lynches to their advantages to find scum because information is greater, but policy lynches is basically because one or multiple people don't like how a player plays.
My personal take on policy lynches is that they can be discouraging, but also they might be in the benefit of scum. Scum can use it to their advantage and try to direct that in their favor.

If a large palayerbase wants to policy lynch a player who is actually scum.
A scum can take the charge lead on that lynch which to me is a mini form of bussing. If it goes into their favor they can potentially be able to have themselves cleared. Meaning the partner can lead a lynch on the teammate.

If a larger player base wants to policy lynch a player who is town.
The scum can do a few things. They can avoid that wagon as a whole and divide on singleton votes or attempt to gain town cred by trying to stop the PL and change the direction to another town player.
They also can use this policy lynch as a reason to find someone scummy and get them lynched in the future.
They also have elimated a town or they gradually forced someone to claim if that people has a PR.

---

Taz has moved to a low scum read because of attempting to want to PL PM. I think it's anti town, but also scummy. My main answer if you don't like someone's play style either you don't join or you find a way to play nice without wanting to PL.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”