Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:37 am

Post by shos »

well fuck.
one less townie to the collection.
I'll go get the wiki when I'm at home, doing it at work is too time consuming imo.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:41 am

Post by qwints »

UNVOTE: shot
VOTE: Dunhamganger

You're not going to avoid the pressure by ignoring it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Grey wrote: I still feel Mr_Ree is a better target, and I'm a little annoyed MoI "hasn't even bothered to read him" when his ISO is like 9 crappy posts.

I’m not going to play slap and tickle with you here Grey. Your “he’s lurking scum who pops in when his name is dropped” tell was proven not accurate. I’ve looked at Ree’s ISO. It’s crap like Benmage’s and FourTrouble’s.

If you have something to run with then do so and show me why you are working so hard at avoiding Dunham.

--

Xis wrote: shos: Generally posts senselessly regardless of his alignment, but he's actually willing to be aggressive as town. Dunhamganger, your read here is off.

How is this a reasonable conclusion at all. Shos is being far from aggressive. If postinging ‘senselessly’ is a Null tell for him why are you so sure Dun’s read (which he dropped like hot lava, BTW) was incorrect?

Xis wrote: I would prefer that my point 2 ended in "grossly untruthful" and a vote on you, but I have come to sadly accept that not everything can go the way I wish.

Well given the link you provided you seem to be thinking shos could be buddying up to you as Scum for fabricated reasons. Why is that not vote worthy in your eyes?

--

Dun wrote: Who calls them mislynches? Town or scum?

Town tends to call their own mislynches such … since you know … they know they are Town … :roll:

Dun wrote: If you can quote the post where I said anything approaching "rock-solid" I will give you a hundred real-life dollars.

Scum Tactic Number 31
– When you can’t address the actual case (that your dropping of the shos suspicion looks scummy) instead try to straw-man and nitpick semantics.

Dun wrote: The loaded one about shos being town or scum? Nty

Can we just proceed with lynching this?

--

Shadow wrote: Why would hypothetical me scum not be more than happy with a partner getting free lurking for two weeks?

Are you saying as scum you would welcome a member of your scum team providing no content during day to help achieve mislynches / earn Town cred? Have any links to games where you as scum show this behavior?

Shadow wrote: My point is that you seem to continuously push a name claim as a great idea, but never really explicitely.
What I mean is: You give a lot of reasoning, analysis from past games of the mod etc, that all make a name claim look like a good idea, but you never take any stance of your own towards the issue, you merely ask questions, as if for some reasons you want to push the whole discussion into a certain direction, but without actually stating your opinion.
I just think it's a weird way to adress the issue, what do you hope to learn in asking others suggestive questions like that?

Why is that your conclusion? I think it is pretty apparent from our past play together that I would be pushing for it actively if I thought it was a good idea. I don’t. It’s not going to do anything but exercise scum’s ability to look at their more likely than not Mod provided fake-name and regurgitate it.

Asking shos about his thoughts I wanted to see if he would be giving a real effort into following up with what I said or if he would just blindly accept it. He failed pretty miserably – he didn’t show any indication he went to Dark Side of the Moon to double check if scum had fake-names or verify any of the information I provided. He instead has run with “It will lock scum into fake-claims now” which is clearly false.

On the Leafsnail end – I wanted to see how strongly he held his “I’m against it stance” and how he would react to being pressured on facts that were contrary to his stance. His reaction seemed pretty reasonable and credible to me.

So now that you have this information – what is YOUR conclusion about the issue regarding my play?

Shadow wrote: Pretty certainly dun, but that's no news at all...
Probably ben, at very least he's been frickin' useless so far.
Some people I'll need to ISO to get a better read on, I think... That may take some time.
Also there are still some lurkers around that I find it impossible and too early to get any read at all on,
so I am happy with 1 and a half scum reads for now...

1. I see nothing significant in your ISO to suggest you actually suspect Dun any more than all the other people you questioned. Why is he scummy?
2. How do you reconcile suspecting Benmage for being useless with the bolded which is IMO an exact assessment of Ben’s play?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Leafsnail »

The thing which bothered me about Mr_Ree over the other lurkers was that he was still around and making posts onsite. But now I've realised
FourTrouble
is doing exactly the same damn thing. Jesus christ come and post your suspicions guys. What is it about this game that makes you two unable to post here.

Also Dunham's #224 should remove all doubts. I'd like all people who think Dunham is town to complete the sentence "Asking someone about somebody else's alignment is a loaded question because..."

In post 208, Shadow Dancer wrote:Some patience please, the important questions will be dealt with in due time, but not inappropriately rash.
Well, at least some answers to that seem pretty easy after reading through everything.
Pretty certainly dun, but that's no news at all...
Probably ben, at very least he's been frickin' useless so far.
Some people I'll need to ISO to get a better read on, I think... That may take some time.
Also there are still some lurkers around that I find it impossible and too early to get any read at all on, so I am happy with 1 and a half scum reads for now...

Why no vote and/or reasoning on Dun? Why Ben (who has been left unable to post due to Hurricane Sandy) and not any of the other lurkers who are far more suspicious? How about opinions on people who are actually making posts?

You seem to have just taken the prevailing opinion on who is scum and added a random lurker in an attempt to look original. This is a really bad post, and it comes after two days of furious active lurking. You've moved yourself into my top 3 scumreads (now Dunham, GreyICE, Shadow Dancer, with Mr_Ree moved to "please replace out or die to a vig").

In post 221, GreyICE wrote:I have to admit Dunham is utterly horrible beyond all compare.

Then vote him. Also explain how I'm "lining up a mislynch of Dunham's flip".
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 228, Leafsnail wrote:
In post 221, GreyICE wrote:I have to admit Dunham is utterly horrible beyond all compare.

Then vote him. Also explain how I'm "lining up a mislynch of Dunham's flip".

No. Because there's no town explanation for Mr_Ree's behavior. Dunham is playing like shit, but Mr_Ree is NOT PLAYING LIKE TOWN.

And you're saying "oh hurr durr Grey won't vote Dunham, even though I won't explain why I think Mr_Ree is town, or what he's done, etc. so he clearly doesn't want to be involved in the lynch lol he's scum."

You just want an excuse to push me tomorrow, because you can't get traction today. Fishing for a mislynch much bro?

@Xis: This is not me and Kast. Leaf is ACTING SCUMMY. Look over his posts, seriously, what makes you so sure he's town?

But the Mr_Ree vote is EXCELLENT.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

Wait.

Whose FourTrouble?

Shit
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:38 am

Grey I was hoping you were Town this game ... why do you have to disappoint me?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:43 am

Post by shos »

What disappointed you?

Grey, dun Ham is for Lynch, ree is foe big/replace
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Benmage »

Hey, still no power... and I have to burrow car chargers for phone.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 229, GreyICE wrote:No. Because there's no town explanation for Mr_Ree's behavior. Dunham is playing like shit, but Mr_Ree is NOT PLAYING LIKE TOWN.

And you're saying "oh hurr durr Grey won't vote Dunham, even though I won't explain why I think Mr_Ree is town, or what he's done, etc. so he clearly doesn't want to be involved in the lynch lol he's scum."

You just want an excuse to push me tomorrow, because you can't get traction today. Fishing for a mislynch much bro?

@Xis: This is not me and Kast. Leaf is ACTING SCUMMY. Look over his posts, seriously, what makes you so sure he's town?

But the Mr_Ree vote is EXCELLENT.

Mr_Ree is a lurker who has no interest in the game. I certainly wouldn't call him town but he seems like a bad lynch. Dunham has performed multiple unjustifiable actions and the fact that he's actually been playing means it's a better lynch.

Your "fishing for a mislynch" accusation still makes no sense. Your argument revolves around a central assumption that "GreyICE is town".
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Dun wrote:If you can quote the post where I said anything approaching "rock-solid" I will give you a hundred real-life dollars.
Scum Tactic Number 31
– When you can’t address the actual case (that your dropping of the shos suspicion looks scummy) instead try to straw-man and nitpick semantics.

Oh.

Hoo, boy.

So when you put words in my mouth, and then I point out that you did that, that someone makes ME look scummy?

I dislike shos's early game play. Hasn't changed. When I made clear the reasons why, inte posted a plausibly deniable attack on my case based on nothing more than semantics. Scummier than shos's early game play. shos had a couple of solid posts thereafter. inte has disappeared except to post utter nonsense. I don't like that shos joined this wagon without commenting on it (especially since he voted for inte in the meantime), but whatever.

GreyICE wrote:I have to admit Dunham is utterly horrible beyond all compare.

GreyICE wrote:Dunham is playing like shit

Just a friendly PSA that this guy claimed scum pre-game.

qwints wrote:You're not going to avoid the pressure by ignoring it.

Okay.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

Leafsnail wrote:multiple unjustifiable actions

I want to play a game.

Name them.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

Dunham wrote: Oh.

Hoo, boy.

So when you put words in my mouth, and then I point out that you did that, that someone makes ME look scummy?

Of course when you ignore the heart of the matter (your unvote) and focus on the fact that I used a particular turn of phrase that you didn’t as a means to try to reduce suspicion on yourself that’s scummy.

You’ve already acknowledged you get the concept that ignoring the meat of a case to play “Slap and Tickly Semantics” in your where you say –

inte took a pointless shot at me for not quoting the posts I was referring to (ironically, without quoting the post he was referring to) instead of commenting on the content of the case.

Tough being hoisted up on your own case, huh?

Dunham wrote: I dislike shos's early game play. Hasn't changed. When I made clear the reasons why, inte posted a plausibly deniable attack on my case based on nothing more than semantics. Scummier than shos's early game play. shos had a couple of solid posts thereafter. inte has disappeared except to post utter nonsense. I don't like that shos joined this wagon without commenting on it (especially since he voted for inte in the meantime), but whatever.

Oh ho ho, here we go …

1. Which of these looks to be more indicative of actual scum intent?

shos has repeatedly tried to chum it up with players in this game, has refused to make a post of any substance, and his empty questions read like a player trying to escape notice instead of actually scumhunt.

I thought we agreed to stop claiming scum itt.

Unvote, Vote: inte

One of these posts indicates multiple scum tells (buddying, refusal to make posts of substance, asking pointless and empty questions). The other says the following sentence is claiming scum- “Referring to posts without linking them is scummy”

Are you telling me that one sentence (with no other comments about ANY of inte’s play) is more scummy than the litany of reasons you ostensible listed in ?

Please link to the ‘solid posts’ by shos you are referring to since you haven’t made peep on about shos since then.

Dunham wrote: Just a friendly PSA that this guy claimed scum pre-game.

So you were saying about taking “cheap shots” that it’s what scum do again …

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 am

@Anyone not voting Dunham
- on top of everything else note how he completely sidesteps the quite valid point that his "I'm not answering your loaded question" was a scummy ass dodge of actually commenting on shos alignment.

Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

In post 230, GreyICE wrote:Wait.

Whose FourTrouble?

Shit

Missing something? Since when were you under the impression I've been active on site for the last two days? Get your facts straight bro instead of focusing on somebody too busy to play. How are my first five posts any different than yours or Ben's? What would you learn from my Lynch? Has nobody shown anything more deserving of a vote?

Guess I'm just the easy way out. Seriously grey, I thought you were better than this.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 231, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Grey I was hoping you were Town this game ... why do you have to disappoint me?

Oh MoI, some day you'll be able to read me as easily as I can read you. Not today though ;)

In post 234, Leafsnail wrote:Mr_Ree is a lurker who has no interest in the game. I certainly wouldn't call him town but he seems like a bad lynch. Dunham has performed multiple unjustifiable actions and the fact that he's actually been playing means it's a better lynch.

Mr_Ree is a lurker who is so disinterested he posts THIRTY MINUTES AFTER I CALL HIM OUT FOR NOT POSTING FOR TWO DAYS.

In fact he doesn't seem disinterested at all.

Explain why you think he's disinterested, given this EXTREMELY rapid response to the prod request.
Last edited by Acosmist on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

Tags messed up.

Mod, mind fixing?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Ludwig Wittgenstein. Anyway, I'm back and doing a re-read. I should be around all day and hopefully have access to a desktop tonight. For now, I'm stuck at work and on my phone so please keep the text walls to a minimum if you expect me to quote and answer before 10pm.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 236, Dunhamganger wrote:I want to play a game.

Name them.

- Maintaining a random vote and suggesting it was serious
- Coming up with a reason for that vote long after it was made... and then immediately dropping it after you realised the reason was wrong. But still maintaining the vote with no reasoning
- Sudden jump away from that vote for a bad reason
- Refusing to answer any questions about the above
- Referring to the most basic question possible as "loaded" and refusing to answer it
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

Leafsnail, why do you think Mr_Ree is disinterested in the game?

Tell me, Leaf
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Why don't you start by answering mine?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

Answering, what, scumbag? All I'm seeing is lots and lots of "why me?"

You telling me that after not posting JACK SHIT for two days you coincidentally returned to MafiaScum THIRTY MINUTES after I asked for you to be prodded?

You really telling me that, scum?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Leafsnail »

In post 244, GreyICE wrote:Leafsnail, why do you think Mr_Ree is disinterested in the game?

Tell me, Leaf

Because he wasn't posting in it
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 247, Leafsnail wrote:
In post 244, GreyICE wrote:Leafsnail, why do you think Mr_Ree is disinterested in the game?

Tell me, Leaf

Because he wasn't posting in it

And yet he posted THIRTY MINUTES after the prod request.

So it seems more like he was following the game, and yet not posting, yes?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am

Post by qwints »

Grey - MoI already covered this. Mr. Ree showed up after he was actually prodded, not just after a request was made.

In post 193, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Grey wrote: 2) He shows up EXACTLY when called. Seriously. Look at the following.

I hate to take the wind out of your sails with facts but you don’t have the sequence correct …

– MoI says “@Mod – I think MacDougall and Mr.Ree are both due prods. Can you please effect those ASAP?”

– Acosmist prods MrRee

– You call for a Prod on Mr.Ree

So I know you want to think that MrRee returning is a “Scum sees his name mentioned and appears” tell but clearly it isn’t.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”