Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1017, AngryPidgeon wrote:This SNIFIT LIED, KILL KILL KILL is awful
Are you serious right now? This "lynch all liars" policy for snifit is the same underlying principal as your "people are lying about multiball on the Zab wagon KILL KILL KILL" proposal. Which brings me to:
In post 1024, Kublai Khan wrote:Why did you lie in post Post 311?
What is Kise lying about? See... this is why you can't just arbitrarily "lynch all liars" Lying is a pretty strong scum tell but - like anything else - isn't even 75% accurate. It's just a piece of the puzzle. So you need to tie a lie in to motivation in to a case.

In post 1016, Tammy wrote:Also, and I'm not really sure how to handle this, but I received a message last night. I had this role once before and was told the basic purpose of it was to confirm that role and that someone took that action, instead of killing I guess, that night. Anyway, I dont know if i sould have kept that to myself, but ill be able to verify the sender if and when its necessary

Wait - what are you saying? In English, por favor?
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

snift lynch works for me

vote: snift
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 am

Post by Yates »

Thanks for the enormous effort. :neutral:
Please pm me to pre-in
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 am

Post by Tammy »

KK - sorry if in my medicine fog that didnt make sense. I'm not suggesting they could do one or the other, I was just talking about the purpose of the role itself, which is to confirm that's your role and that's the action you took that night.

Yates - not sure what's more to explain? There is someone who has a role where he can send a message to another player at night. That person sent the message to me. It did not come directly from the other player but from the mod.

I'm going back to bed, deal with game later.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1028, Tammy wrote:There is someone who has a role where he can send a message to another player at night. That person sent the message to me. It did not come directly from the other player but from the mod.
Ok. Thanks. My initial read made me think you were suggesting there wasn't an NK last night BECAUSE someone sent you a message. Which obviously would mean you found scum. So that's why I wanted clarification.
Please pm me to pre-in
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1027, Yates wrote:Thanks for the enormous effort. :neutral:

What else needs to be said?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Yates »

In post 1030, ThAdmiral wrote:What else needs to be said?

I don't know. How about... why? Obviously I have meta reasons for all of a sudden finding your turd play suspicious, but we can't get into that.
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 am

Post by zabriel »

I'd make sure you get that out today Tammy, since if you can confirm an alignment you're gonna be NK-bait.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1031, Yates wrote:
In post 1030, ThAdmiral wrote:What else needs to be said?

I don't know. How about... why? Obviously I have meta reasons for all of a sudden finding your turd play suspicious, but we can't get into that.

Snift is one of the people in my "probably scum" pile. The whole backtracking malarkey smells of scum as well. Hence; vote.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Really only a few pages back, but if I'm going to check into all of Mastin's claims, this may take a bit, but will work on this game today.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP, I have had more against snifit.
Spoiler: Snifit Stuff
In post 921, mastin2 wrote:
Melmond - 11 (Tammy,
zabriel
, Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, BloodCovenant, Benmage,
Yates
, AngryPigeon,
snifit
, rapidcanyon
, mykonian)
The bolded catch my eye as looking like scum by gut, and the italicised look like potential candidates.
Yes, he was only a potential candidate at the time, but his position and timing on the wagon is highly suspect.
In post 946, mastin2 wrote:By the way, preliminary scumteam of Kise, Snifit, Zabriel, with one of/both of Benmage/RC (depending on 4/5 scum) is what I've got so far, by PoE and sheeping Nero.

In post 959, mastin2 wrote:
snifit wrote:I'm conflicted on rapidcanyon. I'm getting scumvibes I can't put my finger on but his #160 is a solid post, trying to get into other players' heads. I guess I have to say town but I'll be looking for more posts from him. Interesting that he threw a vote in the same direction I did, and as a bonus he could even elaborate what bothered him about Shahrizai. Neat! Yeah town for now.
Can't get much more obvious than this that these two are scumbuddies. :P

In post 967, mastin2 wrote:You could also argue lynch all lurkers; snifit has the lowest post count of living players, other than myk and myself, who're both replacements. He's been here the whole game.

In post 976, mastin2 wrote:He's caught in a lie, but beyond that,
he's also been lurking the whole game
, and if that wasn't enough,
his content is junk
and he's
contributed virtually nothing of use
Which I go on to emphasize again...
In post 981, mastin2 wrote:Snifit's not just scum because he's caught in a lie. His iso is crap, his content is junk, he's been lurking the entire game, and his stances have been highly scumtastic, with opportunism abounding. You're ignoring that part of the case.
Admittedly, this is more of a "tell, not show" case, when one of the basis for being a good writer is "show, don't tell". :P
So while I don't go into great detail, I do elaborate, via a comparison to Amrun.
In post 986, mastin2 wrote:
AP wrote:Ok, if Snifit's lack of content is scummy, why is Amrun town?
Look at the difference.
Amrun was struggling just to keep in the game, and ultimately failed to do so. She was trying, and failing, to keep up. However, despite her failing efforts, she tried to contribute original thoughts to the game. I liked her push on zabriel, for instance.

snifit's lack of content is halfhearted. He was keeping up, but not trying to put any real effort into the game. In his lackluster content, his posts were highly unoriginal and contributed nothing really unique, with what little content he has being carefully worded and allowing him to back out if need be.

To summarize, it's tone and
effort
/intent/motive/
general mindset
. Amrun's posts were those of a stressed townie, snifit's have been that of a relaxed scum.
The only way my case could be stronger is if I backed it up with quotes--yet snifit's iso is so short that you can do it yourself and see most of these points in crystal clarity.

Look at snifit now, for instance. He's not defended himself. He's not really posted at all. It's been others coming to his defense--he's letting others do his work for him. That kind of lurking, that kind of strategic inactivity, is the trademark of scum.

(That said, two others on my scum-list voting snifit does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP wrote:If Snifit flips town (mystically by some form of voodoo magic) what would your reads on Mastin, me and RC be?
I can answer this, minus the part on me. If for some reason snifit were town, you'd go from being slightly-town to super-mega-town. :P

RC would go from being probably-scum into almost-certainly-scum as well, and my reads on both zabriel and Kise would be reinforced, thanks to their having jumped on the snifit wagon.

Khan wrote:I'm really weirded out that you're calling me a town-read and overall ignoring me.
Well, your iso looked pretty town, Nero had you as town, and your iso kinda reminded me of that Little Italy game you were in recently where you got mislynched. (Admittedly, I only skimmed that game, yet the similarity was there.) That said, I honestly have no way to gauge your abilities as town. I respect you as a player, but I don't have any reason to respect you as a scumhunter, if that makes sense.

It feels like a attempt to railroad a lynch.
Blatantly so. I'm going to force the snifit lynch through. If he flips scum, great; I have reassurance that I'm at least partially on the right track. If he flips town, I get mislynched on day three or four and the scum win because of town idiocy. :P (/1377 ref)
My academy.
Agnigi
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 am

Post by Benmage »

Sup have a little time.

I'm kinda off Yates.

Down for snifit.

Or confirmedscum Tammy ....

vote snifit
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Benmage »

Gonna see if I can find a laptop to tether.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 am

Post by snifit »

In post 981, mastin2 wrote:
Snifit's not just scum because he's caught in a lie. His iso is crap, his content is junk, he's been lurking the entire game, and his stances have been highly scumtastic, with opportunism abounding. You're ignoring that part of the case.

Fuck off, mastin. I was interested in this game, but wasn't going to join because I was in two other games at the time. I only joined because pappums was having trouble filling it and invited me (and others, I'm sure). I was out of town when the game started. I'm not great in large games, but I've been doing my best to keep up and I'm happy with how I've managed between working and caring for a four month-old. Honestly I think the game would be better off if everyone limited themselves to a small number of posts a day.

So fuck off.

As for my content: I've been reading and being clear about what I'm thinking. Call that crap or junk or whatever, fine. Why does 'crap' and 'junk' make me scum? As for opportunistic, you're wrong about that.

In post 997, Nero Cain wrote:
Which brings up the question why are we "lazy" as opposed to "scummy" Sounds like he knows we aren't scum.

Well the vote was serious but the reason I gave was a joke…

Which brings up the question why did he give a joke reason instead of trying to et the town to lynch Cyber.

I thought you were scum, but you're not. There were a few people yesterday who called attention to my vote on Cyber and just kinda said, "Hey, that's unusual and scummy." Lazy because I think they just saw something unusual and called it scummy without much thought. Today, sure, mastin is scummy for pushing this so hard. It's very weak but he's using
formatting!

If you had read the post where I voted (which I'm sure you have, since we've been talking about it and it was linked to recently) you would know why I didn't give a serious reason for voting Cyber in that post.

And since some people are still interested, this whole thing is based on me eliding "not a serious reason for a vote" to "not a serious vote" in a quick post. That's the end of the story.

PS Nero why aren't you on mastin's case for CROSS REPLACE OMGUS? You seemed to think that was a pretty big deal yesterday.

In post 1018, Kublai Khan wrote:
Why? People had a theory that maybe he scum-slipped (that he was in a small mafia and suspected another mafia). That doesn't seem to be true. Why should people die because they formed a theory that didn't pan out?
@Nero Cain - same question
@snifit - same question

The number of times I've seen people attacking town who 'scumslipped' far outnumbers the times I've seen scum actually slip. The latter has happened...maybe once or twice that I've seen? And never in games I'm actually in; I saw them in games I read randomly or whatever.
It's part of the reason why I wasn't interested in lynching zabriel yesterday.

____

@Tammy
Don't claim who it was.

_____

One thing is bothering me about mastin. (Well, more than one thing.)
He replaced in, and looked for who he thought was the best scumhunter and sheeped those reads. No interest in whether Nero is town or not, though? Does that make sense to anyone?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 am

Post by mastin2 »

SCREW IT.

Unvote,
Vote:

...I dunno.

Vote: Kise.

One scumread, fine. Two scumreads, lil' bit concerning. Three scumreads, either they're hardcore bussing, or I've gone horribly, horribly wrong.
My academy.
Agnigi
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 am

Post by Benmage »

MWAHAHAH rooted phone + tether = success.

@Snifit. Meh... more odd that he thinks Nero is a good scumhunter.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Mastin, I have no interest in lynching Kise today.
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:26 am

Post by snifit »

Buh?
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:27 am

Post by snifit »

I thought you were being batshit crazy about this. OK.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 am

Post by Benmage »

^Odd that mastin would sheep nero.

Hold on fixing reads.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Whoever said it: People saying that Zabriel slipped about multiball are making a bad assumption and using it to push an easy case. Its not the same as Snifit making a (very weird) contradiction about his own actions.

I get paranoid about cases based on 'rock-solid' slips because they are popular (case and point the zabriel/snifit wagons) and the person pushing the case doesn't take heat when wrong: "Oh well Snifit lied, his play was so anti-town he deserved to die, etc, etc".

I can think of 2 better wagons today.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Kise

P-edit: Why is Tammy scum?

P-P-edit: You make an interesting point about his Nero town read. But then again, Mastin-town buddied Uber-scum (so did I for awhile lol) in 1377 and they totally married the Robert Montana town lynch. So like I said, my read on Mastin is:
Mastin
Pine. Welcome to the pine-pile, Mastin :P

PPP-edit: Wow so many posts.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 am

Post by mastin2 »

snifit wrote:No interest in whether Nero is town or not, though?
The first thing I did when I offered to replace was do a Nero iso. I knew he was town instantly just from skimming.
benmage wrote:more odd that he thinks Nero is a good scumhunter.
The reason Nero offered to hydra with me before is that his scumdar's better than mine, but his power of persuasion is weaker than mine. Nero's the best person in this playerlist at catching scum; I've yet to see him in a game where this hasn't proven true. Unfortunately, he's one of the weaker players when it comes to convincing others he's right. So in that regard, and in that regard only, is he not a good scumhunter.

(STOP NINJA'ING ME, PEOPLE!)
My academy.
Agnigi
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 354, Benmage wrote:Here's a rough reads list I stuck in my drafts the other day:

Town:
Benmage

Prob town:
zabriel
jasonT1981
Zoroaster
Kise
Acosmist
Nero Cain
rapidcanyon

Undecided:
Kublai Khan
BloodCovenant
PeregrineV
ThAdmiral

N/A
Shahrizai
Cybertronix
snifit
Amrun

Probably scum:
Yates
I Am Innocent
Melmond
Tammy

I'm down to lynch anyone in the probably scum.

Lets edit this:

Town:
Benmage

Prob town:
Shahrizai/Myko
zabriel
jasonT1981
Zoroaster
Kise
Nero Cain
rapidcanyon
Yates
snifit
IAI/AP

Undecided:
Kublai Khan
PeregrineV

Probably scum:
BC
Thadmiral
Amrun/pidgey
Acosmist

Scum:
Tammy

Dead:
AV --scum
Melmond --Town
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:34 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, should be noted that I'm well aware that--despite his skill--Nero's reads are not a holy bible of scumhunting. His reads are a very good starting point, but they lack refinement. This is pretty evident in my reads already, in that while my reads started as sheeping him, I'm forming my own conclusions based off of what I'm reading. (For instance, he has AP as a suspect; AP's town. He has PV as town; I'm considering taking a look at him for possible scum.)
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”