Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Sunshine and Rainbows »

stuff i wrote while going through the thread:

again: alduskkel man where did you go. i thought it was weird that he seemed dumb yet pro-active town at first pre-game but then just kinda slumped into the corner as people rebuked him

didn't think nacho's pregame was fake but #210 certainly is. ok maybe faraday is a good player but that's a bullshit reason to sheep him this early and his noir vote wasn't even that good? i think you're forcing a circlejerk so you seem like a good buddy of all the cool people in the town, or something. like the mafia equivalent of That Kid. this is just a dumb earlygame read but looking at his iso he never really got better or did anything useful so....

i'm having trouble reading phill like everytime i see a post of his or check his iso i waffle between awkward town - awkward scum but right now i've settled on the former.

torgonitoh: please stop being a shitty unreadable gimmick account. i am an infinite shot nightvig and will
destroy you

is this xtoph's first game? he reads super self-conscious newbtown to me just from #252. i dont agree with epic #300, that's often how townies scumhunt at a low level of play from my experience

alsark is tryhard town i think. don't have a good explanation for it

not feeling q's one earlygame post as scum since yeah, communication as town is important and if you don't get a case then asking for further explanation is a good idea. but of course he's done jack shit otherwise so that read isn't really valid. i semi-expect he'll have subbed out by the end of the day. in any case votes on him are useless because right now he needs bullets, not rope

this game is annoying. too many people thinking they're super cool self-evident master scumhunters and making minimalist posts barely explaining their cases which doesn't provide realistic pressure on their targets, doesn't persuade people to vote with them and only serves to make them hard to read. take zeta for example, how the fuck is #395 a pro-town post? well i guess it can't be scummy because i'm p sure certain portions of mafiascum think that shit is Top Level Play hurf durf. malpascp, nacho, nikanor, deasvail and buldermar are especially guilty of this. i also don't think i've seen robocopter scumhunt even once? but yeah if i mentioned you in this paragraph then please stop being terrible

zeta got better by #638 at least

i'm going to re-read deasvail after making this post, he just looks really erratic to me right now and i'm not reading him one way or the other. i expect shadoweh would be better at this since she's actually played with him.

yeah i'm struggling to come up with anything substantial but i'll be around for a while if anybody wants to discuss reads with me or something :> i am burnt out of reading though.
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:45 am

:X

to be honest i think deasvail's posts just read legit. i don't have a good way to verbalize this either. i am actually bashing my head into a wall trying to verbalize my reads in general this game, i think i should refrain from posting until i'm in a better state of mind.
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 am

(but i won't because i have no self-control)
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:51 am

i'm actually feeling pretty strongly about nacho-scum but fuck if you're getting a big case about that right now
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:57 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 729, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 726, buldermar wrote:
In post 725, Robocopter87 wrote:I hate unofficial votecounts.
I dislike sushi. Have you ever skydived?

I've never tried sushi. Nor skydiving, though I've always wanted to skydive. I feel like it would be a very freeing experience.
Perhaps too freeing, should you be unfortunate.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:59 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 736, combinatorialEnigma wrote:Oh sup Maenara.
Inb4vid+rage.
Sunshine and Rainbows
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Sunshine and Rainbows
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:05 am

buldermar if you're town then you are literally cannon fodder, please make a post that isn't terrible and/or spam
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:07 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 711, buldermar wrote:
In post 692, Paschendale wrote:I legit have no idea how you guys are finding me scummy here. I'm really completely at a loss for how you discern alignment out of a game so stuffed with garbage that nobody even looks like they're trying.

I'll just replace out and you guys can play with someone who understands how these big games work. And I'll probably avoid them in the future. They're not nearly as fun for me as I thought they would be.

Mod: I'd like to be replaced.
I read this as: I'm really completely at a loss for how you figured out that I'm scum when this game is so stuffed with garbage.
I'll just replace out as I'm embarrassed about giving away my alignment so quickly

VOTE: Paschendale

UNVOTE:
VOTE: buldarmar

That's a huge unsubstanciated stretch to make that vote on the fast growing wagon. There was more than one way to try to interpret that and you jumped to most damning narrative to give your vote some substance off of words like "embarrassed". If you had cared more on figuring out his alignment you'd have tried to be more cautious in both your diction and ultimate judgement.

This guy is scum. Please vote him.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 756, Sunshine and Rainbows wrote:buldermar if you're town then you are literally cannon fodder, please make a post that isn't terrible and/or spam
Why? My vote is where I want it to be.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 757, ActionDan wrote:
In post 711, buldermar wrote:
In post 692, Paschendale wrote:I legit have no idea how you guys are finding me scummy here. I'm really completely at a loss for how you discern alignment out of a game so stuffed with garbage that nobody even looks like they're trying.

I'll just replace out and you guys can play with someone who understands how these big games work. And I'll probably avoid them in the future. They're not nearly as fun for me as I thought they would be.

Mod: I'd like to be replaced.
I read this as: I'm really completely at a loss for how you figured out that I'm scum when this game is so stuffed with garbage.
I'll just replace out as I'm embarrassed about giving away my alignment so quickly

VOTE: Paschendale

UNVOTE:
VOTE: buldarmar

That's a huge unsubstanciated stretch to make that vote on the fast growing wagon. There was more than one way to try to interpret that and you jumped to most damning narrative to give your vote some substance off of words like "embarrassed". If you had cared more on figuring out his alignment you'd have tried to be more cautious in both your diction and ultimate judgement.

This guy is scum. Please vote him.
You seem to be under the impression that I am more accountable for my vote because of already placed votes on Paschendale; this is incorrect.

There was indeed more than one way to try to interpret him asking to be replaced. Whether I jumped to the most damning narrative is a matter of opinion, but I did not try to give my vote substance off of words like "embarrassed", I sincerely think that should he be scum, this is a likely way to interpret it. However, I don't rule out the possibility of him not being scum. In fact, he's statistically more likely to flip town than scum in my opinion, even if he's the most likely person to be scum in the game.

Indeed, I could have been more cautious in my diction. In hindsight, that would probably have prevented your vote on me. I could have phrased the same intended message as "This could be read as: bla bla" I think it's likely enough that reading it this was is correct for me to vote him, bla bla.

Tell me, do you think it could not have been read the way I read it? If so, why not? Do you rule out the possibility of him being embarrassed about giving away his alignment so quickly (given the premise that he's scum, ofc.)? If so, why?
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:04 am

Post by malpascp »

Pasch replacing out is null.

Nacho stop sheeping.

DeasVail is toooown.

Anything else to be "obvyified"?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
combinatorialEnigma
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
combinatorialEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 am

Post by combinatorialEnigma »

In post 755, buldermar wrote:
In post 736, combinatorialEnigma wrote:Oh sup Maenara.
Inb4vid+rage.

maybe I'll make that same video again

but in Homestuck cosplay
"Pro-town - the new anti-town behavior." ~buldermar
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: buldermar
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

Nacho, why did you vote for me?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

Also, how did I suddenly transform from scum to easy mislynch?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 764, DeasVail wrote:Also, how did I suddenly transform from scum to easy mislynch?

you were never scum
you were the second largest wagon though
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:29 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 762, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: buldermar
I have a townread on Nacho. He's more inclined to provide reason for his vote when he's scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:31 am

Post by DeasVail »

But what was the point in voting me? I know I'm erratic, but I always have some sort of warped reason for doing things. Also the way you said I was probably an easy mislynch anyway doesn't really match with "I was never scum".

PEdit: I wouldn't consider that particularly alignment-relevant in Nacho's case, but maybe you're right, I don't know.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 767, DeasVail wrote:But what was the point in voting me? I know I'm erratic, but I always have some sort of warped reason for doing things. Also the way you said I was probably an easy mislynch anyway doesn't really match with "I was never scum".

PEdit: I wouldn't consider that particularly alignment-relevant in Nacho's case, but maybe you're right, I don't know.

You were the second largest wagon, and I wanted to lend my hand to the counterwagon because I figured maybe they knew sort of what they were doing. But I didn't really find you scum.

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:35 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 767, DeasVail wrote:
He's more concerned with making optimal votes than explaining them when he's town and more concerned with explaining his suboptimal votes (from town perspective) when he's scum. It's not clear-cut, but I do think it has statistical relevance.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:38 am

Post by buldermar »

@Nacho

Are you voting me and neglecting explaining why because the rules prohibit it (e.g. it's related to another ongoing game) and/or because you think it is disadvantageous for towns win condition to know?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: combinatorialEnigma

If I explain myself now, then I'll ruin everything that I'm trying to do right now and will have to play
conventional
. Which, quite frankly, would just be disgusting.

buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:49 am

Post by buldermar »

In post 771, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: combinatorialEnigma

If I explain myself now, then I'll ruin everything that I'm trying to do right now and will have to play
conventional
. Which, quite frankly, would just be disgusting.
In other words, you explaining yourself entails at least in part answers to my questions. Thank you.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 am

Post by buldermar »

I want to play unconventional too.
I claim scum.
malpascp
malpascp