NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:03 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 1.13

Nero Cain (5)- Plan B, PiggyGal15, Senjai, 4nxi3ty, Toon Fighter
N (3)- Demon Core, RedCoyote, DoomYoshi
PiggyGal15 (3)- Cletus+Brandine, Untrod Tripod, Nero Cain
Cletus+Brandine (1)- JacobSavage
Senjai (1)- Empking
DoomYoshi (1)- adorkable

Not voting: N

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

V/LA

Nero Cain

Deadline

15th November, 6am AEDT
Last edited by DeasVail on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 372, adorkable wrote:
In post 365, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh look, empking and doomyoshi are scum together how adorable

I read through their posts and I don't see anything sticking out to support this. Bit of elaboration would be nice.

337-341 read like scum-scum interaction to me
Plan B
Plan B
Goon
Plan B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 am

Post by Plan B »

In post 343, Nero Cain wrote:RE Plan B's 303: You know what this post lacks? A response to my accusation of that you are fence sitting on Piggy. Don’t worry about saying that you “forgot” to do so and claim that you weren’t ‘cause I just won’t believe you and anyone else that’s town shouldn’t either.

Whatever floats your boats.

I purposefully ignored your pitiful attempt to break up your wagon by trying to tie the player leading it (me) to someone that is generally distusted by virtually everyone (PiggyGal15)
pre-flip

PiggyGal15 is off the lynching block for me. The way her wagon rose and the timing of her claim are good enough for that for Day 1. I supported the push on her, and then said she was a problem that would likely resolve itself. You can call it fencesitting all you want. It's clear I don't want her lynched this game Day, and that's nothing like fencesitting. Good try, though, scumbag.

It's great how you and DoomYoshi both want to make me look bad via association before anyone supposedly knows anything about the alignment of the players you want to tie me to. It's a function of you knowing I'm a threat, and not being able to generate any real case against me.

In post 343, Nero Cain wrote:Ok. So you think we should just lynch willy nilly on a null reads? That’s not how the game works; we lynch scum reads not null reads. To me it sounds more like you were upset that I was throwing a cog in what was looking like an EZ lynch on JS.

I also find it odd that now that you have a town read him that you aren’t questioning your stance on me. I mean, you think Jacob is town. I did not want to lynch town….but you still find me scummy for not wanting to lynch town? Pretty scummy stance you got there partnah.

Oh, you make me smile.

The way we get from null reads to scum or Town reads is by waggoning them up. A process you intervened in. I asked you about your read on JacobSavage for a reason. If you said you thought he was Town based on factors that made sense, your play wouldn't be scummy. You said null. So, why would you try to interrupt the process? Some of us have to figure things out instead of already having more information. Scum, scum, scum.

Pick an answer, scumbag. Do you want credit for "scumhunting" the JacobSavage wagon as opposed to trying to derail it, or do you want credit for trying to derail a wagon on him because you thought he was Town? No matter how desperate you are, you can't have it both ways.

In post 343, Nero Cain wrote:So you attacked JS for this same point but not 4nx…you then call it scummy.

You wish.

I asked JacobSavage about how he was getting "nervous" from PiggyGal15. Senjai asked about 4nxi3ty calling him (Senjai) "naive". Both answered, and that was it. I never called JacobSavage scummy for saying nervous, and now we've circled all the way back to your strawman of the JacobSavage wagon. Your colossal misrep of the reasons why JacobSavage was under pressure.

You know what else I never did? I never said, or indicated in any way, that JacobSavage was scummy for saying "nervous"
and
4nxi3ty was not for saying "naive". That's the point you're trying to make, I think, and it's pure bollocks.

You're scrambling, and you're changing your story to make yourself look better. You're caught scum and need to be lynched. Now.

In post 358, Demon Core wrote:My problem is that you
[PiggyGal15]
and adorkable are on the NC wagon and thus, it's toxic.

Doesn't matter, though, because Nero Cain is scum. Maybe it's multiball, maybe they're bussing, who cares? Nero Cain needs rope. And, I'll gladly use potential scum votes to lynch scum.
DoomYoshi
DoomYoshi
Goon
DoomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:22 am

Post by DoomYoshi »

DC, the toxic wagon is one you started. Pig is still scum.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

I liked the tone in NC's recent posts and his claiming early because he wouldn't be able get on the computer sounded like town worried that he wouldn't be able to give town useful info before being lynched.

And a town roleblocker is more plausible than a town watcher, considering a watcher is a vastly overpowered role for town.

unvote,vote: PiggyGal
Demon Core
Demon Core
Goon
Demon Core
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Demon Core »

^made a precipitous fall off my townlist
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Doom Yoshi, can you explain why you originally thought piggy was scum and why you were specifically waiting for C+B's catchup post?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:34 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 379, 4nxi3ty wrote:I liked the tone in NC's recent posts and his claiming early because he wouldn't be able get on the computer sounded like town worried that he wouldn't be able to give town useful info before being lynched.

And a town roleblocker is more plausible than a town watcher, considering a watcher is a vastly overpowered role for town.

unvote,vote: PiggyGal

My... brain... hurts... what messed up flawed logic are you using? How in the world did his post about not being on his computer later come off as genuine concern for getting quick lynched? With the pace this game is going, no one is going to be quick lynched, period. There was no need for him to claim yet, and if he really is as good a player as he says he is, and I believe he should be, he would know that his claim was unneeded and not wanted (yet)

How... how in the world is a town roleblocker more plausible than town watcher? Please, please explain this unreasonable logic. Because trust me, town watchers are not over powered in the slightest,
especially
in a large game.

I don't know if your thought-process here just wasn't thought out very well and you're just uneducated or if your scum using crappy logic to try and get rid of me so I won't have a chance to catch you tonight, but I am now fully open to an Anxiety lynch.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

watchers have been established as one of the strongest town roles for a while now: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher

if nero cain was scum claiming to save himself, my guess would be he would follow standard protocol and claim at L-1. Him claiming early reads as genuine concern to share information.

piggy, can you give reads on DY, CB, TF, and RC?

also explain how you are sure you would catch me tonight as a watcher.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

adorkable 370 wrote:Is there any way we can finagle some sort of plan to confirm both PRs?

Watcher on the Roleblocker is the only logical option.

adorkable 373 wrote:Nero Cain (5)- Plan B, adorkable, PiggyGal15, Senjai, 4nxi3ty

You left Toon off this wagon.

---

Okay, the NC wagon should stop. I'm no longer comfortable with it. NC voters ought to join either the N or JS wagons.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:34 am

Post by JacobSavage »

i think the plan of watcher on roleblocker may be the only solution bit if they turn out to be both mafia...
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:43 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Of course there's always that possibility.

What else would you propose we do, JS?
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:49 am

Post by JacobSavage »

I honestly can't see another option give we have a watcher and a role blocker,
I can't think of a test that 1. the mafia cant fake.
2. Would be able to tell the difference between alignment
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 am

Post by DeasVail »

Replacing Cletus+Brandine.

Also, deadline is in ~46 hours.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 388, DeasVail wrote:
Replacing Cletus+Brandine.

Also, deadline is in ~46 hours.

Unvote, Vote: Piggy
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:20 am

Post by DeasVail »

F-16_Fighting_Falcon replaces Cletus+Brandine.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Empking, can I interest you in an N lynch instead?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Hi guys. A bit busy right now but I'll have time to catch up this evening so expect a post then. I am looking forward to getting into this game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 391, RedCoyote wrote:Empking, can I interest you in an N lynch instead?

I don't find him scummy; he's not on my definitely not list though.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by adorkable »

Emp and Anxiety, get the fuck off of Piggy. Seriously. We should have Piggy watch NC, and NC block someone and then we can talk about lynching possibilities after hearing from both of them (or getting info off of scum intervening). The odds of both being scum are low, IMO, so this should work for N1 at the least. If we lynch one and they flip town, we're possibly losing two PRs.

@DoomYoshi, what do you think about Emp's scumread on you?

@RC: I have more of a townread on N than JS. If our vote has to be on one of the two wagons, I'd rather go for JS. However, something last night got me thinking about Yoshiscum, I can't remember what ATM (I was tired as shit when I posted, as I had to be up for work in 5 hours) but I'll reread some stuff later tonight and see if I can remember.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

le reads for Anx -
Doom - Townish...? More of a null leaning town, I doubt he's scum
CB - motivations behind the posts seemed faked, I'll see how Falcon responds to the game so far
TF - honestly, he's my townest read right now, after playing with him so many times (and reading so many times) him being scum, this is one of the few games that I can tell the emotion behind the posts are legit, and he just seems incredibly townie to me
RC - nullish leaning townish... I suppose? Not a solid opinion in any case, I wouldn't vote him today, but he's definitely not a strong town read or anything.

adorkable, I hope you know, that I am now for sure not going to be watching NC. I don't care if it'll make me look scummier, but if scum actually targeted NC, after it being blatantly said that I'll be watching NC, then the scum deserve to lose this game for absolute stupidity. Like, seriously, I would probably never play with that player again, on the off chance we ever ended up on the same team, just because of how idiotic that would be. So no, I'm not watching one specific person, you guys can give me a pool, but that doesn't mean I'll be watching in it. I'll pick to watch whoever I would kill if I was scum.
adorkable
adorkable
Goon
adorkable
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by adorkable »

In post 395, PiggyGal15 wrote:adorkable, I hope you know, that I am now for sure not going to be watching NC. I don't care if it'll make me look scummier, but if scum actually targeted NC, after it being blatantly said that I'll be watching NC, then the scum deserve to lose this game for absolute stupidity. Like, seriously, I would probably never play with that player again, on the off chance we ever ended up on the same team, just because of how idiotic that would be. So no, I'm not watching one specific person, you guys can give me a pool, but that doesn't mean I'll be watching in it. I'll pick to watch whoever I would kill if I was scum.

you're a bad player
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 395, PiggyGal15 wrote:adorkable, I hope you know, that I am now for sure not going to be watching NC. I don't care if it'll make me look scummier, but if scum actually targeted NC, after it being blatantly said that I'll be watching NC, then the scum deserve to lose this game for absolute stupidity. Like, seriously, I would probably never play with that player again, on the off chance we ever ended up on the same team, just because of how idiotic that would be. So no, I'm not watching one specific person, you guys can give me a pool, but that doesn't mean I'll be watching in it. I'll pick to watch whoever I would kill if I was scum.

so can we lynch this now, or....
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Gentlemen Bastards replaces Senjai.

Deadline has been extended by 24 hours, so that it will now be 15th November, 6am AEDT. The most recent vote count will be edited to reflect this.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

For those who don't know us we're a hydra account with the heads being Regfan and Empire (Satire). We've already caught up and had a discussion about most of our reads, there's about two or three reads that we're somewhat less sure on and want to do some meta research into but that'll have to wait a little bit.
Anyway here's where we're at right now (If you want anything explained in more detail just ask):

Town (Strongest to Weakest):

Jason
should never have fucking been voted. This dude is literally the-most-obv-town player I have ever come across. Ever. The fact that he even got one vote let alone multiple is shockingly disgusting. For those too blind to see it themselves or too caught up pushing on him out of play style annoyance here's what you've missed; The fact that he 'was going through' C+B and found a post he disliked at 1:19PM then had 'opinions' at 1:59PM proves he was scumhunting and reading peoples ISOs for 40 minutes on page 4, scum do not do that. Scum do not spend forever going through peoples posts only to make an 'opinion time post' to follow it. The fact that he stated that he spent too long doing it and it delayed everything else he had to do shows commitment that town give and his "It was difficult enough to try and justify mythoughs rather than just state what is my gut instinct." is so unbelievably genuine that it's not funny.

DemonCores
placement of the Piggy vote and case against her is literally spot on, the fact that she changed her stance on Jacob and then made up a 'slip' is incredibly damning and his paranoia of RedCoyote when he replaced in is legitimate and comments of 'Dropping of scumlist' 'Moving up townlist' are big town-tells.

PlanBs
reads and scumhunting is incredibly genuine as is the fact that he's shown he's willing to re-think reads and actually go over things again. We can explain this read in more detail if needed but think it's relatively obvious he's town.

RedCoyotes
normally extremely difficult to read and probably who we regard as one of the stronger scum players on the site but we're fairly sure we've correct on him being town in this game. We tend to find he's a bit more 'detailed' into things as scum and plays a weaker game as town and his catch up post this game sort of resembles his town manner of catching up. We pretty much like all of his reads and stances with the only exception being Jacob but Empire was telling me he said "As town he loves to push people who are indecisive" and thinks that's the case here with Jacob. Also love his interactions with Plan B.

Empkings (Theamateur)
replace in post of reads mirrors a lot of our thoughts, that being the fact that Jacob is obvobvtown and should never have been voted alongside Piggy/UT-Scum. His "Seriously Thea" is a pretty strong town-tell and Theams "Not seeing what Senaji did that makes him mafia" mirrors his stance on RVS from Scummies Mafia where he was town and caught a lot of flak from it, don't think it's something he'd do as scum.

4nxietys
read on Jacob as well as his thoughts on Senjai come across as very genuine. His comment of "If I die look at Doom" is the sort of comment I state as town a lot and seen a lot of townies do it in the past whereas it's something scum rarely state so naturally.

Adorkable is interesting. We both kept saying "Yeah Adorkable is town" "That post reads as town" on AIM to each other when reading through the thread but going back and ISOing them I'm not anywhere near as sure about this town-read as I was before. Think the main reason we found them town was that their push on Piggy was good and their tone and attitude when reading through the thread comes across as town.

Dooms early early game posts were quite bad but we think it just took him a while to get into the game as after then his reads and thoughts were a lot easier to follow and somewhat understand, wanted to do some meta research into him and in fact I'll put an (*) here to remember to do it later.

Nero Cains
annoyance with Senjai feels very genuine and the manner in which he claimed also reads as genuine, there's a few more minor things pointing towards him being town but biggest issue was in DVs last mini normal he had a jailkeeper, not a roleblocker and if he is the type to prefer town JK I somewhat doubt a town roleblocker.
Any potential way we can find out who reviewed the setup at all?
Overall though I still lean towards him being town but don't take that to the bank.

F-16 (C+B)
is probably one of our weakest town reads by far, pretty much revolves around their push on Piggy looking like they genuinely believe she's mafia, will be wanting to really go back and take a re look at this read though.

Scum (Strongest to Weakest):

Piggy
couldn't be any more obvscum, first of there's the fact that when I was reviewing DVs mini normal he wanted a Mafia Watcher in the setup and didn't get it because the setup was too scumsided at the time which means him wanting to stick one into this game is massively massively likely. Then there's the fact that her turn around on Jacob is massively opportunistic since he was the counterwagon, not just that but what she said was a 'slip' isn't even close to one, it's the sort of thing scum use to push fake cases all the time. Then she claims and states "If people start lynch claimed PRs, with no counterclaims, I'm honestly going to stop playing mafia." when getting voted which is AtE but then when NeroCain claims later as a roleblocker she pushes his lynch, it's a massive massive contradiction and shows that she's literally lying between her teeth.

ToonFighter
really shouldn't have anyone having a town-read on him, he's also relatively obvious mafia and the fact that he hasn't really been legitimately pushed yet is shocking. We kept saying on AIM when discussing the game "Why the fuck aren't people turbolynching this dude" and it's a question that I really do want answered. He voted Senjai very early on, then used something that happened after his vote as justification for his vote, then used something after that even as justification for his vote and kept changing his reason behind why his vote was there, it was blatant 'do action, think of reasons to cover up action'. Not just that though but his is so waffly that it's not funny, it's 'what you did makes me think you're more likely town but what you also did makes me think you're more likely mafia so I'm keeping my vote on you" it's not a town mindset, it's not a legitimate scumhunting thought process at all. He then jumps on Jacob when the wagon there is growing from memory then says that Piggy is bad and needs more opinions then states that "I'm expecting good reasons for moving my vote to piggy. But, for what I've seen so far, I'd be happy to put my vote on her." in which is literally saying "If I have to buss my partner I will" progresses to state intention to hammer if no claim, then she claims and he jumps right of it stating that he's willing to believe her for a day but when Nero claims it's the opposite, he wants the lynch today. The double standards that he shows there makes it incredibly obvious of a Piggy-Toon scum-team.

UTs
done nothing other than prod-dodge and filler post which matches his scum meta to a tee. If you're interested in the meta here it is Abart, Scum, Lurking/Fluff Posting/Replaced, Almost Normal, Town, Very Active / Some Fluff Posting and Flash Mafia 3, Scum, Lurking/Replaced so you can tell a massive difference between the amount of effort and energy he puts forward in town games in comparison to scum games and right now he's meeting his scum meta, needs to be hung very soon.

N
is probably my biggest wrench-in-the-works read at the moment. To put it very simply his content and posts have been atrocious and he looks as if he's trying to slip under the radar as much as possible rather than actually scumhunt but the problem is he doesn't fit with my other scum reads. Like not at all. I'm relatively confident that Piggy/Toon are scum, like would bet on it at the moment and the fact that after Piggy was run up and claimed Toon voted N and N voted Toon points against them being a trio. Scum don't buss when a partner is already run up, not like that. I know this is a tin-foil-hat sort of theory at the moment but 15 player game doesn't work with 5-6 scum and with 4 scum it's too few so I'm thinking we're dealing with 4 scum and SK and I think Ns play works exactly as a SK. Know it's a high ask but want him roleblocked or investigated or something soon if two kills start happening.

Very very happy with either a Toon or Piggy lynch today. Other gets lynched tomorrow followed by a UT lynch and then a N lynch if there's multi-kills happening. This needs to be stuck to, don't want to die and watch a town failure occur when all three/four of them are fairly obvscum. Also if Jason ever gets lynched then we're going to hunt down whoever votes him and murder them in their sleep, same goes if DC gets lynched.

Unvote, Vote; PiggyGirl

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”