Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1674, Paid Pyro wrote:If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie.

Explain this sentence
right now

@ProHawk - I rescind that assertion - I thought Cheery voted earlier than he did. If it was a bus, it was later than I thought. He's possible scum, maybe, but I still think Darthe should go first. Darthe reads like scum by a lot.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1674, Paid Pyro wrote:
If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie. I think she reads town at this point.

Makes perfect sense to me and I concur, but I will allow Pyro to explain first.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by roflcopter »

In post 1676, ProHawk wrote:
In post 1674, Paid Pyro wrote:
If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie. I think she reads town at this point.

Makes perfect sense to me and I concur, but I will allow Pyro to explain first.

qft
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Sorry guys I'm trying to keep up.

What's so odd about PP's comment? Seems to me he's talking from the context of goofball being scum... if she's scum, then everyone else is town, right? So why would scumgoof push so hard for one townie when it's gonna be easy to lynch another? I don't see anything wrong with that sentence.

But I can maybe explain why it would be good scum motivation to push the lynch of someone not <malp darthe>... if neither of these two are scum, then the scum would want them around for as long as possible, because if these guys are villagers and still here when scum needs two mislynches to win, then scum winning is viable.

I don't think goof is scum, I don't see anything wrong with PP's comment, and I think we should be lynching darthe or malp because if we leave these guys around, we increase the chances of scum actually winning this.

I'll admit I haven't been putting in as much effort as I could have. I got complacent thinking we had this locked long ago. This doesn't seem as clear cut as it did, so I'm gonna pull my finger out and try to help find the scum.

If it's not one of <darthe malp cheery> then it's effectively lylo already if we lynch away from these guys.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by TheReverend »

Oh should I have let PP explain? My bad.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1674, Paid Pyro wrote:AP, why do you feel DGB would push so hard if she's scum? If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie. I think she reads town at this point.

She is trying to immitate her town games. She knows at least rofl and I have played with her. If she decided to take backseat and sheep, then I know rofl would have jumped on her.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1679, TheReverend wrote:Oh should I have let PP explain? My bad.

No, there was nothing suspicious about the comment. Like at all. And PP is one of my best townreads right now, no reason to let people go convincing themselves that his speculation about DGB-scum is some kind of freudian slip when it isn't.
Paid Pyro
Paid Pyro
Goon
Paid Pyro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Paid Pyro »

In post 1675, Rob14 wrote:
In post 1674, Paid Pyro wrote:If there a perfectly acceptable townie on the block then why push for another townie.

Explain this sentence
right now

@ProHawk - I rescind that assertion - I thought Cheery voted earlier than he did. If it was a bus, it was later than I thought. He's possible scum, maybe, but I still think Darthe should go first. Darthe reads like scum by a lot.

Really Rob13, are you scum? So you think this is a scum slip and yet you just don't come out and say it. I should know this tactic, I used it a lot in my last game (not on this site) to discredit townies. This is from a DGB scum perspective, if you couldn't figure it out. You've been reading this game and digging up quote. How much work are you putting in at this point? Scum work hard, town is usually lazy. If I recall Cherry is doing similar "work" as well, as pointed out by DGB. Sigh, I would go back and read you but I'm to lazy at this point. I'll just watch you a lot closer after we get a flip on either Cherry or malp.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Most suspicious people in thread:

DGB. Prohawk.

Secondary after them is Malp/Darthe
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by TheReverend »

PP - are you seriously suggesting rob might not be town? If you're going to counterclaim his vig shot, then fine, we can entertain this idea.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1672, Rob14 wrote:bus'd 2/3 DGB, not 1/3

I'd bus 3/3, myself, if I felt they deserved it ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

@DGB why should I believe you to be scum just because you brought a bad idea forward? I had produced a town read on your predator which was pretty strong based on his activity levels. Although that doesn't actually confirm your slot to be town, I feel that it does indicate that you shouldn't be todays lynch .

And you've actually brought up some good points as to why I could be scum now - pity I interacted with the last scum, otherwise we could have caught them based of who I never interacted with wait your slot is the last one I interacted with right? Maybe you are scum after all.
I'm still convinced it's malp, I can't see this game balanced with two milers. The one we know to be a true miller wouldn't have claimed had malp claimed first; if that happened, it wouldn't have even been possible g to have them both vigged.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1685, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1672, Rob14 wrote:bus'd 2/3 DGB, not 1/3

I'd bus 3/3, myself, if I felt they deserved it ;-)

number 2 scum was vigged, it's hard to be able to be on the lynching wagon of someone that got vigged :p
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1686, Cheery Dog wrote:
And you've actually brought up some good points as to why I could be scum now - pity I interacted with the last scum, otherwise we could have caught them based of who I never interacted with wait your slot is the last one I interacted with right? Maybe you are scum after all.
I'm still convinced it's malp, I can't see this game balanced with two milers. The one we know to be a true miller wouldn't have claimed had malp claimed first; if that happened, it wouldn't have even been possible g to have them both vigged.

When you are the last scum, this makes zero sense.

@Rob, trying to find your case on Darthe... I can't. Wall please?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 1688, ProHawk wrote:
In post 1686, Cheery Dog wrote:

When you are the last scum, this makes zero sense.

@Rob, trying to find your case on Darthe... I can't. Wall please?

I can do a wall if you want, but it won't be for a day or three. I have a midterm, quiz, and a shit ton of homework coming up this week that I need to get under control.

@PP - I'm not going to respond to speculation that I am scum unless you can produce a viable scenario where I would claim the actions I claimed without any counter-claims from town. Also why I would continuously bring attention on DC and CKD at times when few were talking about them and there were other wagons on people who have flipped town that I could have hopped aboard. But your reaction when questioned interests me.

I disliked your phrasing and didn't realize that you were talking from DGB's POV because you failed to make that clear in your post, in my opinion. I wish Rev hadn't supplied that response, though.

So yeah, will get wall on Darthe going as soon as I can.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1688, ProHawk wrote:When you are the last scum, this makes zero sense.

That would be because I'm not the last scum, nor scum at all for the matter.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:59 pm

In post 1686, Cheery Dog wrote:@DGB why should I believe you to be scum just because you brought a bad idea forward? I had produced a town read on your predator which was pretty strong based on his activity levels. Although that doesn't actually confirm your slot to be town, I feel that it does indicate that you shouldn't be todays lynch .

Look. I'm not going to convince you that you're scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1689, Rob14 wrote:

I can do a wall if you want, but it won't be for a day or three. I have a midterm, quiz, and a shit ton of homework coming up this week that I need to get under control.

So yeah, will get wall on Darthe going as soon as I can.

If I am reading the deadline correctly, we have 2 Days, 13 hours to come up with a consensus. If you are really busy this week, you should consider lynching Cheery with us and we can go after Darthe tomorrow if it comes down to that.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 pm

If we lynch Cheery, the game will end and that frees everyone for homework!

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Rob14 »

We're on L-1 right now. If it gets closer (within 12 hours), I'll take the hammer to prevent a no lynch. I'm going to try to get that wall out tomorrow if I can so that it can get on this day, but that will be tough and probably unlikely to happen.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by Darthe »

I highly dislike how my name has been generally linked with malp. To me it seems more likely that we have a VT lying than a PR. The amount of "kill one then the other" type talk being tossed about seems relevant to this conclusion. It's an attempt to make Lylo. That is where I want more attention. More on this soon.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Darthe »

How the hell did the same people who came to the conclusion that the town had too few power roles to be balanced also come to the conclusion that one of our power riles must therefore be scum?
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Darthe »

In post 1663, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1660, Rob14 wrote:If Cheery is scum, he bussed hard on CKD and to a lesser extent DC. After reading his ISO with the confirmed members of the scum-team, I do not believe he is scum. His night actions are questionable at best, but I saw very little in their interactions that points to anything but Cheery-town.

Was Cheery's choice of night action bad? Yes.
Was it anti-town? Probably.
Is he scum? No.

QUESTION.

Did he speak to the scumbags directly, or did he speak OF the scumbags only?

If he's engaging the scumbags directly and engaging them, then he's town.

If not - he's scum.

Why?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1696, Darthe wrote:How the hell did the same people who came to the conclusion that the town had too few power roles to be balanced also come to the conclusion that one of our power riles must therefore be scum?

They didn't.
Unless you're talking about me concluding that malp is scum and you count miller as a power role. Millers are negative powers and are thus a anti-power role, therefore they are scum.

We may be all part of the same town, but that doesn't mean we all conclude our balance specs the same way.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Its literally PH/DGB. One of those 2. Malp and Darthe are distant possibilities. Cheery is town and should feel town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”