Micro 66 - Robo's F11 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 349, Thor665 wrote:So why bring it up?
It was kind of an elaboration on why it wouldn't matter much even if he flipped scum.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Let's say we lynch Violet and they flip town - what do you learn from the 'connections' in thread?

Same question if the flower flips scum?

I want to see what a valuable info treasure trove this is.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 346, TraceyLyn11 wrote:@Cheery: Explain.

My vote on you is because I can't understand why that sentence Thor (which I read as a offhand joke) is scummy in any way.
Vio was winning the wall war with you in my opinion, which meant if it continued I would be finding you more scummy than Vio. I know it has stopped for the moment since we've had Thor and Nacho come in, but when you go out and label something as crazy as a offhand joke as something scummy and practically label Thor scum because of it when you had town from his slot, it just doesn't sit right.

You should explain how Thor's post was scummy.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Welcome, Thor and Nacho, you scummy pair of scummers you.

@Both of you: Is Tracey's insistence that PMyst shouldn't be lynched scummier or less scummy than PMyst's lack of anything of value to the thread? Also, I'd like each of you to tell me what you think of the things said by those you replaced. What do you agree or disagree with, from their ISO's? (They're fairly short, you shouldn't need too long to read them).
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 351, Thor665 wrote:Let's say we lynch Violet and they flip town - what do you learn from the 'connections' in thread?

Same question if the flower flips scum?

I want to see what a valuable info treasure trove this is.
The same as in any other game. We know his reads are genuine. Maybe not right, but genuine. We know that his connections with others are not a result of scum motivation. Therefore, if there was any mutual buddying done, the other buddier has more chance of being scum (kind of depends on the players, though). The same goes for bussing (or, not bussing, but you know what I mean). Whereas, if PM flips scum, he cannot be connected with anyone. He has not posted reads. He has posted almost nothing of game substance. If he flips town, it's the exact same scenario. It wouldn't make sense to make him a day one lynch if we could avoid it.

The flower?

In post 352, Cheery Dog wrote:My vote on you is because I can't understand why that sentence Thor (which I read as a offhand joke) is scummy in any way.
Vio was winning the wall war with you in my opinion, which meant if it continued I would be finding you more scummy than Vio. I know it has stopped for the moment since we've had Thor and Nacho come in, but when you go out and label something as crazy as a offhand joke as something scummy and practically label Thor scum because of it when you had town from his slot, it just doesn't sit right.

You should explain how Thor's post was scummy.
And you didn't bother asking me why I said that... Because?

I did not label Thor scum.

I've seen scum make similar posts. I'm sure I've seen town make them, too, and I just don't recall due to the scum posts being more noticeable, but it's a type of thing that bothers me, and I don't see the benefits of town saying something so blatantly WIFOMish. I find those types of posts scummy. That does not mean I think the person is scum.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I thought by brackets saying I didn't explain it meant that I needed it explained to me, do I have to put everyone in way of a question to have people notice it?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 354, TraceyLyn11 wrote:The same as in any other game. We know his reads are genuine. Maybe not right, but genuine. We know that his connections with others are not a result of scum motivation. Therefore, if there was any mutual buddying done, the other buddier has more chance of being scum (kind of depends on the players, though). The same goes for bussing (or, not bussing, but you know what I mean). Whereas, if PM flips scum, he cannot be connected with anyone. He has not posted reads. He has posted almost nothing of game substance. If he flips town, it's the exact same scenario. It wouldn't make sense to make him a day one lynch if we could avoid it.

this is all useless
literally everything here
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 355, Cheery Dog wrote:I thought by brackets saying I didn't explain it meant that I needed it explained to me, do I have to put everyone in way of a question to have people notice it?
I was asking why you didn't ask me before voting.

In post 356, Nachomamma8 wrote:this is all useless
He asked me a question. I responded.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 357, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I was asking why you didn't ask me before voting.

Because you wanted the pm voting to stop, and I couldn't really do that by staying with a vote I had out since page 2.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 358, Cheery Dog wrote:Because you wanted the pm voting to stop, and I couldn't really do that by staying with a vote I had out since page 2.
... Fair enough.

How the hell did you get away with keeping your vote from page two? *face palm to me and rest of players*
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 353, Mitillos wrote:@Both of you: Is Tracey's insistence that PMyst shouldn't be lynched scummier or less scummy than PMyst's lack of anything of value to the thread? Also, I'd like each of you to tell me what you think of the things said by those you replaced. What do you agree or disagree with, from their ISO's? (They're fairly short, you shouldn't need too long to read them).

I haven't read any of PMyst in this game, so I can't really qualify a comparison between them.
I find her logic for not wanting him lynched to be fairly suspect - and without looking at him would tend to favor lynching her first as reasonless defense of a useless slot is, in my opinion, scummier than being a useless slot.
I'm game for lynching either right now, though.

I am suspicious if I read an ISO i'll feel obligated to try to read the game to understand the flow of the ISO.
I have zero interest in reading the old pages.
I'll go glance at him in ISO after posting this though, and if it looks easy I'll do it and if it looks hard I'll refuse.

In post 357, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 356, Nachomamma8 wrote:this is all useless
He asked me a question. I responded.

His point is that your answer went like this:

People who interact with the Violet slot will either be scum or town and we'll then know they're scum or town...

Which, though true, is hardly a beacon of brilliance shining down from the heavens.

Also, I'm going to echo Cheery because you're being dodgy about this: Explain how my comment to Nacho about us needing to be scum together is scummy?

@Nacho - how awesome is this PMysterious wagon again? I'm feeling the Tracy with an 'e' one was probably pretty righteous right now.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

When you lynch an active player who is providing reads, you learn "herp derp, we're fucking idiots". If you wonder whether someone's genuine, you could read them and get a town read on them as a result. Saying that things are not originated from scum motivation is exactly the same thing as saying that someone isn't scum; if PM flips town, then we will see that nothing he posts has a scum motivation and his lurking was genuine. If he flips scum, then the scumteam is one member down and townies are closer to our win condition! Yay! Also the point about mutual buddying and mutual suspicion is stupid. Town can buddy town, town can suspect town. Flipping one doesn't clear the other; it also doesn't confirm the other as scum, either. It's also amazing what connections you draw when you're lynching scum. What's more telling then "oh, this guy had a town read on this guy" is "oh, this guy DIDN'T have a town read on this guy, but when it was time to the lynch, he defended him like hell."

lynch people because they are scum
not because they draw connections
and PM is scum, so yay
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Klick has 30 posts, so this will likely be annoying. I'm going to skim it.

I actually somewhat like the Cheery=town reasoning.

A lot of the rest is meta discussion that I can't really validate or deny. I would not I tend to take it as a positive sign that he was trying to make people aware of meta and opposed ;lynch derp; type cases. I don't think he ever clarified his PM thing, so can't comment. He's saying he can read him but ::shrug:: There's nothing to agree or disagree with as an overall tell. I like the Tracey=scum logic, finding a player avoiding considering something they should know reeks of a scum intent from that player.

I don't have enough scum/town reads to really assess his reads as compared to mine, so I can't say whether I agree or disagree with the conclusions, and the methods expressed were almost all his meta experience and opinions of them. I think the Tracey tell is objectively a clean scumtell though, and I agree with it. I think the Cheery one is an objective towntell and I'm willing to agree with it as, basically, I'm happy with anyone who sneers at the current version of RQS.

I mostly feel dumber and annoyed for having skimmed over that all - you better prove you got something exciting from it or I will hate you (more than I already do).
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 360, Thor665 wrote:@Nacho - how awesome is this PMysterious wagon again? I'm feeling the Tracy with an 'e' one was probably pretty righteous right now.

PM is an easy scumread.
Tracey is probably town, but we could probably lynch her for her connections.

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 360, Thor665 wrote:I find her logic for not wanting him lynched to be fairly suspect - and without looking at him would tend to favor lynching her first as reasonless defense of a useless slot is, in my opinion, scummier than being a useless slot.
What would we gain from the PM lynch on day one?

In post 360, Thor665 wrote:His point is that your answer went like this:

People who interact with the Violet slot will either be scum or town and we'll then know they're scum or town...

Which, though true, is hardly a beacon of brilliance shining down from the heavens.
I don't understand how that's useless. I never claimed that it was some magical realization. I just said lynching a scummy player who has game related content is better than lynching one without content.
Especially on day one
. I've heard you say this before (or, I think so, anyways. It was someone. Pretty sure it was you). That lynching a lurker on day one is the same as being on day one when we're at day two but with two less players (probably). I don't understand why this concept is hard for you all to grasp.

In post 360, Thor665 wrote:Also, I'm going to echo Cheery because you're being dodgy about this: Explain how my comment to Nacho about us needing to be scum together is scummy?
... I already answered that.

In post 360, Thor665 wrote:@Nacho - how awesome is this PMysterious wagon again?
:igmeou:

@Nacho:
In post 339, TraceyLyn11 wrote:do you think PM's lurking contributes to his scumminess, or is it something else that makes you think he is scum?

In post 362, Thor665 wrote:I think the Tracey tell is objectively a clean scumtell though
Are you referring to where Klick said I should know PM wouldn't reaction fish? Or are you referring to something else?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:do you think PM's lurking contributes to his scumminess, or is it something else that makes you think he is scum?

I have never called someone scum for lurking.
Ever.

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 365, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:do you think PM's lurking contributes to his scumminess, or is it something else that makes you think he is scum?

I have never called someone scum for lurking.
Ever.
Then what makes him scummy?
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 361, Nachomamma8 wrote:When you lynch an active player who is providing reads, you learn "herp derp, we're fucking idiots". If you wonder whether someone's genuine, you could read them and get a town read on them as a result. Saying that things are not originated from scum motivation is exactly the same thing as saying that someone isn't scum; if PM flips town, then we will see that nothing he posts has a scum motivation and his lurking was genuine. If he flips scum, then the scumteam is one member down and townies are closer to our win condition! Yay! Also the point about mutual buddying and mutual suspicion is stupid. Town can buddy town, town can suspect town. Flipping one doesn't clear the other; it also doesn't confirm the other as scum, either. It's also amazing what connections you draw when you're lynching scum. What's more telling then "oh, this guy had a town read on this guy" is "oh, this guy DIDN'T have a town read on this guy, but when it was time to the lynch, he defended him like hell."

lynch people because they are scum
not because they draw connections
and PM is scum, so yay

hi tracey i put tons of effort into this shit
respond and explain how i am wrong
ty <3

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:What would we gain from the PM lynch on day one?

Nacho quick test combined with seeing who votes for the lynch.

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I just said lynching a scummy player who has game related content is better than lynching one without content.
Especially on day one
. I've heard you say this before (or, I think so, anyways. It was someone. Pretty sure it was you). That lynching a lurker on day one is the same as being on day one when we're at day two but with two less players (probably). I don't understand why this concept is hard for you all to grasp.

I grasp your concept - I just disagree with it.
I also doubt I said that, I would tend to say Day 1 is about the only sane day to lynch a lurker if you're going to do it on that case though.

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:... I already answered that.

Quote it, and prove me an idiot. Saying 'it's WIFOM!' does not count as an answer unless you explain *how* it's WIFOM.

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Are you referring to where Klick said I should know PM wouldn't reaction fish? Or are you referring to something else?

He was discussing reaction fishing - so yes.
Why, did he nail you with any other meta ignoring breeches?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Nacho - once we get up to L-1 remind me to make you explain this wagon again.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 354, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I've seen scum make similar posts. I'm sure I've seen town make them, too, and I just don't recall due to the scum posts being more noticeable, but it's a type of thing that bothers me, and I don't see the benefits of town saying something so blatantly WIFOMish. I find those types of posts scummy. That does not mean I think the person is scum.

Oh wait, I bet I found the answer!

Oh...wait...it's actually not an answer in any way at all...

Thor officially supports the Tracy with an 'e' wagon as well as PMysterious.
Everyone should vote one or the other to show me and Nacho who you love best!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 363, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 360, Thor665 wrote:@Nacho - how awesome is this PMysterious wagon again? I'm feeling the Tracy with an 'e' one was probably pretty righteous right now.

PM is an easy scumread.
Tracey is probably town, but we could probably lynch her for her connections.

Why should we risk lynching a possible town in a game so small?
I rather lynch scum then accidentally mislynch due to connections.

---

Tracey, I called CD out for his vote on me and for his lack of scum hunting. He has tunneled me without really giving out other reads other than when asked. To me that is scummy.

---

WIFOM is scummy in of itself. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 364, TraceyLyn11 wrote:What would we gain from the PM lynch on day one?

What would we gain from lynching PM day 2?

Exactly the same information as if it were day 1, unless PM actually starts playing the game after a night has been (which going by his meta, he doesn't), if we're going to lynch him, then we'd get the same information from him whenever he dies.

Malakittens wrote:
In post 363, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Why should we risk lynching a possible town in a game so small?
I rather lynch scum then accidentally mislynch due to connections.

Everyone is possible town, why should we be lynching at all?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Mitillos »

In post 362, Thor665 wrote:you better prove you got something exciting from it or I will hate you (more than I already do).

You hate me? :? What did I do to you?

And yes, I did get something exciting from it, but it will have to wait, until Nacho answers the question to, or refuses to do so. And yeah, this should have happened long ago:
Unvote

Vote: Pmyst

Someone who's playing exactly like their scum meta and unlike their town meta, deserves rope. I don't even know how Tracey and Mala convinced me to change my mind.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 371, Malakittens wrote:Tracey, I called CD out for his vote on me and for his lack of scum hunting. He has tunneled me without really giving out other reads other than when asked. To me that is scummy.

He has provably not done that as regards his current Tracy with an 'e' suspicions.
Discuss.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”