Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 am

Post by pidgey »

Lol this counterwagon stinks so much of scum.

Its easy guys just crossreference whonjumped out of tammy wagon into mine AND whomvoted for the first town lynch youll get around 3 names, 2 of them will be scum. Im ok with my lynch since this day sucks anyway its just people slapping each other with their little hands talking about what to do with tammy. A lynch is needednandit it has to be obvious town me then what da yah know. Just please
1. Kill myk tomorrow tammy
2. Lynch tammy tomorrow people
3. Readmmymfucking reads especially check that crossreference im talking about.

"he rages too much" says jason who has modded two games ive raged like 10x time whatni have in this game. Prob scum, now that i remember that.

G G.

Pedit: go and fuck yourself mastin, read my fucking iso and then check jason. Call me scum if you want, jut not useless. Idiot.
-----------------
Sup
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Myk wrote: Hey, it does.

Cool. Lets have this whole discussion again tomorrow.

So you unvoted a Cop Guilty that you aren’t disputing because it may put you on Evens. In a Large Theme game with 18 players left. When possible protections may over the course of the many days to come mess with the numbers? Nope.jpg. Add in that you seem to explicitly know that only 1 Scum Nightkill exists (since your assessment is driven by that as a fact) and I think the obvious result is scum.

Myk wrote: Everybody cares about the numbers game. That's why people are talking about "double day" and "kill the sk now so we have more lynches". The fact is that lynching tammy now simply is the worse strategy, regardless of where you stand in the debate above.

More accurately enough bad Town and scum ‘care’ about the numbers game to obstruct the obv lynch and your “it is the worst lynch” stance is just plain so wrong I don’t even …

--

mastin wrote: If he were town, he'd know better. Khan's right. Everyone off the Tammy wagon's right, on the game being double-day.

Still waiting for a single person to actually show outcomes in non-Vanilla Double Day games are better for Town than the average non-Vanilla game. Imagine I am going to be waiting a long, long time and will be seeing more derp like this.

--

Tammy wrote: I never claimed to have relevant information for the setup. I only confirmed that someone sent me a message so that when they claimed it either at massclaim or at lynch it would be confirmed that they did.

So why is that relevant given that the Messanger role is not Alignment driven?

--

KK wrote: Wait, what? Why would someone potentially suicide themselves?

Because later in the game it would certainly be worth it to test. It’s not some outrageous concept as you are making it out to be. A role that has Night actions but isn’t powerful in catching scum (for example … a Neighborizor like Nero or an Inventor with a single remaining Invention)

As an example – Katuski fake-claimed PGO in Gay Mafia and was eventually caught when Pine took the chance of targeting him.

So I looked at your case on Acosmist …

* Failure to do any original scum-hunting
* Votes and suspects only people that express suspicion towards him
* Essentially he's been coasting on his claim. He's protected himself from any night-activity and responds to any pressure with aggressive OMGUS.
* If he didn't claim PGO (which, as it's pointed out, any early claim should be treated as a VT), would you think he was town?

My response is –

1. This is an eye of beholder thing. While he’s not making large cases and pushing based on them he is making his opinion heard and isn’t afraid (from my quick ISO skim) to take unpopular ones (Benmage as scum). Do you have a scum reads on the other (well, I don’t particularly directly know since I haven’t fully read but I have seen several “lots of lurker” comments) slots not scum-hunting originally also?
2. OMGUS isn’t a scum-tell.
3 and 4. Meh. This is 100% driven based on his claim. The manner in which he claimed it rings Pro-Town to me. You clearly disagree.

I’m not moved. My read on his slot, again, is based on experience. I have seen recent Town Acosmist and Scum Acosmist. This ISO, at a glance, reads much more as Town Acosmist to me.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2142, mastin2 wrote:If we can't convince the stupid idotic stubborn town players on said lunacy wagon to hop off, then Tammy will be lynched, I'll be killed, Benmage will waste his investigation on me, and we'll be here tomorrow, with people on the wagon going, "It had to be done!", "Well, that was stupid of me.", "WHY WAS MASTIN KILLED?!?", "Well...I'm clueless now.", "It was the right thing to do.", "What do we do now?!?" and so on.

Even if you're town, we don't need you. Less crap cluttering the thread.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 am

Post by mastin2 »

Have I mentioned the part where MoI/Zoro is scum with Aco?
Yeah, he so totally is.

Kise wrote:Even if you're town, we don't need you. Less crap cluttering the thread.
Let's analyze that statement, shall we?
Who has been crying nothing but "LYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYGOGOGOGO, LYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYGOGOGOGO" for, what, 40 pages now?
Yeah.

Who has been
actually scumhunting
and looking for
scum
rather than lynching someone we already know the flip of?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:01 am

Post by mykonian »

MoI, I heard stuff about you, and I expected more from you tbh. I'm pretty sure I've considered every possible way this could go, posts about it are all over the place in between normal play.

The fact that Tammy is a claimed SK puts this beyond "hurr durr there is a guilty we lynch it". It allows you to think for once. I suggest you try it, it seems thinking makes you more clever.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:07 am

Post by WrathChild »

In post 2142, mastin2 wrote:Oh, right. Benmage is the ninth. :P

For obvious reasons, he's excluded. Butyeah. All remaining scum are on the Tammy wagon, and Aco/MoI/Kise are three of 'em.

If we can't convince the stupid idotic stubborn town players on said lunacy wagon to hop off, then Tammy will be lynched, I'll be killed, Benmage will waste his investigation on me, and we'll be here tomorrow, with people on the wagon going, "It had to be done!", "Well, that was stupid of me.", "WHY WAS MASTIN KILLED?!?", "Well...I'm clueless now.", "It was the right thing to do.", "What do we do now?!?" and so on.

All the while, the scum, which I'm pushing now, will have once more gotten away with nightkilling the players suspicious of them, and people won't bat an eye.

I'm calling that right now.

I'm sorry, why does Mastin feel like he's obv-town?

Here's another problem with not lynching Tammy. There was no kill last night, why does it make sense to pass up a claimed guilty, to take a shot at a faction that either doesn't exist or easily foiled. Seriously, a scum team that can't even pull off a N1 kill is of no threat. All this crap Myk is throwing out about Mylo and Lylos is stupid when we are so early in the game. Assuming an SK can be leashed is stupid, assuming Tammy is an SK is stupid. I strongly believe we may be dealing with a day faction and night faction based on the flavor of this game. Myk's and Mastin (and others) resistance to the obviously correct path choice adds even more kindling to that suspicion.

If a night team exists and has already been foiled N1, there is a good chance they will be foiled again tonight. With Tammy's corpse we can validate Benmage's claims, assuming that the plain fact that the Night Scum's first kill was stopped somehow generates enough WIFOM for them to think twice about killing Benmage. Benmage may be alive in the morning with a result we can trust, only IF we lynch Tammy.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 am

In post 2154, mykonian wrote:MoI, I heard stuff about you, and I expected more from you tbh. I'm pretty sure I've considered every possible way this could go, posts about it are all over the place in between normal play.

The fact that Tammy is a claimed SK puts this beyond "hurr durr there is a guilty we lynch it". It allows you to think for once. I suggest you try it, it seems thinking makes you more clever.

Oh myk it's so cute that you

1. Pretend we never played together before (btw, Everone's a Critic as a reminder )and thus you are just going off second-hand knowledge.
2. Think that leashing a Serial Killer is a good play ever for Town.
3. Think that such a weak-handed insult isn't anything but humorous.

And most importantly (so I'm bolding it)

4. make this post which speaks to me in the clear voice of "You are stupid Town" when you've been calling me scum. Funny how your posting doesn't match your claimed read.

Number 4, for the record, is why Myk is scum regardless of Tammy's flip.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2153, mastin2 wrote:Who has been crying nothing but "LYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYGOGOGOGO, LYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYLYNCHTAMMYGOGOGOGO" for, what, 40 pages now?

Me

In post 2153, mastin2 wrote:Yeah.

Yeeee

In post 2153, mastin2 wrote:Who has been
actually scumhunting
and looking for
scum
rather than lynching someone we already know the flip of?

I see you say you scumhunt...but then I remember you don't have reasons for calling people scum

Last 40 pages, you been bullshitting. Pretending to be town just because you make your posts look super serious doesn't actually make you town, or useful. You're stalling the game by trying to go off of guesswork and...trusting someone you know isn't town...thats what you've been doing

It's 2012. Most of us have enough experience to know that scumhunting on the surface doesn't make someone town, or even helpful to town. For example, making solid, well written, compelling cases only to mislynch, mislynch and mislynch.

THOSE KEEPING TAMMY ALIVE:
Who would you have her shoot tomorrow? Cast your votes now.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2156, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2154, mykonian wrote:MoI, I heard stuff about you, and I expected more from you tbh. I'm pretty sure I've considered every possible way this could go, posts about it are all over the place in between normal play.

Oh myk it's so cute that you

1. Pretend we never played together before (btw, Everone's a Critic as a reminder )and thus you are just going off second-hand knowledge.
2. Think that leashing a Serial Killer is a good play ever for Town.
3. Think that such a weak-handed insult isn't anything but humorous.

And most importantly (so I'm bolding it)

4. make this post which speaks to me in the clear voice of "You are stupid Town" when you've been calling me scum. Funny how your posting doesn't match your claimed read.

Number 4, for the record, is why Myk is scum regardless of Tammy's flip.

That's two years ago, I don't remember my games that well, I fear. And since there isn't actually a downside, I see no reason that you wouldn't let tammy kill. Unless you are worried you get shot, naturally. In that case it's perfectly safe to take your approach "you ALWAYS lynch a cop guilty, don't think, just do it." :)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 am

So now I think I will take a stroll through AV’s ISO and see what I can find –

His first post has a vote for Jason. With vague reasoning.

AV at 49 wrote: I think it's much more concerning that he'd ever think scum would fakeclaim Solid Snake in a Harry Potter themed game in the first place.
Reads to me like he's faking not knowing flavour.

Note to self
– see if any more now Newb / VI players take this sort of manufactured “It’s not a MGS game it is a Harry Potter game” since AV flipped MGS.

Votes Yates at with typical lack of reasoning.

If Tammy flips Alt-Scum then I would be looking right at one of Jason / Yates as partners. So not much else there to go by.

--

Moving on to look at the composition of the end of Day mislynch wagon …

Melmond - 11 (Tammy, zabriel, Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, BloodCovenant, Benmage, Yates, AngryPigeon, snifit, rapidcanyon, mykonian)

Not much overlap with the current Tammy wagon. Only Benmage, WrathChild, and AngryP are on both. This actually fits well with my reads since I think that the pidgey counterwagon to a Cop guilty is suspect. Once Tammy flips and we get confirmation of her actual alignment this is going to be a very nice dichotomy to dissect for VCA purposes regardless of the set-up.

For example – these posts by Scumykonian –

Even beyond what it is saying, which is already a poor reason to vote,
the "lol" at the end of the sentence makes it even worse.
And this is what pidgey vote on? Come on guys.

For the record. Throwaway vote on a protown dude. No reasoning, no nothing, just a place for your vote.

First off you know who doesn’t attack high profile ‘Power-players’ (which is a category Benmage falls into, especially given his tendency to attack those attacking him)? Scum who are not in that same category.

And pidgey (nothing personal pidgey) clearly isn’t. It’s a pretty strong Town tell (and coming from me this is saying something since I tend to dismiss most claimed Town tells myself) for a player of pidgey’s rep to vote Benmage with such weak reasoning. It is exactly the same way I identified Ranmaru correctly as Town in that game ... we was fearless about going right after Yosarian despite scum being in a terrible spot.

And look at the bolded in the first quote. Did anyone call him on that because that is such crap I can’t believe it didn’t happen.

Despite pidgey’s flailing “NO CASE ON ME” which is meh but null he does have a point – why exactly is pidgey scum? Someone have an actual case because Scumkyonian’s posts above actually are an example of scum looking at low-hanging fruit and trying to mock it up as actual scum-hunting.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 am

Post by mykonian »

Ah, and there it is. I wonder when scum would step in to call pidgey low hanging fruit.

Took you long enough MoI. Nice bit of leverage to call there to call me scum again for making a case on Pidgey.

vote MoI
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:42 am

In post 2158, mykonian wrote:That's two years ago, I don't remember my games that well, I fear. And since there isn't actually a downside, I see no reason that you wouldn't let tammy kill. Unless you are worried you get shot, naturally. In that case it's perfectly safe to take your approach "you ALWAYS lynch a cop guilty, don't think, just do it."

Look at this response. Look carefully at it. I'll translate for those who don't speak scum -

1. Ooops, got caught with my hand in the cookie jar in my offhanded smear effort that backfired. Lulz, just laugh it off.
2. I'll just continue to assert there is no downside and pretend that just handwaves away the many already brought up downsides (shortening the game, allowing SK / Mafia Tammy to go rogue later, no viable argument for why you don't lynch 100% scum, lack of viable proof that Double Days in non Vanilla actually benefit Town, that the 'numbers argument' isn't pure crap).
3. Ignores me, his scum read, calling him scum and doesn't address the fact he is posting towards me as Town not scum (Cognitive Dissonance ho!).
4. Oh, he's worried about being shot fluff mudslinging.

You should have known better than to wake the Dragon Myk. Now I'm going to have your scummy neck in hemp tomorrow ASAP!

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:43 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2151, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you unvoted a Cop Guilty that you aren’t disputing because it may put you on Evens. In a Large Theme game with 18 players left. When possible protections may over the course of the many days to come mess with the numbers? Nope.jpg. Add in that you seem to explicitly know that only 1 Scum Nightkill exists (since your assessment is driven by that as a fact) and I think the obvious result is scum.

This. IIRC Mykonian, didn't you compare this to a 6p lylo scenario >.>. This is not an even remotely compelling reason to hop off Tammy and now you are prancing around as if you wanted Tammy alive the whole time...all because of this?

In post 2151, MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. OMGUS isn’t a scum-tell.

MoI, I think I like you. (This is in fact a reverse OMGUS buddying attempt)

In post 2154, mykonian wrote:The fact that Tammy is a claimed SK puts this beyond "hurr durr there is a guilty we lynch it". It allows you to think for once. I suggest you try it, it seems thinking makes you more clever.

Then why were you voting her until the even logic came up?

In post 2155, WrathChild wrote:Seriously, a scum team that can't even pull off a N1 kill is of no threat

UNVOTE:
VOTE: WrathChild
CAN WE AT LEAST DO THIS OVER PIDGEY. WC IS CLEARLY SCUM FFS.

In post 2155, WrathChild wrote:If a night team exists and has already been foiled N1, there is a good chance they will be foiled again tonight.

WHY DID YOU SAY THIS?

In post 2155, WrathChild wrote:Benmage may be alive in the morning with a result we can trust, only IF we lynch Tammy.

HOW DID YOU REACH THIS CONCLUSION?

Ya, Mykonian/WrathChild are the best bets right now. Pidgey wagon is made of derp. Hes so obvtown it hurts.

In post 2157, Kise wrote:THOSE KEEPING TAMMY ALIVE: Who would you have her shoot tomorrow? Cast your votes now.

Wrath Child. Alternatively Mykonian or KK.

P-edit: wow, tons of posts. reading.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 am

Angry I appreciate you enthusism. Don't let it blind you to getting rid of Tammy.

Revote her.

Also - I'd suggest that WrathChild is probably (without a read-through, natch) not nearly the candidate that Mykonian is. If you aren't voting Tammy at least put your vote in the best possible spot - on Scumykonian.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2143, pidgey wrote:Also you dont even know if scum or sk have tricks off their sleave like some sort of extra kill, poisoning, etc. So really your ideology of this game is just outstandingly incredibly bad if you somehownare not scum.

Boy, what if lynching Tamy makes town auto-lose. Playing the hypothetical game gets you nowhere.

In post 2151, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Still waiting for a single person to actually show outcomes in non-Vanilla Double Day games are better for Town than the average non-Vanilla game. Imagine I am going to be waiting a long, long time and will be seeing more derp like this.

MagnaofIllusion wants to play follow-the-cop instead of scum-hunting?

Yes, double day makes it so town powers can't act, but guess what? Scum can't kill. Benefit outweigh loss.

@MagnaofIllusion - Would you consider the players who are strongly pushing the idea that Tammy is part of a scum faction instead of an SK scummy?

In post 2157, Kise wrote:THOSE KEEPING TAMMY ALIVE: Who would you have her shoot tomorrow? Cast your votes now.

Why? I'd rather adjust my reads after a non-Tammy flip.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2143, pidgey wrote:Also you dont even know if scum or sk have tricks off their sleave like some sort of extra kill, poisoning, etc. So really your ideology of this game is just outstandingly incredibly bad if you somehownare not scum.

Boy, what if lynching Tamy makes town auto-lose. Playing the hypothetical game gets you nowhere.

In post 2151, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Still waiting for a single person to actually show outcomes in non-Vanilla Double Day games are better for Town than the average non-Vanilla game. Imagine I am going to be waiting a long, long time and will be seeing more derp like this.

MagnaofIllusion wants to play follow-the-cop instead of scum-hunting?

Yes, double day makes it so town powers can't act, but guess what? Scum can't kill. Benefit outweigh loss.

@MagnaofIllusion - Would you consider the players who are strongly pushing the idea that Tammy is part of a scum faction instead of an SK scummy?

Why? I'd rather adjust my reads after a non-Tammy flip.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Yates »

In fairness, a non-Vanilla Double Day game likely doesn't exist since Double Day is
STRONGLY
in Town's favor.

Even in the game you posted where ThAd was a Vig, he wasn't a Town controlled shot. That's why I keep saying I feel like we are in a unique position here.

Again, the point about not having Town night actions is valid and noted. Then again, in Double Day Town doesn't have a night action either. So, essentially, you kind of have the best of both worlds here. For the Vig shot and wagon analysis we don't have a Town night action for potential results, granted. The plus side to that, of course, is we also don't have a Town PR getting killed by a scum night action. So when we actually lynch, then we have both Town and Scum actions taking place as normal - hopefully with Town gaining the advantage of TWO wagon analyses to better inform their night action.

As to the concern about WHEN to kill her? How about three shots that hit Town? That's how long ThAd lasted in the game you referenced and he actually WAS a Town Vig. She has hit one already so she's down to two more strikes. And remember, we would be holding HER responsible for OUR collective decision. I would obviously listen to a logical reason why that number should be higher or lower but two seems fair in a game this size.

Most of us are and have placed our votes. That's why Pidgey is in a
foul
mood [<- see what I did there?]

In post 2159, MagnaofIllusion wrote:If Tammy flips Alt-Scum then I would be looking right at one of Jason / Yates as partners.

Yeah. I've been defending her pretty hard core - which goes against my typical play - so I would expect as much.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2162, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2151, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So you unvoted a Cop Guilty that you aren’t disputing because it may put you on Evens. In a Large Theme game with 18 players left. When possible protections may over the course of the many days to come mess with the numbers? Nope.jpg. Add in that you seem to explicitly know that only 1 Scum Nightkill exists (since your assessment is driven by that as a fact) and I think the obvious result is scum.

This. IIRC Mykonian, didn't you compare this to a 6p lylo scenario >.>. This is not an even remotely compelling reason to hop off Tammy and now you are prancing around as if you wanted Tammy alive the whole time...all because of this?

I've been on and off the wagon for a couple of times already now. That kind of suggest I'm a bit ambivalent on the whole debate.

So yeah, that quite does it.

In post 2161, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 2158, mykonian wrote:That's two years ago, I don't remember my games that well, I fear. And since there isn't actually a downside, I see no reason that you wouldn't let tammy kill. Unless you are worried you get shot, naturally. In that case it's perfectly safe to take your approach "you ALWAYS lynch a cop guilty, don't think, just do it."

Look at this response. Look carefully at it.
I'll translate for those who don't speak scum -

1. Ooops, got caught with my hand in the cookie jar in my offhanded smear effort that backfired. Lulz, just laugh it off.
2. I'll just continue to assert there is no downside and pretend that just handwaves away the many already brought up downsides (shortening the game, allowing SK / Mafia Tammy to go rogue later, no viable argument for why you don't lynch 100% scum, lack of viable proof that Double Days in non Vanilla actually benefit Town, that the 'numbers argument' isn't pure crap).

3. Ignores me, his scum read, calling him scum and doesn't address the fact he is posting towards me as Town not scum (Cognitive Dissonance ho!).
4. Oh, he's worried about being shot fluff mudslinging.

You should have known better than to wake the Dragon Myk. Now I'm going to have your scummy neck in hemp tomorrow ASAP!

Pretty sure I asked for a single shot. Stop strawmanning MoI.

But I'm pretty comfortable with this whole situation. There's always that moment where scum replaces in where they have trouble to get a feel for the game. So people make PBPA's, go with theory analysis, or they pick a target. MoI had tammy as a nice first choice, but since I so gracefully offered to be a target, he accepted. Waking the dragon MoI? Sure thing, I've been in this position before. Has to do with playstyle, there's always something to find in my voting pattern.

Anyway, for who do not see what waking the dragon means: last couple of posts MoI just ensures he discredits every single point I made and makes it look scum. Even if you don't care about us,
there isn't a single scum who makes 5 scumpoints in every single post
. Meaning what MoI is doing isn't scumhunting, he's trying to get people on a bandwagon, arguing for a lynch by showing an overwhelming amount of information that I'm scum. That that happens with strawmans is no problem. Honesty isn't the goal. This dragon isn't there to play nice, he's there to argue people to death.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:04 am

Post by mykonian »

oh, btw, who can spot Mastins towntell in post 2142?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 am

Post by mastin2 »

Update, reaffirming that AP's town.
IaI looked town, AP's play has been town, his play is consistent with what I've seen of him as town, and coming to his senses on the Tammy wagon makes him town.

AP wrote:VOTE: WrathChild
CAN WE AT LEAST DO THIS OVER PIDGEY. WC IS CLEARLY SCUM FFS.
I'm ready and willing. Also can go for MoI today.

This is not a town-MoI. The reason why is simple motive. He's not done much, but he's done exactly what scuMoI would--protect scumbuddies (Aco in particular) and push a mislynch. (Screw it, I'm calling Tammy a mislynch even though she technically isn't, since for all intensive purposes, an SK lynch counts as a mislynch, since
it's not a scum lynch
, and the mafia KNOW it's not lynching one of their own.) He's hoping to coast through the day, coasting through a lynch, so that he can get into night and coordinate with his scumbuddies while catching up, since right now, he replaced in under pressure.

As did WC, with much the same results. His entrance, in fact, is tantamount to a scumclaim, as he said, "please don't lynch me yet", and tried to wiggle his way out of his own lynch. (As it turned out, there wasn't a threat of a lynch, but he THOUGHT there was.)

Also, myk's town thanks to MoI's push against him.

WC wrote:why does Mastin feel like he's obv-town?
Because I am. :P
I'm not pushing the Tammy mislynch; I'm pushing for an actually informative lynch. Preferably on scum, which Tammy is not.
A while back, pidgey asked me if I was threatening those on the wagon. My answer is that it wasn't a threat--it was a promise. MoI, Aco, Kise, and right now, WC are my choices for the scum. All are on the wagon, all continue to push it beyond reason. Pidgey's at a close fifth for much the same. (Ben's town, and snifit's the other. Snifit's not in my list of suspects thanks to interactions with Kise, but it is possible.)

I've shown pretty clearly why each of them are scum, or scum candidates. Interactions match up, scum motive match up, scum mindset matches up, general playstyle this game matches up. The scumteam's there.
My academy.
Agnigi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:08 am

KK wrote:

Well to this point that is exactly what you (and everyone else) who is proposing leashing Tammy is doing since it is, as far as I can see, 100% opinion that DoubleDay style play is superior in a non-Vanilla environment. Again … feel free to prove me wrong on that.

KK wrote: MagnaofIllusion wants to play follow-the-cop instead of scum-hunting?

What a
nice
interesting
unique take.

1. I’ve already mined out Scumykonian so pretending I’m not wanting to scum-hunt is just plain wrong.
2. You keep playing this balancing act where you are trying to assert it is scummy to want to lynch on a Cop Guilty while asserting that you believe Benmage is Town and believe his results. Frankly I don’t quite get that but … heck … I didn’t get your strong defense of scum in Scummies 2012 either.

KK wrote: Yes, double day makes it so town powers can't act, but guess what? Scum can't kill. Benefit outweigh loss.

Passing over the obvious relational tells benefits of an extended game? Why is that? Ignoring my direct example where the Serial Killer being effective nullified all game long made it too difficult for scum to win? Why is that?

KK wrote: @MagnaofIllusion - Would you consider the players who are strongly pushing the idea that Tammy is part of a scum faction instead of an SK scummy?

Would I consider them what? For lynching? For a book club?

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2170, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. I’ve already mined out Scumykonian so pretending I’m not wanting to scum-hunt is just plain wrong.
2. You keep playing this balancing act where you are trying to assert it is scummy to want to lynch on a Cop Guilty while asserting that you believe Benmage is Town and believe his results. Frankly I don’t quite get that but … heck …
I didn’t get your strong defense of scum in Scummies 2012 either.

And there's the same bullshit you pulled with benmage as well. So, uhm, who else do you think is stupid/pulls pointless stunts so we can get that out of the way right now? Or are you going to do such a thing each time someone says something useful?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

I can sum up MoI's play in a single sentence. Heck, with a single word when boiled down:
Discrediting.

MoI isn't hunting for scum. He's trying to discredit players. Not to lynch scum, not to look for who's scum on or off the Tammy wagon, not trying to catch up and make sense of the game. He's specifically trying to discredit players, to make people doubt their status as town.
It's the same thing WC's doing.
It's the same thing Kise is doing.
Heck, it's the same thing Aco's doing.

Anyone up for a flashwagon on MoI?
My academy.
Agnigi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2150, pidgey wrote:Lol this counterwagon stinks so much of scum.

Its easy guys just crossreference whonjumped out of tammy wagon into mine AND whomvoted for the first town lynch youll get around 3 names, 2 of them will be scum. Im ok with my lynch since this day sucks anyway its just people slapping each other with their little hands talking about what to do with tammy. A lynch is needednandit it has to be obvious town me then what da yah know. Just please
1. Kill myk tomorrow tammy
2. Lynch tammy tomorrow people
3. Readmmymfucking reads especially check that crossreference im talking about.

"he rages too much" says jason who has modded two games ive raged like 10x time whatni have in this game. Prob scum, now that i remember that.

G G.

Pedit: go and fuck yourself mastin, read my fucking iso and then check jason. Call me scum if you want, jut not useless. Idiot.

Get useful then. I want to have some justification for the buddying tell I'm currently using to vote MoI. Kinda needs you to be town etc.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 am

Post by pidgey »

Anyway, for who do not see what waking the dragon means: last couple of posts MoI just ensures he discredits every single point I made and makes it look scum. Even if you don't care about us, there isn't a single scum who makes 5 scumpoints in every single post. Meaning what MoI is doing isn't scumhunting, he's trying to get people on a bandwagon, arguing for a lynch by showing an overwhelming amount of information that I'm scum. That that happens with strawmans is no problem. Honesty isn't the goal. This dragon isn't there to play nice, he's there to argue people to death.

Isnt this like, exactly what you are doing to me? "LOL you thought i was talking to you but it was a sentence for KK? SCUMMMM!" "AHA YOU RAGED, SCUM!"

Can someone please tell me your JASON read? The vote he casted on me is incredibly, stupidly bad, and here is why. He says I rage a lot, yet he MODDED the following games I played in:
DC universe Mafia (Check my fights with lynchmeplz lol)
WWF Attitude 2.0 (A quick glance at my iso will tell you that when i rage, i rage)
It's incredibly stupid, i had a null read on him but his reasoning for voting for me is incredibly bad.

MoI i really don't think i have a rep of being a low player but yes this game apperantly people want to lynch me because Amrun sucked initially. Myk is scum though, i agree with that.

Mastin if im your fifth scum choice why the flying fuck are you voting me.
-----------------
Sup

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”