Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:35 am

Post by absta101 »

Hahahahahahaohyoufunny--answer the question.
I'm quite sure i've been talking to the others as well but you're my main target for now. What of it?
You're not?
Answer my question.
Well, it's not for you, anyways. But what I wanted should be obvious.
I'm not going to answer my question for you.
Who was it for and what message did you try to get across?
all of it?
Are you asking me or telling me?
---
JesseSheffield wrote:Thor: Then no one's going to get anywhere. And I already said I'm leaning scum with Voided in post 206.
Vote Voided. He's being mega scummy.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 250, absta101 wrote:
Hahahahahahaohyoufunny--answer the question.
I'm quite sure i've been talking to the others as well but you're my main target for now. What of it?

How is that even related to this?

You only got to my 5th ISO (which wasn't the most recent at the time). I'm asking if you only just responded to me without reading anything else.

You're not?
Answer my question.

That did?

Well, it's not for you, anyways. But what I wanted should be obvious.
I'm not going to answer my question for you.
Who was it for and what message did you try to get across?

Well, lesse. I'm me and I know what I want.
I just said it wasn't for you.
That leaves...everyone else?

As for the message, well, I sitll think it's obvious when you look back at what I said in post 60.

all of it?
Are you asking me or telling me?

Well, what do you think? Why would I ask you if i'm right?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Sun 25 Nov, 00:05 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-11-25 00:05:00)
)
With 10 alive it is 6 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:33 am

Post by JesseSheffield »

Alright well, I'm down for a Voided lynch. I think Voided by far comes out looking the worst in the Voided/absta back and forth and its seriously bogging. I can't discern anything useful, or reasonable, that's coming out of that argument.

Vote: Voidedmafia
And who's going to stop me...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Jesse - You should vote him then - then someone will be getting somewhere.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

New page answers prayers - thanks new page!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 240, Sixty wrote:
Soul 229 wrote:Lastly other main point on sixty is do you follow their reason for voting absta (which they said didn't really reveal much reaction wise and I'd expect more there).
Oh
do tell
. Go on. See what we did, and what we got, and show us the wonderful secrets we've been hiding. Preferably without lying.

I believe I already responded to this.

In post 242, Thor665 wrote:Oh you

Though, question, and I apologize ahead of time. But have we ever played a game together?
Are we sharing names of alts, or not so much?

Stalker power. I've read some of your games where you were an IC, later part of Experimental role mafia and political something mafia. Reverse mafia already mentioned, a micro where you hydra'd with majiffy and likely some others I don't remember.

"Soul: Can you give an updated reads list?"

Town: Piggy = Absta > Ceru > Jesse > Equinox
Neutral: Thor (honestly town lean but I just feel paranoid on him until later game) and N
Scum: Sixty > Voided

OS should be done with v/la now so he should be talking to more later though read wise.

While I accept the voided wagon I still would rather have the sixty one. Summarizing tammy:

Piggy. Piggy interactions. Continuing from a case that feels misdirected at best and scum at worst after being attacked they've focused primarily on just defending when both can be done. They've clarified parts of the argument on piggy, but have they really continued to push their big scum read? The answer is no.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Thor, Tammy's out all day today, so unfortunately we haven't been able to get together and mull over your question but we will as soon as she comes back.

Anyway, regarding Voided, it's no secret we've had a scumread on him for a while now as I believe Tammy mentioned earlier. Rereading his ISO, this post stood out for me the most. He basically tries to cast his net wide, shedding suspicion on a number of people while taking no actual affirmative stance on anything. It's something I've seen scum do relatively often to give their reads an air of legitimacy while at the same time opportunistically opening themselves up to the possibility of jumping on any one of a number of wagons (hey Vi and Tierce, remember this post?). Might definitely want to consider moving our vote there.

#82 is kind of shitty too as it reads like he's really reaching for reasons to FoS Piggy.

~Empire.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by Cerulean »

EBWOP: Should be #88 there, not 82, sorry.

~Empire.
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by Sixty »

Thor 242 wrote:Since I had to stop and think about who you'd even push on - I actually think this is a good idea. Maybe you should shout out a top two scum reads? That would be sexy.
~bow chicka bow wow~

The truth is, at this point this puppyhalf wants to kill literally half the game. Indiscriminately. Devil take them all. And after said puppyhalf calms down a little, said puppyhalf
still
wants to fire blindly into the crowd of {Cerulean, absta, JesseShef, Soul, PiggyGal} just so that we can get somewhere and/or silence someone. Not that you couldn’t have figured that out from how these are the people the puppy is questioning/
RAGE
ing at.

Simply put,
PiggyGal 161 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jesse
That post was just... horrid. Really really horrid. So there's 7 pages now, and all you're doing is reiterating what's already been said, just phrased slightly differently?
Love how you bring up me talking about RVS out of RVS almost double the posts later - while we've been out of RVS for quite some time. Very very interesting indeed.

That whole post looks like you're trying to be active while not really doing anything at all.

p-edit - the fact that you're still not saying what's worth noting in that quote just makes me all the more sure you just posted that to make yourself look busy and active.
Penn Jillette disapproves of this post, to say nothing of the "joke" turnaround.

JesseShef 232 wrote:Thor: What I didn’t see from absta is a hit of logic in "oh here, I can attack this or go with this and make it look credible". I just see a complete lack of inspiration for taking a solid direction. To me, that looks like he doesn’t know anyone’s alignment and is in general lost.
This is not actually garbage but something this
troper
puppyhalf disagrees with. Take him off the list.

absta 148 wrote:This is also a nicer way of saying "we were trying to misslynch absta".

Assuming you were scumhunting. Why would scum move from Piggy to absta? What made you suspect scum were on Piggy's waggon?
What do the results of your 'investigation' tell you?
This is epic defamation with no resolution on his side and yet quite possibly more Townish than any of his posts since.

The other puppyhalf disagrees about absta. We've talked it over and this puppyhalf maintains etc..

Cerulean 193 wrote:This post owns.
This post is partisan b.s.. Cerulean are encouraging Piggy to vote Jesse, while voting us and opening the possibility of voting Voidedmafia themselves. While vote-hopping isn't scummy, we know that Empire, at least, .

Soul 256 wrote:I believe I already responded to this.
And this is factually incorrect and at the recent forefront of a steady stream of terrible attempts to push on this slot.

Of the five, Soul frankly smurfs this puppyhalf off most.

Unvote: PiggyGal15
Vote: Soul2277
(L-5)

-----

JesseShef 234 wrote:Sixty: If you honestly think Cerulean is town, can you explain why? I did so about the player you’re voting for...
Cerulean's Townread came from the similarity in behavior between here and elsewhere re: Tammy. It's how Tammy scumhunts - needling players she is not familiar with for reactions. However, we still believe she is needlessly hamming it up, instead of directing it toward those she actually seems to suspect or doing something with the results. It seems belligerence for its own sake, and we know she can play the part as scum.
Tammulean has a scumread on Jesse from his first post, yet says we were not looking for motivations when we voted for Piggy. If she finds it Townish for Piggy (and themselves) to have a scumread and vote Jesse on his third post, why is considered premature?

(Some hijacking of this post may have been done in preproduction.)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Sixty you're really barking the wrong place. Let's quote where I responded to that (since I basically got asked the same thing twice). Arguing something that's fairly objective and easy to show wrong. Skimming too much?

In post 236, Sixty wrote:Soul2277 229 wrote:
Lastly other main point on sixty is do you follow their reason for voting absta (which they said didn't really reveal much reaction wise and I'd expect more there).
We answered this already:

In post 238, Soul2277 wrote:And sixty I didn't say you haven't responded to it. I was asking voided what he thought of the actual response.

In post 240, Sixty wrote:Soul - People making cases in good faith don't normally ignore the truth when it compromises their comfortable reality.

Soul 229 wrote:
Lastly other main point on sixty is do you follow their reason for voting absta (which they said didn't really reveal much reaction wise and I'd expect more there).
Oh do tell. Go on. See what we did, and what we got, and show us the wonderful secrets we've been hiding. Preferably without lying.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Erm, Tammy calls a Voided/you/Equinox scumteam #108. Equinox posts her reads list in #112 that reminded us of Micro 53 and makes us realize she might be town here. Jesse comes in during post #155 and posts what we believe to be a really bad and scummy post. So now the scum team has become Voided/you/Jesse at that point in the game. I don't really see the problem in her pushing all three of those lynches.

PS: Vi, you're doing it again now.

~Empire.
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Sixty »

Soul 260 wrote:Lastly other main point on sixty is do you follow their reason for voting absta (which they said didn't really reveal much reaction wise and I'd expect more there).
We're looking for
your
response, dahling.

Cerulean 261 wrote:PS: Vi, you're doing it again now.
Difference in motivation. However, seeing that link coming from you compels this puppyhalf to provide this.

We need to etc.
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Well, you're talking to someone who once read through and linked to 5 of someone's games to get mafia lynched. So yeah.

Be assured, this storm is coming for you too.

~Empire.
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Sixty »

That's interesting. Why haven't you been here the whole time?
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Except that's not what that comment was for. Anyways you voted absta and responded with this later:

"1) A chance to look active and push a counterwagon for <reason to be read into>.
2) Answering your question as posed, sheer probability suggests itself. Disregarding what specifically you asked, we wanted to see who would jump and why, not specifically drain votes from PiggyGal."

Response for 3 was:

"3) The mod PMd us with a Guilty, but we might be Insane, so etc. Looking at the thread, it more or less didn't get acknowledged - Thor didn't say a word, Voidedmafia and PiggyGal mentioned absta but didn't do anything, Cerulean didn't try to tubthump on the wagon, thus frankly as far as reactions go nothing happened."

Focusing on the end part you're result was just lack of reaction and stopped there. If you're going to push another wagon to see responses and then not analyze the meaning of lack of response (or just say what that actually meant for him) then yes it looks fake.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Who says I haven't been here?

Besides, looking through 2 players' worth of meta is taking a lot of time (this is at least 10 games total), especially when they are both prolific posters. Be patient.

~Empire.
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Post by Sixty »

Soul 265 wrote:Focusing on the end part you're result was just lack of reaction and stopped there. If you're going to push another wagon to see responses and then not analyze the meaning of lack of response (or just say what that actually meant for him) then yes it looks fake.
Then do better. Please draw some (plausible, useful) conclusion from it.

Cerulean 266 wrote:Who says I haven't been here?
This puppyhalf does. Post 263 is easily the most interesting thing your slot has posted all game, and your slot has posted a lot of things this puppyhalf hasn't been interested in.

This puppyhalf would suggest not wasting your time, but aside from you not being likely to listen your conclusion should be morbidly fascinating.
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Multiple people mention him as scummy but not enough to swap over and only really do so when piggy is out. Conclusion -> Trusted more then piggy, but at the same time the general paranoia is a weak town tell considering I'd think someone would defend him more earlier if he was scum.

That's one conclusion. You can reason out others, but point is lack of really analyzing something you were checking yourself is scummy. I think you're a good enough player to be able to take lack of much reactions and still draw some opinions from it.

~Mehdi
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 259, Sixty wrote:Cerulean's Townread came from the similarity in behavior between here and elsewhere re: Tammy. It's how Tammy scumhunts - needling players she is not familiar with for reactions. However, we still believe she is needlessly hamming it up, instead of directing it toward those she actually seems to suspect or doing something with the results. It seems belligerence for its own sake, and we know she can play the part as scum.

If that's the case (and this could be opened up to anyone who can answer) is Tammy familiar with Thor?

In post 261, Cerulean wrote:Jesse comes in during post #155 and posts what we believe to be a really bad and scummy post.

(With no discernible/rational/reasonable explanation as to why)
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Ok Jesse, here's why your #155 sucked ass. Your question regarding Voided was terrible and it seemed like you were cherry picking only a single statement and ignoring the rest of his comments. The Piggy point, at the time, just seemed like a parroting of what Sixty had said earlier. Mentioning that you were "noting" Equinox's one statement publicly was completely superfluous. Your question towards us was also bad -- there was nothing to be said regarding Equinox's answer. We got the answer and that was it. It read to us at the time like you were also looking to create a phantom link between our slot and Equinox, which you ended up actually doing in #167.

However, there are certain comments you've made throughout the game that seem pretty genuine. Your paranoia regarding Thor in #210 and the constant frustration you've had against my other head seem real, especially context with your stances regarding the more calm/logical players in posts like #206 and the aforementioned #210.

Is that satisfactory?

(By the bye, way to ignore the thrust of the post you're quoting.)

~Empire.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

Awww yay now see if that had just happened four pages ago the majority of the filth lately wouldn't have been necessary and we all could have just skipped along to being one step closer to lynching scum. Okay I'm done being difficult now.

A lot of that seems fair to me. I don't think noting something publicly is at all a bad thing. Its good if something happens later in the game and you can make the connection from before instead of it just seeming like you made it up to fit your point. I like long-term and short-term game play. I can at least understand you cherry picking and parroting points though. I can also understand why someone would make a Voided/Sixty/Jesse connection but I didn't really feel like promoting that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 269, JesseSheffield wrote:If that's the case (and this could be opened up to anyone who can answer) is Tammy familiar with Thor?

We were in Experimental Mafia together - wouldn't surprise me if there were others, I seem to have very bad recollection of most players in older games.

Cerulean is still obv. town for that Piggy meta discussion though.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 253, JesseSheffield wrote:Alright well, I'm down for a Voided lynch. I think Voided by far comes out looking the worst in the Voided/absta back and forth and its seriously bogging. I can't discern anything useful, or reasonable, that's coming out of that argument.

Vote: Voidedmafia

Meh. I get short and sarcastic when people seem to start asking stupid questions. Two points are things he could find if he went back to where they originated from as they're fairly clear on what I'm talking about. The others are mainly him asking stupid/silly questions like he's acting like he doesn't understand what I'm saying or is intentionally misreading what I'm saying. Now, maybe my sarcasm has gotten in the way of actual answers, but if you can't figure out my points then please say so.

In post 257, Cerulean wrote:Thor, Tammy's out all day today, so unfortunately we haven't been able to get together and mull over your question but we will as soon as she comes back.

Anyway, regarding Voided, it's no secret we've had a scumread on him for a while now as I believe Tammy mentioned earlier. Rereading his ISO, this post stood out for me the most. He basically tries to cast his net wide, shedding suspicion on a number of people while taking no actual affirmative stance on anything.

I only list 3 scumreads out of 6 people? How is that "casting a wide net?"

Also, I did take affirmative stances on Jesse, Piggy, and Absta, considering I called solid reads on all three of them (town for Jesse, scum for the latter two) and gave reasoning for at least two of those. If that isn't enough please enlighten me as to what I'm missing.

#82 is kind of shitty too as it reads like he's really reaching for reasons to FoS Piggy.

How am I reaching? I just reiterated a point I made (that she had done little-to-no wagon analysis, and what was there was shitty as hell). THe only other point that's actually made is that that point spurred her to post, but I wasn't even trying to use that against her because I didn't think it was likely.

What else do you see that I don't?

In post 267, Sixty wrote:
Soul 265 wrote:This puppyhalf does. Post 263 is easily the most interesting thing your slot has posted all game, and your slot has posted a lot of things this puppyhalf hasn't been interested in.

And how exactly is "interesting" supposed to be taken? Just looking at it on the surface makes me think it implies that 263 is the only post you've actually cared to look atin detail.

In post 266, Cerulean wrote:
Besides, looking through 2 players' worth of meta is taking a lot of time (this is at least 10 games total), especially when they are both prolific posters. Be patient.

Who, exactly, are these two players?

In post 268, Soul2277 wrote:Multiple people mention him as scummy but not enough to swap over and only really do so when piggy is out. Conclusion -> Trusted more then piggy

For me, I wouldn't call it "trusted more." It was more like what Absta had done was both stupid and scummy and gave me a scumread on him, but as far as reasons go it didn't match up to what I was sustaining my Piggy vote for. If Absta had been (would be?) more active and had been better at explaining things I wouldn't have found it to be much of a problem.

(I just realized 5 mins. after starting this reply that I basically said the same thing as the quote, but w/e.)
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

So did repeating the quote in your own words affect your opinion on sixty? It kind of shows that you can definitely analyze lack of response so the idea that you can't really do anything doesn't work at all.

Guessing the two players are tierce and vi.

~Mehdi

Return to “Completed Open Games”