Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

Post by mastin2 »

MoI's first post--discrediting Benmage and Tammy.
Second post--discrediting Benmage, Tammy, and now Khan, throwing in a weak distance to Kise.
Fourth post--discrediting Khan and Elscouta, more distancing to Kise, and invoking faulty logic with regards to the kill. (It's been explained multiple times why lynch/lynch/kill is better than lynch/kill/lynch/kill for numbers.)
Fifth post--discrediting Khan and Benmage, voting Tammy as I predicted for that slot to do.
Sixth post--discrediting Yates. Carries through to the seventh post as well.
Ninth post--defends Aco, attacks Nero in an OMGUS, and--of course--discredits Khan and Tammy.
Tenth post--rolefishing, discrediting of Tammy, weak attack to Nero, all in one neat little package.
Twelfth post--discrediting Myk, myself, Tammy, and Khan, all in one.
Thirteenth post--an OMGUS discrediting of myk. Again, MoI's "suspects" are made up entirely of people throwing suspicion his way--Nero, myk, and myself to name a few.
The first thing he does which even remotely approaches scumhunting isn't until his fourteenth post.
Fourteen. Posts. for MoI to give anything resembling content. Everything before then was, as demonstrated above, just discrediting and OMGUS'ing. Even then, it's mainly discrediting again, this time aimed at everyone on the pidgey wagon along with more discrediting of myk.
Post sixteen contains a defense of WC as well.
Seventeen is discrediting Khan, eighteen discrediting me, Yates, and myk.
Nineteen is Khan, and twenty is a failed attempt at me.
21 is further attempts to discredit me, shows hypocrisy (repetition), and furthermore, shows how he's addressing someone he knows to be town, which is immediately contradicted by his posts saying he thinks I'm scum with myk. (Yeah, right. I would
totally
band together with my scumbuddy to hardcore attack a player like MoI. :roll: )
22 and 23 again show attempts to discredit me, while simultaneously trying to call me scum yet addressing me as town.

And as a final nail in the coffin, 24 is addressing myk as town, despite him calling myk scum.

Like I said. MoI has done nothing but discredit and OMGUS players since his entrance. This is
not
scumhunting, and if a player not showing interest in lynching Tammy asks, I can explain each post in more detail.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2222, mastin2 wrote:add in MoI's defense of Aco to solidify it, add in Aco's general play, add in Kise's defense of both of these slots, and you can't get much more obvious than this.

Where did I defend zoro/moi?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Kise »

zor/moi + aco***

??

Yet…
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 242, Kise wrote:@aco - does it say only night actions used against you?
p.edit: fck you daykiller for confirming day actions. But please, answer Aco.

Hmm...zabriel, melmond, Zor, KK & Tammy are on my list.
or is almost outside
, leaning null. As I kept reading, he becomes more interactive, less idle than when I first had bad feelings about him.
Might I add, calling out Khan yet not Aco is inconsistent for Kise.
In post 299, Kise wrote:
In post 295, Zoroaster wrote:
Acosmith wrote:I am a FOXDIE carrier.
Can you confirm/deny that FOXDIE can be a target of any person or is it safe to assume that if you have FOXDIE in the games, you'll have them here?

Yeah I didn't know if I should say anything, but in the MGS games, FOXDIE killed people with nanomachines in their bodies, so it feels like an idea for PGO that would be MGS theme exclusive. Outguessing the mod(s) may be healthy after all. I trust Faraday's knowledge of the MGS games.
Defend's Aco's flavor. And quite frankly, I don't buy that Kise looked it up for the game. I think it was discussed in the scum QT and/or given in the scum PMs.
In post 311, Kise wrote:Other minimalists/lurkers are Shah, Amrun, Zoro and Cyber... for some reason Cyber isn't looking suspect to me, but it seems like he should. Bigger fish to fry? Maybe that's why. He's not saying anything to move the game forward. I got no feelings for Shah. Zor is taking it easy. Consolidating my scumlist to a reasonable number, I'ma say KK, IAI, snif and Zor/Cyber.
I think BC's done good with highlighting the potential "there's 2 mafias" slip, but my GUT says to put zab on the scummy-leaning-null side.
though not a defense of Zoro, he keeps him out of the serious suspect list.
In post 457, Kise wrote:Aco is trolling the fuck out of you guys and I LOVE IT.
Not defense, but this, again, reads as cheeky scum.
In post 1084, Kise wrote:
In post 1068, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'd like Kise to explain his reason for posting this.

Back then, I didn't want to let Aco go conftown off claim alone so I had to be on his ass like white on rice. Did some research on FOXDIE and found out the above info. When Zoro asked something videogame/flavor specific about how FOXDIE should really work with Aco's role, I corroborated a similar thing I noticed from my research.
Again, this reasoning seems pretty BS, and doesn't seem to match the above.
In post 1387, Kise wrote:
In post 1132, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1095, Kise wrote:LOL... best you got? I fail to see what I lied about. Did I say I've always brought up how stung I was in all our games? You do know the whole reason for me bringing that up is because you called jason town, without consideration that he may be pulling a similar stunt as you, which is what you're acclaimed for? As far as I know, you're the first person to dupe town by fakeclaiming miller. No one really doubted D1 miller claims until after you got away with the fakeclaim and won. You're something like a celebrity. Your act isn't something easily forgotten. So, yes, I brought it up only after you acted as if jason could not be playing any tricks, because I know you're not new when it comes to trickery.

Except it's not similar in any way. If anything Acosmist's claim is the most similar to what I did and no, I'm not giving him any clearance for it.

Keep in mind, you didn't just say "Khan is suspicious", you called me the shadiest person in the game. You still haven't attributed any scum motivations to my actions, you just insisted that I should be a lot more paranoid. Well, there's scum motivation in boosting paranoia and poking holes in other's scumreads. Especially townreads of people of people you don't believe to be scum.

Got nothing to do with Aco.
Note also--Kise pushes Tammy over Aco when Aco was a counterwagon.
Note further--Kise has dropped Zoro entirely from the suspect list, despite the above showing no reason for it.

He's called Khan scum, and might be calling me scum, and has called snifit scum, but he should have another name in there--yet nothing, other than maybe an attack on Jason who we know is town.
My academy.
Agnigi
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Yates »

In post 2222, mastin2 wrote:Yates, your read on MoI would be much appreciated.

My read on MoI takes a bit to develop. I'd rather lynch him over Tammy, though. I still think the Acosmist lynch is the best play with so many disparate non-Tammy wagons. You guys should jump over here and deal with the "PGO."
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Elscouta »

No time to read the MoI case right now. You can most likely count me on the wagon though, unless i see something blatantly wrong in the case.
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Blatantly wrong things in the MoI case:
Assertion that MoI is smearing people and discrediting them: subjective, false.
Assertion that MoI is scum for voting Tammy: false.
Assertion that MoI is not playing to his town meta: Meta is bullshit, false.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2228, mastin2 wrote:
In post 242, Kise wrote:@aco - does it say only night actions used against you?
p.edit: fck you daykiller for confirming day actions. But please, answer Aco.

Hmm...zabriel, melmond, Zor, KK & Tammy are on my list.
or is almost outside
, leaning null. As I kept reading, he becomes more interactive, less idle than when I first had bad feelings about him.
Might I add, calling out Khan yet not Aco is inconsistent for Kise.

Why would I call out Aco?

In post 299, Kise wrote:
In post 295, Zoroaster wrote:
Acosmith wrote:I am a FOXDIE carrier.
Can you confirm/deny that FOXDIE can be a target of any person or is it safe to assume that if you have FOXDIE in the games, you'll have them here?

Yeah I didn't know if I should say anything, but in the MGS games, FOXDIE killed people with nanomachines in their bodies, so it feels like an idea for PGO that would be MGS theme exclusive. Outguessing the mod(s) may be healthy after all. I trust Faraday's knowledge of the MGS games.
Defend's Aco's flavor. And quite frankly, I don't buy that Kise looked it up for the game. I think it was discussed in the scum QT and/or given in the scum PMs.

That wasn't a defense. That was me being skeptical and not understanding how FOXDIE would work for MGS AND Harry Potter since FOXDIE is suppose to kill people with certain nanomachines in their bodies. In other words, why would Harry Potter characters have nanomachines :?: (I said "an idea for PGO that would be MGS theme
exclusive
")

In post 311, Kise wrote:Other minimalists/lurkers are Shah, Amrun, Zoro and Cyber... for some reason Cyber isn't looking suspect to me, but it seems like he should. Bigger fish to fry? Maybe that's why. He's not saying anything to move the game forward. I got no feelings for Shah. Zor is taking it easy. Consolidating my scumlist to a reasonable number, I'ma say KK, IAI, snif and Zor/Cyber.
I think BC's done good with highlighting the potential "there's 2 mafias" slip, but my GUT says to put zab on the scummy-leaning-null side.
though not a defense of Zoro, he keeps him out of the serious suspect list.

Zor/Cyber. You replaced Cyber. What's that say?

In post 457, Kise wrote:Aco is trolling the fuck out of you guys and I LOVE IT.
Not defense, but this, again, reads as cheeky scum.

Not scum. My eyes are open, is all.

In post 1084, Kise wrote:
In post 1068, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'd like Kise to explain his reason for posting this.

Back then, I didn't want to let Aco go conftown off claim alone so I had to be on his ass like white on rice. Did some research on FOXDIE and found out the above info. When Zoro asked something videogame/flavor specific about how FOXDIE should really work with Aco's role, I corroborated a similar thing I noticed from my research.
Again, this reasoning seems pretty BS, and doesn't seem to match the above.

It doesn't match the above because you confused my take on it. But now that you mention it, I see Aco didn't respond to what Zor and me had to say...it's whatever tho.

In post 1387, Kise wrote:
In post 1132, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1095, Kise wrote:LOL... best you got? I fail to see what I lied about. Did I say I've always brought up how stung I was in all our games? You do know the whole reason for me bringing that up is because you called jason town, without consideration that he may be pulling a similar stunt as you, which is what you're acclaimed for? As far as I know, you're the first person to dupe town by fakeclaiming miller. No one really doubted D1 miller claims until after you got away with the fakeclaim and won. You're something like a celebrity. Your act isn't something easily forgotten. So, yes, I brought it up only after you acted as if jason could not be playing any tricks, because I know you're not new when it comes to trickery.

Except it's not similar in any way. If anything Acosmist's claim is the most similar to what I did and no, I'm not giving him any clearance for it.

Keep in mind, you didn't just say "Khan is suspicious", you called me the shadiest person in the game. You still haven't attributed any scum motivations to my actions, you just insisted that I should be a lot more paranoid. Well, there's scum motivation in boosting paranoia and poking holes in other's scumreads. Especially townreads of people of people you don't believe to be scum.

Got nothing to do with Aco.
Note also--Kise pushes Tammy over Aco when Aco was a counterwagon.

I want Tammy lynched. Don't want Aco dead. No reason for me to join a counterwagon when I don't want to lynch Aco. I've already mentioned before that he may be town's kill-oriented role since there's no vig.

In post 2228, mastin2 wrote:Note further--Kise has dropped Zoro entirely from the suspect list, despite the above showing no reason for it.

I also dropped Tammy from the list. I also dropped Melmond from the list. I also dropped zab from the list. Moral of the story is Kise doesn't tunnel?

In post 2228, mastin2 wrote:He's called Khan scum, and might be calling me scum, and has called snifit scum, but he should have another name in there--yet nothing, other than maybe an attack on Jason who we know is town.

Not calling you scum. You don't answer me when I ask things, and you seem loquacious for the sake of being loquacious. I'm not a fan of your quasimaniacal might-is-right attitude either. I'm trolling Jason because he's being an annoying gnat. Bumping heads with somebody doesn't mean I view them as scum. That's like the cousin of OMGUS. Nice try.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 am

Post by Kise »

So

-_-

If you initially suspected me for my interactions with Zor and Aco, this could have been squashed pages ago when I asked you 4-5 times why I was on your list. No offense but this is why I'm not fucking with you on a spiritual level. You say I defended two slots when I didn't, and after reviewing my iso quotes, you half-correct it by saying I didn't really defend zor.

I don't want to call you scum. Maybe maybe maybe I'd like to keep my scum list down to a reasonable number with reasonable reasons and I'm trying to nip shit in the bud to see why I can't get on track with others like yourself. As things are going, we don't agree on anything. Complete opposites.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Kise »

In post 1397, Kise wrote:
In post 1215, mastin2 wrote:That said, Benmage, is there a reason that you think Kie is town?

If you think he's town, why do you think his nice juicy 4 wagon seemlingl has no scum on it? Or do you have a suspect on the wagon?

Is there a reason you think I'm scum? And can you let it be known whether you've already given this reason?
Vote Khan

@everyone. why is he town? why am I scum? No gut bullshit.

In post 1493, Kise wrote:@AP, I wasn't following. I think me (and others) suspecting/theorizing that you were stalling the snifit wagon was a legit reason to pair you two, and that doesn't mean I copied someone else's interpretation of things. If everyone thinks water is transparent, it may be transparent after all. As for me being next on the train list...
there's still no word on what makes me scum to mastin.
Can't say I'm sweating it.

In post 1871, Kise wrote:
In post 1865, Kise wrote:I did, but not any more. It can get messy with so many people directing shots (we can't agree to lynch Tammy. how can we agree on who gets shot?). I haven't seen many trying to direct shots at their prime suspect (like me).

for instance, Mastin. Why not shoot me and deal with being wrong the same day? Where's your list of alternative scum if/once your suspects flip town? Why are you ignoring answering WHY you have people down as scum in the first place?

In post 1956, Kise wrote:
In post 1949, jasonT1981 wrote:I'm thinking more and more Kise really doesn't want to try in this game and should be lynched

Suspecting me is fine. What's unreasonable is for you to think there's anything else I need to say. Mastin has dodged several of my questions, but don't tunnel him, keep humping my leg.

In post 2157, Kise wrote:
In post 2153, mastin2 wrote:Who has been
actually scumhunting
and looking for
scum
rather than lynching someone we already know the flip of?

I see you say you scumhunt...but then I remember you don't have reasons for calling people scum

Count the times

Yet…
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 2116, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 2097, AngryPidgeon wrote:I dunno, I think KK and Mykonian are prob scum now.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Elscouta
Elscouta
Goon
Elscouta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Elscouta »

I'm not exactly sold on the MagnaOfIllusion case, but i want a lynch.
Unvote: pidgey, Vote: MagnaOfIllusion

In post 2157, Kise wrote:
THOSE KEEPING TAMMY ALIVE:
Who would you have her shoot tomorrow? Cast your votes now.

Anyone in the pool snifit / pidgey / Ascomist would have my full support. There are other decent possibilities i could get behind.

Strangely enough, it's the list of people i'd be ready to lynch now. Why would you think anyone would have different lists for people to lynch?
I'm town. Please lynch someone else.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:17 am

Post by Kise »

In post 2187, Kise wrote:1) Lessens the time deciding what to do tomorrow if Tammy lives past today
2) Shows whether a majority decision CAN be made in the first place without butting heads
3) The less time spent talking about who to shoot, the more time to analyze post-flip why people voted for so and so to be shot

No one is keeping count

Yet…
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Elo wrote: I'm not exactly sold on the MagnaOfIllusion case, but i want a lynch. Unvote: pidgey, Vote: MagnaOfIllusion

Anyone in the pool snifit / pidgey / Ascomist would have my full support. There are other decent possibilities i could get behind.

Interesting that instead of pushing for either of the candidates you full support (pidgey, Acos) you choose instead to basically sheep a case (which is a joke, BTW) aren’t ‘sold on’. Noted.

--

Mastin’s ‘case’ (and I use the term loosely here) in is quite funny and can be summed up as laughable as

1. It uses OMGUS as a scum-tell. And to make it more comical his premise is that I’m OMGUSING Mykonian when I vote and presented scummy play by him and Mykonian only actually said anything other than “You are scum” after I nailed him.
2. It’s buzzword bingo – look how often the word discredit appears. Then read my ISO – he’s labeling anything where I question someone as discrediting since it is buzzword with negative connotations.
3. He’s not interested in looking at motivations. For example he ‘dings’ me for OMGUSing Nero for post where I question why he calls me scum but isn’t voting me since his vote is idle. That’s very Pro-Town play and yet he tries to spin it as a scum-tell.
4. He’s again hoping that repeating things that aren’t even close to true (that I’m not scum-hunting, that I’m obv-Scum) is going to sway votes. Not Town-oriented behavior at all.

As a reminder – look at the timing of his attack. It comes right after I call out Mykonian for being scummy.

--

Now let’s put all the things I’ve pointed out about mykonian in one nice post so it is easy to reference.

Point 1
– treatment of the Tammy wagon

AngryP first brings this up but I want to revisit it clearly – mykonian’s play around the Tammy wagon doesn’t make any sense as being from a Town motivated perspective.

He first based on the Guilty by Benmage.

He unvotes at for the following reasons –

unvote

Well, this one is easy to figure out. Tammy gets shot in the face within a day: she wasn't the dayvig. Someone else gets shot: she is!

I think benmage might want to fullclaim before he's shot (so if you are town tammy, please don't act too quickly)

So he believes that her “I’m the Dayvig” claim is enough to not lynch her via testing.

I also want to bring up where Mykonian says the following –

nero, if tammy is town, that's a flat out fakeclaim from ben, and he isn't taking it back in any form. She should shoot that if she's town.

So he’s discussing with Nero the possibility that if she is Town Benmage is fake-claiming and should be shot. Contrast that with his where he calls me scummy for upon replacing in specifically asking Benmage to confirm for me that it wasn’t a gambit as I’ve seen him make in the past. There is clearly disconnect there. He himself questioned Benmage’s veracity (in saying it was a fake-claim from Ben) at one point in the process yet calls me scummy for doing the exact same thing. Strong Cognitive Dissonance.

Now back to his play re: the Wagon …

as shown –

yeah, I wasn't at my strongest yesterday. Should have filtered a bit more. Sorry about that, I was working a bit sleep deprived.

Benmage is right. If tammy was town, she'd have shot him. Tammy however in her posts already gave up. She claims she'll act town motivated, which I believe, I guess.
The problem is still that she makes the last choice (as she did with thadmiral here), which wasn't the choice of a majority of town. I'm doubtful that she'll act like a second lynch.

If it's indeed day-sk/one scumteam, we should lynch her today, or in two days, to end up at a uneven number. After that, the fact that the SK is gone simply means more mislynches for us as there are less townies getting shot.

I think I'm taking the 50% shot at scum tammy. I don't think you'll hit that 50% if we give you two more kills.

vote tammy

The bold is what I want to address. That is exactly my thought process that others (specifically Mastin who is chainsawing for him) are calling scummy – that killing off the Serial Killer now leaves Town more chances to lynch successfully with an elongated time frame for Cops / VCA / every other analysis trick in the book. And it is clear he has considered the leashing angle given the first sentence I bolded and decided it was not the best course of action.

Secondly I want to address this line “we should lynch her today, or in two days, to end up at a uneven number”. I’ve already addressed how the ‘uneven’ argument is statistics masturbation as opposed to anything to even consider Day 2 in a Large Theme (given the many variables that render lining up Evens / Odds Day 2 meaningless) but let’s set that aside. He specifically says that he wants the Day Tammy is lynched to end up on an uneven number. There are 18 players alive right now. The lynch will put us at 17 – uneven.

Next look at

Hey, it does.

Cool. Lets have this whole discussion again tomorrow.

vote pidgey I didn't forget about you!

He agrees with Tammy saying lynching her keeps it on evens. Actually it doesn’t. It puts at at Odds (17) and working on the ‘Single Mafia Team’ theory Town would stay at Odds with each Nightkill. So his reasoning for not voting her doesn’t line up to the easy to determine facts (number of players alive).

Let’s fast forward to when he says the following –

Pretty sure I asked for a single shot. Stop strawmanning MoI.

Nope. The bolded above clearly shows he said “either lynch her today or in TWO days”. So he’s contradicting himself again in scrambling to say I’m Strawmanning.

Summary
– Mykonian’s actions (not wanting to lynch Tammy today) don’t back up the posts he made surrounding her wagon (that he wants to end the Day on Evens, that he doesn’t believe she can be leashed). That's Cognitive Dissonance which is a strong scum-tell.

Point 2
– Treating me as Town while calling me scum.

After I pointed this out Mastin tried to unsuccessfully use it against me so we know it is a valid tell. could not be more clearly be aimed at a Town player.

MoI, I heard stuff about you, and I expected more from you tbh. I'm pretty sure I've considered every possible way this could go, posts about it are all over the place in between normal play.

The fact that Tammy is a claimed SK puts this beyond "hurr durr there is a guilty we lynch it". It allows you to think for once. I suggest you try it, it seems thinking makes you more clever.

Read the first part. He’s saying “He you should be playing better than this and suspecting me”. That’s not something you say to Scum. Scum want mislynches and seeing what you think is a ‘subpar’ opinion coming from them shouldn’t be met with “Hey, be better”. It should be met with “Scum pushing on me poorly, lulz” (you know, like my response to Mastin). So Mykonian is addressing me as Town yet supposedly thinks I’m scum (though at this stage the only reason in his ISO to support that is which is a generic “Oh, you scum”).

The second sentence is more Point 1 contradiction – he’s saying the Serial Killer isn’t a ‘hurr durr’ lynch a guilty but his own posts indicate he should be lynching her today.

I have several more points to make (for example, he’s totally into pidgey as scum … look at all the posts pointing it out … now ) but this post is long enough and I need lunch.

Suffice it to say Scumykonian should eat Rope tomorrow after we get rid of SK-Tammy today.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 am

Post by mastin2 »

MoI wrote:Interesting that instead of pushing for either of the candidates you full support (pidgey, Acos) you choose instead to basically sheep a case (which is a joke, BTW) aren’t ‘sold on’. Noted.
Again, discrediting the people off the Tammy wagon.
And yes, I use the word discrediting, because it's perfectly accurate. Does MoI think the whole Tammy wagon is town? Does MoI think the entire scumteam is off the Tammy wagon?
His posts certainly would say as much, considering he's done nothing,
nothing
* to pressure ANYONE on the wagon, and is pushing EXCLUSIVELY off the Tammy wagon.

Again, this isn't scumhunting. I say it plainly, I say it bluntly, because there is no other word to describe it. It's discrediting, plain and simple. It's casting doubt on players. He's not trying to find scum--he's trying to make people doubt their townreads. Doubt the townread on Benmage*, doubt the townreads on Khan, doubt the townreads on me, on myk, doubt Tammy's sincerity, doubt Nero, doubt the players off the Tammy wagon in general. He's not applying pressure to those people because he thinks that they're scum. He's applying pressure to those people to make people doubt their credibility, to doubt their sincerity, to doubt that their course of action is the right one. Not only does that further the scum agenda of getting Tammy lynched, it ALSO casts doubt come night-time, making protective PRs second-guess their protection choices (allowing the scum to get away with blatant nightkills such as myself) and investigation roles to second-guess their choices (allowing the scum to avoid investigation and allowing the town to waste investigations on people who are likely to die, such as myself).

Bluntly, I'm not pushing MoI based off of his words. He's an airtight enough scum player that he doesn't scumslip, he doesn't do stupid stuff as scum, he doesn't say scummy stuff.
He
does
, however, show an agenda, as town and as scum. As town, the agenda is to find scum, using town's power to its absolute fullest in order to do so. Maximize efficiency, build in redundancy, use good coordination combined with good scumhunting and solid reads.

As scum, the agenda is, once more, exactly what he's doing: to hide scum from the town, to minimize town's power, to weaken their roles and make them lack the synchronization they are intended to have. Make them inefficient, leave gaps in their defenses, leave holes for the scum to slip through, where all the roles are made to be weak links--combined with pushing seemingly easy targets for halfhearted reasons, buddying hardcore to those who support him while viciously trying to discredit those opposed to him, without thought for them being town. Weak reads highly OMGUS in nature.

OMGUS by itself is not a scumtell, sure. (Quite frankly, I see the term as overused--so whenever I
do
use it, you have to realize that it's
serious
.) The
circumstances
, the
motive
, of the OMGUS is what makes the difference between town OMGUS and scum OMGUS. Town OMGUS is based on thinking that the attacks against you are motivated by scum. Scum OMGUS is motivated by trying to keep yourself alive and desperation. MoI displays the latter, because he's attacked literally everyone who's even shown interest in attacking him, and he's also reverse-OMGUS'd by doing the opposite for those who have shown thoughts of him being town, buddying to players like AP hardcore.

And again, if a player not interested in lynching Tammy doubts my case, doubts that what MoI has done is nothing but discrediting and is not actually scumhunting, then I can go into detail about each point--but because it's MoI who's asking, because MoI WANTS to fight, he
wants
to argue with me, to muddy the waters, to further cast doubt and cloud the thread, I won't do so with just his provocation.

*My bad. Forgot. He pushed Benmage a little bit. So it's technically not nothing. It's as close to nothing as you can get without being nothing, though. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 am

And the expected reply by Mastin …

Nothing to say about the merits of the points brought up against Mykonian?
Why is that? Don’t want to much attention to be paid to the case?

Mastin wrote: Again, discrediting the people off the Tammy wagon.
And yes, I use the word discrediting, because it's perfectly accurate.
Does MoI think the whole Tammy wagon is town? Does MoI think the entire scumteam is off the Tammy wagon?

His posts certainly would say as much, considering he's done nothing, nothing* to pressure ANYONE on the wagon, and is pushing EXCLUSIVELY off the Tammy wagon.

No, frankly you use the word discrediting because it’s negatively charged. It’s a great mudslinging tool.

Am I not allowed to point out that Elocusta’s motivations as stated are at best wonky? That’s the premise I see here – that my pointing out of facts that are inconvenient to your arguments are simply discrediting. I see you avoid discussing the Nero Cain situation in this response. I take it you don’t want, again, to draw attention to things that show your case if more full of holes than Swiss cheese.

On the bolded – that’s a very interesting fluff. You know, of course the answer is No. My question to you is this Mastin –

Do you think the entire pool of players not voting for Tammy are Town?
– because that is the premise you are floating to support me looking at players off the Wagon. And it clearly isn’t scummy to look at people I suspect who aren’t voting for Tammy given I don’t see Town motivation (or, at least, logical Town motivation) in not getting rid of player with a killing role that no-one but herself disputes is not-Town.

So despite using All-Caps to show how IMPORTANT (yes, this is sarcasm in my response, sue me) and POWERFUL your words are the fact remains that there is nothing scummy in looking at players off the Tammy wagon I see playing to a scum-motivated Wincon. This is a Large Theme game. There are going to be scum both places. The ones I have identified so far just happen to be the easiest to spot (thanks to Mykonian's terribly obvious play and your chain-sawing).

Mastin wrote:
Again, this isn't scumhunting. I say it plainly, I say it bluntly, because there is no other word to describe it. It's discrediting, plain and simple. It's casting doubt on players. He's not trying to find scum--he's trying to make people doubt their townreads.
Doubt the townread on Benmage*, doubt the townreads on Khan,
doubt the townreads on me, on myk, doubt Tammy's sincerity, doubt Nero, doubt the players off the Tammy wagon in general. He's not applying pressure to those people because he thinks that they're scum. He's applying pressure to those people to make people doubt their credibility, to doubt their sincerity, to doubt that their course of action is the right one. Not only does that further the scum agenda of getting Tammy lynched, it ALSO casts doubt come night-time, making protective PRs second-guess their protection choices (allowing the scum to get away with blatant nightkills such as myself) and investigation roles to second-guess their choices (allowing the scum to avoid investigation and allowing the town to waste investigations on people who are likely to die, such as myself).

In regards to the bolded – I’d like you to support each and every one of those with actual links to me showing me doing that. Because you can’t. Questioning Benmage upon replacing in to make sure he isn’t fake-claiming (which he has done with mixed results in the past as Town) isn’t doubting my read on him. Same with Khan – just because I think he’s not posting logically at all about about the Tammy situation doesn’t mean I think he’s not Town.

I do admit fully I am ‘trying to get people to doubt their Townreads’ on Myk and yourself – you are scum and that’s part of scum-hunting.

So this is just mudslinging. Getting rid of a Not-Town killer is Pro-Town. I’m still waiting for you to demonstrate that it’s not. I, of course, have already showed support (a game where a Serial Killer basically got blocked all game and Town won due to the elongated length since the game was not balanced for a Serial Killer to not kill) and can show more (Plum’s LOTR game where a claimed Serial Killer who was ‘leashed’ never shot scum, Andrius’s Olympus game where a Serial Killer with a different Wincon would have destroyed Town’s long-term chances) that demonstrates the idea is bunk.

Mastin wrote:
Bluntly, I'm not pushing MoI based off of his words. He's an airtight enough scum player that he doesn't scumslip, he doesn't do stupid stuff as scum, he doesn't say scummy stuff.

He does, however, show an agenda, as town and as scum. As town, the agenda is to find scum, using town's power to its absolute fullest in order to do so. Maximize efficiency, build in redundancy, use good coordination combined with good scumhunting and solid reads.

Look at the bolded and realize that Mastin is contradicting himself in a huge way.

He’s floating that I’m not going to make posts that can easily be tagged as scummy. Yet that is exactly what he is claiming I have done with my push on Tammy when I replaced in. Furthermore in the paragraph above he claims (incorrectly) it is obv-scummy that I’m not suspecting anyone off the Tammy wagon. Yet if the first sentence was here was really what he believed he would think Scum MoI would have thrown in at least 1 or 2 suspicions on the wagon as well.

I’ll translate this for you – mastin doesn’t want to get into a Case-Making battle with me because he knows he can’t win that. So he’s just going to keep lobbing false-hoods and generalities at me and hope they stick. He dodged addressing Point 4 of in this post and only now is trying (and failing) to address Point 3 after I called him out on the obvious lack of motivation hunting.

Mastin wrote: As scum, the agenda is, once more, exactly what he's doing: to hide scum from the town, to minimize town's power, to weaken their roles and make them lack the synchronization they are intended to have. Make them inefficient, leave gaps in their defenses, leave holes for the scum to slip through, where all the roles are made to be weak links--combined with pushing seemingly easy targets for halfhearted reasons, buddying hardcore to those who support him while viciously trying to discredit those opposed to him, without thought for them being town. Weak reads highly OMGUS in nature.

Look – a whole bunch of fluff. What he is lacking is showing how I am doing this. How am I ‘minimizing Town’s power’ and ‘weakening their roles’? Nothing to be seen for actual support on that – just bland sweeping generalities.

Mastin wrote:OMGUS by itself is not a scumtell, sure. (Quite frankly, I see the term as overused--so whenever I do use it, you have to realize that it's serious.) Thecircumstances, the motive, of the OMGUS is what makes the difference between town OMGUS and scum OMGUS. Town OMGUS is based on thinking that the attacks against you are motivated by scum. Scum OMGUS is motivated by trying to keep yourself alive and desperation. MoI displays the latter, because he's attacked literally everyone who's even shown interest in attacking him, and he's also reverse-OMGUS'd by doing the opposite for those who have shown thoughts of him being town, buddying to players like AP hardcore.

Nope.jpg. I’m showing the scum intent of yourself and mykonian (who only attacked me, natch, after I called mykonian out) and questioning the motivations of others whose behavior doesn’t seem at first impression to be Town motivated. Trying to simply boil it down to OMGUS is mudslinging – which is Mastin’s specialty this game.

[quote="Mastin] And again, if a player not interested in lynching Tammy doubts my case, doubts that what MoI has done is nothing but discrediting and is not actually scumhunting, then I can go into detail about each point--but because it's MoI who's asking, because MoI WANTS to fight, he wants to argue with me, to muddy the waters, to further cast doubt and cloud the thread, I won't do so with just his provocation.[/quote]

Funny that the only people who seem interested in your mudslinging push on Town me are those who unsurprisingly already were in the “Don’t Lynch Tammy” pool. This is a nicely worded “I don’t want to lose a back and forth with MoI since I know he’s not scum and he has the facts on his side so I’ll just say this as an excuse to duck out on the battle I know I am going to lose”.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, ask yourselves this:
Where's the scum motive in letting Tammy live?

We've discussed the town motive for letting Tammy live compared to the town motive for lynching Tammy, but how about the scum motive?

She's known to be a threat to them. She's known to not be mafia, she's known to have KILLED mafia, she's known to be willing to cooperate, she's known to be a competent scumhunter, she's known to be a valuable, reasonable player, who is quite capable of (through rather objective reasoning) finding the scum--and she's not someone who would be fooled so easily by people defending her, by people saying she's town, so she would be willing to look off her wagon for scum.

In other words, the scum have nothing to gain by keeping her alive.

What's the scum motive for wanting Tammy lynched?
It's not an informative lynch, as we know everything there is to know about Tammy already. It gives the scum a free nightkill. They can hop on guilt-free, because they're sheeping a cop guilty which they
know
is not on someone from their team, so they have nothing to lose by getting on. Because they think Tammy will flip anti-town, they assume they'll get away scotch-free and that nobody will bat an eye at being on the Tammy wagon. (And if people ignore me, then they'll be right.) They can't afford, they literally
cannot live with
, the game being double-day, as that mechanic is so incredibly townsided it nearly breaks the game, so they'd need to nightkill her if she couldn't be lynched--but why waste a nightkill when the town is willing to help them? As an added bonus, it gets rid of a competent player who is a
damn
-good scumhunter, and KNOWN to have shot scum and be willing to shoot more scum. Because they gain nothing from defending her (see above), they might as well attack her, since they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

In other words, the scum have EVERY single reason to want Tammy dead.

THIS
is why the Tammy wagon is incredibly scum-driven.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

MoI wrote:Do you think the entire pool of players not voting for Tammy are Town?
As the above post demonstrates?

YES

See also, my experience in 1377. This push against Tammy is
eerily
similar to the scum's push against RM that game. That wagon had all three scum on it; it was an incredibly scum-driven mislynch. The push against RM became strongest after he had claimed VT, and the scum knew they could get away with lynching him.
My academy.
Agnigi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 am

In post 2241, mastin2 wrote:In other words, the scum have nothing to gain by keeping her alive.

Nope. This is completely wrong. Scum benefit from keeping her alive to kill Townies (like ThAd) and make the reduction of Town's first strength (Numbers, which is very important) go as fast as possible. And as long as scum can do a good enough job 'manipulating' the Town direction of her shots that is a very compelling reason to keep her alive.

You of course glossed over Return to Liten (Yates commented on it) where the scum team didn't kill the Town Vig (who in the scum's opinion could have been a Serial Killer) because he wasn't a threat to them via his read. I'm sure you did that because it is yet another 'inconvienent fact' that undercuts your scummy push.

@Mastin - still no comment on my Mykonian case? Why don't you show where it is faulty / scummy if I'm scum?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:59 am

In post 2242, mastin2 wrote:As the above post demonstrates?

YES.

See also, my experience in 1377. This push against Tammy is eerily similar to the scum's push against RM that game. That wagon had all three scum on it; it was an incredibly scum-driven mislynch. The push against RM became strongest after he had claimed VT, and the scum knew they could get away with lynching him.

Thanks for clearly demonstrating you are scum and have forced yourself to take a stance that
CLEARLY
isn't valid. If bets were allowed I'm be willing to make an 'Account Retirement' bet that there was zero chance that every single scum was as of this post on the Wagon. But since that is against site rules I'll just point out how stupid that concept is.

And you are referencing a Mini Theme game as your support? And from what you are saying here a Mini Theme where someone was pushed after he claimed VT as an Apples to Apples type of game? Please link us to the posts that you think demonstrate how that game is anything like this one.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 am

So let's not lose sight of the facts in my demolition of Scumykonian and his Chainsawing big brother Mastin -

Tammy needs to be lynched. Deadline is nigh upon us. I'll deal with the ScumderTwins going forward either by leading their hanging or having them Nightkill me as expected (thus validating my suspicions for everyone to see).

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 am

Post by WrathChild »

In post 2245, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So let's not lose sight of the facts in my demolition of Scumykonian and his Chainsawing big brother Mastin -

Tammy needs to be lynched. Deadline is nigh upon us. I'll deal with the ScumderTwins going forward either by leading their hanging or having them Nightkill me as expected (thus validating my suspicions for everyone to see).

This is a great idea.

We hang Tammy, then we let scum shot MoI. Perfect. Everyone wins.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:28 am

In post 2220, pappums rat wrote:Tammy - 7 (snifit, Kise, Benmage, pidgey, WrathChild, MagnaofIllusion, Acosmist)
pidgey - 3 (Elscouta, zabriel, jasonT1981)
WrathChild - 3 (Tammy, AngryPidgeon, PeregrineV)
MagnaofIllusion - 3 (mykonian, mastin2, Kublai Khan)
Acosmist - 1 (Yates)

Not voting - Nero Cain

I'm quoting this to illustrate the following so that it does not get lost in the shuffle down the line
. This is the mod's last Vote-Count.

Mastin is floating the concept that he believes ALL THE SCUM are solely to be found on the Tammy wagon. We will set aside Tammy from this discussion since Mastin isn't disputing (that I can see) she isn't Town simply because she is the wagon in question and isn't going to vote herself.

So per Mastin all the scum are in - Snifit, Kise, Benmage, pidgey, WC, MoI, Acos.

A quick glance at mastin's ISO indicates that today he doesn't consider Benmage scum. So all the scum (and in a game starting with 21 players - probably a good bet at least 3-4 alive if this is Singleball as most people are suggesting) are in

snifit, Kise, pidgey, WC, MoI, Acos - So statistically we are looking at a 50/50 at worst within this group.

Does anyone outside of Mastin believe he's managed to narrow down the entirety of scum in this game Day 2 to a group that at worst is a 50/50 shot? If you do I have a Bridge in Brooklyn that I desperately need to sell you so I can help out my dear old Mom languishing in an Old Folks Home.

Also keep in mind that Mastin has also stipuated that Acos and myself MUST be the same alignment today in his posts. It's possible he is playing the "link Town MoI to partner game" but given my Town read on Acos I'm thinking probably not. So when I eventually am Nightkilled and flip Town remember that Mastin has staked out the position that this clears Acos.

pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

Post by pidgey »

This day sucks and im yet to reread but:

a. Tammy is apperantly not getting enough support
b. MoI i dunno, he could be town or could be scum. He is a skilled player. I believe a lot of people are jumping on the wagon (not mastin and not myk) just because just like me they can't easily get a read on him and they are like "lol whatever" OR because they are scum and they see this as a good chance. Either way no reason to lynch MoI today really.
c. I guess im not going to lynched today

How about we just
get the PGO claim our of the way
today? I really dont have a read on the PGO but a lot of guys want him dead and he hasnt done that much honestly and yeah scum can fakeclaim PGO here and there so how does that sound.
-----------------
Sup
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Benmage »

With Roughly 24 hours remaining TAMMY IS THE ONLY VIABLE LYNCH. Let's go people.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”