Micro 66 - Robo's F11 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Aww, but I wanted to have a secret admirer/stalker.

Seriously though, if PMyst's promised post doesn't satisfy me, my vote is staying on him until someone outright claims scum, or something.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Alrighty, here we go.

CheeryDog - Leanin Scum

Spoiler: Here's why
I noticed a good bit of fence sitting.
In post 118, Cheery Dog wrote:
I only want to get rid of them if they turn out to be scum, right nw I'd like them to continue to stay and ask the questions they're asking, because I'm having trouble finding my own questions to be asking.

and the boring question everyone asks, how will these so called partner tells relate when I flip town?

Like here
In post 164, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 152, Mitillos wrote:
@Anyone and everyone: What do you think of Klick's insistence on not mentioning PMyst's meta, his vote on Mala and his subsequent unvote? What do you think of Mala's claim about PMyst's meta being too easy for scum to attack? Is either of those scummy? Both? Neither? I'd ask for thoughts on Riggs' lack of content too, but he said he won't be back until today, so that's another stalled place.

PM being easy to read is true, however only once you get to know what he plays like. I've completed one game with him, and had mostly read him wrongly.
Although I haven't played with him where he hs been scum yet, I believe based on his meta and what people have told me about it, he acts completely differently from the two alignments. (although I think he has caught onto this since he has managed to win some games as scum recently)
I felt like Klick's plan of not talking about his meta may have been able to draw him out of the woodwork to actually chat (and pretend we don't actually know his playstyle)

I find both of the PM talk about meta to be in the null territory, though I didn't like Klick's vote and then unvote. (or Taz trying to make it out as if that was an actual case)

And here
In post 314, Cheery Dog wrote:This isn't a newbie game myst.
Walls themselves I find better than multipost arguments as they're contained within the one post and not spread acrosmultiple pages which means only the one quote is needed. (although if you're on a non-computer device then the multipost argument is probably better for quote purposes.
(hi im being useless to the game state again)

Also, Cheery will often post, just to post. Admitting to not adding thing to the thread. Almost like saying "Hey guys! I'm here, being active, so yeah, I'm not scum)

Nachomamma8 - Leaning Town

Spoiler: Click Here
I was look through the ISOs and had a town read on CommieX for posts like this
In post 80, CommieX wrote:
In post 75, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
I have Klick as a town read because what he's saying is townish. Do you disagree with my read?

What about what he's saying is townish? And to answer your question, I have a null read. So yes.

Millitos wrote:@Commie: I take your point about the importance of pressure and so on. And it should be obvious whom I want a wagon on first. I'm voting for PMyst, so that's my first choice. And how am I eager to sheep Tracey? I have yet to move to either of the wagons she has spearheaded, whereas you followed her quite readily on Cheery's. I'd like the PMyst thing cleared, before I move to the next suspect, currently you.

You claimed to have been ready to jump on the wagon against Cheery before Tracey switched his vote. You now seem very ready to jump on the wagon against me, again following Tracey. Specifically, statements like this one:

I'd like the PMyst thing cleared, before I move to the next suspect, currently you.

Lead me to believe you're not very attatched to your case against PMyst.

But then things get dull. Nacho replaces in and has done very little else except build a case agaisnt PM and say we should lynch him. This tunneling is what disturbs me, but I still think the slot is town.

Thor665 - Town

Spoiler: Words
First off, he's Thor. If have to assume he's town or I get nightkilled. :P
Anyways, klick has town points for adding to the discussion a good bit. Also, his playstyle does not seem scummy at all
Thor's post read town as well. Nothing I saw suggests scum or anti-town at all

Malakittens - Town

Spoiler: Read this if you feel like it
Town, Town, Town. Seriously. That's all I was getting looking through her ISO.

Millitos - Town

Spoiler: My Thoughts
Throughout the beginning of his ISO, I was getting the impression of fence sitting, like Cheery. However, the further I went, the more it seemed like just inexperience (checks out with the join date). Once I sorted that out, the ISO is very pro-town. Actively trying to find scum and provding content pretty regularly from what I could tell

PMysterious - Scum

Spoiler: WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE?
Seriously. Holy cow, if PM isn't scum, I'm going to shoot myself. Look at this.
quote="In post 219, PMysterious"]Okay, I'm SO sorry for not being too active. I forgot about this a LOT.
Its not like me to forget about MS. Really, it isn't.
[/quote]
In post 280, PMysterious wrote:
In post 277, TraceyLyn11 wrote:The activity of this game it pitiful.

Agreed. Even I haven't been posting that much.
I think its because I forget about it too much
. I'll try to keep in touch on this game.

In post 282, PMysterious wrote:
You're just trying to annoy us. What the, I don't even..

I'm not trying to annoy you at all. I'm just not fully active like I once was. Back in June and July, I could post anytime I needed to. But now, I'm in the school year. So, I'm not as active as I once was. I'm keeping my promise to stay as active as I can but I'm not trying to be annoying.
Oh, I'm forgetting about MS a lot too.
That's another problem.[/quote]
Each post has a comment about forgetting (or not) MS games. Look at the last post. He was explaining absense, then as if on a side note, goes "Oh yeah. I keep forgetting about this game guys. Keep that mind please. Scum can't forget about games which means I'm town, which I am." SO MANY bad vibes throughout this ISO. Holy cow...
And what is up with his last post. "Oh Shit, they saw me viewing the thread. I guess I should hop in the thread and explain that I'm here, but don't feel like saying anything. Oh by the guys, don't vote for lurkers. It's bad, trust me." Can we lynch this guy already?

Violet - Town

Spoiler: Calming down now
Her posts seem pro-town from the start. Participating in conversations and open to ideas while still holding to her reads.

TraceyLyn11 - Leaning Town

Spoiler: Shoot! 113 posts to go through....
Looking through the ISO,(and I'm going to admit now that most of the walls were skimmed through), first impressions were that the posts showed town vibes to me, not scum vibes. Then I found Tracey defending PM. First off though, was this...
In post 241, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
Correction. I have buddied Klick. He has not buddied me.

I am also disappointed that you would think I was that obvious in my scum play.

Stating pressure does not eliminate pressure. Just because I'm pressuring them doesn't mean I'm not willing to lynch them. As for vote hopping, yes I was. Is that scummy? I have clear reads. Read further, and you shall see them.

The bolded was what stuck out the most to me in favor of Town Tracey. I just don't believe scum would openly admit to buddying, whether its Day 1 or any other day. Points agaisnt are below
In post 354, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 351, Thor665 wrote:Let's say we lynch Violet and they flip town - what do you learn from the 'connections' in thread?

Same question if the flower flips scum?

I want to see what a valuable info treasure trove this is.
The same as in any other game. We know his reads are genuine. Maybe not right, but genuine. We know that his connections with others are not a result of scum motivation. Therefore, if there was any mutual buddying done, the other buddier has more chance of being scum (kind of depends on the players, though). The same goes for bussing (or, not bussing, but you know what I mean). Whereas,
if PM flips scum, he cannot be connected with anyone
. He has not posted reads. He has posted almost nothing of game substance.
If he flips town, it's the exact same scenario
. It wouldn't make sense to make him a day one lynch if we could avoid it.

The thing that seems off to me is no matter how long we wait, PM won't provide context. Even if the post isn't about apologizing for inactivity, the content will be useless. But in reference to the post, yes, its the exact same scenario, but I would have have a scum flip with no connections than a town flip with no connections. The longer we wait, the more dangerous he is. Say for example, he reaches LyLo. Let's also assume he is town in this scenario. He is kept alive because of this. So LyLo is him and two other players, both who have appeared pro-town the entire way through the game. The townie is this scenario would then vote PM, scum hammers, game over. PM is a danger the longer he lives for this reason. He needs to be lynched soon, and it just so happens he is scum in this game so it works out very nicely.

That all being said, Ima VOTE: PMysterious
This guy is scum and needs rope.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

That puts PM at
L-1
by the way
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 260, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Explain to me again why it makes sense to vote the person who your other strong scum read is voting rather than the person who has a vote from one of your null-town reads?

Scum can bus and town can be dead wrong. Neither influences who I personally think is scum.

In post 306, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Bold/italic: Damn skippy I did. I don't agree with policy lynches. I see zero benefits in them, especially in a game as small as newbies. With that being said, why would I allow the discussion to continue? Explain to me how it's scummy.

Because discussion provides information, and it was an important discussion to have. Explain how squelching an important discussion is town.

In post 319, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 307, Violet wrote:GNR: I don't know what he was trying to accomplish with his first post, but I don't really trust it. There is a possibility he could be trying to earn early town points by feigning PR-protection while simultaneously limiting town information by keeping the Jailkeeper from us. Even stranger is the fact that Jailkeepers are usually on the scum side, and there is none in this game.
Could you explain this? I don't follow.

It was speculative, and it was just a disorganized collection of thoughts. But, the only thing I could get out of that post was that he was really adamant to protect town PRs (or rather, look protective) which weren't there.

In post 494, PMysterious wrote:I'm still here. I'll reread and HOPE to get a post out tomorrow that's actually worth something. Then, I hope you guys will see what happens when you vote lurkers. (Trust me, its bad.) ;)

That's great. Except there's a 50% chance you're getting lynched, and if you flip town, nobody's going to feel like voting a lurker was a bad idea. Your play is terrible for the game in general. If you get lynched, there are people that will
celebrate
the removal of a cancer from this game.
Violet
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 501, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:

CheeryDog - Leanin Scum

Spoiler: Here's why
I noticed a good bit of fence sitting.
In post 118, Cheery Dog wrote:
I only want to get rid of them if they turn out to be scum, right nw I'd like them to continue to stay and ask the questions they're asking, because I'm having trouble finding my own questions to be asking.

and the boring question everyone asks, how will these so called partner tells relate when I flip town?

Like here
In post 164, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 152, Mitillos wrote:
@Anyone and everyone: What do you think of Klick's insistence on not mentioning PMyst's meta, his vote on Mala and his subsequent unvote? What do you think of Mala's claim about PMyst's meta being too easy for scum to attack? Is either of those scummy? Both? Neither? I'd ask for thoughts on Riggs' lack of content too, but he said he won't be back until today, so that's another stalled place.

PM being easy to read is true, however only once you get to know what he plays like. I've completed one game with him, and had mostly read him wrongly.
Although I haven't played with him where he hs been scum yet, I believe based on his meta and what people have told me about it, he acts completely differently from the two alignments. (although I think he has caught onto this since he has managed to win some games as scum recently)
I felt like Klick's plan of not talking about his meta may have been able to draw him out of the woodwork to actually chat (and pretend we don't actually know his playstyle)

I find both of the PM talk about meta to be in the null territory, though I didn't like Klick's vote and then unvote. (or Taz trying to make it out as if that was an actual case)

And here
In post 314, Cheery Dog wrote:This isn't a newbie game myst.
Walls themselves I find better than multipost arguments as they're contained within the one post and not spread acrosmultiple pages which means only the one quote is needed. (although if you're on a non-computer device then the multipost argument is probably better for quote purposes.
(hi im being useless to the game state again)

Also, Cheery will often post, just to post. Admitting to not adding thing to the thread. Almost like saying "Hey guys! I'm here, being active, so yeah, I'm not scum)

My town read on both of those I'm apparently fence-sitting on hasn't wavered since those posts. (actually Mit's might have a little, but it's come back strongly)
and Why I've been posting for the sake of posting a fair few times is to see who would call me out on it when other people are being accused of lurking.

Also did you find out why you voted Taz earlier in the day?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Malakittens »

Actually, GNR, explained in the post that he did vote Taz. Might not have been a lot, but it was there. Which was why I was leaning, still leaning town on him despite the inactivity.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

and in his next post he said he forgot why he voted Taz.

Since taz wasn't included in any of his reread, I was trying to work out what had happened to that read to be replaced by Violet being solid town.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Okay?

It was almost a week since he has posted. Do you remember what you said about a player after a week goes by?

I think you are trying to point fingers at something that isn't necessarily there.

I should let him explain before explaining a read I had on Taz on his early game play to right before he placed out.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Violet

PM is obvtown now. I wanted to wait and see his response to L-1 since it terrifies him, but I suppose that isn't really necessary at this point. Tracey, you can have your lynch now.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

He wasn't located at L-1 when he posted so I don't understand that read in of it's self.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 337, Nachomamma8 wrote:Also why did NONE of that include "oh, why do you find PM scum?"

Also if Vio is scum then why didn't he just buddy up to you today and kill you during the night?

In post 508, Nachomamma8 wrote:

PM is obvtown now. I wanted to wait and see his response to L-1 since it terrifies him, but I suppose that isn't really necessary at this point. Tracey, you can have your lynch now.

You never once really commented regarding Vio was being scum.
You questioned Tracey regarding Vio.

So Nacho, what regarding Vio is making you think he's scummy?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

I still think what we need is a few more of the lackwits to vote - I don't feel we're getting any info off these wuss wagons we're running.
It's page 21 - have we even had an L-1 wagon yet?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yes, had a L-1 on PM before Nacho un voted.
Had a L-1 on Tracey too.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

We should lynch one of them then.
And Tracy with an 'e' is likely town.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

• [Creasy smiles]
    Pita
    : Creasy
    [pause]
    Pita
    : You're smiling.
    Creasy
    : What?
    Pita
    : You were smiling.
    Creasy
    : No, I'm not.
    Pita
    : You were.
    Creasy
    : No, I was not.
    Pita
    : You're not now, but you were.
    Creasy
    : No, *you* were smiling, I wasn't smiling.
    Pita
    : You were.
    Creasy
    : When?
    Pita
    : Like, five seconds ago.
    Creasy
    : I'm not smiling.
    Pita
    : Well, a second ago you were.
    Creasy
    : No, you said five seconds ago, now that's six. Six seconds ago I was not smiling.
    Pita
    : Okay, 10 seconds ago.
    Creasy
    : 10 seconds ago, I was smiling. Okay, in the next 10 seconds let's see who smiles first.
    [pause]
    Creasy
    : You smiled already. See? You did.
    Pita
    : Mmm.
    [pointing at Creasy]
    Creasy
    : No, that wasn't a - That was a smirk, that's not a smile. A smirk is different. They both start with "S," but they're not the same - Do your homework.
    Pita
    : [Creasy walks away] You were.

|
:

• TraceyLyn11 [2] Violet, Cheery Dog
  • Cheery Dog [1] Malakittens
  • Nachomamma8 [0]
  • Guy_Named_Riggs [0]
  • PMysterious [3] Thor665, Mitillos, Guy_Named_Riggs

• Malakittens [0]
  • Mitillos [0]
  • Thor665 [0]
  • Violet [1] Nachomamma8

:
|
Not Voting
|
:

• PMysterious, TraceyLyn11

:
|
Amount to Lynch
|
:

• With 9 Alive it is 5 to Lynch.

:
|
Deadline
|
:

• 11:59 PM of November 18th, EST.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Malakittens »

I say CD should be lynched.

I have a town read on both Vio and Tracey.

Nacho's buddying to Tracey regarding her possible vote on Vio is uneasy. I'm going to be watching that closely.

GNR is still giving me town vibes.

PM hopefully will post something tonight.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 496, Mitillos wrote:@Tracey: I didn't notice a misrep from Thor. He said that he requested from me to move to PMyst. This is true, he did ask me to get back on PMyst. I didn't do it because Thor requested it (I have a large beard too, so that's alright). I did it because I agree that PMyst is scum. And he's scummier than you, because although you protecting PMyst can be a scummy thing to do, you might be town who just really really wants to believe the best of PMyst (this is noble, but misguided). Whereas PMyst's scumminess is clear as day.
Mah bad. I misinterpreted his post. After looking back at the several posts in question, when you hopped onto PM you said:
"@Thor: Yeah, he's still scum, Tracey's attempt at defending him hasn't changed that."
You say this in response to my saying you were just following Thor's orders:
"And Thor reminded me that I wasn't voting for him any more."
Three things I find issues with here. First, in your vote post, it didn't sound like you forgot at all. Maybe that's semantics, though. The more interesting thing I found was, in post #465 there was a vote count. Only five posts later came your vote. Not to mention the obvious... YOU VOTED ME ONE DAY BEFORE YOUR VOTE POST. And you acknowledge very clearly in this post that you are voting me.

Please explain.

In post 499, Robocopter87 wrote:
You are clearly delusional. I don't see anything.

woop woop woop woop
HAHAHAHHAAHA ICWATUDIDTHAR YOU'RE SO FUNNY AAHHHHHH.

In post 500, Mitillos wrote:Seriously though, if PMyst's promised post doesn't satisfy me, my vote is staying on him until someone outright claims scum, or something.
This feels oh so much like an easy ticket to tunnel PM (not that you weren't already, but).

In post 501, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:First off, he's Thor. If have to assume he's town or I get nightkilled. :P
Huh? Nightkilled?

In post 501, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
Her
posts seem pro-town from the start. Participating in conversations and open to ideas while still holding to
her
reads.
You're
sure
you've read the thread?

In post 501, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:That all being said, Ima VOTE: PMysterious
This guy is scum and needs rope.
:? That was the big catch-up post? And it ended with this? Sigh.

In post 503, Violet wrote:Scum can bus and town can be dead wrong. Neither influences who I personally think is scum.
I quoted the wrong question (probably should have read it fully first..). The one I wanted was actually a Mala quote:
In post 289, Malakittens wrote:Why are you voting for Tracey, when you scum read on Klick was doubled.
Which brings me to the question why aren't you voting your strongest scum read rather than voting the weaker scum read.
A little outdated, but it can still be answered based on your reasoning at the time.

In post 503, Violet wrote:Because discussion provides information, and it was an important discussion to have. Explain how squelching an important discussion is town.
What are your thoughts on night kill analysis day one?

In post 507, Malakittens wrote:It was almost a week since he has posted. Do you remember what you said about a player after a week goes by?
He could have easily looked back at his reasoning...

In post 508, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Explain. Also:
In post 476, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Why hasn't Riggs sparked your attention then? And why do you have town reads on us?
A wise man once said:
"hi
tracey
nacho i put tons of effort into this shit
respond and explain
how i am wrong

ty <3"
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Re Tunnel: So you're saying that him coming in and promising a post soon is town behaviour? Because that's what prompted me to say what I did in post 500. He, once again, came in, said nothing and left. It's not tunneling, if they're acting scummy.

Re Thor reminding me to vote for PMyst: I was using colourful language. It's not that I actually forgot where my vote was, it's more that during that time I was also dealing with other things and wasn't being optimal with my vote. But now I am, once again.
options
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Violet »

In post 508, Nachomamma8 wrote:PM is obvtown now. I wanted to wait and see his response to L-1 since it terrifies him, but I suppose that isn't really necessary at this point.

First of all, you never made a case on him to begin with. But second, I don't see how now he's obvtown when he's made one tiny post since you called him scum and it's telling us all not to vote him. That doesn't scream obvtown, that screams survival.

He knows his own meta, that was covered ten pages ago. Any meta argument is useless.

In post 516, TraceyLyn11 wrote:I quoted the wrong question (probably should have read it fully first..). The one I wanted was actually a Mala quote:

You want me to answer... Mala's questions. And you ask me how I generally make my catchup posts. And about night kill analysis day 1. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish by forcing me to answer all of these irrelevant things? Is it just to ask me more questions?

In post 289, Malakittens wrote:Why are you voting for Tracey, when you scum read on Klick was doubled.
Which brings me to the question why aren't you voting your strongest scum read rather than voting the weaker scum read.

Strawman. Just because my read of Klick doubled doesn't mean it's now stronger than my read on Tracey. It's a stupid question. I was voting my strongest scum read. Someone intelligent such as yourself should be able to recognize that.

Tracey wrote:
In post 503, Violet wrote:Because discussion provides information, and it was an important discussion to have. Explain how squelching an important discussion is town.
What are your thoughts on night kill analysis day one?

There's no night kill to analyze on day one, answer the question.

Who is your strongest scum read and why aren't you voting for him/her?
Violet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 518, Violet wrote:Strawman. Just because my read of Klick doubled doesn't mean it's now stronger than my read on Tracey. It's a stupid question. I was voting my strongest scum read. Someone intelligent such as yourself should be able to recognize that.

This feels very double tongued to me.
Could you link me to where the read 'doubled' and explain how you classify your scum totals?
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Mitillos »

In post 254, Violet wrote:My stance on Tracey hasn't changed at all, and my scumread on Klick has redoubled.

I'm thinking someone misunderstood something someone said. Possibly me.
options
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I will say following that quote with a Tracy with an 'e' vote tends to make me think the 'doubling' thing is a derp tell.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 517, Mitillos wrote:Re Tunnel: So you're saying that him coming in and promising a post soon is town behaviour? Because that's what prompted me to say what I did in post 500. He, once again, came in, said nothing and left. It's not tunneling, if they're acting scummy.

Re Thor reminding me to vote for PMyst: I was using colourful language. It's not that I actually forgot where my vote was, it's more that during that time I was also dealing with other things and wasn't being optimal with my vote. But now I am, once again.
You are most definitely tunneling. As for my remark about your post leaving it open for you to tunnel, I said that because you made the comment,
"if PMyst's promised post doesn't satisfy me"
. You claim to know his meta. Not to mention you've seen his play this game. Do you expect something that will "satisfy" you? Because I don't think you do. The reason I mentioned tunneling specifically is because the second part of the sentence (
"my vote is staying on him"
followed by an impossible scenario - it's against the rules) gives you an excuse to keep your vote on him even in a deadline frenzy. Let's pretend you are scum. Let's pretend a PM lynch will happen. You get to be early on the wagon. Generally seen as townish. Now let's pretend somebody else will be lynched. Your partner has the go ahead to hop on that person's wagon while you get to sit all comfy and cozy on a PM wagon while claiming, "Well, I've thought him scum. And I
said
I wouldn't switch my vote." While a silly and naive thing to say, it could possibly work with you being newer (assuming you are not an alt) and it appearing you are stubborn - a trait often given to town.

You had me as a scum read during a time when other people had me as a scum read. How is that not optimal? You've been going with the flow of the wagons, I've noticed. Just something to note.

In post 518, Violet wrote:First of all, you never made a case on him to begin with. But second, I don't see how now he's obvtown when he's made one tiny post since you called him scum and it's telling us all not to vote him. That doesn't scream obvtown, that screams survival.

He knows his own meta, that was covered ten pages ago. Any meta argument is useless.
I agree and disagree. He's aware enough of his meta that I think his freaking out as scum (never seen, but others have mentioned it) has diminished greatly. However, he does tend to say ridiculously scummy things when put close to a lynch. In Fire and Ice it looked like he was giving up for Klick... So I do agree; his freaking out at a lynch is unlikely. But according solely to the Fire and Ice game, he's still pretty scummy in what he says when near a lynch, so it may still be pretty easy to tell when he's scum and when he's not.

In post 518, Violet wrote:You want me to answer... Mala's questions. And you ask me how I generally make my catchup posts. And about night kill analysis day 1. Exactly what are you trying to accomplish by forcing me to answer all of these irrelevant things? Is it just to ask me more questions?
They aren't irrelevant at all. I've actually gotten very compelling answers from them; I just have decided not to reveal them yet. I was planning to if I made a case against you or if you lived to tomorrow. I still haven't quite decided if I am going to hold off or not on making it.

In post 518, Violet wrote:Strawman. Just because my read of Klick doubled doesn't mean it's now stronger than my read on Tracey. It's a stupid question. I was voting my strongest scum read. Someone intelligent such as yourself should be able to recognize that.
You said you thought we were a scum team.
I don't know what world you live in where that doesn't mean two people are at more or less equal places on the scum scale. You saying Klick's read doubled implies he was then scummier than me.

Whoaaaaaaa. Intense appeal (though of which kind, I am unsure... Flattery maybe?). Does not sit well. Does not sit well at all.

In post 518, Violet wrote:There's no night kill to analyze on day one, answer the question.
Bah, duh. Night two I mean. Pretend the flip was a vanilla townie.

In post 518, Violet wrote:Who is your strongest scum read and why aren't you voting for him/her?
In post 476, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
In post 457, Thor665 wrote:Though, Tracy with an 'e' why no new vote?
Didn't know who to place one on. I'm starting to get that feeling that my tunneling on Vio has affected my read on him. Like, I still think he's scum. I just think that I might only be seeing that because of the tunneling I've done. My other option for a vote is Cheery (it does look like I'm OMGUSing, doesn't it? >_>), but I'm still fairly unsure of him.

Mit's recent hop back onto PM bothers me a lot. I can't figure out a clear stance on Mit.
Though, the above quote has changed a bit. I no longer suspect Cheery much. It's mainly between you and Mit.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@Tracey: If you also read the wiki entry you linked, you might see how I am not tunneling. My arguments against PMyst are valid, in and of themselves, and not because I have held them for a long time or strongly. I am potentially capable of changing my mind about him, but it's up to him to convince me to do so, by actually making that post he promised yesterday and making some valid points in it, for example. See, the difference between what I am doing and confirmation bias, is that PMyst's behaviour has not been townish yet, at any point in time. I am not ignoring some of his behaviour in favour of my pet theory; his behaviour has been the same this whole time. Again, if the target's behaviour is consistently scummy, it's not tunneling; it's common sense.
Anyway, my claim is not an excuse. I think he is the scummiest player in the game. I am voting for him, because I think he is scum. This is the best reason to have your vote on someone. Also, no, I'm not an alt. I wouldn't be a newbie, if I were, I imagine.
And me voting you was not optimal, because I am more certain of PMyst's scumminess, than yours. As I said, yours could be attributed to being protective of your town-read (inexplicable as it may be) and therefore not necessarily scummy after all.
You also mention the flow of the wagons. Let's see how I've voted so far:
Random on Tazaro. Then first serious vote on PMyst. Stayed on PMyst until you finally convinced me that I should give him more time to come back. During this time the only one voting PMyst was you, for a brief period as a "reaction test". Then I voted for Riggs. I was all alone on him until the replacements. I went back to PMyst, my original read. You can call this the first wagon I followed, but that is silly. Then I moved onto you, when there was a wagon on you, but this was because you continued to inexplicably protect PMyst. Then I moved back to PMyst, who, again, was my first and biggest scumread. So, stop trying to throw insinuations around with "just something to note", as if you're not trying to imply that the only reason for my votes was who else was voting whom. You're still misrepping and you need to stop.
options
Violet
Violet
Goon
Violet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 am

Post by Violet »

In post 519, Thor665 wrote:This feels very double tongued to me.
Could you link me to where the read 'doubled' and explain how you classify your scum totals?

Mit linked it the quote. I don't usually keep hard scum-totals or percents, they're difficult to maintain and fluctuate too rapidly to be of any use. At any given point in a day, or depending on the day I've had, they could actually be a lot different because my perspective is different, but the conclusions generally stay the same.

The word "redoubled" doesn't always mean exactly twice as much. I apologize if it's a poor use of language, I've seen it used a lot in Tolkien's writing but that's about it.

In post 522, TraceyLyn11 wrote:They aren't irrelevant at all. I've actually gotten very compelling answers from them; I just have decided not to reveal them yet. I was planning to if I made a case against you or if you lived to tomorrow. I still haven't quite decided if I am going to hold off or not on making it.

I'd really love to see how on earth you think I'm scum for what I always do regardless of alignment. You have three days.

In post 522, TraceyLyn11 wrote:
You said you thought we were a scum team.
I don't know what world you live in where that doesn't mean two people are at more or less equal places on the scum scale. You saying Klick's read doubled implies he was then scummier than me.

Except I voted
you
. That alone shows you exactly where I stand. I thought you were a scum team based on your interactions with each other and how both of you were scummy.

In post 522, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Whoaaaaaaa. Intense appeal (though of which kind, I am unsure... Flattery maybe?). Does not sit well. Does not sit well at all.

We've had this discussion in real life. I wouldn't hang out with you if you had the brains of a dull brick with an extra chromosome. Though the fact that you'd point it out like it's something scummy is definitely something I'm keeping tabs on.

In post 522, TraceyLyn11 wrote:Night two I mean. Pretend the flip was a vanilla townie.

It depends heavily on the situation, but I find most NK analysies to be nigh-worthless. It's all WIFOM. For instance, I almost always kill Nacho as scum because he's usually a strong player, but I doubt I would this game (assuming he wouldn't be my partner) because he seems distant and disinterested and isn't exactly convincing anyone of anything. But even if you knew that about me, it would still be worthless to try and analyze it that way because I know that's what I do so I can change it at will, and it's situational. And that's just me - depending on who my partner would be in that situation they may or may not agree with my meta-views. The combined chemistry is something you can't even begin to account for due to the sheer numbers of possible combinations and unpredictable nature (9x8=72 possible combos, plus synergistic chemistry between the two people, plus a hidden conversation we have no access to).

Scum have their own reasons for doing things that are so far removed from the information I have as town that guessing is like shooting a target blindfolded with an ill-maintained 16th century pistol. It'll probably just shoot blow up in your face.

Now spin my personal views on NK analysis into something scummy.
Violet

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”