Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 645, Thor665 wrote:What caused the shift then?

If you want a specific post.

In post 436, N wrote:I don't even remember anything Voided has done. But then again, I haven't been paying the best attention to this game. Right now, the only things I can remember are that Piggy did some really scummy shit early game (I can't remember anything she's done since, though, so I guess that's how she's slipped others' suspicions?), Sixty has made some horrible cases (seriously, the last time I saw a case that bad was by a cop who had a guilty result but didn't want to claim their role), Mehdi/blue-avatar/Thor had a big argument with lots of walls (I skimmed most of it), and there's too many damn hydras running around (and I can't keep them straight). Oh, and Justin Timberlake replaced in and made
more
fucking walls.

So, from the small amount of information I managed to retain, let's lynch Piggy and Sixty and the third partner can do whatever they're currently doing and it doesn't matter.

In post 646, PiggyGal15 wrote:In any case, VOTE: Thor

This is also really fun and exciting.

In post 647, N wrote:Okay, I think you're scummy. Also, what is your case on me? If you're going to call that shit in #519 a case, you're worse as scum than Sixty.

VOTE: Jesse

OMGUS that was a really good one N.
And who's going to stop me...
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

In post 649, Thor665 wrote:@Piggy - correct me if I'm wrong, but your scum case on me is that I pushed "confirmed town" instead of pushing your lynch? Because I would think you would find someone starting a counterwagon to you to be the definition of a town tell.

No, that's just the little candy bits on the top of the icing. But I'll admit, I was scummy at the start of the game, and I think anyone who thought I was scum at the beginning had good reason to, but you still called me scum... and then counterwagoned it... And it's not that you actually counterwagon the Piggy Wagon, if you were really starting a counterwagon, it would have been to the Ceru wagon that you were trying to start, but failed, so you went to something easier that more people would flock to. I think the fact that you knew I would turn up town, and if you jumped back to my wagon it would make you look hella scummy, so you just diverted everyone to a less messy and less Thor-condemning mislynch.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

I realize I’m not being too terribly helpful N, so I’ll help you out here. And I’m not going to bullet point them and get into “one of those” back-and-forths so follow along here.

If you’re going to say someone’s not reading the thread go out and prove it. If you can’t, don’t say it. It just makes you look dumb. Same goes to throwing the word hypocritical around. If you’re going to use it, prove it. Don’t be a lame-Empking knock-off. Tell me exactly what you don’t understand about the Soul/JT argument and I’d be happy to inform you of whatever link you’re missing. I’m missing how not having a scum read automatically makes someone a town read. That usually makes them a null read in my book (way to try to throw it back on me though. That’s really fun for players who are flailing). Me quoting your “scum reads” and asking “And wait who are your other two scum?” is a pretty sarcastic way of me wondering how you could have possibly gotten there since you know, usually reads have good solid reasonings behind them. I don’t believe your read on Thor is genuine. And I said legitimately nothing about how I felt about what Sixty had to say. I’d like to know how you got this:

In post 533, N wrote:5. If you don't care about what Sixty has to say, why didn't you hammer?

out of this:

In post 519, JesseSheffield wrote:5. Dooon’t even pretend like you care about anything Sixty has to say and if they’re as smart as I’m going to assume they are they wouldn’t out any of their buddies.

But actually like I’m genuinely interested. Cause that was a really funny leap of logic. And you can’t follow along then just say you can’t and drop it. If you can’t understand that’s just my problem but if you don’t stop talking then its just everyone’s problem.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
Deadline: Sat 1 Dec, 23:29 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-12-01 23:29:00)
)
With 8 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Deadpool »

Okay I got through to page 10. More to come later tonight hopefully.

Piggy reads as somewhat nervous in the beginning.
What the actual fuck.
I can see why people are attacking absta early on.
Thor is town.
72 (Pig) reads as slightly scummy.
What the hell is 75 :?
N reads fine. So does Tampire.
102 (Soul) is rather bad.
Tampire read town.
112 (Equ) reads town.
114 (Soul) reads bad.
Hmm 199 (Soul) doesn’t seem that bad. Prob negates 114 actually.
Wait 120 (Tampire) is bad.
Mehdi reads as somewhat good now.
Did Piggy (138) call the whole playerlist that posted town?
Oh wait actually she’s scum for that ending. She can die when I get to the end.
Don’t really like JS’ entry.
Wait why does Tampire have a scumread on Thor again :?
Dammit Tampire is towntelling pretty hard but I STILL don’t get the thor read.
Oh wait nvm Tampire can be town for surie.
Tampire Thor fight is town on town.
“Wow...are you a runner? Cuz if you are, you can probably run twice your normal distance after that stretch.” – I seriously fell from my chair.
Jesse reads as somewhat scum.

Thus far:

Piggy, JS
N
Thor, Equi
Tampire, Soul

~ He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 654, Deadpool wrote:I can see why people are attacking absta early on.

Why do you say so?

In post 654, Deadpool wrote:“Wow...are you a runner? Cuz if you are, you can probably run twice your normal distance after that stretch.” – I seriously fell from my chair.

I'd also like to say I AM a really good runner. Like really good. Just since everyone is so interested.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by Deadpool »

Mod pretty sure JT voted soul here, and your link doesn't lead to a switch.

You're right. Looks like the counting script got confused, probably as a side-effect of deleting a post. Fixed. – callforjudgement
Last edited by callforjudgement on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 655, JesseSheffield wrote:
In post 654, Deadpool wrote:I can see why people are attacking absta early on.

Why do you say so?

Because I can? I mean, the statement can stand by itself, but I actually meant that people who attacked him looked like they were scumhunting, etc, because I also would've done the same from what I saw as awkward posting.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Dead can you expand on bad, bad, good? (specifically more on JS being scum and why is Thor town) And I don't understand the read change on me (it was two bads then read good now?).

P-edit: So what exactly did it say. Who do you think was genuinely attacking you're slot (or do you think all who fosed you were town?)?

~Mehdi
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Thor/Piggy arguing is interesting too. Considering it's part white flag I really doubt both are scum.

And piggy so you not saying much during day 2 was just lack of care?

~Mehdi
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by N »

In post 652, JesseSheffield wrote:If you’re going to say someone’s not reading the thread go out and prove it. If you can’t, don’t say it. It just makes you look dumb.
You didn't read the entirity of my post (which you quoted), so I don't think it's such a great leap of logic to assume you're not reading anything else either.
Same goes to throwing the word hypocritical around. If you’re going to use it, prove it. Don’t be a lame-Empking knock-off.
I didn't just say "you're hypocritical" with nothing else, and you saying that again proves you're not reading (or are cherrypicking parts of) my entire posts; I said "this thing you did is hypocritical."
Tell me exactly what you don’t understand about the Soul/JT argument and I’d be happy to inform you of whatever link you’re missing.
I'm not understanding why they're making such a big deal out of nothing, or how it started. I understand you don't actually care, because two townies fighting can only ever be good for you.
I’m missing how not having a scum read automatically makes someone a town read. That usually makes them a null read in my book (way to try to throw it back on me though. That’s really fun for players who are flailing).
Wait a minute... that's my point! I said I didn't have a scumread on either Soul or JT and you asked me why I thought they were both town.
Me quoting your “scum reads” and asking “And wait who are your other two scum?” is a pretty sarcastic way of me wondering how you could have possibly gotten there since you know, usually reads have good solid reasonings behind them.
Thanks for moving the goalposts here; they were so getting in the way. How was I supposed to interpret you saying I didn't have any scumreads as you wanting more information about why they were my scumreads?
I don’t believe your read on Thor is genuine.
So you think I actually have a scumread on Thor and am just hiding it? What?
And I said legitimately nothing about how I felt about what Sixty had to say. I’d like to know how you got this:
In post 533, N wrote:5. If you don't care about what Sixty has to say, why didn't you hammer?

out of this:
In post 519, JesseSheffield wrote:5. Dooon’t even pretend like you care about anything Sixty has to say and if they’re as smart as I’m going to assume they are they wouldn’t out any of their buddies.

But actually like I’m genuinely interested. Cause that was a really funny leap of logic. And you can’t follow along then just say you can’t and drop it. If you can’t understand that’s just my problem but if you don’t stop talking then its just everyone’s problem.
I took "Don't pretend you care about what Sixty has to say" as you saying I should hammer. What were you saying there then? Looking at it again after you've said that's not what you mean, the only other way I can think of to interpret it is you thought Sixty was town.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

People should read this post: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4472609 and especially focus on the end because that is arguably the scummiest link to Tierce I read thus far.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Deadpool »

In post 661, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:People should read this post: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4472609 and especially focus on the end because that is arguably the scummiest link to Tierce I read thus far.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Still need an explanation on how thor is town. Both as scum doesn't work and of the two I see more reasons for piggy town then thor (Tammy gave multiple early on). That and explain to me more on how it's bad to have sixty as a second scum read back when voided was the one being focused towards.

~Mehdi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Soul - as long as we're requesting things, I don't think I'm aware of why you think I'm scum either. The best I have is you think I didn't help vote Sixty and that's why the wagon took so long...is that it?
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 657, Deadpool wrote:Because I can? I mean, the statement can stand by itself, but I actually meant that people who attacked him looked like they were scumhunting, etc, because I also would've done the same from what I saw as awkward posting.

I mean its just really interesting when players say that. I mean I know even I've personally thrown in that line as a scum player replacing in on someone who had previously been under attack at some point in the game. I don't know if I've ever come across a town player who says that.

N: I’m honestly over it.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Cerulean »

OOOOHHHH HHHEEEELLLLLLL YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

BOOM BABY.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

@Dead, And what's bad in 114? Me not voting for a day or two isn't really bad. 102 is pretty short and just summarizes a past reason given.

@Thor, That's a reason for more on JT's idea being bad. Reads wall later will expand, but summary for you is

a. day 2 and day 3 voting with the n vote connecting with the second reason while the jesse vote being on one thing (voting n over sixty when they were being a very likely lynch is a scum tell how) plus us having jesse as a town read,

b. 640 doesn't really respond to point in 638,

c. Sheer amount of beard pushing when it comes to some reads with minimal other reasoning. I know you can use logic but in this game you can say beard plus a short reason and it's working,

d. Read flow has problems. Why is piggy town? You unvoted her and voted someone else but after unvoting them you just kept on elsewhere without ever really going back and explaining how she's town. Absta to a lesser extent since before his replace out you didn't mention him much and it was usually more not understanding him or finding him a bit scummy (unless the replace out by itself is enough to go from null/scum to town). Vote voided after little mention of him with the main scum mention was my scum read on him made sense, and linked to the next one

e. Lack of true force with each scum read. Right now you're suspecting jesse. Before n. Didn't really like sixty but stayed on n. Both you've not really pushing hard (n I realize was related to being a counter wagon but that doesn't nullify this). The only person you've fosed a lot and pushed quite a bit for their lynch after the first couple of pages was voided who even there wasn't really your lynch. I'd expect you to being pushing and leading more lynch wise, but that's lacking. Remind me who you're scum reads are and how you're currently pushing a lot for their lynch?

a and b naturally being added after OS's wall, but the other 3 being the main ones (d being the most important I want an explanation to).

And jesse pretty sure you're forgetting to reply to a question in OS's wall.

~Mehdi
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 667, Soul2277 wrote:And jesse pretty sure you're forgetting to reply to a question in OS's wall.

Wait I'm legitimately missing it somehow.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Near the very end of the wall. It's below the last thing he quoted in the wall.

~Mehdi
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Would you like me to eat that case alive now, or wait for you to expand on it and eat it alive then?
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

Oh okay got it I completely missed that question at the end twice, not really sure how. Anyways on JT I have a fairly solid town read at the moment. I wouldn't bet anything on it and its nowhere near the top of my list but I feel comfortable with the directions JT are heading. On Soul I have a leaning scum read. Again, its nowhere near the strongest scum read but two of my heavier scum reads have wagons on them right now and I'm really really interested in seeing who's going to pick which direction and why. I would feel fairly safe with a Soul lynch because they're a player I have some difficulty reading (apparently literally as well) but I feel like I'm really waiting for the meatier part of the day to approach.
JesseSheffield
JesseSheffield
Goon
JesseSheffield
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by JesseSheffield »

In post 670, Thor665 wrote:Would you like me to eat that case alive now, or wait for you to expand on it and eat it alive then?

I, for one, would really like to see you try.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Are you kidding?
Did you even read his case?
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Either way. It's the same arguments (just one actually bothers to quote things and say things in more detail) so I'd expect the response to be the same.

Jesse how can you're other two scum reads have wagons on them? There's 3 wagons and one is on us, second on thor, and 3rd on you. It can't be us or you so assuming thor is one where is the other wagoned scum read hiding?

~Mehdi

Return to “Completed Open Games”