NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 621, Untrod Tripod wrote:...it's still a scum read.

There are two lignments: Scum & town. If you're saying that if DY being scum makes Piggy town, then if DY is scum then that's ultimately a (strong) read on Piggy being town. I don't think my rweads were exceptionally good (the GB thing for one), but I think you're scum trust trying to create fictional scumteams at the length you're going to try to incriminate RC.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.03

Untrod Tripod (4)- Empking, Plan B, JacobSavage, RedCoyote
Nostredeus (3)- 4nxi3ty, Gentlemen Bastards, N
Empking (2)- Untrod Tripod, Nostredeus

Not voting: F-16_Fighting_Falcon

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

V/LA

Nostredeus- Until Sunday

Deadline

9th December, 10pm AEDT
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

cool, I'll just post all of my reads from now on as "scum...or town!"

I was really just talking to RC. You don't need to defend the reads.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:31 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 618, RedCoyote wrote:

I think that's a pretty damn good track record right there.

As to GB's point about me sheeping, would it help if I gave y'all some town meta of me doing this? I know how valuable that is to both of y'all. I don't mind following the leader if I don't believe I have a good grasp on the game. It doesn't mean that I won't contribute, but I think nothing wrong with calling out townreads and then joining up with them. I'll still scrutinize Empking or Plan B if I deem necessary, but as of now they've both got my support to continue in the way they have been.
I suppose I could point out how gambler's fallacy applies to your sheep empking plan. Why not sheep regfan, he has a good record of catching scum?

On an unrelated note, I don't know how Nost gets to his scumread on me given that he didn't ever mention me or Number Six in his catchup post. You'd think he'd slip something in there like "didn't like X post" or something.
maybe he has another reason for wanting to show suspicion on you that doesn't involve getting you lynched?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:35 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

also I'm not going to "lengths" to "incriminate" RC. I've only said in one post that he seemed scummy and it was pretty recent.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding JacobSavage.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Of all the viable wagons, I think Nost is scum based on the fake towntell. My initial impression was that Nost didn't read that thread and the fact that he called DY town seemed to show that he was unaware of the flips. fails to address this. Nost, obviously read the OP where it was mentioned that Nero and DY were dead since he knew that Nero was dead. I am undecided on UT.

@ RedCoyote, yes it would help if you gave town-meta of you sheeping. Also, there are plenty of players still alive. I don't think it is a good idea for investigators to out yet.

@ UT, okay, I can see where you came up with that interpretation. I am not sold on Empking being scum though.

VOTE: Nostredeus
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Hello everyone...
Reading through and I personally think that we should wait for Nost to settle in before we start putting him to L-1, thats just a personal preferance. Secondly I dont think he is scum, a little confused yes, but not scum.

I still think that a UT lynch despite the fact he is my husband, is the best move for today.

@Mod
I forgot to mention, I will have limited access until Wednesday at 4pm GMT so won't be posting as much.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

So to be clear you guys are saying that after 3 days your strongest scum read is down to me mis-spelling a name after reading 25 pages in a ridiculously short time? Really?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 633, Nostredeus wrote:So to be clear you guys are saying that after 3 days your strongest scum read is down to me mis-spelling a name after reading 25 pages in a ridiculously short time? Really?

Whose name did you mis-spell?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Post by N »

In post 633, Nostredeus wrote:So to be clear you guys are saying that after 3 days your strongest scum read is down to me mis-spelling a name after reading 25 pages in a ridiculously short time? Really?

No.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:00 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Empire was meant to take over this game for the weekend while I was busy but he seems to have got swept up in finals studying plus he's a lazy ass so I'll get to this game in a few hours. I do have a few offline snippet messages from him though which just amount to him still being very confident in Nost-Scum and harbouring paranoia about RC - he can expand on those himself if he turns up in the next day or so.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:18 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

stop avoiding the real issue and explain your FoS on RC.
Plan B
Plan B
Goon
Plan B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Plan B »

Gosh, that'd be silly, now, wouldn't it?

I agree with the fake Town tells argument. Trying to dismiss it as simply a matter of spelling mistakes is incredibly weak and avoids the point entirely.

@ Nostredeus

How do you think Empking is more scummy than Untrod Tripod specifically with respect to the Toon Fighter lynch?

In post 631, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ UT, okay, I can see where you came up with that interpretation. I am not sold on Empking being scum though.

Agree about Empking, but disagree on the Untrod Tripod point. I've been through that exchange multiple times, and just can't see it.

One thing that bothers me about this is that Untrod Tripod had absolutely no indicated scum read on either of those slots, then pops out a tenuous connection between DoomYoshi and Empking. With the DoomYoshi scum flip, I find it much more likely that this was a case of connect a buddy to a Townie.

I could see a Town mindset if Untrod Tripod had been strongly suspicious of DoomYoshi before that, then thought Empking showed signs of being a partner.

In post 623, N wrote:So, in your opinion, the entire wagon on a claimed town power role on day 1 was town? I find that unlikely.

You aren't reading my posts, are you? Try doing that, then get back to me.

In post 618, RedCoyote wrote:I think the town is missing a natural leader here.

I think this is part of why Demon Core ate a bullet Night 1. He was kind of assuming that role on Day 1. So, his final scum reads list must have presented a problem. If he'd been way far off base, letting him lead the Town the wrong way would've been more productive.
In post 425, Demon Core wrote:Scummy people:
N (not acting like a townie being wagoned, is pretty much keeping his head down in response to pressure)
Piggy (already been over this)

UT (Law&Order tell)
Red Coyote (he just is)
adorkable (posting is too snipey for my liking; insists on sitting on and inconsequential wagon without really advancing it)
Toon Fighter (for GB's reasons)

There's too many people on this list... D:

Untrod Tripod is the summiest of the five players on both mislynches and he's the only one on Demon Core's list. His late (therefore, recent) entrance to Demon Core's list would have been prominent. This is a good lynch on very probable scum. Anyone who's undecided should join in.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:15 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, I hate to sound like a broken record, but Nost's continued posting gives me absolutely no comfort in that slot. As 4nx just commented on, he's somehow making himself look worse with each consecutive post. Frankly, I don't think that happens all too often with replacements.

F-16 631 wrote:@ RedCoyote, yes it would help if you gave town-meta of you sheeping.

Open 304: Hard Boiled (PR)
Open 284: Tit for tat (VT)

Sometimes I just find it more powerful to join those that I agree with and give them support than I do try and force myself to have a fiercely independent leading role in the town. I'm certainly not kicking back and planning to take the rest of the game off, mind you. This is just how I think I may be most beneficial for the town right now.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh sorry, plan b, I forgot that there was a protocol for publicly deciding scum reads. what paperwork did I forget to fill out? could it not have been...THAT EXCHANGE SPECIFICALLY that gave me a scumread on them? nahhhhhhhhhhh that'd make entirely too much sense. best to say that it's obvscum tactics because I hadn't indicated a scumread before that point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am

Post by RedCoyote »

That's right, UT. Everyone but you is scum.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

....how is that at all what I said?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The point I'm getting at is that just because someone is voting you doesn't necessarily mean they're being illogical or scummy. I think if you spent more time on offense instead of defense, you'd get farther. Far be it from me to tell you how you should act in this situation you got yourself into though.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

there's a wagon on me right now, it's time for defense.

I'm also a little weirded out by you claiming I was calling plan b scum when I clearly wasn't doing that, but whatevs
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

@ Nost, the suspicion on you has little to do with a mispelling - it is based on you saying DY is town which seems like a towntell of someone who hadn't read the opening post or seen the flips. However, when you mentioned Nero, it is obvious that you have seen the flips. Now if you have seen the flips, why not edit out the part where you called DY town?

Stuff to re-read:
- RC's meta
- Whether UT was suspicious of DY before he brought up the Empking relationship.

It seems like if UT and Nost crossvote, we'll hit a deadlock. Someone's gotta switch over.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 637, 4nxi3ty wrote:

stop avoiding the real issue and explain your FoS on RC.

RC Is buddying up to Emp based on Emp's reads; which is interesting because:

In post 638, Plan B wrote:
How do you think Empking is more scummy than Untrod Tripod specifically with respect to the Toon Fighter lynch?

Can you quote for me, like at any point, where you think Emp gives any justification for the Toon lynch. I don't even mean in the post where Emp votes for Toon, I mean at all in Day 2; like I might even accept a post which mentions Toon for the chuckles of it, or even a post made on Day 2 which only vaguely implies a read on Toon. If you can't then presumably you'll be joining me on the Emp wagon right?

@Everyone
on my wagon right now: In fact I'll let any of you have a go, a single Toon read made on day 2 for the lynch that Emp then shuffled on to...

IN FACT
; you know what, fuck that, give me a single Scum read on Toon made by Empking IN THE ENTIRE GAME. If you can't see why Emp needs rope we've got more problems than me posting a mistaken draft, Emp even calls Toon town in the only read of Toon he/she actually does make.

In post 645, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:@ Nost, the suspicion on you has little to do with a mispelling - it is based on you saying DY is town which seems like a towntell of someone who hadn't read the opening post or seen the flips. However, when you mentioned Nero, it is obvious that you have seen the flips. Now if you have seen the flips, why not edit out the part where you called DY town?

Stuff to re-read:
- RC's meta
- Whether UT was suspicious of DY before he brought up the Empking relationship.

It seems like if UT and Nost crossvote, we'll hit a deadlock. Someone's gotta switch over.

Or, as I literally said straight after my mistake instead of trying to leverage it, perhaps it was a working draft that I was writing as a read through the game but forgot to update before I posted? Look at the time it took for me to read those 25 pages, look at the structure of my reads post and then ask yourself; does this look like a working draft that was written as the thread was read through at speed? Clearly I read the game at speed, mis-spelt Demoncore as Doomcore because we have a player called Doomyoshi then posted an unfinished draft before IMMEDIATELY correcting it.

This is properly derp and all it is doing is letting scum get away with making statements about an obvious mistake instead of actual reads; town are letting it happen instead of presenting reads that require scum to put forward potentially damaging opinions.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Empking »

In post 646, Nostredeus wrote:you know what, fuck that, give me a single Scum read on Toon made by Empking IN THE ENTIRE GAME. If you can't see why Emp needs rope we've got more problems than me posting a mistaken draft, Emp even calls Toon town in the only read of Toon he/she actually does make.

Don't pretend that I didn't mention DC's list several times on D2 as the place to look.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by N »

In post 646, Nostredeus wrote:Or, as I literally said straight after my mistake instead of trying to leverage it, perhaps it was a working draft that I was writing as a read through the game but forgot to update before I posted? Look at the time it took for me to read those 25 pages, look at the structure of my reads post and then ask yourself; does this look like a working draft that was written as the thread was read through at speed? Clearly I read the game at speed, mis-spelt Demoncore as Doomcore because we have a player called Doomyoshi then posted an unfinished draft before IMMEDIATELY correcting it.

The fact that you think that's the only thing people are complaining about from your replace in post shows even more so that you're either not reading the thread or are deliberately pretending to misunderstand things. (Second option seems more likely to me.)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

The game that was eating up all my spare time is finally over so now I'll have plenty of time to get to this one tonight.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”