Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

@ Thor - I have played 1 game with you, it's ongoing so i can't comment on it.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

You seem to have really personal and intense opinions considering a limited play exposure - why is that?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

because i'm not an idiot. I can look through your games and see you aren't very great at leading town on scum lynches day 1. SO anyone who says "Sheep thor because he is thor" is an idiot.

the whole game is dumb and we don't know why we're good at it and nobody knows what is going on and we're all going to have to accept that
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Leon: Thanks for a straightforward answer in your first post.
In post 105, Devourer359 wrote:Just a note. I just finished reading the thread, and I probably won't have time to comment on anything today.

@Devourer: I probably wouldn't vote for you, if you looked intent on being a bit more helpful in your first post.
vote: Devourer359
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Jake - How many people are great at that? I'd be willing to bet my success rate for Day 1 lynches is better than average. I mean, seriously, Ooooh, Thor isn't right all the time on Day 1...shock.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 174, Thor665 wrote:...bwuh?
You said you found my scumread scummy - I wanted you to explain why (since I'd never made one).
You then dodged and dodged till this point.
Tell me thepost or comment I made BEFORE THIS where you decided I had a scumread...where is it? What post? That's what I wanted from you and kept requesting from you, and now we're here with me "implying" it *after* you got the vibe from me...so...the hell?

You never said what your vote was for. You voted and said 'wagon ho' and then asked me why I was ignoring the wagon. What do you expect me to think? Especially the asking me about the wagon part.

But lets not continue arguing BULLSHIT about perception / reality in this case. The endgames of both sides of our arguments is going to come to: "But you communicated poorly, its not my fault". And this conversation is a huge distraction from, you know, scumhunting. So lets not argue semantics and communication 101.
------------

In post 174, Thor665 wrote:AP's stance is that I'm scum.
My stance is that AP is scumhunting in poor ways.
We could easily both be wrong, also either of us could theoretically be right, or both right.
I strongly beleive I'm right and know he's wrong - but the point is for you to say what you believe and why. It's really not that complicated of a dustup.

What was the point of this post? Its 100% meaningless. And SD's opinion that we aren't both scum was not anything worth commenting on as that should be obvious.

Yes, Thor, but his point is that in you/Zipper games, you haven't done anything to show zipper that you are a strong sheep candidate. So why is Zipper sheeping you? But you are ignoring that point and walking down a different path. You are an expert at starting meaningless distracting tangents. Whats the buzzword? Smokescreening? Muddying the waters?
MaverickMaestro
MaverickMaestro
Goon
MaverickMaestro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 am

Post by MaverickMaestro »

In post 171, kushm4sta wrote:
MM--He said he likes to be active but his recent activity is 1 liners and not many at that. Really weak, scared play so far. You will see if you ISO him.

I've been at work, I'm tired. Sue me.
"When you play the game of Mafia, you lynch or you die. There is no middle ground."
Telo in Newbie 1280: "Also learned that you shouldn't delete your role PM. I forgot who I was in this game. When you guys asked me to claim I couldn't because I couldn't remember who I was."
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Dave168 »

@Devourer: So you had time to read the entire thread to that point, but not any time to actually say anything beyond a one line note?

@MM: Recently I read a game which was won by a scum complaining of tiredness, overwork, kids to look after... you can see how your response could be interpreted in more than one way?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 180, AngryPidgeon wrote:You never said what your vote was for. You voted and said 'wagon ho' and then asked me why I was ignoring the wagon. What do you expect me to think? Especially the asking me about the wagon part.

I don't need to believe in wagon to ask people their opinion on a wagon.
Also, I kind of think 'wagon ho!' is actually *really clear* as far as intent goes.

In post 180, AngryPidgeon wrote:The endgames of both sides of our arguments is going to come to: "But you communicated poorly, its not my fault". And this conversation is a huge distraction from, you know, scumhunting. So lets not argue semantics and communication 101.

I'm fine with that as long as you drop the parts of your case on me based on your poor reading comprehension and leaping to conclusions.
My take from it all was to call you 'derp' so I'll actually suggest I was fairly accurate in my perception of what was happening. ;)

In post 180, AngryPidgeon wrote:What was the point of this post? Its 100% meaningless. And SD's opinion that we aren't both scum was not anything worth commenting on as that should be obvious.

I was explaining to him how he couldn't hand wave away an opinion of it, and pointed out that all variables were possible and what was important was him expressing his own thoughts. His conclusion was the default 'two people arguing, probably one town and one scum' bleh that often bites town - I didn't want it out there.

In post 180, AngryPidgeon wrote:Yes, Thor, but his point is that in you/Zipper games, you haven't done anything to show zipper that you are a strong sheep candidate. So why is Zipper sheeping you? But you are ignoring that point and walking down a different path. You are an expert at starting meaningless distracting tangents. Whats the buzzword? Smokescreening? Muddying the waters?

Well, actually I could probably answer the Zipper sheep aspect quite easily myself.
Also, I'm mostly just intrigued by Jake's reaction to me because it felt like a personal attack, and now he's shifting it to an odd logic attack. Here, let me ask your opinion on it;

'He's basically saying Zipper sheeping me is bad because I have been wrong...on Day 1'

Is that really a logical basis to argue? (it might be depending on, say, Jake's Day 1 accuracy, or his belief that my Day 1 accuracy is below average...but just to say I've been wrong Day 1 is hardly an impressive call and not actually worth calling out as a specific...or is that just me? What are your thoughts?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:20 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Re zipper: No, thats not the point.

Bad/good doesn't matter. The point is that it is strange that Zipper is sheeping you given that you haven't necessarily played well in the 2 games you were in with him. Why is zipper so excited to sheep you? It does not matter whether or not its a good/bad idea.
The point
is that Zipper is going out of his way to do something (sheep you) when there is not any obvious reason for him to do so. Its weird behavior. Is it scummy? IDK. Maybe. I tend to doubt scum would be so blatant about sheeping someone in general.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

Are you asking me to answer that for Zipper?
Because, like I said above, I think I could.

Also, could you answer my question, even if you don't think it's the point of Jake, it is my point.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:37 am

In post 179, Thor665 wrote:@Jake - How many people are great at that? I'd be willing to bet my success rate for Day 1 lynches is better than average. I mean, seriously, Ooooh, Thor isn't right all the time on Day 1...shock.

U mad bro?

Why does my opinion bother you so much? Telling people to rely on their own reads and not sheep is good play, yet you get so offended. As if your play THIS game has been something spectacular. It hasn't. Your votes aren't very good neither is the reasoning behind them.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Sure, answer away. I don't think Zipper is scum anyhow.

Re Jake: He DID start by saying that sheeping you in general is bad. And then he evolved that into pressuring Zipper about his motives for doing it, citing his only games with you as reasons for Zipper's behavior being odd.

Is that really a logical basis to
argue?
(it might be depending on, say, Jake's Day 1 accuracy, or his belief that my Day 1 accuracy is below average...but just to say I've been wrong Day 1 is hardly an impressive call and not actually worth calling out as a specific...or is that just me? What are your thoughts?

Jake can correct me if Im wrong. He has 2 points. His point about you in general not finding scum D1 are troll and not impressive, agreed. And I don't think they were intended to be serious.

But he is also pointing out that
in the 2 games you played with zipper
you gave zipper no compelling reason to sheep you. So Zipper's blatant sheeping of you is odd. And I agree.

And I bolded argue because I would argue that Jake is not arguing a case, but rather questioning Zipper's motives.

(Damn you are good at getting me to waffle and talk about other things)

tl;dr: Zipper and Jake probably aren't scum. Are you trying to get me to say that Jake is discrediting you and that I shouldnt give him a free pass for that?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 166, Jake from State Farm wrote:Newbie 991 - Scum won that game, Thor got modkilled for a mod error was about to be lynched, he thought you were scum and he didn't have strong scum reads on who scum actually was.

Also, could you explain this.
I went back and looked.
My second top scumspect was scum.
My third top scumspect was the other scum.
My first was town.

I'd also called four town players town accurately.

Where'd you get your info on my suspicions?

Also, though I agree my reads were off in 1015...that is also a game showing me *actively taking in other opinions and running with them because I accepted that I was wrong'
So...?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Jake, you do see what Thor is doing right?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 186, Jake from State Farm wrote:U mad bro?

Yeah, I could accept that I am to some degree. What of it? You insulted me, did you *not* want me mad?

In post 187, AngryPidgeon wrote:Sure, answer away. I don't think Zipper is scum anyhow.

Zipper liked my play enough he invited me to come play in a game he modded on a different site.
I owned the scum hard in that game and did rather well in the other game I played on that site. Really, even just the invitation suggested he liked something about my play - so the sheep thought seems highly logical to follow.

In post 187, AngryPidgeon wrote:Jake can correct me if Im wrong. He has 2 points. His point about you in general not finding scum D1 are troll and not impressive, agreed. And I don't think they were intended to be serious.

Maybe - if it wasn't meant to be serious it's less bothersome.
It felt serious to me.

In post 187, AngryPidgeon wrote:And I bolded argue because I would argue that Jake is not arguing a case, but rather questioning Zipper's motives.

Eh - he's advancing an opinion and thumping back at me when I attack it, that's an argument - but this is semantics.

In post 187, AngryPidgeon wrote:Are you trying to get me to say that Jake is discrediting you and that I shouldnt give him a free pass for that?

Considering your issues with me discrediting you and then also your issues with contradictions from D3x being obv. scummy - yeah, the difference of opinion is interesting.
Just me?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 190, Thor665 wrote:Zipper liked my play enough he invited me to come play in a game he modded on a different site.
I owned the scum hard in that game and did rather well in the other game I played on that site. Really, even just the invitation suggested he liked something about my play - so the sheep thought seems highly logical to follow.

Cool, so this pretty much negates Jake's line of questioning and this entire offshoot that is spawned. Im glad we can drop it now.

In post 190, Thor665 wrote:Eh - he's advancing an opinion and thumping back at me when I attack it, that's an argument - but this is semantics.

If you had just said the above ^^^ sooner then you would have made a valid point explaining Zipper's seemingly scummy actions and not wasted tons of time spamming the thread. This is why you are scum.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 am

I offended you? Is this elementary school? Do we need to sit in a circle holding hands talking about feelings?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. If you get offended because somebody doesn't like your playstyle go talk to a therapist.

This conversation is pointless.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 am

In post 189, AngryPidgeon wrote:Jake, you do see what Thor is doing right?

He's finding yet another excuse not to scumhunt?

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

^ that but also he is successfully preventing other people from scumhunting.
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 192, Jake from State Farm wrote:I offended you? Is this elementary school? Do we need to sit in a circle holding hands talking about feelings?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. If you get offended because somebody doesn't like your playstyle go talk to a therapist.

Although I will go back and read a lot of AP/Thor exchange, and look for a deeper understanding of this game in general, the word "pointless" does seem to cover the AP/Thor exchange reasonably well, to my current level of understanding... Not sure there are any nuggets to mine there... time will tell.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Dave, are you on Thor's team?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:09 pm

In post 195, Dave168 wrote:
In post 192, Jake from State Farm wrote:I offended you? Is this elementary school? Do we need to sit in a circle holding hands talking about feelings?

Although I will go back and read a lot of AP/Thor exchange, and look for a deeper understanding of this game in general, the word "pointless" does seem to cover the AP/Thor exchange reasonably well, to my current level of understanding... Not sure there are any nuggets to mine there... time will tell.

I was referring to the entire conversation revolving around my opinion of Thor

Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Dave168 »

In post 196, AngryPidgeon wrote:Dave, are you on Thor's team?

No, are you?
Dave168
Dave168
Goon
Dave168
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

Post by Dave168 »

EBWOP - I read that question as "scum team".

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”