Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kthxbye wrote:Meph: no thoughts on the voting patterns of slandaar?

What voting pattern? His only vote (until just recently) was for absta101. That's not a pattern, that's a single vote.

While Conman's posting so far has been pretty poor, I find nothing inherently scummy with it. I don't like the recent votes on him for VI play; havingfitz and Slandaar both seem very opportunistic here. (Gorgon's vote falls into this category, but his rationale is explained and his posts thus far in the thread give me no reason to be suspicious of him.)

This does give me all the more reason to keep my vote on Slandaar, but havingfitz needs looked at as well.
FoS: havingfitz
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Meph: it was sarcasm as you posted and mentioned nothing about it. Conman's posting is very poor but has all the markings and noob scum, not idiot town. Though the other votes on him came quick, they are justified imo. Why do you not find his posts inherently scummy? Do they not look indicative of noob scum? If not, how are they idiot town? More-over, havingfitz has 3 posts....what is there that needs looked at?

Meph's post in defense of Conman has me concernicus. It is basically a 'hey guys, let's look elsewhere even though Conman's posts are scummier than dirty pond water'. If/when Conman turns up scum, Meph will be the one needing looked at.

FoS: Meph
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

Meph...how is my vote on Conman more suspect than Gorgon's?

It is for essentially the same reasons as Gorgon expressed, but as it came only 2 post later there was no reason to be redundant.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 am

Post by qwints »

In post 76, Mephistopheles wrote:

While Conman's posting so far has been pretty poor, I find nothing inherently scummy with it. I don't like the recent votes on him for VI play

It's not VI play, it's noob scum play. 3 votes in 3 posts - all on people who already have votes, none with good reasons.

UNVOTE: Kthxbye
VOTE: TheConman17
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:44 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Vote Tally 1.2

TheConman17 (L - 2):
Kthxbye, Gorgon, havingfitz, Slandaar, qwints
KthxBye (L- 4):
theaceofspades, Huntress, TheConman17
Nobody Special (L- 5):
Singer is Nachomamma, Saint Kerrigan
Slandaar (L - 6):
Mephistopheles
havingfitz (L - 6):
Nobody Special

Pacifists (Not Voting):
absta101

((expired on 2012-12-24 23:59:59))

Saint Kerrigan (L - 7):

theaceofspades (L - 7):

Gorgon (L - 7):

Mephistopheles (L - 7):

Huntress (L - 7):

absta101 (L - 7):

Singer is Nachomamma (L - 7):

qwints (L - 7):
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 am

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 58, qwints wrote:

I find it pretty had to believe scum is worried about getting lynched right now, but I could buy that they would be trying to get out from under the spot light without being too obvious about it. Both players seem scummy to me right now, but kthxbye's hyperactivity - the large number of votes + "hey guys, I'm scumhunting!" - is scummier.

UNVOTE: absta101
VOTE: Kthxbye

This is pretty much what I'm thinking right now. kthxbye seems to be floundering to me. It would be a clever move to vote for your scum buddy and then to slide onto the second largest wagon. Not inherently suspicious and you can make "good" arguments that are really just repeating what was already said.

Kthxbye also brings up his scum hunting to much in my opinion. Like he's a magician and he's frantically waving his hand trying to distract you. Which makes me believe the scum are in enough danger to really scare them. What kind of danger could that be? Maybe one's in danger of being lynched and the other is a close second? That's what I'm thinking
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Ace: what posts of mine lead you to your conclusions, both the floundering and the magician comments.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 am

Post by qwints »

Ace, I'm glad you liked my post about Kthxbye. How about sheeping me and voting for the obvious noob scum?
Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles
Townie
Mephistopheles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kthxbye wrote:Meph: it was sarcasm as you posted and mentioned nothing about it. Conman's posting is very poor but has all the markings and noob scum, not idiot town. Though the other votes on him came quick, they are justified imo. Why do you not find his posts inherently scummy? Do they not look indicative of noob scum? If not, how are they idiot town? More-over, havingfitz has 3 posts....what is there that needs looked at?

I don't find his posts, up to this point, indicative of either alignment. You can label his erratic voting and piss-poor posts as the play of noob scum, or you could label them as a new player who is just playing an extremely poor town game, but is, in an ineffectual way, trying to find scum. I'm not endorsing either theory, I'm just saying I don't have enough to go off of to make any statements from his play other than "obvious new player."

It's really easy to take VI type play and label it as scum without contemplating the alternative. Scum can hide behind this all day if Town are doing it as well.

To everyone voting Conman:
What is the defining characteristic that makes Conman more likely to be scum than Town right now?

havingfitz wrote:Meph...how is my vote on Conman more suspect than Gorgon's?

It is for essentially the same reasons as Gorgon expressed, but as it came only 2 post later there was no reason to be redundant.

I'm not too fond of either Gorgon's vote or your vote, but Gorgon's posting so far feels like it's coming from a protown mindset. You're other posts have just been short questions. Nothing wrong with them on their own, but they don't give me any especially protown or scummy vibes, making me more suspicious of the pile-on.

(This also answers the last part of Kthxbye's post directed at me.)
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 am

Post by qwints »

In post 84, Mephistopheles wrote:To everyone voting Conman: What is the defining characteristic that makes Conman more likely to be scum than Town right now?

In post 79, qwints wrote:3 votes in 3 posts - all on people who already have votes, none with good reasons.

Add to that the fact that he's ignoring what other people are saying to that, and it's really scummy.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 61, TheConman17 wrote:
Vote: Slandar

His voting pattern is suspicious an he seems to be one of the scum.

In post 62, Nobody Special wrote:What troubles you about his voting pattern?

In post 67, TheConman17 wrote:Well kthxbye you seem rather quick to try and take votes of yourself and try to blame other people but I guess I haven't been reading much because I have been at a lacrosse tournament and am really just spamming but you do seem to have a past history with this forum and with the points mentioned above...
UNVOTE

VOTE: kthxbye

Lets all guess why he didn't answer NS.

also;
In post 76, Mephistopheles wrote:
What voting pattern? His only vote (until just recently) was for absta101. That's not a pattern, that's a single vote.

Amazing.

Why isn't any of this inventing arguments scummy again meph? do tell.
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

In post 65, Mephistopheles wrote:Why do you feel like the Kthxbye vote was not as substantial as Sladaar's vague meta statements?

They were vague, but both parties knew exactly what he was referring to. Thus it's a great deal more personal pressure, which is a much better use of a vote than the other garbage they were voting kthx for.

In post 72, Gorgon wrote:That said, his last vote reads like a pretty scummy OMGUS vote, so he gets my vote for that. Truth to tell though, I often find it harder to read newbies than more seasoned players as they can be pretty erratic and don't confirm with norms of Mafia behavior - but a scumtell is a scumtell.

mmmmmmmmmm
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:02 am

Post by absta101 »

@Huntress
Huntress wrote:@ absta: It was the impression I got. As to why scum-absta would do it? He might not want people to notice he was slipping off his buddy's wagon before it got too late. I note you were quick to come in and defend Kthxbye. Why did you unvote at that point? Who do you think is scum?
So your suspicion of me relies on Kthx being scum. Good to know. What makes him scum?

Why is your first question helpful to you?
My vote on Kthx wasn't serious. I unvote when I feel like the game can go on without RVS. When would town-absta unvote?
---
@Slandaar
Slandaar wrote:I don't remember any history lessons in this game, I expected Absta to vote me but he didn't, I find that less than town; he did not do what I expected town him to do, could I be wrong? yes, but weighing up the arguments I liked an Absta vote better.
Why did you expect me to vote you?
About half the game, how is this relevant to anything?
I've forgotten why I asked this.

Anyway, I don't think you and me know each other too well. I don't see why your vote was on me.
---
SiN wrote:why aren't you voting her?
She isn't vote worthy yet and I don't feel like voting by gut.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

unvote

Vote: Conman

Kill it with fire.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Gorgon »

In post 84, Mephistopheles wrote:
To everyone voting Conman:
What is the defining characteristic that makes Conman more likely to be scum than Town right now?

Being pretty anal about my statistics, I'm not sure I would be ready to say right now that he's more likely scum than town (a pretty bold assertion considering the factors at hand), but I would be willing to bet that the chances of him being scum are better than random, which is enough to warrant a vote at this stage.

Anyway, as I said in my vote post his kneejerk OMGUS vote was a red flag. I read it as such because Kthxbye devotes the post that Conman was responding to mainly to complaining about lurkers (something that I myself feel is a problem in this game btw) and then votes Conman for lurking and not paying attention, and Conman responds to this by saying that Kthxbye is 'rather quick to try and take votes of [himself] and try to blame other people', where other people seems to mean just him, Conman. If this was really referring to Kthxbye's behavior in general, I'd have thought that Conman would have said something about Kthxbye earlier, which he never did. And the blaming other people part seems pretty weird in a game that's all about finding some fault with the other players (although it could be a newbie thing, but I get a bad vibe from it). Adding fuel to the kneejerk-feel fire, Conman completely ignores NS's question about the reason behind his earlier vote - as Slandaar has already pointed out.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Gorgon »

In post 89, Nobody Special wrote:
unvote

Kill it with fire.

I only saw this after I posted my above comment. Seems like Conman is now at L-1 which I'm not comfortable with this early in the game with too little activity from too many players. Premature hammering is always something of a possibility in this scenario and I wouldn't like that one bit.

UNVOTE:
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Okay i am ready to pay more attention to this thread I have honestly just been spamming because I play mafia on ikariam forum so this is not my first time. I play a lot of lacrosse and have schooling so I am really stressed but never mind that I have been looking over the thread and now have to say these players seem experienced and for my
my first game on this forum
do you honestly think he would put me as scum because I could not know anything and just go on and say something stupid wheres if I was a Towney that would be more logical as more skilled players should be on the mafia and if I messed up then it wouldn't matter as the mafia would already know that I was a Towney.
SO since my last votes were stupid
UNVOTE
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

In post 89, Nobody Special wrote:
unvote

Kill it with fire.

Honestly besides the fact that it was me: that made my day
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Post by qwints »

In post 92, TheConman17 wrote:for my my first game on this forum do you honestly think he would put me as scum

Role assignments are random. A brand new player is as likely to have any role as anyone else.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 92, TheConman17 wrote:Okay i am ready to pay more attention to this thread I have honestly just been spamming because I play mafia on ikariam forum so this is not my first time. I play a lot of lacrosse and have schooling so I am really stressed but never mind that I have been looking over the thread and now have to say these players seem experienced and for my
my first game on this forum
do you honestly think he would put me as scum
because I could not know anything and just go on and say something stupid wheres
if I was a Towney
that would be more logical as more skilled players should be on the mafia and
if I messed up then it wouldn't matter as the mafia would already know that I was a Towney
SO since my last votes were stupid
UNVOTE

Bolding is mine. First off, yes, the mod would and could and probably did put you as scum. That's assuming the Mod knew this was your first game on this site.

Secondly, scumslip number 2 perhaps? "if I was a Towney"? Really?

Being a bad towny is just as bad as being a bad scum since if you're town, nobody in their right mind would ignore your scumminess.

Confirm vote: TheConman17
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Oh well on ikariam votes are chosen by the mod an are not random and you took what I said out of context I did say if I was a Towney but that was in comparison to the scum part. Also personally I don't believe in a day one lynch because you should wait to see who gets killed because that always has a comparison to what has been said on the forum.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

I mean on ikariam roles are chosen by the mod and are not at random
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

But I do have to say kthxbye's scum strategy seems to be that when someone finds something suspicious about him he try's to get people to vote for other people by fos or vote (even though some people aren't being scummy (meph)) and when that doesn't work jump on a bandwagon
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

CONMAN IS TOWN GET THE FUCK OFF
GET THE FUCK OFF NOW

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”