OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"In light of the results of this recent contest, I think we can say where Seuss's loyalty lies. In light of that, perhaps MZB has a point in thinking that we should look a little closer at some of our friend's critics."

VOTE: Fred Phelps
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 2 No. 7Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Shakespeare - 1 (Thomas Pynchon)
Edgar Allan Poe - 0
James Joyce - 0
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 1 (Seuss)
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 1 (Phelps)
Gregory Williamson - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Rucks)
Spinning Paper - 3 (Kaufman, Joyce, Snicket)
ee cummings - 1 (Shakespeare)
EL James - 0
Fred Phelps - 2 (Danielewski, Wilde)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 2 (Poe, Stein)
Rucks - 1 (EL James)

Not Voting - 7 (Shaft, Confucius, Williamson, cummings, God, Paper, Bradley)

With 20 alive, it's 11 to lynch. Deadline is 12/17 1PM EST

Votes can again be cast for other players.
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
James Joyce
James Joyce
Townie
James Joyce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 am

Post by James Joyce »

Little Janegirl was filthier than even my filthiest wet dreams!

@mod please follow the convention of writing mafia in red please.

l
o
l
n
o
p
e
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Joyce
James Joyce
Townie
James Joyce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:27 am

Post by James Joyce »

VOTE: ee cummings
Dr Seuss
Dr Seuss
Townie
Dr Seuss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 am

Post by Dr Seuss »

In post 299, Confucius wrote:
1.)
Dr. Seuss, answer my questions

In post 341, Confucius wrote: Answer my second question.

3.)
William Shakespeare, answer my question.

In post 411, Confucius wrote:
1.)
William Shakespeare,
answer my questions.

2.)
Edgar Allen Poe,
answer my question.
Bemoaning whether you look like scum is not an answer.

3.)
Gertrude Stein,
answer my questions.

4.)
Jane Austen,
answer my questions.

Confucius has yet to provide any analysis of who HE thinks is scum, and why. The "answer my questions" bit is getting real old, and it has lost its effectiveness already. Nobody's going to answer to you at this rate until you give us some indication that you're actually trying to find scum already.

So, use our collective failure to answer your questions in your analysis if you must. But I'm not answering to you when all you do is ask questions, contribute
NOTHING OF VALUE
to the collective scumhunting effort, and ask for prods. Activity-mongering in lieu of scumhunting is a massive scumtell, and if I weren't back on Lemony Snicket (yay vote count reverting), I'd most certainly be pushing for Confucius' death at this point.
Dr Seuss
Dr Seuss
Townie
Dr Seuss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Dr Seuss »

In post 427, James Joyce wrote:Little Janegirl was filthier than even my filthiest wet dreams!

l
o
l
n
o
p
e

Yet until hope was lost, you supported her and voted for me.
Whyever, however, could that possibly be?
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:15 am

Post by Edgar Allan Poe »

In post 398, James Joyce wrote:WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff Miss Jane Voldemort Austenitz is a heavenly creature of impeccable horse breeding, wearing alluring lace pantaloons overlain with abundant fru-fru. Inside lays a shiny plum peplum where I rest my exhausted spumoni ice cream. Only scumbags would sully the beckoning reputation of this filthy little woman whose ink well gets so excited at the thought of a favorable marriage.

Rhymeful pedofuls, on the other hand, leave me cold.

VOTE: Dr Seuss

In post 410, James Joyce wrote:I realize I was drunk on the smell of Miss Austen's chocolatey petticoats.

Dr Seuss may love chilled run, but he can nut pussy bley be scum. My vote fore him was soaked in tears of gin and whiskey.

While I see the errors of my ways, I would wager a pint that Miss Austen will be found to be a naughty-in-the-bedroom, completely honest piece of citizenry.

In post 413, James Joyce wrote:
In post 412, Jane Austen wrote:...thinks that it would be broken as scum as it is certainly useful for scum?

My beautiful little pig, you know that's just not possible. Why would a scumbag jeopardize his own neck of the woods, and chance a slice on his own juggler? No, Seuss is not a scumbagaroni. He would NOT use this role if pastascum - not with Fraid Feltphs screaming for his demise.

I was very drunk on your enchanting fumes once again, and I swear I counted the votes and calculated and lactated that you were dead. I was very, very far from anything assembling the truth. Inebriation, Sir! Al Kohel said so!

UNVOTE: Seuss

A kill! Kill! Kill!
Thou sir, have went downhill,
Thou hath killed,
killed
, all my thrill,
And now give me the chill.

Vote: James "The Lost" Joyce
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 am

My dear my dear. At once. 1s. 1. 1 is a vote for death. It is a cry for hope. It is malice. 2s. 2. 2 is the dear departed. It is the swallower. It is the fearful. 3s. 3. 3 is the exchange. It is the blinder. It is the traitor; the upriser.
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."
Charlie Kaufman
Charlie Kaufman
Townie
Charlie Kaufman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Charlie Kaufman »

EXT. CAFE - DAY

Paula Garner sits, nodding her head slowly.

PAULA GARNER

So... Jane Austen will be the villain?

Charlie shrugs sideways.

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

One of many, but yes.

PAULA GARNER

What does this mean for everyone else?

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Well...about all I know for sure is that Edgar Allen Poe is a good guy, now. The way Jane tried to get Poe to speak simply so that she could call him a villain with complete disregard for the facts... no way Jane would be silly enough to do that to one of her own at the start of the day!

PAULA GARNER

Interesting. Good work, Charlie. Keep it up.

INT. WAREHOUSE - DAY

Jane Austen's corpse lay in the midst of the remaining group.

EDGAR ALLEN POE

Aha! With Austen dead, look at Mister Joyce! Everything he said just fawned over Miss Austen! Thus, he should clearly die, too!

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Listen, Ed. Do you SINCERELY believe someone would be that obvious about it? I mean, I mean, come on, don't be lazy, look at motivations... Austen was on the edge of death for what seems like an eternity now, do you really think... I mean
REALLY THINK
... that her scumbuddy would be dense enough to make such an obvious connection between the two like that? If so, why? What's the motivation behind it?

Poe strokes his chin.

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Spinning Paper is still about as goddamn bad as they come! I mean, do we need to review the daily editions? Why don't we!

Charlie reaches down and pulls out a stack of newspapers, flipping through them one by one.

In post 269, Spinning Paper wrote:The Room flops - 5 dead.

Vote: Shakespeare

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Look at this! His grand entry into the game, and all he can do is make a joke about the night kill and lay down a reasonless vote on Shakespeare!

In post 287, Spinning Paper wrote:Uproar in academia as Jane Austen and Shakespeare are implicated in the Jimmy Savile scandal.

Unvote, vote: Jane Austen

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

And here, he calls Austen & Shakespeare scum, but switches his vote over to Austen with no reason to vote her over Shakespeare.

Charlie goes to grab the next paper, but looks back at the last one.

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Hmm... yes, why did the paper change votes there? Perhaps, this is the key... an attempt to contribute to the death of a comrade in order to look better? Thoughts, colleagues?
Spinning Paper
Spinning Paper
Townie
Spinning Paper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Spinning Paper »

In post 433, Charlie Kaufman wrote:Look at this! His grand entry into the game, and all he can do is make a joke about the night kill and lay down a reasonless vote on Shakespeare!

Laughs spring eternal.

Vote: Shakespeare

(Ooc: not the nightkill.)
Extra, extra, read all about it!
Fred Phelps
Fred Phelps
Townie
Fred Phelps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Fred Phelps »

@Lord God---
After the fruits I sent you for judgement last night, THIS is how you repay me? Do not stand idly by while these heathens tie me to that fag-lover Jane Austen! Deus Ex Machina me in your Own Holy Name!
Fred Phelps
Fred Phelps
Townie
Fred Phelps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Fred Phelps »

In post 425, OscarWilde wrote:"In light of the results of this recent contest, I think we can say where Seuss's loyalty lies. In light of that, perhaps MZB has a point in thinking that we should look a little closer at some of our friend's critics."

VOTE: Fred Phelps

Oh, you mealy mouthed little worm. Look, I'm man enough to admit that I was mistaken about Seuss, okay?

Doesn't make me scum, you quivering ball of gay passion.
Thomas Pynchon
Thomas Pynchon
Townie
Thomas Pynchon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Thomas Pynchon »

Tomorrow. Promise.
Confucius
Confucius
Goon
Confucius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Confucius »

When a wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger.

~

Dr. Seuss, Post #429 wrote:Confucius has yet to provide any analysis of who HE thinks is scum, and why. The "answer my questions" bit is getting real old, and it has lost its effectiveness already. Nobody's going to answer to you at this rate until you give us some indication that you're actually trying to find scum already.

Read between the lines. The people I question are almost always the people I am suspicious of, and the questions I ask often skirt around the reasons why. The reason I persist in actually getting answers is therefore self-evident, regardless of whether you think it is "getting old."

To be blunt:

1.)
I was suspicious of Jane Austen because she was using politeness as a shield and was not explaining herself sensibly when she was asked questions about her actions.

2.)
I am suspicious of Gertrude Stein in a similar vein because it is very difficult to separate the nonsense from the content, and I have the definite feeling she is doing it purposefully as a shield similar to Jane Austen's.

3.)
I was suspicious of you (Dr. Seuss) because you admitted to lurking for a
month
(instead of simply
being away
for a month) when you of all players have the
least
excuse to do so since your post restriction is so easy to fulfill. And then you hammered somebody while also saying you thought they were Town.

4.)
I am suspicious of Edgar Allen Poe because his thought process does not follow: he ridiculed the players voting for Dr. Seuss but then called four players not voting Dr. Seuss his top suspects. He then acknowledged this inconsistency and promptly avoided it.

5.)
I am suspicious of William Shakespeare because I think he is completely fabricating his "Thomas Pynchon & Marion Zimmer Bradley" connection, and he seems to be using it as a crutch for posting anything of value. If he can sensibly explain the connection that may change my mind, but despite having such a firm opinion on the matter he has failed to expand on his thought process in the slightest.

~

But even with these mild suspicions (none of which was enough to prompt me into a vote up until there were only two options, of which I had an opinion on), I am not ready to vote. This is in part -- as I previously explained -- because I feel I am necessarily focusing on the more active players solely because it is difficult to have an opinion on players who infrequently post. As such I will continue to gently promote activity.
"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger."
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 pm

In post 438, Confucius wrote:4.) I am suspicious of Edgar Allen Poe because his thought process does not follow: he ridiculed the players voting for Dr. Seuss but then called four players not voting Dr. Seuss his top suspects. He then acknowledged this inconsistency and promptly avoided it.

Reading ≠ succeeding.

Misleading ⊆ Misreading.

Proceeding ≤ exceeding.

Pleading > conceding.

IFF

Rereading = leading.
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by Marion Zimmer Bradley »

Mestro Confucius I noticed several not mentioned in your above list in post 438, I wondered if you have had time to formulate an opinion of them yet? I find your insights very helpful in trying to sort out who are the Terrans and I feel, based on your posts, that you are probably of good Darkovan stock. I do need to compare you to your predecessor.

I still have concerns about the Bard and Mestro Stein myself. As for the pressure by some of the players on Mestro Phelps, I have my suspicions of him, but I need to read him more deeply in context to make sure I am not making the same mistake I did early on with God. After all the views held by Metro Phelps as abhorrent and intolerant as they are, do not indicate his alignment.
Lord God
Lord God
Townie
Lord God
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:49 am

Post by Lord God »

I have read and seen that which has happened, but must off to work. I'll speak more on the why, but the what will be [/post], ,
William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare
Townie
William Shakespeare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 am

Post by William Shakespeare »

Together and alone they worked as scum.
In post 71, Thomas Pynchon wrote:There is rope out there with your name on it.
Vote: Zimmer Bradely

In post 223, Marion Zimmer Bradley wrote:

Thomas Pynchon

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

I had my doubts on him at first, but more and more I think he is likely to be town. Abrasive fellow he is, but he is definitely not a Terran.

Town

But Austen's death relights the thread of play.
Fred Phelps
Fred Phelps
Townie
Fred Phelps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 am

Post by Fred Phelps »

In post 427, James Joyce wrote:Little Janegirl was filthier than even my filthiest wet dreams!

l
o
l
n
o
p
e

Oh geez, this queer is town.

See, the Lord came to me in a vision just a few moments ago, and this is what he said:

Three dead people last night. Three. Now, one assumes naturally that with three kills, at least one is a scumteam, and another is a vigilante or serial killer with a third being either a second scumteam or the missing equation of vigilante-slash-serial-killer.

What does that mean? Jane Austin, whose funeral I'll be picketing later, flipped orange. Not the traditional "Red" one would expect for Mafia, as pointed out here by Joyce.

What I'm sayin is that there are probably two scum teams.

And furthermore, James Joyce would have no reason to ask the mod to re-color the flip if he already knew that to be the case.

Those are the words my vision has wrought upon me, and I'll take no part in assisting in the murder of James Joyce, idiot and gay-lover though he may be.

I have other thoughts, but you'll just have to sit on your thumbs and wait till later.
Fred Phelps
Fred Phelps
Townie
Fred Phelps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Fred Phelps »

Oh, no, wait, apparently I'm functionally illiterate and was counting the Rape Enthusiast flavor kill.

Disregard my previous post.
Thomas Pynchon
Thomas Pynchon
Townie
Thomas Pynchon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Thomas Pynchon »

Semi-in-character:

Since THE SITUATION involving Dr. Seuss and Jane Austin has resolved, I have been reviewing the information. I am only at page eight and will attempt to finish tomorrow or Monday. Poe is very likely to be town be town because of his confrontations with Austen. Moliere, the former occupant of Confucius' room, provided an additional reason to vote for Austen, and is somewhat more likely to be town for throwing heat onto that fire. Snicket continues to be a town read, now for his defense of Seuss; I'm not sure he would have done that, working against his buddy Austen. I do not think that Wiseau's vote on Austen is bussing; although, I am still annoyed with Spinning Paper, I'm inclined to look elsewhere. The actions of Austen partially suggest that E. L. James is less likely to be scum because of Austen's attack on Mamet.

Now, let's get into the dirt. Rucks' 143 calls his allegiances into question. They were both made during the initial wagon on Austen. In 147, he says that Poe and Austen's fight felt like two innocent people going at each other's throats, and then turned around and said that both Austen and Poe are scummy. Now, first off, this somewhat contradicts his previous comment, but just as importantly, he's making sure to both defend Austen but also attack her a little to keep all his bases covered. If you look at the posts that Rucks made just following this he strikes out in many directions: Ellis, Snicket, Marlowe and weakly at Mark and Tommy, curiously he does this while softly defending the Bugle, who was a scum read before. The timing of God's 165, coming during the Austen wagon is also slightly suspicious. In that post God strikes at Me, Snicket, Marlowe and Shakespeare.

There is more to do.
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by OscarWilde »

"Mister Phelps, would you say that it's possible for Seuss to be a villain, if we are indeed dealing with multiple factions? If we entertain the consideration of several parties involved in this affair, what does that change about the meaning of recent affairs?"
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Gracious host I would like to declare.
A V/LA till next Thurs-day.
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Shaft »

O, not bedtime yet.

I actually started not to come out to this little gathering here, knowing that our host is a rumored racist... I mean, the man said there'd be chicken, waffles and watermelon as if that was supposed to entice me. I decided I'd come on out since he was kind enough to invite me to be among other highly esteemed people, although my pickup was LATE. But let is be known...if any of you start jiving me, putting on white robes and mask, trying to hang me out by a tree, expect to get a few rounds to the chest.

Peanut head still needs investigation. He's a quiet guy. But, looking over who was in favor of Jane and who wanted to see Seuss gone, my gut grumbles loudest at this one.

Vote Phelps

I notice you were awfully quiet around the time of the duel. You're somewhat louder now that the heat is on, huh?

Mr. Kaufman, what's your deal? Is it wrong for me to grip my steel when you come close?

But for real though, where's the chicken?
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by HP Lovecraft »

The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”