Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 am

Post by projectmatt »

Spoiler: HUGE FREAKING WALL
Smashbard

In post 28, Smashbard wrote:
Vote: Voldemort.

Definitely trying to control the narrative.

An awful, awful awful awful first post. Not only was this an attempt to direct attention to "serious" matters two pages in the game, the tell that he uses here is very poor. I expect somebody like Smashbard to not use painfully dull tells, such as "controlling the narrative".

In post 52, Smashbard wrote:
In post 40, projectmatt wrote:trying to control the narrative isn't a tell, in fact in voldemort's case it's likely a towntell

Tells are subjective and easily defended against. It's the slips you have to look out for.

In post 47, projectmatt wrote:
unvote

vote: smashbard

In post 42, Lord Voldemort wrote:projectmatt, is your vote random?

No.

In post 43, Bacde wrote:
In post 40, projectmatt wrote:trying to control the narrative isn't a tell, in fact in voldemort's case it's likely a towntell

Why is that true specifically in the case of Voldemort?

The way he's approaching the game comes off as an over-eager town, not as a scum trying to take control

Funny how your first post against my vote doesn't lead to a vote until someone else votes me first. You were hesitant to vote for me unless you knew it would be a popular vote. Opportunism noted.

Then why are you pushing on a non-existent tell?

In post 95, Smashbard wrote:I would like to know what your plan b is after you mislynch me though. Obvtown AP is already counting his chickens before they hatch. so don't be surprised when he has egg on his face. But thats ok. He's obv town. :D

Awkwardly outing a scum read on AP while briefly mentioning Thor:

In post 94, Smashbard wrote:Guys.
Thor
and AP are obv town. It's clear because they say it over and over. Therefore it must be true. You need to sheep the obv town without questioning them ok?

Mocking them for implying that they are obvious town and then bizarrely scumreading one and giving up on the read once the pressure is off of HIS wagon is painful. Snark replaced with scumhunting.

Now, for his reads..

In post 267, Smashbard wrote:This list is formulated with an unbias mind. So don’t be surprised if my reads have changed from the time I formulated them under emotion. I will elaborate on any reads in detail upon asking. I simply didn’t want this to become a giant wall post of TL;DR.

Town:
Angry Pidgeon –
WAY too stuck on overconfidence and arguing against his own meta to be scum.
Contradiction of earlier read.

Bacde –
He’s actively engaged just about everyone this game.
Um...

Charter – I agree with most of what he’s said, but I think he’s putting too much stock in Metals flip.
Denis - I begrudgingly accept that scum wouldn’t be this careless and openly trolling Thor.
Dunham – I think his case on Bacde is stretching quite a bit. But that doesn’t equate scummy yet.
Not being scummy but stretching a scumread = town?

Slandaar – His posting style is very similar to the one game I’ve had with him where he was town.
Thor – His constant in fighting the logic of AP’s meta reads to me like town bickering, not scum.
See, this is what bothers me - I can see why Smashbard might get a townread on Thor, but the reason makes no sense. As does the rest of his reads, that sound bizarre and contrived.

Scum:
Cooldog – Votes for AP, then asks why there is a wagon on AP, then defends the wagon asking why AP is town, and then scumstalls saying he has to catch up on what, 7 pages? Wowscum.

Metalmarsh – Metals reasoning for voting me WAS to put pressure on me and see how I reacted. Which I correctly pointed out as being town motivated. But after backtracking that town logic and insisting it wasn’t based on pressure just to sheep on my wagon screams opportunism to me.

Senjai – Needs to post more. Especially with AP being close to a lynch, we need reasons for that wagon. This is obviously not a strong scumread, but he is easily the least active player in the game right now.
Another example of "I'm scumreading somebody for a non-existent reason. "This guy hasn't posted much, so uh, I don't really have a read on him, but he's mafia, I guess. It looks like Smash is trying to sound flashy instead of outing real, honest reads.

Could Go Either Way:
Lord Voldemort – I still don’t have a good feeling about him from Day 1. His one-liner posting style and drop in activity after I called him out seems like caught scum being more cautious. This is not a strong read, I could easily be mistaken here due to my read on Projectmatt.

Projectmatt – His constant defense of Voldemort is really what puts these two in this category. They could be super obvious scum, could be Masons, could be lovers. Who knows? All I know is that Matt is way too invested in saving Voldemort from pressure to be totally innocent.
I don't know if I need to point out how awful both of these reads are. He's basically saying that I am "not innocent" for townreading a player and outing an absurdly fake read.

So essentially, Smashbard's scum reads are "two easy targets, one lurker and potentially setting up for the future". Ouch.

In post 384, Smashbard wrote:
In post 194, Thor665 wrote:
Vote: AP

Case in brief.
Calls me scum for ability to 'read' me.
Claims as evidence his ability to tell when I'm town.
Reacts negatively to me noting that one of his main callouts is something I literally *always* do.
Tries to distance from earlier stance and just says he
reads
skims my games now.

Lying scum needs death now pl0x.

@Dun - I don't even understand your case on Bacde and actually rather suspect that slot is town. Wanna lynch AP instead?

This is Thor's case against AP as far as I understand it. Maybe this will help other people understand it due in list format, since Thor has apparently given up trying to explain it in a way that will actually convince the rest of us to sheep on AP.

He believes AP is scum because:

1) AP claimed to know Thor was obvscum due to behavior in previous games, citing meta reasons.

2) AP apparently backtracked at some point, saying he didn't read a lot of Thor's previous games to confirm his Meta Case. Only skimmed them.

3) AP then backtracked a little more, saying that his feeling of Thor being scum isn't based on meta at all, but rather based on a gut read and nothing more.

4) Hence, Thor believes that AP didn't actually read any of Thors scum games at all, and was lying about the original Meta Case, in an attempt to gain credibility for his attempts at making Thor look scummy.

Please correct me if I got anything wrong here. I would really like us to move on from this, and if we agree AP is lying scum let's lynch AP. If we think Thor is making mountains out of molehills let's lynch Thor. If we want to lynch actual scum Day 1 let's lynch Cooldog.

Whole post reads as distancing and stupidly confident pushes.

In post 470, Smashbard wrote:
So my case is stronger and it even suggests scum attacked me while pushing it...

...but I shall continue to not move my vote.

Right, because you haven't proven to me that AngryPidgeons lying is worse than Cooldogs lying. Your explanation equates to "Cooldog is too horrible a player to be scum". Which is a horrible reason for me to move my vote. I still believe you Vs. AP is town vs. town bickering because you're both holding grudges based on previous game experiences with each other. Neither of you have good reasons for wanting the other lynched. Your reason is just strong-ER than AP's.

If you would of made your case on AP like, at this point in the game, 20 pages later, I would be more inclined to believe you and go with your wagon.

But the fact that you both pretty much had your rock solid cases against the other ones scumminess within the first 5 pages of the game, that leads me to believe that both of you are just lynching each other based on bad blood, not real scumhunting. And there's no way for either of you to fix that perception until you come up with more than just one reason to lynch a person.

By the way, you're pretty much at L-1. Because AP is going to hammer you. Might as well claim now. I think you are a horrible lynch today, because with you gone there isn't going to be a foil for AngryPidgeon to stop him from taking the reigns of the town in case he is scum. But honestly maybe this horrible lynch will show you that if you only have one good reason to lynch a person, and that reason is proven not to be enough to convince even a fraction of the town to join your side, you should drop that scumread and focus your attention somewhere else. Rather than stubbornly tunnel your way to death. It is a team game after all.

This is the only post that makes me think Smashbard might be town.

In post 685, Smashbard wrote:
My top scumreads at the moment:
Cooldog
Charter
Denis
Thor (Only if Cooldog flips scum)

Possible distancing.

In post 875, Smashbard wrote:Reasons I don't trust Voldemort:

He professes how obvtown he is. I refuse to trust players who feel the need to say how obvtown they are. I have said it twice before and I will say it again. Really protown players don't need to constantly point it out. Their actions dictate their alignment.

He believes Cooldog, the most obvscum player in the game, is town. This seriously skews my opinion on Voldemorts alignment.

He only started posting his giant walls after called out on his inactivity.

He's the fucking One Who Shall Not Be Named. I'd say he's bad news bears, but he uses dementors and giants.

Reasons' I'm Sheeping Him Anyway:

If we get rid of Thor, Cooldog might actually be a possible lynch, because his scumbuddy would finally be dead and stop undermining the wagon.

Voldemort has TL;DR'd me to death. I really don't feel like over analyzing all his walls against Thor. If a players so sure of another guys flip so bad that they have offered themselves up for tomorrows lynch and promised to be more polite and respectful after the fact, I am inclined to believe him. After all, neither Thor or AP have had the gumption to say that if they were wrong about one another, that they would offer themselves as the next lynch. Voldemort has, and that's a pretty bold sacrifice.

We need to compromise on someone within the next 2 days. Since Thor isn't willing to compromise on any other lynch than AP, he needs to go. He's no longer contributing well to the town win condition because he's still chasing a wagon based off of a case he made 25 pages ago. AP wagon is old news, Thor wagon is the future.

He purposefully went back and quoted one of my earliest interactions just to stroke my ego and say I'm town. I'm flattered.

Unvote. Vote: Thor

This whole post just hurts.

I'm going to save you guys the pain of reading a big wall but the rest of his play can be summed up with him tunneling on CoolDog and then awkwardly backtracking when he's confirmed town.

I want to, really want to believe that Smash is town but a LOT of his play, especially his early play rings out as scum.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 55 (IV)

Smashbard (1) - Mastin2

Not Voting: denisatp, projectmatt, charter, Slandaar, CooLDoG, Smashbard

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Smashbard »

I'll be honest Matt, I didn't read much of your wall after it became obvious your case amounts to "Smashbards logic for his reads on Day 1 don't seem genuine now that we know that Cool Dog is town." Which is a pretty bad fallacy for you to cling to. Your points of me "distancing" from Thor are really bad, as I'm not the only one who's said that AP Vs. Thor was Town Vs. Town. Bacde said it too, and he was town. So how is it scummy coming from me but totally normal coming from a dead townie?

You know, despite the fact that I was like everybody else and running off of the very limited information afforded to us at the time, so of course looking back on it isn't going to make a lot of sense because now we KNOW guys like Cool Dog & Charter are town and guys like Thor are scum.

Me "awkwardly" distancing myself from the Cool Dog suspicions was me very simply admitting that I am FORCED to admit that he is confirmed town, regrettably. I even said as much. I didn't WANT to get off my suspicions of Cool Dog, but I had no other choice. This is what anyone would do town or scum in order to not be completely retarded, so it should be a null read to you, not instantly scum.

Besides, if you've suddenly found all this Day 1 "evidence" that I'm super suspicious, why are you not voting for me? You obviously aren't trying as hard to verify your reads on Slandaar or Denis. Choosing to focus on me. Is that because I admitted to you that you and Slandaar are in my Top 2 scumreads? That's a serious question by the way.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Here's how I see this going down. I'm today's lynch, because honestly nobodies going to come forward with more information other than "Gee Smashbards Day 1 suspicions don't look so good, and Slandaar, Denis & Projectmatt don't have enough to go off of by comparison". So lynch me and move on. Because I'm honestly not going to keep batting away Day 1 accusations like gnat flies on the carcass of an ass.

Once I die, if Mastin isn't killed tonight I will be shocked, and the rest of you should be very concerned as well.

I see Cool Dog living until Lylo, because he reads to me as the most vulnerable townie to manipulate and easiest to convince to vote the wrong way. In a clinch.

Which means to me that if that is the case, I don't believe Denis is mafia. Because his constant berating of Cool Dog wouldn't come from calculating scum who's planning on manipulating the town into one final mislynch. Also, Denis' admittance to not having much to go on is just as genuine as my own admittance, so I don't think scum would try to do that to gain sympathy points while at the same time insulting the other players.

Charter is confirmed town. So if Mastin isn't killed tonight it's going to be this guy. If both of them are alive and someone else is killed, then Mastin is scum. Guaranteed. There's no other way that scum would be so cocky as to allow more than 1 confirmed townie to stay for Lylo tomorrow when it's 3 to a lynch. That's allowing the town too great a chance to rally together 3 on 2.

Slandaar is most probably scum at this point, no matter which person is pointed to as his scum partner. He has not contributed enough to be a convincingly town player. The only way he's going to clear himself in my mind is by nightkill or if he claims Cop and nobody counter claims.

Otherwise, why the hell was there a Gunsmith in this set up and not just a traditional cop?

That leaves Projectmatt. He could go either way to me as this point. His case against me is very poor. So that swings to me like it could be just town trying to find something concrete, or scum also trying to find something to scoot suspicions away from him. This strategy will sadly backfire on him no matter what because once I flip Projectmatt is going to look very scummy, regardless of his real alignment. So when I flip, don't suspect Projectmatt solely on that evidence, because you will mislynch and lose the game if that's all you have on Matt to lynch him tomorrow.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Smashbard »

And before anyone decries me as anti-town for just offering myself as today's lynch, think about it. I'm far too much a smoke screen in everybodies minds. Nobodies going to feel comfortable with my reads or who I suspect unless I die because I was too active for my own good this game, not knowing that the scum would be killing off all the other active players to trap me at this point.

The only way for you to be sure is to force yourselves into lylo. Because you're not going to take my word for it while I'm alive. And you can't afford to lynch anybody else because if it ends in another mislynch, you'll end up insta-lynching me tomorrow for still being alive and you'll all lose us the game.

Our only hope for winning is to lynch me and prove my innocence. That way, even if you're in Lylo, you'll be able to objectively consider who's the real scum, and any power roles will be forced to reveal their hand or risk losing the game for the town because they were too afraid to speak up.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Oh wow, it's like you just exploded for literally nothing.

In post 1352, Smashbard wrote:I'll be honest Matt, I didn't read much of your wall after it became obvious your case amounts to "Smashbards logic for his reads on Day 1 don't seem genuine now that we know that Cool Dog is town."

That's not even close to what my case was. You're wrong, and I'm not going to retort it if you don't read anything.

Are you
so
conceited that you think I decided out of the blue to make a huge wall on you and conclude it with "Smashbard has towntold but also has done some really bad things" while doing nobody else? The point is to make an ISO on everyone relevant so I can figure out the scum - starting with you.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Matt

Smash is town.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Oh yes I totally exploded. You can see the steam in my ears and my face is so blue. Grrr angry smash bard is angry. Anything else matt? I really don't care if you think I'm scum. If all you've got is day 1 tells you need to rethink your case.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by projectmatt »

okay its becoming clear you didnt even read my case
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by projectmatt »

ok whatever i'll post more tomorrow
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by denisatp »

yeah slandaar is smashboard's partner.
It's okay you just had a salad today.
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by denisatp »

also i never rolled clear in mafiascum games, it's literally the easiest job in the world.
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by denisatp »

like holyshit charter blows at this
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Smashbard »

You know for all you guys throwing around accusations it seems like mastin is the only one with the balls to mislynch me.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Maybe its because you know I'm town and don't want to risk your hides in lylo when your so close to winning? Big HoS on denis and matt now.
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 am

Post by denisatp »

VOTE: smashboard lol
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 am

Post by denisatp »

Smashboard is that cop that tells the guy who just killed 15 people that he's too much of a pussy to pull the trigger
denisatp
denisatp
Goon
denisatp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 am

Post by denisatp »

And then he gets shot in the face
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:51 am

Post by charter »

Matt and denis are the scums.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Charter gets it.
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Vote: pmatt[\b]
Smashbard
Smashbard
Goon
Smashbard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by Smashbard »

Vote: pmatt
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Ok, Smashbard. If you're town this is embarrassing that you decided to rage out and make up reasons for what I told you my reasoning was when I posted a wall on why I dislike your posts.

Vote: Smashbard

I was gonna make more walls, but hey, screw it
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, so smash is at L-1. I have role based knowledge that he's town. I'm confirmed town, and now Smash is too.

Matt is obvious scum, Denis is likely his partner, but this game is over.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Slandaar »

VOTE: Smash

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”