pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 119, fuzzybutternut wrote:1.) This is my first time playing this game, therefore I have no idea how the voting system works. Nothing HAD been said about me because the only two people that are on my case hadn't posted anything about me. No one knows who the scum are, but all I can do is go with what I have and, considering there are people who aren't posting anything at all, that's hard to do. What do you want me to do? Go around pointing fingers at everyone until they breakdown and admit they are scum?
That's not scum hunting, that's just a way to get attention on yourself
. I formed opinions based off information that I read myself.

actually that is exactly what scumhunting is and what is wrong with getting attention on yourself?

2.) As I can see, unless you've just been completely inactive for the past two and a half years, you're one of the experienced players, so jumping down someone who has never played the game before and calling them scum for that reason seems much more scummy to me than your point. Wouldn't it be better to take a passive-aggressive role than to be strictly aggressive, like you are, which gets you nowhere. You've spend the entire game so far defending yourself and twisting everyone's words into scum tell.

defensive, playing the "I'm a newb plz don't hurt me card" to the hilt lol. where did earldy twist words? cite plz.

Unvote

Vote Earlder
It seems to me that you are too quick to point someone out as complete scum, which makes me think you want attention taken off of you.

aaaaaaaand followed by an omgus vote.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: fuzzybutternut

fuzzy tbh if you think earldy is aggressive you haven't really seen anything yet. I am holding back cos not everybody has checked in and I would like more substance to go on.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 122, Teodor Ant wrote:About Mollie: TBH I don't have much on him, because (s)he has been very cautious with his/her moves so far. This could mean that (s)he don't wanna look very aggressive and stay away from trouble, but maybe (s)he is just trying to be reasonable, especially as it's a newbie game. So to me it looks like that (s)he is either cool-headed townie or sneaky mafia. I rather say the first option now, as there are many more scummier people out there.

tbh I am probably coming across as cautious and stilted cos it
is
a newbie game and if you do a meta check against my other games I am pretty mean and aggressive and as an sc I have this weird sense of responsibility to not do that. plus I told the gm that I would try to be nice. in my first newb game I trolleytracked on the IC and made him meltdown so
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Pfft mollie you couldn't make me meltdown, it's just a game afterall.

In post 122, Teodor Ant wrote:
2nd main scum prospect, for me is of course my good old bud Jason. After my last post I looked back into his doings and found myself thinking again that lynching him would be the least-risky lynch, but not because of the experience this time. Like I kinda mentioned in my last post, that to me Jason is either not very useful town or pretty good scum. Because if you look it townwise then most he has done is solving his vendetta with me, doing some IC stuff and noting some obvious things. But scumwise he has played well, looking like a good shepherd, who is bullied by this bad Teo and even if I get killed and everyone see that I'm in fact town then he has good position to say that you all thought he is scum and I was as blind as you guys and my vote was just a counter vote. Of course I'll take full blame for giving him/her that chance :cry: Also to me Jason and Fuzz form a logical scum couple, with Jason giving Fuzz tips about what to do, like get the bandwagon on me rolling or to look like scumhunting while actually saying nothing special.

First off, buddying up to who you think is scum, what the hell is this?

Second off, Explain how i am "not very useful town", being experienced i would know how to pressure better, and honestly you aren't looking very town for riding this reasoning.

Plus townwise i have done more then i am letting on until we get these replacements in.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

in other words you are saying "I have a plan"
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

I guess you could put it that way.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Newbie 1309 - Day One - Vote Count 1.8

Teodor Ant [3] - JasonWazza, Seras182, thudworm
fuzzybutternut [3] - Teodor Ant, Earlder1, pirate mollie

Earlder1 [1] - fuzzybutternut

Not Voting (2):
Alastaire, Nz4Ever

Phase Deadline:
(expired on 2012-12-24 04:41:03)
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Malakittens replaces Nz4Ever effective immediately. Nz4Ever has never once posted in the game thread.

Seras182 and Alastaire, if they don't pick up their prods and post, will be replaced before December 11th.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

so what are your thoughts on fuzzybutt, jason?

eta: yaye! malacat
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hey, I'm going to catch up in a few minutes. So stay turned for a post. :)

*waves to Mollie and Uber* <3
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

What I'm saying is, Earlder was doing nothing but pointing fingers over the most ridiculous things. He wasn't prodding for info, he was pointing out things that he didn't like, which I get to an extent, I just think that he went about it wrong. Getting attention on yourself seems more like getting the attention off of someone else, meaning you're covering for them, which also means that you KNOW what they are. Aggressiveness, I suppose, is an opinionated trait. What's aggressive to one may not be aggressive to the other. So that point is moot.
Furthermore, My newb status has nothing to do with this game other than the fact that I don't know a few things, and, as I said before, is only mentioned if someone else mentions it first. I really don't have any idea who is more experienced in this game. The only reason I mentioned anything about Earlder is because I happened across his join date while I was reading one of his posts.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

Well then.

@ Fuzz
I have done nothing but point fingers for ridiculous things? I certainly do not agree. I may not be the most organized/efficent poster like Jason but I feel I have been clear as to why I find you scummy. In case there is confusion, here's a recap:

1) You have posted without real contribution multiple times. Examples:
So, I should feel special because I got in the top 4, right? Right you guys?!

Obv meaningless. Not contributing or scumhunting.
I have nothing to say, so I will simply keep my vote as it has been.
Also, this game gets Mich more interesting when you read it in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Just posting to post. Saying that your vote hasn't changed isn't information. Morgan Freeman is obv irrelevant.

2) Your scumhunting seems incredibly contrived. Your reasonings for finding people scummy don't hold much water. Ex.
VOTE: Teador. He/She comes off rather scummy to me so far, based on his arguments.

You provide no information, just a vote. You should cite why you think what you think.
I'd have to agree with Jason here. Personal habits outside of the game have nothing to do with their role inside. Thudworm clearly works a lot, but could be town. Likewise, she could be the scummiest person in the game. It's because of her work that we can't make up a clear image of her yet. This is why the days are so long. Not everyone can post every single day. FoS:Earlder

Does everyone have to think alike? Just bc you disagree, does that mean I'm scummy. Reasoning is weak.
1.) This is my first time playing this game, therefore I have no idea how the voting system works. Nothing HAD been said about me because the only two people that are on my case hadn't posted anything about me. No one knows who the scum are, but all I can do is go with what I have and, considering there are people who aren't posting anything at all, that's hard to do. What do you want me to do? Go around pointing fingers at everyone until they breakdown and admit they are scum? That's not scum hunting, that's just a way to get attention on yourself. I formed opinions based off information that I read myself.

2.) As I can see, unless you've just been completely inactive for the past two and a half years, you're one of the experienced players, so jumping down someone who has never played the game before and calling them scum for that reason seems much more scummy to me than your point. Wouldn't it be better to take a passive-aggressive role than to be strictly aggressive, like you are, which gets you nowhere. You've spend the entire game so far defending yourself and twisting everyone's words into scum tell.

Unvote
Vote Earlder It seems to me that you are too quick to point someone out as complete scum, which makes me think you want attention taken off of you.

And now you state I'm scummy for thinking you're scummy. Once again, I think your scummy for multiple reasons, none of which are you being new. Also, you make claims that just aren't backed. Where did I twist anyone's words? How have I been spending the game defending myself? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the more agressive scumhunters.

3) You're very flippy-floppy and non-committal. Ex.
First off, I brought you up because you DID have the most votes, however, I was simply trying to figure out WHY people voted you in the first place. A "method behind the madness" if you will.

Fuzz is responding to when Teo asked why he was brought up again. This post is kind of counter-intuitive since Fuzz has a vote on Teo but is trying to find out why Teo appears scummy. That seems like scum backtracking, picking a conclusion and then looking for evidence instead of gathering evidence to support a conclusion.
I do disagree with your analysis, this is true, however, this is not why I find you scummy. In fact, I don't actually think that you are scum, but I have my suspicions about you due to that post.

Fuzz is talking about me. Saying I'm scummy but not scum isn't saying anything. You don't demonstrate a solid opinion.

And look at this:
Vote Earlder It seems to me that you are too quick to point someone out as complete scum, which makes me think you want attention taken off of you.[/

vs.
Getting attention on yourself seems more like getting the attention off of someone else, meaning you're covering for them, which also means that you KNOW what they are.

You say I want attention off of me. Then you claim I'm getting attention on myself. Consistency issues?

Also, I'm not going to requote the same thing, but in the third quote under my second reason, you call me both aggressive and say I've done nothing but defend myself. I think those are quite contradictory.

4) Other random things that just appear scummy. Ex.
Also, I'm not "posting just to post" as you put it, I hadn't clarified my vote in a while and, since nothing had been said about me, I had nothing else to post, therefore I posted my vote so UberNinja would know that my vote was still the same and could take mark accordingly

Not having anything to say implies you have nothing to figure out which implies you are scum. Only posting when someone says something about you is even worse because you're purely defensive. You aren't scumhunting.
Also, why is it a good thing that we can no longer hammer Teodor? He's got the pop. vote for scum right now, so wouldn't it be better to hammer him? This makes me think you're scum even more.

If you were town, I don't think you would want a quick hammer. More discussion is better for town. Just because Teo is the popular vote, does not mean he is the best person to lynch today. Popular opinion =/= truth. And then you use this to incriminate me. You think I'm scum because I don't want someone at L-1 with 3 inactives? That makes no sense.

I hope I clarified any confusion as to why I think you are scum.
Mortality is the number 1 cause of death.

Town: 2-2
Scum: 1-0
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Malakittens »

For my personal notes. With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

First post that sparked my interest was by Tedor Ant.

~*~ Was a great way to try to stomp out RVS because it wasn't a RVS vote.

Can you exactly point out why you find Jason scummy for voting Mollie. I know you stated because she's semi-experienced, but we were also in RVS. So technically it wasn't a serious vote by Jason.

Calling this a huge protown move. So points to Tedor Ant.

Bit of a gut feel of possible scum due to this post by Jason though.

I don't really like the retaliatory vote.

Question that I'm going to see if anyone asked, but do you mean that you are urging people to vote Tedor because of his vote on you because of the experience of being an IC. (Which no one did)

Regarding Sears' post.

One thing that I have always had trouble understanding, but how do you get a town read after one or two post by a person that doesn't really comment on the content that is already in the game. Fuzzy played a "Hi, I'm new card" which is totally fine because after all this is a newbie game, but how does that equal to him being town?

I didn't really like Alastaire's second post. Only because he jumped onto a wagon with what I call a flimsy excuse. He also did not comment on anything else other than what looks like a generic comment.

My comment regarding Earl's possible scum slip. I also had to look at it a few times, but..
I can understand where you might see it as a scum slip, but frankly I don't. Take into account that he's new. I mean you can stretch it as a scum-slip because if he is mafia he has to be paired with someone who's really experienced and totally pro-town looking the whole game.
Really, there's a lot of WIFOM to be put into account if you want to pair it either way.

I also find it odd that even though you guys accused it as a possible scum slip that no one voted for him for it.
I currently want to watch those who called it a scum slip. {Jason, Sears, Mollie} I can see a possible scum using it as a 'scum slip' to get a new-town lynched.

Regarding Tedor's recent post here. I noticed that you stated that you had a plan before the game started, but how do we know that you didn't just try faking your plan. I do find you town because of the let's get out of RVS vote against Jason.

I tend to think that town act a lot more aggressively than scum do, but scum are a lot more collected, calm and passive.

@Thudworm: I don't see how it can be scum covering for a scum mate, but I can see it scum distancing scum.

Holy hell, cat fight in Aisle 3.

Basically, Jason is calling Mollie out for with holding her vote against her top suspicion and leaving her RVS vote on a player.
Mollie is telling Jason that she's unsure whether or not she finds a player scummy and doesn't wish to remove her RVS vote.

Fuzzy just dodges the ongoing conversation. Don't like that. Just saying.

@Jason. I don't see why you are saying that both scum are located in the 6 people that haven't posted or are barely posting. Why can't scum be located in the people that ARE posting.

This post by Earl
Brings up some good and valid points, but there are some things that did bother me.

I agree that it's not just town that can be logical because I believe that good scum can and will come off logical.

Again, I don't see how someone not picking up their role PM and not posting is a reason to call them town.

I'm very iffy about your read posts only because as I said there are things I disagree with, but I don't really enjoy how you just said [player x] is scummy, but didn't explain why or how their posts came off scummy.

So, I'm not really sure if you are trying to 'force' your reads into a group, but I feel as if you have too many scum reads. I can understand putting people as null which you didn't which raises the question why didn't you. Scum are often scared to put people as null in a read list because that's how they are sometimes caught.

& Fuzzy brings up exactly almost what I just said regarding the town read on Never, by Earl, but did it in more words than I did.

I don't like this reaction by Earl.
You are being very OMGUS-y towards Fuzz.
I'll admit that because someone disagrees with your posts doesn't mean you are scummy.

I don't like Thud putting Teo at L-1 with thispost. You seem to just jump onto the bandwagon. I understand that you were analyzing everyone's posts, but I just don't like how the vote was placed with everything else going on.

I don't like this post by Teo. Reasons is because trying to connect partners without a flip on Day 1 with only 5 pages of content is really not helpful. Speculation and WIFOM at it's max.

I don't know what to think about Mollie's recent vote on Fuzz. >.>

Those where my impressions from reading the thread. I don't understand the wagon on Fuzz.

Vote: Thudworm

Scum Reads:
(Highest to Lowest)

Thudworm - Basically putting Teo at L-1. I felt this was a good time for a scum to place a vote onto an ongoing bandwagon. The only time he has questioned was in post 45. Other than that he's just analyzed without really giving comments to what has been happening. Not to mention he seems to be trying to connect partners because of how they interact with each other without a flip.

Jason - This is mainly a gut feel, but it's supported by things that he's done in the thread. I didn't like how he brought to light Earl's possible slip, but he hasn't really said anything about Earl since then. He's quite focused on Teo, but taking swipes at other players every now and then.

Earl - Very weak scum read only because he is hunting, but the things that he's said makes me think that his reads could be forced. I don't like how he called someone town when the person hasn't posted or picked up their role, but was quick to call someone null that has actually contributed to the thread.

Alastaire - Not much content. Voting with a flimsy excuse even though it was supposed to be a "test".

Teo - I originally thought that him getting the town out of RVS was a good thing. There have been things mentioned above that he's done and that I don't like and don't agree with.

Watch List:

Sear
Mollie

Town Read:

Fuzz - I didn't really like the fact he was dodging an ongoing discussion, but things that he's saying I do like.

~~ Sorry for the wall guys. I probably should have split that up into a few posts, but once I get started I don't like to stop.. ~~

If someone could just explain the case on Fuzz, I'd love it.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Malakittens »

So, I'm not really sure if you are trying to 'force' your reads into a group, but I feel as if you have too many town reads. I can understand putting people as null which you didn't which raises the question why didn't you. Scum are often scared to put people as null in a read list because that's how they are sometimes caught.

I mistyped in my previous post.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 136, Malakittens wrote:
Question that I'm going to see if anyone asked, but do you mean that you are urging people to vote Tedor because of his vote on you because of the experience of being an IC. (Which no one did)

No i was voting him for being hypocritical with the vote.

@Jason. I don't see why you are saying that both scum are located in the 6 people that haven't posted or are barely posting. Why can't scum be located in the people that ARE posting.

Because i had town reads on the 2 people that were actually posting, is there a problem with that?

Jason - This is mainly a gut feel, but it's supported by things that he's done in the thread. I didn't like how he brought to light Earl's possible slip, but he hasn't really said anything about Earl since then. He's quite focused on Teo, but taking swipes at other players every now and then.

I think Teo is scum, so of course i am going to focus on Teo, i am trying to get reads on everyone else hence why i am taking swipes.

As for Earl's slip i still think it's a scum slip but it isn't something i am willing to take on it's own.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Jason. My problem regarding that is I don't see you saying Mollie or Fuzz are town in my eyes. I can see where you didn't call them scum. So figured you had them at null with a pending read. Your back and forth with Mollie didn't feel like you had a town read on her. As for Fuzz you stated that you weren't suscipion of him, but didn't say he's town.

Just felt your reads on them were unclear up to that point.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Newbie 1309 - Day One - Vote Count 1.9

Teodor Ant [3] - JasonWazza, Seras182, thudworm
fuzzybutternut [3] - Teodor Ant, Earlder1, pirate mollie

Earlder1 [1] - fuzzybutternut
thudworm [1] - Malakittens

Not Voting (1):
Alastaire

Phase Deadline:
(expired on 2012-12-24 04:41:03)
Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

@ Kittens
Well I hope my long-winded post gives you some insight as to why I am leading a wagon against Fuzz. Also, the reason I don't have null reads is bc I am suspicious of most people lol. I have FoSed like 3 different people and voted 2 others. I don't trust anyone. I do however, find Fuzz the scummiest by far.

For the record though, I think Kittens appears pro-town atm for a couple reasons.
1) She didn't bandwagon. There are currently 2 wagons (Teo and Fuzz) and I think most scum would be opportunistic and lash out against someone already under fire. But Kittens calls both Teo and Fuzz town leaning. This is a very pro-town opinion imo.
2) She agrees with me for not liking Teo at L-1 and subsequently votes Thud (when I only FoSed). This is obv weak support since I made the argument previously, but it is stil pro-town to not want quick lynches.

Earlder1
Earlder1
Goon
Earlder1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Post by Earlder1 »

@ Kittens

Also is is SERAS, not SEARS. Not a big deal but I wasn't sure what you were saying until I realized you meant Seras.

JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 139, Malakittens wrote:Jason. My problem regarding that is I don't see you saying Mollie or Fuzz are town in my eyes. I can see where you didn't call them scum. So figured you had them at null with a pending read. Your back and forth with Mollie didn't feel like you had a town read on her. As for Fuzz you stated that you weren't suscipion of him, but didn't say he's town.

Just felt your reads on them were unclear up to that point.

Do i have to say when someone is town?

I honestly thought that post gave away that i thought that they were town, obviously i didn't elude to it enough.

Plan Reveal because i cbf keeping this a secret.

PoE is a very good tool in mafia and here is why i was thinking it might be useful (and this will be a reads list.)

thudworm- Leaning Town
Seras182- Town leaning
/being replaced?

Malakittens-
Null/being replaced
Town
fuzzybutternut- Town
Alastaire- Null/being replaced
Teodor Ant- Scum
pirate mollie- Town
Earlder1- Null
JasonWazza- my PoV confirmed

This gives me a town list of the following
JasonWazza
Pirate mollie
fuzzybutternut
Sera182
Malakittens
Thudworm

A null/replacing list of
Earlder1
Alastaire

And a scum list of
Teodor Ant

(previous to the replacement malakittens was null list and thudworm was a recent addition to the townie list)

Now if i assume my townie list is right (i think it is) then i have one scum and 2 nulls, now if the replacement of Alastaire comes in and acts all townie like that makes Earlder1 scum by PoE hence why i was waiting for the replacements before making a proper list but meh now you guys know and that is probably better.
thudworm
thudworm
Townie
thudworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:52 am

Post by thudworm »

Just an FYI for a few people, as it says under my avatar I am female, and would prefer to be addressed as such.

In post 113, Earlder1 wrote: @ Thudworm Putting someone at L-1 when we basically haven't heard much of anything from 3 slots seems extremely hasty to me. While I agree that Teodor looks scummy, I think we should get more discussion today before we get so close to lynching. I especially want to hear from Seras, Alastaire, Nz4Ever or their replacements before we lynch. Also, if you don't understand my vote on Fuzz, it's simple: His "scumhunting" seems incredibly contrived. Read back through his posts and tell me where he legitimately formed his own opinion based on evidence. He is very non-commital. Even look at his last post, he's posting just to post, without contributing. In fact, the "Morgan Freeman's voice" comment seems like a distraction even! I don't think he is really looking for scum and thus, I think he is likely scum.

Fair enough point regarding L-1, keep in mind I'm new to this. I was only wanting to get a vote down, and chose the person who seemed scummiest to me. The votes against him are back to 3, otherwise I would unvote to distance the risk of a quick lynch. The reasoning for your vote didn't come across clearly when I was reading through (lack of sleep didn't help). Your further posts have clarified for me, not that I necessarily agree.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 am

Post by Malakittens »

@Earl:

It does. I'm going to reread it later tonight.
Also about the names my head automatically goes to Sear rather than Sera.

Regarding the second part of you calling me protown I'm going to correct things that are wrong.

• I did call Teo town in the beginning, but he's on the weak read of the scum list. I wouldn't vote him unless he did something super scummy to jump the list and go to a top suscipion.
•I agree though that scum often want quicklynches. I don't believe in them. Day 1 is very important when we have a mafia flip. Indirectly it helps with a town flip, but not as much.
• I couldn't make the argument before you since I didn't replace in or get into the game before it started.

---

@Jason:

Don't you think it's too early to be using PoE? I mean we don't even have a flip to going off information to analyze.

I like going the full mile when giving out reads. As I stated the reads on the two players weren't as clear cut to me.

I'm going to avoid wanting to nitpick on that list. That's way to many town reads with very little explanation. >.>

---

@Thud:

Do you have any comments on my latest post?
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 135, Earlder1 wrote:Well then.

@ Fuzz
I have done nothing but point fingers for ridiculous things? I certainly do not agree. I may not be the most organized/efficent poster like Jason but I feel I have been clear as to why I find you scummy. In case there is confusion, here's a recap:

1) You have posted without real contribution multiple times. Examples:
So, I should feel special because I got in the top 4, right? Right you guys?!

Obv meaningless. Not contributing or scumhunting.
I have nothing to say, so I will simply keep my vote as it has been.
Also, this game gets Mich more interesting when you read it in Morgan Freeman's voice.

Just posting to post. Saying that your vote hasn't changed isn't information. Morgan Freeman is obv irrelevant.

I really don't know why you keep bringing this up. Clearly we have established that it was irrelevant, and I stated my reasons for such a pointless post.

2) Your scumhunting seems incredibly contrived. Your reasonings for finding people scummy don't hold much water. Ex.
VOTE: Teador. He/She comes off rather scummy to me so far, based on his arguments.

You provide no information, just a vote. You should cite why you think what you think.

I apologize, I'll try to do that more often. I never thought that was a necessity, rather than something that was just habit for most people.

I'd have to agree with Jason here. Personal habits outside of the game have nothing to do with their role inside. Thudworm clearly works a lot, but could be town. Likewise, she could be the scummiest person in the game. It's because of her work that we can't make up a clear image of her yet. This is why the days are so long. Not everyone can post every single day. FoS:Earlder

Does everyone have to think alike? Just bc you disagree, does that mean I'm scummy. Reasoning is weak.

Where did I say anything about people thinking alike in this quote? I was simply stating that people's habits aren't directly related to their in-game role.

1.) This is my first time playing this game, therefore I have no idea how the voting system works. Nothing HAD been said about me because the only two people that are on my case hadn't posted anything about me. No one knows who the scum are, but all I can do is go with what I have and, considering there are people who aren't posting anything at all, that's hard to do. What do you want me to do? Go around pointing fingers at everyone until they breakdown and admit they are scum? That's not scum hunting, that's just a way to get attention on yourself. I formed opinions based off information that I read myself.

Unvote
Vote Earlder It seems to me that you are too quick to point someone out as complete scum, which makes me think you want attention taken off of you.

And now you state I'm scummy for thinking you're scummy. Once again, I think your scummy for multiple reasons, none of which are you being new. Also, you make claims that just aren't backed. Where did I twist anyone's words? How have I been spending the game defending myself? I'm pretty sure I'm one of the more agressive scumhunters.

It
IS
possible to defend yourself aggressively, in case you didn't know. To me, this gives off a scum vibe because it seems to me that you are paranoid that I am on your case about being scum. Aggressiveness=/=scum, but it does hint to scummy behavior.

3) You're very flippy-floppy and non-committal. Ex.
First off, I brought you up because you DID have the most votes, however, I was simply trying to figure out WHY people voted you in the first place. A "method behind the madness" if you will.

Fuzz is responding to when Teo asked why he was brought up again. This post is kind of counter-intuitive since Fuzz has a vote on Teo but is trying to find out why Teo appears scummy. That seems like scum backtracking, picking a conclusion and then looking for evidence instead of gathering evidence to support a conclusion.

You're right. It does seem like that when it's taken out of context, but when you put it back in the original argument, it makes much more sense.
I do disagree with your analysis, this is true, however, this is not why I find you scummy. In fact, I don't actually think that you are scum, but I have my suspicions about you due to that post.

Fuzz is talking about me. Saying I'm scummy but not scum isn't saying anything. You don't demonstrate a solid opinion.

I think it says a lot, actually. Saying that you have scummy habits could mean that you are scum, however, I was not ready to make a commitment and say that you were in fact scum at that time.
And look at this:
Vote Earlder It seems to me that you are too quick to point someone out as complete scum, which makes me think you want attention taken off of you.[/

vs.
Getting attention on yourself seems more like getting the attention off of someone else, meaning you're covering for them, which also means that you KNOW what they are.

You say I want attention off of me. Then you claim I'm getting attention on myself. Consistency issues?

Also, I'm not going to requote the same thing, but in the third quote under my second reason, you call me both aggressive and say I've done nothing but defend myself. I think those are quite contradictory.

Once again, this was taken out of context. I was not saying that you were getting attention on yourself, I was saying that it was a scummy thing to do. (And if I knew how to navigate this site well enough without erasing everything I wrote, I'd quote it here.)

4) Other random things that just appear scummy. Ex.
Also, I'm not "posting just to post" as you put it, I hadn't clarified my vote in a while and, since nothing had been said about me, I had nothing else to post, therefore I posted my vote so UberNinja would know that my vote was still the same and could take mark accordingly

Not having anything to say implies you have nothing to figure out which implies you are scum. Only posting when someone says something about you is even worse because you're purely defensive. You aren't scumhunting.

So you're telling me that you've never once found yourself with absolutely nothing to say? You're saying that someone can come into a game like this and just know everything they want to say right off the top of their head? I think not. Logical reasoning takes time, as does analyzing each and every post. Again, I felt I needed to post, as I explained many times before.

Also, why is it a good thing that we can no longer hammer Teodor? He's got the pop. vote for scum right now, so wouldn't it be better to hammer him? This makes me think you're scum even more.

If you were town, I don't think you would want a quick hammer. More discussion is better for town. Just because Teo is the popular vote, does not mean he is the best person to lynch today. Popular opinion =/= truth. And then you use this to incriminate me. You think I'm scum because I don't want someone at L-1 with 3 inactives? That makes no sense.
I was asking a question. It seemed scummy to me that you wanted everyone off of Teodor's back. Almost like you felt the metaphorical noose around your neck right alongside Teodor.

I hope I clarified any confusion as to why I think you are scum.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

(in addition to my last post)@Earlder:
vs.

This second part was in response to Mollie's question,
actually that is exactly what scumhunting is and what is wrong with getting attention on yourself?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 147, fuzzybutternut wrote:(in addition to my last post)@Earlder:
vs.

This second part was in response to Mollie's question,

I'll bite. how does this work in scumland. the idea is to not come under fire when you are scum cos you do not want to get lynched. this is where motivation comes in. scum want to survive and it will reflect in their posts - this is the main reason why I am voting you. your are covered in "I want to survive" syrup.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

What is your question Mollie? I don't want to answer under false premise that I know what you're trying to ask, when I don't.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”