Micro 89 ~ Mafia Rarefaction Segunda (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Post by Tierce »

(That'll have to wait till tonight. I'm handling travel prep and hopping around the city. I'll get back to you ASAP, especially since deadline crept on me and I didn't notice.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:20 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count VIII

:right:
Parama (L-2)
~ Leafsnail, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, theaceofspades
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (L-3)
~ Trevor, Parama
Aeris (L-4)
~ Konowa
Leafsnail (L-4)
~ Tierce
theaceofspades (L-4)
~ TwoUpstandingGentlemen

Not Voting:
Aeris

-theaceofspades is being replaced. Please hold...

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
--Deadline is December 15, 2012 (in
(expired on 2012-12-15 21:00:00)
).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Leafsnail »

F16 is looking increasingly town to me, his play over page 10 looks pretty genuine and consistent (I have no idea what Parama means by self-righteous either).
In post 232, Trevor wrote:
Analysis: F-16 is scum because he puts random bullshit like "not promoting discussion" or "avoiding the thread", or "being passive". Every read is based on participating in discussion and is extremely fake and easy to do, see his Parama or Aeris votes for proof.

I don't get why this is meant to be scummy, you've pretty much labelled something he's said as "random bullshit" without any explanation. Not to mention it looks pretty true in your case considering you buried a vote on him then proceeded to do almost nothing except offer a few limp townreads.

In post 234, Aeris wrote:
This is silly. Anyone can vote anyone at any time and any halfway competent player can explain even a change in mind from town to scum.

You can, but if you're doing it with scum motivation it's extremely hard to do it without looking scummy. Wheras if you're just sortof hopping around in trollspace and voting people without any real reasoning it's easy to follow your scum motivations without logical contradiction.

In post 234, Aeris wrote:
Why does it seem like your predetermining "scummy" actions but not looking for motivation? Also, why give tierce a hard time for not giving reads when you haven't given much yourself?

I guess I haven't explicitly laid out the motivation argument, but essentially it boils down to Parama's play having absolutely zero helpfulness in finding scum (acting like this means his words and vote carries little weight). A townie wants to find scum, therefore his play does not make sense from a town perspective, only from either a scum perspective (seems more likely to me) or a troll perspective (possible I guess, although I wouldn't want to keep him around in that case).

The argument can be extended: his play would help him as scum, because a) people are prepared to give him a free ride because "well, no-one would be that stupid as scum", b) he can avoid answering difficult questions because lol trolling and c) he can take whatever bandwagon is going. So in other words a scum motivation exists for his actions, while a town motivation does not.

I don't require a tonne of reads, I was attacking Tierce for having none at all. The scumreads I've had earlier are Parama, Konawa, Tierce (although due to the mistake I made that one is mostly invalidated now, and I'd have to see her post again to re-evaluate it).

Aeris: Who do you want to be lynched? Time is running out and your lack of vote is bothering me more and more in spite of your fairly decent analysis.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count IX

Parama (L-2)
~ Leafsnail, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, theaceofspades
F-16_Fighting_Falcon (L-3)
~ Trevor, Parama
Aeris (L-4)
~ Konowa
Leafsnail (L-4)
~ Tierce
theaceofspades (L-4)
~ TwoUpstandingGentlemen

Not Voting:
Aeris

-StefanB replaces theaceofspades. Welcome him!

-Konowa is being prodded...

).
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by Konowa »

I'm here. Sorry, didn't realize three days due to weekend. For those who don't know, don't expect posts in games from me from Friday to Tuesday. I have -some- time tonight, will try and get something out tonight, tomorrow by noon at the latest.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Aeris
Aeris
Goon
Aeris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Aeris »

I actually meant to vote yesterday leafsnail and forgot, which I have a tendency to do especially if I find several people suspicious.

VOTE: konowa

I need to address a couple things and respond to f-16, but the pain medication I'm on right now has me feeling horrible. If I feel better later, I'll come back, but it probably won't be until tomorrow.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Tierce »

I just previewed this beast and... it's not as bad as it looks, promise. It's mostly a case on Falcon, and the quotes need to be there because they are specific highlights of why he's scum. Please read it.

Aeris 220 wrote:
Tierce 210 wrote:Blatant prod dodge. We'll see if I post tonight or tomorrowish.
Please do, and if you're town, please post like town.
How droll.

Fiiine wanted to sleep but it's just eleven pages and half of them is troll!Parama anyway so.

Leafsnail's reasoning for me continues to be... pretty bad, really. :/ Why would you think I would make a
second
RVS vote (i.e. my shift to TwoUpstandingGentlemen) or even justify it as such? That said, Leafsnail himself seems to have two pretty RVSish votes, as he justifies his vote on me (after his vote on Parama on ) as him using . Seems a coherent line of thought, so I think I'm more going :? than
omgscumLYNCHIT
at him over that. Odd attitude, but that's it on that specific line.

Konowa is nowhere near the Town half of the playerlist.
Konowa 52 wrote:Tierce, why so passive agressive with Leaf?
This seems like something that scum would say to a Town v. Town fight. He wouldn't react like that if Leafsnail was his buddy, and he is not giving this any outside the box thinking--it's just looking at a presumed behavior instead of the motivation behind it. seems contrived after Dresden. Way too forced.

Still willing to lynch TwoUpstandingGentlemen. The call for interest on (especially after that "Tierce seems agitated" in ) was sketchy, and Majiffy seems more interested in flavor on page 1 than in actually doing things with his hydra partner. As Town, I would expect them to have had some sort of ideas shared between them between and (QT, AIM, PMs, whatever), but Majiffy ignores Thor's point and rambles pointlessly about flavor. He keeps doing a version of that for the next half hour, which doesn't really show interest in what his hydra partner is doing--he doesn't engage Parama in discussion about the game, even though they are posting back and forth.

is a load of puppypoop. Terrible reason to complain about Parama--if you had that much conviction about it, why didn't your hydra partner do anything about it?

Trevor intervening in shows that he's probably not scum with either of TwoUpstandingGentlemen or Parama. He wouldn't be going "wtf?" at the pointless fluff if it was favoring his team. matches with my own line of thought below; Trevor is probably Town.

Falcon's is... bleh. He doesn't seem too engaged in the early game--he goes from a silent vote on TwoUpstandingGentlemen to a question that isn't alignment relevant. and those that follow do show some more game-relevant curiosity, and he's at least following up on them somewhat. However--
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 57 wrote:List of questions feel contrived as if you don't have anything valuable to add but are desperately posting fluff.
This is rather awful. He is railing on Aeris for 'contrived' questions and 'desperately posting fluff' (wow, that suddenly turned vicious), but ignored Majiffy and Parama's fluff sequence while asking them questions. The vote on Aeris seems rushed in comparison.

Going through Falcon's ISO in general does not make me comfortable with this slot at all. He seems too certain of things, too dismissive and harsh at certain points (which matches up his scum meta more than his Town meta). Stuff like this:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 102 wrote:VOTE: Parama for ignoring suspicion under the guise of joking around.
Weak stuff.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 104 wrote:Can't decide if you
[Parama]
are a troll or a legit player.
Would have expected Town-Falcon to actually make an effort here--either to understand Parama or to ask other players who have played him before. Heck, looking over Parama's meta wouldn't have taken long.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 106 wrote:Not addressing suspicion hoping it would go away or that players get distracted instead of probing into it and figuring out if it is legitimate. I gave you a pass since I assumed you were a troll but since you are saying you are serious, no reason to hold back on lynching you now.
Way too certain, example #1. While being confident is not a scumtell with most players, scum-Falcon is prone to a level of arrogance in his reads that is not present in his Town games, where he is very very paranoid.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 126 wrote:At least one if not both of Trevor or Parama is scum.

Trevor has continued to post but didn't respond to my accusation.
Let's push another wagon while we are at it. You know what was Trevor's ONLY post between Falcon's and ?
Trevor 120 wrote:Aceofspades is too easy. No scum motivation at all.
Yeeeeah look at all that wild wild posting while not responding to Falcon's accusation. How dare Trevor do that.
Now let's hark back to Trevor's 162, which I mentioned above. Falcon's reaction?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 164 wrote:
Trevor 162 wrote:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 126 wrote:At least one if not both of Trevor or Parama is scum.

Trevor has continued to post but didn't respond to my accusation.
You're using the easiest reads in the book "desperately posting fluff" "because trolling/joking", the vote on you was for the bad aeris vote.
So,if you think I am scum, you should be at least giving a reason for your vote, shouldn't you? You are either convinced I am scum or you have a hunch I am scum and want to figure me out. If it is the former, if you were town, you would push for my lynch and if it is the latter, as town, you would at least ask me why I voted Aeris and what I felt was contrived about Aeris's post and try and figure out the motivations for my post. You are doing neither. You posted a lazy vote and disappeared and only responded when I called you out on it twice. Why are you being so reactive that I need to reach into your throat and pry your thoughts out of you?
Woooow overreaction batman. Mind, Trevor posted ONCE and it was a one-liner to speak up against a conveniently easy wagon, but no, Trevor is a criminal and he needs to die already.
Parama 174 wrote:
Parama 107 wrote:>Trolling = town
>Being serious = scum

This is what you're saying
Seriously

I think the point you're missing is that if I was scum why would I admit to being serious :V
In [url=F-16_Fighting_Falcon 175 wrote:Coz you are stupid?
Oh COME ON. Where is the hunt for Parama's motivations?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 213 wrote:
Anyways, I'll doubt you'll answer either since you likely scum.

The point of asking was to figure out if Parama suspects TUG for sheeping/saying they will sheep a scumread.
I know for a fact that as town,
I'd suspect someone if they sheep me while they maintain a scumread on me. As scum, I wouldn't. I'd be happy that they changed their position from attacking me to sheeping me and wouldn't want to mess it up by turning on them. Town motivation is to hunt scum. Scum motivation is to save themselves. Parama's motivation matches up with scum. The fact that he is refusing to think and analyze various possibilities points to scum.

Parama 211 wrote:That's an incredibly roundabout way of self-righteously defending yourself, I must say. I'm impressed, Fighting, but I'm still going to vote you.
The stupidity in this post is null. Town can be stupid, so can scum.

What is scummy is that he dodges the question and misrepresents a direct question as a "roundabout defense"
clearly because he has no answer.
I've
highlighted
the posturing in this post.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 221 wrote:I like 120 too. Decisive, curt, not fluff. I don't consider the non-hammer to be necessarily a towntell though. Hammering Parama so soon in the day would have put Trevor in the hotseat regardless of Parama's affiliation. I've seen a game (Thor played that game too) where Thor was town and a scum blatantly said "I am not hammering." It is something that is alignment indicative and a totally plausible thing for scum to do.
I am certain Parama is scum
although I am starting to have doubts about Trevor. He still needs to post more though.
More
posturing. Let's make sure that Parama lynch goes through!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 229 wrote:Regarding the convincing point, why are you being passive about it?
It is not like there are no votes on him and it is a real possibility he could get lynched. If you think he is town, you'd want to call off the dogs, right?

Anyways, I can see potentially coming from Thor. Yeah, maybe he is playing mind-games. But if I were in Parama's place and town, and Thor who had me as a scumread suddenly says "make a case and I'll sheep," I think I'd be wary that he is so quickly putting aside his suspicion. Although if I were scum, "yay, I convinced Thor" would probably be the first thing on my mind.
Maybe that is just me. More perspectives wouldn't hurt. What would you do?

The part about Parama not voting Trevor: you are essentially saying he is being too scummy to be scum, correct me if I am wrong. "Maybe I am reading too much into it" could come from fence-sitting scum. That wouldn't be alignment indicative either. Also, he continues dodging questions, avoiding the issue and going off on tangents. The most recent page is evidence of that.
I guess you
could
WIFOM and say "would he really do that as scum" but that is just going to get us into an endless WIFOM cycle. Better to just pin down anti-town behavior right away, isn't it?

Can you elaborate on your post?
- How does the push on me seem natural. What do you consider 'natural' vs 'artificial'?
- What do you "like" about what I say?
- What don't you agree with about his push and what do you agree with?

New evidence on Trevor - basically avoiding the thread - being passive, casting a lazy vote and disappearing.

* Regarding mislynches, actually they don't win after two mislynches. If we mislynch twice, this goes into rarefaction. Two groups of 3P LYLO cells with one scum in each. Scum need to be in this game for the long run. Can you re-evaluate based on that? It would negate the refusal to hammer as necessarily a towntell. I've played this game once before - the LYLO blocks are really difficult for scum to get past.
And yet
more
. Note the WIFOM bit in particular. No regard for motivations, once more.
Also
, really lame reasons to suspect Trevor. This has no depth whatsoever.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 230 wrote:@ Aeris:

Case on Trevor: no effort. I asked him a ton of questions was the last I believe and his response is basically this:
Trevor 226 wrote:Meh, don't really like that many lynches right now. I'll join any convincing bandwagon that isn't TUG/Parama/veggie. Stayin on F-16
Passiveness. No analysis, nothing. He didn't like that I said your post was contrived so votes me and sits on it while contributing absolutely nothing. I explained why I voted you, and also asked Trevor the reasoning for voting without promoting discussion. He is just avoiding discussion, sitting back and hoping the town destroy themselves. Trevor needs a wagon too.
Look at how much he's blowing the Trevor case out of proportion.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 233 wrote:Passive - I am saying "passive" because you cast a vote and sit on it without regard to new developments. You are still trying to justify your weak read on me as opposed to being open to re-evaluating it. Considering I am posting the most analysis out of anyone here, and trying very hard to probe into other player's motivation and scumhunting, I don't believe the only scum-read you would have as town is me. You are not trying to figure stuff out. You are not trying to determine anyone's affiliation. You are not trying to understand the motivation of other players. In short, you are not scumhunting.

"
F-16 is scum because he puts random bullshit like "not promoting discussion" or "avoiding the thread", or "being passive"."

This has also been explained. I remember telling you that I voted Aeris partly to see if anyone reacted in a scummy manner. I also said her insistence on demanding an explanation from me while not jumping to conclusions read as town whereas your unexplained vote read as scum. You have been ignoring the responses and parroting the same line that has been refuted.

You seem angry at the fact that you have to post. It is like you are irritated that you need to play this game. Mafia is a voluntary activity. If you don't want to play, please don't. If you do and you are town, at least post in the thread, contribute to discussion, try to figure out the affiliations of various players. Don't sit on a useless vote, get pissed off that you are being called out for not contributing, say you don't like the current wagons and leave it at that. You must have some opinions on the other players in the game. There has been plenty of stuff going on. For instance, what do you think of Parama's reaction to TUG?
Yet more posturing, and remind me again which players Falcon is actually analyzing? Yeah, no--he hasn't reevaluated reads at all, he's just hammering at the same old ones. There's no sign of the constant turns and twists that Town-Falcon does. Super mega-tunnel on two players go.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 244 wrote:I have been reading. I didn't understand your reads properly because you haven't been giving them clearly.

Anyways, could you respond to .

I have a *lot* of trouble buying Trevor as town. He is completely reactive as opposed to pro-active. I can buy TUG as Thor being Thor, Tierce is being pro-active, Leafsnail, I have a townread on based on his push on Parama. Maybe I am biased because I agree with him but similar thought processes usually mean similar affiliations.

I think what I have been trying to say in a nutshell is that I disagree with your reads because you are basically going the "too scummy to be scum" route. I mean, literally, there is not one pro-town thing that Ace of Spades did so, it would be great if you could explain that read. Why would you have a townread on AceOfSpades as opposed to say Tierce for instance?

Can you give me your take on ?
These reads are bad. Lousy justifications, and where are the other players?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 247 wrote:It is similar to you thinking Parama is town but not entirely agreeing with his case on me. Tierce as scum usually bandwagons. I've played two games with her as scum and she bandwagoned on the biggest wagon both times. As scum, she pushes lynches and doesn't probe into motivations as much. As town, she questions players a lot and tries to get inside their head and understand why they are doing what they are doing. Her read on Leaf seemed as such. She was trying to distinguish between scum posturing and town genuinely being suspicious. I don't agree with it because I was thinking the same thing as Leaf at that time (Tierce shouldn't keep her reads close to here chest) and said the same thing as well. So, I see the push as townish but the target as also town.
Yikes. The first bit of this is super bad, as I am an excellent example of Cobalt's Law as Town. I tend to be on the largest wagon
because I'm often the one pushing it
. The only reason the wagon I'm not on a large wagon here is because I've been a busy puppyhalf elsewhere. Hi there, clairvoyant scum.

UNVOTE: Leafsnail
VOTE: F-16_Fighting_Falcon for having a goddamned username that I always need to check when typing it.

Parama--please start playing. I know you're capable of it and we don't have time or lynches in this game for that silliness. Knowing that Aeris is not a newbie, how does that affect your read on her?

Aeris--to clarify Parama's RVS vote on me and my OMGUS, it's a reference to our last game together. In Destiny Mafia, I replaced in on N2, was immediately NK'd, and was able to make a post the next Day (hey-o mechanics magicks~) that pegged Parama and Reck as scum. So yes, it was a joke.

I know who you are, thus the form of address/some familiarity. Was still trying to get a read on you, but with that thing :up: there :up: you're probably Town anyway. (Pending a Falcon scum-flip, your interactions and his persistence in trying to convince you while ignoring your arguments for the most part means you're probably Town.)

Reading the rest of the game tomorrow since I stopped catching up on everyone else to do that Falcon ISO. I hate walling, lol. :P
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Tierce, your case seems more scummy than town-motivated to me. This was exactly what I was talking about regarding how you as scum bandwagon onto players. I am strongly convinced you are scum based on that. I'll post more analysis but a brief version is this:

1) When you are scum, you usually wagon onto a player who is already being wagoned. This applies here. You claim that you are on the largest wagons always because you are the one pushing them. That misses my point. My point is that you *join* the largest/second largest wagon after others expressed suspicion of the wagoned players.

2) You make no attempt to interact with the player. As can be seen above, there are zero questions in the post. There are statements that end with a question mark, but those are merely rhetorical questions for which you have already made up your mind. you haven't interacted with me in the slightest.

3) The vote on Aeris has been explained about 20 times so far. A huge discussion took place about it and I gave my reads as to the reaction of various players. Don't tell you just now happenned to see it and
somehow
managed to miss the multiple explanations and analysis given based on the vote on Aeris.

4) The remaining parts are all hilarious exaggerations. Will come to that later.

5) Lots of buzzwords like "lousy justifications," "posturing," etc. I am convinced Tierce is scum.

UNVOTE: Parama
VOTE: Tierce

It is also fairly obvious Trevor is not scum as seen by how much Tierce defends him. It is fairly obvious Aeris is town as well. Parama, I am not too sure.

Here is the most damning evidence:

In post 256, Tierce wrote:Parama--please start playing. I know you're capable of it and we don't have time or lynches in this game for that silliness. Knowing that Aeris is not a newbie, how does that affect your read on her?

Parama is pushing my lynch - me, your biggest sumread. If I am scum, he is doing everything right. From your perspective (thinking I am scum), you should be congratulating Parama because he stays focussed on me. Why do you tell him to "start playing?" In your opinion, he should be playing to absolute perfection by pushing a lynch on me, isn't he? Why do you call him out when he is pushing your scumread?

Anyways, I'll post more later and draw examples from Tierce's meta but Tierce-lynch today is absolutely essential.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Post by Tierce »

Oh hey who needs sleep anyway. I'll deal with the other players later as promised, but this is too delicious for me to go back to bed before poking at.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:Tierce, your case seems more scummy than town-motivated to me. This was exactly what I was talking about regarding how you as scum bandwagon onto players. I am strongly convinced you are scum based on that. I'll post more analysis but a brief version is this:

1) When you are scum, you usually wagon onto a player who is already being wagoned. This applies here. You claim that you are on the largest wagons always because you are the one pushing them. That misses my point. My point is that you *join* the largest/second largest wagon after others expressed suspicion of the wagoned players.
What Falcon is doing there is completely forbidding me from joining any wagon when other people have already expressed suspicion about said player. This is absurd--I have a whole new slew of reasons to vote him, and any incursion into my Town meta will show that I have often voted people who were already being voted/had suspicion on them. It is not scummy to do so. In fact, this happened in a game where we were both Town. I'm voting for my own reasons, because I think he is scum, but because I'm the third in the wagon I'm suspicious. That's nonsensical and I just unearthed (a lot of) examples through several games that put the lie to that accusation.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:2) You make no attempt to interact with the player. As can be seen above, there are zero questions in the post. There are statements that end with a question mark, but those are merely rhetorical questions for which you have already made up your mind. you haven't interacted with me in the slightest.
For pity's sake. I don't need to go on a back and forth with a player if I already have a read on that person. There is a time for asking questions and a time for making cases, and I see no need to ask questions of you right now.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:3) The vote on Aeris has been explained about 20 times so far. A huge discussion took place about it and I gave my reads as to the reaction of various players. Don't tell you just now happenned to see it and
somehow
managed to miss the multiple explanations and analysis given based on the vote on Aeris.
Don't care how many times you explained it, it was still a bad vote and your 'explanations' do not satisfy my lust for scum blood. You mean this?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 95 wrote:
Aeris 60 wrote:But FF you can now point out what is contrived about the questions. I actually want to know the answers to those things.
At the time I voted, it was partly a gut feeling. The way you made 3 questions to 3 separate people made me feel as though it was not spontaneous. Also, you say "
if he was a scum read, why not vote him
?" and "
I want to vote parama for apparently not knowing who boy George is
" came off as dissonant and my general feeling about your post was that it was scummy.

I know it is not a very good reason but it was a start and I voted anyways because it would generate discussion and hopefully make someone react in a scummy/townish way.

Your reaction was townish since you insisted that I explain my reads, didn't jump to conclusions, and wanted more discussion.

Trevor's reaction was scummy. Just a quote and a vote. No comments. Opportunistic as well since I have started arguing with a player meaning I have my hands full. Best move for scum is to jump in hoping that they won't be attacked because I was already busy attacking another player.
Trevor 92 wrote:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 57 wrote:VOTE: Aeris

List of questions feel contrived as if you don't have anything valuable to add but are desperately posting fluff.
Vote: Fighting
Trevor, what is the reasoning for your vote?
Yeah impressive 'multiple explanations and analysis' going on there. Even if they weren't crappy explanation/analysis, that doesn't excuse how shitty the vote was and how much it does not fit with your behavior toward other players.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:4) The remaining parts are all hilarious exaggerations. Will come to that later.
*rests chin on hands* I'll be here all day~

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:5) Lots of buzzwords like "lousy justifications," "posturing," etc.
Yeeeah no. Those aren't 'buzzwords'. When you have lousy justifications for a vote, that is a scumtell, as you are not genuinely scumhunting. Posturing means "To assume an exaggerated or unnatural pose or mental attitude". Which is what you are doing in
many
of your posts, as if you're trying to fake a genuine attitude and determination and emotion, but since you don't actually feel/have those, you end up exaggerating in a way that feels very fake. And yes, posturing is a very viable scumtell. Been there, caught that scum. Had a slew of those in Maf.Triplicate (it didn't bother you then), Reverse Mafia and in Dresden Mafia--Nobody Special, the director, PiggyGal, GreyICE, curiouskarmadog, they were all rather obviously faking emotional states. (For reference, all linked Sixty-hydra posts were written by me.)

What's worse--this posturing 'buzzword'? You didn't have an issue with it in THIS game when I was studying Leafsnail:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon 247 wrote:It is similar to you thinking Parama is town but not entirely agreeing with his case on me. Tierce as scum usually bandwagons. I've played two games with her as scum and she bandwagoned on the biggest wagon both times. As scum, she pushes lynches and doesn't probe into motivations as much. As town, she questions players a lot and tries to get inside their head and understand why they are doing what they are doing. Her read on Leaf seemed as such.
She was trying to distinguish between scum posturing and town genuinely being suspicious.
I don't agree with it because I was thinking the same thing as Leaf at that time (Tierce shouldn't keep her reads close to here chest) and said the same thing as well. So, I see the push as townish but the target as also town.
You had no issue with me describing behavior as posturing a while back, but now you suddenly call posturing a 'buzzword' when it's used to describe your attitude.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon 257 wrote:It is also fairly obvious Trevor is not scum as seen by how much Tierce defends him. It is fairly obvious Aeris is town as well. Parama, I am not too sure.

Here is the most damning evidence:
Tierce 256 wrote:Parama--please start playing. I know you're capable of it and we don't have time or lynches in this game for that silliness. Knowing that Aeris is not a newbie, how does that affect your read on her?
Parama is pushing my lynch - me, your biggest sumread. If I am scum, he is doing everything right. From your perspective (thinking I am scum), you should be congratulating Parama because he stays focussed on me. Why do you tell him to "start playing?" In your opinion, he should be playing to absolute perfection by pushing a lynch on me, isn't he? Why do you call him out when he is pushing your scumread?
Of course he's not playing to 'absolute perfection'. I don't care if he's pushing you--he's doing
that
bit well, but it's hardly "perfection" if he's being a troll and letting himself be wagoned to L-1. I'm calling him out because I want him to pull his weight if he's Town, and I haven't excluded the possibility of double-bussing as I know you do it to the last consequences. You're stretching a lot if you are trying to paint this as a scumtell.

I haven't been mislynched for over a year now. As a wise scummer said--if you can't read me when I'm Town, you're really bad. Please go on and entertain me with all these meta examples that show I'm scum, as
nothing
in the above post can be regarded as authentic and I have provided plenty of evidence otherwise.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count X

F-16_Fighting_Falcon (L-2)
~ Trevor, Parama, Tierce
Parama (L-3)
~ Leafsnail,
(F-16_Fighting_Falcon,)
StefanB
Aeris (L-4)
~ Konowa
StefanB (L-4)
~ TwoUpstandingGentlemen
Konowa (L-4)
~ Aeris
Tierce (L-4)
~ F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Leafsnail (L-4)
~
(Tierce)

Not Voting:
(Aeris)

).
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Parama »

Lol
Dat OMGUS
Just sayin'
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 am

Post by StefanB »

Unvote

I just skimmed the game but I am sure that is not the place I want to be.

About Tierce I have to read that whole think, but uh:
1. About not beeing open about every read: Normal.
2. Joining waggons/starting them. Are you kidding me? That is not even slightly an alligment tell.

unfortunatly:
Parama: Not screaming what the hell are you doing, but you are extremly strage that game.
How would you react, if someone called you a Village Idiot?

About the OMGOS.
Well the vote of F 16 does qualify, but OMGOS is a wikitell, not a real one. So I hope that you attack the strange attack and not the fact that he is voting for some who is voting him.
But F 16 if you are town, you have allready decided Tierce is scum 100%. You are allready locking for scumteams. For that case that is strong. (exspecially the Trevor towntell it could also be an attempt to line up lynches)

So back to reread the game full.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:10 am

Post by Parama »

Stefan:
I would say that this game is a bad game for me :V
Just like go read my other recent games if you want, I usually can actually play
This game's just a mess but I know Fighting's scum so I'm going to push that one
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 am

Post by StefanB »

Parama: It is okay, I know you can play, so I exspect a not completly off game.

Vote: TwoUpstandingGentlemen

Before anyone says anythink. Yeah you can call it OMGOS.

But we have a Thor/Majiffyhydra, that plays complettly of.
We have 2 players who normally push thinks, are very vocall and in Majiffys case very ready to defend townreads and push scumreads over any logic.
Okay Maj is not there.
So Thor you are willing to policitylynch and this is your strongest push?
You are more agresive than that normally.
And have you a not scumread on everyone in this game?

F-16: I don't like one vote in this game from you, except the first. It wouldn't be a big compromise to vote you.

Leaf: You have push Tierce for reads, why only her? Are you okay with the reads of let's say Thor/Maj, who is calling everyone scum? And why is that less of a problem for you than Tierce? (Yes I know I may be pushing on one think.

Konowa: Hope for more activity, I can't read you.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:50 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay, Aeris, Parama, Tierce and Trevor are people I start with townreads on.
So that's for my first read.
Hello all, exspecially Maj(still sorry), Thor (grin) Parama(one newbiegame), Tierce(again) and Konowa.
I don't think I have played with anyone else.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Konowa »

The early dissonance between the heads in TuG, is actually what I was referring to in that post, Tierce. I was trying to see if it would continue, but as Thor appears to be the only head actually posting I can’t tell. As far as the passive aggressive statement, I feel like I already explained that. Yes, it leans more towards behavioral, but I was trying to figure out your motivation for –not- pursuing Leaf for something that I think Tierce as town would push.

The above being said, 257 by F-16 is scum. He starts off by saying that Tierce’s case is scum motivated, but then doesn’t address any aspects as to –why- it is scum motivated. He instead veers into behavioral analysis of Tierce, which is awful as it tries to pin Tierce into a corner thus preventing future analysis on her part.

unvote;
Vote: F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Aeris is likely town because of this.
Gut is saying TuG is other scum. The F-16/TuG interaction doesn't feel like it is genuine.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 am

I think I am at L-1. I am the innocent child. I'll post more later.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am

Post by StefanB »

What?
No CC from me.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 am

The mod reveals the innocent child at rarefaction (we know that my role exists as it is part of the setup information). I am assuming "what" refers to asking me why the mod hasn't confirmed me?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Konowa »

Ere on the side of caution and all. Shouldn’t correct play be to leave him alive till Rarefaction and if he is still alive and not mod-confirmed auto-lynch? Also, if F-16 is scum fakeclaiming there should be no more CC’s until we can discuss this quickly?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:44 am

Konowa, what do you think of Tierce's behavioral analysis and why do you think it is scum-motivated to address behavioral analysis? Also, I had a final this morning. I said in my post that I would address Tierce's case later so why is the fact that I didn't address it cause for FOS?
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 am

Post by StefanB »

F-16: No the what was meant to be a combination of:
F-16 is town, the inocent child astonish.
Shit the first on L-1 is the IC.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Konowa: Nope. CC leads to a dead scum now (or tomorrow). Gives us more lynches before the RF.
So I am for CC. (This is why I outed that I am not the IC)
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 am

Post by StefanB »

F-16: You mean for a vote?
And it was an L-1 vote.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 am

In post 273, StefanB wrote:F-16: You mean for a vote?
And it was an L-1 vote.

Sorry, I don't follow. What are referring to?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”