Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Bacde »

@Rob13 has JMO had any actions that you consider scummy or is it just this interaction that is throwing you off? Cuz I'll admit I have a townread on JMO so I've been cutting him slack in places such as his WIFOM logic post because I see him as a weaker player. I said "Good Post" because he said he thought nacho was fishy. I still don't see him as scum and he hasn't been trying to lead anyone astray, as a scum player would.

Nacho is acting in a manner that I didn't expect him to be today, and that is giving me a more town view of him. More on this read with his next post. I'm still not convinced but for the time being I can believe that he might be town.

Honestly I was expecting Disturbed to be scum, and I was expecting Nacho to be hardcore pushing on me.

I've noticed a lot of people speculating about my role and I don't really know how to address that. ICENinja calling it a "genius" claim for scum leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Is it also a genius claim for town? I don't really see why you would put a vig on me since it is highly likely I will be dying at night this game.

This post here from yesterday, especially the bolded part, throws me off:
In post 294, Cheery Dog wrote:
Though I think I may have read too much into each of the cases and agreed with them,
my current scum reads are pretty much level with the current thoughts of the town.
(and Bacde came close to being voted with Jabberwock's case, and probably would have been (well except it would have been a lynch and I want to be more acquainted with this game before that happens) if it wasn't a claim I believe it probably true.

Vote: Cheery Dog

I want to see where this rabbit hole goes.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 419, iamausername wrote:
In post 417, Nachomamma8 wrote:why else do you think jmo is scum?

total lack of scumhunting, mostly. also post 252 is pretty bad in light of Shamrock's flip.

When momentum is coming down on your partner like a sledgehammer, it seems like a bit of a poor time to bring out the chainsaw.

would like to see rob's scumreads that aren't based on bacde flipping scum
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:53 am

Post by ICEninja »

Bacde wrote:
ICENinja calling it a "genius" claim for scum leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Is it also a genius claim for town?

What a retarded question. If you're a town bodyguard, then you claim bodyguard. If you aren't, then you don't. Scum, however, need to carefully decide.
Bacde wrote:
I don't really see why you would put a vig on me since it is highly likely I will be dying at night this game.

If you're scum, you'll only be dying at night if a vig shoots you. Which i sincerely hope happens. If you're town, the only way you're dying at night is if you successfully bodyguard someone. Scum will not target you, regardless of alignment. Plain and simple. They know for a fact that we must lynch you at some point.

This is why I want a vig to shoot you, so either we gain a lynch (you're scum) or we don't lose a lynch (you're town).
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 am

Post by Bacde »

You are being weirdly aggressive to my statements. And my question was more rhetorical, but its cool that you answered it.

If you think I am scum I can understand why you would want a vig to kill me, but I don't like your reasoning which results in "we need to nightkill him whether he is town or scum no matter what". That isn't protown logic. You are saying that I am a required lynch this game, when in fact there is a high chance I'll be dying at night no vig necessary.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 am

Post by absta101 »

There's no Vig, there was only one NK.

@Ice & Bacde - Why are you two talking about Vigging?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 am

Post by Bacde »

@absta -- Good question, we are mostly speaking in hypotheticals right now. Look at this post where ICENinja brought up the subject of a vigilante:

In post 414, ICEninja wrote:
Anyways, while I feel pretty confident about Bacde scum, I'm starting to feel like lynching him tomorrow would be a better idea. Especially if we have a vig, who should aim a bullet in his direction. If Bacde were to die through course of a night action, it would essentially be giving town an extra lynch which would be lovely. This also gives another day for any possible doctor we have to die, which would probably 99% prove Bacde's guilt.

Also, vigs often no-kill, so 1 NK is not indicative of the lack of vigilante. However I was more interested in ICENinja's reasoning, rather than the existence or lackthereof of a vig.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:04 am

Post by ICEninja »

@absta, a lot of times vigilantes only get one shot, so they don't use it their first night. Also, unless you're reasonably confident about taking your shot, it's risky to shoot night 1 as you're statistically more likely to hit town than scum. I don't believe I've ever drawn a vig role PM, but if I did I probably wouldn't shoot night 1. Especially if I only had 1 shot.

Also Bacde, the only reason I'm saying it will be pro-town for a vig to shoot you
even if you're town
is because we're going to HAVE to lynch you anyway. Night killing a town player > mislynching a town player. This is all rendered moot because I'm pretty sure you're scum.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 am

Post by absta101 »

Also, vigs often no-kill
I didn't know this.

@Ice - That makes some sense.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 431, ICEninja wrote:@absta, a lot of times vigilantes only get one shot, so they don't use it their first night. Also, unless you're reasonably confident about taking your shot, it's risky to shoot night 1 as you're statistically more likely to hit town than scum. I don't believe I've ever drawn a vig role PM, but if I did I probably wouldn't shoot night 1. Especially if I only had 1 shot.

Also Bacde, the only reason I'm saying it will be pro-town for a vig to shoot you
even if you're town
is because we're going to HAVE to lynch you anyway. Night killing a town player > mislynching a town player. This is all rendered moot because I'm pretty sure you're scum.

Something about saying that you
have
to lynch me makes me uneasy. Why am I a necessary lynch?
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 am

Post by Mirhawk »

You're not necessary to kill if we can confirm you in some other way. However, even doing that is low priority. Why waste a cop investigation on someone whose role is to die.
You have to die before lylo that's all. A vig should only NK you if we're about to enter lylo and you're still alive, otherwise we might still be able to benefit from your protection.
The problem with you in lylo is that if you're still alive it opens that whole can of worms about why your still alive or why scum didn't kill a PR. If you're town that would be a liability we could do without.

The softbuddying thing on jmo and bacade is strange but unprovable at the moment. It also appears to be mostly from bacde's side. Total lack of scumhunting iam mentioned is pretty apparent in iso. Only scumhunting I noticed was a small ammount directed at bacde.

@Jmo
Who are your current scumreads? I see no mention anywhere of a single person you suspect other then disturbed.

@Rob
When you wrote your thread synopsis did you read the thread and then write it, or did you write it as you read the thread?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 422, ICEninja wrote:
Cheery wrote:
I was just about to come and hammer him though :(

And it just feels really faked to me. It's the only emoticon I've seen him use all game, and reading the context of everything, it just doesn't make sense. ESPECIALLY considering how the rest of the post is his little "case" against absta, and he hardly mentions Shamrock from that point on. It reads very much as a fake reaction to me.

That would be reading take because out was, as per my second line of said post. If I had actually wanted to hammer,i would have done so anyway even with someone requesting that we didn't hammer straight away. I don't think I ever use emotes seriously.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 am

Post by ICEninja »

Still feels weird to me. Care to explain why you're responding to things but not scum hunting? Who do you think is scum, and why?
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Jabberwock »

Rob13--that case on Bacde is nice and all, especially the bits where you blatantly parrot us, but have you actually noticed all that discussion that says Bacde is not an optimal lynch Today? Why did you jump over that discussion without mentioning it, and instead keep pushing at a vote that is worthless because it won't lead to a lynch?

Bacde is not Today's lynch. Move your vote elsewhere.

Those Cheery Dog votes are bad. Look at this:
In post 359, Cheery Dog wrote:@ICEninja My analysis didn't even mention names, of course my weak points aren't going to point to alignments.

By not interacting with him, I mean that I haven't even had the chance to interact with him, if it was someone else on L-1, I'd be able to actually interact and identify how scummy they are myself. Since Shamrock hasn't posted at all since I joined the game, I can't do anything about him, while I have read his posts and can agree with others opinions, I'd still like to be able to confirm it more myself.
While I have gone and skimmed this game in question, I also decided to check a recent game where he was scum, this lack of activity wasn't there during Mini 1365, so while it this is high levels of lurk here, I'm not entirely sure how it relates to his alignment. Disturbed_One's almost 100% confirmed of Shamrock being scum is actually putting me off the lynch.

My stance on absta is controversial, would you rather I just commented on the popular wagons and just ignored everyone else?
But if you do need that information, from the popular wagons at the time I replaced in (which was the only time there has been multiple popular wagons while I'm been in the game), you are town, Bacde is leaning town and Disturbed is leaning slightly less town due to being a constant wagon throughout the game.

and why would your vote be on me when you've pretty much just called me null?
Why try to stall a lynch on your flaked partner when you can get good bussing Towncred from it? This cold-feet reaction makes more sense from a Town player who is afraid of lynching an unclaimed PR than from a scumbuddy who knows that anything Shamrock claims will be a lie. The paranoia and wanting a first-person interaction with Shamrock feel genuine.

(PS: Vote Melmond.)
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 343, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 342, absta101 wrote:@Nacho - Actually, why are you refusing to answer my question?

because my reads will change depending on what shamrock flips and what happens during the night
there's no reason for me to explain my secondary and tertiary reads now

Explain your vote on me and answer my question please.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:15 am

Post by absta101 »

@Jabb - Your vote on Melmond isn't a placeholder anymore, what happened?
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 am

Post by Bacde »

Its weird to me that you called Melmond a placeholder vote but now are pushing for it without any further explanation of that case. Why are you now so certain about melmond?
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Jabberwock »

It was never just a placeholder:
In post 368, Jabberwock wrote:
Vote: Melmond

Mostly as a placeholder but I remember not liking his replace-in content at all - the sheer amount of null/scumreads in #301 is very jarring. #334 in particular is awkward and a really weak reason to pull back from his Nacho town-read.
EMpire will be busy until tomorrow and I have a lot of travel prep to do, but we'll get to this a bit more soonish.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by ICEninja »

You just quoted yourself saying "mostly as a placeholder". I mean yeah sure you can say MOSTLY and never JUST, but unless there's some hydra dissonance going on here, this is giving me even more pause for Jabberscum. But something in particular happened (that I'd prefer to not reveal for the time being as I want to see if someone else will benefit from this as well) that makes me think you're town, regardless of reads.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote Count #17

Cheery Dog (2) - ICEninja, Bacde
Bacde (1) - Rob13
Melmond (1) - Jabberwock
absta101 (1) - Nachomamma8
jmo16mla (1) - iamausername

Not Voting (5) - Melmond, Mirhawk, Cheery Dog, absta101, jmo16mla

Deadline is in: (expired on 2013-01-01 16:30:00)

11 alive, 6 to lynch.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by iamausername »

Also, again in his 315 he said this:
Cheery wrote:

And it just feels really faked to me.
It's the only emoticon I've seen him use all game
, and reading the context of everything, it just doesn't make sense. ESPECIALLY considering how the rest of the post is his little "case" against absta, and he hardly mentions Shamrock from that point on. It reads very much as a fake reaction to me.

man i want to buy into this, the bolded especially sounds like exactly the kind of thing i look for, but i'm just not feeling it. i think Jabberwock has it completely right; post 359 just really doesn't feel like it's coming from someone who knows Shamrock is scum. Shamrock was obviously dead in the water at that point, do you really think Cheery would bother trawling through his past games if he wasn't genuinely trying to figure out if he was scum?

In post 426, Nachomamma8 wrote:When momentum is coming down on your partner like a sledgehammer, it seems like a bit of a poor time to bring out the chainsaw.

i've been trying to figure out a way to say this diplomatically, but it's just not coming to me. this is the best i could do; i agree that this would not be a smart move as scum. this is not serving as a barrier to my perception of jmo scum.

In post 437, Jabberwock wrote:
(PS: Vote Melmond.)

why not jmo?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 436, ICEninja wrote:Still feels weird to me. Care to explain why you're responding to things but not scum hunting? Who do you think is scum, and why?

I'm working on that (in my head anyway)
Also have been waiting for Rob's call on why post 53 is super town, since it hasn't happened, I'll have to put him down as plausible scum, he had time to right a case on bacde but not to answer a simple question.
My small case still stands on absta.

VOTE: Rob13
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

iamausername wrote:
In post 437, Jabberwock wrote:(PS: Vote Melmond.)
why not jmo?
Haven't really gone through him Today, but from what this head has seen of jmo in other games, he is a very raw newbie. Look at this. Everyone cares about not giving off scumtells, Town or scum, even though confident Town players will not give a damn and just post naturally. He comes across a lot like a newbie who is not really confident of what he is doing and who doesn't want to be lynched for the wrong reasons. It happens a lot in newbie games and doesn't make them scum, just makes them players with a lack of confidence in defending the lack of scum intent in their actions (they think behavior > motivation and haven't learned better yet).

And frankly?
In post 369, Rob14 wrote:Post #52 - And the scum gives himself away. JMO says the following:
1.I'm not sure what would have happened if I wasn't drunk. But I probably would have made sure I wasn't voting the guy that was already voting for me.

-snip-

3. I didn't lie about it. Being drunk doesn't make it look worse. Like I said, I voted randomly. If I hadn't been drunk I would have made sure that I wouldn't have voted disturbed one because he was already voting me and I know people regard that as a scum tell/newb move. Simple.
If you're town, why would you care so much to carefully avoid giving off scum tells? Scum, in general, are far more aware of being sure not to give off scum-tells than town. I find this super-scummy.
This is 1) posturing (before the jmo quote) and 2) abject crap. No, it is not an excellent catch. Newb-Town are as much or more self-conscious as newb-scum. You've modded enough Newbie games (hi!) to know this. The wiki tells them to be careful about how they come across, to not OMGUS, to make sure they are not perceived as scummy--the Town has limited lynches to use. The point is:
he was drunk and made a move he perceives as scummy.
Do you think such a self-conscious person would have been posting in a game while drunk if he was worried he was giving himself away? No, he wouldn't--the fact that he was posting then is indication that he lost some of that inhibition and posted because heck, he's Town and can do whatever he wants.

Better question:
In post 98, Shamrock wrote:
Disturbed
's reasons for voting
ICENinja
are really bad.
In post 94, Mirhawk wrote:
Abasta
, are you egging
Disturbed
and
Jmo
on? Because it looks that way from over here.
What is the point of this question?
You've called Mirhawk Town due to how Shamrock was trying to smear him. What do you think about the alignments of the people in purple?

ICEninja: Melmond has one vote. One vote. It's six to lynch, and my 'P.S.' was not exactly the sharpest case in the world. Not exactly worried about the speed of the votes piling on him. As I said, we'll get to this; Empire has an exam to finish and I've been busy as well. There is no hydra dissonance; from what we've seen of the Shamrock wagon, Melmond is currently our preferred The X Marks The Lynch. There's plenty of time, so yeah, that was a lazy call for a lazy wagon on the person we'd most like to see dead Today. :Effort: will wait until later.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

Purple
and
orange
. ITG we learn that mythical critters are colorblind.

Also, I'm not a wallposter, I can quit any time, I swear... ._.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Ok, catching up on this day. Sorry for not more constructively contributing earlier. I've been all over the place this week, and my other games have demanded a lot of time due to deadlines. My activity will definitely pick up as I move past finals. Apologies for wall catch-up in advance. Won't become a habit.

In post 368, Jabberwock wrote:#334 in particular is awkward and a really weak reason to pull back from his Nacho town-read.

Are you sure this isn't hindsight now that you know Shamrock flipped scum? Wanting to wait for a claim with a week before deadline is rather standard, and I don't see it as abnormal. Shamrock's six posts were not bad enough to warrant not waiting for a claim, in my opinion. If Shamrock flipped town, would you consider this questionable still?

In post 368, Jabberwock wrote:Still not lynching Bacde - him claiming BG and then starting up a counterwagon on his goon buddy is suicidal and non-sensical from a scum PoV.

I don't think Bacde's vote put much pressure on Shamrock. With it did do was twofold. First, it served to allow Bacde to put his vote in a position that is totally non-controversial. I mean, no one would argue with him for wanting lurkers to speak up, especially in this game. This could lessen pressure on him or at least prevent an increase in pressure, and he was certainly under fire. You can actually see how this worked well for him in the very next post by Ice:

In post 188, ICEninja wrote:PEDIT: I'm a bit conflicted now regarding this most recent post. The first paragraph once again seems to be him recognizing that he simply has no case but still wants Nacho lynched. I approve of lurker hunting as a rule, though.

Second, it served as a subtle indicator to Shamrock that he needed to get his ass in the game, which was definitely true at this point. No real pressure was put on Shamrock by this vote because Bacde didn't provide any case against Shamrock - he identified him as a lurker, which was going to happen anyway.

Also, Bacde was trying to put pressure onto Nacho for much of the end of that day. He also didn't keep his vote or pressure on Shamrock. I don't think he intended to put real pressure on Shamrock, and the pressure certainly didn't come from him. The real case on Shamrock came from others.

In post 371, Bacde wrote:
In post 369, Rob14 wrote:
Post #344 - The first bit is Bacde essentially screaming "Look! Someone's taking me seriously and thinks I'm town! I AM scumhunting! Give me all of them town-points!" Also, this "case" made me want to throw my computer out of a window. If you are
town
(highly unlikely), then you're tunnelling on Nacho because you know that a switch at this point would give you away. If Nacho dies during the night, I strongly suspect Bacde because he's backed himself into a corner with his overly aggressive Nacho attack.

That's a weird thing to say. Why would I care about "giving myself away"? I think you meant scum here. What about my previous case made you want to "throw your computer out of a window"? I appreciate your rhetoric but don't see your logic.

That sentence by me is borderline incoherent. Hell if I know what it was supposed to read. I was on very little sleep when I wrote that. Sorry 'bout that. I explained what I meant more coherently in my case on you posted earlier today.

In post 371, Bacde wrote:What about my previous case made you want to "throw your computer out of a window"? I appreciate your rhetoric but don't see your logic.

In post 344, Bacde wrote:Nacho, I like how you are finally addressing me as a threat to your scumship. I'm not someone to be "hahahaha'd" lightly away, and you are finally realizing this aren't you? I really like how you are concentrating on your read of me as town (as though that will affect you being scum in any way). You KNOW I have a good case on you, so you finally have to address my points. I KNEW I'd catch you.

In post 340, Nachomamma8 wrote:
OTHER PEOPLE
not me
OTHER PEOPLE

Blaming other people, focussing on having a townread of me. Guess what, having a townread on me won't stop the thunder. Why is it so important for you to emphasize both that YOU specifically have a townread on me, but that other people don't?

This doesn't indicate alignment. He just pointed out that your post #339 didn't make much sense. You acted like him thinking you're town and him identifying that other people don't like your claim is a contradiction. It isn't.

In post 339, Bacde wrote:1)Shamrock will claim PR

no, i am going through a worst case scenario IF SHAMROCK CLAIMS PR

You didn't say that, and now you are backtracking. Its ok, go ahead and flail loud enough for everyone in the thread to see. You got away the first time but now you are seriously caught.

A whole lot of rhetoric and very little substance. You fail to acknowledge that Nacho's post was specifically in response to a post that asked "What if Shamrock is a PR?" It was obvious from the context of the question he was responding to that he was talking about a hypothetical.

In post 339, Bacde wrote:2)Neither PRs will die at night if Shamrock claims PR

WORST CASE SCENARIO

Again, something you were caught on. I like how you respond to my really good arguments in all caps. It lets me know that I'm hitting close to home.

Again, a lot of rhetoric, little substance. Townies can't assume specific night kills because they don't know who scum will target. Indeed, if we acknowledge that Shamrock's claim wouldn't be well received, then it's possible that scum wouldn't kill them off because they are targets for mislynches.

In post 339, Bacde wrote:3)Only one of me/Shamrock is scum

worst case scenario
if both of you are scum, then cool, hammer shamrock now

My vote is on shamrock, no need to tell me to hammer him. Why would you imply that only one out of me/shamrock is scum? You slipped bro, plain and simple.

He clearly identified in his post that this hypothetical was if we got to a LyLo situation in which we have to choose between the two of you.

In post 339, Bacde wrote:How can he make those three assumptions without outside knowledge?

Assumption 1: How would I know with outside knowledge? If I told Shamrock to claim PR if he was wagonned? But now I am pushing Shamrock to be hammered now, and not give my scumbuddy with a fakeclaim a chance to claim. Why would I do that?
Assumption 2: How would I know as scum? You're a bodyguard, right? Which means that you could successfully protect someone and die overnight?
Assumption 3: Okay, let's assume that I'm making this assumption. And I am pushing to lynch Shamrock. And I lynch Shamrock. He flips scum. Now you are town and I cannot push you because of my assumption. So...?

you say that I am making assumptions that I am not
you say that I have outside knowledge to be making this assumptions
but that knowledge doesn't help at all

1) Yes, exactly those things. And because you are worried about looking town, which you have been interested in doing the WHOLE GAME. And lets be real, you just slipped that Shamrock is scum.

This is a clear hypothetical. He's typing from the POV of scum-him and asking you to identify why he would do what you've claimed he's done as scum. It's frankly funny that you're claiming that he slipped and said Shamrock was his scumbuddy.

2) Scum know more about who is going to die at night than town do.

True, but again, he was clear in his post that he was looking at a hypothetical situation. He was looking at the worst case scenario, as he's already explained to you. And scum doesn't know for sure who's going to die. Doctors, bodygaurds, roleblockers, bulletproof, etc.

3) Why are you focusing on your belief that I am town, rather than my argument that you are scum? You see, I'm not worried about looking like I'm town. And I really don't give a
[removed]
if you read me as town, because you are scum. You are focusing on the wrong thing. I caught you
slip
bro. How would you know that only 1 out of me and Shamrock are scum?

Again, he clearly identified in his post that this hypothetical was if we got to a LyLo situation in which we have to choose between the two of you. That's why his hypothetical situation has only one of you as scum.

Why is your defense that "outside knowledge wouldn't help me" rather than "I don't have outside knowlege"? This post reeks of "I'm caught but disagree with your reasoning" mentality.

He's arguing that your premises of your post on him don't even make sense because the outside knowledge you claim he must have had in order to make those assumptions wouldn't even help him make those assumptions. Disproving your argument by disproving the basis of it is a valid way to prove you wrong.

Responses in bold.

In post 372, Mirhawk wrote:ebwop @rob
FUUUUUUCCKKK that's a ton of bullshit to read.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have posted my notes. I kind of did it out of laziness so that I could tell myself I didn't need to write a more formal catch-up post with quotes, but I'm always kind of lazy while writing my notes, so it didn't really help make it clear where my reads came from and why I like certain people as town or scum.

In post 373, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 369, Rob14 wrote:
Post #53 - Absta is super town.

I'm not seeing this from that post, it still is just a weird post to me (and in my reasoning for voting absta yesterday), what makes absta super town?

In post 53, absta101 wrote:VOTE: Disturbed

Hit a wall with jmo, i'd be okay with a lynch of him.

This post struck me as an attempt to see how Disturbed reacted to pressure because he hadn't been under pressure from anyone but iam yet. Absta kind of sided with Disturbed against JMO early on. I think this is an appropriate reaction to the JMO argument, which wasn't getting Absta or Disturbed anywhere, and the fact that Disturbed's switch to ice was a bit odd and deserved looking at.

In post 380, jmo16mla wrote:I was shit loaded with finals. I know I didn't give my fair share of scum hunting. I even acknowledged it. I will re read thread and probably post tonight.

Okay, look forward to it.

In post 382, Mirhawk wrote:Also, there's no merit in lynching someone who's very survival (or lack thereof) could prove their alignment in the later days. Lynching him before day three at the very least is stupid.

I don't have much experience (read: none) with bodyguards and hadn't thought of this. I still think Bacde is scummy, but if he'll be dead in a future day as a result of a PR claiming, then I have no problem moving to pressure others instead.

Unvote

In post 386, ICEninja wrote:
Mirhawk wrote:
He's claiming a role that has double the chance to die at night as any other player. Just being alive makes him suspicious.

Not at all. The likelihood of scum shooting Bacde is just about zero. If he's scum, obviously. If he's town, then he's going to be an easy mislynch. So the only way he's going to die is if he correctly guesses who scum is going to shoot. I guessed Jabber was going to eat the bullet, apparently Bacde (if he was town) thought so also. Scum shot someone who wasn't the obvious protection. Duh?

Well, scum may shoot town-Bacde early (probably Night 1, which notably didn't happen) in order to free themselves up to kill a claimed PR later in the game without having to go through Bacde first. As scum, I would have shot Bacde Night 1, even though he was the "easy" mislynch. The benefit of potentially killing a claimed PR later in the game that could have horrible effects on scum would outweigh the mislynch of Bacde.

In post 391, Mirhawk wrote:ebwop
@Rob
I don't see it that way. Scum don't know who is or isn't a PR at this point, why worry about accidentally killing the only known PR. I doubt this was the reason they targeted Disturbed.

I concede this point, now that I think about it more.

In post 401, ICEninja wrote:Jabber just spent an extensive amount of effort buddying up to me. This feels sketchy as hell, as since there was no pressure on me what-so-ever, the only reason I can think of someone would want to do this is to continue to get me to follow along with their reads.

Identifying you as a town read and supplying reasons isn't buddying.

In post 406, ICEninja wrote:Jabber I'm not saying it's suspicious that you've got good reasoning for having a town read on me, but Nacho's "still liking ICE for town" is pretty much all town needs to say. Scum on the other hand would want to make me feel good by really delving in to why I'm town. Now if I was on the chopping block, then yeah you'd need to convince people that I'm town, but I don't think very many people need much in the way of convincing.

It's just as pro-town to explain why you're town now as to explain why you're town when you're about to be lynched, if not more so. If Jabber spends time convincing others you're town now, then town won't potentially waste a huge block of time considering your lynch. See what I mean?

In response to Posts 410 and 411: I don't think a doc should claim until the day before LyLo. If the doc is NK'd, then we lynch Bacde the next day and he's no longer a problem as scum. If the doc makes it to the day before LyLo, then he more days to try to prevent a NK (and hopefully succeed) and he still calls out Bacde and Bacde dies. We are down one scum either way, but a doc waiting to claim gives us a higher chance of a protect.

In post 413, Mirhawk wrote:@iam
Well you're completely wrong for the record but if you don't want to discuss it anymore that's fine.

Also Robs "catch" on Jmo is terrible. Any town player who acts scummy and gets lynched is regarded as a bad player, but somehow mentioning that you're trying to avid this is a scumtell.

There are other reasons I think JMO is scum. I'll write up a case on him Soon (TM). Probably tomorrow after my last class.

Post #414 by Ice feels like it comes from town to me. I already had a town read on him, but this confirms it further. I can go into this if needed.

In post 415, Melmond wrote:@rob: Why do you think absta is so town?

I gave my reason for liking one of his posts for town above. I can respond to specific points in my write up earlier if you want, or I can respond to any posts you bring up about him if you write a case on him. I'm not going to go through his ISO and explain why every single post doesn't look scummy. He has a near absense of scummy posts from my first read-through.

In post 416, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 412, iamausername wrote:
this is an excellent catch and i can't believe i didn't notice this myself.

I feel like this is a fabricated reaction.

And also rob, your case against me about voting, tell me you have NEVER in RVS, even as town, tried to not vote someone who was already voted. Same theory.

Your reactions were bad, not your vote.

In post 419, iamausername wrote:
In post 417, Nachomamma8 wrote:why else do you think jmo is scum?

total lack of scumhunting, mostly. also post 252 is pretty bad in light of Shamrock's flip.

That post was bad before the flip too. On page 11, he's still focused on the reasons why people were voting him on page 1 rather than on scum-hunting. That doesn't look good at all.

In post 420, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 405, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 393, Cheery Dog wrote:The nightkill is making me definity think jmo town though, he had his vote on disturbed the whole way through day 1, and if he would then go and nightkill him, it would be a waste of their cheif suspect.

Dangerous reasoning. It's called a scumteam for a reason, and a scumpartner choosing who to kill and jmo going along with it is not outside the realms of possibility.

That could be the case, I just don't see it when jmo had been on him all day yesterday. (unless it was to get him to move onto someone else I guess)

Watch out with this reasoning. It's WIFOM. I've used this exact reasoning to kill someone before as scum. See Newbie 1295. I killed N because I had pressured him all day and felt I had nowhere left to go with attacking him. I then argued that I would never have killed N because it left me with little chances of winning in LyLo when the other two players were people that I had said were strong town reads of mine all agme. I wound up winning mostly because the confirmed-town casting the deciding vote didn't think that it was likely that I performed both that gambit and another where I claimed to accidently have soft-claimed (when in reality I soft-claimed VT somewhat on purpose).

Note to self: Need to return to Post #422 and re-read Cheery. This will take a while, so I'll post the results of this later.

In post 425, Bacde wrote:@Rob13 has JMO had any actions that you consider scummy or is it just this interaction that is throwing you off? Cuz I'll admit I have a townread on JMO so I've been cutting him slack in places such as his WIFOM logic post because I see him as a weaker player. I said "Good Post" because he said he thought nacho was fishy. I still don't see him as scum and he hasn't been trying to lead anyone astray, as a scum player would.

There are other reasons. Will write a case tomorrow. I think I said this earlier in this post. Not sure, so putting it here too.

In post 425, Bacde wrote:I was expecting Nacho to be hardcore pushing on me.

Why?

In post 433, Bacde wrote:Something about saying that you
have
to lynch me makes me uneasy. Why am I a necessary lynch?

You can't make it to LyLo, in my opinion. If you get that far in the game, then you'll be lynched because you aren't dead yet as a bodyguard. So we lynch you a day earlier, which gives us a chance to focus on other people in LyLo just in case you're town.

In post 434, Mirhawk wrote:@Jmo
Who are your current scumreads? I see no mention anywhere of a single person you suspect other then disturbed.

@Rob
When you wrote your thread synopsis did you read the thread and then write it, or did you write it as you read the thread?

I want to see the scumreads of JMO as well. Preferably an explanation of his reads on everyone, actually.

I wrote my catch-up thing as I read the thread. I was lazy, and it is next to useless now that I look at it more closely. I can explain anything vague in it upon request.

In post 435, Cheery Dog wrote:
Cheery wrote:

And it just feels really faked to me. It's the only emoticon I've seen him use all game, and reading the context of everything, it just doesn't make sense. ESPECIALLY considering how the rest of the post is his little "case" against absta, and he hardly mentions Shamrock from that point on. It reads very much as a fake reaction to me.

That would be reading take because out was, as per my second line of said post.
If I had actually wanted to hammer,i would have done so anyway even with someone requesting that we didn't hammer straight away. I don't think I ever use emotes seriously.

Please explain the bolded sentence. Not sure if English.

Also, please supply an example of you using an emote in a town game. A few, if possible.

In post 437, Jabberwock wrote:Rob13--that case on Bacde is nice and all, especially the bits where you blatantly parrot us, but have you actually noticed all that discussion that says Bacde is not an optimal lynch Today? Why did you jump over that discussion without mentioning it, and instead keep pushing at a vote that is worthless because it won't lead to a lynch?

Bacde is not Today's lynch. Move your vote elsewhere.

Hadn't really read this day much yet. My attention has been elsewhere. Hence this catch-up.

Would like more of an explanation of the Melmond case from Jabber, which he promised in #441.

In post 445, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 436, ICEninja wrote:Still feels weird to me. Care to explain why you're responding to things but not scum hunting? Who do you think is scum, and why?

I'm working on that (in my head anyway)
Also have been waiting for Rob's call on why post 53 is super town, since it hasn't happened, I'll have to put him down as plausible scum, he had time to right a case on bacde but not to answer a simple question.
My small case still stands on absta.

VOTE: Rob13

Can't respond to what I haven't read yet. Sorry?

In post 446, Jabberwock wrote:The point is:
he was drunk and made a move he perceives as scummy.
Do you think such a self-conscious person would have been posting in a game while drunk if he was worried he was giving himself away? No, he wouldn't--the fact that he was posting then is indication that he lost some of that inhibition and posted because heck, he's Town and can do whatever he wants.

Drunk people to silly things regardless of their alignment in an online forum game. I don't agree with this reasoning.

@447: Sorry. I didn't know you were trying to quit, or I wouldn't have shoved a wall right in front of your face. :P

All caught up. Will get to writing up something on JMO and looking at Cheery tomorrow, as well as deciding where to place my vote. Probably will look at Melmond too, since Jabber seems to see something in him.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

Okay seriously this head is not reading :up: that :up:

Not now, not later. Either divide it by sections and focus on what is important or
get out
. This is not a game of he said/she said. From skimming this thing, I don't see any CONCLUSIONS, any coherent thoughts that go from A to B, and I am not going to read it. If you have questions/comments/air currants for us, make them coherent and intelligible in another post.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”