orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

231+232 were made close enough together that the scumteam would have hammered you, I think.

More and more I'm agreeing with chk/top. But then again, were I scum in this scenario, I would bus hard, so I could also see Rainbow as scum.

Either way, chk is a good lynch for the day. Thor, want to lynch with me?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Ugh wait no.

Rainbow, is thor still town? And why do you think so?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 251, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Ugh wait no.

Rainbow, is thor still town? And why do you think so?

Yes. Its two part.

First is that nopony has really made a case, yet he is getting a ton of flack. Basically I see one post that really bugs me from Thor, while the rest really arent giving me any sort of a scum read. The fact that everypony is just sorta plodding along calling him scum just makes me uncomfortable, and when I cant follow a case yet its popular, major red flag about it being on scum actually.

Second is more of just me because chk is just going to ignore it and say its a scumtell or something, but I dont think scum has been playing a long bus which if it was Thor + anypony they would have needed to be doing.

Just the way the game was instantly approached by chk going "oh hey we need to lynch Thor" and then having most of his reasoning be that we are scum together when all the momentum has been behind Thor is chk geting overaggressive as scum.

It makes sense the whole way through for it to be something like T12+chk. All the players who thought T12 was scum show up in the lynch pool yesterday, newbie players see D2 as a way to not get lynched at all so are afraid to go into the pool, strong players are the ones they target.

It all points to those two. T12 was amazingly scummy early and chk comes in today and just locks down the perfect stance to take.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 250, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:231+232 were made close enough together that the scumteam would have hammered you, I think.

A not unreasonable point - though Chk never 'checked in' again, as it ere. He did post again that day at 11pm in a different game, but by that point you'd already unvoted me. I don't think this is as valid as you think it is though. Functionally they only had about a two hour window to manage it in. A more convincing point would be to note that Rainbow was calling for a unvote as opposed to making some less specific commentary. That at least suggests a lack of coordination attempt in that post which tends to rule out the partnership a bit more - I think I'm being maybe overly swayed by the semi-hypocrisy attack from Rainbow paired with chk's 'well, yeah, that's scummy but you're doing it too' "defense".
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Chk - why are you so convinced Rainbow is scum to the point you have zero fear she's voting you (since, clearly you fear no quickhammer attempt), while still you are voting me?

Also, your attack on me sprang up after I cited you as my top scumread today - yet the attack on me is based off Rainbow's play.
Discuss.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Dash: You believe that nobody on the chopping block was scum?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Post by chkflip »

First, I didn't ever say it was scummy. I just noted the hypocrisy in Rainbowdash's voting after he said I was doing what he then went and did.

Her chainsaw defense of you reeks of scum-buddy attempts to look town. The hypocrisy only intensifies it.

My attack on you only sprang up after you citing me? Is that a serious statement? I wasn't even in the game yet, dude, so of course it happened after you gave your list of suspicions. My attack on you is over the fact that you're not playing your typical Thor665 mega-town play.

You do bring up a good point, however. T12 could still be scum and I still haven't tossed that possibility aside, but Thor/Rainbowdash makes more sense to me. And the more time treads on without a quickhammer on myself or you, Thor, the more it becomes clear that only OT simply cannot be scum. Thor/Rainbow, chk/T12, and arguably enough any other variable of the four could be the only scum teams.

I suppose what I'm saying is I feel like this clears OT about as much as anything could at this point since, if he were scum with you or Rainbowdash a quicklynch would've been achieved.

The only combination of the remaining four that doesn't work is chk/Rainbow simply because I can state with utmost certainty that I was online cruising through my other game, Facebook, Twitter, et cetera ad nauseam at the time you had a vote on you and the two of us would've quicklynched you if she were online as well. All I can give you on that is my word, however, so take that however you'd like.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 pm

In post 252, Rainbowdash wrote:

Second is more of just me because chk is just going to ignore it and say its a scumtell or something, but I dont think scum has been playing a long bus which if it was Thor + anypony they would have needed to be doing.

Also, Thor is known to bus hard as scum, isn't he?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE: Thor665

Only because this:

@MOD: It's my birthday on the 15th a m'lady has many plans for tomorrow/15th. I'll be V/LA until the 16th at the latest but will probably return the night of the 15th.

Discuss.

;)
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:29 pm

You know what.

This game
sucks
for making me think so much.

VOTE: Rainbowdash
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Here are your remaining scum-candidates:
Thor665
Rainbowdash
chkflip
Top12Gun

Now, let's examine the major interactions between these four.

Rainbowdash quickhammered on Day 1.
Thor and Rainbowdash have been sheeping each other the entire game, up to today. Rainbowdash has had a chainsaw defense of Thor that was based upon two points: No case on Thor, and Thor attacked everyone. The second one is blatantly false, because Thor hard-busses. The first one holds some value, but there was a 2 page interaction between me and Thor which went completely unnoticed.
-Even if Thor is town, Rainbowdash's adamant defense is still unfounded.
Rainbowdash and Thor have both seperately, at some point, stated that the Day 2 chopping block consisted of no scum. This paves way for a chk/t12 link.
Rainbowdash has been harping on t12 for basically the entire game. Current read is t12/chk as scum.
T12 is inactive, and just looks scummy. Easy target.
Rainbowdash/Thor/Toroid were placed on the chopping block. We know that after Rainbowdash was placed on the block, /nobody/ went after her. This makes no sense. If scum placed town Rainbowdash on the block, I would have expected at least one person to be questioning Rainbowdash about the quicklynch. This did not happen. Scum placing town Rainbowdash on the block does not make sense.

Rainbowdash is scum. Here is her reasoning:

Put Thor/Rainbowdash/Toroid on the block, for Toroid to be lynched. Pave way for a T12 mislynch the next day. That's game.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm

I also think that if Rainbowdash is scum, then Thor is town. This is because there is no point in Rainbowdash chainsaw-defending Thor so hard. Scum uses that kind of play to get a strong townie who is susceptible to ego-stroking on their side. But that's for tomorrow. Rainbowdash has to go today.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Thor: Do you find Rainbow's adamant town read on you suspicious at all?
Fujiko
Fujiko
Goon
Fujiko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Fujiko »

Happy birthday!

Vote Count 3.3

chkflip: 1 (Rainbowdash)
Rainbowdash: 1 (orcinus_theoriginal)

Not voting: 3 (Thor665, Top12Gun, chkflip)

3 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2012-12-21 14:00:00)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 256, chkflip wrote:My attack on you is over the fact that you're not playing your typical Thor665 mega-town play.

:neutral:

In post 256, chkflip wrote:The only combination of the remaining four that doesn't work is chk/Rainbow simply because I can state with utmost certainty that I was online cruising through my other game, Facebook, Twitter, et cetera ad nauseam at the time you had a vote on you and the two of us would've quicklynched you if she were online as well. All I can give you on that is my word, however, so take that however you'd like.

:neutral:

In post 262, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Thor: Do you find Rainbow's adamant town read on you suspicious at all?

It makes sense coming from a basis of T12 = scum. I will agree some of it felt over the top (the 'Thor is off the table' thing yesterday, specifically.
Frankly though, amidst a sea of newb players trying to call me scum for things that were provably not even applicable as scumtells (in general, much less specifically for me) she frankly felt like the only other sane town voice in the entire game.

Also, if you have issues with Rainbow bringing up how no scum were in the lynch pool - do you have issues with T12 saying both scum would be in the lynch pool?
A theory now also being shopped by Chk.

I did say that I thought it was an all town lineup yesterday - but look at that lineup.
Derp.

Do you see anyone as likely a Rainbow partner besides Chk?
Because I see Chk as the obvious lynchpin between Rainbow/T12 and feel that's the smarter play.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Assuming rainbow is scum, I would be open to a Chk lynch. However, I also see rainbow/Thor as a possibility, which is why I like rainbow's lynch better. Chk/top just isn't cutting it for me. I would rather accept the notion that both scum were on the block than no scum being on the block.

Can you just vote rainbow for me, birthday boy?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So are you saying you see T12 as town?
Or are you thing Rainbow+Thor/T12/Chk as the team pairings?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:07 pm

The latter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why can Rainbow/Chk exist and not Thor/Chk?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm

The scumteam could be Thor/chk. However, lynching chk when it's Rainbow/Thor would result in a loss--lynching Thor when it's Rainbow+not-thor would result in a loss. I'm more comfortable with the rainbow vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm just trying to figure out why she's the obvious lynchpin - if you aren't ruling out other pairings then the base decision that she needs to go first is flawed, yeah?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

To repharse - I feel like what you're really saying is you think two scum are within: Thor/Chk/Rainbow/T12.

While that is a fine stance, it doesn't help edge-u-mi-kate me about why Rainbow is the needed lynch. Can you expand?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Thor665 »

*rephrase, even.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 221, Thor665 wrote:Top12/Devourer does.
Rainbow/Devourer does.
And, actually - Top12/Rainbow doesn't make sense, so axe that one.

Chopping this up and melding two posts - but let's consider these pairings. Clearly you agree with me that you don't belong in any scum pairings, so I'll axe those.
Do you agree with my conclusion that Top12/Rainbow doesn't make sense?

To spell it out - look at her play regarding him Day 2. She's hard setting him up, basically she's buddying me, who clearly wants T12 dead, and is *also* claiming T12 as obv. scum. That makes little sense as a scum gambit because I'll likely come into today screaming for the blood of T12 to coat the floors.
Therefore that's a pairing that doesn't make sense.

You agree?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Reasons why rainbow is scummy:
Quickhammer
Putting her up on the chopping block and then having nobody go after her shows me that she put herself up there to be cleared. If scum put her up there, there at least would be some pressure regarding the quicklynch.
This paves the way for a Toroid mislynch, followed by a mislynch based on the T12 scumminess she's been showing flaunting around all game.

And yes, I would agree that rianbow/t12 makes no sense.

Would you really not put a single scum on the block if you were scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”