NY 160: Terrible Melodrama Mafia (Game Over)

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:54 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

don't see why I should when PoE from my perspective strongly points to you two being the scumteam. If you have a good reason why you/dy/nost don't make sense as a scumteam(or who else besides you makes sense as Nost's buddy cause I am not seeing anyone else that fits) I am open to hearing it.

In post 813, 4nxi3ty wrote:
RC, who were you referring to when you said: scum had a hand in sparing Nost's life?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 4.04

Nostredeus (4)- Empking, Plan B, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, RedCoyote
[L-1]

RedCoyote (1)- Nostredeus

Not voting: N, 4nxi3ty, Gentlemen Bastards

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA

Plan B (I'll prod if I don't hear from him soon)

Deadline

(expired on 2012-12-28 07:00:00)
(Extended 3 days due to Christmas)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding Plan B.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Now that I have more time (I'm on the bus on the way home so no internet connection so excuse the lack of links and quotes inside this post) I can explain in some more detail where our heads are at (Didn't get around to finishing it but will do so later):

Town

N's play here is nothing like what we've seen of his scum meta anywhere - that being his newbie game, the nightless and a recently completed micro hosted by Tierce, in all of those games there's not a deep deep level of emotional or human connection from his play, there's just him coasting by and not attempting to stop, reassses and look into things. His play this game on the other hand has him elaborating into reads and reasoning behind them to a fairly deep level, doing reserach to find out who was online near deadline and actually questioning people in a manner to get reads. There's a few comments of his that we found extremely town as well, I'll link them in [here] when I get home. - Particularly and .

Plan B is someone I was slightly paranoid about for some part of yesterday but his interaction with DY where DY blames Plan B and says he'll vote him if Jacob ends up flipping scum does not read as partner interaction at all, nothing like it. His reconsideration of his reads to step back from pushing Nero Cain and also again on UT both read as fairly big town-tells as well but all up just from his interaction with DY alone very much happy to rule him out as scum.

Empking is probably the more difficult read to explain but his replace in reads post alongside with the comment of 'really theam' is one of the most genuine things I've seen, it's a comment I expect from Empking-Town and not at all from Empking-Scum specifically as well. There's a few other reads we're pretty positive he's town but will go into that later when I'm back at the internet or I can just pawn of explaining this read to Empire.

4nxiety, can sort of understand the 'your reads have lost value in this game' since we've been dead wrong on ToonFighter and Piggy but other than those reads I don't think we've been that far off elsewhere, we were right on UT and Jacob being town as well as leaning towards Nero being town as well. So instead of completely discounting our opinion slowly explain to me what we're missing about Nost. I do agree that adorkable (the predeccessors) play was completely terrible and that their 'called it' mention of DY despite never actually stating him as a scum-read looks like an attempt to grab some cred and their lurky play and excuses for it are bullshit but what about
Nosts
play specifically do you find scummy and the more detail you go into the better.

F-16, we need to see a fuckload more of your thought process and reads in the thread.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 848, 4nxi3ty wrote:nah reg im tired of waiting for you to come around, im certain that nost is scum and rc stands a good chance at being his buddy, i have tried to convince you of this but you're not listening. despite being a good scumhunter your opinions have lost their value to me in this particular game.

Awesome, if you think you're right then hop on the RC wagon with me; either way you get to lynch scum right? Only this way I get to put town back on track before I get mis-lynched.

I'm going to be LA for the next 13 hours; another game is about to reach deadline.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Actually can someone unvote please.

I don't even want there to be the possibility of the day ending early. We have 10 days until deadline and there's a lot we still want to clear up and get done.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

*sighs*
*flicks playstyle switch*

In post 853, Gentlemen Bastards wrote: So instead of completely discounting our opinion slowly explain to me what we're missing about Nost. I do agree that adorkable (the predeccessors) play was completely terrible and that their 'called it' mention of DY despite never actually stating him as a scum-read looks like an attempt to grab some cred and their lurky play and excuses for it are bullshit but what about
Nosts
play specifically do you find scummy and the more detail you go into the better.
I'm not discounting all of your opinions, just the ones about Nost and RC. I think you are spot on about PlanB and N.

I still agree that Nost's DY read was an attempt at a fake towntell. And his explanation felt manufactured with the express purpose of explaining away the towntell attempt, rather than a natural explanation of how he read the game.
Spoiler: Also a lie can be found in his explanation
In post 658, Nostredeus wrote:I next looked at the case against my slot and responded before putting down a summary of the scum, FoS, Town reads that I had.

In post 633, Nostredeus wrote:So to be clear you guys are saying that after 3 days your strongest scum read is down to me mis-spelling a name after reading 25 pages in a ridiculously short time? Really?
If he looked at the case against him he would've seen that some of our reasons were based on adorkable's play. He is either feigning surprise that people's strongest scumread is only based on him misspelling a name or he didn't actually look at the case against him.

Then there is Nost's overconfidence in his GB/Empking scumreads upon replacing, but ends up dropping his GB read when he sees he is losing that battle.

When given the choice between voting Empking (someone who Nost is very adamant is scum) and F16 (someone who Nost didn't even mention before) he chooses F16 because of bigger wagon?

The way Nost characterizes himself as a mislynch is very propagandic. Compare it to F16's use in post 819. F16 is trying to explain a scumread, whereas Nost is repeatedly going "Look Everyone! Ima Mislynch!"

In post 814, Nostredeus wrote:
In post 735, Plan B wrote:UNVOTE: RedCoyote
VOTE: Nostredeus

Throws the town into disarray at the lead up to deadline for no stated reason; making sure RC lives and making sure the only outcome is a no lynch or me dead, which as you'll no doubt end up seeing would have been a mis-lynch.
If he actually read the rest of Plan B's posts he would've seen Plan B had reasons and wanted Nost's lynch for sometime but didn't have enough support. When momentum started shifting back to Nost, Plan B returned to voting his preferred lynch. Nost was probably skimming and didn't really consider who was most likely scum when he made the comment "No one is paying attention to the people who joined my wagon yesterday as suspicious"

Spoiler: Where I first got the idea the RC and Nost were buddies
In post 605, Nostredeus wrote:Wow this is a damn messy game...

So I got bored reading everyone's ISOs, I might read some more of them if it seems useful. A few thoughts:

At first glance I wanted to give piggy some serious rope, after the claim I'd have chilled too; I'm not sure why everyone else thought it was worth burning the D1 lynch there instead of D2 or D3.

Having said that the way in which Demon Core pushed for the hammer screamed town rather than opportunistic scum; DC can have town cred for that.

The Gentleman-B slot and the 4nxi3ty slot look like they need rope; super sketchy jumping the Nero wagon for the Piggy wagon.

Nero gets suspicion because they did that. (But dies N2 so w.e)

----D1 over----

Day 2's lynch just makes me want to heap the rope on GB and 4anxi3ty.

Empking can join the GB, 4anxi3ty scum read list after the lynch.

----D2 over----

UT is clearly town. I'm still deciding what that implies for DY but given the scum read on Emp i'm actually leading town there too and probably UT/DY should reassess each other, neither of them are helping town whilst probably both being town.

Emp get's more suspicion today too, no idea how you guys have let him/her coast through like that.

Post #585.
:roll:

The Nero claim was clearly legit so I'm not sure why #577 matters at all to me beyond it being a terrible reason for lynching this slot. :roll:

Scum: Emp, GB, 4anxi3ty
FoS: RedCoyote

Town: DoomCore, UT and probably DoomYoshi
Everyone else: meh.

Note the post 585 comment, It refers to RC. Every other suspect has their name attached to their reason. Seems like he is hesitant to associate RC with scumminess. Further evidence by avoiding placing RC in the scum pile.

*wonders if that is detailed enough*
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 am

Post by DeasVail »

Prodding F-16_Fighting_Falcon

Edit: Replacing Plan B
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by N »

Has Anxiety claimed the hammer? I think Nost should claim.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 856, 4nxi3ty wrote:
When given the choice between voting Empking (someone who Nost is very adamant is scum) and F16 (someone who Nost didn't even mention before) he chooses F16 because of bigger wagon?

To restate this explanation yet again: I have total knowledge of my alignment and only partial knowledge of both Empking's and F16's alignment. Add to that the real comparative in that situation and it becomes trivially obvious why I voted F16 over Emp, that comparative being; it was a certainty that Empking wouldn't die but voting for Empking would have made it significantly more likely that I would die thus the choice becomes "Vote Empking and die" something I know with certainty is a misslynch since I know my alignment with certainty (This would explain my regular use of the term misslynch given how key it is to this very explanation that I've had to state a couple of times) or "Vote F16 and F16 might die instead" which whilst I don't know is certainly lynching scum it is better than the alternative of definitely lynching town (me). If you need this explaining yet again I can do that for you.

Then there is Nost's overconfidence in his GB/Empking scumreads upon replacing, but ends up dropping his GB read when he sees he is losing that battle.

I've actually stated quite recently that I'm still looking at GB as potentially playing myself off against F16 but that I considered an Emp/RC/Plan B scum team (two of the three ofc) to be much more likely.

Note the post 585 comment, It refers to RC. Every other suspect has their name attached to their reason. Seems like he is hesitant to associate RC with scumminess. Further evidence by avoiding placing RC in the scum pile.

So your case here is that I just hoped no one would go and see who made post #585?

I'm cool with you lynching RC if that'll get your rocks off. :wink:
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Post by Nostredeus »

I'm a VT.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Responding to prod. More later.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 am

Post by Empking »

I support a Nost lynch.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:23 am

Post by DeasVail »

ArcAngel9 replaces Plan B.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am here!!!
4 to 4 now....
Who is on the lynch row?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

UNVOTE

I need time to catch up and vote again. until then.... let the discussion continue..
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, glad I wasn't replaced. I'm still feeling woozy. I got this wicked fever yesterday and I think it's finally starting to break.

4nx, pretty much anyone that wasn't on his wagon, me excluded of course. It's rare enough for a no lynch, but it's super rare for it to stagnate so long.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 am

Post by N »

Mod
: I'll be V/LA from Sunday until (I think) the day after Boxing Day.

In post 865, ArcAngel9 wrote:
UNVOTE

I need time to catch up and vote again. until then.... let the discussion continue..

Where are you up to and what reads do you have from that point?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 am

In the middle of family birthdays and christmas parties, noticed that Empire is currently spamming our thoughts qt so you probably will hear a post from him soon.

I need to dedicate some time and read through 4nxietys when things cool down.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:27 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

meh i could point out what is wrong with nost's last post, but i kinda feel like i should let others reach their own conclusions first.

feels like i am waiting for others to start playing, so this game can move forward.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:30 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Just wanted to drop by and say that i am still stuck with the catch up part.. but don't want to miss whats going on.
So, does any have a quick recap on who suspects who?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Escaping potential prod. I'll post soon. Sorry about the inactivity.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry for the inactivity on my part but this head (Empire) is going to be V/LA up to the 26th due to holidays. Sorry for the inconvenience.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:54 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

what is the current vote tally, when does the day ends?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 am

Post by Empking »

In post 873, ArcAngel9 wrote:what is the current vote tally, when does the day ends?

Nost has three. Nobody else has enough votes to mention.

Deadline in a bit less that five days.

People not voting Nost: Can I assume that you're going for a No Lynch?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”