Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 3552, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok MoI, who will YOU be suspecting if Zab flips town?

Frankly I'd lynch you. Because your "Oh, let's lynch someone else" crap today when it makes NO SENSE to do otherwise looks like someone who knows he will flip scum and is positioning himself for "Told you So" tomorrow.

Where are the rest of the Zab votes at?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 am

Post by pidgey »

I mean i can be interested in Zab wagon but i want to reread stuff and think things through.

Yates isnt, i think, scum because of the AV vote at the beginning, which yeah in context is could have been stupid and not really a serious vote as scum, but to me it seemed weird as a second vote. Also, his most recent scum team of you Zab Myk makes absolutely no sense in my mind, like, none at all. And in the same time i dont see scum doing that kind of accusation, it was pretty lame to tie you all up as scum

I think i can join an Acomist wagon for sure, maybe a zabriel and a myk (not sure with this guy anymore as much as id love him to be scum), and maaaybe jason too. For now. Until further rereads.

MoI: The day has less than a day from starting. Dont really want a lynch to happen that soon. Also I have work in 20 minutes.
-----------------
Sup
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 3572, pidgey wrote:I really cant believe that someone like acosmist is still playing the game without pressure on him.

I actually would love to lynch his ass.

lol
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@MoI: Nope, Im town. And Zabriel is probably not scum. Scum Zab would have to be really really dumb to make post 3171. Like really, that makes no sense at all. And he was really genuine all D1. If you want to lynch him for being lurkaderp, lynch Yates instead.

And Yates's bullshit connections and predictions are prob him just going for the "OMG I had no idea that Zab was town!! Look how little I know, I must be town!" when Zab flips town. And he can then backpedal away and come up with new reads.

Seriously, how the fuck is yates getting a pass for AV voting him on like day 2.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 am

Post by zabriel »

You don't think that Yates as scum would have been voting for a partner that early in the game? Is that the crux of your argument pidgey?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3484, zabriel wrote:I don't know if I'm allowed to comment on the failed rush on me, but when a lynch doesn't go through, I tend to think that it means that scum was already piled on rather than waiting to jump on. Regardless of what anybody thinks of me, what does everybody think of Yates not being on my wagon at the end of yesterday, but eager to restart it today?

Pidgey, you have town on Yates because of AV. Would you mind going back over that and telling us what you think makes Yates seem more town?

Why would you not be allowed to comment? And not only comment, but here's the wagon, who's scum and who's town on it?

zabriel - 7 (MagnaofIllusion, jasonT1981,
Cheery Dog
, Kise, Acosmist, pidgey, AngryPidgeon)
Yates - 3 (mastin2, zabriel, mykonian)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, PeregrineV)
jasonT1981 - 1 (Yates)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

If I was the messenger, I did not target Aco
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3500, mastin2 wrote:And also, reviewing VCA; I compiled every votecount in my personal quicktopic for reference even when I'm away from the site.

I would like you to link to this, and then, if you wish to keep ongoing thoughts personal, start a new personal QT for this game.

Since this is not a game related QT, I don't think it breaks any rules.

For example, here's one where I am/was trying to see how much scum are on my day1 lynch wagons.

http://preview.quicktopic.com/46/H/S9tumbqLqxVA7

So, your link to your "old" personal QT for this game would be most excellent!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3519, AngryPidgeon wrote:Re Messenger: I already claimed that the messenger targeted me last night..

Did the message include why they didn't target Acomist? I think we argued pretty hard about this yesterday, and if your thoughts on why they did or didn't target him have changed any. And if they have changed, then why?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

PV, I compiled every votecount.

I've not yet analyzed it. The VCs are there, the A is to come later.

'Sides, as a general rule, I never link to a QT I've made 'til either the game's over or I'm dead. I mean, yeah, it's just my notes, but depending on how strict or loose the mod is, me posting it could theoretically be considered a violation of Rules 1 and 2. Especially since I copy-pasted the messages from the messenger word-for-word into said QT, for much the same reason; reference when I have no MS.net access.

I can paraphrase my QT, just like I can paraphrase the neighbor QT, but I don't link to it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3584, mastin2 wrote:PV, I compiled every votecount.

I've not yet analyzed it. The VCs are there, the A is to come later.

'Sides, as a general rule, I never link to a QT I've made 'til either the game's over or I'm dead. I mean, yeah, it's just my notes, but depending on how strict or loose the mod is, me posting it could theoretically be considered a violation of Rules 1 and 2. Especially since I copy-pasted the messages from the messenger word-for-word into said QT, for much the same reason; reference when I have no MS.net access.

I can paraphrase my QT, just like I can paraphrase the neighbor QT, but I don't link to it.

I doubt it. No matter your alignment, a link to notes you made has no bearing on the game.

How many messages did you receive from the messenger? I thought it was n1 Tammy, n2 Nero, n3 You, n4 Angry.

Since it should be a single message, I think you can delete it. Anything else you quoted from the thread is already in the thread.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, I need to actually focus on work. Banning myself from MS for a few hours.

I actually dont see any reason not to out the messenger.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 5.1

"You live in Alaska too? You are aware of the Alaskan Indian-Eskimo Olympics?" -Vulcan Raven
"Yeah, I know it. You must be a real threat in the muktuk eating contest." -Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid

zabriel - 5 (Yates, MagnaofIllusion, Kise, jasonT1981, mykonian)
Yates - 2 (AngryPidgeon, Acosmist)
MagnaofIllusion - 1 (Nero Cain)
Kublai Khan - 1 (mastin2)

Not voting - zabriel, PeregrineV, pidgey, Kublai Khan

Nero Cain, zabriel and Kise are V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion and mastin2 are V/LA until Monday.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 5 is 7 PM EST on December 26, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ok, just got home. Mykonian is the messenger.

He mentioned his reads. It actually reads kind of genuine and if he is scum then he is fucking epic at posturing. Acosmist was listed as null. Yates, MoI, Zab as scummy with Yates being 'lurkerscum'

Its incredibly bold for Mykonian to message me, all things considered. That is more likely to come from town.

Still, mykonian is probscum. Hes not a noob;I think he IS capable of bold play as scum too, so, eh. Yates is still the better wagon.

Yates is trying to look town. His posts about him being a CW to Zab and voting Zab immediately is huge cog dis. He voteparked Jason yesterday and sat there while Zab got to L - 1 and busted. Now Today Yates is saying that Zab is obvscum when he wasn't yesterday. He is basing that off his opinion that Zab was a CW to him. That is not how town thinks. Hes just subtly implying hes town but that perspective is fake as hell. And it makes it incredibly likely Zab is town if Yates isn't.

Waiting to hear KK's Jason reread.

MoI, why is Yates not vote-worthy? Hes lurking heavily and his content is fairly comparable to Zab's actually.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3575, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Frankly I'd lynch you. Because your "Oh, let's lynch someone else" crap today
when it makes NO SENSE to do otherwise
looks like someone who knows he will flip scum and is positioning himself for "Told you So" tomorrow.

:/

MoI, this ain't you. I realize this game is pissing you off and you are really obvtown for that. But there are persepctives in this game that aren't yours (shocking). I won't deny that Zabriel is lurking, but his posts are fairly carefree and THAT is a towntell. I can't point to many Zab posts where its clear he actually cares what people think about him.

His D1 posts look genuine and he was willing to play ball and omgus vote KK. It looks really genuine. FWIW, ISO him here. He flipped scum that game. Tell me that is the same Zab. Its not much but I think his posting is notably different here.

Oh, and this is still probtown
In post 187, zabriel wrote:I am not a fan of anybody on the Aco wagon. The claim fits the theme, but it's different enough from the expectation that it's unlikely that he pulled it out of his ass. I'm pretty sure some of the pressure on him is scum looking to push a mislynch.

Also, Solid Snake is a main character, and one that we'd generally assume is in the game.
I feel like it would be too ballsy to fakeclaim when somebody could very easily nameclaim and send him to the gallows quick.

THINK ABOUT IT. Zab is relatively new. Scum obviously have fake claims. If Zab is scum, he knows that. Zab is flat out pretending they don't. I cannot see him saying that as scum. Unless he is scum and trying to subtly drop a towntell by assuming something that is wrong and is generally against site etiquette. He would have to be aware that what he was saying was ridiculous and then still say it anyways on the hope someone would realize Occams razor suggests that he is town and actually DOESN'T know that fake-claims are incredibly common.. Thats unlikely given that his play really isn't a beacon of originality.

Scum-zab probably would have asked a question about claims instead of making an obviously wrong statement. And if someone tells me this is WIFOM, it will be my turn to pop a vein.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am

Post by Yates »

In post 3589, AngryPidgeon wrote:MoI, this ain't you. I realize this game is pissing you off and you are really obvtown for that.

So you buddied me when you replaced in - back when I was posting and obvTown.
You accused me of buddying MoI [amongst others] today - which was obviously nonsense.
And now you are ACTUALLY buddying MoI as we speak?

Yeah. You're not Town. You can be lynched after Zab-scum.

In post 3588, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ok, just got home. Mykonian is the messenger.

Nice bus. Reinforces my theory on the scum team that Pidgey was bashing. Zab, AP, Myk. Book it.

@Mykonian - is this true? Are you the messenger? If so, why didn't you message Acosmist? [just assume we already know you are scum so you don't need to lie]

In post 3588, AngryPidgeon wrote:Yates is trying to look town. His posts about him being a CW to Zab and voting Zab immediately is huge cog dis.

There's a difference between TRYING to look Town and looking Town because you ARE Town. Since you are scum, I can see why you can't make that distinction. Also, you clearly don't know the meaning of "cognitive disonance" since I said yesterday I was trying to decide between Zab and Nero. The fact that I voted for Zab today after saying I would be in support of his lynch yesterday is pretty much the opposite of cognitive disonance.

In post 3588, AngryPidgeon wrote:He is basing that off his opinion that Zab was a CW to him. That is not how town thinks.

As far as you know, it would have been a coin-flip between Zab and Nero yesterday. If it were as simple as that, yes the counterwagon would be enough to tip the scales. Reads change and I'm far more comfortable with Nero Town today than I was yesterday despite the fact I didn't agree with how he played his role the previous night. Combine that with the CW and yeah. The Zab lynch is OBVIOUS.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:50 am

Post by zabriel »

PV - AP and Aco are town. If no scum are off my wagon that would be the rest of the team I think. Off my wagon I'm fairly certain that Nero and Mastin are town. I'm wavering on the rest. I'm willing to vote for either MoI or Yates today. I'm not really sure I understand the case for scum-messenger. What am I missing?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Pokes his head in the thread ...

Is obv-scum Zab not yet dead? I see not. Carry on then.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yates, why did you keep your vote on me, instead of moving it to another wagon? I'm not questioning you thinking me as scum, I am questioning as to why you refused to move it elsewhere to help town secure a lynch and left it on me, as the one and only vote?
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 am

Post by Yates »

As mentioned previously, I was deciding between Nero and Zab at the time. I wasn't able to get back on before deadline. If I were able to, I obviously would have hammered Zab yesterday and secured the lynch. If *anyone* had reason to hammer Zab, it was me - even if only to save my own skin.
Please pm me to pre-in
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 3594, Yates wrote:As mentioned previously, I was deciding between Nero and Zab at the time. I wasn't able to get back on before deadline. If I were able to, I obviously would have hammered Zab yesterday and secured the lynch. If *anyone* had reason to hammer Zab, it was me - even if only to save my own skin.

Fair enough, I believe you. I checked your ISO in this game and user posts site wide, and right enough your last post here was the day before deadline (friday 14th my timezone), and you didn't post again until game reopening.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3590, Yates wrote:Also, you clearly don't know the meaning of "cognitive disonance" since I said yesterday I was trying to decide between Zab and Nero.

But you kept your vote parked on a useless wagon anyways that you werent even considering? Right Yates.

And yes, me outing the messenger changes anything at all.

I've been in bed with MoI since D2 and you are just now accusing me of buddying him? Your opportunism is astounding. My problem isn't that you are buddying MoI exactly. Its that you had a chance to move to Zab yesterday but opted to keep sitting on Jason. I mean really. Anyone with ANY sense would just move their vote over. There was zero reason to keep it on Jason. And now TODAY you are ruffling your feathers and talking about how Zab was the correct lynch all along. For some bullshit reason that the wagon didn't go through. Unless you want to start looking at people that could have hammered but didn't, the blanket statement that Zab not dying and being a 'CW' to you makes him scum is bullshit.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Yates »

In post 3596, AngryPidgeon wrote:My problem isn't that you are buddying MoI exactly. Its that you had a chance to move to Zab yesterday but opted to keep sitting on Jason.

Please look up two posts. Read that post since I think you aren't reading my other posts.

I'll wait.

Finished?

Now read the post immediately following it.

I'll wait again.

Good. Now that we have established that I was unable to get back on in time, perhaps you can answer a few questions for me.

1. What would be my scum motivation for NOT hammering Zab? Do you think I'm on his scum team? <- That's clearly rhetorical since Zab is obvTown according to you and 100% guaranteed to flip Town, right?

2. What would be my scum motivation for letting a no lynch go through if I'm scum and Zab is Town when I could have just hammered him yesterday and put my team 1 dead Townie closer to victory?

3. Are you beginning to understand how your logic is demonstrably specious?
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 am

Post by Yates »

I'll tell you what, AP; I think we know the Zab lynch is unavoidable. With that as context, why don't we re-explore how scummy I am tomorrow after the Zab flip?
Please pm me to pre-in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 am

Post by PeregrineV »

There is no wiki on the messenger role.

As a town role it is kind of pointless. Which makes it a good town role, since while technically a non-vanilla role, it's not useful for scumhunting. We've had 3 strong power roles die already, so some useless town roles should be expected.

As a scum role, it's kind of pointless, except to create WIFOM. As a scum role, it seems wiser to not use it at all.

@Myk- why did you not target Acomist to test his claim?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”