Mark Z Danielewski
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Mark Z Danielewski »

No, fuck this, that weasel wording on claim will not fly, especially with Williamson's flip. He'll just say he tracked Phelps to Williamson now to escape scrutiny. Should have thought about what you were doing beforehand, scum.

UNVOTE: Hulk Hogan
VOTE: James Joyce
Gertrude Stein
Gertrude Stein
Townie
Gertrude Stein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Gertrude Stein »

In post 543, Edgar Allan Poe wrote:
Joyceie is a Criminal. Stein is a Criminal.

I know these are not the results of any official investigation, so you'd be well-served to present them as the opinion they are.

Vote: Poe
A SUBSTANCE IN A CUSHION.

The change of color is likely and a difference a very little difference is prepared. Sugar is not a vegetable.
Mark Z Danielewski
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 am

Stein: why is Poe scum and why are you ignoring Joyce?
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 am

Post by Shaft »

Oh... I see what you were looking for now and I sincerely apologize for fucking that one up. That one is my bad.

>.>
<.<

*holsters weapon*

unvote
HP Lovecraft
HP Lovecraft
Townie
HP Lovecraft
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 am

Post by HP Lovecraft »

Voting Log, Vol. 3 No. 1Shaft - 0
Thomas Pynchon - 0
Edgar Allan Poe - 1 (Stein)
James Joyce - 1 (Danielewski)
Confucius - 0
Lemony Snicket - 0
Charlie Kaufman - 0
Oscar Wilde - 0
Dr. Seuss - 0
Gertrude Stein - 1 (Poe)
Spinning Paper -0
TS Eliot - 0
EL James - 0
Hulk Hogan - 1 (Joyce)
God - 0
Mark Z. Danielewski - 0
Marion Zimmer Bradley - 0
Rucks - 1 (Paper)

Not Voting - 13 (Shaft, Pynchon, Confucius, Snicket, Kaufman, Wilde, Seuss, Eliot, James, Hogan, God, Bradley, Rucks)

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch. Deadline is 1/10/13 5PM EST
Last edited by HP Lovecraft on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.
James Joyce
James Joyce
Townie
James Joyce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 am

Post by James Joyce »

In post 551, Mark Z Danielewski wrote:No, fuck this, that weasel wording on claim will not fly, especially with Williamson's flip. He'll just say he tracked Phelps to Williamson now to escape scrutiny. Should have thought about what you were doing beforehand, scum.

Sorry it was not a
track
in pantaloons and my weirding was not wizzle.

Hogan is, quite simply, guilty.
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Marion Zimmer Bradley »

I would like to hear from Mestro Hogan and Mestro Elliot.

In reading the large tome of information known as the Wiki, I have discovered that a lightning rod role takes everything onto him or herself. So I think even more so than usual trying to analyze the night actions would be far to a heady a wine to drink this early in the morning. Let us focus on more on the ties between the found Terran spies and others.
Mark Z Danielewski
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:59 am

In post 556, James Joyce wrote:
In post 551, Mark Z Danielewski wrote:No, fuck this, that weasel wording on claim will not fly, especially with Williamson's flip. He'll just say he tracked Phelps to Williamson now to escape scrutiny. Should have thought about what you were doing beforehand, scum.

Sorry it was not a
track

You lie.
There were no guilties last night
, not with a single death of a lightning rod. The only result you could have gotten would be an innocent.

Time to string Joyce up.
James Joyce
James Joyce
Townie
James Joyce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 am

Post by James Joyce »

In post 558, Mark Z Danielewski wrote:
In post 556, James Joyce wrote:

Sorry it was not a
track

You lie.
There were no guilties last night
, not with a single death of a lightning rod. The only result you could have gotten would be an innocent.

Time to string Joyce up.

Oh shush. I wanted to see the ray actions. You marooned it.
Mark Z Danielewski
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Mark Z Danielewski
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 am

Yeeeeah no. Not going to fly, you're busted scum with a failed gambit. Great to know you didn't even question how I knew you were lying, right?
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 am

Post by OscarWilde »

"Indeed I must apologize and thank Mr. Danielewski for correcting my error in judgment. I seem to have overlooked a few details. However, there is still the matter of Poe being named by Shakespeare. I will forget the words of Ms. Austen. She was eager to play the victim, and her words against Poe ring hollow. If however, Mr. Shakespeare felt death drawing near, is he the sort of man who might hide a partner in plain sight? His first endorsements were of Marlowe, cummings, and God. He eventually would turn against cummings, but he maintained a favorable view of God until his death, despite God having been prone to silence and compensation."

Wilde paused for a moment as he reconsidered the events of the very recent past. "Poe's opinion of Shakespeare developed naturally and organically. If either he or God are our enemy, it is more likely to be God, which seems fitting considering the horrors that have beset this place. In regard to Joyce, he seemed committed to the idea that Ms. Austen was one of us. He abandoned his vote against Seuss before the fight ended, but his last opinion of the conflict was that it was between two people of noble intent."

VOTE: Joyce

"Joyce didn't want to be caught with a vote on Dr. Seuss when we found out the true loyalties of Ms. Austen, but he couldn't turn against her without drawing attention to himself."

((OOC: Sorry for derping, I forgot that two teams had been suggested, and I didn't look back after Shakespeare's death to see that their names were given in different colors. Basically, my current thought is that Joyce's insistence on the gladiator combat being Town v Town seems ill-timed and just kind of bad in regards to how scummy Austen was and how one-sided the vote was. I think he was trying to get out while the getting was good.))
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Shaft »

James Joyce wrote:
In post 558, Mark Z Danielewski wrote:Oh shush. I wanted to see the ray actions. You marooned it.

It's not like there's a single scum team. If you were supposedly looking for
their
ray actions, they would gladly join you as they think you've found the enemy gangsters.

Anyway thanks for making this day easy.

vote james joyce
OscarWilde
OscarWilde
Townie
OscarWilde
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am

Post by OscarWilde »

OOC: Yeah, after that last one Joyce is obvscum. Nobody is falling for that one since anybody with a night action would have had it redirected to Williamson and anybody without an action can look up Lightning Rod on the Wiki and know that Williamson took all the actions. If it was a town gambit, it was bad and we're better off without Joyce. But it wasn't.

Wilde made a note marking Joyce as his choice for the day before moving on to other topics.

"Dearest Gertrude, why must you behave so rashly? We can feel the heat coming from your words. Your vote only shows that you are upset that Poe thinks you a villain."
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 544, James Joyce wrote:There can be NO diss cushion.

*falls over laughing*
Spinning Paper
Spinning Paper
Townie
Spinning Paper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Spinning Paper »

Amazepig pig pig pig...

Vote: James Joyce
Extra, extra, read all about it!
Gertrude Stein
Gertrude Stein
Townie
Gertrude Stein
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Gertrude Stein »

In post 563, OscarWilde wrote:
"Dearest Gertrude, why must you behave so rashly? We can feel the heat coming from your words. Your vote only shows that you are upset that Poe thinks you a villain."

Dearest Oscar Meyer Wiener:

It is simply my honour that I am defending, as I am purest of the pure, and it rubs me entirely the incorrect way to be besmirched -- publicly, no less -- by such a scoundrel. I believe him to be a criminal, and although we have other, more criminalistic persons to deal with, he will not be off my radar anytime soon.

Arthur a grammar.

unvote

I do agree with and support the reasoning therewith upon this wagon.
A SUBSTANCE IN A CUSHION.

The change of color is likely and a difference a very little difference is prepared. Sugar is not a vegetable.
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Edgar Allan Poe »

A kill! A kill! By hope of will!
A man is scum! A man is dumb!

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."
Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 am

In post 552, Gertrude Stein wrote:
I know these are not the results of any official investigation, so you'd be well-served to present them as the opinion they are.

Vote: Poe

This is hilariously bad, Madame, thou knowst it, and I knowst it. Thou will not escape my grasp!
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:11 am

Post by Marion Zimmer Bradley »

Are we really so impatient to string up Mestro Joyce before everyone has had a chance to speak? For the nonce I will cast my vote on my primary suspect, however I think there is a lot to be said about this case on Mestro Joyce. I need to reread the gladiator battle to check some things. For her blatant role fishing first of myself, and now of Poe,

VOTE: Mestra Stein
T S Eliot
T S Eliot
Townie
T S Eliot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 am

Post by T S Eliot »

I quite failed to anticipate our awakening upon my departure; therefore, let me be succinct:
[They will say: but how he neglects his poetry!]
My thoughts before the morn were on Ms. Stein,
That noisy Phelps fellow, and "Shaft" besides.
But before me now the conversation falls:
A drunkard's last breaths, and chuckles spread from one to all.

Initially I should have been more inclined to leave him for disposal by the horrors in attendance, preferring to remain with my original thoughts; however, in light of such an egregious slip, I do not appear to have a choice in the matter: Joyce is quite likely a villain, and therefore I can wish nothing more than his death.

Vote: Mr. Joyce

I do intend, however, to remind those others here that there is a definitive need to continue hunting, for who knows how many of the dread villains remain?

In light of this, I must ask:

Ms. Stein:

Do you dare
Disturb the game with lies?
Is your play just wicked-seeming
For some reasons? Or for treason
Which we truly would despise?
And how do you explain?

Perhaps I shall have time for more elaboration in a few short hours. For now, I must get my anthology in proper shape to send to my good friend and editor.
Lemony Snicket
Lemony Snicket
Townie
Lemony Snicket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 am

Post by Lemony Snicket »

The actions of Joyce I cannot see being the actions of an innocent. Innocents do not pretend that they have powers in order to garner reactions, much like a lawyer does not claim to be a witness in a law trial in order to improve his ailing case. No, Joyce used this as an excuse to rectify his mistake.

VOTE: Joyce

What is your opinion on Joyce, Bradley? You have not commented, a word which here means stated your opinion, on him.

I note Stein only justifying her vote by saying that Poe is a "criminal," which is thrown around prolifically at this meeting, and not mentioning why her original reasoning was legitimate.
Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan
Townie
Hulk Hogan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Hulk Hogan »

In post 541, Shaft wrote:Hogan...So what do you do when you're not filming yourself having sex?

Hulkamania's always runnin' wild, brutha. Whether there's cameras or not, the Hulkster's always giving 100% brother.

In post 537, OscarWilde wrote:"By his own admission Phelps ignored both Austen and Shakespeare. What sort of a person completely ignores two people that are revealed to be villains in the same day? I submit this for general discussion."

It's already been pointed out, brutha, that your logic isn't firing on all cylinders here, but I'll address this too--- the kind of person who didn't know anything about either of them, and frankly couldn't have cared less at the time, brutha. But I'm renewed now, brutha. I've taken the time I've spent away, and I've been training, I've been saying the prayers, I've been taking the vitamins, brutha, and yes, I've even been believing in myself. The Hulkster's ready to participate in this gathering, brutha, and scums--- Whatcha gonna do?! When Hulkamania and the 24" pythons run wild on YOU?

In post 544, James Joyce wrote:
In post 535, Mark Z Danielewski wrote:VOTE: Hulk Hogan

In Vestige gation reveals this vote to be the correct choice. There can be no diss cushion.

I shall surely die tonight (at the very least pass out from the whiskey), but I will die happy with steam mulating thoughts of Jane Austen's rank undergarments. Shed not a tear for me.

VOTE: Fred Phelps/Hulk Hogan

Lemme tell ya somethin, brutha. This kinda thing here, really makes my blood boil, man. Now, I been down the highways and byways for a long time, brutha. You and I both know this isn't true. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a liar, brotha. And then you say you want to look for reactions? Me and all my little Hulkamaniacs out there aren't havin' it, dude. So you can pack up your gambits, little man, because the time has come for Hulkamania to set its sights on you, man. AND WHATCHA GONNA DO?

Charlie Kaufman
Charlie Kaufman
Townie
Charlie Kaufman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Charlie Kaufman »

INT. EXECUTIVE'S OFFICE - DAY

Charlie and Paula sit across from each other at a lavish mahogany conference table. Paula thumbs through the newest pages of his script.

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

I see no reason to stop the momentum. If the action breathes freely, it will be a more enjoyable experience for everybody!

PAULA GARNER

Jane Austen and William Shakespeare... both evil? I dunno, Charlie, you're kind of pushing the line, here.

CHARLIE KAUFMAN

Evil is relative in this story, Paula... just give me a chance! Here, look, these are my newest pages.

Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Edgar Allan Poe
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am

On | for the | ONE MORROW | Madame DEATH | "Loosey pants" awaits | Stein.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”