Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

I was in the game you linked. I don't agree with your take on it at all. Camo was a super derp newbie that immediately self destructed into panic and non-sensical thought processes as soon as he came under real pressure. You said yourself that he got more shit than he thought he would; I strongly believe that camo with a scum role PM would've handled being under that pressure TERRIBLY rather than default back to his derp thing that he does.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Parama »

I'll totally sheep Nacho
unvote, vote: Sixx

By which I mean whatever
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 492, Albus Dumbledore wrote:AngryMastin: I thought Heather was scum. I don't think Jal is scum independent of Heather; consider me torn on that slot's alignment. I have a strong feeling njoseph is ineffectually trying to fake his town meta. AJ is probably scum too.

So. Njoseph is trying to act town, and I'm attacking him, but still scum. Tripping over your own feet? I mean, at least humor me with a reason.

but how does your vote going to help town now, you obviously can't have 13 votes on him now.. so why wasting on it. what do you think about thez? Town? or Scum? I am asking you this because currently most the town thinks he may be the scum, we all don't know that for a certain about but he hasn't done anything much to change anyone's mind. so his lynch might give more answers. so which side are you on? No lynch or vote Thez?

I believe that it would be a mistake to not try and lynch Njoseph. Sure, it may take a lot of votes, but I do not feel the wagon on Thez justified and other than that, the only wagon going is a wagon on Sixx which came out of no where in the last page.

Albus, did you feel that the Thez wagon was falling away and decide to head up a new one? I'm still a little baffled by that move. Not a real strong case to start a wagon, giving how many posts we've had.
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Ztife »

Just done re-reading the thread a couple of times.

thez is high on my scum-radar, the fact that he was been on the bandwagon for a while now with a high number of replacements/player shuffling, could be his scum buddies trying hard to shift the bandwagon. His reasonings are weak, and there are no real good reason to not lynch him other than for the sake of generating more discussion for the day. As things are at the moment knowing whether he flips town/scum would probably be the most informative to us.

1. not gonna do you any good, you mean as a scum? :D
2. hows your votes doing town any good so far apart from trying to draw attention from yourself?
3. Spite voting, not really pro-town imho
354 "harshly" which is a scum-tell to you, care to elaborate? as for all your votes..

59 Dumbledore, RVS
85 Attempt on roger Bandwagon
180Vengeful Vote on B&B
And lastly, as per post 349/354 above, you vengeful voted on arc in an attempt to counter-wagon which you
explained it yourself
263 You also mentioned that you think B&B, njoseph, SoraAdvent, ArcAngel, Parama is scummy but you haven't make much of a case..

In other news, I think JacobSavage is also very scrummy, I'll make a case on him later on tonight after I get the time to re-read more.

Also for vote's sake as replacement, my vote stands with thez for now, albeit for a different reason than the person I've replaced.
Unvote, Vote: thez
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Sixx
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 428, Sixx wrote:@B&B - its clear thez is your #1 but who are your others at this point of the day phase?
Thez is NOT our #1 anymore. Heck, thez is well on the town side of null for continously posting good. (The mod listing our vote as being on thez is a moderator error; we switched our vote pages ago to be off of thez--onto njoseph, if memory serves me.)

That's probably be either you or Parama.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 483, Nachomamma8 wrote:hey mastin i hope you're not scum
because boy would that suck for you
Good thing I'm not, then. :P

That said, if I had drawn a scum PM (again), misery loves company. :P

Butyeah, we're town. By what people are saying of sheeping you on Sixx (haven't actually read that, yet, but I saw it on the page my post was on), I think you're scum as well. We'll dominate the scum, now. ;)

UNVOTE: njoseph, (
mod:
check our iso; this is where our vote has been for a number of days, NOT on thez)
VOTE: Sixx.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 497, Nachomamma8 wrote:(Mastin does, give him a little while with it and he'll probably agree with me)
It'll have to wait. Vacation and all that. :P

Right now, I'm actually feeling a little wiped out when it comes to this game. Heck, I'm kinda having trouble keeping track of who is who. :P
Add in my dial-up connection, and that I couldn't log in yesterday thanks to some internet failure, and that it's almost 2 am here (so I'm pretty tired at the moment), and, well, I'll have to tackle it when my head's actually in the game. Right now, I can tell you it mostly isn't. :P
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

(*isos self* Errm...Or not. Coulda SWORN we changed our vote. Guess not. :/)
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 503, Ztife wrote:Just done re-reading the thread a couple of times.

thez is high on my scum-radar, the fact that he was been on the bandwagon for a while now with a high number of replacements/player shuffling, could be his scum buddies trying hard to shift the bandwagon. His reasonings are weak, and there are no real good reason to not lynch him other than for the sake of generating more discussion for the day. As things are at the moment knowing whether he flips town/scum would probably be the most informative to us.

1. not gonna do you any good, you mean as a scum? :D
2. hows your votes doing town any good so far apart from trying to draw attention from yourself?
3. Spite voting, not really pro-town imho
354 "harshly" which is a scum-tell to you, care to elaborate? as for all your votes..

59 Dumbledore, RVS
85 Attempt on roger Bandwagon
180Vengeful Vote on B&B
And lastly, as per post 349/354 above, you vengeful voted on arc in an attempt to counter-wagon which you
explained it yourself
263 You also mentioned that you think B&B, njoseph, SoraAdvent, ArcAngel, Parama is scummy but you haven't make much of a case..

In other news, I think JacobSavage is also very scrummy, I'll make a case on him later on tonight after I get the time to re-read more.

Also for vote's sake as replacement, my vote stands with thez for now, albeit for a different reason than the person I've replaced.
Unvote, Vote: thez

also going to make sure that everyone caught this
"yeah i reread the thread like twice and the one guy with the largest wagon on him seems like scum. also one other guy."
nope
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:04 am

Post by jeck »

In post 504, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Sixx

this + your post earlier makes you obv town in my eyes, if u were scum you just would just kept your vote on thez.
if thez is scum you would probably be scum aswell which I highly doubt, too advanced gameplan and non-existent probability.

unvote thez
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 am

Post by Idiotking »

Ok, I haven't slept since yesterday, so at least relative to me it's still tonight and I am not late. Or something. Anyway. This was written as I read, so take it for what it is.

I've noticed throughout the game that lots of people aren't explaining their votes when they make them. Basically all of page 3 is an example of this. This is a pet peeve of mine, because without explanations votes do not contribute to discussion. I've beaten this horse through two games in a row though, and about half the town has done it so far, so I'm just going to have to let it go for posts up until now.

I should also note that I am entirely in favor of policy lynching bad players on D1 so long as there isn't a vastly superior choice.

So on to reads:

Originally I got the feeling that Parama and B&B were buddying due to their shared reads and the obvious buddy cop thing they had going in their push for a Roger policy lynch. On the other hand, Parama at one point called for a investigation of B&B, which would be odd for scum, unless B&B is a Godfather, but that's too conspiratorial this early in the game. Later, B&B suddenly claimed a scumread on Parama without (so far as I can see) explaining why. Curious.

Additionally, B&B originally supported the policy lynch for Roger, but mysteriously switched in 222/223, hinting that if Roger flipped town the wagon on him would be highly suspicious, even though B&B had originally supported it, though having unvoted later. B&B had made no mention of a switch in reads, and so this unannounced switch is suspect. Additionally, the swarms of sheep following B&B's push for Thez are interesting, as is his (just easier than their) willing acceptance of them.

I get the feeling that B&B's playstyle and mine aren't going to mesh at all. He apparently doesn't see appeals to emotion and buddying as scummy, but I do. Now, B&B looks scummy to me regardless of these differences, but I'm stating this here so as to hopefully keep me from biasing my read on him because of this.

Thez's post 85 was incredibly anti-town, as many players have already stated. He openly states that he doesn't give reads unless he has to (all the while pretending that's not terrible) and weakly votes for the policy lynch target of the person pressuring him. Other than that he has been remarkably defensive, which isn't a tell, and a dearth of scumhunting, which generally goes hand in hand with someone who is being remarkably defensive.

I like AJ. His analysis is solid and he makes strong arguments.

JohnnyFarrar's 279 is terrible. His reason for voting Thez is because they have opposing reads of some players. This is just comically bad reasoning.

ArcAngel's rolefishing for a day vig is weird. Not a big fan of it. If a dayvig claimed this early he would be an idiot. Also, post 365 is a blatant appeal to fear.

I do love Jacob, Sixx, PM, and njoseph active lurking, by the way.

-----------------

All of that said, my strongest read is on

Unvote

Vote BirdAndBeast
The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:51 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

um, yeah.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: idiotking

the top half of 511 does not lead to a b&b vote in any way. Fabricated read etc.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:07 am

Post by njoseph »

@BirdAndBeast, Umm... you never voted for me.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:11 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 513, njoseph wrote:@BirdAndBeast, Umm... you never voted for me.

But I am not scum, so good for you.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (2): KillerApple, thezmon221
BirdAndBeast (1): Idiotking
Idiotking (1): The Mini-Librarian
JacobSavage (1): Jal
KillerApple (1): njoseph
njoseph (2): Aj The Epic, nhammen
Nachomamma8 (1): Bumi
Sixx (4): Albus Dumbledore, BirdAndBeast, Parama, Nachomamma8
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (4): ArcAngel9, Baby Spice, Ztife, JohnnyFarrar
No Lynch (1): Darthe
Not voting (6): DayVigilante, killerjester, PMysterious, Sixx, JacobSavage, jeck

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

In post 506, BirdAndBeast wrote:UNVOTE: njoseph, (
mod:
check our iso; this is where our vote has been for a number of days, NOT on thez)

I checked it, and at no point in the game were you voting njoseph.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Parama »

Nacho I saw that yes
I am thoroughly convinced he's scum simply by that post
But there's a wagon on Sixx right now
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 am

Post by jeck »

townie reads strongest to weakest

Darthe

Killerapple

parama
- the anger towards roger on p. 1 gives me a strong townread
B&B
- most activity
Nachomamma
- stated in my last post
thez
- same as above

scumradar - because I know longer believe thez to be a scum Im looking for scum that were voting on him, especially late or people that never voted on him in the first place.

Ztife
"Waggggon", sounds so scum in my eyes. was actively lurking in the beginning. the replacement however is a minus for my case, but still the strongest scum candidate in my eyes.

you're also on my scumlist no particular order:

dumbledore

mini-librarian

Sixx

Baby spice

VOTE: Ztife
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

After 28 posts, I'm still null to you. Fantastic job getting reads on people who have far less posts than me, I guess.
Sixx
Sixx
Townie
Sixx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:59 am

Post by Sixx »

@Jeck - because B&B is the most active he is then obvtown out of the 25 people we have in this game and he is 4th on your list... thats all you're going to rank town by, post count? lol I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe B&B to be a very aggro-town player(s) as well but not based on how he's the most active, that means nothing at all.

@ B&B - thank you for answering my question although its clear I had your number one wrong, I at least do not feel like you were purposefully ignoring me for some unknown reason.

VOTE: Ztife
you're not scum hunting, you're simply trying to follow up on this old BW and do not seem to understand why people are moving away from it. If you added something that was "new" to the thez bw topic then sure, go ahead and pile all of the previously mentioned things up on it with your new reasons as well but you simply are using what other people have said and apparently have not seen the replies.

now back to something else I wanted to mention - I think its funny how many of you are able to sheep but thats about it.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

DayVigilante is (expired on 2012-12-27 19:09:36) away from ejection for inactivity.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
jeck
jeck
Townie
jeck
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 am

Post by jeck »

In post 518, Aj The Epic wrote:After 28 posts, I'm still null to you. Fantastic job getting reads on people who have far less posts than me, I guess.

I had you on 23 posts for the record(missed a page) but 23 is not very much its about below averages of the ones I counted..

Sixx wrote:@Jeck - because B&B is the most active he is then obvtown out of the 25 people we have in this game and he is 4th on your list... thats all you're going to rank town by, post count? lol I'm not disagreeing with you, I believe B&B to be a very aggro-town player(s) as well but not based on how he's the most active, that means nothing at all.

I believe it does when he has more 25 more posts than the second but still I agree with you but its a good place start to look.

nachomamma should be higher than B&B thou.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Idiotking »

In post 512, The Mini-Librarian wrote:um, yeah.

unvote
vote idiotking

the top half of 511 does not lead to a b&b vote in any way. Fabricated read etc.

Don't you think it's extremely suspicious when someone makes sudden, unannounced shifts in their attitude concerning certain things in the game? Especially with the Roger policy lynch wagon. B&B helped build the policy lynch wagon on Roger, waited until Roger was being wagoned, then jumped off (even though in post 111 he said he still supported the policy lynch, and later said policy lynch candidates should be vigged so as to cover it) and said that if Roger flipped town the wagon on him would be suspicious. Doesn't that seem an awful lot like someone setting people up? And from what I read this wasn't a reaction test, or at least B&B never claimed it to be.

No, I think B&B is well deserving of a vote for this.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:36 am

Post by thezmon221 »

Wow. A replacement, Nacho, comes in and the game gets flipped on its backside when I’m sleeping. Holy Hell, where to start?

In post 492, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Yeah, I don't want this to happen.

unvote: thez

vote: Sixx
You don't want
what
to happen? Dissolving of my wagon or creation of a Sixx wagon?

In post 502, Aj The Epic wrote:Albus, did you feel that the Thez wagon was falling away and decide to head up a new one? I'm still a little baffled by that move. Not a real strong case to start a wagon, giving how many posts we've had.
This is how I feel too.

In post 512, The Mini-Librarian wrote:VOTE: idiotking

I agree. Only 2 paragraphs in the whole post actually pertain to B&B, and the second seems like his justification for bias.

In post 519, Sixx wrote:you're not scum hunting, you're simply trying to follow up on this old BW and do not seem to understand why people are moving away from it. If you added something that was "new" to the thez bw topic then sure, go ahead and pile all of the previously mentioned things up on it with your new reasons as well but you simply are using what other people have said and apparently have not seen the replies.
+1. He's trying to sustain a dying wagon with reasons that he adds commentary to that isn't even remotely novel.

I suppose I’ll name a few top scum/town here.

Scum:
Njoseph
– Honestly, I don’t even care if you’re scum because you’re not town with your “black hole” mentality. You don’t contribute to others, you don’t provide discussion and you are no better than DayVigilante is. And in case you didn’t know, DayVig hasn’t even posted.

Ztife
– Lack of novelty in attempt to resurrect a dying wagon. Post 509 by Nacho also shows a good thought about this. Mentions JS, but doesn’t elaborate on him, claiming to reread the thread later because, you know, he can only make one ISO at a time.

IdiotKing
– Fabricated Read on B&B is terrible.

Dumbledore
– Your vote greatly confuses me and seems like you trying to transition from one wagon to another.

Town:
Nachomomma
– Honestly, the fact that you legitimately changed the tide of the game itself is town. If you were scum, you’d probably just stay on my wagon. However, I feel you deserve this because of your actual contribution to the game unlike many others. ALSO, town credits for not putting off your reading of the thread for days on end and making sensible posts instead of BS like some here. *cough* njoseph *cough*

B&B
– After finally being able to think clearly about your posts with not having to defend myself so intensively, I’ve definitely seen your most recent posts as increasingly town.

Aj
– I feel his vote on njoseph has merit and his overall mentality of the game in recent pages is of a townie attitude as he is clearly frustrated by njoseph’s mentality like myself.

As for everyone else, I’m not really sure, a lot of people kind of linger around null.

So, since Sixx is having a wagon created on him, I think I’m going to go read his ISO so I can make sure I get an actual sense of where I should stand in this argument. His posts are a tad bit fuzzy in my memory, so I want to make sure I stand correctly for/against this wagon because otherwise, my vote’s going on njoseph, which I will do right now.

VOTE: njoseph

PEDIT:
In post 522, Idiotking wrote:Don't you think it's extremely suspicious when someone makes sudden, unannounced shifts in their attitude concerning certain things in the game? Especially with the Roger policy lynch wagon. B&B helped build the policy lynch wagon on Roger, waited until Roger was being wagoned, then jumped off (even though in post 111 he said he still supported the policy lynch, and later said policy lynch candidates should be vigged so as to cover it) and said that if Roger flipped town the wagon on him would be suspicious. Doesn't that seem an awful lot like someone setting people up? And from what I read this wasn't a reaction test, or at least B&B never claimed it to be.
Sure, it's suspicious, but is that all you've got? Because I feel that's a weak reason, especially since it happened early in the day.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:48 am

Post by thezmon221 »

Okay, I went back and read Sixx's ISO, but I personally found nothing notably scummy apart from a lack of contribution, but that isn't scummy for him IME as I'll explain in a bit. Granted, I've played with him on ika, as is probably obvious now, and we've played together for... I guess it's been 2 years now. So, if I were to go based on his meta, I don't really view him as scum. Sixx is generally a quieter person who doesn't initiate too much but watches things unfold and comments as he deems fit. It should also be noted that his activity generally picks up and h actually gets true reads by D2 after he has had a night of actions happening and some time to reflect on the prior day. However, it's usually in larger amounts than this, but I've also never played a 20+ game with him so... that would be different too.

In post 492, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Sixx is scum. You all probably know this already, considering how glaringly obvious it is, but there you have it.
I guess it isn't as obvious because I don't exactly view him as scum. HOWEVER, I don't view him as town either, but rather slight-town null. Care to present a case for me?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”