Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

@penguin, What do you of the question now that he's said more on it?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 49, Junpei wrote:It has scumhunting purpose, but the results won't allow me to make any of those kinds of conclusions no matter what.

At this point I'm just confused. You don't anticipate anyone answering in a way that's scummy or anti-town? But you can scumhunt with the answers? What am I missing here?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Juls »

@Mehdi: In post 24, are you saying that me questioning Junpei is pushing it or Junpei's original question is pushing it? I don't think either is pushing it but I want to know the why of Junpei's suggestion.

@Junpei: I would rather not discuss how to use the QT in thread. And I am not sure why you would want to discuss how to use them in an open forum. Would it not be more beneficial to post in your QT how you intend on using the thread that way you and the Mind Reader would be the only two to know? I can't see the benefit in discussing it here.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Adam

Adam: Did it ever occur to you during your spat with Mehdi that you were making a big fuss over a single sentence, while ignoring the question Jal was asking you?

PA's "lie," with the whole PM confirmation thing is odd, but I don't see a reason for scum to lie about it.

In post 42, T-Bone wrote:
unvote Bone

wut is this
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

@Adam Scum hunting purpose =/= searching for alignment. Understanding the set up might not directly give a read on someone but can help scum hunt overall.

@Juls, for the first part I meant me replying instead of junpei didn't really hurt things unless you planned to push him with that as a start.

@Survivor what do you think t-bone's vote is?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 54, Mehdi2277 wrote:@Adam Scum hunting purpose =/= searching for alignment.

What does this mean?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Next sentence explains it.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And that was partly my mistake. It should be @alien.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Uh guys. Why haven't any of you called out Juls for her RVS vote when we basically ended RVS stage before that.

LS: Why would town lie about it though?

@T-Bone: Please tell me you'll actually post something during the day phrase that consists of something non-bolded.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Since the lie wasn't intentional. RVS ends at different moments for people. It doesn't have a true end point and it matters most if you think it makes her most suspicious or suspicious enough for a vote. I'm currently fine sitting on adam.

And I think t-bone succeeded in what he did.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 53, Lastsurvivor wrote:

In post 42, T-Bone wrote:
unvote Bone

wut is this

Clearly I unvoted myself. I decided I wasn't scum anymore. If you knew what I knew you'd agree and not vote me as well.

Mala, now the bold is for you buddy.

Continuing my thoughts...

What Medhi thinks I have succeeded in, I have no idea. You can elaborate if you want. Please don't be my buddy-buddy, not yet, not at least until I start demanding it. Then by all means.

These quick votes on Adam should make you people feel bad so early in the day. So should the following...it makes me feel bad

Malakittens wrote:Uh guys. Why haven't any of you called out Juls for her RVS vote when we basically ended RVS stage before that.

I don't quite understand this particular deflection. I don't see an RVS in her post #52, so this is an oddly timed comment. Had it just been RANDOM VOTE LOL and nothing else from her, your statement might be less out of place, but still a deflection. Here its completely out of place.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Reaction test purposes and you got people to comment. Mala is referring to post #15 I believe.

And what's evil about the adam wagon?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 58, Malakittens wrote:Uh guys. Why haven't any of you called out Juls for her RVS vote when we basically ended RVS stage before that.

LS: Why would town lie about it though?

@T-Bone: Please tell me you'll actually post something during the day phrase that consists of something non-bolded.

If Penguin is lying, why aren't you voting him?
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

EBWOP: And why are you asking us why we haven't called Juls out?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Juls »

In post 58, Malakittens wrote:Uh guys. Why haven't any of you called out Juls for her RVS vote when we basically ended RVS stage before that.

First, there was certainly nothing to warrant a for-serious vote by post 15. And secondly, why are you not calling me out instead of prodding others to call me out? And if there are legitimate things to vote for, why haven't you placed a vote?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Mmk. Yeah, I could see that about nothing warranting a "for-serious vote" by post 15, but I'm wondering why you even voted at all.

Well, me asking why anyone hasn't called you out IS me calling you out.

I'm not ready to place a vote.

@Adam:

I'm trying to dig at PA's reaction to test if it's truthful or not and which side-motivation it's coming from. That doesn't yet deserve a vote.

Also are we going to be a post machine again this game?

@T-bone:

I'm talking about her post 15.

Also the bold is going to annoy me.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 51, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 49, Junpei wrote:It has scumhunting purpose, but the results won't allow me to make any of those kinds of conclusions no matter what.

At this point I'm just confused. You don't anticipate anyone answering in a way that's scummy or anti-town? But you can scumhunt with the answers? What am I missing here?

I never said that I could scumunt, I said it was asked with the intent of aiding scumhunting.

I don't see how my question is something that should be asked to The Mind Reader. I guess no one is willing to trust the question so I'll just state my reasoning:

I wanted the mind reader to know the answers. If people say that their QT is very useful, and they don't use it much or don't do anything beneficial in it, then perhaps we have mafia. The mafia QT part was a red herring; I figured mafia would spend more time on that part of the answer so they wouldn't be able to game the first question.

I agree with Juls 64
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 54, Mehdi2277 wrote:Scum hunting purpose =/= searching for alignment. Understanding the set up might not directly give a read on someone but can help scum hunt overall.

What's to understand about the set-up? We're all in one-way contact with someone who's confirmed town but with a hidden identity. Like lots of Mason or Neighbor groups depending on the alignment of the writer. In the meantime we play it like a vanilla game and scum try to mislead the Mind Reader. I suspect people of both alignments will attempt different strategies, but to speculate further on that gets into territory Junpei said we should avoid.

I'll grant that searching for alignment can encompass finding town reads, making it more inclusive than scum hunting, so if that's what he meant, it's less confusing.

p-edit: The disconnect between what people say they'd do with the QT versus what they actually do could be useful, and I see how you were actually implying that your question would help someone else scumhunt, but since you told us not to answer with any strategy references, I'm not sure how you intended to elicit those types of responses.

Malakittens: Still not lying.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by Malakittens »

You got to be lying somewhere. My facts don't lie. Anyways, this might just be fruitless. I'm dropping it for now.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 66, Junpei wrote:

I never said that I could scumunt, I said it was asked with the intent of aiding scumhunting.

I don't see how my question is something that should be asked to The Mind Reader. I guess no one is willing to trust the question so I'll just state my reasoning:

I wanted the mind reader to know the answers. If people say that their QT is very useful, and they don't use it much or don't do anything beneficial in it, then perhaps we have mafia. The mafia QT part was a red herring; I figured mafia would spend more time on that part of the answer so they wouldn't be able to game the first question.

I agree with Juls 64

If this is true than I do not agree with you revealing it so soon.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 59, Mehdi2277 wrote:Since the lie wasn't intentional.

Do you have a post you can quote showing this? I am assuming you mean Penguin right?
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 69, Adam-12 wrote:
In post 66, Junpei wrote:

I agree with Juls 64

If this is true than I do not agree with you revealing it so soon.

Was becoming a small distraction and just about everyone (if not everyone?) had posted and I wasn't getting any results.

Malakittens wrote:You got to be lying somewhere. My facts don't lie. Anyways, this might just be fruitless. I'm dropping it for now.

1) Why MUST he be lying?
2) If he MUST be lying, then why drop it
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 68, Malakittens wrote:You got to be lying somewhere. My facts don't lie. Anyways, this might just be fruitless. I'm dropping it for now.

@Mala: Speaking about our earlier game, you voted for Levi straight out the bat, why not this time for Penguin?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Adam-12: 3 (Jal, Mehdi2277, Lastsurvivor)
Junpei: 2 (Adam-12, penguin_alien)
Jal: 2 (CityElectric, Juls)
T-Bone: 1 (guille2015)

Not Voting: 5 (GreyICE, Loranthaceae, T-Bone, Junpei, Malakittens)
Last edited by OhGodMyLife on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Adam-12 »

In post 71, Junpei wrote:
Was becoming a small distraction and just about everyone (if not everyone?) had posted and I wasn't getting any results.

Grey Ice has not posted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”