Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Jal »

I don't have an anything read on Guille. Why town, Lor? Actually, you just posted. Are you criticizing your own town reason or what?

I don't know hwo anyone can read City as town at this stage either beyond a guy call. City is responding in a reactionary way when City does come to post.

LS, our reasoning is different regarding Adam, and that is not sheeping. I won't get into another in-thread argument with you regarding sheeping.

Mala, you're sounding like a newb player this game. You're seriously usually much stronger than this. I don't think you answered my earlier questions either.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Malakittens »

Uh. Lora - because the explanation that Penguin explain does look like an error that's not really her fault. Now that the information is out anything defensive-wise doesn't really apply.

---

@Jal:

Want to keep the sly comments coming? Explain usually more 'stronger' than this. On a more important note: I have answered your earlier questions.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:36 am

Post by T-Bone »

Are you criticizing your own townread Loran? WTF IS THIS SHIT?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Loranthaceae »

I thought Mehdi sounded like he knew that explanation before we did. In fact I'd imagine scum were happy about being able post about something this easy, the topic's conclusion was obvious: 'this is not alignment indicative', it's plausible that all of them did.

Scum like to budge in and give their two cents when someone is persisting on an issue that he should know is irrelevant.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:17 am

Post by Jal »

In post 426, Malakittens wrote:Uh. Lora - because the explanation that Penguin explain does look like an error that's not really her fault. Now that the information is out anything defensive-wise doesn't really apply.

---

@Jal:

Want to keep the sly comments coming? Explain usually more 'stronger' than this. On a more important note: I have answered your earlier questions.

Link answers. I go to class for 13 hours and I go back home to a full time job. I am too tired for this shit.

Sly comments? You realize I am voting you right? I've been pretty open how I think you're acting differently than the town meta I am used to. Not exactly seeing "sly" here. It is a cool word though.

Let's see,

Usually you vote straight-off the bat
You have strong reads at the beginning
You have stronger reads in general throughout the game
You're usually a lot more inquisitive, explanatory, and sometimes outspoken when votes get put on you or when questions are asked of you.

Taking an example from your sly comment. Sly imparts scumminess, whereas you're usually more straight-forward.

Read on penguin please.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:18 am

Post by Jal »

In post 428, Loranthaceae wrote:I thought Mehdi sounded like he knew that explanation before we did. In fact I'd imagine scum were happy about being able post about something this easy, the topic's conclusion was obvious: 'this is not alignment indicative', it's plausible that all of them did.

Scum like to budge in and give their two cents when someone is persisting on an issue that he should know is irrelevant.

I don't know what this has anything to do with the whole town read on Guille dealio.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Jal »

In post 391, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 352, Junpei wrote:
In post 345, Mehdi2277 wrote:Junpei why did you never respond to my response for your vote reasons?

Never saw it, it was hard for me to catch up I wasn't able to respond and react to everything. Mind linking it to me?

In post 116, Mehdi2277 wrote:Junpei speaking on something spoken already works. Why should I make my top scum read be for reasons that are original if they'd just be not true? I agreed with jal. I voted adam. And buddying with my treatment of adam? Not making confrontations with the same thing? Would you rather me yell at adam since I think my opinion is fairly clear currently there. I haven't defended people much yet.

Lurking at this point in the game for jal when she started a wagon and later doesn't equal 3 days later doesn't work well either. Same for last (sorry but school + sleep makes about 16 hours of the day not times for me to post).

@Mala, "I do have to say I like your posts. They are searching for scum and you are going after players." Can you expand on that? Isn't that just what everyone is supposed to be doing. Your reason for him being town is really just he looks town and doesn't explain much of why or how his scum hunting actually looks genuine instead of unsure (like in asking others on t-bone vs just asking t-bone directly).

@Penguin, I took 333 as him mainly fosing adam. And the two posts I referred to came after t-bone was saying his posts that page just weren't helpful. 337 is a lot more direct then those two seem strange together.

Curious how omgus and voting someone who votes you became the same thing in badness since it's just trying to fit a tell on several posts in part of page 15 plus is a nice way to make loran's vote seems worse then it is.

Mala since not all games are equal.

Lastly, UNVOTE: mala and VOTE: City. Vote being a. continued lack of explanation on someone she's fine voting to L-1 and a vague the way he reacted is interesting and convinced me more, b. arguing over what's considered lurking instead of just arguing it along with 306 which just tries to make loran trust her a bit more both not

Explain how this leads up to a City vote, because I am seeing a whole bunch against Mala here.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

Kay Jal.

I know you are voting me.

Actually, it depends. I try not to vote during RVS and if I do it's serious rather than playful lately.
I have a strong scum read on Adam, but no one is seeing it. (Ironically that happened during Switch too!)
It's only Day 1.. Give me time to look at a flip and a NK.
Yeah - last few times I argued a case after I got votes on me I was forced to claim and I died. I have responded to questions.

Haven't really got a read on Penguin. I have played with her when she's both alignments and I am watching for her sporadic wall posts which hasn't happened yet.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Jal »

Can you link the answers, please?

See, the thing is usually you don't need a flip to really scum hunt. You have stronger D1s then D2s in my opinion. I think you actually have a good record in both picking out and voting scum the first day. Also, give me the Adam case. I can somewhat see it since he refuses to ever answer me properly (main reason), but his back-and-forth replies make me think otherwise.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

Post by Malakittens »

This.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4658134

My Adam case is in there too.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 393, GreyICE wrote:
In post 391, Mehdi2277 wrote:@Mala, "I do have to say I like your posts. They are searching for scum and you are going after players." Can you expand on that? Isn't that just what everyone is supposed to be doing. Your reason for him being town is really just he looks town and doesn't explain much of why or how his scum hunting actually looks genuine instead of unsure (like in asking others on t-bone vs just asking t-bone directly).

@Penguin, I took 333 as him mainly fosing adam. And the two posts I referred to came after t-bone was saying his posts that page just weren't helpful. 337 is a lot more direct then those two seem strange together.

Curious how omgus and voting someone who votes you became the same thing in badness since it's just trying to fit a tell on several posts in part of page 15 plus is a nice way to make loran's vote seems worse then it is.

Mala since not all games are equal.

Lastly, UNVOTE: mala and VOTE: City. Vote being a. continued lack of explanation on someone she's fine voting to L-1 and a vague the way he reacted is interesting and convinced me more, b. arguing over what's considered lurking instead of just arguing it along with 306 which just tries to make loran trust her a bit more both not

Explain this vote better

Explain what you think of Malakittens better

Do you think you are playing one of your better games right now?

The city part of it is clear and simple.

(also to Jal) Mala was both change of mind on her vote usage and the way she's referring to herself in this game when it comes to meta foses. Her defense feels similar to how the way she defended herself in micro 45. To a lesser extent voting applies to in not voting for the first couple of pages after replacing in. I can find other games it feels similar to in day 1 = laziest mala day if wanted. And similarly back up the meta as well, jal since I've seen the opposite for mala day 1 vs day 2.

Now no. At the same time the only one of the three choices you have I'd be for is guille. Mala's reason for being fosed is the most clear and why do you suspect Jal? The vote was around the decoder video which is just interesting, but I don't see what's likely scum motivated in it (more null and fun really and earlier treatment of adam + breaking up post reasoning make her a town read to me). Also not sure why you suspect guille and really my current opinion on him is a weak scum read with little actual content, and 0 pursuit of the two earlier questions he asked.

In post 417, Lastsurvivor wrote:Elaborate.

Mala's reason for you town was Posts seem pro-town and hunting is acknowledged. That's pretty much the definition of what a townie is without explaining what looks pro town or makes your scum hunting look genuine at all. It sounds like she's explaining her town read on you just with it's because he looks town.

Currently null for the read part.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Feeling better after a night's rest; V/LA over.

Loranthaceae attempting to call the scum team on rather weak associations looks like scum lining up future lynches. Or overeager town, although I'd think that without any flips, it's rather premature as a pro-town play.

I'm waiting to see if guille2015's next catch-up post is more substantive; from his first one #241 what stands out to me is his worry that someone is being put at L-2 without what he deems to be a sufficiently good reason, plus I'm not sure why he feels the need to guess as to whom GreyICE is voting for. I'm on the same page with not quite getting the 'reading comprehension' motivation, but I think it was pretty clear GreyICE had his vote on Adam-12 at the time of the post. Casting doubt on this basic fact seems gratuitous. As for the L-2 point, guille2015, why do you think it's so dangerous to put someone at L-2 specifically?

CityElectric doesn't seem particularly scummy to me. What there is to her answers reads as genuine. Right now at worst I'd put her as a null read.

Malakittens' case on Adam-12 reads as reasonable, and I'd disagree with, I think it was guille2015, that Loranthaceae and Adam-12 couldn't be scum together, as I've seen scum infighting used to good effect. Adam-12, what made you say this:

In post 75, Adam-12 wrote:Jun is good posting. I like Juls & Penguin.

specifically your read on me, at that point in the game?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Lining up future lynches only works if he has any credibility or power to push lynches.

Do you think adam is scum penguin?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I agree about the efficacy of lining up future lynches, but that doesn't mean that Loranthaceae doesn't believe himself to have said credibility and power. In the meantime it's a great way to look busy and insightful with nothing of substance being contributed.

I have a stronger scum read on Loranthaceae, but I don't get the vibe from his exchanges with Adam-12 that him being scum excludes Adam-12 as scum. I want to see how Adam-12 responds to some of the more recent posting before determining if he's overtaking Loranthaceae in my scumdar. His not posting for four days doesn't help that. (unless I missed a V/LA?)
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Calling someone scum and explaining is substance in the eyes of the one who writes it if they believe it. It's not smart substance, but I wouldn't say he's doing it to excuse himself.

Considering day talk I'd also partly expect his scum buddies telling him to not become a desired policy lynch.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 418, Malakittens wrote:It's due to the sudden shift of defense on Adam that I don't like by GreyICE. He didn't call him town, but the defense feels like he's sorta feeling he's town. Does that make sense?

The correct answer to my question was post 250, btw.

So I don't see a sudden shift in Greyice's opinion, since he already established his opinion that Adam's town. Contrarily to what you said in 404, Greyice never said that the reason he thought Adam was town because of his posting rate. It looks like he originally brought up Adam's post rate in order to explain why it's different than yours.

In post 421, Malakittens wrote:I have. I have a weridish gut town feeling on him, but besides that he's null. He really hasn't posted enough.

What gives you this "weirdish gut town feeling"?

In post 435, Mehdi2277 wrote:Mala's reason for you town was Posts seem pro-town and hunting is acknowledged. That's pretty much the definition of what a townie is without explaining what looks pro town or makes your scum hunting look genuine at all. It sounds like she's explaining her town read on you just with it's because he looks town.

Currently null for the read part.

I actually wanted you to elaborate on the part where you implied I'm unsure in my scumhunting. And the whole asking others about t-bone thing because I have no idea what you're referring to.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I meant substance for the town as a whole. But that is a good point that you'd think if he's scum he'd have been counseled to be less inflammatory. Unless they think it's worth bussing him, particularly if they can use his QT to their advantage in manipulating the MR, but I'd think you're right that they'd try to get him to become less of a target before resigning themselves to bussing where they need four mislynches to win. I don't think it's enough to unvote him, as if daytalk let scum play an infallible game it would never be used, but it's certainly worth considering.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 53, Lastsurvivor wrote:wut is this

I was thinking of this for the unsure.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 442, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 53, Lastsurvivor wrote:wut is this

I was thinking of this for the unsure.

But that was directed at T-bone, which you can see if you look at the quote in context. You said...

In post 391, Mehdi2277 wrote:how his scum hunting actually looks genuine instead of unsure (like in asking others on t-bone vs just asking t-bone directly).

So why did you say I didn't direct that point at T-bone, when I did?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Since I remembered off. It's what I was thinking of.
Loranthaceae
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Loranthaceae
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by Loranthaceae »

In post 427, T-Bone wrote:Are you criticizing your own townread Loran? WTF IS THIS SHIT?

I am criticizing your "reads", toad.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch

Loranthaceae: 4 (guille2015, penguin_alien, CityElectric, Adam-12)
Malakittens: 2 (Juls, Jal)
Adam-12: 2 (Lastsurvivor, Malakittens)
guille2015: 2 (GreyICE, T-Bone)
penguin_alien: 1 (Loranthaceae)
CityElectric: 1 (Mehdi2277)

Not Voting: 1 (Junpei)
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:39 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

mastin2 replaces Juls. Three cheers for mastin2!
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

T-bone what's your read of city relative to guille right now?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

Hey, GreyICE? Who's scum and why?

/reading
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”